Page 155 of 263 FirstFirst ... 55 105 145 153 154 155 156 157 165 205 255 ... LastLast
Results 4,621 to 4,650 of 7887

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    this year i have been impacted by death after disaster after death, and it's made me realize something:
    Fuck Dumb Shit, straight up, to quote the immortal B. Rhymes.

There is no time for drama. The clock is ticking.
    If you have a problem with someone, make peace with him.
    One.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    sorry to hear... I recently went to a party/memorial for a friend of mine who passed away. The event was set up as a celebration of his life, and there were some really joyous moments in there, some really beautiful instances that made everyone say "ah, he would have really loved that." It didn't hurt that much, but it was still a sad day. The best thing you can do with your life is be someone that people will miss.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    The best thing you can do with your life is be someone that people will miss.
    Goddamn man.
    High quality words there, hoss.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Six days ago my childhood home was for the second time destroyed in a devestating house fire. You have no idea how much this hurts me to see my parents go through this again. No family members were harmed but my cat Autumn is presumed to be dead. My brother who has been having a rough year has truly lost everything he owns. I happened to be home on break from uni and lost my textbooks, laptop and my passport. My dad almost didn't make it out of the house. Everyone has lost treasured keepsakes and valuables.
    it will be tough but we will rebuild and keep living.

if you are interested in helping out there has been a go find me page setup to help out with the mounting costs of the little things not covered by insurance.
    https://gofundme.com/LandryFamily

Last edited by millionmilesaway; 06-24-2016 at 08:54 PM.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    A 10 year old audio receiver unit costing $2,000 to replace.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by millionmilesaway View Post
    Six days ago my childhood home was for the second time destroyed in a devestating house fire. You have no idea how much this hurts me to see my parents go through this again. No family members were harmed but my cat Autumn is presumed to be dead. My brother who has been having a rough year has truly lost everything he owns. I happened to be home on break from uni and lost my textbooks, laptop and my passport. My dad almost didn't make it out of the house. Everyone has lost treasured keepsakes and valuables.
    it will be tough but we will rebuild and keep living.

if you are interested in helping out there has been a go find me page setup to help out with the mounting costs of the little things not covered by insurance.
    https://gofundme.com/LandryFamily

Ohmygod, I'm so so sorry!

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Jill Stein. "I'm Bernie 2.0! Let's not let the revolution die!!!"

Fuck you.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    *edit.....
    Last edited by kel; 08-19-2016 at 11:30 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c0f3d View Post
    i'm filing for divorce.

we need a "big things that piss you off" thread.
    liked for the need of a big things that piss you off thread, not the divorce. That sucks, I'm sorry

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i'm filing for divorce.

oh, honey. i'm so sorry.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    i'm filing for divorce.

I've been there. So sorry.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    i'm filing for divorce.

You must have a good reason. Hang in there. There is brightness on the other side, you just have to let it in.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    So i went to my friend's funeral on saturday, and what the minister did utterly fucking infuriated both me and my brother.
    He wanted to make sure that everyone understood that if you want to "see Reno in heaven, Jesus has to be your 'personal saviour.' "
    He elaborated and expounded on this "fact" greatly, to the point where my brother, father and i were all looking at each other with smoldering, "this isn't really happening" faces.
    And remember, i count myself as a Christian, as does my brother. But this pisses me off for multiple reasons.
    It's PREEETYYY fucked up to use someone's death as leverage to push a belief system on someone, especially considering that the man himself bore no such sentiment. Since Reno has known he was probably going to die for over a year, we've had long, detailed conversations about the soul and the afterlife and that sort of thing.
    The Dali Lama could have been at the funeral, or a leading Rabbi, and this asshole redneck preacher was grandstanding about the key to eternal bliss/only way to avoid eternal damnation being the recitation of a few words.
    Secondly, faith, religion, and especially true spirituality, is a JOURNEY. It disturbs me that for so many people, being a "christian" means that you hate "fags," abortion, muslims, love guns, are basically into whatever the republican party happens to currently be tricking people into and are violently opposed to any form of public welfare (even though this ESPECIALLY goes against the teachings of Jesus,) and, oh yeah, you recited a couple of lines and accepted "Jesus Christ as your personal savior."
    Which brings me to the third thing that pisses me off about this. Guess what? In scripture, Yeshua (Jesus) did a lot of things. He even said that he came "not to bring peace, but a sword." But one thing he DAMN sure never, ever, ever did was tell people to call upon him as their "personal savior." I associate "personal savior" with those little pamphlets that people hand you that sum up the entire meaning of life and all eternity in 4 cartoon panels.
    Furthermore, according to the Bible, the only people in heaven are a handful of saints and hell doesn't exist yet.
    Has this asshole preacher READ the Bible, for fuck's sake?

I am so, SO glad i was raised Disciples of Christ which respects every member's personal interpretation of the whole thing and is pretty heavy on the whole "God is Love" angle, or i wouldn't have ANYTHING to do with Christianity. If my preacher ever said any shit like this guy was saying, i would literally get up and walk out of the church for good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^^^Yeah. Asshole preachers piss me off, too. Woe!

