Page 132 of 263 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 130 131 132 133 134 142 182 232 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,960 of 7886

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Don't get me wrong, I think we'll see way more Puscifer releases than Tool in the future. Maynard doesn't really have to wait on people for that, and he can just drop a single song or an EP here and there whenever he feels like it. He has the freedom to work whenever he feels like scheduling some studio time around the vineyard. With Tool and APC it's a collaborative effort, but I think he enjoys it when people have their shit together and are ready to get things done. I'm not saying another album is gonna happen soon, but I doubt this is the end of the whole thing. Adam, Danny and Justin surely will continue messing around and will eventually come up with something in their own time, and if they lock something in I'm sure Maynard doesn't mind having an alternate outlet for expression.

Maynard is mostly irritated at the constant hounding from fans, and I think the hounding is only exacerbated by the other three guys, for the last five years, saying "It's almost done" leading a lot of people to place the blame for the delays on Maynard. I've heard a lot of people saying the album is taking so long because Maynard is too busy in the vineyard or with Puscifer to make time for Tool, when it's the opposite. He's doing those things while waiting for the guys to finish something that he can record vocals to.

Remove all of that pressure, and the guys won't feel the need to constantly placate the fans by telling them something is almost done, and I think Maynard will be less irritable about the whole situation. I'm also sure for the rest of Maynard's days he's ALWAYS going to be asked about potential new Tool material in interviews, and after this album he can easily kill that question with "Not likely" instead of trying to explain why the process is taking so long. I have a a strong feeling none of the guys would answer that question with a definite no.

It honestly wouldn't bother me if this WAS the last album, but I have a hard time believing the passion that these guys have creating and playing together is just going to disappear as soon as the contract is fulfilled. I could also see them focusing on EP releases in the distant future where they don't have to crank out eight or nine songs at a time because they're contractually obligated to an LP. Tool releases will probably become WAY more leisurely in the future, but I don't think they'll stop altogether.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Puscifer seems to have settled into being a collaborative effort between the three of MJK, Carina Round and Mat Mitchell at this point, but yeah I agree that that's probably currently the most convenient musical outlet for him these days. My only real concern for the new Tool album is that MJK might phone it in or just treat it like some kind of obligatory job instead of something he actually has any passion for or interest in. Given how detached he appears to be from the rest of the band lately, that's probably plausible.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    My only real concern for the new Tool album is that MJK might phone it in or just treat it like some kind of obligatory job instead of something he actually has any passion for or interest in. Given how detached he appears to be from the rest of the band lately, that's probably plausible.
    I doubt it. At the end of the day, Maynard is the face of Tool. It's the band he's most known for and the reason he's famous. People have already placed all the blame for the new album's delays on him; he's not going to "phone it in" and let everyone pin the blame on him for making the album shitty, too. Obviously, time will tell here, but given that there are millions of fans (and magazines and reviewers, etc.) waiting with bated breath, he's not just going to half-ass it. The spotlight is on Maynard, not Danny, not Justin (maybe a little on Adam, but nowhere near as much). Hell, I bet most fans don't even know the names of the other band members aside from Maynard. I'm sure he's aware that Tool's (often shitty) fanbase wouldn't hesitate for a moment to throw him under the bus if they detected a lack of effort/interest on his part.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I’m not worried about MJK phoning it in. Why would he? I’m more concerned that AJ hasn’t evolved at all and is gonna chug 0 for an entire album.

That said, I think the album will be good. I’m sure they will put out something consistent with their previous works. Hell, if I get to hear some new Danny rage on the drums, I’ll be happy.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    So, Epicenter Festival in Rockingham, NC. Has anyone been there for that? Or been to other festivals in that state before? https://epicenterfestival.com/info/ I don't like or go to festivals, so I am somewhat operating blind here. If I wanted to get front on the rail in the VIP section, does it seem reasonable to show up and get in line during the headline show Friday night? (I'm not asking if it is reasonable to do this as I know that answer! I'm asking is there a reasonable shot to be close to first in line)? Some states/locations are easier than others to be up front. E.g., NOT Chicago or LA, but Phoenix is lovely. How is NC, are there a bunch of crazy fans? I have seen some FB posts about people flying in for the festival, so it's possible that competition could be tougher than I am hoping.

I also can't find a phone number for the place, so I can't find out if they are going to be shooing people away, or perhaps with campers there people just line up all night since they are there anyway? I don't know if there are bathrooms to use in the middle of the night (I assume I could use campground ones). I also see there is no overnight parking, but there are buses, so I guess we can't have a car stocked with water, food, etc. I don't want to spend money and time traveling to just be in the back, then I would just wait for a stand alone concert. I am very interested in going if I can have a reasonable shot at a front spot.

However, I've never seen Tool. Clearly I missed out on all the wonders of Tool in the 90s/early 2000s. I read here that Tool, like APC, now does seated shows (no GA). So I think my only chance at a GA experience is dealing with the horribles of a festival. So, I am thinking to just do one festival, to try to see Tool from in front on rail. Then, I'll just be happy with seats after that. Thanks for any tips and listening to my craziness.

