Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: NIN-Spotting 2013 (Part 1/2)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    The "New Album" thread is locked until there's new info. But what if someone has new info and wants to post it there?

Anyway, all sources indicate that the new single is coming out next week for sure.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

NIN-Spotting 2013

Then DM an admin with the info and the thread will be reopened.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    I know I shouldn't be a glory hog, but I gotta say, one of the big reasons I started the NIN Hotline back in 1999 was because I wanted to do a better job at posting and archiving NIN news than the other sites that were doing it at the time. I had been working in the newsroom of a newspaper at the time, and one of the things that I went to great lengths to make sure everyone at the Hotline did was cite your sources. And while it's cool that a newer entity, http://nincentral.tumblr.com, is getting reblogged by the official tumblr, they don't credit a god damn thing they post, and that kind of sucks. Part of the magic of the internet is that it's really easy to show people where you gained the knowledge that you're redistributing. The whole foundation of the WWW is hyperlinks. And while I don't want to discourage people from doing new stuff (and I really really don't want to start a tumblr account), I feel like a linkback to the site would be nice.

What the n00bs don't remember is that those journals and protools screenshots weren't posted the way you see them now. You had to view them through a square keyhole Flash thing that I'm having trouble describing right now. Chad Keenan (mokeejc) took hundreds, if not thousands of screenshots while nin.com was in its formative stages, organized them and posted them to Halo Ninetynine, which I've happily kept online in its original form for over 13 years.

I guess that's the culture of Tumblr, and that's probably a big reason I never took to it. As an amateur archivist, the erosion of information grates on me. It's stupid, too, because it's not really as though the stuff on the NIN Hotline would be there if it weren't for nin.com... Crediting sources is just one of those things I get soapboxy about, and I wanted to rant a little. Maybe I should completely reorganize the Hotline... there's so much in the archives that you'd probably never know was there if you didn't navigate away from the front page.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    I know I shouldn't be a glory hog, but I gotta say, one of the big reasons I started the NIN Hotline back in 1999 was because I wanted to do a better job at posting and archiving NIN news than the other sites that were doing it at the time.
    I've visited your site every day for the past 12 or 13 years now. I don't think I'm alone in appreciating the effort you've put into the site, constantly keeping us updated without any bullshit. You're awesome.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    The NIN hotline has been my homepage for a very long time! Fuck google, someone opens a browser on my computer (or laptop) and they go straight to the hotline, lol.

Even if I find out more about the band by reading ETS, it's still fun to have it, and every now and then something not on ETS will pop up (like that info about what Jerome Dhillon was doing this day with Nearly, that was a neat little tidbit of news I wouldn't have known otherwise, so kudos to @Leviathant for keeping the hotline on life support after all these years!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I guess that's the culture of Tumblr, and that's probably a big reason I never took to it.
    I use my personal tumblr for the whole sharing of someone else's work thing, but my Atticus Ross blog is almost entirely stuff I've sourced, and as often as possible it's rare or hard to come by. Tumblr CAN be used for original posts and all kinds of great stuff ... but it's easier to do what most blogs do. Which is true of news aggregation sites that are as old as TNH after all!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    And while it's cool that a newer entity, http://nincentral.tumblr.com, is getting reblogged by the official tumblr, they don't credit a god damn thing they post, and that kind of sucks. Part of the magic of the internet is that it's really easy to show people where you gained the knowledge that you're redistributing.
    This is one of my biggest pet peeves, followed very closely by when blogs (such as nincentral) also include a link to themselves as the source. Not to mention when it comes to photos in particular, a lot of blogs post shitty quality and/or their own edited creations, and it would be great to know the source for finding the originals.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    I wrote the fellow running the tumblr after I found one of my photos on there uncredited and he was apologetic and quickly added a link to my original.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    I wrote the fellow running the tumblr after I found one of my photos on there uncredited and he was apologetic and quickly added a link to my original.
    I sent in a question via the Q&A form, and got what amounts to a non-reply.

