Page 87 of 101 FirstFirst ... 37 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,610 of 3008

Thread: Deftones

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    At this point there's no real reason to rely on a reviewer. Pop on YouTube to listen to three or four tracks off of the album in the same time it takes you to listen to a reviewer's video or read a review.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    lmao @ anyone giving a shit what Fatano thinks about anything. Who is this guy again..?

Ffs, given my propensity for triggering people by merely stating an opinion, I need to start a Youtube channel where all I do is pontificate about what music appeals to me and what music sucks. I'd amass two million followers in no time, not to mention dress a lot better for my videos..

We need to start our own review channel on YT.....The amount of people we would piss off would be the stuff of legend. Spend 2 weeks decimating everything Corgan has done post 1999 and another 2 weeks decimating everything MJK has done post 2006

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Let's not forget about that YouTuber that didn't even give Genesis a proper amount of time to react to before dismissing it completely. Fantano, at least, gave his reasoning for disliking the album.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Fantano is out of touch because he doesn't like a nu metal album lol. C'mon guys. He just doesn't like it. The end. Not a big deal. I have friends who hate all of the music I listen to but we're still friends and still share with each other. We can't all have the same opinions about everything.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    I'm not upset about Fantano. I think he's out of touch and has a bias against anything rock related. I don't watch his videos nor will I. What I hear of his review is just unsurprising to me.

As a reviewer, I think he's a pretentious hack.

I love the new album. Someone with a different opinion, idiotic or not, isn't going to change that.

Personally, I think reviewers shouldn't be taken too seriously to begin with. It's the actual people/fans who you should pay attention to. Not some half ass review because a guy wants to get paid for it.

so you are complain about a video you haven't even watched. Cool. First of all, he loves rock and metal. He gave Judas Priest's last album an 8, loves all sorts of metal like Black Metal, Sludge and Doom, Extreme Metal, Grindcore, Trash, etc. He's given lots of positive reviews on rock and indie and metal
    Last edited by Dryalex12; 10-02-2020 at 02:17 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Who the fuck is Fantano and why should I care about his opinion? You can be educated in music and still have shit taste.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Who the fuck is Fantano and why should I care about his opinion? You can be educated in music and still have shit taste.

He's a Youtube Review who pretty much spends his entire days listening and reviewing music. He is controversial for some of his opinion on albums that a lot of people love. Personally, I have a lot of respect for him but a lot of people hate him because he didn't give their fave album a good score.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Fantano's job is reviewing music so naturally he is going to listen to whatever the current hip thing of the moment is. I believe his reactions are genuine. If your friend in real life discussed the album with you and said "yea I don't really like this one..." and repeated verbatim Fantano's review, would you then say "fuck you! You're a hack!"? The internet isn't real. It's content. Relax. We can all disagree and it's better if we do.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rampface View Post
    Fantano's job is reviewing music so naturally he is going to listen to whatever the current hip thing of the moment is. I believe his reactions are genuine. If your friend in real life discussed the album with you and said "yea I don't really like this one..." and repeated verbatim Fantano's review, would you then say "fuck you! You're a hack!"? The internet isn't real. It's content. Relax. We can all disagree and it's better if we do.

and i know they are too. He livestreams on Twitch every Friday when new music drops. He listens to new singles and albums from like 9pm EST to midnight. His reactions are genuine and i can see it in his face.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    and i know they are too. He livestreams on Twitch every Friday when new music drops. He listens to new singles and albums from like 9pm EST to midnight. His reactions are genuine and i can see it in his face.

Are you president of his fan club?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Are you president of his fan club?
    What's wrong with me being a fan of his work? Anyone who listens to music as for that much of his personal life is honestly very respectful. I was will always defense criticizes if they are well thought out and they are able to explain why they dont like it. This whole "He sucks, he knows nothing about music" is not real criticism. I will defend anyone who puts out a well review, Negitive or Positive, even Pitchfork. Hell, the dude who posted all those horrible reviews on albums such as The Fragile and Lateralus apologized for being a pretentious douche.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    PM's??

At the moment, I'm messing around with some slower, melody Deftones tracks and making an album out of it. This is much harder than I thought it would be.

Also think Doomed User should have been the album opener for Gore.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    We need to start our own review channel on YT.....The amount of people we would piss off would be the stuff of legend. Spend 2 weeks decimating everything Corgan has done post 1999 and another 2 weeks decimating everything MJK has done post 2006
    Don't forget the weekly readings of Gary Numan facebook comments

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Lol

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Don't forget the weekly readings of Gary Numan facebook comments

nah his page is no fun anymore after his wife took it over and blocked every single person who left negative comments about him.
    Last edited by Helpmeiaminhell (is now in hell); 10-03-2020 at 11:17 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I haven't even listened to the new album, my issue with Fantano is it feels like he rushes out reviews too soon for views. The older I get, the more I realize albums truly take longer listening to really appreciate. Remember when he reviewed the leaked Blur album and it turned out it was just Gorillaz b sides?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Never got why people care so much about Fantano's reviews. It's just one guys opinion about music and means about as much to me personallyy as if I were to give a record so a random person I met in the street and asked them to review it for me. In the time it takes to watch a needledrop video I could listen to two or three tracks from a record and form my own opinion. I think I can count on one hand the number of albums I enjoy that he gave a good review to instead of shitting on them, while top marks go to every other shitty mumble rap artist.

