Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Kevin McMahon/Prick

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    Does anyone have any idea how to acquire the Live album? I just found out today that it existed, when I got my LP in the mail, and I'm going nuts knowing that it exists and I can't get at it!
    I'll send it to you but you'll have to change the artist name. Everything on my phone is labeled as Kevin McMahon to keep things cleaner.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Damn. Just stumbled upon the cassette rip that's circulating the interwebz featuring a LOT of released and unreleased Lucky Pierre songs, many of which are missing from the best of he compiled and released in 2009.

Really hoping he'll reappear and release some of that (or other) stuff.

I wonder what he's up to these days.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I don't know how legit this is (ie if it's actually Kevin running the bandcamp) but I found this

https://luckypierremusic.bandcamp.com

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    I don't know how legit this is (ie if it's actually Kevin running the bandcamp) but I found this

i got a comment from someone on instagram (on my picture of my Prick vinyl from last year(?)) that told me to check out that bandcamp page haha

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

100% bullshit / outright theft.
    Report it, has already been passed on to interested parties.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I have a Prick story.
    In February 1995 I read that the Self Destruct tour was going to wrap up in New Orleans. On a whim, I booked a flight and flew out a couple of days later. While walking through the airport, I spotted a local entertainment newspaper. I discovered there was going to be a Night of Nothing showcase at the Muddy Waters bar. I also spotted Coolio in the airport. I took a cab out to Muddy Waters, and arrived early enough to watch Prick go through soundcheck while I ate a bowl of gumbo. People eventually filled up this tiny bar, and we all watched and heard the sets of Prick, PWEI, and MM. I was told that Trent was watching from the balcony, but I couldn't see him from where I stood. I was the first attendee to show up at the bar, and I was the last to leave, as I had no plans for where to stay or where to go next. Kevin, Sebastien, and Chris walked out of the bar, presumably to catch their bus. The Prick album was released about three weeks prior to this show, and I had been playing it on repeat since release day. Miss Baphomette had sent me a couple of Communique / Crack 7", and the very first time I gave it a spin, I scratched my head and thought "hmmm". And then I pushed the button on my record player to switch from 33rpm to 45rpm, and it sounded much better. I remember first learning about the band many months earlier while reading an article in Alternative Press or maybe it was B-Side magazine. The article had mentioned Lucky Pierre, and I remember searching local music shops for anything by Lucky Pierre to get an idea of what Prick might sound like. I did indeed find a Lucky Pierre album at a local music store, and bought it.
    When I saw Kevin and a couple of his bandmates after the gig, I told Kevin how great the album is and how I think it's really, really great. I went on to say how I thought this new album was soooooo much better than the Lucky Pierre album I had bought. Kevin seemed intrigued by this, and asked which album I was talking about. I said I didn't remember the name, and said I couldn't remember what was on the cover, as I had sold it because it wasn't very good. To which he told me: "Then you're an asshole." And then Sebastien and Chris chuckled at that. Then I walked through suburban New Orleans in the middle of the night toward what I guessed might be the direction of a downtown district. The next day, I was able to buy a ticket from someone in line for the Nine Inch Nails show.
    Major note: It turns out that the Lucky Pierre album that I had purchased, and basically told Kevin it sucked, was by a completely different Lucky Pierre band that was out of Atlanta, Georgia. I can't find any videos to hear that album again, but here it is:
    https://www.discogs.com/Lucky-Pierre...elease/6350914
    https://www.amazon.com/Brown-Betty-L.../dp/B00H5X45N8
    http://lightningjukebox.blogspot.com...ky-pierre.html

I should have known Lucky Pierre. (with a period at the end) was different than Lucky Pierre (without the period).
    Last edited by Findus; 07-20-2018 at 04:15 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey folks, I'm looking for the Fear of blue cd if anyone's selling or has it for upload. Also looking for ANYTHING by Kevin that I don't already have. I'm happy to share what I have (which is some pretty rare stuff).
    Thanks all.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    You could try emailing luckyordergirl@aol.com. That's how I ordered the CDs. But it was ten years ago, so...

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Apologies to anyone who just got excited that Kevin was releasing new music. This isn't that.
    That was me.
    Saw The Prick thread had been bumped and I kind of glanced over it quickly, and was about to close down ETS and then I did a double take. "Wait, did I just see what I thought I saw?"

If ya have $175 to spare, here ya go: https://www.ebay.com/itm/RaRe-LUCKY-...kAAOSwSnRdEMu1

But, I'd personally settle for the $64 one if I were you, lol: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lucky-Pierr...wAAOSwzvhd-75v
    Last edited by ManBurning; 07-12-2020 at 05:14 AM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Thanks, @r_z & @ManBurning .

