Page 154 of 263 FirstFirst ... 54 104 144 152 153 154 155 156 164 204 254 ... LastLast
Results 4,591 to 4,620 of 7888

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tomorrow will be the 3rd technician AT&T have sent to fix an issue with connection. And last time, they replaced everything. Can't imagine what they're gonna check this time.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Song titles that ought to have question marks in them but don't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The sound of people chewing. The longer I hear it and the louder it is, the more it drives me up a wall.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Song titles that ought to have question marks in them but don't.
    Also film titles, like Who Framed Roger Rabbit.
    Another thing that annoys me is bad grammar in titles: Rob Zombie's American Made Music To Strip By. It should be Strip To. You strip to music, you don't strip by music.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I went to pick up an oven tray before, didn't realise it was hot and burnt shit out of 3 fingers on right hand

have to type 1 handed

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    I went to pick up an oven tray before, didn't realise it was hot and burnt shit out of 3 fingers on right hand

have to type 1 handed
    bet that's not all you have to do one-handed

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    People who open their car door into the road without looking if anyone's coming, or assuming I'm going to slow down and drive around you if I am.
    Wearing headphones, too, why don't ya.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ridiculous internet censorship in school because you can't download your VPN extensions on a Chromebook.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    First World Problem Alert: The superhero genre of films IS DEAD. Like the genre lacks a soul, the plots/stories are slapped together and they all basically play out in the same way. I'm not paying any more money to support SHIT. Captain America. Batman V Superman. Ninja Turtles. Good thing I didn't see the new X MEN.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Are you and @Hazekiah in an arms race to lay claim to both sides of the fanboy hyperbole?

"ALL SUPERHERO MOVIES ARE AWESOME! FUCK YOU IF YOU DONT AGREE! I WILL WRITE A NOVEL EACH TIME I POST! THAT HARRY KNOWLES GUY IS A GOOD DUDE!"--H

"ALL SUPERHERO MOVIES FUCKING SUCK!"--C

"Lots of them are very good, especially Marvel. Some are terrible (what the fuck was that, BvS?!). They're not Oscar material but can be very entertaining."--rational people
    Last edited by Swykk; 06-06-2016 at 01:32 PM.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    when the lane you're in suddenly becomes a left turn only lane, especially if the arrow on the road is faded and hardly visible. Hate this so much.
    You're going in a straight line but are now either forced somewhere you don't want to go - like onto some fucking highway - or to perilously change lane too late and piss someone off
    Last edited by aggroculture; 06-08-2016 at 07:34 AM.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    I just sold an incredibly rare electronic musical instrument to someone.... you seriously could not find one of these things in working condition. I defy you to try. They don't exist. It's that rare. It's a dinosaur egg. I was trying to figure out what to even ask for a buying price, but I couldn't find one that had sold on Ebay in ten years or so.

The buyer sent me this picture, showing me the condition of the package that showed up. Apparently it's not working right.

I don't even know what to do! I'm horrified... I feel like I just watched somebody jack off on the Mona Lisa.... but I offered to buy it back. My name matters. I am not a fraud. But I can't afford this shit, I can't afford it. I sold it for a reason. Now I just paid to let USPS destroy it? I have insurance, but....

Goddamn it.... this is a nightmare I don't need right now.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 06-10-2016 at 05:49 AM.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    It pisses me off that nobody can ever tell me what in the fuck is REALLY going on.

( i don't know why i love this phrase so much. and i totally want this jacket, but they only made 25 of them.)

Also, my inability to do the shit i'm supposed to do. I fucked off on the internet all day instead of recording the guitar track i had committed to recording, and furthermore, how doing things that require physical effort must be performed during a certain span of time in which i am able to be on painkillers, probably for the rest of my fucking life. So i will have another window today, but if i don't do it, it will be a 24 hour wait.

Also, what in the fuck is really going on?
    Last edited by elevenism; 06-12-2016 at 05:07 AM.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I really, really hate goodbyes. *sigh*

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    The fact that all the people saying a Trump presidency would be better than a Hillary presidency are white. This includes some of my friends. UGH.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Baphomette View Post
    The fact that all the people saying a Trump presidency would be better than a Hillary presidency are white. This includes some of my friends. UGH.
    Vote for me instead.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Vote for me instead.
    Sorry, dude. Already pledged to my cat.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Baphomette View Post
    Sorry, dude. Already pledged to my cat.
    At least let me be Vice President to your pussy!

