PDA

View Full Version : Little things that cheer you up.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Big Fat Matt
08-19-2013, 05:36 PM
Is that an extremely unfortunate (and somewhat offensive) typeo of Black Flag? Or is there actually a band called that?

Its 4 gay dudes covering Black Flag. No typos.

You need to train her to be this: http://thisisultimateprocrastination.tumblr.com/post/44317193882

She got mad at me at dinner one day (i was instigating, probably) and she called me a round-eye. I was so proud of her that i couldnt be mad.

Pillfred
08-19-2013, 09:52 PM
Pretty much this whole day once i left my hole down by the river. Been in a really shitty down state of mind lately due to the seemingly never ending string of shit that just won't let up. The fall out of years of what the kids these days call "not giving a fuck". Thats all well and fine to do but once you start to care again all that shit is just waiting in the wings.

Anywho, went to check my funds at the bank and ended up popping into a new barber shop downtown ran by a couple girls. The place had a nice retro vibe to it that i liked, got a good haircut and she even shaved my neck with a straight razor. Ended up getting some dinner with a buddy of mine and scored a ride into work for the meeting tonight which, as I'm a sucker for good intentions, left me tentatively optimistic about the place i have so vehemently shit upon recently. Also me and the boss man had a talk the other day which i commend him for, sort of. ;)

Finally though probably not the best financial decision i got a new phone as my old one hit the deck pretty hard the other night and my old old phone was seriously painful to use.

Merse
08-20-2013, 01:52 AM
Hey, another job interview, good luck to me! Apparently Chipotle didn't want me, let's see if Starbucks is a go. Anything is better than Target.

Bokononist
08-21-2013, 09:17 AM
My cat is sunning himself against an empty beer bottle I'm using to prop open this one window and he seriously looks like he has a hangover. Also, I had a tar removal/clay bar/wax operation done to mycar and it looks fucking fantastic.

october_midnight
08-21-2013, 10:49 AM
Day two of three in a row of paid days off work. After a run, going to sit on my ass playing video games until the wife gets home and then go see how much red wine I can fit in my stomach.

Big Fat Matt
08-21-2013, 03:39 PM
then go see how much red wine I can fit in my stomach.

if you cant get more than 2 liters in ya, then please lemme know what its like to be a lightweight 12 year old girl (read as; not a wino)

Thor
08-21-2013, 04:12 PM
Taking a large (and cold) soda at the movies. Also, a cold beer before a concert.

Big Fat Matt
08-21-2013, 04:50 PM
Dungeons and Dragons day. Also, knowing that my largely 'hack n slash' group will most likely have a BLAST with the torrent of non-combat encounters they will be getting in coming weeks.

vpintz
08-21-2013, 07:34 PM
the ability to once again drink my face off with fellow law students and lawyers is so exciting. cannot wait for bar review.

redshoewearer
08-21-2013, 09:46 PM
The crickets outside sound so awesome. One of my favorite summer sounds. I love going to sleep hearing them.

thefragile_jake
08-22-2013, 01:07 AM
It's my birthday! Hooray.

I'm in the living room with my brother and Mom and we have Netflix on and watching Dinosaurs on in the background. Brings back great memories of being a kid.

Merse
08-22-2013, 01:49 AM
Hey, another job interview, good luck to me! Apparently Chipotle didn't want me, let's see if Starbucks is a go. Anything is better than Target.
Yay! I'm now a Starbucks barista. I'm way too excited about working two jobs; I guess I like money more than I like free time. :)

ibanez33
08-22-2013, 04:31 AM
Free time is over rated. Having said that, I'm REALLY looking forward to having a few weeks off to move and then just lounge around and game and nap grow a big nasty bush beard after my final shift next week.

Big Fat Matt
08-22-2013, 07:58 PM
Rediscovering Group X. fuck yes.

jessamineny
08-24-2013, 08:35 AM
Just got a ticket for $25 on Stubhub to go see The Replacements' first show in 22 years at Riot Fest. I HATE festivals, but couldn't resist at that price. (Bonus: Freese is drumming.)

playwithfire
08-24-2013, 09:19 AM
Yay! I'm now a Starbucks barista. I'm way too excited about working two jobs; I guess I like money more than I like free time. :)

Get down repeatable routine, don't agree to become a shift, and good luck with Playbook/La Boulange. Also, enjoy your health insurance.

Halo Infinity
08-25-2013, 05:25 AM
Being able to come to terms with being different and alone most of the time has sort of cheered me up from time to time as it is one step further to me becoming more comfortable in my own skin while feeling freer. It took me so long to do that on the account that I was sometimes obsessed with the idea of fitting in and gaining some sort of popularity, and such an obsession was even more subtle than I thought, considering how I've struggled with people-pleasing. Granted, I still need to make amends and work on myself, but I suppose it's a start.

In other words, it just feels good to be myself, even when I am just by myself while being grateful. I have a feeling that this is one big step in the right direction in terms of moving on with my life as well. It all starts in the heart and the home, doesn't it?

I also think this is why I find NIN's Everything to be very relatable to me right now, and yes, Everything cheers me up too. :)

Pillfred
08-25-2013, 05:29 PM
Just got a ticket for $25 on Stubhub to go see The Replacements' first show in 22 years at Riot Fest. I HATE festivals, but couldn't resist at that price. (Bonus: Freese is drumming.)

Jealous, though I did see them in '87. My sister kicks ass.

Also to sort of mirror what kris said above after a few weeks of stress and a weird bout of depression I've come to a similar place I think. I've gone these rounds before and each time it seems to help. Old as I am I thought I'd gotten past some of that shit but, I guess shit abounds.

That and I had a good chat with my daughter the other day. It's still really strange talking to a fifteen year old girl, who up until a couple years ago and a random fb message I didn't think existed (long Montel William's type story). But it's good to know she's doing well and doesn't appear to hate me.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk 4

Pillfred
08-25-2013, 05:31 PM
Derp double post...

vpintz
08-25-2013, 07:23 PM
Looking down and seeing my ring c:
also, delicious sarpino's pizza. om nom fucking nom.
also, also, not having to pay for ridic expensive law textbooks because all of my classmates/friends from last year are 2Ls. rrrad.

jessamineny
08-26-2013, 01:23 AM
Jealous, though I did see them in '87. My sister kicks ass.

It was so goddamn surreal and awesome. :) I *think* the last time I saw them was when Paul was so wasted he played the last song and a half on his back, and then they aborted the show halfway through. What a different 20-however-many years makes. I'll write more in the concerts thread later.

Deus Ex Machina
08-26-2013, 10:14 AM
Being alive and back in the world.

6 months. 6 fucking months of a shit job that was shit, and very shitty, with garnish of poop. One that stressed me out every day and followed me home every night, and that had nothing to do with what I loved. So I quit.

And at this point in my life there was just nothin left to do that would have made any sense but go freelance (audio engineering). And things are looking good so far. It's a huge risk, but I've got a little work lines up already, and am hunting for more. And I finally feel good again, and my life looks like it might be something that could remotely resemble something I want; that I might get to spend my time doing something I care about instead of spinning my wheels til I'm dead.

Such a relief. A relief to feel ok.

. . . It's good to be back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m/)

Big Fat Matt
08-26-2013, 04:35 PM
Getting to drink with Tesco Vee, Danny Dirtbag, John Brannon and my boys in Nice Hooves. TescoFest was too cool. Other cities WISH they had a punk scene like Detroit does.

Pillfred
08-26-2013, 05:11 PM
Actually got a call back from the bar i love to hate about working there. Weird i know but i'd be in the kitchen and i don't typically go there very often anyway. The best thing is its literally like a 3 min walk from my place, instead of the 40+ plus i commute now, sans vehicle. I haven't called back but they want me to come in for an interview. Pay should be the same as im getting now with a possibility of a raise at some point. It's odd cause i finally talked to my boss and things may or may not get better but at this point i think starting fresh may help considering coworker dude still thinks his shit don't stink and he can do whateva, and get away with it. Which while im better with boss man he can still kiss my ass. But i digress, if i land this i won't have to freeze my nuts off all winter. Hope things play out. Also if new girl doesn't have a BF i may be able to ask her out without worrying about co-worker weirdness.

ImTheWiseJanitor
08-26-2013, 07:19 PM
I'm getting better and better at getting numbers from attractive girls. Either I'm getting better looking, more brave, a little cocky, or all three, but man. I hit the jackpot today.

