Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67
Results 1,981 to 2,010 of 2047

Thread: The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (2011)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    Okay. Just to be sure I'm not That Guy—because we all hate That Guy—I have finished an hour-long excavation of this thread and found no answer to my question. So I shall now ask it, hoping that, even if there is no answer, I will not be bitch-slapped by people screaming "read the fucking thread."

Do we know if a non-deluxe package, vinyl-only release is coming at some point in the future, or is the six-LP set now and forever exclusively available as a part of the deluxe set? I only buy vinyl, but if vinyl is not going to be coming out, I'll shell out for FLAC.
    Unless things change, the vinyl release is exclusive to the deluxe edition. Additionally, it would seem the majority of the justified cost of the deluxe version is the six vinyl set. I'm betting there will not be a regular vinyl release.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 12-09-2011 at 03:27 AM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Unless things change, the vinyl release is exclusive to the deluxe edition. Additionally, it would seem the majority of the justified cost of the deluxe version is the six vinyl set. I'm betting there will not be a regular vinyl release.
    I think the majority of the cost of the deluxe version is probably the signatures.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    What do you think are the chances of a vinyl over in the UK with it being released by Mute?

Edit: I'd be very surprised if there wasn't at least a promo vinyl from some country

Considering that the vinyl version is six discs long, I would assume they're not going to cut a separate and incredibly limited run for promotional purposes... You take the promo copies out of the stock from a regular pressing for a vinyl version, especially if it's an incredibly long release like this.

Who knows... it could happen. It doesn't seem likely imo, but they might do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    I think the majority of the cost of the deluxe version is probably the signatures.
    That might be a large part of the incentive for people to buy it, but it doesn't cost Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross anything to sign the copies. If you're going to release a large and extensive vinyl package, it's costly to produce it, and you need to recoup those costs. Has the deluxe edition even sold out yet?

It's all speculation, but I'd be shocked if they were to announce a cheaper vinyl release before the deluxe copies have even sold out.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)

Considering that the vinyl version is six discs long, I would assume they're not going to cut a separate and incredibly limited run for promotional purposes... You take the promo copies out of the stock from a regular pressing for a vinyl version, especially if it's an incredibly long release like this.

Who knows... it could happen. It doesn't seem likely imo, but they might do it.
    using Ghosts I-IV as a reference, most of the foreign promos were 1 CD instead of 2... it would be neat to have, say, a 2-3 Vinyl version of TGWTDT

EDIT: also, 6-Vinyl is good for a nice audiophile, limited deluxe box set, but 2-3 Vinyl is more than enough for promo purposes.
    Last edited by Jon; 12-09-2011 at 06:24 AM.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    What do you think are the chances of a vinyl over in the UK with it being released by Mute?

Edit: I'd be very surprised if there wasn't at least a promo vinyl from some country
    Last edited by Jon; 12-09-2011 at 04:00 AM.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    I only buy vinyl
    Jihad to that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I've never had all 3 programs not work and I'm afraid to use anything else because of transcoding
    I usually use http://www.keepvid.com for grabbing videos, but that doesn't work for Pitchfork. Which 3 programs are you using?

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kernunrex View Post
    I usually use http://www.keepvid.com for grabbing videos, but that doesn't work for Pitchfork. Which 3 programs are you using?
    jaksta, getflv, and a custom command-line used to demux the .flv, i changed it around to just grab the .flv as a whole

Edit: the command-line uses VLC if it helps anyone figure this out. i'm not sure if it's my computer or what but all of the .flv's i save have a slight pause between 0:01-0:02 of the video
    Last edited by Jon; 12-11-2011 at 02:42 AM.