Page 143 of 263 FirstFirst ... 43 93 133 141 142 143 144 145 153 193 243 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,290 of 7888

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Damn that riff is sick, NOW I'm getting excited!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Seriously sick riff.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    UHHHHHH

https://twitter.com/Tool/status/1123596587450683392

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Riot gear retired? What's next...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post

Riot gear retired? What's next...
    Apparently (from reading on Reddit) the riot gear was directed at the fans for giving him shit about music not being worked on...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Ahh ok, I thought it was that he was finished with wearing it during their shows as he has for the past few years.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Ahh ok, I thought it was that he was finished with wearing it during their shows as he has for the past few years.
    Maybe that too? I liked the riot gear, though! I'm glad I saw him wear it at Northern Invasion last year, but I'd imagine it's hot and uncomfortable to play it even though it looks cool as hell. Either way, my excitement is DEFINITELY ramping up now!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    We should have something by the weekend I would think, have they ever played new music without it actually being released before? Like a full song?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Re: the riot gear. I remember he said it’ll come off once the other guys were all done with the new music. I don’t recall what show it was specifically, but do believe it was said last year. Wanna say during Northern Invasion but not positive.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Just realized...is there a reference I'm not getting in all of Adam's hashtags?

~ *Getting ready for Sunday �������� #TOOL#TOOLlive#Nomad #Bitesize#lovethenonhaters #WelcomeToRockvilleFestival#Rockville #RockvilleFestival2019#RockvilleFestival #Jacksonville#Florida#America #MakingDreamsComeTrue #TheFastingIsOver#BG

Nomad?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    We should have something by the weekend I would think, have they ever played new music without it actually being released before? Like a full song?
    At least Jambi and The Pot were played live (at Coachella 06) before they were officially released (although the album had leaked by that point). They also live debuted Vicarious at that show, although I'm too lazy to look up if Vicarious had been officially released as a single by that show.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    You're missing one that was in the original post and edited out (apparently). It was 7/4. Reddit is debating if that was a time signature or a July 4th reference.
    Edit: Then when he deleted 7/4, he put in #21, which was also later deleted. https://www.reddit.com/r/ToolBand/co...nd_it/em7bkna/

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Haha the rabbit hole goes deep.... 7/4 which is obv. July 4th, and he's playing it on a U.S. flag guitar.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

~ *Getting ready for Sunday �������� #TOOL#TOOLlive#Nomad #Bitesize#lovethenonhaters #WelcomeToRockvilleFestival#Rockville #RockvilleFestival2019#RockvilleFestival #Jacksonville#Florida#America #MakingDreamsComeTrue #TheFastingIsOver#BG

Nomad?
    Nomad is the type of guitar he's playing. I already had the same train of thought, thinking it could be the song title.

Haha the rabbit hole goes deep.... 7/4 which is obv. July 4th, and he's playing it on a U.S. flag guitar.
    Here's the guitar he's playing. I'm thinking this might be the beefier sister song to Descending and it'll have lyrics, while Descending is the more atmospheric mood-setting track. Like maybe Descending is to this song as Parabol is to Parabola.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    But it's also the time sig of this riff. I counted, I swear.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Ack...Apologies for the Twitter repost. No option to delete posts however.
    Last edited by pulse; 05-01-2019 at 02:15 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Fucking finally!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I'm boning up over here.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    The redditors are speculating a single this Friday before the first show

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    The redditors are speculating a single this Friday before the first show
    It does seem like the perfect time to release one. Otherwise everyone and their grandma will be hearing the first new Tool material in 13 years via shitty YouTube clips recorded on cell phones in the middle of a crowd of drunken festival-goers, which (I'm sure the band would agree) is less than the ideal way to experience it.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I think this is legit this time. New single Friday, tour, album. I am cool with that.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Otherwise everyone and their grandma will be hearing the first new Tool material in 13 years via shitty YouTube clips recorded on cell phones in the middle of a crowd of drunken festival-goers, which (I'm sure the band would agree) is less than the ideal way to experience it.
    Well in everyone's grandmas' defense, 2019 cell phone youtube clips do often sound and look pretty fucking good, unlike 2006 ones.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    It does seem like the perfect time to release one. Otherwise everyone and their grandma will be hearing the first new Tool material in 13 years via shitty YouTube clips recorded on cell phones in the middle of a crowd of drunken festival-goers, which (I'm sure the band would agree) is less than the ideal way to experience it.
    Didn't we already hear the first new Tool material in X years via shitty YouTube clips recorded on cell phones in the middle of a crowd of drunken festival-goers the first time we heard Descending?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Well in everyone's grandmas' defense, 2019 cell phone youtube clips do often sound and look pretty fucking good, unlike 2006 ones.
    That is true (touché), but sometimes the people standing next to the recorder going "WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!1! I LOVE YOU MAYNARD!!!!! PLAY SOBER!!!!" are what ruins the experience.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    That is true (touché), but sometimes the people standing next to the recorder going "WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!1! I LOVE YOU MAYNARD!!!!! PLAY SOBER!!!!" are what ruins the experience.
    I'll drunkenly cat call that man any chance I can get and if you're nearby, too damn bad.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Finding it really hard to not get hyped. NOTHING may happen tomorrow but...my inner 14-year-old is all giddy. Today feels like the first 15 minutes of this last episode of GOT lol.

anticipation heightens...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Nothing wrong with getting excited, we haven't heard new Tool in 13 years.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    For those of you that are getting excited, you should be. Tool now have profiles for the first time on Spotify and Apple Music. Prior to last night they were not on there at all. Now they have profile pages with bios. No music yet though.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/tool/140870416

I could've sworn they have been on Apple Music for a while, being that Sweat has been available. I don't know what's up with that other song that was recently added. Willing to bet that's not the same Tool on that one.