Halo Infinity
08-26-2013, 07:41 PM
Laughing hysterically. It reminds me why lots of people love to laugh, even in places like school and work where you're supposed to be mature, professional, and sometimes silent. I even thought of laughing more since I was reminded as to how emotions can physically affect you. (And not that I'm going to laugh all the time either, I'm just saying.) A good laugh sometimes really hits the spot big time.

It's one of those things that really make me think/feel: "Oh yeah, this is the life." :D

Pillfred
08-26-2013, 07:45 PM
I'm getting better and better at getting numbers from attractive girls. Either I'm getting better looking, more brave, a little cocky, or all three, but man. I hit the jackpot today.

Confidence is key. Congrats.

As to laughing it's my favorite thing to do. Which is good cause I tend be brooding prick a lot if the time. I am easily amused though so it sort of balances out. Also u keep my standards for humor low.

Also I've been told many times my laugh is a good one. I think I read somewhere as a kid in some story a Santa like description of a hearty belly laugh and have worked to achieve just that. ;)

Pillfred
08-28-2013, 07:49 PM
Got the job! Sounds like they also do a fair bit if catering, banquets, and events around town. Which means extra tip monies!

I'm just glad the chef seems really cool and it's about doing things the right way, not the whatever way I've been suffering far too long. I tried to do what I could here but like my buddy said the other day, "you ain't changing those stripes..."

Probably stay on part time here if I can, but now if something really pisses me off I can sky out!

The_Prowler
08-28-2013, 11:49 PM
Watching Face Off. Unless, of course, one of my favorite competitors gets eliminated... Then I'm sad. But other than that, it always brings my mood up.

millionmilesaway
08-28-2013, 11:55 PM
Job upgrade! I was chosen to be the new technician for Radiocat which runs out of the clinic I work at. the only downside is that more money = more radiation exposure. the tech that is quitting has quite the bearded lady look going on

vpintz
08-29-2013, 06:48 AM
This gif.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/6844f28a71355f866ccaada612402156/tumblr_mjve7njMeG1rw1wnno1_400.gif
that is all.

playwithfire
08-30-2013, 12:58 AM
nvm

rhet
08-30-2013, 03:01 AM
Watching Face Off. Unless, of course, one of my favorite competitors gets eliminated... Then I'm sad. But other than that, it always brings my mood up.

Oooh I didn't know there was a new season! You've made my day.

wizfan
08-30-2013, 04:07 AM
It's my b-day.

Fixer808
08-30-2013, 04:59 AM
Well happy birthday, then.

wizfan
08-30-2013, 05:46 AM
Why, thank you! You cheered me up more!

bgalbraith
08-30-2013, 03:22 PM
I passed my PhD qualifying exam today. Woo!

dlb
08-30-2013, 03:28 PM
Tapatio hot sauce. That's exactly what cheers me up right now! :)

Dra508
08-30-2013, 07:45 PM
Was entertained by nin food truck on twitter last night. I don't tweet and I'm not terribly creative, but I held my own. Weekend is going to be good.

ericy210
08-30-2013, 09:31 PM
Two words, Harley Davidson.

Halo Infinity
08-31-2013, 02:59 PM
Seeing gamers in their mid to late 20s, 30s, and 40s posting in the Games et Technology section. It's certainly a breath of fresh air after meeting several people that believe that playing video games should stop once you finish high school, finish college, start a career, get married and/or have children. I don't even play video games as much as I've used to, but I don't think I could ever stop gaming any time soon just yet.

Pillfred
08-31-2013, 08:29 PM
I'm in a gaming community with more than a few grown-ups. And I'm no spring chicken myself. I don't game really but I did get into some fps action for a while before my loss of internets. I would think it's rather common anymore. And it is kinda cool.

Big Fat Matt
08-31-2013, 10:34 PM
High waitsted denim shorts on a bigger girl

and

my ponytail being long enough to tickle my back when im shirtless.

Merse
09-01-2013, 12:08 AM
Tapatio hot sauce. That's exactly what cheers me up right now! :) My favorite so far, Sriracha just isn't as tasty. :)

thefragile_jake
09-01-2013, 12:24 AM
The weekends.

Not thinking about work and just being able to be in my own little world is amazing.

Pillfred
09-01-2013, 10:05 AM
Managed to get up at 6a.m. and not feel like shit. Also I think this new job may not be too bad.

nemesiswontdie
09-01-2013, 01:32 PM
Finding old pictures of when me and my dad went to the Branson zoo back in 2008.
Too bad there's no pictures of when I got to play with the Otters.

Big Fat Matt
09-01-2013, 02:59 PM
making sleep my bitch. Fuck off, you hoser!

halloween
09-01-2013, 04:29 PM
Getting my first car in a few days!!!

What doesn't cheer me up is how I'll have to loan a little money (probably just a few hundred dollars) from my dad to get insurance...I don't like being in debt to my dad but it's better than a bank!

Halo Infinity
09-01-2013, 09:22 PM
The good (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/308-The-Relationship-Thread?p=126501#post126501) parts (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/308-The-Relationship-Thread?p=126670#post126670) in The Relationship Thread (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/308-The-Relationship-Thread). :)

The_Prowler
09-01-2013, 09:37 PM
Oooh I didn't know there was a new season! You've made my day.
It's a pretty intense one so far... Newbies vs. veterans. Six new comers are going up against six former contestants. I'm not telling you who they are or who's gone home yet. You'll just have to watch.

Pillfred
09-03-2013, 12:03 AM
Chatted a bit with lady on a dating site, seems pretty cool. Not sure if it'll go anywhere but it was an unexpected bonus to an already pretty good day.

sukey
09-03-2013, 05:15 AM
Pimped out my beautiful expensive road bike with crosstop brakes and clipless pedals, so now I can go faster and feel safer.

vpintz
09-04-2013, 12:34 AM
Got my hair dyed. It looks awesome. Fuck yiss.

Pillfred
09-04-2013, 01:31 AM
My nephew went from snooty Dragon BallZ brat to pretty awesome. Had a good time chatting over fb with him just now.

wizfan
09-04-2013, 02:03 AM
Making new friends on ETS. <3

Fixer808
09-04-2013, 06:13 AM
now I can go faster
One of my coworkers got a warning from a cop because he was doing 70km in a 50 zone, on a fixed gear!

rhet
09-04-2013, 07:52 AM
sitting on a bench in the sun. glorious.

Pillfred
09-04-2013, 10:50 AM
One of my coworkers got a warning from a cop because he was doing 70km in a 50 zone, on a fixed gear!

Damn! I get going pretty good on mine doubt anywhere near that.

Halo Infinity
09-04-2013, 11:00 AM
Being punctual, as it helps me become more productive and responsible. I still need to work on this like several other aspects of my life though, and I can also say that it really is one of those things that makes me feel like a good person. :)

rhet
09-04-2013, 11:04 AM
I love being on time or early for work and professional engagements..I feel so much much less stressed and it gives me time to prepare for the day and organise my thoughts.

Dra508
09-05-2013, 05:20 PM
^^^ I so agree. I used to work out at 5:30 in the morning and have more done at work before 10 am. I don't do that anymore and feel less focused with to do lists never getting completed.

BUT - I came here to note that I am cheered by the fact I am actually checking things off the list and it makes me feel like I'm getting things done. It's best when it's both personal and professional to-do's.

Oh, and I hit 1,000 post count. I need to get a life but I enjoy so many little things about this place I just can't put it down.

Halo Infinity
09-06-2013, 05:12 PM
Getting some Burger King with an iced coffee after buying Hesitation Marks at Best Buy. Both locations were fortunately in Flushing, NY, which is close enough to Bayside. This will be the second best day to the actual NIN concert I'll be attending in Brooklyn. Heck, I'm going back to Burger King after the NIN concert too, since it's along the way home for me.

(I try not to eat and drink so much before attending concerts anyway.) :)

redshoewearer
09-06-2013, 05:18 PM
It is Friday - only 2 days from Breaking Bad. It is Friday - just that alone cheers me up.

playwithfire
09-06-2013, 05:45 PM
I work weekends and no longer know this joy (I did for a little bit, it was great.)

But! Free burlesque show tonight or something.

Fixer808
09-07-2013, 02:55 AM
We got rained out at work so we put in a shop shift doing some equipment repairs. I feel mechanically adept.

dlb
09-07-2013, 07:20 AM
Haven't laughed as much as I did the last days for quite a while. Took part in a meeting of a city magazine that will get me on the guestlist for several concerts this year while I only have to write about half a page for each gig. The people were amazing and after we finished planning the next issue we got drunk as hell. Made some good connections and most important potential good friends. That's no good work environment for me, but kicks up my hobby of writing (about music) to professional level and keeps me active on that. Yay!

