Page 85 of 101 FirstFirst ... 35 75 83 84 85 86 87 95 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,550 of 3008

Thread: Deftones

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Yea, covers was kind of pointless, but I'm a sucker for art with girls and cigarette smoke and I adore that album art.

I couldn't find an updated one that has Ohms as an option. Which link did you use?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    JESUS! CHRIST! YOU WATCH US FAIL!!!

This song is the one

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Finally checked out the album. It's pretty good, sounds like Deftones.

Error, Radiant City and Ohms are my favorite tracks.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 09-28-2020 at 09:41 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Okay, Headless sounds much better in headphones but I still think it's the weakest track on the album. There's some huge highlights so it's understandable that some tracks won't reach the same highs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Deftones
    Saturday Night Wrist
    Koi No Yokan
    Diamond Eyes
    White Pony
    Around the Fur
    Ohms
    Gore
    Adrenaline

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Yea, covers was kind of pointless, but I'm a sucker for art with girls and cigarette smoke and I adore that album art.

I couldn't find an updated one that has Ohms as an option. Which link did you use?
    Covers could have been exemplary had they spread it across 2 LPs and included THATH, Sinatra, Nightboat, Wax and Wane and something unexpected like a good quality live version of them performing Say It Ain't So/El Scorcho..

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    My package is finally moving! I pre-ordered the clear vinyl + zine, hopefully I'll get to spin it by this weekend

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post

Yeah, i listed "Covers", just because ...actually it's not a "D", it's more of a "C", a good (but none spectacular) listen.

I don't have the link, i just Photoshopped the "Ohms" cover to my list, lol...

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Yeah, i listed "Covers", just because ...actually it's not a "D", it's more of a "C", a good (but none spectacular) listen.

I don't have the link, i just Photoshopped the "Ohms" cover to my list, lol...
    I figured lol. Tiermaker is low key kind of addicting. I wish they would have implemented more like Prettybrokenspiral said above. I just ordered it from Disccogs for 30 bucks.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Chino just confirmed in a new interview that he is going to record vocals for a bunch of unreleased Crosses songs that have been sitting around for years so I guess that group still has a pulse

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Chino just confirmed in a new interview that he is going to record vocals for a bunch of unreleased Crosses songs that have been sitting around for years so I guess that group still has a pulse
    Wait... So, all the teasing they were doing on social media was for nothing? Here I was thinking that they had something finished already, and were just waiting for the right time to release it.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wight rabbit View Post
    Wait... So, all the teasing they were doing on social media was for nothing? Here I was thinking that they had something finished already, and were just waiting for the right time to release it.
    I remember that post and was super hyped. From what I remember every time they posted a graphic, an update followed? This is great news nonetheless, I was just vibing to the album last night.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Ohms is good. High mid tier Deftones. Not their best album, but, honestly, I prefer Gore over Ohms. I connected with Gore right away. I will even say that Gore has more memorable songs. The production on Gore does not bother me and adds to the vibe they were going for. It felt like Deftones doing something new. Ohms feels more like Deftones reacting to those who whined about Gore's direction and now they are forced to make a "Deftones sounding" album. Deftones trying to be Deftones. And, sure, Deftones can still pull it off. But something still feels a little been there, done that to me with Ohms. In my book, Gore had more interesting and unique songs and did things I didn't expect. Ohms is not bad. I quite enjoy it. But Gore is better and I connected with it more instantly. I wish this album was more dirty sounding like Self Titled or even Gore. It's a little too polished.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    It seems I like this album more than I realized. I made a point to hit the Like button in Spotify each time I found myself enjoying a song. In the end, I hearted them all. I want to do this approach on each of their albums and figure out my rankings that way. This could prove to be an interesting experiment...
    Last edited by wight rabbit; 09-30-2020 at 05:41 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The Hum album is great. Between Deftones and Hum, this is why I'm so disappointed with the new so called "Smashing Pumpkins" material.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    I think this is their best work since SNW.....DE is great but that album to me was a conscious effort to do ATF and White Pony 2.0.....KNY was like Chino said, basically Diamond Eyes Part 2. Great album but it sounded like Deftones doing Deftones. Gore was Chino's solo album under the Deftones moniker. This album to me is the heaviest thing they have done since S/T. The fact there are 0 ballads or slow songs on the record is a bold statement right there. No 'Sextape'. No 'What Happened To You'. No Chino doing Morrissey impressions. Just balls to the wall from track 1 to track 10. Fucking masterpiece.