Edit: A post at fourtheye says: Rockingham, NC? That place is hardly an epicenter of anything. Hours from most major cities. Run down raceway as the grounds. It will be interesting who they can bring out there.
    Last edited by sinspots; 01-24-2019 at 05:48 PM.

One great big festering neon distraction....
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Apparently, MJK is opening another tasting room for his vino in Scottsdale, AZ.
    https://www.azcentral.com/story/ente...le/2619957002/

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deadwinterskies View Post
    Apparently, MJK is opening another tasting room for his vino in Scottsdale, AZ.
    https://www.azcentral.com/story/ente...le/2619957002/
    There had better be a song about wine on the new Tool record.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    That would be awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Maybe a cover of Sour Grapes?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Apparently there is a Tool Drive! And an APC drive. And some Puscifer recordings too! (Almost 4TB of stuff!). I haven't actually downloaded the entire NIN drive yet...I just pull pieces as I want to listen and them save them. It seems weird to get the Tool Drive when I don't actually physically posses the entire NIN Drive. So, I guess I should work on getting the entirety of the NIN drive downloaded (subject to comcast caps), because my Tool drive will be on the way soon!

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    W(h)ine.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinspots View Post
    Apparently there is a Tool Drive! And an APC drive. And some Puscifer recordings too! (Almost 4TB of stuff!). I haven't actually downloaded the entire NIN drive yet...I just pull pieces as I want to listen and them save them. It seems weird to get the Tool Drive when I don't actually physically posses the entire NIN Drive. So, I guess I should work on getting the entirety of the NIN drive downloaded (subject to comcast caps), because my Tool drive will be on the way soon!
    How do I get said Tool drive?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    How do I get said Tool drive?
    Email the guys listed here. http://tooldriveproject.net/about.html

There is the Tool drive option, then a larger drive with APC and Puscifer.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    W(h)ine.
    ”While You Were W(h)ining I Was Working”

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    “it’s going to be out mid-April. That’s the plan anyway”. - Danny

http://www.fourtheye.net/2019/01/dan...l-is-the-plan/

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Not sure I believe it'll be out that soon either. We have no cover, no tracklist, no single, no video, no anything at this point plus it's a few days away from February. You telling me they'll be ready to pump this out in 2.5 months?

My guess is Mid May to early June.

EDIT: Here's the video where Danny says it'll be out in April anyway. Some fan was filming him at a meet and greet of some sort recently.
    Danny starts talking around 1:17 if you want to skip the annoying "reporter on this news" jibber jabbing about nonsense wasting time.

Last edited by ManBurning; 01-27-2019 at 12:47 AM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post

I’ll believe it when it’s in my hands.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    and they had a listening preview too??? this thing has to be done if so, no?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armogi View Post
    and they had a listening preview too??? this thing has to be done if so, no?
    They did!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Not sure I believe it'll be out that soon either. We have no cover, no tracklist, no single, no video, no anything at this point plus it's a few days away from February. You telling me they'll be ready to pump this out in 2.5 months?

My guess is Mid May to early June.
    10,000 Days came out May 8 and we didn’t get a track list, name, or artwork until March.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    10,000 Days came out May 8 and we didn’t get a track list, name, or artwork until March.

Yeah the whole cycle timeline no longer really applies, especially for a band at this level. They can announce like a month before, same day drop a video and preorders, LP’s start shipping a month later but it’s on streaming services on release day, etc etc etc

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Doesn't matter how hot the hype is for this album, I can almost 100% guarantee the final product will not deliver satisfaction for the 13 year gap since 10,000 Days to now.

Long songs or not (like usual for this band) if this album doesn't produce at least 6 ACTUAL songs of full length then I will find it hilarious and poor.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Album out mid-April according to Danny Carey

https://www.nme.com/news/music/tool-...439231-2439231

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Album out mid-April according to Danny Carey

https://www.nme.com/news/music/tool-...439231-2439231
    It was posted a few posts up over the weekend. You know, if I were Danny, I'd be pissed that some fan secretly taped me with their phone and now dozens of music news outlets are reporting his candid estimation of a release date. It probably pissed off Maynard and other members of the band, too. Especially if that statement isn't entirely realistic or accurate.
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 01-28-2019 at 01:16 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    It was posted a few posts up over the weekend. You know, if I were Danny, I'd be pissed that some fan secretly taped me with their phone and now dozens of music news outlets are reporting his candid estimation of a release date. It probably pissed of Maynard and other members of the band, too. Especially if that statement isn't entirely realistic or accurate.
    That's exactly why I'm still holding my breath. While I do believe that we'll have it this year, until the word comes right from the horse's mouth on a release date and it's publicly announced, I'm taking anything we hear with a grain of salt - as with any other tentative release date that's been rumored/projected over the past decade.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    NME's website makes me want to light my house on fire. Yeesh.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Leaked Admat says it'll be out on 4/20.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Leaked Admat says it'll be out on 4/20.
    This is super vague. Is there a link? An image to link to? Something? Anything? Thanks!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    This is super vague. Is there a link? An image to link to? Something? Anything? Thanks!
    posted a quick post between customers at work. Here it is. The post i saw it on facebook said they don't know if it's legit or not.

edit: i suck at embedding links, checkout this facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/Wolverinekills/