Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: The New Introduction Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Long time lurker here! Love the community here so I figured I'd join.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Been a fan since 1999. I was 12 and only really listened to what was on the radio. A friend introduced me to NIN and I was hooked. I would also say that NIN became my gateway band into realizing that there are many other forms of music out there and I needed to look for it on my own which lead me to a great deal of other interesting musical artists.

Side note: I was originally a member of this site before it got remodeled (love the changes & additions by the way). So I rejoined, But don't call it a comeback. I've been here for years... (how lame was that lol)
    Last edited by jnk6980; 12-08-2013 at 09:51 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Hello! I totally thought I rejoined ETS when it rebooted. i guess I just lurked. Oops. Im back now!
    Was a member of old ETS since Oct 2003...

Ive been to lots of great shows and I met some great people through here and shows....hope to reconnect w/some that I lost track of after the last show in 2009.

I mostly spend my time on Flickr (well I did before they Fucked it up in May). I like taking pictures. Landscapes mostly. And the occasional rock show.

Hope everyone is well. Im older and slightly mellower... But occasionally grumpy. Been a rough couple of years, but Im ready to rock! :waves hello:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Old and long time member. Upcoming tour brought me back home.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Hi, my name is Ann, from Belgium. I know and like NIN since 1990 (bought PHM that year). Never went to any of their shows, but that changed this year. I loved them at Pukkelpop (though it wasn't their best show , apparently).
    Definitely going back when they visit Europe again.

What else? I'm a huge fan of Nick Cave (at the end of this year I will have seen him perform 7 or 8 times this year)!
    Love my dog and my 2 cats.
    And that's about it, for now .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They call me Brownd. I like videogames and helped translate some to spanish. I'm also kind of an arrogant audiophile.
    Ended up on this forum on many ocassions so I decided to make an account already.
    So yeah whatever

Hope I have a good time here

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Hey everyone. My name is Trey, and I just joined the site literally a few minutes ago. I've been a Nails fan since I can remember, and the artist we all know as TR holds a special place in my life above many of his contemporaries among my favorite artists--I'm sure many of you can relate.

Anyhow, just wanted to express my salutations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The New Introduction Thread

Hi everyone, my names amber, just joined the site. Been listening to NIN since 99 (I was 12) when I heard my sister listening to PHM and asked her if I could borrow her CD. She never got it back, I still have it! It sure got a lot of play time in my stereo. Haha.

I've got tickets for both Vegas shows in November and getting more excited as the dates get closer! I've unfortunately never been able to go to a NIN show so I am very ecstatic about getting tickets for both nights and at the joint of all places. Such a great venue for reznor to play at.

By the way, I'm not going to lie and say nine inch nails is my favorite band... They fall behind tool. That is my real love for music right there lol I don't care how many years it takes for a new album.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi my name is Nic, been a fan since I head HLAH played in a club when it was released. Bought Sin when it came out (a friend had got PHM after we'd heard HLAH and we used to spend most of our spare time together back then). Bought everything on release up until Fragile, then not so much after. Came here after getting HM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Hey--I go by Rhett in the NIN forums. I usually post on the official site but it's slowed down, likely because it's no longer linked to the official site.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey guys, name's Jon. I'm jegriff on the official site, haven't posted there in a while though and I wasn't that active there anyway. I've been a fan for about three years now (after I grew out of my mid-teenage Metallica years). I just started collecting halo's over the summer, think I have like 17ish now, all the albums. Can't fucking wait for the show in Boston next week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Heyo- been lurking around here for a while so actually joining was going to happen sooner or later. My name's Katie, and I've been a NIN fan since 2006. Went to my first show the other day, and hoping it won't be my last. Guess I'll be cruising around the forums then.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownd View Post
    They call me Brownd. I like videogames and helped translate some to spanish. I'm also kind of an arrogant audiophile.
    Ended up on this forum on many ocassions so I decided to make an account already.
    So yeah whatever

Hope I have a good time here
    Hola. Even though I'm Hispanic, I'm working on my Spanish. lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmingly Miserable View Post
    Hola. Even though I'm Hispanic, I'm working on my Spanish. lol
    lol, seguro con el tiempo te acostumbrarás

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi everyone! Been a member for a few months now, thought i'd make my first post, finally.
    Last edited by Kojane; 10-03-2013 at 06:54 AM.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownd View Post
    lol, seguro con el tiempo te acostumbrarás
    Intento cada dia.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fizz7283 View Post
    Hi everyone, my names amber, just joined the site. Been listening to NIN since 99 (I was 12) when I heard my sister listening to PHM and asked her if I could borrow her CD. She never got it back, I still have it! It sure got a lot of play time in my stereo. Haha.