Chino throws Gore under the bus yet again in the new Quietus interview lmao

"I do feel that on the last record especially Stephen’s presence wasn’t as heavily felt and that really had nothing to do with any of us wanting to go in another direction. The best songs we make are when everybody is firing on all pistons. He was just a little bit removed that time you know? I mean physically he was there in the studio every day but in his mind… whatever he was going through at the time he wasn’t as mentally as engaged and present in some of the song writing. When we work on a record we’re working under a time frame and at the 11th hour he joined in more and started playing over some of the ideas we’d had but it was almost too late. We needed to put the record out and I think it may have suffered a little bit because of that. But we took it as a learning experience. That was one of the main things was to get him engaged, and get everyone engaged! Because that’s when we’re going to make our best music. That’s when everyone is engaged."

We already know Stef hates Gore. Now its obvious Chino hates it as well. They will disavow this record the same way the Chili Peppers disavowed One Hot Minute and just pretend it never happened. You will never hear another Gore song live. Ever. That album will go down as the 'Exciter' or 'St. Anger' in the Deftones discography
    Last edited by Helpmeiaminhell (is now in hell); 09-30-2020 at 11:12 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    ^We get it you don’t like Gore.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Feel like he's just got a memo pad full of different ways to say Chino and the rest of the group hates Gore for various reasons.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Top news headlines for sure, lol.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    After two listens through, I feel like Ohms has 7-8 real good songs 1 okay song (Ohms) and 1 that I really didn’t like (Ceremony). Whereas Gore has 2 songs I absolutely love (Prayers/Triangles and Hearts/Wires) and the rest is not so good. I think KNY was the last great Deftones album.

The lyrics on Ohms are excellent and I hope it grows on me which it very well could after only two trips through it. I’m sure I’ll comment again once I figure out favorites and such.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    No Chino doing Morrissey impressions.
    interesting that you say that because i feel like he's REALLY leaning into that on "genesis" (and honestly i'd rather listen to chino sounding like morrissey than ever listen to morrissey)

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    interesting that you say that because i feel like he's REALLY leaning into that on "genesis" (and honestly i'd rather listen to chino sounding like morrissey than ever listen to morrissey)

For the most part on Ohms it seems like he is going back to his S/T style. He's not singing as clean as he was the last few records (maybe Dates production has something to do with that as well)

And to the people who say I hate Gore. I don't hate ANY Deftones album. I have friends who worship the Deftones who threw Gore in the garbage after 1 listen. I came around on that album the last couple years. Theres some cool ideas and songs on there. I dont toss it aside and disregard it as a piece of shit (like say, 4:13 Dream by The Cure), but it is also my least favorite album of theirs. It seems more like a Chino solo album or a side project as opposed to a Deftones album. I just think this revisionist history where all of a sudden everyone loves Gore 4 years later, and after this album got fucking decimated by this fanbase is interesting.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I was thinking on my favorite albums this year so far; it's "Ohms" and "Gigaton" by Pearl Jam...

...Then it hit me: both album names are units of measurement: one is for explosive force and the other for electrical resistance.

Just a funny "useless fact", i wanted to share...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    The dude still doesn’t get it ��♂️

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Played my girl Ohms for the first time today. She wasn't too thrilled. She said it was kinda meh. That it all kinda just bled together and was a watered down version of what they've already done. She got into them with White Pony and was a fan of self titled. She liked Urantia though. Damn, she was harsher than me lol.

Oh, and is a Gore fan.
    Last edited by neorev; 09-30-2020 at 05:08 PM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I don't think Gore stands out from the discography nearly as much as Ohms does, especially not like Deftones which is so dark and heavy compared to everything else. People act like it's so different... Why don't I agree? I guess I kind of see it.

I'm settling into my favorites on this one. Other urantia, nothing has particularly grown. I'm just not as attached to hose favorites as I am on other albums. Like if I were to put together a Deftones mix, keeping it to just a disc or two, I think so gs from every Deftones album would make the cut, including like Linus, covers, b-sides, unreleased material... I don't know what I would put on from ohms if anything. Not that I don't dig it.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    The more I listen to Gore, the better it gets. Difference in musical opinion is always so intriguing to me because when my ears hear Gore, it is banger after banger.

To say you like Adrenaline more than Gore... You're just lying .

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Let me know when Gore has songs that rank alongside 'Nosebleed' 'Lifter' 'Bored' 'Root' 'Minus Blindfold' 'Birthmark' and 'Fireal'. Talk about banger after banger.....

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    If Adrenaline was completely remixed, possibly. But I'll take Gore over Adrenaline. I just replayed Gore with my girl after she tore Ohms a new one. It's such a powerful and emotionally uplifting record. It has a kinda triumphant vibe. It's very unique compared to the rest of their discography.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Let me know when Gore has songs that rank alongside 'Nosebleed' 'Lifter' 'Bored' 'Root' 'Minus Blindfold' 'Birthmark' and 'Fireal'. Talk about banger after banger.....
    Hearts/Wires is better than anything on Adrenaline and it is a banger without being overly heavy every single track. Adrenaline is a mess.

Shit... Even Doomed User and Gore surpasses anything on Adrenaline.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 09-30-2020 at 10:43 PM.