PDA

View Full Version : Shitty Music. (The Nickelback Thread)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

eversonpoe
11-10-2014, 09:04 AM
Britain seems to be really obsessed with Ed Sheeran at the moment, so dull. It's like he's the new James Blunt

he seems like a nice/funny guy, though. i watched a nevermind the buzzcocks with him on it and he was HILARIOUS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YUh6soykdU

Sutekh
11-10-2014, 10:11 AM
Same with James Blunt... crap music but proper funny bloke
http://www.thepoke.co.uk/2013/12/31/26-reasons-why-james-blunt-won-at-twitter-in-2013/

WorzelG
11-10-2014, 10:47 AM
^^^yeah i always thought James Blunt's twitter was pretty funny. Maybe they should do comedy and not music because god knows we could do with some actually funny comedians too

Charmingly Miserable
11-10-2014, 01:10 PM
I'm not a huge fan of Josh Groban's music (just never was exposed to it) but his twitter account is fucking hilarious. He can sing though. Just my two cents.

poinoup
11-12-2014, 12:29 PM
If you value your ears, stay far far away from Nickelback's new disc... I give everything a chance as always, but they are totally trolling us with songs like "She Keeps Me Up".

Nickelback doing funk!

thevoid99
11-12-2014, 01:35 PM
If you value your ears, stay far far away from Nickelback's new disc... I give everything a chance as always, but they are totally trolling us with songs like "She Keeps Me Up".

Nickelback doing funk!

Good God Almighty! Why?

Space Suicide
11-13-2014, 11:03 AM
Good God Almighty! Why?

They're so cool and versatile man. Need to make wannabe RHCP music too!!!!one!!11!!1

Krazy
11-15-2014, 06:51 PM
Interesting. Pathetic, but interesting...

http://deadspin.com/this-one-guy-has-written-hundreds-of-awful-songs-about-1659186868

onthewall2983
11-15-2014, 07:02 PM
It's actually a little clever if you think about it. Not so much from an artistic soundpoint, I'm sure his stuff is as awful as it's being described. He, in his awkward stumbling way, may have found a way to beat the house.

aggroculture
11-15-2014, 07:23 PM
stay far far away from Nickelback's new disc... I give everything a chance as always, but

http://adigaskell.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/computer-says-no.jpg

aggroculture
11-22-2014, 09:16 PM
What kind of bubble do you have to live in to think making any of this ghastly rape culture trash is remotely OK?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC52toizz8U
And I kind of liked LMFAO. Poor show, Redfoo.

henryeatscereal
11-22-2014, 11:27 PM
This twerking shit has to stop, seriously:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4YRWT_Aldo#t=56

thevoid99
11-23-2014, 01:32 AM
I ain't even going to bother watching it. Beyonce is overrated and overexposed. Twerking is just not cool anymore.

GulDukat
11-24-2014, 05:36 AM
Bruno Mars.

Louie_Cypher
11-26-2014, 06:37 PM
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy Creed's Scott Stepps' weird video message http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/26/scott-stapp-drug-rumors-broke_n_6227492.html?utm_hp_ref=tv&ir=TV

GulDukat
11-26-2014, 06:47 PM
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy Creed's Scott Stepps' weird video message http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/26/scott-stapp-drug-rumors-broke_n_6227492.html?utm_hp_ref=tv&ir=TV
I don't get it. 30 million albums sold, several successful tours and merchandise, how could he be broke?

ETA--what a bizarre video. He seemed pretty paranoid, IMHO.

WorzelG
11-27-2014, 02:32 AM
I don't get it. 30 million albums sold, several successful tours and merchandise, how could he be broke?

ETA--what a bizarre video. He seemed pretty paranoid, IMHO.
Alimony? 10 char

Jinsai
11-27-2014, 03:26 AM
so is this where we start to raise funds to keep Scott Stapp homeless, unemployable, and incapable of making any more music?

GulDukat
11-27-2014, 04:20 AM
How could he be so broke that he'd have to sleep in his truck? Seems impossible.

ambergris
11-27-2014, 05:27 AM
This twerking shit has to stop, seriously:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4YRWT_Aldo#t=56

Wow, Willow Smith's 'I whip my hair back and forth...' had more depth than this.

tony.parente
11-27-2014, 08:08 AM
How could he be so broke that he'd have to sleep in his truck? Seems impossible.

