Page 7 of 110 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 107 ... LastLast

Thread: A Perfect Circle

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by think i'm a fire engine View Post
    But they hardly did it as a regular four-piece. I apparently can't find my emotive liner notes which listed the contributions for each song, but the wikipedia list has two people doing drums, three doing bass, six doing keys or piano of some kind, three on guitar, three on vocals, four doing programming, one sax, and one on strings. And this on an album where the opener was just maynard/billy, the closer was just maynard, and one in the middle was a remix.
    I've read liner notes here:
    http://www.discogs.com/A-Perfect-Cir...release/677254
    I guess they are taken from the booklet, but so far I failed to find inside scans bigger that these: http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=538601

If this is correct, than we have the following:
    1. Annihilation: arrangement by BH+MJK; guitar by BH; keys and programming by BH+DL
    2. Imagine: arr. by MJK; guitar and bass by BH; drums by JF; piano by MJK and Paz, strings by Paz
    3. Peace & Love: arr. by BH, guitar by BH; strings by Paz; drums by JF; programming by BH+CC
    4. What's Going On: arr. by DL; guitar and bass by BH; drums by JF; programming by CC
    5. Passive: guitars by DL+BH; bass by DL; drums by JF; piano by Paz
    6. Gimme: arr. by MJK; guitar and harmonium by BH; bass by DL; drums by JF
    7. People are People: arr. by BH; guitar bu Iha; bass by Twiggy; keyboards and programming by Iha+BH; drums by JF
    8. Freedom of Choice: arr. by BH; guitar and bass by BH; drums by JF
    9. Let's Have a War: arr. by MJK; guitar and bass by DL; drums by JF
    10. Counting Bodies: arr. by DL; programming by DL ; programmed drums and piano by Estius; sax by Jason Freese
    11. Levee Breakes: arr. by BH; guitar and bass by BH; piano by Paz; drums by JF
    12. Feedle: arr. by MJK

BH = Billy Howerdel; MJK = Maynard James Keenan; DL = Danny Lohner; JF = Josh Freese; Paz = Paz Lenchnatin; Iha = James Iha; Twiggy = Jeordie White; Estius = Joshua Eustis

Probably should've done a table instead of simple text.

Also, I LOVE this album from the start to the very end (can't say the same about live versions of some songs though) and i love People are People much more than DM version.
    Last edited by fillow; 10-18-2012 at 10:12 AM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Pumped.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I'm no longer going to this show Boo.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tried my hand at "The Hollow" at karaoke last week and didn't murder it! I really want them to come back to town. Only time I've seen them was on the Fragility tour, but it was fucking amazing!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    Tried my hand at "The Hollow" at karaoke last week and didn't murder it! I really want them to come back to town. Only time I've seen them was on the Fragility tour, but it was fucking amazing!
    Where do you do your karaoke? Me and my friends are looking for a good joint that will actually have reconizable tunes. Like NIN, APC, Marilyn Manson. popular 90s tunes etc.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Notice the APC section. Live DVD and album on the way.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Screw a DVD, a studio version of "By and Down" would please me more.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    While I will be happy with an APC live DVD, the thought of the 2003/04 live DVD that never got released are still fresh in my mind. I hope they release this but I'm pessimistic.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    More excited for that forthcoming Shining album. Blackjazz was ace.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Where do you do your karaoke? Me and my friends are looking for a good joint that will actually have reconizable tunes. Like NIN, APC, Marilyn Manson. popular 90s tunes etc.
    Funky's on Hastings St.! Right next door to Save-On-Meats. Not a LOT of selection, song-wise, as compared to, say, the Legion on Main and 23rd, but better vibe. It's a dive, but a fun dive.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Exactly how I feel. The live videos I've heard on youtube make it far too hard to hear the song properly. However, anything new and studio quality would keep me quite happy.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Re: A Perfect Circle

I would assume that the live album/DVD would be mixed like crazy to make it sound better than YouTube clips.

I would also like a studio version of By and Down for the record.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I want a DVD containing some of those full-album gigs, as opposed to one where they mostly plated EmOtIvE stuff.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    I want a DVD containing some of those full-album gigs, as opposed to one where they mostly plated EmOtIvE stuff.
    The DVD says Red Rocks, which was the final show in 2004. And their last decent performance. I think they played the hollow twice in a row for the taping. been waiting years for that dvd

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnoorum View Post
    Exactly how I feel. The live videos I've heard on youtube make it far too hard to hear the song properly. However, anything new and studio quality would keep me quite happy.
    It sounded amazing when I saw them last year... but like... come on already. Although, not surprised at all of course.

jaimie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadbent View Post
    The DVD says Red Rocks, which was the final show in 2004. And their last decent performance. I think they played the hollow twice in a row for the taping. been waiting years for that dvd

Wait I'm confused - are you saying they recorded The Hollow twice in 2004 for the taping? I could be wrong but I was at that show and don't recall that...

