Page 29 of 69 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast

Thread: The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (2011)

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Unless things change, the vinyl release is exclusive to the deluxe edition. Additionally, it would seem the majority of the justified cost of the deluxe version is the six vinyl set. I'm betting there will not be a regular vinyl release.
    I think the majority of the cost of the deluxe version is probably the signatures.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Unless things change, the vinyl release is exclusive to the deluxe edition. Additionally, it would seem the majority of the justified cost of the deluxe version is the six vinyl set. I'm betting there will not be a regular vinyl release.
    What do you think are the chances of a vinyl over in the UK with it being released by Mute?

Edit: I'd be very surprised if there wasn't at least a promo vinyl from some country
    Last edited by Jon; 12-09-2011 at 04:00 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Damnit, left my good headphones at home. Now I'll have to premiere this album on my iPhone buds
    Still on song two, so nothing new yet. I guess I should visit this thread again in a few hours when people start discussing the tracks.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Henrie_Schnee View Post
    This is MY KIND OF DAY: A new Reznor record in the morning, a Rammstein concert in the evening... life is beautiful.

[now listening for the very first time]
    a climax versus an anti-climax

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    A Thousand Details. ZOMGG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You've heard it already but What if we could? is so damn beautiful. That's an Oscar winning track right there.

Anybody else getting Silent Hill vibes from a lot of these?
    Last edited by Emil Dorbell; 12-09-2011 at 04:35 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    instant eargasm. just touching the 2nd track

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Hmmm... My .rar file of the HD download has strange dates on all of the files for when they were last edited ranging from 1980 to 2039. Perhaps the beginning of a new ARG? Or just files being dingles and me over thinking it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've been listening to this for what seems like forever, and I'm only halfway through. So far it ranges from "amazing" through "beautiful" to "background music". All of it is good though.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Still nothing from iTunes. I've been charged $22.99 (????) from my gift card balance, but the only order that appears in my account is for a $.99 copy of Immigrant Song - despite having very clearly clicked on the album pre-order link, and not a single track. Nothing but automated replies from Apple reports. Any ideas?

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    What do you think are the chances of a vinyl over in the UK with it being released by Mute?

Edit: I'd be very surprised if there wasn't at least a promo vinyl from some country

Considering that the vinyl version is six discs long, I would assume they're not going to cut a separate and incredibly limited run for promotional purposes... You take the promo copies out of the stock from a regular pressing for a vinyl version, especially if it's an incredibly long release like this.

Who knows... it could happen. It doesn't seem likely imo, but they might do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    I think the majority of the cost of the deluxe version is probably the signatures.
    That might be a large part of the incentive for people to buy it, but it doesn't cost Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross anything to sign the copies. If you're going to release a large and extensive vinyl package, it's costly to produce it, and you need to recoup those costs. Has the deluxe edition even sold out yet?

It's all speculation, but I'd be shocked if they were to announce a cheaper vinyl release before the deluxe copies have even sold out.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    some interesting things in the liner notes:
    -Is Your Love Strong Enough and Immigrant Song were produced by David Fincher? WTF? didn't know he was a musical sort of dude
    -Mariqueen has vocals on some tracks
    -They thank 42 entertainment in there. that's pretty much a confirmation that they are behind the viral marketing/arg for this movie, isn't it?
    -They also thank "David Byrnes" in there. I really hope that's a typo and they meant David Byrne

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)

Considering that the vinyl version is six discs long, I would assume they're not going to cut a separate and incredibly limited run for promotional purposes... You take the promo copies out of the stock from a regular pressing for a vinyl version, especially if it's an incredibly long release like this.

Who knows... it could happen. It doesn't seem likely imo, but they might do it.
    using Ghosts I-IV as a reference, most of the foreign promos were 1 CD instead of 2... it would be neat to have, say, a 2-3 Vinyl version of TGWTDT

EDIT: also, 6-Vinyl is good for a nice audiophile, limited deluxe box set, but 2-3 Vinyl is more than enough for promo purposes.
    Last edited by Jon; 12-09-2011 at 06:24 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'll repeat my question as no-ones answered it, and obviously some of you have now heard it (Bastards!!!):-

Apart from the Led Zep song, is it mostly piano music, or do we get some heavy too? Or even just some drone style guitar?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I have no real comments or thoughts to contribute that haven't already been said by others. Great soundtrack. Simple as that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Goddamn, I wish I could download this. Anyone else having this problem? I keep clicking on the download link from my receipt (from Topspin), only to read this:

Download Unavailable

Looks like the file you tried to download is currently unavailable. This could be a temporary issue, so try again in a little while. Contact Customer Support if this problem continues.