The IRS seized all his bank accounts in error because of a wrong address from what he said.

henryeatscereal
11-27-2014, 09:15 AM
Wow, Willow Smith's 'I whip my hair back and forth...' had more depth than this.
Damn, i just watched that, wish i didn't...

But yeah even that song makes more sense that Beyonce's newest abortion...

UnjollyIrishman
11-29-2014, 03:55 PM
Brokencyde still exist for some reason, and they have a new song out, featuring some cunt who used to be in Hollywood I-wish-they-were-dead. Predictably, its fucking shite.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXD-NGUTOlA

Khrz
11-29-2014, 04:56 PM
For all the shit Linkin Park has been getting over the years, they're Nine Inch Nails compared to this.

Charmingly Miserable
11-29-2014, 08:45 PM

Drugs. 10 char

thevoid99
11-29-2014, 09:21 PM
Drugs. 10 char

Not to mention that he is so full of himself as his solo career tanked. I'm sure he was stupid enough to blow away money on a lavish lifestyle like many other rock stars and then realize he is broke.

onthewall2983
11-30-2014, 10:37 PM
Never more have I disagreed with someone than I do with henry's notion that twerking should stop. Then again that (and my reasons why) has nothing to do with music.

henryeatscereal
12-01-2014, 09:31 AM
Never more have I disagreed with someone than I do with henry's notion that twerking should stop. Then again that (and my reasons why) has nothing to do with music.
Agreed, and the music would be bad even if it didn't included "twerking", it doesn't matter if the trend is over most of these artists will continue to make disposable pop.

allegro
12-01-2014, 09:50 AM
Agreed, and the music would be bad even if it didn't included "twerking", it doesn't matter if the trend is over most of these artists will continue to make disposable pop.

That shit ain't a new trend, we were doing it in the 80s. There was a TV dance show in Detroit called "The Scene" (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL464CE52625BC1850)that some scared white folk called "obscene."

See this: http://m.noisey.vice.com/blog/a-comprehensive-history-of-twerkin

A COMPREHENSIVE HISTORY OF TWERKIN
By Ray the Destroyer

Roughly a week ago, a Bay Area TV station reported in outrage on a teen night at a local nightclub. Kids were simulating sex while dancing. Clutch your fucking pearls, it’s the end of days. The reporter was “shocked” to find a club full of 16 year olds, trying to fuck each other through their clothes, because logic is dead. The offensive dancing was identified as “twerkin,” or more accurately “twerking”—the reporter used the hard “g” sound that signifies never directly interacting with black culture outside of a Fresh Prince of Bel-Air episode. This moment is significant, because now that your mother’s mother knows about twerkin, pussy poppin’ has officially become mainstream. Congrats to Ass in America; for making that come up. Doing it big in Black History Month.

Ole “mom and pop” motherfuckers who still get information from local news see twerkin’ as a new phenomenon, a Footloose-style corruption of the innocent that’ll turn every man, woman and child into some kind of depraved sexual vampire. Young heads that have always existed in a world where you can watch infinite asses shake in perpetuity on the internet may think dancing like a stripper in public was popularized by The Twerk Team, or invented by Diplo on Twitter. Nah. Both are only the tail end of a 25-year long process that brought ass clapping, bootyquakes and wobbling to the mainstream of American culture. A little research shows it’s a fairly straight line of cultural appropriation that leads from the proto-twerkers of the late 80s to Rebecca and Susan bussin’ it wide open in the middle of Iowa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ypcs4c7ihSo

PRO-TWERKERS, GO-GO AND KEESHA'S BIG BUTT
The first stop in this history lesson is improbably enough a Spike Lee video from 1988. Yes, the same curmudgeon who loses his shit over Django Unchained and Tyler Perry flicks once made a video for “Da Butt” by Experience Unlimited. You’ve probably heard “Da Butt"; it’s innocuous and catchy like “Baby Got Back”; all sexuality of the song is stripped out by how fucking goofy it sounds now. You could probably play it at a wedding and not turn heads.

