Page 78 of 160 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 128 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,340 of 4778

Thread: Controversial Nine Inch Nails opinions

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I think the sequencing pretty much has to be as is in order to reflect Low.

Still, I prefer:
    06. TFOUAD
    07. Head Down
    08. Lights in the Sky
    09. Corona Radiata
    10. Demon Seed

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    THE SLIP was a quickie LP thrown out to justify a tour.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by emptydesk View Post
    THE SLIP was a quickie LP thrown out to justify a tour.
    Pretty sure NIN has never needed a new album to justify shows.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Trent knew he wasn't really quitting touring in '09 but capitalized on the implied verbiage when he did his "wave goodbye to your bank account" eBay auctions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not terribly controversial, but "Not So Pretty Now" is one of if not the worst NIN songs ever.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Trent Reznor is a tranny named Tia Resnic.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by placepinion View Post
    Trent Reznor is a tranny named Tia Resnic.
    what the fuck is wrong with you

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    what the fuck is wrong with you
    I thought this is where you post controversial nin opinions?

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Anyone who thinks Trent can't sing or write lyrics very well are filthy casuals. Fight me.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfkiller View Post
    Anyone who thinks Trent can't sing or write lyrics very well are filthy casuals. Fight me.
    I think Trent is mostly good at songs he wrote or feels big connection with (read: covers such as I'm afraid of americans, Metal, etc.) but to advertise the guy as a versatile singer would be a huge mistake. I imagine he'd never show up at a karaoke-battle type TV show.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    I think Trent is mostly good at songs he wrote or feels big connection with (read: covers such as I'm afraid of americans, Metal, etc.) but to advertise the guy as a versatile singer would be a huge mistake. I imagine he'd never show up at a karaoke-battle type TV show.
    I think being able to sincerely express emotions with your singing makes one a better singerv than someone who can just hit notes accurately. Same with overly fancy or clever writing, it isn't as important compared to expressing emotions that the audience can relate to in some way.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfkiller View Post
    I think being able to sincerely express emotions with your singing makes one a better singerv than someone who can just hit notes accurately. Same with overly fancy or clever writing, it isn't as important compared to expressing emotions that the audience can relate to in some way.
    It's the difference between being a technical singer and someone with a pleasant voice. Bob Dylan is a kinda awful singer technically, for example, but his voice carries it.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Bob Dylan is just a bad singer in every sense of the word. One of the most infuriating singers of all time for me.

Either way though. I couldn't be a fan of a song just because of the music if the voice sucks to me or if I felt the lyrics were mostly groan worthy. Can't imagine why you'd consider yourself a fan if you feel that way.
    Last edited by Wolfkiller; 01-09-2016 at 05:17 AM.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    That's exactly why I'm not as big of a NIN fan as I once was. I adore the music and loathe most of the lyrics. After Trent released those instrimentals via Itunes I spent hours trying to make a configuration of TF which kept the best instrumentals and lost the worst lyrics. It was a hard task.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    What I love about Trent is he doesn't try to put on some singy songy voice. He just expresses himself and lets it rip. It's truly his own voice: raw and unfiltered and he just lets it all out. That's why no one will ever sound like NIN (even though lame bands like linkin park try). NIN is trent and trent is NIN because of his willingness to be true to himself in every aspect.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by placepinion View Post
    What I love about Trent is he doesn't try to put on some singy songy voice. He just expresses himself and lets it rip. It's truly his own voice: raw and unfiltered and he just lets it all out. That's why no one will ever sound like NIN (even though lame bands like linkin park try). NIN is trent and trent is NIN because of his willingness to be true to himself in every aspect.
    I don't think "controversial" means what you think it means...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Was "And All That Could Have Been" a response to "Hey Jupiter?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Are you basing that question on lyrics or the distorted beat?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by emptydesk View Post
    Was "And All That Could Have Been" a response to "Hey Jupiter?
    If you mean lyrically, that is beyond far-fetched.

I bet TR was thinking of that beat (from the Dakota version, but it's actually from "Sugar") when he was programming swooshies in "Zero-Sum," though.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Ghosts I-IV tease/release was more epic than that of Year Zero.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    Ghosts I-IV tease/release was more epic than that of Year Zero.
    10/10 controversial post would heavily disagree with again.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I consider Broken and The Slip EPs in my head despite them both being albums.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    i have no clue what NIN's last album is called. i think i heard one song my friend played for me when the album came out. which was when? summer of 2014? i don't even fucking know. shame on me. i don't even have the ethic to find out how good it may or may not be. may echoingthesound have mercy on my soul.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ldopa View Post
    i have no clue what NIN's last album is called. i think i heard one song my friend played for me when the album came out. which was when? summer of 2014? i don't even fucking know. shame on me. i don't even have the ethic to find out how good it may or may not be. may echoingthesound have mercy on my soul.
    Why is that...?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    i don't know. TR is a powerhouse, and i do have confidence in his composing. maybe timing / association? i wonder if i still relate sometimes.

i've been through the same thoughts with marilyn manson.

or musically, i'm a neophobic?
    Last edited by ldopa; 01-19-2016 at 11:34 PM. Reason: afterthoughts

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    i have no clue what NIN's last album is called...
    Clue #1: two words

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    i love guessing games, but i really don't have one leg to stand on when it comes to this.
    i'm not a "googler" who pretended to earn the knowledge for myself then post something ultra poignant and act like it's my own original thoughts / opinions.
    Last edited by ldopa; 01-20-2016 at 12:25 AM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I consider Broken and The Slip EPs in my head despite them both being albums.
    Broken is only an EP if you don't include Suck and Physical - and The Slip? Come on man, that's as long as any standard vinyl album from over the years
    Hesitation Marks

It's really not hard to google btw. Also, worth listening to. And Marilyn Manson's was the best album by him in over a decade, The Pale Emperor.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    ^^
    Don't agree on Manson. EMDM was better in my book, but that's the subject for a different topic.

I just wonder what's next, are we gonna have ETS users who will ask 'what's a Nine Inch Nails?'

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    i'm not a "googler" who pretended to earn the knowledge for myself then post something ultra poignant and act like it's my own original thoughts / opinions.
    That didn't make any sense to me in that context.
    Or in any context actually. One could argue that just because the means to gather knowledge have changed doesn't make them any more meaningless/ful than when you had to read a book, get educated, or just gather info from hearsay.
    You care about the info or you don't. If you do then go get it, if you don't then don't "brag" about your ignorance, either way it's all from your own volition ?

And, even if I get that you would join a fan forum while not really caring for the object of the fandom itself, I don't really understand why you would drag your boots to the NIN part you don't care for and post about not knowing the name of an album you can't be bothered to listen to or to even google ? That's not controversial, that's just pointless, for everyone involved ?