Q: Where did you get those old screen shots that the nin tumblr keeps linking to?
    A: If you dig deep enough online, you can find the old nin.com from 1999
    Oh? You got them on the internet? Thanks! I was hoping you'd say "Portrait of Decay" ( @bwary in the house) or "Halo Ninetynine" but I guess I need to dig deep online.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)

NIN-Spotting 2013

If someone posts new info on ETS without a source or even a mention of source, you should automatically assume its made up.

Adrian Belew is officially touring with NIN this year.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    If someone posts new info on ETS without a source or even a mention of source, you should automatically assume its made up.

Adrian Belew is officially touring with NIN this year.
    Stop that! But yeah, that's why I trail people in those threads and ask for their source. Usually, even if they can't publicly disclose their source, they might contact me privately and give me enough information to give my stamp of approval.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    http://www.antiquiet.com/news/2013/0...riving-june-6/

Some radio DJs have claimed they have heard it too apparently.
    I wonder if this means Halo 28 will be released with it. I also wonder if it could mean a new music video on 6.6.13 as well. Any thoughts?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I'll be loath to click on any links for fear of being Rick rolled!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I'll be loath to click on any links for fear of being Rick rolled!

<< >>

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Apparently TR is going to be on Q with Jian Ghomesi doing a feature full length interview discussing NIN today. If its anything like the spot he did for HTDA there recently it should have some decent nuggets. He asked some pretty intelligent questions and they had a good repore. Im sure CBC will put it online afterward, don't think I'll be able to catch it live.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    What's this I hear about Adrian only being on the album and not touring with them? I've been hearing mixed things left right and center and can't really find any sources apart from Pitchfork

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

NIN-Spotting 2013

Because there isn't any news, only speculation which is quickly derailing this thread.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Woops, I'll say no more. I probably should have read the thread a little more. This makes me a little sad.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentofChaos View Post
    Apparently TR is going to be on Q with Jian Ghomesi doing a feature full length interview discussing NIN today. If its anything like the spot he did for HTDA there recently it should have some decent nuggets. He asked some pretty intelligent questions and they had a good repore. Im sure CBC will put it online afterward, don't think I'll be able to catch it live.
    So, one of my all time favorite musicians (Moxy Fruvous WOOOOOOOOOOOO!) interviewing one of my other all time favorite musicians?

This is going to be - and I totally hate to say this - epic.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    When is this interview going to be?

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    http://www.cbc.ca/q/video/index.html?ID=2388690377
    Catch Q on CBC Television every Sunday afternoon at 1 p.m. (1:30 NT).
    Sunday, June 2nd, on CBC Television
    This Sunday on CBC Television, we've got Industrial music icon, Trent Reznor ... Tune in this Sunday at 1pm, 1:30 in Newfoundland, on CBC Television.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    ²
    and can you stream this radio online?

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    https://twitter.com/CBCRadioQ/status/340916912831746048
    Sunday afternoon at 1pm on #CBCTV we've got @trent_reznor@MA_Grondin and music from @billybragg. See you there!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Will it be viewable in the US?

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    https://twitter.com/CBCRadioQ/status/340916912831746048
    Sunday afternoon at 1pm on #CBCTV we've got @trent_reznor@MA_Grondin and music from @billybragg. See you there!
    The clip they played in that trailer that you linked to appears to be from .

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    It's on right now and it is a repeat :-(

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post

it's the same as last time?
    ahaha fail. well, at least you spotted something..

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post

I was gonna say... I just figured out how to timezone and 1pm in canada was 15min ago!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Shitty the way he tweeted it definitely made it seem like it was new. Thought he would've been above that. Sorry guys.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentofChaos View Post
    Shitty the way he tweeted it definitely made it seem like it was new. Thought he would've been above that. Sorry guys.
    Hahaha, see what I mean about DJs?