So that's what happened and I finally catched up who Grace Helbig is. So I'm having fun at home in front of my computer too. :P

Pillfred
09-07-2013, 02:00 PM
came into work early todat due we're a man down to get a start on things and due to our server being sick were not open till 4 now. which is kinda nice as it gives me free time to dick around some and also get shit done. Yeah easy money.

Also found out ill be helping cater the Gordon Lightfoot show next saturday, so that should be kinds neat.

Big Fat Matt
09-07-2013, 04:12 PM
motherfuckers

i just got two kittens

/me moonwalks home

ImTheWiseJanitor
09-07-2013, 07:07 PM
My parents put our dog down today. I'm sad, for sure, but at the same time, I'm really glad he's not in pain anymore. Coincidentally, my siblings and I all just randomly decided to go home for a couple days at a time over the last week or so (All but one of us is living away from home), so everyone happened to get to see him one more time. That helps, because I feel like it'd be harder if we didn't get to see him one more time while we were all busy with our on-goings.

He's been in bad shape for a while, though. Fuse vertebrae in his back, on-setting paralysis, cataracts, deafness. He was even having trouble leaning his head down to drink or eat from his dishes, so we had to set them on top of a shoebox. We've had him for 14 years, so it was about his time. I miss the little guy, but at least he's not suffering anymore.

alg
09-08-2013, 08:13 PM
Lunar eclipse with Venus under the Moon.

Halo Infinity
09-08-2013, 08:25 PM
Regular iced coffe or vanilla iced coffee with Junior Mints, York Mints, and/or M&M's Mint Dark Chocolate Candies. :D

Fixer808
09-09-2013, 10:04 AM
Bought a kick-ass pair of Dayton biker boots off a coworker for $150. New they're closer to $600, I think? Whatever, I don't even care, all I care about is a cheap pair of well made leather boots that are gonna last for fuckin' ever and drive the ladies wild! Now I need a motorcycle to go with them...
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z246/Fixer808/boots_zpsd43ac119.jpg

Magtig
09-09-2013, 02:15 PM
FUCK YEAH! icklekitty just pushed my kickstarter (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1051873420/modern-ruin-white-hole) over the finish line! I get to spend the winter months trolling the deserts and painting abandoned buildings.

That, and I'm also looking at getting my red card (fire training cert) so I can go out on the fire line and shoot.

Fixer808
09-09-2013, 06:06 PM
Congrats dude!

Yoshata
09-10-2013, 11:41 AM
My Bookkeeping class was just unexpectedly canceled for the whole week, which gives me a four-day weekend, and we were supposed to have a test this week. That, and on Friday I get to go to the mall with my mom and sister, and the new Legend of Korra season premiers that day.

Huzzah!

blackholesun
09-11-2013, 02:20 AM
My life has been turning around lately. Work has been getting busier which is good since 75% of my income is commission. I recently auditioned for and got a gig as a live guitarist for a local band. That's been pretty fun. I've been attempting to get closer to my family...I've been out of touch for a while. But things are looking up. I feel good going into the fall.

Fixer808
09-11-2013, 04:40 AM
We kicked the last two shifts right in the teeth. Started a job last night, came back tonight and fucked it in the stinkhole. BAM, well trundled, 7 hour shift, no lunch because it would have derailed the trundling, just Redbull. Made us feel good, and we needed that because there's been some crap shifts the last couple weeks. And the next three days might be rough.

dlb
09-11-2013, 06:39 AM
There's an Indian cleaner at the place I'm doing freelance stuff for. He sings Indian songs all the time to keep him happy and sane while vacuuming the floors and collecting mugs and shit. When no one's looking I join him in the hallway and we cheerfully dance for a bit while I try to sing along to the best of my abilities (of course I don't speak a single word of his language).

Pillfred
09-11-2013, 10:16 AM
Got a tip for a french dip I made last night, really makes me wonder when people say "its the best____ I've had in a while." I'm guessing its more that's just what he really wanted. Also asked a girl out I've been crushing in for a bit and didn't get laughed at.

Halo Infinity
09-11-2013, 01:25 PM
A nap or a good night's sleep. I still can't believe that I sometimes forget the power a lack of sleep has when it comes to making emotions go screwy and haywire.

allegro
09-11-2013, 01:27 PM
There's an Indian cleaner at the place I'm doing freelance stuff for. He sings Indian songs all the time to keep him happy and sane while vacuuming the floors and collecting mugs and shit. When no one's looking I join him in the hallway and we cheerfully dance for a bit while I try to sing along to the best of my abilities (of course I don't speak a single word of his language).
You are AWESOME.

dlb
09-12-2013, 05:25 AM
Haha thank you, but oftentimes it keeps my mood up aswell. We were watching the Olympics together quite a bit last year in his little room and had a beer on Fridays! Too bad I'm not there as often as I used to. There are some serious obnoxious people at this place but some very cool people as well including him.

playwithfire
09-12-2013, 06:15 AM
A nap or a good night's sleep. I still can't believe that I sometimes forget the power a lack of sleep has when it comes to making emotions go screwy and haywire.

SERIOUSLY. I used to (and frequently still do) work a bunch of drastic hours. But, like, it used to be bad. At some point last fall I got put on a closing schedule for a little while, and I'd forgotten how getting enough sleep each night made you feel.

I'd been surviving on like... 3 hours here... 5 there... 3 hours again... sleep like 10 hours to make up for it... 1 hour here... for so long that I'd gotten used to how unbalanced it made you feel. Didn't even notice it until I got back to something healthy.

Also, my boyfriend is in some insane combination of internship/Master's degree hell and I wish he'd sleep more. He gets depressed and the lack of sleep/normal food/exercise is just gonna make that shit worse.

dlb
09-12-2013, 02:24 PM
Forwarded this to a friend today who was beyond thankful. Maybe this is something for you guys aswell:

http://chrismccombs.net/25-ways-to-feel-awesome/

Halo Infinity
09-13-2013, 01:55 PM
Not that I ever really left, but knowing that my return to ETS turned out to be a lot better than I expected has also made this year for me right up there with Hesitation Marks coming out.

theruiner
09-13-2013, 03:03 PM
Seeing my best friend in a few hours.

After the horribleness that was the last couple of days (the last month, really) I needed this. I haven't seen her in three years. I can't wait.

Also: flying instead of driving. It's going to take almost as long when all is said and done (doesn't help that I'm staying in my hometown, near my best friend, which is an hour away from the airport) and it was WAY more expensive, but there was no way I could go today if I drove, and I wanted to get to Cali as soon as possible.

slave2thewage
09-13-2013, 03:20 PM
Being told "Pffft, you don't need to do the interview, you're in."

Wasted bus trip, though.

Pillfred
09-13-2013, 04:20 PM
No more garnish teh paychecks!

redshoewearer
09-14-2013, 08:54 PM
I picked 20 lbs. tomatoes, made and canned 6 pints. of salsa and 5 pints of spaghetti sauce, and made a big pot of stewed tomatoes. 6 hours of work - tiring but satisfying.

Pillfred
09-15-2013, 12:56 AM
Weekend over, only work teh one, (good) job tomorrow, and I get free sloppy joes! Then assuming I can stay awake a tie-dye party, and beer, mostly beer.

Fixer808
09-16-2013, 05:40 AM
Conan. I haven't even seen it but it pleases me to know that there's a web show called "Serious Jibber-Jabber with Conan O'Brien".

playwithfire
09-16-2013, 11:30 AM
nvm

frankie teardrop
09-16-2013, 11:50 AM
a modded ipod with a 240 gig harddrive... having everything i need on here with 10 gigs to spare (for now). saves me hours in the morning.

Pillfred
09-16-2013, 02:03 PM
^
Nice, was it a pain to do? I can't solder for shit but my buddy is pretty good at it. If I could swing that I'd consider picking another one up.

Halo Infinity
09-16-2013, 11:16 PM
@eversonpoe (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=588) @marodi (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=125) - When in the right mood, it just does. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCtQmwJ1WAY

theruiner
09-17-2013, 12:08 AM
I have the most amazing best friend on the planet. Seeing her this weekend reignited my desire to move back to California. I am going to seriously start looking into making that happen as soon as possible. In the meantime I am going to miss her terribly, but I hope we will be living close to each other again soon.

Pillfred
09-17-2013, 12:58 AM
I have the most amazing best friend on the planet. Seeing her this weekend reignited my desire to move back to California. I am going to seriously start looking into making that happen as soon as possible. In the meantime I am going to miss her terribly, but I hope we will be living close to each other again soon.

