Page 93 of 94 FirstFirst ... 43 83 91 92 93 94 LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,790 of 2814

Thread: The Muthafuckin' Sports Thread!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Loved what I saw out of Kyrie last night.

He was unselfish. No Luka, no Maxi, (and obviously no Dorian or Spencer), rotating bench players, WE, not just Kyrie, pulled some incredible plays and smacked the shit out of Kawhi and LAC.

It's PROMISING, for sure.

Cautiously optimistic, for REAL.

Also, holy fuck @Self.Destructive.Pattern , Kevin Durant goes to Pheonix? Westbrook goes to fucking UTAH? And Russel in LAL?

And LAL is starting D Russel like, pretty much IMMEDIATELY, just like we did Kyrie. Like "oh, yeah it's fine: we practiced a little this morning"
    It's actually on Saturday, but STILL.

This is truly the craziest NBA year ive ever witnessed for the Western conference.

I mean, combine all this with the fact that we've got guys who could have handily been the MVP not TOO many years ago who aren't even in the RUNNING.

4-8 place are all but tied.

Damn. Rest of this season is gonna be even crazier.
    He looked Hella happy as well, hahaa. Cannot wait to see him and Durant go against each other, but I cannot believe the amount of 2nd picks that landed other teams key players... Like damn.

Lakers made a lot of great moves, no one eligible until Saturday so I expect a loss tonight against the Bucks lol.

Westbrook will not play a single minute for the Jazz. He'll get bought out and said he wants to go to the Heat or the Clippers who also made some big moves. Cannot to see how this all folds out!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    So the Chief's win Turf Bowl I, huh.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    long time Nets fan chiming in:

I'm so glad Kyrie is gone. Talented as he is, he is toxic and draining. the honeymoon phase will end and he will sour another franchise. bet on it.

meanwhile, I'm happy with the trades we got. watching the Nets is FUN again.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Great Super Bowl for a change. I thought KC was done when Mahomes went down in the first half. They must've broke out the good stuff so that he could play after half time. You know they only give you that when you can't dance.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    So the Chief's win Turf Bowl I, huh.
    It was a good game, i don't like either team, but they gave a good showing and i figured Mahomes would win (of course when i'm right i didn't gamble, lol)
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 03-19-2023 at 02:05 AM.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    It was a good game, i don't like either team, but they gave a good showing and i figured Mahomes would win (of course when i'm right i didn't gable, lol)
    I feel your pain....

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    I feel your pain....
    it's Murphy's Law: I got right the last two Superbowls, with no gamble; but of course when i gambled 2 o and 3 years ago, i got em wrong, lol...

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I saw on reddit that the last Tubi commercial caused some, ah, consternation at bars and houses where people were drinking.

also the number of people also on reddit/youtube/twitter about how the game was rigged...Christ people are stupid.
    Last edited by allegate; 02-13-2023 at 11:16 AM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    also the number of people also on reddit/youtube/twitter about how the game was rigged...Christ people are stupid.
    That hold call at the end definitely looked fishy. But the player that got called for it admitted after the game that it was a hold.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    There's XFL today, lol.

Rock made an appearance.
    Rock did the XFL tag line.
    And you know Rock got the fuck outta there.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poinoup View Post
    There's XFL today, lol.

Rock made an appearance.
    Rock did the XFL tag line.
    And you know Rock got the fuck outta there.
    You better watch what your candy ass says about the Rock. Now, do you smell what the Rock is cookin'?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    He never did cook me that 3 course meal he promised when I beat him at arm wrestling....

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    No March Madness fans here I take it? Has been an incredible tourney so far, with some massive lower seed upsets and several thrilling down to the wire/buzzer beater finishes. The greatest event in all of sports remains undefeated for now....unless the power conference AD's have their way eventually & ruin it by expanding it to 96 teams...or they just take their ball & go home & start their own tourney as we move towards 3 or 4 mega conferences in the next decade or so.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Wow, that's kind of wild. I logically knew it was March but haven't even thought once about brackets or anything like that. I've been working almost exclusively from home since January so haven't had a lot of people interaction.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    No March Madness fans here I take it? Has been an incredible tourney so far, with some massive lower seed upsets and several thrilling down to the wire/buzzer beater finishes. The greatest event in all of sports remains undefeated for now....unless the power conference AD's have their way eventually & ruin it by expanding it to 96 teams...or they just take their ball & go home & start their own tourney as we move towards 3 or 4 mega conferences in the next decade or so.
    It's been good. I got hooked on the World Baseball Classic though. That's been crazy, too. I've been having sleep trouble from chemo & was watching games live from Asia. Looks like USA going to lose to Venezula.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    USA pulls one out & Altuve going to miss a few games. It's all good! (disclaimer: as a Mariners fan I don't care for the Asstros at all)

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    So, yeah, I quit.

