Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Kevin McMahon/Prick

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Release new music, please!

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Sigh...
    This is the last thing he has released that I am aware of.
    That was 9 years ago!

I really wish that he does indeed release new music sometime soon.

All speculation but I think that he does music in his free time as a side gig and wanted to shy away from the limelight after the Self Destruct Tour.
    or maybe he became disenchanted with the way the music business was from the late 90's early 2000's.
    Again pure speculation on my part to rationalized why Kevin hasn't released anything since 2009; I wonder if John Malm JR. had anything to do with Kevin not releasing music as much up until Trent took JMJ to court.
    I mean if JMJ defrauded Trent then it is possible he did it to Kevin too.
    That is unless he does do music but under a completely different name that we as fan wouldn't know about it.
    Maybe he does commercial jingles for advertisements for radio/tv to make money.
    All in all I'm sure Kevin has his reasons for not releasing music for Lucky Pierre/Prick/(sic) etc.

Maybe just maybe Trent could coax him out from hiding and even feature him on a collaboration on the next NIN album.
    Either way I hope new music from Kevin gets released at some point soon and not "soon".
    As a side note, I always laughed when some Tool fan bitched that they haven't released an album in years only for me to tell them, tough shit, try being a fan of Kevin McMahon and waiting for a new album.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    My dream is to have a nicely cut vinyl version of The Wreckard, but I don't see it happening any time soon (for various reasons). Such a wild album, in terms of extreme dynamics and hard limiting as part of "the sound"... it would probably need to be spread over two LPs at 45 RPM to even track properly.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Any chance we can get a reupload?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninhead View Post
    Any chance we can get a reupload?
    Here you go!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ue8nkcv7p...mahon.zip?dl=0

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    You. Are. The. Bestest.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ziltoid View Post
    Maybe just maybe Trent could coax him out from hiding
    Has Trent said anything about Kevin recently? (...recently meaning within the last decade or two I guess...) I do wonder what he's been up to, or if he will ever re-release his music. Next AMA Trent decides to do, I'm definitely asking about Kevin.

Anyway, I have been checking this thread every few months since it's the most active discussion about Lucky Pierre / Prick on the entire interwebz; it's good to see there's still a lot of other people interested in this music. Recently I was able to purchase an original Wreckard CD (sealed, if you believe it!) and ThinKing for a reasonable price (keep checking eBay and various other shady marketplaces... sometimes it pays off). As soon as they arrive I was planning to rip them to FLAC files, if anyone here wants those.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    If anyone has the Boston Live CD and wants to FLAC that bish up to share, I would certainly appreciate it. Regardless, thank you for sharing the mp3 folder. I had no idea the Boston thing existed, much less anything after 2002's The Wreckard.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Kevin McMahon/Prick

I’m not at home and I do not have access to my NAS, but I dug up this email from June 2009…

Hello Eveyone,

AMAZING NEWS!!! LuckyPierreMusic.com is now LIVE! Kevin McMahon is truly back in action.

From the main site, you can stream new music from Fear Of Blue, Lucky Pierre & ( sic ), as well as watch a video for the song "Attitude" that features a solo Kevin performing before a rotating artwork being created live by Roger Von Golling!

As if that's not enough, they've also got an all encompassing store that's offering all kinds of new merchandise, from shirts, hats & CDs to digital downloads!

If you act fast, you can snag yourself what they're calling the "Lucky Pierre Music Package", which features 6CDs for $55, one of which you can only get if you order the package (a PRICK LIVE CD!)! Hurry up and snag those CDs!

http://www.luckypierremusic.com

Be sure to tell everyone you know!