Just was thinking a similar thing, ran into some friends out for an anniversary, always nice to meet up with good people.

Fixer808
09-17-2013, 03:21 AM
DO IT. Get the fuck out of Arizona.

fizz7283
09-17-2013, 03:41 AM
Knowing I don't have to wake up early for work because it's my weekend =)

johnhenry
09-17-2013, 01:13 PM
Coming up with variants on what TR stands for. Trần Rozboz and Theodore Reznevelt are two of my all-time favorites.

slave2thewage
09-17-2013, 01:46 PM
Tina Rainbows.

sentient02970
09-18-2013, 01:12 PM
So I've had this lingering idea for a book to write the last few weeks and I decided to pass it to a contributing writer for Outside magazine to get her take on the idea as she wrote an article about a similar subject. She just emailed me back saying she actually is writing a book on it now and it's a fantastic idea for a book, right now. I'm encouraged. :)

Halo Infinity
09-19-2013, 08:11 PM
I think I'd also occasionally post video game songs that cheer me up here from time to time. And to start with, I'm glad that embed features for YouTube have existed for quite some time now. That one was way overdue because I cringe at having to go through URLs, or having people go through URLs instead of just playing them right away. Embedding seems to be a lot more encouraging for views too, since one doesn't have to leave the site they're on to watch it.

Anyway, this song from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles In Time has a very good feel good factor to it. And like the top comment said in another video of this song, it really was in my head during my high school graduation. It'll most likely be in my head when/if other good things happen too. (Like getting that dream girlfriend or dream job.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEa-wPZnXrI

And this cheers me up purely from nostalgia. I've always had a soft spot for this kind of sound too. (And it also thankfully helps being an actual old school TMNT fan.) And thanks to both the song and the video, I end up thinking of it whenever I eat pizza. (Another little thing that cheers me up, especially with just the right amount/flavor of soda.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKkExWToWkc

It's just one of those things that really make me feel like a kid again. I also might as well have just said TMNT and pizza, but I also like those songs. :p

october_midnight
09-20-2013, 12:00 PM
Got to see one of my favorite bands in a club with only a handful of people, and hang out/have drinks with them and talk everything until 2 in the morning. Fun night with the wife and friends.

Halo Infinity
09-20-2013, 03:30 PM
This thread. (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/2392-Old-fan-returns!) :)

Demogorgon
09-20-2013, 03:45 PM
coming home from a vacation. it's nice to get away from it all once in awhile, and i had a good time, but ya know... it's damn good to be home.

littlemonkey613
09-20-2013, 09:33 PM
Haha I burned by mom Hesitation Marks and she just texted me, "trent!!!!!! luv #9,8 4 and 5. been listening all week. see you tomorrow."

Put a right big smile on my face.

redshoewearer
09-21-2013, 12:53 PM
a modded ipod with a 240 gig harddrive... having everything i need on here with 10 gigs to spare (for now). saves me hours in the morning.

Was it a latest generation classic? I have a 160gb one and I'd love to do that - what type of hard drive did you use and where did you get it?

Cheers me up to have dug out the eggplant spine from last night out of my finger after several tries. They have surprisingly sharp but really small thorns at the top where one tends to grab when cutting them off the plant.

playwithfire
09-21-2013, 08:57 PM
nvm

Pillfred
09-22-2013, 12:28 AM
Working my ass off. It seems to keep me overall tired and busy enough not to be able to dwell on all the dumb shit I normally would. Though this week I has day off! Woot for being able to maybe get something else done! That and I may be moving into a house with a buddy and his lady. I'll have the basement to myself which has a bathroom and wet bar. For the extra hundo it'll be worth it to have a back yard etc. And I got killed at work today and the big boss (new job) said I did good. Which was nice considering I basically still don't know the menu for shit. All in all feeling pretty good about things atm.

Halo Infinity
09-22-2013, 10:42 PM
Even as somebody that still posts in threads about the little things that piss you off or the mental health thread, I noticed that not giving a fuck in some ways seems to increase when you get older, but for more and more of the right reasons. Granted, I still need to work on that though, as I still occasionally freak out as I can be quite the worrier, or stop caring about things that actually matter when I get unfocused and jaded, but I hope that my disease to please will eventually fuck off and die altogether.

I suppose that could count as one thing that's cheering me up little by little. ;)

Pillfred
09-23-2013, 07:44 PM
This never gets old.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPZAiMUjSjY

Fixer808
09-23-2013, 10:19 PM
Even as somebody that still posts in threads about the little things that piss you off or the mental health thread, I noticed that not giving a fuck in some ways seems to increase when you get older, but for more and more of the right reasons. Granted, I still need to work on that though, as I still occasionally freak out as I can be quite the worrier, or stop caring about things that actually matter when I get unfocused and jaded, but I hope that my disease to please will eventually fuck off and die altogether.

I suppose that could count as one thing that's cheering me up little by little. ;)
As you get older you learn not to sweat the small stuff...

Magtig
09-24-2013, 10:01 PM
Goodbye shitty uninspiring riot (https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/622137_416981555006500_1794016569_o.jpg) neighborhood! I just put in two weeks notice with my landlord. I'm moving to the desert (http://www.jeff-frost.com/img/s9/v97/p1604155046-5.jpg) for the winter.

Fixer808
09-25-2013, 03:27 AM
YES. I can't wait to see what films come of this!

Pillfred
09-25-2013, 12:20 PM
First day off in over 20, I'm not broke, going to a show later, I pooped good. I say bring on the day. Should be busy once I get going but I'm good with that. It'll be on my time today!

Halo Infinity
09-25-2013, 12:34 PM
Seeing people being understanding in the mental health thread. It's such a relief, since I've had unpleasant experiences of being dismissed as weird, weak, dumb, and crazy in the past. It sometimes helps me get back on the horse so to speak. :p

Ryan
09-27-2013, 09:27 PM
iOS 7 for iPhone 4S -- the lock to keep the screen portrait is amazing, no more it flipping itself when looking at it in bed.

Ryan
09-27-2013, 09:30 PM
Also - it's my birthday tomorrow (Sept 29) -- Dad just got new speakers put in my car for me as a present. The bass finally sounds awesome and I can listen to Hesitation Marks without crackly bullshit going on in the back of the car!

Halo Infinity
09-28-2013, 03:36 PM
Me-time. And I don't think it even needs any actual explanation. However... I think that I could still use more of it. :p

theruiner
09-28-2013, 07:43 PM
The possibility of moving back to California.

When I think of how difficult it will probably be to find a job and line up an affordable place to live I get really depressed. But I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that I can pull it off and the fact that I'm finally in a place where I can make the move is exciting. I hope within six months I am living back on California soil.

Yoshata
09-28-2013, 10:44 PM
Got my income tax homework done today. Just gotta do a little more tax work tomorrow, but it won't be nearly as big as the homework.

Getting things done earlier than the day before they're due feels really good...gotta try to keep that habit up.

Halo Infinity
09-29-2013, 02:18 PM
This isn't exactly joyous, but it certainly gave me a reason to smile and actually mean it. Learning more, and getting a better grasp at picking and choosing your battles also makes life a better journey. It just goes back to to putting things into balance and perspective again. Sure, I don't want to be a pushover, and sometimes I have to be a fighter, but not completely one of the other since being too passive or belligerent can always get you into deep shit.

It's also sort of funny how I got reminded of this as I was listening to La Mer. :p

dlb
09-30-2013, 03:56 AM
Don't you just love it when you have a new song stuck in your head that makes you smile, think positive and even dance when no one is looking? It's great how music can lift you up!

Pillfred
09-30-2013, 08:49 AM
Ibuprofen.

REPLICA
09-30-2013, 10:27 PM
After a month of waiting for an eBay purchase (Dr. Who scarf) and emailing the seller and opening a case… Justice was awarded in the form of a full refund which will go to helping me buy a few things I need for school. I would have liked to have that scarf though… Maybe for Christmas. The right people kept their jobs!

Pillfred
10-02-2013, 12:15 AM
Heard the Northern Lights are out, and I kinda got to see them. Damn city life...

Pillfred
10-02-2013, 02:43 PM
^Congrats.

Security guard just asked me to turn down my headphones, metal music done right.

DF118
10-04-2013, 05:01 PM
The word "fannybaws".

Halo Infinity
10-04-2013, 05:28 PM
My old avatar. It just might ring a bell for some of you. ;)

Custom Title: Reptile!
http://i737.photobucket.com/albums/xx20/KrisAtETS/th_YoshiSuperStar_zps0e38cb4a.gif?t=1380925390

Pillfred
10-04-2013, 09:37 PM
Just lost a rambling post to technical issues.