What makes the song and video important is that it brought both black college culture and ass-centric dancing to a national audience via Go-Go, a regional DC dance music. While Go-Go never had a real impact, this joint hit number 35 on the Billboard charts when shit like that mattered. There’s heavy emphasis on big butts, lingering shots of “backsides in motion,” and what had to be some of the earliest spandex shorts available to the public. “Da Butt” brought the culture of black fraternities into the homes of people that didn’t actually know black people. The ass shaking here is pretty tame. If you were actually in D.C though, live Go-Go parties (NSFW) were already pretty advanced in the art of ass display and p-popping.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raYVMFgYlNQ

2 LIVE CREW - THE MARTYRS OF TWERKIN
The year is 1991. 2 Live Crew enters the scene. They make more songs about fucking than anyone ever has, get labeled as obscene, get arrested for catching dome on stage, then go to the Supreme Court and finally win your right to legally shake ass on stage. Modern day saints. 2 Live Crew spearheads the Miami Bass sound, which is basically music for black spring break. Girls wear bikinis because Miami has a dope beach, songs are about fucking because girls are in bikinis. It’s a perfect ecosystem.

The video for “Pop That Pussy” is notable for featuring some of the earliest recorded pussy popping on widely distributed video*. Remember this is ’91, for perspective, this is the same year Jordan won his first championship and Blossom debuted on TV. That’s why many of the girls in the video are still wearing those bikinis that give all women—regardless of shape—long butts. It was a limitation of the technology available at the time. Similarly, the rapping is barely above a 13 year old boys bathroom freestyle cipher, because rapping was still new. Sometimes though the message is more important than the delivery and 2 Live Crew were adamant about ass.

*This is entirely unsubstantiated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zxnlhy8c_ys

THE GODMOTHER OF P-POPPIN
Any discussion of coordinated, overtly sexual ass shaking has to include Caribbean culture. What Asia is to drop kicks, the Caribbean is to hypnotizing onlookers with hip gyrations and butt cheek isolation. When Patra dropped her debut album Queen Of The Pack in ’93, it charted pretty high, riding a wave of dancehall reggae infusion into popular culture. Patra was different than most of her contemporaries simply because she was a woman. Beyond that, she wasn’t afraid to be a hot woman with hard dancehall rhythms. The video for “Queen of the Pack” specifically features Patra and friends in cutoff jean shorts wining it up, and pulling off moves that were entirely familiar to Caribbean cats, but sexually alien to Americans. Catch early shades of Beyonce, Ciara, and Rihanna in the hips of miss Patra. It’s easy to see the link a lot of the sharper gyrations in current day twerkin back to dancehall culture (NSFW), where they still make the hardest American twerk contest look like a Sunday school dance recital.

http://assets.noisey.com/content-images/contentimage/no-slug/f0d9db3c520924869428d6759d31c5b3.jpg

FREAKNIK
From ’92-’96 during the third week of April, Atlanta was turned into the cultural center of ass clapping and pussy popping. The regional college partying that was lightly portrayed in the video for “Da Butt” had started to spread across the country, intensify, and now heads began to congregate for Spring Break to take the party to legendary levels. This was Freaknik. While the Freaknik festival dates back to the early 80s, the insane cult of party and ass worship really existed for about four years. The pervasive impact of Freaknik was creating an atmosphere of wild hedonism that spread into legend. It’s not extensively documented—because video cameras were still gigantic and expensive—but for women and dudes of a certain age, the event lives on in mythological status. Freaknik paved the way for shit like Girls Gone Wild, and shaped the psyche of every rapper to come out of Atlanta making strip club anthems. Shoutout to Belinda Carlsile, heaven was a place on earth—it was called Freaknik.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3xZRbgD1j4

AFTER YOU BACK IT UP, THEN STOP... AND DROP IT LIKE IT'S HOT
New Orleans is as important to the rise of girls shaking their ass in America as the Caribbean. Never forget that Juvenile wrote “Back That Azz Up,” “Slow Motion,” and “She Get It From Her Mama.” Songs that to this day will elicit one person in attendance to drop it low, or shake it fast. New Orleans’ regional dance music, Bounce, is entirely about women being free to shake their asses as fast, violently, and acrobatically as possible, and that philosophical strain is present in a lot of music from the area. With “Back Dat Azz Up” reaching classic status after it was released in ’98 and songs like The 504 Boyz’ “Wobble Wobble” reaching number one on the rap charts in 2000, we have regional ass shaking disseminated to the whole world via MTV. This is the tipping point where anyone with basic cable could learn how to helicopter shake their ass, in the privacy of their own bedroom.