I STILL have this sinking feeling that Luka demanded the Kyrie trade.
    And Kyrie is good!
    But we already HAD a good team.

You can't trade away fucking 75% of your defense and a lot of your points from beyond the arc and just bring in a new cat, with 20 games left in the most competitive fucking season in Western Conference history.

That's what we did, and then said "go get 'em, tiger!"
    We were fighting for fourth before the trade, and now we're fighting for TENTH.

I hope to GOD these cats weren't planning on winning shit THIS year.

Meanwhile...I'm playing PSP NBA 2K13 on my PSP emulator.
    We.got Steve Nash back, and we're eyeing a trade for LeBron James.

OH, and I'm ALSO playing 2K11. We're 20-0.

At least that.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Boston vs. Heat, last night, wow.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Uncle Rico is much cooler than Rodgers, still not cool for the Jets!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Jays are going all the way this year! With no Mariner's to fuck it up for us!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Uncle Rico is much cooler than Rodgers, still not cool for the Jets!
    BTW they played great last Sunday against The Chiefs, they deserved to win!

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M1ke View Post
    Jays are going all the way this year! With no Mariner's to fuck it up for us!
    Nice series against the Twinkies. They're probably still cleaning the puke off the streets from the Toronto fans, haha. From a die hard Mariners fan. BTW I know we sucked this year.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    long time Nets fan chiming in:

I'm so glad Kyrie is gone. Talented as he is, he is toxic and draining. the honeymoon phase will end and he will sour another franchise. bet on it.

meanwhile, I'm happy with the trades we got. watching the Nets is FUN again.
    I'm happy we got him.

I was skeptical at first, and the mavs didn't even make the playoffs last year, but shit...they changed EVERYTHING with, what, 26 games to play?
    But Luka Doncic and Kyrie had the summer to learn to play together, we moved some pieces around, and now we have our best start (4-0) since... Oh shit! Our first of our two trips to the Finals, as in, 19 years ago.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    glad your Mavs are off to a good start. hopefully Kyrie stays on track.
    I'm happy with a 3-2 Nets start, the two losses were within the last few seconds. without the two superstars, it's certainly different watching this team. I was (thankfully) right a few months ago, it's fun watching this team now.

Dorian Finney Smith from your Mavs is a great pickup.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    wtf is an "In-Season Tournament"? I mean I read the 101 about it and I still don't understand the what but especially not the why.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    wtf is an "In-Season Tournament"? I mean I read the 101 about it and I still don't understand the what but especially not the why.
    But they have cool new floors & uniforms. We know what's important in the NBA. As a former season ticket holder, until they took my team away, it makes me sad. I hear that Seattle & Vegas getting expansion teams is a done deal. Just waiting for the new broadcast deals are done. Most likely it will be too expensive for me to go. When I had the season ticket it was $10 a game. Those days are long gone.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Ah, so money is what's motivating it. figures, lol

ug, the Portland one looks so demotivating. No wonder Damian left.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    The In-Season tournament is just a cash grab, and another reason to annoy the players even more. The All-Star game has run stale, with a lot of stars straight up not participating in many events. Who would have thought the 3pt Shootout would be more sought after, than the freaking Slam dunk contest? Throw a bunch of big stars in the dunk contest, and see how many fans will beg for it.

Being a huge fan of basketball, my entire life, I tend to look back on old All-Star games, regular season games, etc... And the feeling you get from what used to be, is like watching it for the first time again. I highly recommend it!

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    How about those motherfucking Dirty Dirty Dallas Mavericks, in 2nd place at 8-2, behind the 8-2 Denver Jockics.

Luckily, I get to cheer for both, as my brother, sis in law, and 3 (soon to be 4)! kids have lived in Denver for several years, now, but, at the end of the day?

GO, MAVS!

DAMN, it's nice to see the boys holding strong. I DO miss the SHIT out of Finney-Smith and Dinwittee, but, damn. This team is looking good.

We've got not one, but TWO, all star back court cats in Luka and Kyrie, and we've also got some pretty good defense going.

Plus, we've got the "Fuck You, We're From Texas" halo.