In short I went to apply for a job, they didn't need any help, but the new place opening down town and just up the street is. Dude walked me over, next thing I know I'm being interviewed and offered a job starting at about the same money as my shit job. Turns out I know the chef from an old job. The place is brand new and it's going to be chaos when it opens but it should be fun.

Was not expecting that as I had just left my other job. Needless to say the fence I was on about other (bad) place exploded. So I quit today. Feel some what bad about it but I can handle the apathy there anymore. I've lived apathy I'm over it, but if you want to test me I'll put on a free clinic.

I'm nervous about getting my ass handed to me but I'm looking forward to see if I can do it.

Also my buddy who usually has the worst timing came into town for a quick visit so I got to hang out with him for a bit which was nice. Got a lot of things up in the air atm but I think its time to change things up a bit.

If I can keep it together things should be looking better and settling down by the end of the month. And I should hopefully be on a better track. Or it may blow up in my face. Oh well the gods do what they will.

/even longer rant

Big Fat Matt
10-04-2013, 10:31 PM
Getting a compliment on my vest from a dude who LOVES The Armed, apparently.

Getting a compliment from the cashier on not just my hair but my taste in wine. Gave her my phone number, "maybe we can share some in the near future." When did i learn to talk to women?

Sarah K
10-04-2013, 11:26 PM
The other night, I was at my Mom's wedding. I dipped out to grab a Red Bull, and aome dude asked me if I was going to the prom.

The next night, a waitress told me that I don't look 21.

Ill be 29 in a few days. The fuck?

Jinsai
10-05-2013, 01:30 AM
spent the past three years + working on this album, just finished it tonight. I think it's good, I'm happy.

Dra508
10-05-2013, 10:33 AM
The other night, I was at my Mom's wedding. I dipped out to grab a Red Bull, and aome dude asked me if I was going to the prom.

The next night, a waitress told me that I don't look 21.

Ill be 29 in a few days. The fuck?In a couple of years, you'll be really thrilled when you get carded.

Halo Infinity
10-06-2013, 01:11 PM
Not to look/be blindly optimistic, but in all seriousness, sometimes it just boils down to being thankful, especially when you really sit down and consider how horrible and how low the odds can be against you, especially when looking at others sometimes. Not to say that everything will become puppies, sunshine, and rainbows after you're grateful, but it really does grant me some form of genuine happiness from time to time, despite my qualms, and overall fear of being in the wrong.

Halo Infinity
10-07-2013, 06:28 AM
I thought I'd just get this out of the way while I still remembered it. This also might be lame and boring depending on your personality. I've come to realize that I like routine, structure, predictability, and a very decent if not generous amount of silence and personal space in school/work settings. That's the ideal for somebody like me. It also cheers me up because it makes me feel secure and comfortable, as I would be more likely to have my emotions on a flat and linear path in a professional setting.

And yes, even though I can accept and acknowledge that life isn't always perfect for obviously reasons, it's just me merely stating that I really am the type of person that loves having things in a neat little boxes.

sentient02970
10-09-2013, 03:26 PM
Dry erase board in the cubicle area at work notifies us that "Snacks are located in the back (near the deer head)". Someone actually mounted a head of a deer in the cubicle area, near the ceiling. But the ringer is the note left below the notice stating "So I guess that means (puts on sunglasses) snacks are under a buck."

Scarlet Siren
10-09-2013, 03:51 PM
New photography books. I'm expecting Storm by Paolo Pellegrin to arrive tomorrow. Every time I feel down I treat myself to photography books... Good thing it's not often, it can get pricey.

Halo Infinity
10-09-2013, 06:29 PM
Another thing that cheered me up about The Mental Health thread was to be abled to speak of my guarded personality without any controversy, dissension, derision, or impunity. The last couple of times I did that on Facebook, it usually never ended well. :confused:

Yoshata
10-09-2013, 06:30 PM
I kicked that midterm's ass, Seabass.

klang
10-09-2013, 09:47 PM
Finally got around to unpacking a lot of my shit and cleaning out my room. I can actually walk to my bed without pulling any crazy maneuvers!

Pillfred
10-10-2013, 07:47 PM
So happy to finally be working in a kitchen that, in my mind, is run the right way that doesn't come with an elitist attitude. It seems like about half the kids are fairly green but they all seem eager enough and really it's a good place to get some of the basics down that one may miss at a more corporate place. It's basically a fancy taco joint but we make everything from scratch so that's nice. From what i ate today it all seems pretty good. It's all pretty easy putting meat in taco shells but i imagine the volume will get pretty crazy. It's good to be excited about working somewhere again, been a long time.

Halo Infinity
10-10-2013, 07:51 PM
I kicked that midterm's ass, Seabass.
You saying that actually got me to imagine/picture a midterm getting smacked with a sea bass. :p

Yoshata
10-10-2013, 07:56 PM
^^
That's awesome. Now I'm imagining that scene I partially quoted from Dumb and Dumber, where instead of Seabass being a dude, it's just a fish that flings itself at Harry's head. "Kick his ass, Seabass!" *FLIP* *SMACK*

:D

The_Prowler
10-10-2013, 11:52 PM
Talking to certain friends. There are a few special people in my life who can always make me feel better no matter how shitty I may be feeling emotionally or physically, even if they're not actively trying to make me feel better. Just the simple joy of talking to them in general is all it takes.

Halo Infinity
10-11-2013, 10:58 AM
Having friends like that would cheer me up too. Just about everybody I knew drifted away even though they didn't move to another city/town/state/country.

Halo Infinity
10-11-2013, 11:44 AM
Oh yes, and knowing that I'm still generally liked around ETS despite some of the things I've said that were way off or not even completely thought out here. Aside from posting when I'm angry or sad being a horrible idea, I shouldn't post when I'm literally sick or exhausted too. That often leads to terrible posts. *Bad Kris! Bad!*

Oh well, at least I can still have a sense of humor about it, and I used to be more outspoken back in the day... but in very not so good way. :p

dlb
10-11-2013, 11:54 AM
After having worked on myself for the past 8 months things are finally coming together nicely and I start to feel really well despite some breakdowns here and there for which I am soley to blame. There were great things happening along the way, but the goals are now very much in sight! It's great to finally become the person that many friends and aquaintances are looking up to.

This and the thought of NIN coming to my doorstep in maybe summer. Yay! :D

Halo Infinity
10-11-2013, 02:05 PM
Recovering from a cold and fortunately having the time to get rid of it. I'm so thankful to have today off, just for that, and I'm amazed at how much I take regular breathing and swallowing for granted. I'd hope to also cut down on these all-nighters on the Internet big-time because of that. I really need to catch up on more sleep anyway.

Ryan
10-13-2013, 04:03 AM
I met Dan Aykroyd on Friday and had him sign some of my Crystal Head vodka, also got some video footage.

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/509/2yes.jpg

Halo Infinity
10-13-2013, 01:54 PM
Just getting better for the NIN show tomorrow. It's easy to take regular breathing and swallowing for granted, but once it's gone for even just a few minutes, you end up loving it once it returns. And besides, I just want to be good and ready for the NIN show anyway. I don't need to be coughing all over the damn place, especially for the other fans' own sake.

The_Prowler
10-13-2013, 03:09 PM
Playing music out live always makes me feel better. Unless I'm having a bad night where my playing is way off, in which case I feel even worse >.<

Pillfred
10-13-2013, 07:47 PM
Just getting better for the NIN show tomorrow. It's easy to take regular breathing and swallowing for granted, but once it's gone for even just a few minutes, you end up loving it once it returns. And besides, I just want to be good and ready for the NIN show anyway. I don't need to be coughing all over the damn place, especially for the other fans' own sake.

Been there. Went to a Pantera show with bronchitis, I'm guessing, got some strange looks in the pit busting out the inhaler. Was totally worth it though.

And since I touched on it, metal music. Sometimes when you're angry it can aggravate the situation or like today it can be just what is needed to soothe the swelling anger.

Halo Infinity
10-15-2013, 12:45 AM
That tired as fuck yet VERY satisfied feeling arriving at home from a Nine Inch Nails concert and then winding down a bit later on before going to sleep. It's one of those moments that make me think, "Ah, this is the life, and this exactly what dreams are made of."

The NIN concert at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NY really made my year. :D

dlb
10-15-2013, 02:07 PM
^^ lucky you! :D

Just got confirmation that I'll be attending 5 concerts this fall for the city magazine I'm writing for from time to time. Including the Icarus Line and Savages. Hell yes and all for free! Too bad I didn't get Tricky, but I'll gladly pay for that.

