Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dillinger Escape Plan (Kill posers)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Today:

www.PartySmasherInc.com

Ben's record label officially launches their website today.

(as of 9:32am CST, the site is still not up so it may be that way until later this afternoon.)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    this little sit-down between ben & mike patton is GREAT.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I just bought a pair of these socks: http://www.cuipo.org/dillingerescapeplan

$15 and Cuipo uses some of that money for their rainforest protection efforts. They've followed a model similar to that of the Patagonia dudes, who have bought land in the actual Patagonia region to protect it.

I think those are some killer socks (plus some of the ones I'm wearing have holes in them! So I need to replace a few).

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    From the DEP FB: So we start playing amphitheaters on August 2nd with NIN and Soundgarden, but because we've got issues, a giant air conditioned amphitheater doesn't seem like the right way to start a tour. We've gotta get our hands dirty and draw a little blood first in a sweatbox of sardined crazy people (nobody sane listens to us). So with that being said...if you live near NYC and wanna end this Thursday night covered in some combination of sweat, blood, spit, and probably spilled alcohol...then this one's for you:

http://www.ticketfly.com/event/646621?utm_medium=api

DEP for five bucks. I love these guys.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    The full set from the $5 Brooklyn show:

http://www.theprp.com/2014/08/01/new...ny-last-night/

Greg is fucking insane during Sunshine.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    some one please point me in the direction of something accessible from this band.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c0f3d View Post
    some one please point me in the direction of something accessible from this band.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I think Ire Works as a whole is the best if you want to fall in love with DEP.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    oh, and we can't forget this!

the closest they got to sounding like NIN before covering wish or being touring mates with them.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Some pro-shot Live 2014 stuff:

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    ^That is one dead crowd.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Atu View Post

I think Ire Works as a whole is the best if you want to fall in love with DEP.
    This is what got me into them, along with Baby's First Coffin, because it was on the Underworld Soundtrack.
    But yeah, One Of Us Is The Killer, the song, would be a perfect place to start.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

The warm up st vitus bar show.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post

The warm up st vitus bar show.
    Check post #215 on this page for the full set.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    greg's hot in a bro kinda way.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    yeah, he's kinda sexy but he also kinda looks like a guy who would have beaten the shit out of me in high school, so i'm conflicted. i love his voice, though, so you can't go wrong there.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    yeah, he's kinda sexy but he also kinda looks like a guy who would have beaten the shit out of me in high school, so i'm conflicted. i love his voice, though, so you can't go wrong there.
    exactly. and i hate myself for that.

but i'd totally hit it.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Hahaha in a non homo way, Ive got a man crush on that dude. Totally went out and tracked down his boots that he wears and paid $300 for them at Diesel. haha The fucker dresses well.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Who was DEP's rhythm guitar player during the NIN/SG tour? Did James Love get a haircut? Or was it someone else? If it was James Love, then he seemed a lot more into it than in previous DEP shows I've seen!

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    So I'm pretty much a brand new fan, with some of you all helping point me in the right directions when I started to get into them after they were announced for NIN as the opener at the shows I was catching. Having seen them now, they're absolutely shooting up as a favorite of mine. I'm wondering, what's their touring schedule usually like? I really want to see them in a more "proper" setting than an amphitheatre (they killed both FL dates, but it seemed like the wrong way to see them), and am wondering when the next most likely time would be for them to do a solo tour.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    So I'm pretty much a brand new fan, with some of you all helping point me in the right directions when I started to get into them after they were announced for NIN as the opener at the shows I was catching. Having seen them now, they're absolutely shooting up as a favorite of mine. I'm wondering, what's their touring schedule usually like? I really want to see them in a more "proper" setting than an amphitheatre (they killed both FL dates, but it seemed like the wrong way to see them), and am wondering when the next most likely time would be for them to do a solo tour.
    They've been touring almost non-stop since around the time OOUITK came out so I bet they're gonna take some time off and hopefully start working on a new album. I don't think they're gonna tour again until sometime in 2015, in support of a new album most likely.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Airbornefeline View Post
    They've been touring almost non-stop since around the time OOUITK came out so I bet they're gonna take some time off and hopefully start working on a new album. I don't think they're gonna tour again until sometime in 2015, in support of a new album most likely.

Yeah agreed.

Ben posted a "teaser" to twitter stating: "Tour is over, now what?"

I see the Deluxe edition of OOUITK coming out, along with Mitch Massie's Live DVD coming out (if its not with the DE cd)

THEN, hopefully, Greg will finish up work with Josh Eustis on the Black Queen project, release it.

Greg may do a small tour (i.e.. NYC & LA) with Killer be Killed…that will give Ben some alone time to write new music, Greg will come in for vocals.

Pre-album release tour.

Release.

Post-Release Tour. (2016?)

That's 2015 y'all!

Oh and @eversonpoe …. there aint NOTHIN wrong with liking how another man dresses haha
    Last edited by Reznor2112; 08-20-2014 at 01:53 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Oh and @eversonpoe …. there aint NOTHIN wrong with liking how another man dresses haha
    i was facepalming the "no homo" part.

unless you said you wanted to fuck him, i don't think any of us thought there was anything gay about it ;p

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Yeah agreed.

Ben posted a "teaser" to twitter stating: "Tour is over, now what?"

I see the Deluxe edition of OOUITK coming out, along with Mitch Massie's Live DVD coming out (if its not with the DE cd)

THEN, hopefully, Greg will finish up work with Josh Eustis on the Black Queen project, release it.

Greg may do a small tour (i.e.. NYC & LA) with Killer be Killed…that will give Ben some alone time to write new music, Greg will come in for vocals.

Pre-album release tour.

Release.

Post-Release Tour. (2016?)

That's 2015 y'all!
    I think I read that Ben was going to head into the studio with the rest of G.T.O. (Hinds, Avery, Theodore) to get some stuff laid down. Would be perfect time for Greg to hammer out the rest of Black Queen - which I am beyond stoked on, as I am in the "non-sexual man crush on Greg" camp.

As for side projects, Billy's side project - No Machine - is putting out some stuff of late as well. Worth checking out at iamnomachine.com

Lastly - this just surfaced on their Facebook page as part of the Cons project. Not sure how I feel about it just yet. https://soundcloud.com/conversemusic...en-benton-rage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's just further proof of their downward spiral.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the duder View Post
    Lastly - this just surfaced on their Facebook page as part of the Cons project. Not sure how I feel about it just yet. https://soundcloud.com/conversemusic...en-benton-rage
    it's a LOT better than i expected it to be. the music is definitely not as chaotic (no tempo/meter changes, doesn't get nearly as loud as usual) but it's still good, and this guy can at least rap really well. it's mostly just weird to hear them play in 4/4 for an entire song.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 50 Volt Phantom View Post
    It's just further proof of their downward spiral.
    Not sure how one song signifies a "downward spiral". They aren't in a downward spiral. Their stuff gets better with each album. Unless you are just a Calculating Infinity fanboy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I do love Calculating, but the reality of the situation is that they haven't put out a truly great album since Miss Machine. The quality has never been as high, and in hindsight Chris Pennie leaving was simply an indication of that direction. To say their albums have actually gotten better is laughable.