Page 83 of 94 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,490 of 2810

Thread: The Muthafuckin' Sports Thread!

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Oh he's AMAZING. So is Chris Paul. They just talk too much shit.
    I'm especially mad at CP right now for a particular stunt he pulled yesterday.

And tbh, I'm not even up on today's Miami. I just know how they used to operate, with LeBron, and that velociraptor hybrid Chris Bosch, and just their whole vibe.
    @chuckrh so apparently Dallas is looking at that giant French dude from Utah...Gobert?That would be a REALLY nice addition at the C position. THAT'S exactly the type of Tyson Chandler type I had in mind.

There are also Kyrie Irving rumors, but I think that's FAR less likely: that dude is really expensive and fairly problematic.
    Can't stand Kyrie. He's what's wrong with the league in one dysfunctional package. Zero work ethic & zero working in a team structure. Anyone who signs him is getting exactly what they deserve. James Harden is almost as bad. Wouldn't sign him either.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    Can't stand Kyrie. He's what's wrong with the league in one dysfunctional package. Zero work ethic & zero working in a team structure. Anyone who signs him is getting exactly what they deserve. James Harden is almost as bad. Wouldn't sign him either.
    This is why I don't see the mavs wanting Kyrie. Aside from that one time Mark Cuban fucked up and split up the championship winning squad that could have won in 2012, too, this team is more about building and developing a crew than getting a prima dona superstar for a ring.

And even IF Cuban wanted to switch up the formula, you've got Dirk in an administrative position, Kidd as head coach, Chandler as a development coach...I think they'd talk him out of it.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

combo with

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    @elevenism

Yeah I'm with you in thinking it just isn't in the cards for them to beat the Suns this year. But they still have to play the games and once the ball is tossed anything can happen. I think the Mavs other players should play better at their home games so I also don't think it's completely out of the question they even the series. Game 3 is a must win though. And CP3 is playing like a man possessed so it won't be anything easy. Just give Luka one big who can protect the rim and can work in pick and rolls and I think they're already good enough to beat this Suns team in a series. I've got the Suns as second best in the NBA to GS right now but a lot of that has to do with GS's experience and the fact that Steph and Klay are going to win 2 games every series by shooting threes alone.

@chuckrh

I agree with everything you're saying in here about players. Kyrie and Harden are the worst. I don't see how anyone could be a fan of them. No heart, all excuses. I like Draymond as a player, he's a swiss army knife of a player, but his mouth is annoying. I really don't like the Heat though and I think I'd rather see the Bucks take on GS in the finals. What I really wanted to happen somehow is for Brooklyn to somehow get to the finals so GS could run a clinic on them. KD took their team mentality for granted and without them he's back exactly where he started.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Luka passed Michael Jordan in game 2, though, and now has the highest scoring average in playoff history.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Luka passed Michael Jordan in game 2, though, and now has the highest scoring average in playoff history.
    He'll be able to reflect on that in Cancun in a few weeks.

I kid, I kid!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    He'll be able to reflect on that in Cancun in a few weeks.

I kid, I kid!
    Well...I mean, it's true.
    Although if he's anything like his spiritual predecessor, he'll be reflecting on it in the gym...if he thinks about it much at all.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Well...I mean, it's true.
    Although if he's anything like his spiritual predecessor, he'll be reflecting on it in the gym...if he thinks about it much at all.
    Nice, you got a win! Getting swept would suck.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Nice, you got a win! Getting swept would suck.
    I was really hoping for that win. I DID say all I cared about was getting out of round 1, because that's good, reasonable progress.

But then, yeah, getting SWEPT in round 2, even by the best team in the league, wouldn't be so great for morale.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    I was really hoping for that win. I DID say all I cared about was getting out of round 1, because that's good, reasonable progress.

But then, yeah, getting SWEPT in round 2, even by the best team in the league, wouldn't be so great for morale.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Lol. Hey, I actually used to do a pretty good kind of punk cover of that song...kind of like aping Kurt Cobain.

In fact, I THINK it might have been THE first thing I ever played and sang at the same time.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    I've been getting into F1 for a few years. Started before I knew about "Drive to Survive". It's so much better than NASCAR. Just watched qualifying for the first Miami Grand Prix. They did a great job with the track. It's real fast but tough. Should be a great race tomorrow.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    2-1 is a lot better than 2-0. Now they have another home game and it puts more pressure on the Suns. Win the next one and then go back to PHX with all the momentum tied at 2. They just need their guys that aren't Luka to play well again.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burnmotherfucker! View Post
    2-1 is a lot better than 2-0. Now they have another home game and it puts more pressure on the Suns. Win the next one and then go back to PHX with all the momentum tied at 2. They just need their guys that aren't Luka to play well again.
    Did you guys see this circus play here? Gotta love the no look pass while sitting down.

Dare I hope for another win?
    Brunson was badass and was, in fact, the top scorer. Finney Smith and Bullock were both in double digits, too. Luka finally played some defense.

But CP3 had SEVEN first half turnovers, and some of them were WEIRD...weird like "do you ever wonder if NBA games are thrown" weird. Idk if he'll be that sloppy again.

I'd honestly still put money on Suns in 5.