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    ANOTHER man I knew just died. He was also in his thirties. What in the FUCK is going on, 2016?

The death of his lifelong friend a few months ago is what got us to patch up our differences. I reached out to him when our friend died, and we both decided to put shit behind us. We even sat down and had a conversation like a month ago at a party.

Seriously like what?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i'm having a lot of conflicting emotions right now because of what happened in orlando. i keep crying randomly just thinking about it. i'm so angry and sad that people have so much hatred for others who want nothing more than to express love freely.
    i know i don't look like a queer person, but i am (my wife is queer, too). i'm queer, trans, and i want to stand up in support of my community, but it's frustrating that i look like a straight white dude and i worry that people think i'm not worthy or shouldn't be a part of their community.
    and then i get mad at myself for caring, because there are so many issues that are so much bigger that i should be helping to fight, instead of worrying what other people think of me.

sigh...

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i'm having a lot of conflicting emotions right now because of what happened in orlando. i keep crying randomly just thinking about it. i'm so angry and sad that people have so much hatred for others who want nothing more than to express love freely.
    i know i don't look like a queer person, but i am (my wife is queer, too). i'm queer, trans, and i want to stand up in support of my community, but it's frustrating that i look like a straight white dude and i worry that people think i'm not worthy or shouldn't be a part of their community.
    and then i get mad at myself for caring, because there are so many issues that are so much bigger that i should be helping to fight, instead of worrying what other people think of me.

sigh...
    You aren't obligated to look like or even be part of the groups you're mourning for. A community as inclusive as the LGBTQ community could give a shit less if you have a beard, and neither should you.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    You are SO MUCH a part of this community. Like Tony said, no one cares what you look like on the outside, it's who you are that makes you a part of it. You said it yourself, you're trans, you're queer, you are a part of the trans community and a part of the queer community, period. Full stop.

I can understand where you're coming from a bit, as I've felt that way before. I'm still presenting male most of the time, and years ago I had a full beard off and on for years, and from the outside most people would have assumed, and do assume now, that I'm a male. I'm not. I'm a woman, and the outside doesn't matter one bit. But yeah, people don't see that, and anyone who judges you for the way you look or says you're not a part of the community or not trans enough or not queer enough or whatever is an asshole. You are a part of this community and you shouldn't feel even a tiny bit bad about how you present yourself. You do you.

That's human. Most people have either gone through it or are going through it, including me. Don't beat yourself up over it.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    When your editor texts you this afternoon to have you go photograph two different events in two different cities that both start at 6 tonight. Also needs a gallery of 35+ edited photos from the one, and 20+ from the other. Also needs 3-5 of the best shots from each for tomorrow's paper sent in no later than 9 tonight. Also the one doesn't end until midnight, so after you're done with the shots for the paper, you have to go back to that one and shoot more. And then come home and edit more. And then upload each of the collective 55+ photos individually because the website interface sucks.
    Did I mention you haven't gotten a raise since you started last November?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    fucking everything. today was so lousy.
    shit customers (both jobs)
    shit hours
    shit support system
    shit housemates
    shitish pay
    shit sleep
    decent liquor
    shit motivation
    shit physiology
    shit MIND

little things? people who still care about having perfect green manicured lawns. skimp on important shit like showering and doing dishes, so you can impress your dumbass neighbors. my butt smell and eating off un greasy bowls is more important than the shade of your sod.

tomorrow never comes.
    Last edited by ldopa; 06-18-2016 at 05:04 AM.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    when there's a dead animal in the house (in the vents? in the basement?) and you don't know where, and you have to endure its smell until it rots to oblivion.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    holy shit... the comments section of the IMDB boards is entirely dominated by trolls. This is the stupidest shit I've ever read.

I didn't know it was possible for this much stupidity to gather in one place.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    holy shit... the comments section of the IMDB boards is entirely dominated by trolls. This is the stupidest shit I've ever read.

I didn't know it was possible for this much stupidity to gather in one place.
    Have you not looked at @tony.parente 's face?

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Have you not looked at @tony.parente's face?
    You cunt.

10char

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Have you not looked at @tony.parente's face?
    You guys need to rage against something. So much wasted potential. At best, you can pretend to control something for a moment.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    So they told me they were moving my homeboy to hospice.
    And i thought i was washing my jeans to go visit him one more time.
    Instead he didn't make it through the night, and i'm washing my goddamn funeral suit.
    Again.
    Can somebody tell me what in the fuck is going on?