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I get a call from a job I really thought I had a good chance for, with them saying, "Hi Ryan, sorry it took so long for me to get back to you. Unfortunately we can't progress further because we don't think you would be a good culture fit. You are a great company fit, but I don't think you would mesh well with this team." I asked what the fuck she meant by that and she said "To be honest with you this team is made up of young giggly girls, but if another position comes up on another floor I will put you forward." So I said "Ok, I'll try not to apply for anymore positions with young giggly girls" and she went quiet. That's honestly the most annoying and fucked up "unfortunately..." response I've ever received in my career and I'm beyond fucking pissed off.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    My wife and I own the same smartphone and both devices decided to act like shit since last week.
    Sometimes we can't type, it turns itself off or the battery just dies after 3 hours.
    Had to buy new ones and now I am waiting for amazon to deliver...wanted to save some money, but life got other ideas...

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I get a call from a job I really thought I had a good chance for, with them saying, "Hi Ryan, sorry it took so long for me to get back to you. Unfortunately we can't progress further because we don't think you would be a good culture fit. You are a great company fit, but I don't think you would mesh well with this team." I asked what the fuck she meant by that and she said "To be honest with you this team is made up of young giggly girls, but if another position comes up on another floor I will put you forward." So I said "Ok, I'll try not to apply for anymore positions with young giggly girls" and she went quiet. That's honestly the most annoying and fucked up "unfortunately..." response I've ever received in my career and I'm beyond fucking pissed off.
    that is absolutely ridiculous and not grounds for not hiring someone. that's essentially discrimination. and how do they know you wouldn't get along with a bunch of giggly girls (also, what a weird way to describe a group of employees; not "light-hearted young women" or something)? you're a fun, goofy guy.

good luck, dude. hope something less frustrating comes along.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    That is infuriating. You can giggle and be girly with best of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Hiring for culture fit is rarely a good idea and that was a realllll stupid piece of feedback to give.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    When an old friend starts treating you like shit every time they interact with you.
    Just did a favor for said friend this morning and she finds a way to complain about it and dismiss me. I am astonished and furious.
    If I call her out on it...it's just going to be more drama. If I ignore it and don't say anything, she'll keep doing it.
    It's been six months of this bs and I am done: I don't want this person in my life anymore.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Anything said after the words 'to be honest with you' is utter bullshit. My first thought is 'OK, now you are going to be honest'.

Yeah, you probably didn't want to work there anyway. They probably aren't nice giggly girls. They are probably evil mean girls you'd want to punch in the neck every day.

Sorry.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Thanks guys.

The part that pissed me off more was, on Friday, the guy said to me "we're still determining the second round of interviews and we would like to talk to you further about the position on Monday" - getting my hopes up over the weekend - then I get that call on Tuesday. It was a HR woman with an English accent saying "I don't think you would be a good culture fit, that's my gut feeling and I have to go with it..." When last week the guy who rang me for the interview said "we're a tightly knit team" and he's a dude - not a young giggly girl at all. I emailed him about it and he said some bullshit about it "not being my decision" and comes down a collective decision or some shit.

Everyone else I've spoken to about it, including a previous manager, think it's utter bollocks.
    Last edited by Ryan; 06-29-2016 at 04:47 PM.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Oh and she said I would be a good "COMPANY fit" and I have all the right skills and an impressive resume, so what in the utter fuck?

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    The fact that my Dad needs to have a smoke break every 10 minutes when we watch a movie together.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    that is absolutely ridiculous and not grounds for not hiring someone. that's essentially discrimination. and how do they know you wouldn't get along with a bunch of giggly girls (also, what a weird way to describe a group of employees; not "light-hearted young women" or something)? you're a fun, goofy guy.

good luck, dude. hope something less frustrating comes along.
    Another role I went for in the past and actually *got* was in a team of no one BUT girls(!)

And, ultimately, the thing that's becoming the most taxing on me in being a young father now and wanting and needing to provide, and hitting dead end after dead end. Then there's the explaining the same old shit over and over again, interview after interview. And then with this position, where everything seemed so promising up to Friday, I hit another motherfucking dead end out of nowhere.

It feels like the universe is telling me it doesn't want me to work. And I had such good luck over the weekend - won $500 on a slot machine.

I think I'll just become a male fuckin' prostitute and gamble on the side.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    "Unfortunately we can't progress further because we don't think you would be a good culture fit. You are a great company fit, but I don't think you would mesh well with this team." I asked what the fuck she meant by that and she said "To be honest with you this team is made up of young giggly girls, but if another position comes up on another floor I will put you forward."
    She just didn't like you. That sucks.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    What a whorebag.

Meanwhile, I've also been put forward for a Branch Manager position. Funny how life works.
    Last edited by Ryan; 06-29-2016 at 04:29 PM.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    So what happens today? I get two calls - one job wants me to start Monday next week and another wants to interview me for a perm role.

Fuck negativity and I'm now grabbing life by it's teensy little faggot balls.

"NO MORE GAMES."

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    So what happens today? I get two calls - one job wants me to start Monday next week and another wants to interview me for a perm role.

Fuck negativity and I'm now grabbing life by it's teensy little Spoiler: faggot balls.
    i was so excited for you until you used that F word (not fuck) and now i just want to scream at you : /

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i was so excited for you until you used that F word (not fuck) and now i just want to scream at you : /
    That's @Ryan for you ! Too bad about the other job, now I'm really curious about what kind of reactions he would elicit surrounded by a bunch of giggly girls.

Something like "AaaawwwwwwwwwwEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWW !!!" I recon.