ATLANTA ASCENDS
At the same time you have the rise of Atlanta’s strip club culture into the public consciousness via BET’s Uncut, a defunct, uncensored late night video program. There’s songs like Nelly’s “Tip Drill”—an Uncut classic—which brought actual strippers, and their genre defining ass shaking to everyone’s homes at around 3 in the morning. The uncensored version of “Tip Drill” (above, NSFW obviously) features a level of cinéma vérité not seen since the early days of the Dogma ’95 movement. Watching the video you can almost smell the distinct aroma of a strip club—a mixture of cheap perfume, baby powder, naked capitalism, and sweat. If one wanted to take a crash course on modern twerkin techniques, you could do far worse than “Tip Drill,” Ludacris’ “Pussy Poppin,” or Lil Jon’s “Get Low.” By this point Twerkin was firmly part of American culture; it just didn’t have a name.

IF YOU NAME IT, YOU CLAIM IT
By the time ’03 had hit, you could be chilling in Alaska, looking over the Bering Straight to Russia, contemplatively making your ass clap while a small bit of steam rose from your furrowed brow. As long as you had a cable subscription or Internet, the influence of ass shaking was such that you could pick up the basics despite being divorced from all culture. You just wouldn’t have a name for what you were doing.

Sure “pussy poppin” accurately describes it, but the phrase is a bit vulgar and pedestrian. “Twerkin” flows off of the tongue a little better. Carbon dating puts the genesis of twerk, as a term, somewhere around ’04 or so, with popularity really picking up around ’09 when YouTube dance sensation The Twerk Team came into existence. At last check, a search for the word “twerk” on YouTube brings back over 100,000; and that’s just on YouTube. This says nothing of entire sites dedicated to the art form. This popularity proves two things; one, as old magicians and philosophers know—simply naming things gives them power. Having an easily searchable name helped spread and coalesce the movement. Two, it proves that asses shaking is a universal constant of joy and personal fulfillment, unlikely to go away anytime soon. All praise be, to the god of fast asses, for that one.

Krazy
12-01-2014, 05:22 PM
I can't stand this chick, and this might be the shittiest most annoying "pop tart" song ever. I wanna punch shit every time I hear it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfWlot6h_JM

allegro
12-01-2014, 05:38 PM
You know, I love her. She's a talented bazillionaire FEMALE pop songwriter writing her own songs and making a bazillion dollars for doing it without showing her tits or her tongue or whatever and she's like a pop hit MACHINE. That song is about people accusing her of being a serial-dating man-eater machine. It's a good song! If you don't like pop, fine, but as far as pop goes, she's the current Queen.

Krazy
12-01-2014, 05:51 PM
I'm not going to deny how much money she makes, but calling that song "good" is laughable (if you or anyone else like it that's fine- whatever gets you through the day) along with many of her "woe is me with men" crap. No I don't like "pop", but I can see how some people like it as the songs got stuck in your head.

Not sure what it is with that song, and I haven't even watched the video of it. :O
Probably a combination of an annoying high voice and obnoxious "Ooohhh, OOooohhh!!!"

I'll take someone like Christina Aguilara(sp?) who actually has a good voice over her regurgitated garbage. Don't care if she wrote it or not- so does Nickelback- it sucks.

Fuck her, lol.

[/rant]

The_Prowler
12-01-2014, 06:08 PM
For all the shit Linkin Park has been getting over the years, they're Nine Inch Nails compared to this.
YOU TAKE THAT BACK!

Comparing Linkin Park to NIN is, simply put, fightin' words.

allegro
12-01-2014, 06:30 PM
No I don't like "pop", but I can see how some people like it as the songs got stuck in your head.
Mostly "good" pop songs get stuck in your head. That song (above) has become a good workout song, and KIDS love it, they love to sing along. You're just not in her demographic, that's all, and that's fine. But it's still a "good song." It has the basic elements of a good pop song: good melody, catchy chorus, catchy lyrics that even kids can sing along with, a bridge. The Beatles would be proud. Yeah yeah yeah. Woooooooo. (she doesn't have a high voice, though, her natural voice is rather low for a female)

Krazy
12-01-2014, 06:43 PM
We'll agree to disagree. Nickelback (the only reason I'm using them as an example is because this thread is named after/for them) songs have the similar traits too but people will get laughed at if they like one of their songs and deem it "good".

allegro
12-01-2014, 06:47 PM
We'll agree to disagree. Nickelback (the only reason I'm using them as an example is because this thread is named after/for them) songs have the similar traits too but people will get laughed at if they like one of their songs and deem it "good".
Well, but they're not NEARLY as HUGE as Taylor Swift, and "crap" doesn't win this many songwriting awards or sell this much.

