Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Community

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Re-watching the series... and laughing quite a bit.

Leonard is still great...
    and who can forget Garrett (CRISIS ALERT!)...
    heh, we just watched that episode last night.

It's weird that during this re-watch there are whole episodes that I don't remember. Not even a smidgen of the episode. I know it's been a long time since I've seen them but I guess I missed a few during the OG run.

I had to stop reading the thread because we just started season three and suddenly posts are showing up with spoilers.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    heh, we just watched that episode last night.

It's weird that during this re-watch there are whole episodes that I don't remember. Not even a smidgen of the episode. I know it's been a long time since I've seen them but I guess I missed a few during the OG run.

I had to stop reading the thread because we just started season three and suddenly posts are showing up with spoilers.
    Ha, we're in the same spot! I think Season 3 is the only one I ever caught part of while it was originally on, because I distinctly remember some of these episodes.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Finished S3 finally. There were some good ones but the whole Chang thing I remember not liking back when it aired. The whole City College Dean thing rubs me the wrong way and I can't put my finger on it. It just seems too weird for the show, I guess.

The gaslighting episode was funny but it's also not really welcome right now in our actual reality of constant gaslighting.

The 8-bit episode was great.

Other people had to have noticed the reliance on old Chevy Chase SNL bits, right?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I'm ordering two of these, one for me and one for my son. I think he'd get a kick out of it.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Other people had to have noticed the reliance on old Chevy Chase SNL bits, right?
    Alas, I was never much of an SNL person, so I'm not familiar with his material from the show. (I know he was on it, I've just never seen the old sketches.)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    The best part of Chevy on the show was giving Joel a chance to study him up close and then use it in that National Lampoon bio-comedy "A Futile and Stupid Gesture".

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    The cast minus Chase are returning for a live table read

https://collider.com/community-reuni...donald-glover/

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

S5 E4 table read thru...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

S5 E4 table read thru...
    That was great! It looked like everyone was having a good time doing it, too.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggermine View Post
    That was great! It looked like everyone was having a good time doing it, too.
    The Q&A afterwards is quite funny as well... (same channel).

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    "Mark Zuckerberg is Fidel Castro in flip-flops."

jesus christ i love this show.
    watching the episode six years later: "he's not wrong."

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I also learned from watching that that I've been pronouncing Gillian's name wrong for years. I always thought it was a soft G sound, not a hard G sound. When Dan introduced her, I initially thought he was just joking around, but then I looked up interviews with her and had my mind blown.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    The Q&A afterwards is quite funny as well... (same channel).
    The Q&A was just as fun as the table read! There were too many great moments to count but a standout for a season 6 defender like myself was definitely when Dan & Co. gave Keith David and Paget Brewster a shout-out. They were GREAT, great additions, and I cherish those performances/characters. <3

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Turns out my son skipped three episodes of the sixth season. See if I let him use the remote again...

anyway, we watched Grifting 101, Basic RV Repair and Palmistry, and Modern Espionage.

Modern Espionage was the one that had me laughing the hardest because it was just so well done. I was cackling at the Civil War elevator scene and they both thought I was crazy. It made me wonder if Community is a moving meme? It is constantly making hard references to things that unless you know what they are will just wash over you. I know that other shows/movies do this but it seems to be baked into the DNA of the show that there are jokes inside of jokes if you can see all of the references.

Also got the Darkest Timeline face mask. It looks alright, comes with three replacement filters. My son's birthday is today so he'll be getting it tonight. His actual party is Saturday so he'll get the rest then.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I just watched that, getting really excited, thinking that might have been real.

And now I'm sad that it's not....

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    yeah when they showed Pierce I was like...wait a minute. actually got a little sad when I Google'd and only found that people still want it to happen but no one's making it happen.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Appears to be happening... going to Peacock.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    It's about damn time. Here's hoping it'll be worth the wait and they can at least get Donald Glover and Yvette Nicole Brown back for cameos. (Pretty sure Chevy Chase isn't coming back under any circumstances.)
    Last edited by BRoswell; 09-30-2022 at 12:18 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Pop pop

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I get that Donald glover is one of the greatest talents of our generation, but is he really too hot shit to do this? Come on!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    I get that Donald glover is one of the greatest talents of our generation, but is he really too hot shit to do this? Come on!
    I mean, he IS a pretty busy guy these days. Joel McHale tagged him in his tweet about the movie though, so I imagine he's on board in some capacity.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    I mean, he IS a pretty busy guy these days. Joel McHale tagged him in his tweet about the movie though, so I imagine he's on board in some capacity.
    Is he? I know Atlanta just finished up but I never hear about him any more. Guess I'll look it up

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I think Dan Harmon has repeatedly said it wouldn’t happen without Donald Glover, so I’d assume he’s on board in some capacity. Doing the table read was a good indicator too

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I think if anyone else was going to be in it, they would have announced it at the same time.

And if they were still in contract negotiations, they would have delayed the announcement.

The only reasons I could think of to not mention Troy or Shirley in the announcement, are that either they're not in the movie, or they're only in it as a brief appearance.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

I was silly and bought some tiger ice cream... and then noticed that it was "El Tigre" and then decided to send pics to the Twitterbeast.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    stealing this comment from wherever I saw it yesterday: have Levar and Troy show up with 3' beards.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)