Page 193 of 264 FirstFirst ... 93 143 183 191 192 193 194 195 203 243 ... LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,790 of 7892

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Not really... music is hard enough to sell at this point, let the people with enough power to lock it down force you to wait a sec... if the band wants you to wait just wait...

I’ve really come to hate the way I used to feel about this really... I used to see it as a fight against the RIAA and “fuck them” etc etc... that fight is over and everyone lost; the fans and the industry. Now music is “free” and treated like trash, fans are entitled, Billie Elish is apparently edgy or some shit... let them do their thing, wait if you care, otherwise walk on

Personally, I liked being excited about new music that I wanted to hear, and anticipation was part of the “game.”
    i don't post often but read alot of what is said on this site and i agree with what you are saying here. In this age of insta-gratifcation here is a band thats doing things differently. if people can't be bothered to wait for when the band wants you to hear something, go listen to someone/something else that fits what you need. the choices are endless.

as for Maynard and people hating his trolling ways, well i'll just leave it at you let him troll you. i listen to Tool. APC and Pusifer for the music, not because Maynard trolls his fanbase. i long separated the music from the people who make it and clearly some people here have not, their losss.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Does anyone know what the set will actually look like yet?
    On the Toolband Website's Newsletter for Fear Inoculum, info all the way at the bottom it says:
    "More details, including an unboxing video, will be shared shortly."
    My guess is maybe a day before or day of release, is when we will be able to see the unboxing vid like they did for APC's Eat the Elephant.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    i didn’t facepalm the post because i don’t believe artists should be paid. give me a fucking break. you know damn well that maynard is laughing all the way to the bank with everyone buying up this gimmicky thing. that’s all.
    There are four people in the band who get paid off of sales, and Maynard almost assuredly had NOTHING to do with the design of the packaging. What makes you think he's "laughing all the way to the bank"? Guarantee you he's seeing a few dollars at most from each sale (compared to the whopping 50 cents or so you'd normally see from a CD sale). Couple that with being a limited pressing, and I bet we're talking a few thousand dollars or so.

I work in the entertainment industry. I know what margins look like, and I know what people who are involved in production get paid. It's a fucking expensive business. So don't try to pretend you know that someone's getting laughably rich off of something just because it has a high sounding price tag. Give me a fucking break.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I work in the entertainment industry.
    yeah, you mention that in almost every post. we get it.

margins, royalties, whatever — he’s gotten enough and doesn’t need random people online sticking up for his self indulgent greed.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

margins, royalties, whatever — he’s gotten enough and doesn’t need random people online sticking up for his self indulgent greed.
    What part of "being paid for hard work and unique talent" constitutes greed?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Self indulgent greed? Have you ever sold anything in your life? You ever worked for a company or corporation? You talk like this guy is a rich prick who is a waste to society. Have you worked community service (without a judicial sentence), donated to charities, philanthropy, invested in small business and your local economy? Yeah, Maynard James Keenan likes making money. Shocking. I would hardly describe his career and business ventures as self indulgent greed.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

do Adam/Danny/Justin not get paid off of CD sales and streaming?
    Last edited by TheRealNs1; 08-19-2019 at 06:21 PM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I’m loathing the days of when my favorite musicians/bands start charging $100 for a concert ticket at an arena.

Oh, wait. Never mind!
    Last edited by Krazy; 08-19-2019 at 06:35 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    I’m loathing the days of when my favorite musicians/bands start charging $100 for a concert ticket at an arena.

Oh, wait. Never mind!
    Yeah and you'll pay it. Their tours are expensive multimedia events that require a large crew who also have careers. Sure, I would love to see intimate shows in a small venue. But their setup and crew doesn't come cheap. And yeah, they all make money. I paid $140 to see a show on Roger's The Wall tour a few years back. Didn't think twice about it. Some tours are expensive. Those are my splurges. My release. But I also don't pay for $1-2k a year on sports packages. I go to festivals and concerts.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I don't pay that much for tickets. I can't, my show budget just isn't that extravagant. Picking cheaper seats/standing room lets me set aside a little for a single shirt, which is about what i can afford. If every one of my favorite musicians started charging 100 as an introductory price, i'd never get out to see anybody. $70ish for Tool and NIN is bad enough.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pulse View Post
    Yeah and you'll pay it. Their tours are expensive multimedia events that require a large crew who also have careers. Sure, I would love to see intimate shows in a small venue. But their setup and crew doesn't come cheap. And yeah, they all make money. I paid $140 to see a show on Roger's The Wall tour a few years back. Didn't think twice about it. Some tours are expensive. Those are my splurges. My release. But I also don't pay for $1-2k a year on sports packages. I go to festivals and concerts.
    If was a joke- damn straight I’ll pay for it. Was a reference to the Tension tour when pricing was announced and there’s was a whole thread dedicated to it here. Prices jumped dramatically for concerts around that time and that’s where the bands make more money now along with rediculous pricing of merchandise at said shows.

Music is a business- always has and always will be, and will evolve just like everything else. Just find it odd that people have thrown Maynard’s name as the greedy person in this while it’s probably mostly managemt decisions/Adam Jones.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Is the argument that tool is greedy because they're offering a series of pricey physical packages?

That just seems ridiculous. First of all there's a market for it, and you've decided to pick this battle in perhaps the thickest part of that market I can think of.