From Wikipedia:

Swift has received seven Grammy Awards, fifteen American Music Awards, eleven Country Music Association Awards, seven Academy of Country Music Awards, and twelve Billboard Music Awards. As a songwriter, she has been honored by the Nashville Songwriters Association and the Songwriters Hall of Fame. In 2013, she became the second person (and first woman) to receive the Country Music Association's Pinnacle Award. Additionally, she has received two Golden Globe Award nominations. In 2011, she also became the second female artist after Carrie Underwood to win back-to-back Academy of Country Music (ACM) Awards for Entertainer of the Year (2011/12). In December 2011, she was awarded the prestigious Harmony Award from the Nashville Symphony Orchestra for her achievements in music across many genres. In March 2013, Swift was named an immortal by Rolling Stone magazine. "If Taylor Swift stopped producing hits right now, at 23, she could tour a killer oldies show for the rest of her life," Rolling Stone proclaimed. In 2013, the Nashville Songwriters Association International (NSAI) honored Swift with its songwriter/artist of the year award. This was her sixth win, surpassing five-time winners Vince Gill and Alan Jackson. In 2011 and 2014 she was named Billboard's Woman of the Year, thus becoming the first woman to win the award twice.

According to Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), Swift is the second best selling digital singles artist in the United States, with certified sales of 65.5 million digital singles including on-demand streaming.

Krazy
12-01-2014, 06:56 PM
Good lord, really??? I must've really touched a nerve with a Taylor fan.

McDonald's is huge too, with billions and billions served- doesn't mean they make good hamburgers. Poppy hits and making a lot of money rarely equates to good music.

Whatever floats your boat and gets you through the day=cool. I'm done with this conversation (I hope).

allegro
12-01-2014, 07:51 PM
Good lord, really??? I must've really touched a nerve with a Taylor fan.

McDonald's is huge too, with billions and billions served- doesn't mean they make good hamburgers. Poppy hits and making a lot of money rarely equates to good music.

Whatever floats your boat and gets you through the day=cool. I'm done with this conversation (I hope).

Actually, I don't own any of her albums or singles and never listen to any of her music (although I've been thinking about buying "1989"). But, I'm a feminist.

aggroculture
12-01-2014, 08:47 PM
My exposure to Taylor Swift is limited to Shake It Off and Blank Space. Both seem bland and generic (and strangely uncatchy and anonymous) to me and do not make me want to go any further.
I read all these high-brow thinkpieces arguing how profound and awesome she is: OK, what do I listen to to get to that?
Also: if you check the credits to 1989 Max Martin is all over it.
So yeah I'm confused.

allegro
12-01-2014, 09:01 PM
My exposure to Taylor Swift is limited to Shake It Off and Blank Space. Both seem bland and generic (and strangely uncatchy and anonymous) to me and do not make me want to go any further.
I read all these high-brow thinkpieces arguing how profound and awesome she is: OK, what do I listen to to get to that?
Also: if you check the credits to 1989 Max Martin is all over it.
So yeah I'm confused.
Well, I dunno about "profound." Joni Mitchell, she ain't. She's mostly been in the country genre until fairly recently, although she's considered crossover.

And, yeah, I guess she got Max Martin to do most songwriting (and production) duties on this new non-country album.

This is one of her older songs
http://youtu.be/HZKoG4wuOSI

WorzelG
12-01-2014, 10:49 PM
Well, I dunno about "profound." Joni Mitchell, she ain't. She's mostly been in the country genre until fairly recently, although she's considered crossover.

And, yeah, I guess she got Max Martin to do most songwriting (and production) duties on this new non-country album.

This is one of her older songs
http://youtu.be/HZKoG4wuOSI
Speaking of Joni Mitchell. She nixed a biopic that had Taylor Swift down to play her, wonder if she just doesn't like Taylor Swift? Does being a feminist mean having to defend everything all women do or are you allowed to be fed up of Taylor Swift being EVERYWHERE. I wish she'd stuck to country, she's obviously gone pop after realising country doesn't get you that far except in US / Canada

allegro
12-01-2014, 11:44 PM
I just think it seems to be the hip thing these days to give her a bunch of shit for being successful. People don't give male pop or country stars that much shit. She certainly doesn't need to go any farther than country, that's for sure. It isn't like she isn't successful enough already, at age 25.

Joni biopic, dunno, can Swift even ACT?

