Page 477 of 528 FirstFirst ... 377 427 467 475 476 477 478 479 487 527 ... LastLast
Results 14,281 to 14,310 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Seems like a lot of artists are streaming old concerts for fans due to all the stay at home initiatives. This would be the perfect time to stream / release that TDS era proshot that was shelved for Closure.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckaroo View Post
    Seems like a lot of artists are streaming old concerts for fans due to all the stay at home initiatives. This would be the perfect time to stream / release that TDS era proshot that was shelved for Closure.
    Tension

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    Tension
    i'd recommend a good massage, but probably not during social distancing.

oh...oh, never mind

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Atticus unloading about the stress of the Golden Globes gives me life

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    I am finding it hard to get over how prophetic Corona Radiata into The Four of Us Are Dying was.

A virus borne of animals, no less, then the former song has a sample at the end featuring hostile cat meowing.
    Last edited by Erneuert; 03-31-2020 at 06:16 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I seriously don't get how people hate "Starfuckers, Inc." That song rocks so fucking hard. It's absolutely incredible how much you can hear going on in that song with a good system.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I used to skip starfuckers inc every time because I thought it didn't fit in the Fragile, but a few years ago it hit me and now I really like it. Was pleasantly surprised when it was played during night 1 of Chicago 2018.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    I seriously don't get how people hate "Starfuckers, Inc." That song rocks so fucking hard. It's absolutely incredible how much you can hear going on in that song with a good system.
    the lyrics are goofy & he yells the words "Starfuckers Incorporated" over and over and over. It's hard for people to listen to that alot. You're not wrong about the instrumental...it's fantastic and very layered. I don't hate it, but i don't seek it out. Hearing it live two years ago when I never really turn it on myself was a nice little treat.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    It’s strange to think that he left 10 Miles High and/or a bunch of other stuff off The Fragile but had no qualms leaving that song on it.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    It’s strange to think that he left 10 Miles High and/or a bunch of other stuff off The Fragile but had no qualms leaving that song on it.
    That alone defeats any argument of Trent thinking better on drugs

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    That alone defeats any argument of Trent thinking better on drugs
    Though he wasn't on drugs

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Akin to Gary Numan recently doing some acoustic versions of songs for the fans, I, personally, would love to see TR do one for... Zero-Sum.

Shame on us, doomed from the start. May God have mercy on our dirty little hearts.

No better time than now for that one.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Also, during The Warning, why do my ears always hear “you’ve become a violent (virus) that’s keeping (killing) off his host”?

I’ve always found it so hard to hear the actual lyrics.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Akin to Gary Numan recently doing some acoustic versions of songs for the fans, I, personally, would love to see TR do one for... Zero-Sum.

Shame on us, doomed from the start. May God have mercy on our dirty little hearts.

No better time than now for that one.
    Unpopular opinion perhaps—but I like the YEARZEROREMIXED version of Zero-Sum more than the original.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    Unpopular opinion perhaps—but I like the YEARZEROREMIXED version of Zero-Sum more than the original.
    I’d prefer that too, with the cleaner vocals.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I want a mashup of Letting Go While Holding On and Pinion as an intro for a live show.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    I want a mashup of Letting Go While Holding On and Pinion as an intro for a live show.
    It sounds like they both have the same melody too. If not the same then pretty close. Maybe that mashup could actually work for a live intro.
    Last edited by zeegrizzle; 04-07-2020 at 04:18 AM.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    It ought to be mandatory to use this gif any time TR won’t answer or is reluctant to give away more information about something (credited to @TheBang ).

https://i.imgur.com/Vv5188p.gif

As a matter of fact, make it an emoticon.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    For a company that sure seems to be analytics-heavy, Spotify clearly doesn't know anything about me. I had to type all the way to "Burning Brig" before it suggested the right song instead of "Burning Brides". What I get for being too lazy to just go into my own music library I guess.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    For a company that sure seems to be analytics-heavy, Spotify clearly doesn't know anything about me. I had to type all the way to "Burning Brig" before it suggested the right song instead of "Burning Brides". What I get for being too lazy to just go into my own music library I guess.
    i have to type my ENTIRE name (everson poe) to get my stuff to show up in the search, despite following my artist page AND having stuff in my library. do they want me to hate myself? i don't get it.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    The lyrics for Dear World, are so relevant right now in this current state of things. It's uncanny.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I'm not sure where to post this, as not directly NIN related, but a venue... so if it is more appropriate for somewhere else, please let met know!

Not sure how I got on this list, but I just got an email about an audio-centered webinar series, and the first one one Friday, April 19 is about the design and management of the sound system at Royal Albert Hall. Figured there may be some interest in that here.

Designing & Managing the World’s Largest Single-Room Speaker System at the Royal Albert Hall

Join us for a discussion with the manufacturers, solution designers, integrators and the Royal Albert Hall Head of Production. Learn how they addressed these challenges in a recent make-over of acoustics, reinforcement and infrastructure, leading the way for live events in to the 21st century.

The Royal Albert Hall is perhaps England’s most iconic venue, with a 150-year history of live events across arts, sports and politics. As is often the case with venues built before the advent of electronic sound reinforcement, this venue was known as an acoustically challenging space for audio teams. Join us for a discussion with the manufacturers, solution designers, integrators and the Royal Albert Hall Head of Production. Learn how they addressed these challenges in a recent make-over of acoustics, reinforcement and infrastructure, leading the way for live events in to the 21st century

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    https://www.wired.co.uk/article/roya...ics-renovation

If you're more of a reader than a webinar person, this is a great article about the redesign. Even name-drops Nine Inch Nails...maybe you signed up for something or other around the time they played there, Sarah?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    So, Hurt is very clearly about a man who kills himself, who was an IV drug user. The album is dedicated to Jeff Ward.

Is Hurt about Jeff?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    If anyone here has any footage from Lollapalooza 2008 NIN show, now would be a great time to share it with me as I'm in early stages of working on a multicam edit of it.
    I'm not gonna do as extensive search for raw material as I did for the shows I myself attended, but I thought I'd ask here anyway. Otherwise I'm gonna go with Youtube material.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    'Your New Normal' is almost kooky enough to be a track from a TR&AR-scored rendition of The Addams Family.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Sometimes, I really miss Meathead. His take on albums and all nin-related news was always funny or at least, entertaining.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I can't remember that there has ever been a release with so little promotion accompanying it. I mean even the scorework had some sort of interview or other press work as far as I remember. And now we have TWO new NIN albums and only the short post on nin.com and nothing else.

It is a little disappointing to me as I'd like to know more about the creation of it and am kind of still waiting for an interview to pop up in the NIN spotting thread.
    Last edited by SchwarzerAbt; 04-21-2020 at 05:24 PM. Reason: zhere was a mistake

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SchwarzerAbt View Post
    I can't remember that zhere has ever been a release with so little promotion accompanying it. I mean even the scorework had some sort of Interview or other press work as far as I remember. And now we have TWO new NIN albums and only the short post on nin.com and nothing else.
    I guess, The Slip?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HWB View Post
    I guess, The Slip?
    Are you joking? The word-of-mouth promotion was fucking massive. Free album! Independent from the big greedy label! And just two months since previous one! And then LITS tour happened.
    Last edited by fillow; 04-22-2020 at 12:24 AM.