Page 377 of 528 FirstFirst ... 277 327 367 375 376 377 378 379 387 427 477 ... LastLast
Results 11,281 to 11,310 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If they start doing interludes during the live shows like what they did with The Loop Closes I'm hoping any future interludes are outtakes from Deviations (especially Was It Worth It)

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    This is pretty much out of the blue, but was there ever a reason given why the CD version of The Slip was numbered? 250k is a pretty big limited run.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    This is pretty much out of the blue, but was there ever a reason given why the CD version of The Slip was numbered? 250k is a pretty big limited run.
    It was going to be 25k Domestic and unlimited worldwide originally, 25k just for the collectors really. Then at some point it changed, either from logistics or from fan response to the collectible one being so rare, so I assume he made the entire printing contract limited instead

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    The way Trent performs The Lovers is the exact way he can do Zero-Sum, Idea of You, and Dear World live. All songs have distant spoken word vocals and could be done with that voice box thing he has.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrickooo View Post

Lyttelton, Christchurch, New Zealand
    I bet the missing sandbag orders are in those crates , definitely.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    It was going to be 25k Domestic and unlimited worldwide originally, 25k just for the collectors really. Then at some point it changed, either from logistics or from fan response to the collectible one being so rare, so I assume he made the entire printing contract limited instead
    anytime i come across a decently priced The Slip, i buy it just for the sake of it. they've all been pretty high numbers but what the hell.. the day i actually own three consecutive numbers ill be doing the happy dance and jumping for joy..

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clarktrent View Post
    I'd be on my hands and knees all night until my wrists break in order to get a Hesitation Marks instrumental
    I just want the multitracks released so that I can hear what weird shit people might do with All Time Low or In Two

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    The way Trent performs The Lovers is the exact way he can do Zero-Sum, Idea of You, and Dear World live. All songs have distant spoken word vocals and could be done with that voice box thing he has.
    He also sang The Warning with walkie-talkies! It looked silly, but he made it work.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Literally every day I check the store if Quake and AV Vinyl are for sale yet

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Literally every day I check the store if Quake and AV Vinyl are for sale yet
    Shipping November 2017. Arriving summer 2018. Replacement shipping winter 2018.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by baudolino View Post
    Josh talks extensively about playing for NIN and other stuff at the final third.

https://www.redbullradio.com/shows/p...s/july-28-2017
    Thanks for this, the story of who plays the baritone sax in While I'm Still Here makes me even more confused about why Trent didn't play it himself

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The Day The World Went Away > Adrift And At Peace > The Mark Has Been Made > 10 Miles High

these go so well in that order

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Perfect Drug quotes Love Is A Stranger by The Eurythmics. Was just listening to the latter for the first time in ages and it dawned on my that they both have repeated "And I Want You" sections and a shared lyrical theme.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LosingFocus View Post
    The Perfect Drug quotes Love Is A Stranger by The Eurythmics. Was just listening to the latter for the first time in ages and it dawned on my that they both have repeated "And I Want You" sections and a shared lyrical theme.
    That's a stretch.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Too bad And All The Could Have Been live DVD couldn't be reissued in better quality. I'm sure the original source video is better quality. I wonder if it could possibly get an HD re-release.

And speaking of the track And All That Could Have Been itself, as well as the other Still tracks, I wish we could get a 24 bit remaster. I hope there is a second Fragile Deviation because from the sounds of it, it seemed like Trent had more music than the several instrumentals we got.

I'd love a huge super deluxe CD package with The Fragile original album remastered, the Deviation 1 instrumentals, another disc of Still and additional material, and a CD and HD Blu-ray reissue of the And All That Could Have Been live release. So 6 CDs and Blu-ray. It's doable. I wish bands would stop including DVD as a standard in deluxe packages. I think most folk moved on to Blu-ray by now. Amon Tobin did something interesting for his ISAM Live DVD. The DVD included an HD file that you could pull off to watch in better quality. So you got the best of both worlds on a single DVD.

But if anything, the song And All That Could Have Been needs a 24 bit remaster... for real.

It'll be awesome if after the albums, Trent reissued all of the singles. Or at least made packages for each album that brings all of the singles' b-sides/remixes together. The Downward Spiral could definitely have an awesome remix compilation album, if you took all of the Further Down The Spiral remixes and combined them with the Closer and March Of The Pigs singles plus any b-sides like Burn and Dead Souls.