Pillfred
10-16-2013, 11:51 AM
Its new place day. Getting the keys in exchange for a sizable check (for me) and can start moving in. Also it turns out disc 5 of Band of Brothers I got from the library has 6 as well.

Halo Infinity
10-16-2013, 11:51 AM
The mere fact that I'm actually immune to spoilers and jokes being explained. It's quite the relief in a way.

Pillfred
10-16-2013, 10:55 PM
So after a moment of wtf when I got to the place, some shit looked kinda janky. We talked with the maintenance guys and I guess they only had a day to work on shit. Not a huge deal because we have the extra time yet.

Overall I'm liking it, just needs some loving and it will be a cool place. Excited to be that house on the block, but in a good way. Backyard fires are going to be the shit!

theruiner
10-17-2013, 03:15 AM
Waking up in the middle of the night, looking at the clock and realizing I don't have to be up for another three hours.

Halo Infinity
10-17-2013, 10:39 PM
Listening to The Downward Spiral. I felt like complete and utter shit a couple of minutes ago, and now I feel so much better. :D

Kojane
10-18-2013, 07:58 AM
Walking into a store and hearing one of your favourite songs being played

Fixer808
10-18-2013, 12:15 PM
The dumb shit we come up with to pass the time at work. One of the recent, and most enduring ones is Pharlaiy (pronounced like "Farley"), our fictional coworker, and the worst employee in the world.

Some of Pharlaiy's traits include:
- being lactose intolerant, but still drinking shitloads of milk and complaining about being sick all the time
- getting completely naked in the change-room and making a lot of extended eye contact
- pulling his pants all the way down at urinals
- he's allergic to so much stuff and carries, like, 4 epi-pens, but is desperately afraid of needles, so if he gets stung by a bee he still tries to dodge away from you when you're trying to save his life
- he gets dropped off at work by his mom, who is SO HOT and is always making thinly veiled innuendos at everybody, but then he's standing there completely clueless eating a sandwich, and even though he chews really loud and you hate him, you kinda feel sorry for him so you don't nail his mom. Until later, when you do.

Oh Pharlaiy, we hate you so much...

tony.parente
10-18-2013, 03:39 PM
After a year and a half working at a NOC as a temp they finally hired me on as an employee.

And gave me an 11$ raise.

Kojane
10-18-2013, 04:42 PM
Heard my 2 year old cousin talk for the first time on the phone. That cheered me up some amount

Halo Infinity
10-18-2013, 07:26 PM
I bought a typewriter yesterday. So amazing to use!
That just made me think of Closure, which also cheered me up because I not only like Closure, but I remember when I first got it. It was such a good day in whatever part of May or June of 2004 that I got it on, as that was also during the last few months of my senior year in high school. :)

ryanp16
10-18-2013, 07:40 PM
When a randomer on the street says "Thank you" after you give them directions.

Or when people just ask you for directions. Makes me feel like I at least look like an approachable kinda guy. :p

dlb
10-18-2013, 07:42 PM
Makes me feel like I at least look like an approachable kinda guy. :p

Hahah I know that feeling! I get super excited if many people are around and I'm having headphones on, yet I still get approached. Puts a huge smile on my face and a big "fuck all of you standing here! I am the man!" in my head. :D

Same thing when someone I find likeable choses to sit next to me on the train or bus although most seats are empty.

Halo Infinity
10-18-2013, 08:12 PM
After a year and a half working at a NOC as a temp they finally hired me on as an employee.

And gave me an 11$ raise.
Did you literally laugh your way to the bank? I know that I seriously would. That's just awesome. :D

dlb
10-19-2013, 01:15 PM
This would fit better into the "huh what is it? good or bad?" thread, but since that doesn't exist I chose to think positive.

Scored guestlist places for the Naked & Famous in two weeks. I get a weird sensation from their music. I actually hate it, but it's too damn catchy and I'm taking a very nice girl with me. She's quite curvy to put it in a charming way, but oh lord, do I like her! Argh! So, even if this evening turns out like utter shite I still got to see a band for free and hey, JMJ and Alan Moulder are on their record. A little bit of NIN to help me through an evening of which I have absolutely no idea of how it will go. Yay for me! :D

ryanp16
10-19-2013, 01:39 PM
Beat a previous best on a run by a considerable amount. :D

Halo Infinity
10-20-2013, 01:39 PM
It's amazing how a common cold has helped remind me to keep things in perspective again. I also noticed that the more I accepted myself, while being okay with myself, I've found more reasons and purposes to live and make amends. I'm currently more than ever to finish what will hopefully be my last semester, which is saying something as I've had a long history of not really getting along with school, and losing weight.

Being reminded and more encouraged to treat school like job, and perceive it as a job has also helped me get it together mentally and emotionally. It's just now a matter of giving it my all, before I work full time. I might go back to college for the third time if I ever find some other calling again. Despite some of the things I still dislike about school, there are actually certain things about it that I love and have grown to respect. Recovering from the common cold has also reminded me to keep things on track and not take things for granted, which is why I'm also even more reminded and encouraged to lose weight.

This has cheered me up as of now, and I hope to get cheered up more if I manage to lose weight, do my own thing, and get my shit done, while making my amends. I'd still hope for all the luck in the world, but this motivation is making me feel better about myself. No wonder why loving yourself obviously has a lot to do with success and doing the right things. And not that I'll ever think I'm the best thing since sliced bread, or look through rose-tinted glasses and deluding myself to actually believe that everything is a bowl of cherries, puppies, and rainbows, but at the same time, I really just want to be my own source of comfort, and stop being a victim, while finding my own sense of security.

It feels very good to just get this off my chest, as I've somehow managed to make some peace with myself. Self-acceptance and self-awareness kicks ass.

Pillfred
10-20-2013, 03:51 PM
^
Right on. Yea its easy to get stuck in your own bullshit, especially if you spend a fair amount of time alone.

Myself its today, or more just how plane wore out I am. My brain is barely functioning atm and its awesome. All internal chatter is mute. Work was sort of ruff this morning but otherwise I'm good with it. Also I can sleep all I want tonight. It's sort of why I run myself ragged on the weekends. It also helps I don't hate my places of employment.

/random nonsense

Big Fat Matt
10-20-2013, 09:02 PM
realizing how much music you discover in less than a year.

The Armed, Nice Hooves, Old Gods, Child Bite, We Are Hex, Mexican Knives, Swans, Golden Torso, Author & Punisher, Nails, Negative Approach, The Meatmen, Easy Action, Spit Spewing Snakes, Andrew WK, SNAFU, Burzum, Dillinger Escape Plan, Florence + The Machine.

fucking aye

Halo Infinity
10-20-2013, 09:45 PM
The entertainment and potential comedic goldmines derived from goodbye threads, "I hate this board, but I'm still going to talk about it and stay here." threads, "Nine Inch Nails sucks now threads", or these things about "Nine Inch Nails suck now threads", and Internet tough guy threats.

Out of all things, I just can't get pissed off at stuff like that, especially when you consider the "ownage" that ensues. :p

Pillfred
10-20-2013, 10:32 PM
Just talked with an electrical engineer who gave me a bomb ass taco recipe. Random people FTW!

mfte
10-21-2013, 07:07 AM
THis cheered me up

Toronto weirdos and former Weird Band Poll winners Barbara (http://weirdestbandintheworld.com/tag/barbara/) have made a short film, and while it doesn’t technically involve any music, it’s too random not to share.

http://weirdestbandintheworld.com/2013/10/20/and-now-a-short-film-from-barbara/

Kojane
10-21-2013, 07:37 AM
Chocolate milk! It's the best thing ever, really

halloween
10-21-2013, 10:12 AM
Running into these on my old photobucket account: 1 (http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t248/5laisa/Random/fuck.jpg), 2 (http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t248/5laisa/Random/lohan.jpg),3 (http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t248/5laisa/Random/dick.jpg), 4 (http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t248/5laisa/Random/vote.jpg), and my favourite 5 (http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t248/5laisa/Random/cum.jpg).

playwithfire
10-21-2013, 10:32 AM
OMG! So much fucking nostalgia.

sick among the pure
10-21-2013, 10:08 PM
While I've been cooking meals for over 10 years now, I've just stared delving into baking, and I think I'm doing a damn good job. Made a mixed berry pie with crumble crust tonight and even though I hate raspberries and blackberries, this shit is delicious.