Edit: ends up Joni hates the book: http://www.avclub.com/article/joni-mitchell-ends-taylor-swifts-dream-playing-jon-212408

WorzelG
12-02-2014, 12:31 AM
I just think it seems to be the hip thing these days to give her a bunch of shit for being successful. People don't give male pop or country stars that much shit. She certainly doesn't need to go any farther than country, that's for sure. It isn't like she isn't successful enough already, at age 25.

Joni biopic, dunno, can Swift even ACT?

Edit: ends up Joni hates the book: http://www.avclub.com/article/joni-mitchell-ends-taylor-swifts-dream-playing-jon-212408
I think Billy Ray Cyrus deserves more shit than Taylor - I was working in a shop that played radio non-stop when Achy Breaky Heart was a hit, ugh. He briefly brought country and line dancing to the UK, after that country seemed to fade away again.

I actually disagree that male pop stars don't get shit, look at the disparity between people's hatred of say, fall out boy, yet they love Paramore because they fancy Hayley Williams? I think both are terrible (that still into you song with her dancing and larking around a studio flat, awful)

eversonpoe
12-02-2014, 01:21 AM
But, I'm a feminist.

this confuses me, because i think that taylor has done quite a few things to help tear down feminism. certainly, writing songs vilifying other women and encouraging the young girls who listen to her music to compete for the affections of men does nothing to advance feminism.

LOVEANDZOMBIES
12-02-2014, 03:02 AM
Wow. Never thought I'd post anything about Creed, but goddamn.. Enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tcyhPXoNwhg

And the quotes that aren't in the video are soooo much better: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/scott-stapp-60-day-psychiatric-hold-requested-for-creed-singer-20141129

tony.parente
12-02-2014, 03:11 AM
I honestly can't think of any legitimate reason to hate Taylor, she seems like a pretty cool 23 year old chick to me.

tony.parente
12-02-2014, 05:37 AM
I'm not saying she's a feminist or has anything to do with feminism, although none of those things you list have anything to do with feminism.

I think in Taylors interviews she has self identified as a feminist many times, this is a quote from the guardian:

“As a teenager, I didn’t understand that saying you’re a feminist is just saying that you hope women and men will have equal rights and equal opportunities. What it seemed to me, the way it was phrased in culture, society, was that you hate men. And now, I think a lot of girls have had a feminist awakening because they understand what the word means. For so long it’s been made to seem like something where you’d picket against the opposite sex, whereas it’s not about that at all. Becoming friends with Lena [dunham]– without her preaching to me, but just seeing why she believes what she believes, why she says what she says, why she stands for what she stands for – has made me realize that I’ve been taking afeminist stance without actually saying so.”

allegro
12-02-2014, 05:45 AM
I'm not discussing feminism in this fucking thread. You two missed the point that I am one, not Taylor Fucking Swift. But you're guys. Okay she's a talentless cunt I give up. The end.

GulDukat
12-02-2014, 06:00 AM
I honestly can't think of any legitimate reason to hate Taylor, she seems like a pretty cool 23 year old chick to me.
Yeah, not really into her style of music, but I see why people like her. Her music is pretty generic, IMHO, but hardly the worst that I've heard.

Krazy
12-02-2014, 06:04 AM
I just think it seems to be the hip thing these days to give her a bunch of shit for being successful. People don't give male pop or country stars that much shit.

This is horse shit. Nickelback gets the most crap from anyone, everywhere- whether it's justified or not . And you don't think Justin Beiber (deservedly so as well) doesn't get a lot of crap? Taylor Swift has become a brand and a marketing machine on top of making mostly garbage pop country "music". Someone who becomes as big as her (male or female) with her face plastered everywhere just so she can make a buck is gonna catch grief.

I remember seeing this a month or two ago walking into Subway and just literally rolling my eyes:

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_content_width/hash/b1/90/b190dc6485814bcada5b04ce57f7728f.jpg?itok=3Bu6n1Ri

Just another pretty face...
http://www.celebrityendorsementads.com/celebrity-endorsements/celebrities/taylor-swift/images/taylor-swift-covergirl-vogue-0211.jpg

LOVEANDZOMBIES
12-02-2014, 06:04 AM
If you were moved by the Creed confessional posted earlier, you can aid him in his sudden quest to crowdfund $480,000 here: https://fundly.com/scott-stapp-album-3-1st-fiction-novel

WorzelG
12-02-2014, 06:14 AM
If you were moved by the Creed confessional posted earlier, you can aid him in his sudden quest to crowdfund $480,000 here: https://fundly.com/scott-stapp-album-3-1st-fiction-novel
That is pretty desperate, has he been chucked from his record label then? Are Creed on a record label?

tony.parente
12-02-2014, 06:41 AM
Not even $600 yet.
http://media.giphy.com/media/G1Zu26ae7mZr2/giphy.gif

tony.parente
12-02-2014, 06:47 AM
Came in here to see how many people were shitting on the new Wu-Tang Clan album.