Fuck!

Edit: Never mind. It finally worked once I clicked on "live receipt".

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    ^ thanks for that hint, the email download link wasn't working for me either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zipfinator View Post
    Hmmm... My .rar file of the HD download has strange dates on all of the files for when they were last edited ranging from 1980 to 2039. Perhaps the beginning of a new ARG? Or just files being dingles and me over thinking it.
    Yeah I noticed this too...

So what might the dates signify?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The GWTDT soundtrack is simply amazing. I'm on my second listen now, and it surpasses Trent and Atticus' work on the Social Network and Ghosts. In fact, I think this could be the potential they were hoping to achieve for the Ghosts release all those years ago. This music is haunting and beautiful. I think the partnership they have struck up with David Fincher is very fortunate. The worst part is the abbreviation of Trent and Atticus to 'T&A' - it's like a bad '80s movie...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by caturday View Post

Thought maybe if I converted the dates to unix timestamps (seconds since the epoch 1 Jan 1970 00:00:00) and treated those as lat/lon coords, the pairs (tracks 1/2, 3/4, ... 39/pdf) would plot to somewhere useful. Good thing I started with the last pair, since the timestamp for the pdf results in either a longitude of 183 (outside of the range of longitudinal coords) or 18.3x (in the Arctic Circle).

What else can we do?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Horican View Post
    Is Your Love Strong Enough and Immigrant Song were produced by David Fincher? WTF? didn't know he was a musical sort of dude
    It's not odd for the director to take a producing credit on a soundtrack. Michael Mann is listed as a producer on a few of his soundtracks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My receipt email still had the download link grayed out this morning, but when I clicked on the "Live Receipt" link on the very top it took me to a topspin page where my receipt actually did have the download link blue and available. So if people are still having issues with their original receipt email try clicking that top link and see if it's live for you like it was for me.

2mins left of download for me.... twiddling thumbs...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well I'm still getting the iTunes 5002 error, don't know if anyone else is. Guess I'm buying it again here in the next bit. Damn you all for making it sound so awesome!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    hmm... i have two different Oraculum songs... one of those is supposed to be Great Bird of Prey... interesting. does anyone else have this mistake?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burn. View Post
    Q's voice sounds more mature this time around.
    I agree. The destroy angels EP didn't do much for me, but her voice on Is Your Love Strong Enough has knocked my socks off...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    there is a difference between having a credit for producing (or usually,executive producing, like here) the soundtrack album and having a specific production credit (as in "produced by trent reznor, atticus ross and david fincher") for a specific song. the second one implies actual involvement in the musical production of the song. still, good point

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zipfinator View Post

Thought maybe if I converted the dates to unix timestamps (seconds since the epoch 1 Jan 1970 00:00:00) and treated those as lat/lon coords, the pairs (tracks 1/2, 3/4, ... 39/pdf) would plot to somewhere useful. Good thing I started with the last pair, since the timestamp for the pdf results in either a longitude of 183 (outside of the range of longitudinal coords) or 18.3x (in the Arctic Circle).

What else can we do?
    This is typical of things I've downloaded from topspin. I wouldn't spend too much time chasing this one. I've assumed it's got something to do with the way they've got things setup.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It won't scrobble on last.fm because WMP can'T read the tracks's length, I had to enter all the information of all the tracks myself. I can't scroll through the tracks, but maybe that's a good thing...we're so inclined to do so nowadays and it's disrespectful to the artists. And it forces me into the music.

AND DAMN IT'S AN AWESOME SOUNDTRACK SO FAR!!!! (I'm only on track 5)

And the cover done by How To Destroy Angels sounds amazing!

Loving everything I'm hearing!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsJustDave View Post
    This is typical of things I've downloaded from topspin. I wouldn't spend too much time chasing this one. I've assumed it's got something to do with the way they've got things setup.
    I've downloaded two other things recently, and the tracks seem to have reasonable mtimes...

Also are we sure that this download is coming from topspin? And that the zip was created by them?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Funny...it's pouring rain here today and listening to the soundtrack...the music is very fitting to the weather right now.