Either way, if this is the Red Rocks show from 2011 I am just glad they are releasing a show on DVD where I was not in attendance.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    1-How are you sure it's not the 2011 one? Seems weird to wait this long.
    2-Are you saying the band has sucked since then?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    There's nothing to say that the studio version can't be included on the live album as a bonus or something.

In fact, I'd say it's even quite likely. It would give a nice incentive for fans to buy the album, even if they're not interested in the live stuff.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    There's nothing to say that the studio version can't be included on the live album as a bonus or something.

In fact, I'd say it's even quite likely. It would give a nice incentive for fans to buy the album, even if they're not interested in the live stuff.

I wouldn't mind a DVD, but it's been long enough where they should give us at least something. You make a really good point though for the bonus idea included with the DVD. I can see them making it a digital bonus or something to that nature, or having it on the album and available for download as well.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Does anyone know who mixed The Noose live video from aMotion? Because that sounded horrible. Hopefully, the upcoming release is more in vein with Phoenix recording, soundwise.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    They did record the 2011 Red Rocks show for the record.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    1-How are you sure it's not the 2011 one? Seems weird to wait this long.
    2-Are you saying the band has sucked since then?
    1- I'm not sure. I wasn't aware they taped the 2011 performance
    2- Yes

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    i'd definitely prefer the 2004 Red Rocks performance too, but i highly doubt that's what Beavan worked on.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    1- I'm not sure. I wasn't aware they taped the 2011 performance
    2- Yes
    1. Apparently they did.
    2. Then GTFO.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    anything live maynard post 2004 has been meh.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I really couldn't disagree more. Especially on older Tool material, he's swapping out a lot of screaming for singing and added a lot of melodic touches here and there. I'll agree that some of the 2011 APC songs were rough, but those are from a period where Maynard's voice had a very different tone.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Perfect!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post

Perfect!
    That's amazing. Maynard should bring him on tour with them.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    A PERFECT CIRCLE guitarist Billy Howerdel was interviewed by Las Vegas Weekly ahead of the band's sole 2012 show — on December 29 at Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Asked if the band has "a well of songs" that they are waiting to release, Billy said: "Kind of. I mean, I haven't even sprung them on Maynard [Keenan, A PERFECT CIRCLE singer] yet. He may be like, 'Let's do something last minute,' but I kind of doubt it, since we have three days of rehearsal left. But I'm one to bite off more than I can chew."

On the topic of whether there are any plans for A PERFECT CIRCLE to release a follow-up album to 2004's "eMOTIVe", Howerdel said: "I'd love to — when the time is right. It would be awesome. I'm trying to write songs with that in mind, but … right now, I'm focusing most of my energy on a new ASHES DIVIDE record, which is under way with 11 songs. Still working on finishing vocals and writing lyrics, and hopefully get that thing mixed in January or February."

According to Howerdel, he never viewed A PERFECT CIRCLE as a side project, despite the fact that it was billed as such when it was first formed.

"I've never felt that it was a side project," the guitarist said. "That being said, I always knew in the background, Maynard's first band is TOOL, and that's where he's going back to. I didn't have expectations that he was going to be doing an album, tour, album, tour consistently. That would be wishful thinking, but I wouldn't wish that upon the TOOL guys. You get into that very complicated desire versus being sensitive to other people around you. At this point, Maynard's got his fingers in so many pies that it's a welcome thing to me when he says, 'Hey, I've got a hole in my schedule; let's do this.' It's fantastic. He's incredible to work with. He's always got something interesting to offer and unexpected. I'm very lucky to be teamed up with him whenever I can."

After a 13-year run with the band, drummer Josh Freese announced his departure from A PERFECT CIRCLE in October, "with no plans of returning," he wrote on his Twitter profile.

A PERFECT CIRCLE recently confirmed its participation in the 2013 edition of the Soundwave Festival, which kicks off February 23 in Brisbane, Australia.

A PERFECT CIRCLE toured North America for the first time in six years last year. These were the band's first live dates since a mini-tour they did in the fall of 2010, in which they played each of their three studio albums over the course of three nights in five cities.

The 2010-2011 lineup of A PERFECT CIRCLE included Keenan, Howerdel, Freese, former SMASHING PUMPKINS guitarist James Iha and bassist Matt McJunkins.

A PERFECT CIRCLE currently does not have a record deal.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

A Perfect Circle

Where's VnD? I bet she's going nuts over the news of a new Ashes album