Maybe it's a little early yet...

Haha people are too busy getting mad over TSwift.

Krazy
12-02-2014, 06:56 AM
So, is it really THAT (http://www.avclub.com/review/wu-tang-clan-becomes-disneyfied-revival-act-better-212260) bad?...

GulDukat
12-02-2014, 07:12 AM
That is pretty desperate, has he been chucked from his record label then? Are Creed on a record label?
I think the other members have moved on with Alter Bridge.

EndlessLoveless
12-02-2014, 10:03 AM
Wow. Never thought I'd post anything about Creed, but goddamn.. Enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tcyhPXoNwhg

And the quotes that aren't in the video are soooo much better: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/scott-stapp-60-day-psychiatric-hold-requested-for-creed-singer-20141129

WTF is up with that nosferatu filter effect????

aggroculture
12-02-2014, 01:01 PM
He is speaking from the Afterworld.

walking into Subway

Now why would you do such a thing?

Krazy
12-02-2014, 01:02 PM
He is speaking from the Afterworld.

Now why would you do such a thing?

Its, by far, the closest thing to my office. I know, I know- I'm goin to hell. :(

LOVEANDZOMBIES
12-02-2014, 08:55 PM
If this doesn't make him look like a pathetic douche, nothing will..

http://www.angelfire.com/emo/jcss/creed.jpg

Space Suicide
12-05-2014, 01:02 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVv3Y5lP8ng

Since we're on topic with him, I found this funny.

LOVEANDZOMBIES
12-05-2014, 05:38 AM
annnnnd it's GONE!: https://fundly.com/scott-stapp-album-3-1st-fiction-novel

GulDukat
12-05-2014, 05:51 AM
annnnnd it's GONE!: https://fundly.com/scott-stapp-album-3-1st-fiction-novel
That never made sense. If Brett Michaels can find a label to fund a solo album which will sell 15 copies, Mr. Stapp could too.

henryeatscereal
12-05-2014, 09:43 AM
awww, we lost the chance to read Scott Stapp's song of "Ice and Fire"...

Ripe(withdecay)
12-05-2014, 01:55 PM
As I am a fan of Scott Stapp and have met him back in April of this year, it's really disheartening to see him end like up this. Whenever I met him, he was a pretty humble man. Now, he's turning into sociopath who blames Obama for all his problems. I doubt he'll ever get back on track, or even make another album. I do wish him luck though.

Halo Infinity
12-05-2014, 03:49 PM
This had to have been posted in the old ETS before. I actually heard of this through YTMND, and well, if you've never heard this before, by the time you hear the chorus, you'd see why it would make it to YTMND or anything else that could also fit into The Random Stupidity thread. The chorus is literally mumbling over and over. :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l12Csc_lW0Q

henryeatscereal
12-05-2014, 05:29 PM
Oh man, i remember "El Mudo", wasn't funny then and isn't funny now, it was a huge hit in Mexico (so obviously i heard the damned thing a lot..), the stupid "song" is supposed to be a mute singing, that was the whole joke, i guess it talk about the IQ of the one who came up with that dumb idea...

Space Suicide
12-14-2014, 03:56 PM
http://noisey.vice.com/en_dk/music-video-premieres/the-pizza-underground-official-video

wow

Jinsai
12-14-2014, 05:25 PM
http://noisey.vice.com/en_dk/music-video-premieres/the-pizza-underground-official-video

wow

Oh fuck you Culkin. Your vanity project joke is shitty, and you suck.

kel
12-14-2014, 10:35 PM
that link broke my phone.

UnjollyIrishman
12-15-2014, 08:56 AM
Has anyone mentioned Black Veil Brides yet? I'm not sure and I can't be bothered to look through 54 pages for it.

Space Suicide
12-31-2014, 11:25 PM
Pomplamoose is shit (I've probably posted them in this thread before) on top of having a stupid fucking name.

They should go fall in a hole that's 50 feet deep and 4 feet wide. Awful.

Space Suicide
01-07-2015, 04:12 PM
Double post for garbage:

Cradle of Filth suck ass and sound like it too.

