Page 10 of 47 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: "Everything" debuts on BBC1/TR-Zane Lowe Interview (8.19.13)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruiner View Post
    Hey guys, remember this:
    dear lord god almighty

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Like the change of direction. Not feeling the song.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    part of me thinks this is a joke song and in a few hours TR will release the real version of Everything and it will be a 7 minute piano laden epic....

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    This song resonates with me right now.

I couldn't help but think this is TR reflecting on all he has been through and the very real threats he navigated around (death) or (being stuck in a dark depressed intoxicated state). As for me, I recently married, wife might be pregnant (find out in a few days), just purchased a sweet new SUV and I'm making a good income at a stable job. I'm not who I was 2+ years ago... especially 8 years ago.

I was at work and listened to the interview and caught 'Everything'.

It's awesome. Feel good. Not what I expected vocally but enjoy it, kudos for deciding to release this track and being able to tell judgement to fuck off and do what feels right, I like the (Halls and Oats/Genesis) drum machine opening... i didn't even realize that my thumb and foot was tapping along until the end... I like the rhythm guitar slides and bends...

On the other
    hand I'm bad at interpreting songs... "I am free, I can see, I am whole, I am home etc..." maybe he just shot up and the chems are hitting his head and he is falling into a euphoric state... which we know is not the case.
    Last edited by snaapz; 08-19-2013 at 05:08 PM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruiner View Post
    Hey guys, remember this:
    Still too heavy in comparison to Everything. Maybe go this route:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am glad i ordered HM off of nin.com. Not trying to rub it that I now have Everything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    just listened to a higher quality version and wow it does make a difference

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, that was probably the bravest thing he could have done musically... and it works! Awesome track!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    part of me thinks this is a joke song and in a few hours TR will release the real version of Everything and it will be a 7 minute piano laden epic....
    Just stop.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Question: how well do you guys think this is going to do on radio? In my head, it will go really well. Columbia guys be like

http://www.clumsycrooks.com/media/fi...oney_honey.jpg

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I think TR was going for the poppiest / happiest possible verse ever created, to juxtapose the darker chorus, and to that end he clearly succeeded :-)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    So after Everything I went back to COA and CBH back to back - totally sounded even better than the last something-thousand repeats. Like being high, gnome sayin'. HM as a whole is going to be an amazing experience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    if someone could PM a nin.com version that would be awesome *thanks guys! that was super fast you are all awesome.

song is so different, it made me uncomfortable at first, but in a very good way. Did not expect that. Don't know where I place it yet, I have nothing to compare it to. I just know that I like it. From what I hear of the lyrics it doesn't sound completely optimistic. Its almost like that moment when everything feels good, but there is an underlying fear that everything will fall apart again and most likely will. But perhaps i'm projecting.

Can't wait to hear this album!
    Last edited by Bluepiggy; 08-19-2013 at 05:14 PM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    This is terrible. He keeps using that awful drum beat from echo plex on practically everything now. This song is just a bad attempt at some new wave cure/new order shit.

Wtf is wrong with this guy

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I'm looking for the whole interview. Did someone record it?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I'm going to sleep, if you got Everything in lossless or HQ MP3 from me or anyone else - spread it. thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    anyone have a link to the interview from earlier?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    PM request.. Thanks in advance... I kinda like it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray1971 View Post
    I am glad i ordered HM off of nin.com. Not trying to rub it that I now have Everything.
    What do you get the man that has Everything?

I'm not ecstatic about the song at the moment, but major props for being totally different. Never thought I'd hear this from him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Just heard the song. Dude, wtf

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Not sure whether "Everything" is a great Pearl Jam song or an underachieving NIN song. I have no problems with the upbeat lyrics, but the song as a whole is way too rudimentary. Simple structure, 3-minute runtime, mainstream lyrical content - it's almost as if Reznor went out of his way to pander to Foo Fighters fans (or the 12 deranged NIN fans roaming the earth who actually believe that With Teeth is better than The Fragile)

Also, this new song may top The Hand That Feeds as the most assessable NIN track to date. I can see this playing over an ESPN highlight montage, a cheesy trailer for a rom-com, or in a Pepsi commercial one day.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Ha. Did they just censor "feel you" in Closer. WTF man, WTF...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NINisamazing View Post
    Just heard the song. Dude, wtf
    I feel the same. (Wow That's Fantastic!!)
    Last edited by NIN64; 08-19-2013 at 05:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Fuck yea. UK tour, damn straight. Just a matter of when. 5 dates Reznor and you've already sold 15 tickets here for me, my wife and friend!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Even with the great production, I am not feeling the track. I always go into each new NIN phase with a completely open mind, and I always hope that TR will keep exploring musically and sonically, but to me this sounds more like a TR song and not a NIN track. I felt the same for "Zoo Station", which I love the original and Trent's version, I just don't see how it fits with the rest of the discography as NIN. I love everything else I've heard so far from HM and will wait to hear it in context of the album before I spin it anymore. Worse case scenario this will be the track that I skip over - was hoping for there not to be one. Only 1 man's opinion that doesn't matter so long as Trent is happy with it, which obviously he is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Had this idea. Some one call Trent.
    -Trent, could you change the lyrics of the first verse to make the song start with the line "Pussy Griiiiiiiiiiiinds Everything"?

- Yeah, that's great. Keep the melody, but could you rework all the lyrics to follow this direction?

Can some one call Sheryl Crow?

- Sheryl, babe. Trent finally wrote the "PussyGrinder" song. Yeah, it's fucking epic. How about that feat. spot, sweetheart? Still up to it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i really like it. sounds like he worked with prog rockers (he did) on this. maybe i like it so much because i've always been into upbeat prog pop. sadly i don't see how it's a nin song.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    This is awful. If you heard this song on the radio and it was by any other band, it wouldn't even register.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    This song is so bad... I can't even fathom it right now. If this was put out by any other artist this place wouldn't even give it a second listen.

If the rest of the album is this bad I'm afraid NIN is heading into Metallica territory

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Presideo View Post
    Not sure whether "Everything" is a great Pearl Jam song or an underachieving NIN song. I have no problems with the upbeat lyrics, but the song as a whole is way too rudimentary. Simple structure, 3-minute runtime, mainstream lyrical content - it's almost as if Reznor went out of his way to pander to Foo Fighters fans (or the 12 deranged NIN fans roaming the earth who actually believe that With Teeth is better than The Fragile)

Also, this new song may top The Hand That Feeds as the most assessable NIN track to date. I can see this playing over an ESPN highlight montage, a cheesy trailer for a rom-com, or in a Pepsi commercial one day.
    The Fragile is the best thing I've heard in my whole life. Still, I love the song. I don't see how accessibility relates to underachievement.