Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Community

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Re: Community

Word on the street is that NBC will announce that Community will be renewed for Season 5.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    aaaand it's 5!.
    (no word yet on how many episodes or if this is definetly the final season, I imagine it will be)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    that was a fantastic season finale. i was originally hoping they'd elaborate on the S.P.I.D.E.R. (given that we saw the blueprints at the end of the previous episode) but i forgot all about that because this was basically my dream episode. everything about it was amazing.

troy-jan horse...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    troy-jan horse...
    Ew, sounds like it'd be made of horse.

I've seen a lot of hate from people about the season finale, i assume they're just the people who's subconscious minds couldn't even grasp the concept of giving a non-Dan Harmon season a chance. I loved the penultimate "origins" episode but was a little dissapointed with how casually the Change/Kevin bit ended (at least there's still a setup for season 5 with City Collage). The finale was awesome. It gave us fans a buncha cool stuff we'd been wanting to see for a while, even if we knew it wasn't real. That said, it was so fucking rushed in places and man was the paintball poorly choreographed/directed. Drunk shirley was laughable, did the director even tell Yvette Nichole Brown that isn't how drunk people look/sound, and why the fuck didnt evil/even hotter Annie bother to shoot at her other self? It was filmed so bad as well, maybe the editing made it worse? I dunno... But when Abed said they finally found a way to make paintball cool again, all I could think is that it was their most pathetic attempt. Maybe the money/time just wasn't there to do it right.

Still, it was one hell of a nerdgasm epiosde. I was smiling though 95% of it, even laughing and actually clapping at times. It wasn't until the ending that I realised I was watching episode 13, the finale, which suddenly made me think "holy shit, this could be it...", which I wasn't thinking the first 19 minutes of the show. Jeff's graduation was suddenly a hundred times more emotional. I get way to connected to TV series, something about them ending just depresses me. I've worked on films and stuff, that moment when the final frame is shot it's like this little family of real close friends is just no more. I guess it's like a company going bankrupt, but imagine you all reall fucking love the job you do, and spend 12-16 hours a day 6 days a week together working to create something awesome, when it ends it sucks. I can't help but think of that whenever a show ends...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [Shep] View Post
    aaaand it's 5!.
    (no word yet on how many episodes or if this is definetly the final season, I imagine it will be)
    14, I think.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    So happy it'll be back. Awesome to see Parks and Rec will return too. Love that show... it's like the US Office but actually funny.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Cool finale, good season overall minus the "Where's Chevy Chase?" jokes and the out of sync holiday episodes. The origins episode could be the best episode in the series and the puppets were cool too. The only things I didn't like were the "freaky friday" episode and the chang plot line that went nowhere.

Glad it's gonna make it to a 5th season... One more and movie...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    the season definitely ended better than it started. The last few episodes felt like they were back up to the high standards of season 2 and 3. Something just felt, off, at the start. I don't really care about them getting rid of Harmon etc, the writers were pretty much the same anyway, it was just like they didn't know what to do with the characters. I was happy I stuck with it though as it definitely got better.
    I give the season a B-

Also, why the shorter seasons? I've noticed a few american shows seem to be dropping to 13/14 episodes rather than 22. Just a question mind, I'm British, I'm used to comedy shows having 6 episodes then never coming back..

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    It's slightly annoying that the show has been "set to end forever" about 3 times now. I think if that carries on it's going to damage the show, and it was sort of responsible for all of this season's flaws. The origins episode was my favourite by far and would have rounded off the show nicely.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by liquidcalm View Post
    the season definitely ended better than it started. The last few episodes felt like they were back up to the high standards of season 2 and 3. Something just felt, off, at the start. I don't really care about them getting rid of Harmon etc, the writers were pretty much the same anyway, it was just like they didn't know what to do with the characters. I was happy I stuck with it though as it definitely got better.
    I give the season a B-

Also, why the shorter seasons? I've noticed a few american shows seem to be dropping to 13/14 episodes rather than 22. Just a question mind, I'm British, I'm used to comedy shows having 6 episodes then never coming back..
    They usually drop shows to 13-14 either because they're cutting the cost, or they're unsure. And, at anytime, the network can order more episodes, or vice versa...