-Rob
    The luckyPRICK team
    This is where that Boston live disc originated from

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    If anyone has the Boston Live CD and wants to FLAC that bish up to share, I would certainly appreciate it. Regardless, thank you for sharing the mp3 folder. I had no idea the Boston thing existed, much less anything after 2002's The Wreckard.
    One day if I'll dig it out of my storage unit and rip the FLAC

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ripped to wav from my original CD and uploaded: https://file.io/X3DVIGF4hxfG , don't really have time to mess with converting to FLAC but I'm sure someone else can

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by v1ll41n View Post
    ripped to wav from my original CD and uploaded: https://file.io/X3DVIGF4hxfG , don't really have time to mess with converting to FLAC but I'm sure someone else can
    It's been deleted

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    It's been deleted
    crap, i'll post to my google drive briefly, let me know once you've been able to grab it

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...H0?usp=sharing

uploading now, will probably take about 5-10 min until all there

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by v1ll41n View Post
    let me know once you've been able to grab it
    Snatched! Thank you so much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Snatched! Thank you so much.
    no prob, enjoy!
    @FULLMETAL , @RJK , @Doomification171 - any of you or anyone else want this before i take it down?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Ah, yes! This is it! Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximilian View Post
    He comes and goes at the strangest times. I wouldn't give up hope just yet.

...and its back again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ah, yes! This is it! Thanks!
    for sure!
    @ninhead , @ziltoid , @diptych , @nbrokenfragility, @Discobunny , tag in case any of you need this before i take it down tomorrow

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks, I have the CD. It's a great show.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have the 6-CD set. I'm thinking about uploading all albums onto YouTube if that's cool. Maybe even uploading a folder of the albums here. Alongside a rare live bootleg I found online about a decade ago

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imgonnawreckit View Post
    I have the 6-CD set. I'm thinking about uploading all albums onto YouTube if that's cool. Maybe even uploading a folder of the albums here. Alongside a rare live bootleg I found online about a decade ago
    I have some Lucky Pierre rare vinyls I need to digitize, but all my stuff is in storage. Hopefully soon I can dig em up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm not this forum a lot so I completely missed the tag! Thank you though.. I did find a FLAC copy of Boston Live on another HDD I had lying around though, so I didn't miss out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This might be a bit fringe but has anyone saved the Luckyprick interview with Brian Dempsey? I remember it being amusingly tense when it came to his recent relationship with Kevin but when I went back it seems to be the only interview not captured by Wayback Machine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Does anyone know if Make Believe has ever been performed live? More importantly, if it has, does anyone know where I might find such a treasure?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    https://butterfield81.bandcamp.com/album/banana-vinyl

So... uhh... Jim Butterfield, who has worked with Kevin McMahon is selling some of the old records released by the label Banana Records, some of them that are very hard to find. I picked up Lucky Pierre's Communique (7 copies remaining!).

He's selling a lot of his records (and cassettes) which were produced by Kevin McMahon.

But the real gems are "Lucky Pierre" records, Communique (with Trent Reznor on two tracks!) and Birdman / Muchacha Latina Today. Both are very hard to find.

Very few remaining, so if you were looking for Communique like me, this is the best place to buy without spending $100+ on it.
    Last edited by shagg_187; 10-20-2023 at 07:10 PM.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Thanks for the heads-up! Always wanted to score a copy of the Communique EP.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Ditto, thanks for the tip - no way I would have stumbled upon this randomly!

The Prick incarnations of these tracks will always be nearest to my heart, but it's fascinating to hear the predecessors. The noisy new wave/alt rock bones underscore why my immediate reaction to Prick - after buying the CD totally unheard based on the TR connection - wasn't particularly favorable way back in 1995. Fortunately, my very limited teenage budget forced me to spend more time with it, and it wasn't long before I was a huge fan.

While my memory of their set isn't particularly sharp, I'm also incredibly glad I caught the live incarnation on the Outside/Dissonance tour. It's been a while since I tried plumbing the depths of YouTube for cruddy video of that; maybe I'll make that my afternoon project!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Arrived today in terrific shape! Can’t wait to give it a spin…err…or rather rip the YouTube audio and listen to it with a new sense of ownership.

Yes, I’m one of those idiots who buys vinyl without possessing a turntable. In my defense, I (almost) only do so when there’s no other physical format available…

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Once again reviving this thread to share this bootleg someone uploaded to Youtube:
    Might be interesting to some of you too! I had been looking for this specific concert for a while now. The uploader also has a mediafire link in their description if you want the files.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Fuck yeah, thank you!