I have a good friend who loves Deftones and the new album just doesn't gel with him at all, something that took me aback slightly as I was expecting him to like Ohms as much as I do after us both being a little let down with Gore, but he remains a little underwhelmed, and that's cool. If everyone thought the same the world would be a much more boring place.
    Last edited by Jord; 10-03-2020 at 05:00 AM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    THIS IS NOT THE FANTANO THREAD. STOP IT.

Thanks.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    Hell, the dude who posted all those horrible reviews on albums such as The Fragile and Lateralus apologized for being a pretentious douche.
    Can I get a link to this?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Around the Fur
    White Pony
    Adrenaline
    Saturday Night Wrist
    Diamond Eyes
    Deftones
    Ohms
    Gore
    Koi No Yokan - except Tempest and Rosemary, those are top tier tracks. I don’t hate this album, it just doesn’t do much for me overall.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Vinyl and Zine FINALLY came in the mail today. Love the rainbow glare it gives off and the zine is really nifty seeing them in the studio jamming out. Definitely worth the wait.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I expected the zine to basically be a Zine, and just printed on normal paper. Was very pleased to see it printed on such quality paper and shit.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Outstanding:
    White Pony
    Saturday Night Wrist
    Koi No Yokan
    Around The Fur

Middling (Good but not great):
    Diamond Eyes
    Ohms
    S/T
    Gore

Their only terrible album:
    Adrenaline

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Last weekend i heard "Gore" and "Ohms", back-to-back and i still loved both albums, they are different but one has what the other lacks.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    The only songs really standing out to me are Urantia and Headless.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Keeps getting better for me. Error and Ceremony are my jams right now

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I finally got the good headphones. This gets a lie down in a dark room treatment soon.

There's a lot of levels to take in.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    I’ll never, ever kick a Deftones album out of bed, but man...this is a let-down for an album that took 4.5 years to deliver, and has Terry Date at the boards..

The album is good, but that’s my main issue with it: it’s merely good. It comes nowhere near their best albums, and it sounds like a collection of songs we’ve heard from them before, and done better elsewhere. A good deal of these tracks — Ceremony, Headless, TSOM, Pompeji, Error — would have fit right in on what they were doing on Gore. TLID sounds, at best, like a Deftones b-side; they did this same song to much better effect on CMND/CTRL. Radiant City just sounds like a mash-up of Pittura Infamante and Xenon. Headless, while perfectly enjoyable, sounds like a lightweight Tempest or Rosemary..

The whole thing just sounds so...small. Even Diamond Eyes towers over this one. It’s sorely missing the risks and experimental aspects that make SNW, KNY and Gore so timeless and interesting. This was clearly an album that was made under very self-conscious auspices. They’re capable of so much more when they just ignore what their whiny, never-happy fanbase wants and think for themselves, like they did on every other album they’ve done. Not a bad album, but nothing remarkable like their last seven albums were..

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    25 years into their career. Hard for any band 25 years into their career to still release groundbreaking albums. They have a signature sound. No matter what they do, it will always sound like Deftones. Even if they did a country album, it will still sound like Deftones. To me their peak was 2003-2006. Some people think their peak was 1997-2001. Some think 2010-2012......Every fanbase has whiny assholes. Deftones fans have shit on every album since ATF upon release. People hated WP when it dropped because it wasn't heavy enough. People hated S/T when it came out because it was too heavy. People bitched about SNW for being too weird. People bitched that DE was too simple etc. People bitched KNY sounded too much like DE. Everyone including Stef (and now Chino) bitched about Gore. They'll never satisfy their entire fanbase. Sounds like the entire band did this one together which is good, considering Stef contributed nothing to Gore and was on the verge of pulling a Jim Martin w Faith No More circa Angel Dust. Martin contributed nothing to Angel Dust except 1 song, then bitched how he hated the record. Eventually he was ostracized by the entire band and kicked out a year later. Stef w Gore basically did the same thing, but in a weird way it seemed to bring the band together because Chino seemed to go out of his way to make Stef a huge part of the new record. So I consider that a good thing. They could have easily done to Stef what FNM did to big Jim. They could have kicked Stef out, brought in Shaun Lopez to play guitar and let Chino indulge in his shoe gaze post rock wet dreams for the next 5 records. Instead they made a conscious effort to get Stef involved and became a tight unit again. Chalk one up for maturity as a band
    Last edited by Helpmeiaminhell (is now in hell); 10-06-2020 at 01:00 PM.