No dice on the Luckyordergirl. And I'm not spending $175 (especially since I don't even have a CD drive in the house). Anyone got any final guesses before I let this thread get buried?
    I mean do you just want the mp3s? Because they're on my phone

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I found the CD....I can rip the wavs or something if anyone wants. I'll check back tomorrow.

Last edited by Bajoobatron; 07-18-2020 at 10:20 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Family ate into a large chunk of my day, so this is my first chance to check-in here and follow-up on this. Dropbox is being a slow bitch right now, but that's where I'm trying to put things. I just use the free version of it; don't know if you use it or not so <shrug> we'll see what happens haha. If there's some other way you'd prefer, lmk. I figure at the latest it'd be tomorrow afternoon. I'm trying.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    PM sent

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    EDIT: Nevermind.
    Last edited by Bajoobatron; 08-13-2020 at 03:40 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I have a bunch of MP3s on an old HD somewhere w/ tons of old Prick/Lucky Pierre stuff that I can't find online. If anyone is interested in this, like the [sic] album or whatever, I'll dig it up

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I have a bunch of MP3s on an old HD somewhere w/ tons of old Prick/Lucky Pierre stuff that I can't find online. If anyone is interested in this, like the [sic] album or whatever, I'll dig it up
    Yes please!

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    didn't wanna leave anyone hanging, but I looked through for the drive that it'd be on and I can't find it. So much of my stuff is in storage, it might turn up when I move (which should be soon). So, sorry guys

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    digging up this old thread to say, I used to own Prick - The Wreckard and Lucky Pierre - ThinKing on CD when i was like a teenager and I been thinking about those records recently and have looked for them EVERYWHERE online (i have no idea what happened to my cd collection i never kept up with it once i started collecting vinyl and all) and all i can find is copies on ebay for like 200+ dollars. If anyone has these or knows anywhere where I can get these I would love to have them. I would buy them in an instant if Kevin McMahon had them up literally anywhere! Its so sad for good music to be lost to time like this. Obviously his nothing records release is easy to find and I got the limited edition vinyl a few years back, but I liked The Wreckard more than that album even!

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brokenfragility View Post
    digging up this old thread to say, I used to own Prick - The Wreckard and Lucky Pierre - ThinKing on CD when i was like a teenager and I been thinking about those records recently and have looked for them EVERYWHERE online (i have no idea what happened to my cd collection i never kept up with it once i started collecting vinyl and all) and all i can find is copies on ebay for like 200+ dollars. If anyone has these or knows anywhere where I can get these I would love to have them. I would buy them in an instant if Kevin McMahon had them up literally anywhere! Its so sad for good music to be lost to time like this. Obviously his nothing records release is easy to find and I got the limited edition vinyl a few years back, but I liked The Wreckard more than that album even!

Unfortunately to my knowledge the best anyone can do to get a copy would have to be through discogs. Which means paying an awful amount of money for those hard to get and out of print records and cd's.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I revisited the Prick album about a year ago and just marvel and how fucking fantastic it is.

I would love to hear more music from Kevin. I hope you are able to find those hard to locate gems!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Damn you guys for bumping this thread! I got my hopes up for an announcement! Sorry I can’t help with the search for cheap album copies. I never thought to buy multiple copies when they were available.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brokenfragility View Post
    I'm uploading a zip to Dropbox right now. They're all labeled as "Kevin McMahon" because I wanted them all under the same artist in my music player and I'm too lazy to change them back for the upload.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm uploading a zip to Dropbox right now. They're all labeled as "Kevin McMahon" because I wanted them all under the same artist in my music player and I'm too lazy to change them back for the upload.
    you are a KING, sir! If Kevin reads this thread (doubtful) put your god damned music up on bandcamp or something! I will buy them immediately!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Thank you thank you!

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    god Saint of Blue is such a great song.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Listening to this guy's stuff, I really miss him. LuckyPrick.net seems to have died. Such a shame.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by diptych View Post
    Listening to this guy's stuff, I really miss him. LuckyPrick.net seems to have died. Such a shame.

He comes and goes at the strangest times. I wouldn't give up hope just yet.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by diptych View Post
    LuckyPrick.net seems to have died. Such a shame.
    Just noticed this... I was trying to look up (interpretations of) some lyrics off the Wreckard... kept getting hit with a 500 error.
    At least it's still up on the webarchive. It's slow but I believe most if not all of the information is still on there.
    I should make an offline backup just like I did with most of luckypierremusic.com and prickmusic.com.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Yeah, the 'interpretations' of Wreckard lyrics on Genius are... not right. I'll just keep making up my own interpretations, as I have been for 20 years. Terrific album, no idea what he's actually singing.
    Last edited by botley; 01-04-2022 at 01:35 PM.