I've got tickets for both Vegas shows in November and getting more excited as the dates get closer! I've unfortunately never been able to go to a NIN show so I am very ecstatic about getting tickets for both nights and at the joint of all places. Such a great venue for reznor to play at.

By the way, I'm not going to lie and say nine inch nails is my favorite band... They fall behind tool. That is my real love for music right there lol I don't care how many years it takes for a new album.
    The same can be said for Nine Inch Nails, too :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The New Introduction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The_Prowler View Post
    The same can be said for Nine Inch Nails, too :P
    Haha yes it can. Just to give you a clue as to what a weirdo fan of tool I am though...
    I'm sure I could throw a nine inch nails decal into the mix somewhere lol

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    So, I'm still relatively new around here but I just want to say that I love you all.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Re: The New Introduction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Charmingly Miserable View Post
    So, I'm still relatively new around here but I just want to say that I love you all.
    http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...59-List-of-Luv

I think that is what you were looking for, no worries though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Been a fan/lurker for a few years now...so better late than never, I suppose. Hi everyone!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fizz7283 View Post
    Haha yes it can. Just to give you a clue as to what a weirdo fan of tool I am though...
    I'm sure I could throw a nine inch nails decal into the mix somewhere lol

The only time someone can say "that guy's driving a real Tool-mobile", and be talking about how awesome it is instead of how douchebaggy it is.

Is that a terrible pun? Absolutely. Am I ashamed of it? A little. Do I care? Not one damn bit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all. New here, but been listening to NIN since oh, 1989
    Last edited by Calla lily; 11-10-2013 at 07:04 AM. Reason: I can't spell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hello all - I'm not new but rejoined since the reboot. I've been a NIN fan since 1989, watching their videos on Chicago's JBTV. I originally joined ETS in 2005 in the With Teeth era. In the years since, I've grown up, gotten married (even my new initials are ETS) and relocated from Chicago to Colorado Springs in 2012. I'm a big fan of the new album and I just can't get over how good the touring band has become with Pino, Lisa and Sharlotte's additions.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calla lily View Post
    Hi all. New here, but been listing to NIN since oh, 1989
    Liar.

My name is tony, how ya doin?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ah, listening. A fan, whatever

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well this is all quite foreign...I was around in 98'-99' Ninternet chatting. Quite different now..and I'm pretty opposed to the whole evolution of technology and don't participate in much of this kind of stuff. Guess I was just curious about those people I use to talk to and hope they all made it thru all right. The name I use is the same as then. Anyway, I guess this is where boredom takes you. Well, here I am.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    did i mention...this is not like what i remembered...this actually is no good at all...like sterile...like staring at a hospital wall...no one to say shut up...this is the future?...no..this is now. what a shame. Hey...to those that may see this that know my name...miss ya...jen...tinman...persephone....ethan...holden.. .leviathan...etc....haha...more is not always better..what a sterile, lack-luster introduction. well, take care.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hello peepz,
    Just signed up to these forums after waking up from being passed out for the last few hours due to being hella tired after back to back NIN shows in 2 different countries...
    I really should be going back to sleep... instead i'm saying Hello... so Hello!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Glad to see some 2005 posters here, when I first joined. I hope all old forum were deleted, cause I posted to much bs. Still nerd/geek, I am not going to win number one NIN fan, but I am fan of this board. Admire all Mr. Reznor works. I like music, but lately I got caught in books and series fever. I am going to miss Breaking Bad and I stopped annoying GRRM to write already next book.