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Dan Harmon is coming back to Community!

http://www.deadline.com/2013/06/told...-to-community/

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I wonder if he'll be able to recapture the magic after that fourth season, and without Chevy Chase to use as a punching bag.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    One guy returns, another guy leaves:

http://tvline.com/2013/07/08/communi...lover-leaving/

It's still just a rumor (Vulture cited "inside sources"), but if it's true, that's a big blow to the show.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    One guy returns, another guy leaves:

http://tvline.com/2013/07/08/communi...lover-leaving/

It's still just a rumor (Vulture cited "inside sources"), but if it's true, that's a big blow to the show.

Ugh. If that's true it's going to hurt the chemistry and stories in a big bad way. There's a small part of me that kind of wishes this would have ended at season 3 and just been a cult show. At the same time new Community is new Community and I really shouldn't be complaining.... We've made it this far(6 seasons and a movie!)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Yo Yo Yo, Pop POP!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Looks great! Might be a little over the top but that's probably just the trailer. I can't friggin wait.

Six seasons and a movie...

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    "Season 9 of Scrubs, Zach Braff was only in the first six episodes."

"That son of a bitch. After everything Scrubs did for him?"

The amount of self-awareness in that joke destroyed me.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    oh man, that looks fantastic. and it's premiering on my birthday. thank goodness.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I'll be honest I had really low expectations for this new season, with Donald Glover jumping ship and the show essentially wrapping itself up TWICE now, but jesus, that trailer was awesome. Consider my interests re-peaked. That Scrubs joke really is incredible.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    2 new episodes tonight!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    First two episodes were cool with only a few things failing to impress. Shit's pretty dark still, I mean the premise for everyone staying together is because all their lives are worse now than they were 4 years ago. Something did feel... off?... but i think it'll come back around to the Community we know and love.

Oh, and "That's like me blaming owls for how much I suck at analogies" is the new "[a metaphor] is like a thought wearing another thought's hat"

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I think the Repilot was a success. It certainly had a pretty dark premise behind it - everyone fucked up after Greendale so why not try again? Makes me wonder how Troy escapes it.

And that Pierce cameo, my God - I can't imagine how much Sony paid him to do that. He probably avoided Harmon like the plague while filming that bit.

I also like the idea of Buzz Hickey "replacing" Pierce to an extent, especially since it's Jonathan Banks. If these two episodes are anything to go by, then I think it's safe to say Community is back for real.

As long as they don't do another god damn pseudo-series finale.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

With NBC actually using six seasons and a movie in the ads they have to bring it back for one more season right? And maybe a three part episode that could be considered a "movie" but able to be split into separate parts for syndication (similar to the Family Guy movie.) Of course this is NBC and they are idiots.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    It would be pretty incredible if they actually ended up gunning for six seasons and a movie, but I doubt NBC will hold themselves to that if the ratings aren't what they want. I just hope they've at least lowered their requirements a bit on that front after seeing the rabid nature of this fanbase.

Or they could just keep fucking with us for laughs. Whichever.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

I think the fact that they are only doing 13 episode seasons and not 26 episodes might help them get the Sixth season.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Well this show just came roaring back to life. Holy shit.

edit: Just watched e02. I think I blew a funny fuse on that Nicolas Cage shit. I kept hoping they'd bring up Wild at Heart.
    Last edited by Magtig; 01-09-2014 at 09:03 PM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I laughed my ass off on this scene alone.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    the Sixth season.
    and the movie!

Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    I laughed my ass off on this scene alone.

THIS MEANS "TRACE THE CALL"!!!!

"look up the extension"

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Its crazy how much back this show is. I didnt much care for last nights episode but it was so much more community than the last season. Paricularly with annie not being a ditz any more.

Thd nicholas cage thing was one of the best things ever on this show.