Page 47 of 60 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1794

Thread: NIN Live 2022 SPOILERS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    OMG, Sunspots?! So jealous of everyone who got to see it, it sounded absolutely brilliant! Ilan nailed those high vocals! Sunspots has got to be one of my top three most favourite NIN tracks ever, so to see that it's finally been played is extremely awesome. These shows have been packed with so many surprises!

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon Blackfire View Post

I remember years ago during a Spiral chat when someone asked Trent if they would ever play Sunspots, We're In This Together, and And All That Could Have Been, and his answer was "yes, maybe, and yes."
    I'm pretty sure there was 10 Miles High instead of Sunsports in that question.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Wasn’t it The Perfect Drug, WITT and AATCHB?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Somehow, after 29yrs of listening to this band last night was the first time i got to see them live. You know how sometimes you build things up and then they disappoint? This was the opposite of that. I could not have picked a better personal setlist and when the keyboards started for heresy I lost it! Amazing show

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    As of last night, Ilan Rubin has drummed 283 NIN shows, tying Chris Vrenna's (roughly) 283 NIN shows (about 8 of those Chris didn't drum).

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Speaking of WITT, @fillow , how come there was so little live footage of it recorded when it was performed in 2007? It seems like only the OSR show has any decent quality video footage of it. This person edited some together:

With the amount of NIN footage recorded and archived throughout the 90’s, I’m surprised so little of WITT surfaced.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Speaking of WITT, @fillow, how come there was so little live footage of it recorded when it was performed in 2007? It seems like only the OSR show has any decent quality video footage of it. This person edited some together:
    It wasn't as ubiquitous to have a high quality video camera with you everywhere you go back then as it is now. The first iPhone was still a couple months from release at the time. Those were still the days of people holding up lighters at concerts, rather than phones.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I'm not sure about that but I can't find the Q&As archived anywhere to check and make sure. Boy 10 Miles High would be absolutely mind-blowing though, can you imagine that as an encore opener? Chills. That and The New Flesh (in full) are two huge longshots I would die for.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Speaking of WITT, @fillow , how come there was so little live footage of it recorded when it was performed in 2007? It seems like only the OSR show has any decent quality video footage of it. This person edited some together:

With the amount of NIN footage recorded and archived throughout the 90’s, I’m surprised so little of WITT surfaced.
    There’s reasonable captures of the Manchester 2007 performance, but I don’t know if they’re on YouTube. I’ll check my archive tomorrow.

But speaking of the OSR show, the quality of the teaser trailer for it is so much higher than the stream capture, it means that’s sitting in the NIN vaults.. unless (and I still hold out hope) someone convinced the stream to fire out at a higher quality then the circulating copy and it’ll surface one day

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Somewhere deep in the vaults of some Portuguese tv channel there is a full proshot recording of debut performance of WITT. We only got to see/hear about 30 sec of it in the news coverage

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    So. What's our official list of songs with vocals NIN *reasonably* has yet to play?

As much as we'd love to hear a Leaving Hope or a Zoo Station, I'm talking songs with vocals that also aren't super obscure (largely just songs from albums).

Looking at the NINWiki page, I think this is the full list of what I'm calling "normal songs," aka fairly standard songs that should translate perfectly well to a live environment:

Where Is Everybody?
    I'm Looking Forward To Joining You, Finally
    Underneath It All
    My Violent Heart
    Zero-Sum
    Demon Seed
    The Idea Of You
    Not Anymore

And then there's the extended Fragile stuff, which absolutely could make an appearance, but which I'd also put lower on the totem pole in terms of my expectations:

10 Miles High
    +Appendage
    The New Flesh

I think all that's left then is Purest Feeling, Memorabilia, and Zoo Station, which like I said at the start, are obscure enough that I can't imagine Trent has ever seriously considered them.

We could open a whole can of worms about instrumental stuff, as I'm sure there's a bunch we'd love to hear, especially anything from Still, but I thought it would be fun to make a focused list like the 8 above to see what's left that could most reasonably make an appearance in the future.