Second you can literally listen to this thing any time, for free as long as you have the internet

I'm not here to defend Maynard, notorious piece of shit, but get real!

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    For the record I’m not throwing Adam under the proverbial bus, just was trying to make a point. People (here and all over the Internet) seem to want to have the musicians make a shit ton of money like back in the day, yet don’t want to spend it... unless it suits their needs 110%. It’s getting a bit tiring.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Second you can literally listen to this thing any time, for free as long as you have the internet
    That’s what I’ve been thinking the entire time whenever I read a post saying that it’s too expensive. Uh, so what? You’ll hear it either way.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Another good interview...Maynard did record at home.

https://tonedeaf.thebrag.com/tool-fe...lum-interview/

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post

That’s definitely a good interview. I really have no qualms with Maynard doing vocals at home. I kinda wavered at it at first but it puts him in a comfort zone but a place that’s clearly inspired him. I’ll take that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Can we just get one ripper like this on the record, or at least a section of one of the 69,420 minute long songs to kick ass like this?

Doesn't feel like the same band almost at all anymore.
    Interesting bit of info from the new interview:

While Danny Carey points to some of the band’s earlier output as having been written as a collective in one afternoon – songs such as ‘Sober’ and ‘Crawl Away’ from their 1993 debut full-length Undertow – he estimates that Tool’s songwriting process changed while penning their second album, 1996’s Ćnima.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I'm not here to defend Maynard, notorious piece of shit, but get real!
    Seems a bit harsh...

Every bad thing I've "heard" about him as been an opinion or 3rd hand. So what if the guy doesn't agree with having a phone in front of your face at a show...it's THEIR show...you are a guest.

He trolls SOME of his fans because SOME of his fans are insistent, entitled douche bags lol. His attitude and cynicism is such a blatant and obvious defense mechanism. I dont see the guy who wrote the song "Agostina" being a "piece of shit". The guy obviously has a heart..

Even on the recent Joe Rogan podcast he mentioned it being important for Tool fans to hear the new first because "they have been very patient with us". Doesnt seem like a POS at all. Just another rockstar that receives death threats from douche fans, writes about some very personal stuff and has been questioned about it consistently since the band started and is just trying to live a good life like the rest of us.

:shrug:

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Agreed...good interview. Getting more anxious to hear the album, in fact I just preordered the digital. I'll wait to see what the package is all about before I shell for the physical. The only cd player I have is in my car and with Apple Music and Carplay I have zero use for it.

It would be nice to know if the vinyl will also have the fancy limited package whenever it arrives.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quick question. Does anyone have the demos with Paul?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Agreed...good interview. Getting more anxious to hear the album, in fact I just preordered the digital. I'll wait to see what the package is all about before I shell for the physical. The only cd player I have is in my car and with Apple Music and Carplay I have zero use for it.

It would be nice to know if the vinyl will also have the fancy limited package whenever it arrives.
    You do get the digital version with it too if that matters...plus it's the complete album moreso than just the CD.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    Quick question. Does anyone have the demos with Paul?

Pm sent

If anyone else wants them just pm me.
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 08-20-2019 at 09:45 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Fear Inoculum from 0:54 to 1:14 reminds me of music from Age of Empires II, lol. I love it.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Seems a bit harsh...

Every bad thing I've "heard" about him as been an opinion or 3rd hand. So what if the guy doesn't agree with having a phone in front of your face at a show...it's THEIR show...you are a guest.

He trolls SOME of his fans because SOME of his fans are insistent, entitled douche bags lol. His attitude and cynicism is such a blatant and obvious defense mechanism. I dont see the guy who wrote the song "Agostina" being a "piece of shit". The guy obviously has a heart..

Even on the recent Joe Rogan podcast he mentioned it being important for Tool fans to hear the new first because "they have been very patient with us". Doesnt seem like a POS at all. Just another rockstar that receives death threats from douche fans, writes about some very personal stuff and has been questioned about it consistently since the band started and is just trying to live a good life like the rest of us.

:shrug:
    As we all know, abusive people are easily identifiable by their plumage. And all talented artists are exempt from their toxic behaviour

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    As we all know, abusive people are easily identifiable by their plumage. And all talented artists are exempt from their toxic behaviour
    Point out on the doll where Maynard James Keenan touched you.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I wasn't saying that talented people are exempt. Just pointing out that I havent actually seen, heard anything other than "word of mouth" that he is a piece of shit. Sorry that I am not the type to throw a "witch" into the fire at first glance.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    You do get the digital version with it too if that matters...plus it's the complete album moreso than just the CD.
    That's a good point but for me I'd just rather wait. If it were NIN I'd just preorder the extra special whateverthefuck physical edition but for just about everyone else I'll wait to see if the package is worth it. If the album blows me away and I want the physical I'll gladly double-dip.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    It's pretty typical of the Fibonacci is God crowd to defend abuse rs actually

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Blatantly stealing content from reddit, but... Can't wait to read Fear Inoculum review

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    This thread has become a den of trolls & naysayers who think their shitty opinions and negative remarks need to be reiterated on a daily basis. I find it funny that so many people who claim to hate the band and/or Maynard find it so important to take the time out of their day to drop in here and remind us all how they feel. If you aren't a fan of Maynard/Tool, that's fine, but what the fuck are you doing in this thread to begin with? Just can't resist raining on the parade and shitting all over everything, I guess...