Halo Infinity
10-22-2013, 08:25 PM
This is perhaps one of my most favorite movie scenes to cheer me up ever. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK0-76FChfk

Big Fat Matt
10-22-2013, 10:29 PM
Been trying to get a noise band going for months. Finally had 2 very vital pieces fall into place that will have me making, recording and performing (read as: bumming people out) by April of 2014.

elevenism
10-23-2013, 08:15 AM
Been trying to get a noise band going for months. Finally had 2 very vital pieces fall into place that will have me making, recording and performing (read as: bumming people out) by April of 2014.

Where are you, man? a noise band sounds like a lot of fun to me. ive been playing guitar for over 20 years and ultimately developed a very personal noisy, droney style. by any chance are you near the texas panhandle? i'd LOOOOOVVVE to jam.

I get cheered up by the fact that i can play guitar these days WAY better than i ever thought was possible. i can fucking shred. im not trying to brag, i just can. 25 years of mindless practice has paid off.

And i hate to say it, but chipping opiates REALLY cheers me up :)

Big Fat Matt
10-23-2013, 11:02 PM
i am 20 minutes west of detroit.

edit: the two vital pieces are a buddy with recording equipment and a place to make sounds.

Fixer808
10-24-2013, 08:48 AM
That would be quite the commute...

Oh, and last night I was at work and our job site was very Han Solo-esque. "Okay, the intersection we're going to is the corner of Harris and Ford."

Halo Infinity
10-24-2013, 04:59 PM
Iced coffee with donuts or chocolate chip cookies.

Big Fat Matt
10-24-2013, 05:02 PM
got a free guitar today that has something messed up in it that allows it only to feed back and make siren-like noises. this is cool.

ImTheWiseJanitor
10-25-2013, 01:56 PM
My roommate's dog that he brought when he moved in. She's been here about 3 months now, and she's definitely warmed up to everybody. She's sleeping under my desk as I type. She's very well behaved, and any time she wants to play, she knows to pick up a toy and just nudge our hands and feet with it. So glad this whole "having to live with a puppy" thing is worked out.

Halo Infinity
10-26-2013, 09:24 AM
Just seeing people being upfront and direct about their sexuality and marital status here, and how accepting people are. I'd probably be a lot more social if it was just that easy in real life, so it's overall just nice to see the Internet allowing people to be more direct and accepting. :)

Halo Infinity
10-26-2013, 11:32 AM
Knowing that this commercial actually exists and getting a chance to see it. I also posted it in the Ministry thread. It kind of makes me wish that there was a 3 minute version of it. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGULNeTQPYY

rhet
10-26-2013, 02:16 PM
i absolutely love my job despite having to be up at 5am and be on my feet for 12hrs+ and i'm working with the best crew ever at the moment. don't want it to end!

Pillfred
10-27-2013, 01:35 AM
Right now. After 36 hours of work the last two days I only have one more shift left. It's four and a half hours from now but then I'm done.

Halo Infinity
10-27-2013, 09:57 AM
Realizing that I sometimes have to figure out certain things on my own, and actually have. It also saved me a lot of time and trouble from saying and asking the wrong things, and actually gave me more reasons to be quiet. Figuring out what not to say is still something I've always had to struggle with, but the more I learned about what not to say, the better my well-being as it made me manage to dodge more bullets these days. It also makes life easier in some ways too.

dlb
10-27-2013, 10:34 AM
Job interview tomorrow, well actually it's already a first day of work to see how I'll do. Guess that thing is already in the bag though! Money and new things to learn. Here I come! :)

icklekitty
10-27-2013, 01:36 PM
Being friends with local goths and then writing about things to do with NIN and then having all your NIN friends comment and said goths, who thought they knew it all and were teh biggest NIN fan ever because they saw them once per tour when NIN visited London, getting confused because actual NIN fans know more.

#elitism

icecream
10-27-2013, 03:27 PM
Pictures of pugs in Halloween costumes make me happy.

Big Fat Matt
10-27-2013, 04:25 PM
proving a know-it-all wrong.

>in front of people.

>people that respect him.

>his family and friends.

>his daughter asking her mother "wow, i didnt know people were smarter than daddy!"

>my internal dialogue "YER GODDAMNED RIGHT! YOUR DADDY DON'T KNOW DICK, HE JUST KNOWS HOW TO LIE REALLY WELL"

>actually just got another jack n coke (or 3) and went back to drinking my paycheck away.

Charmingly Miserable
10-27-2013, 07:33 PM
A good nap to ease a hangover.

Pillfred
10-27-2013, 08:10 PM
I took a nap because, well death. And now instead of the hard worked for state of total brain drain, I'm a raging ball of piss and vinegar. Not crabby patty like some naps can make a person just still in destroy mode from my 70 hour work weekend but only now I have nothing to do. And since a fair bit of the population revolves around a typical work week everyone is either watching the Vikings take it in the ass, or generally being a Sunday bum.

See this is the cheer you up thread and I'm still pissing vinegar.

Um, no work tomorrow and the fact that if I so choose, which I probably will, I can get shit show drunk tonight and sleep all day if I want.

Also, I haven't stood up sin 3:30 when I laid down even though I have to legitimately urinate, and have also been awake for the last three hours. My poor feet thank me.

dlb
10-28-2013, 09:58 AM
Rocked the job interview eventhough I got pretty drunk yesterday. Next week has me starting, yay!

And my first online features for local concerts went up. Not a big deal, but it kinda makes you proud when something you've written gets published and seen by others. :)

ryanp16
10-28-2013, 07:08 PM
Going to Germany in just over three weeks for a few days for a gig. Staying with one of my friends who I've never actually met but we talk online a lot and she's awesome. Should be really fun. Can't wait.

Halo Infinity
10-28-2013, 08:35 PM
When a due date for a school project gets pushed back. I wish that would happen more often, because even if I was punctual, I could still bask in extra comfort as well. So, you see? I don't hate all surprises after all now, do I? :p

redshoewearer
10-28-2013, 09:48 PM
Getting all the problems right, just before the deadline, on my online homework after mucking about with them for days.

Fixer808
10-28-2013, 10:45 PM
Came home to an email from a local radio station informing me I've won passes to see The Pack a.d. on Wednesday! I just entered on a whim because I know a couple of their songs and enjoy them, so I'm happy :)

dlb
10-29-2013, 07:17 AM
Going to Germany in just over three weeks for a few days for a gig. Staying with one of my friends who I've never actually met but we talk online a lot and she's awesome. Should be really fun. Can't wait.

That cheers me up! :D

Where are you staying?

ryanp16
10-29-2013, 07:41 AM
That cheers me up! :D

Where are you staying?

Kaiserslautern! :D

dlb
10-29-2013, 10:58 AM
Haha okay, that's unexpected! :D

Not the biggest and most adorable city here, but if you're lucky you're there right around the christmas market time. The one in Kaiserslautern is a really nice one and the nearby church makes it quite pitoresque. There are many fountains in the city aswell that make for some nice sights. But since you're visiting a friend she will know where to take you and especially what to eat and drink! Enjoy your stay!

Pillfred
10-29-2013, 03:35 PM
Yesterday I did nothing and it was everything I thought it would be.

Halo Infinity
10-29-2013, 06:25 PM
The hindsight, insight, and hopefully potential foresight I can get from history. I'm not a history buff, and obviously anything but an expert on history, but I noticed that you don't even have to delve that deep into history to get a clearer perspective on why and how we are the way we are, and how we should be sort of thankful for being born into settings and eras that are actually far more comfortable and forgiving than others. Perhaps that's one of the reasons why we have history buffs, and I see why history definitely has a connection with anthropology and sociology more and more now.

Pillfred
10-30-2013, 02:07 AM
Ran into one of the girls I randomly hung out with a few weeks back. Had a good time talking horror movies and huey lewis and the news.

ibanez33
10-30-2013, 02:55 AM
Ran into one of the girls I randomly hung out with a few weeks back. Had a good time talking horror movies and huey lewis and the news.

Were you wearing a rain coat?

sentient02970
10-30-2013, 07:59 AM
Coffee is making all (ok, well most) of the insecurities and self-loathing wash away this morning.

Pillfred
10-30-2013, 11:46 AM
Were you wearing a rain coat?

Hahaha, nah just a greasy t-shirt and jeans. I did space on asking for her number. Oh well I'm sure I'll see her again at some point.

Coffee is making all (ok, well most) of the insecurities and self-loathing wash away this morning.

Simultaneous orgasms, twice in one week!

Remember the Titans! I could ride that wave for at least a week. ;)

And bonus, I too have coffee, albeit day old but a good roast, to start my day. It's amazing how much a good cup of coffee and a bit of caffeine can help.