6 would look a whole hell of a lot better, though.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    All this mavs/suns series has reminded me is how much I loathe Chris Paul and his fake ass flops. He’s one of those players that you hate to see play your team because he’s such a walking bucket and knows just when to take over games, but would also be a perfect fit on your favorite team.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    I loathe Chris Paul, (he)... would also be a perfect fit on your favorite team.
    My mom is an NBA FANATIC, and we were talking about something similar to this yesterday morning, regarding CP3 at first, but also arrogant players in general.

Looking at the most loved, hated, and BEST nba players, there's a lot of overlap.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    getting excited for the Miami Grand Prix in a few hours. nice to have a race on during the day not like the middle of the night like some of them. there's probably going to be some wrecks today as it's a tough course. hopefully no one gets hurt except the billionaire owners' wallets.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Great race today. Very competitive.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I'm not gonna curse this thing by saying SHIT about what's going on.

Buuuuut...suns and mavs...

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    I'm not gonna curse this thing by saying SHIT about what's going on.

Buuuuut...suns and mavs...
    I won't comment as I can throw down a mean jinx, not always on purpose.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    0-0

Best of three.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    I'd honestly still put money on Suns in 5.

6 would look a whole hell of a lot better, though.
    Gonna be at least 6 now! And that's why they make em toss it up and play the games. The Suns are good. They're good enough to win it all. But they're not so good that they can't be had. Their regular season schedule means exactly nothing right now. Finney Smith was lights out and Luka is trusting his team in these last two games and its working. He had a terrible shooting game but still played hard and his guys stepped up and now its a whole different series. 2-2 and the Mavs got the momentum. The next game is house money for them. Suns are going to feel pressure. Game 6 is a must win for the Mavs but they just have to steal one of the two remaining in PHX. And unlike the first two games they now know they can beat these guys. They're dangerous now.

It's fun being an honorary Mavs fan!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burnmotherfucker! View Post
    Gonna be at least 6 now! And that's why they make em toss it up and play the games. The Suns are good. They're good enough to win it all. But they're not so good that they can't be had. Their regular season schedule means exactly nothing right now. Finney Smith was lights out and Luka is trusting his team in these last two games and its working. He had a terrible shooting game but still played hard and his guys stepped up and now its a whole different series. 2-2 and the Mavs got the momentum. The next game is house money for them. Suns are going to feel pressure. Game 6 is a must win for the Mavs but they just have to steal one of the two remaining in PHX. And unlike the first two games they now know they can beat these guys. They're dangerous now.

It's fun being an honorary Mavs fan!
    @chuckrh did he just lay down the jinx?

Is that what that was?

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    did he just lay down the jinx?

Is that what that was?
    Oh no! haha

Nah, I mean I don't know how you define a jinx but all I'm doing is saying what I see. Nowhere in there am I declaring it's a sure thing, or even the more likely outcome. In fact I said the Suns are good enough to win it all. But this series has had a momentum shift and now it's a matter of if the Mavs can do something with it. PHX dropped two to the PELS and recovered so we'll see. But regardless of the outcome, you've got to be thrilled at how your team is playing right? Fighting in a tough series they're not supposed to win, I'd love to see the Hornets even get that far one of these days lol.

The real jinx you have to worry about is the Charles Barkley guarantee. That's a death sentence.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    @chuckrh did he just lay down the jinx?

Is that what that was?
    Yep.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    So, the Mavs absolutely collapsed in the third yesterday. Luka and Brunson went one on one and there was no ball movement, Ayton came to life and dominated in the paint (Mavs should be very worried about this), and they lost by 30 after playing a good first half.

Now they go back to Dallas and the pressure that was on the Suns is now on the Mavs in game 6. Now the Suns have a game where it's house money for them. It isn't going to be as easy as games 3 and 4. I expect Dallas will start out tight, the way the Suns did in game 5. Can they correct course? Backs against the wall. Luka has to be better and his team has to show up again at home. Let's go!

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Game 7

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    If Dallas pulls game 7 off, I will be shook. Can’t wait for sunday

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Bruins managed to tie their playoff series at 3-3 last night, here's hoping the Celtics can do the same tonight!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    And here I was hoping we "just didn't get swept."

Holy shit, guys: @burnmotherfucker! @chuckrh @ryanmcfly

Good lord.
    Jesus Christ.
    This is arguably the best team in the NBA, and we've got their backs against the wall. Hell, Luka played better (statistically AND qualitatively) than Booker and CP3 combined last night.

This is what rebuilding looks like, and it's actually happening more quickly than I expected.
    I don't think it's too far fetched to say that these mavs could potentially be a dynasty team in the next few years: we HAVE to resign Brunson, though. I thought he was easily replaceable, but I damn sure don't think that now.

What's that about a series not starting until a road team wins? Well I guess this one starts in game 7, or never happened.

Edit: also, we've got all these grim stats being thrown around.
    7% chance of winning after being down by 2. 20% chance of winning after losing a game 5 in a 7 game series. 20% chance of winning a road game 7 but...

FUCK IT.
    0-0, motherfuckers!
    Last edited by elevenism; 05-13-2022 at 12:55 PM.