I've said it before, but with the growing popularity of bands performing albums in full, I think it's not impossible for us to one day see a tour of The Fragile in its entirety. They could bring Mike Garson along and play the full version (i.e. with the vinyl/cassette tracks), and we could all die happy.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I would love for A Minute to Breathe to get played. Underrated track that I forgot about until it came on shuffle today.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    lol, listening to the Manchester show right now, and super amused at the audience wresting control of EDIETS from the band during the fade-out quiet bit. That'll teach ya to subvert expectations, Trent!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xolotl View Post
    lol, listening to the Manchester show right now, and super amused at the audience wresting control of EDIETS from the band during the fade-out quiet bit. That'll teach ya to subvert expectations, Trent!
    I just watched that on YouTube! You can tell Trent was taken aback and moved by the whole thing. To me, a moment like that is more surprising and exciting than getting to hear a song they've never played before!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The audience taking over/chanting is fairly usual for a NIN show at the Manchester Apollo. Vivid memories of the “don’t you” part of starfuckers going the same way.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    ^^There was a UK gig from 2007 (I think) where TR commented something like "come on, you can do better, I've heard your football chants"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I can see most of the songs NIN hasn't played yet being difficult to pull off -- I mean, the insane samples that Underneath It All is built over would mean there's not much of the song that could be done live, for instance -- but some, like Not Anymore, The Idea of You, and Where Is Everybody seem like they'd be relatively straightforward, so I'm curious as to why those have never made an appearance.

As for I'm Looking Forward to Joining You, Finally, I feel like the strange percussion of that song meant that the time we were most likely to get it would have been during the Ghosts sections of the Lights in the Sky tour. (Getting that with standup bass instead of Ghosts Piggy from time to time would have been awesome.)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I assume that I'm Looking Forward... hasn't been played due to the emotional and personal nature of the lyrics, rather than the challenge of actually performing it. I think it might finally appear when we get an 'unplugged'/Still-style tour which I believe/hope might happen at some point in the next decade or so... Or of course if there was a full Fragile mini-tour.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Just have to assume any un-played Fragile stuff on this year's tour will be addressed when they do a Fragile 25 Year Anniversary Tour in Fall of 2024

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    I assume that I'm Looking Forward... hasn't been played due to the emotional and personal nature of the lyrics, rather than the challenge of actually performing it.
    Yeah, my assumption has always been that it's a personal song and not one he wants to revisit. It's also a slower song, which means you'd have to find the right spot in a set for it.

Quote Originally Posted by gorny540 View Post
    Just have to assume any un-played Fragile stuff on this year's tour will be addressed when they do a Fragile 25 Year Anniversary Tour in Fall of 2024
    As long as they're done touring to support the new double album by then!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Holy shit Jimmy Page was in the house last night!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    There wasn't much footage but I just did a multicam edit of the Everything debut. Might do the same with Sunspots

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon Blackfire View Post
    omg I have been dying just thinking about it.

It's a shame they got Covid in the US but I'm so thankful they recovered and continued to perform as strongly as ever for you fans across the pond.
    The didn't get Covid, they cancelled the US tour so they and anybody attending *wouldn't* get Covid.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LexTron6K View Post
    The didn't get Covid, they cancelled the US tour so they and anybody attending *wouldn't* get Covid.
    He's talking about this year. The band got COVID at the end of the spring US shows, but luckily recovered in time for the UK shows.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Has there been any sign of Hellfest being streamed?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    Full sets of pretty much all the major bands there so far are already on youtube, so it's possible. But it's also possible NIN has it in their contract that their set doesn't get streamed. Remains to be seen.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    No stream based on ARTE/Hellfest's social media update:#1379

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    No stream based on ARTE/Hellfest's social media update:#1379
    It might still be filmed like Reading 2013.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    ^^There was a UK gig from 2007 (I think) where TR commented something like "come on, you can do better, I've heard your football chants"
    Yep, that was 25/2/2007 in Manchester, and then the following night at the same venue the "don't you" chant happened.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    Yep, that was 25/2/2007 in Manchester, and then the following night at the same venue the "don't you" chant happened.
    I forgot about that. I was at the show on the 26th. IIRC there was some remark about "aren't Manchester audiences meant to be hardcore" at that show.