There's so much great non-album material, I hope it gets some love as well and not just the albums.
    Last edited by neorev; 08-06-2017 at 01:40 PM.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    I don't think the original source video for AATCHB is any better, because it was filmed using consumer grade mini DV cameras. In fact, there's some artifacting here and there that could potentially look even worse in an HD presentation. It would be great to have a Blu-ray version so that it's all on one disc with both the DTS and Dolby sound (and maybe some new extras, too) but the picture quality will most likely never improve.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Too bad AATCHB is just riddled with continuity errors. I mean...little shit like "oops he's on the microphone with one tape spike and two shots later he's on the mic with two tape spikes, even though he never changed mics" is not a problem for me. But "oh hey, indoor concert - wait, no outdoors! - jk we're back inside again" kind of ruins the experience for me. The visuals for the tour and the overall direction of the VHS/DVD are great, but the lack of continuity makes it really distracting for me. I know some people don't notice or aren't bothered by that type of thing, but I have a hard time staying focused when things keep changing.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    my main issue with AATCHB as i've said before is the horrible audio artifacting on the CD release. how hard would it have been to properly dither the audio so that it hadn't happened?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    AATCHB reissue can still be a thing, video quality isn't the only thing that can be improved.
    They can patch the concert with some alternate shots/angles, add some missing songs from the tour (Somewhat Damaged, GDML, Even Deeper, The Fragile, I'm sure at least some of this was played at the filmed shows), add complete live footage for TDTWWA, throw in some rehearsal stuff.
    I hope that one day they'll release an HQ update of that Somewhat Damaged clip from 1.0 tour, the one that's only available in shitty .mov quality.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I would like a new deluxe edition of AATCHB of not just the entire concert film remastered but more alternate footage, the entire 1.0 tour special from MTV and the 2.0 tour from MTV2 plus videos from The Fragile era and a new documentary about that whole period of making The Fragile to the release of AATCHB with interviews from Trent, Robin, Danny, Charlie, and others involved in that tour.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ok, I will bet. This is only my opinion after listen/analyze lyrics. I don't think AV is a YZ prequel. I know a NIN happy ending is very rare, but the third EP will be about a revolution (Trent uses that word sometimes) and surely a victory, and it will sound like WT or a WT-YZ mix. The relationship with YZ will be simple: YZ (2022) is the imaginative reference of the revolution (remember the presence is something abstract), if they don't win against the hegemonic power, YZ will be come true.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    two random thoughts:
    1) I've been mainly listening to the new stuff on my commute (i.e., less than ideal). I had a chance to listen through w/ some nice headphones in a quiet room over the weekend and WOW. there is a LOT more compositional density to the new stuff than I had been thinking. really really well composed stuff -- not at all the surface level stuff I had sort of been thinking it was.
    2) someone on here recently made a post to the effect of "hey, remember discipline? it's a great song." and... yeah, fuck -- whoever you were, you were SO RIGHT. it's SO FUCKING GOOD. been my jam the last few days. that's another one that I think I had sort of shoved into the "pretty surface level" and it is -- but there's also a real powerful economy to the songwriting.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I would just love it if a version of AATCHB was released that had the easter eggs available from menus instead of requiring DVD remote cheat codes. I can't even remember the last time I watched a DVD using an old school remote.

Beside You In Time is such a perfect song, the build of it with the steady percussion growing into the climax at the end is one of my favorite examples of Trent's build and release approach to compositions and is a great example of layering effectively rather than having too much shit going on at once. By the end every single distinct element is combining to create something more, and it's beautiful.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    I would just love a holographic version of AATCHB where Robin spills bottles of water all over my face.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Today i brushed my teeth to the rhythm of "The Wretched"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    In an effort to better organize, I have labeled my container of abandoned craft projects the "all that could have bin".

Also contemplating an enhancement to my trash bin that reads, "Give it to me I throw it away"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clarktrent View Post
    I'd be on my hands and knees all night until my wrists break in order to get a Hesitation Marks instrumental
    Can't agree more. would love to see what mini-melodys are buried under his vocals.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slammy79 View Post
    In an effort to better organize, I have labeled my container of abandoned craft projects the "all that could have bin".

Also contemplating an enhancement to my trash bin that reads, "Give it to me I throw it away"
    On one of my old computers, I had sampled a "throw it AWAAAAY" screamy vocal from that song and used it for the emptying the recycle bin sound.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    On one of my old computers, I had sampled a "throw it AWAAAAY" screamy vocal from that song and used it for the emptying the recycle bin sound.
    I had that too, and it played the intro to Ruiner Version when you launched windows. Probably Windows 98 IIRC

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    I had that too, and it played the intro to Ruiner Version when you launched windows. Probably Windows 98 IIRC
    Correct. I had the sound pack as well. Actually still use that Ruiner (version) intro for my ringtone.