Halo Infinity
10-30-2013, 11:09 PM
His smiled lightened me up for some reason. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeu8HpeLzDk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz42TcHxWrk

Pillfred
11-01-2013, 09:38 AM
Daylight Savings, I'll gladly take a free hour of sleep.

playwithfire
11-01-2013, 10:37 AM
THIS FUCKING DOG (caps)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA9sdp7Wj1Y

Halo Infinity
11-01-2013, 09:25 PM
While I have to accept the cold hard fact that life obviously isn't always about fun and games, looking into the things that make me smile, laugh, and have fun and pleasure are what motivates me to keep going, and has actually being one of the biggest things that prevented me from every actually offing myself. (Aside from how fucking scary and morbid that would be.) My luck and pleasures in life just give me a reason to live, and remind me why I want to strive to be a better person and attain more things for myself. It's helped me get back on the horse yet again in spite of my flaws and blunders.

Oh yes, and when optimism and positive thoughts are actually real. That also gives me a nice high. :D Oh yes, and in a nutshell, survival and pleasure.

The_Prowler
11-02-2013, 09:42 PM
Talking to my friends who don't live around me.

I'm talking to one now who currently lives in Australia (she's from New Zeland), and I talked to two earlier from California and Kenya. I love days like this :)

Fixer808
11-03-2013, 12:55 AM
Playing games at work to pass the time. Most recent was "What would you do if you had today off?" It was a nice, sunny day so it started with suggestions like "Get shitfaced in a park" and escalated quickly. Some examples:

- Check out a TON of books about serial killers and about parenting at the library. Make extended, uncomfortable, silent eye contact with the librarian while they're being checked out.
- Go to a Chuck-E-Cheese and ask to see the wine list.
- Fill a vodka or gin bottle with water, or a Listerine bottle with blue Gatorade. Pound it on the bus.
- Plan a bank heist with three other people. When the time comes to pull it off, jump out of the car and run off and see what they do.
- Break into a house and steal a 12 year old's diary. Shout entries from it in front of the house. "MARCH 7TH. AARON WEBSTER SMILED AT ME IN THE HALL, IT MADE ME FEEL FUNNY INSIDE. I THINK I AM FINALLY BECOMING A WOMAN."

Good times...

Warped_Savant
11-03-2013, 01:12 AM
I would always try to talk my friends into going "clubbing"
You know, when you go to Canadian Tire, buy some steering wheel clubs, go down along Stanley Park or the convention centre, find a convertible with it's top down, put the club on the wheel and then sit back and watch what happens when the owner gets back...

ibanez33
11-03-2013, 01:22 AM
It was a nice, sunny day

Are you shitting me? It pissed rain from 5am to 8pm today, where were you at?

ALSO, good news for me, I GOT A JOB!!!

Fixer808
11-03-2013, 02:29 AM
It was a nice, sunny day several days ago, when we started that game. YESTERDAY, when I posted that, there was a terrible storm that delayed ferries and actually temporarily grounded one.

playwithfire
11-03-2013, 09:05 AM
That extra hour of sleep was FUCKING GLORIOUS. Now, if I didn't have work today, today would be perfect. But, I do. :(

Warped_Savant
11-03-2013, 01:04 PM
I GOT A JOB!!!
Good for you!
Where at? (Due to company restructuring, I'm currently looking now.)

ibanez33
11-03-2013, 05:00 PM
A fairly popular grocery chain that I'll leave nameless. Not exactly what I want to be doing, but at least I'll be able to get my rent paid and dig myself out of debt while I continue looking!

Halo Infinity
11-03-2013, 08:42 PM
In spite of some screw-ups and awkward moments with my posts, I'm just glad to feel at home on ETS. It's really been a great year here in spite of my 5 or 6 month absence from ETS, and that certainly cheers me up. It's been rather nice chatting here. :)

elevenism
11-03-2013, 09:01 PM
opiates. a handful of vicodin. i think ive said that before in this thread.
i want the little yellow 10's. then i become quite happy and personable.

Sarah K
11-03-2013, 09:21 PM
The 18 year old telling me it wouldn't be weird for me to give him my number. Then watching him do some mental math before asking me if I was old enough to be his mom.

Big Fat Matt
11-03-2013, 09:50 PM
burning things. i like fire.

allegro
11-03-2013, 09:53 PM
burning things. i like fire.
LOL me too. I love getting a fireplace or yard bonfire going strong, it's an art. And lots of people just don't get it.

Pillfred
11-03-2013, 10:00 PM
LOL me too. I love getting a fireplace or yard bonfire going strong, it's an art. And lots of people just don't get it.

I get it and, agree.

Halo Infinity
11-03-2013, 10:29 PM
Being reminded that I don't have to please everybody or gain the majority's acceptance and approval. I'll admit that I've gotten caught up in it sometimes, because I can see some of the perks popularity has to offer, but it really sometimes doesn't mean shit. :p

Fixer808
11-03-2013, 11:05 PM

I miss my parents' fireplace, but understand why they got rid of it in favour of... either propane or natural gas, I can't recall. They're both 60 now and don't want to have to chop and stack a couple cords of firewood for the winter.

Still, we've had some damn good bonfires over the years! They're always clearing brush from their yard. One of the more fun ones was when my dad and I built a big pile of wood and bushes, and then soaked it down with gasoline, then took turns firing a flare gun at it.

Pro tip: flare guns are really hard to aim.

allegro
11-04-2013, 12:18 AM
I miss my parents' fireplace, but understand why they got rid of it in favour of... either propane or natural gas, I can't recall. They're both 60 now and don't want to have to chop and stack a couple cords of firewood for the winter.
Around here, we buy firewood at the supermarket. But, yeah ... I really want a fireplace in this house but G and I have agreed that it will be natural gas. Wood burning is too dirty. And it's so cool being able to control a fire via remote control.

Pillfred
11-05-2013, 03:20 AM
Today, I would have to say.

After seeing the fire talk, I think I've decided to have my first fire at the new place Wednesday.

allegro
11-05-2013, 01:18 PM
Today, I would have to say.

After seeing the fire talk, I think I've decided to have my first fire at the new place Wednesday.
Yay! I'm gonna build a giant fire in my fire pit this weekend!

Halo Infinity
11-05-2013, 03:59 PM
Damn, I'm craving pizza again. 2 slices of pepperoni pizza and a Mountain Dew, or a Mug Root Beer. Beef patties are also my next favorite thing to get at pizzerias too. Just good stuff, really. :)

redshoewearer
11-07-2013, 09:21 AM
My instructor trainee passed her audition (people have to audition to the fitness program I teach), and so now I HAVE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!! And maybe I can travel a little more. I can't begin to tell you how relieved I am. I and one of my associate instructors (I own the business) have worked with this woman for weeks and hours at a time to get her ready. This is way more than a little thing that cheers me up. I'm damn 10 miles off the ground about it.

tony.parente
11-07-2013, 09:55 AM
That little feeling in your tummy you get right when the Caffeine kicks in.
Love.
Love everywhere.

dlb
11-07-2013, 11:37 AM
A random but heartfelt "I like you" mid-conversation by someone you only know for two days. Frankly I was caught quite off guard, but it made my whole day. :)

frankie teardrop
11-07-2013, 11:47 AM
while the cat news continues to be a giant grey cloud hanging over me, i do take some sort of cheer from finding out that my band shares a cover with miley cyrus on long island's local music news mag, good times. i'll post a photo here as soon as i can!

thefragile_jake
11-07-2013, 01:57 PM
Driving back from lunch to work I saw a girl with a license plate that read

"JZZLVR"

I laughed the entire way back to the office.

tony.parente
11-07-2013, 02:06 PM
Driving back from lunch to work I saw a girl with a license plate that read

"JZZLVR"

I laughed the entire way back to the office.
I saw a license plate last year that said Weiner.

No numbers in the place of anything at all.
It said weiner.

Luckiest guy in the world.

theruiner
11-07-2013, 08:48 PM
I just booked my flight. Vacation planned for December. Going to see my best friend. Can't wait.

Fixer808
11-07-2013, 09:14 PM
In California? Careful, bro, you might end up wanting to move there instead of basking in the idyllic Conservativocracy that is Arizona!

allegro
11-07-2013, 09:56 PM
My Melitta stainless electric kettle. Love.

millionmilesaway
11-07-2013, 10:00 PM
Vet school applications all submitted! now the anxious waiting game

Halo Infinity
11-07-2013, 10:09 PM
Seeing the Ministry and Marilyn Manson threads getting bumped at ETS. It just seems oh so right. ;)