GulDukat
01-08-2015, 08:41 PM
Heard "Bad Day" just now on a The Cleveland Show. ​How I hate that song.

icecream
01-09-2015, 12:16 AM
I thought Pat Boone died a loooooong time ago.

GulDukat
01-09-2015, 06:11 AM
I thought Pat Boone died a loooooong time ago.
Nope. Kinda dig "Love letters in the Sand." :p

icecream
01-09-2015, 08:10 AM
Nope. Kinda dig "Love letters in the Sand." :p

I hav e only heard a few songs. Mostly know him from this horrible album cover:http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61Ddn-uEIeL._SY300_.jpg

And his appearance in Roger and Me

Pillfred
01-09-2015, 02:20 PM
John Mayer, would you please just shut the fuck up, and wash the fucking dishes!

thevoid99
01-09-2015, 03:31 PM
John Mayer, would you please just shut the fuck up, and wash the fucking dishes!

HELL YEAH!!!! Guy sucks ass and can't play for shit. Katy Perry should just drop that zero and get with a hero.... me, me, me!!!

Jinsai
01-13-2015, 04:21 PM
Goddamn it, fuck this terrible new Bruno Mars song that everyone is loving. It's like Pharrell Williams' "Happy" all over again. What the fuck is wrong with people?

GulDukat
01-13-2015, 06:00 PM
Goddamn it, fuck this terrible new Bruno Mars song that everyone is loving. It's like Pharrell Williams' "Happy" all over again. What the fuck is wrong with people?
Ugh, he sucks.

Space Suicide
01-13-2015, 08:48 PM

He has a new one?

Jinsai
01-13-2015, 08:51 PM
He has a new one?

I'm an out-of-touch asshole who does his best to avoid this shit, but finally, I have to acknowledge the existence of this bullshit.
Who actually WANTS to hear this?

Space Suicide
01-13-2015, 08:53 PM
I'm an out-of-touch asshole who does his best to avoid this shit, but finally, I have to acknowledge the existence of this bullshit.

I luckily haven't heard it hence why I ask. Last I heard of his ilk was that terrible Just the way Your Are song.

As for who likes it? No clue but they obviously don't have any real legitimate taste. I'm not saying I have the best music sense, nor any of us here but shit like Bruno Mars on radio play fodder is what's wrong with music.

thevoid99
01-13-2015, 10:36 PM
http://www.nme.com/news/noel-gallagher/82202

Ed Sheerhan is headling Wembley Stadium and Noel Gallagher doesn't want to live in a world where that is happening....

I feel the same way. How does that boring-ass ginger get to headline Wembley through his shitty music?

WorzelG
01-14-2015, 12:22 AM
http://www.nme.com/news/noel-gallagher/82202

Ed Sheerhan is headling Wembley Stadium and Noel Gallagher doesn't want to live in a world where that is happening....

I feel the same way. How does that boring-ass ginger get to headline Wembley through his shitty music?
He's playing THREE NIGHTS! It makes me despair of music

thevoid99
01-14-2015, 04:09 PM
He's playing THREE NIGHTS! It makes me despair of music

That shit ain't right.

Jinsai
01-15-2015, 07:42 PM
I just heard a song by somebody named Cher Lloyd called "With Your Love." I'm not the biggest fan of Lorde, but I hope she sues the fuck out of this person.

GulDukat
01-15-2015, 07:44 PM
Customers at Applebees, apparently.

Jinsai
01-15-2015, 07:47 PM

That is so unfair to the fans of bad budget steakhouses.

GulDukat
01-15-2015, 07:58 PM
That is so unfair to the fans of bad budget steakhouses.
I actually love Applebees and don't mind their usual top 40 playlist. Bruno Mars I could do without.

henryeatscereal
01-15-2015, 10:21 PM
Oh man, i really like Applebees but most of the time the music they play is awful, i could have gone my whole life without listening to Bruno Mars till they played it
...their breakfasts are boss, though...

Krazy
01-15-2015, 10:28 PM
Applebee's serves breakfast in Mexico?...

thevoid99
01-15-2015, 11:35 PM
Oh man, i really like Applebees but most of the time the music they play is awful, i could have gone my whole life without listening to Bruno Mars till they played it
...their breakfasts are boss, though...

They do! That's why I haven't been to Applebees in years.

The_Prowler
01-16-2015, 02:14 AM
My band plays a couple Mayer tunes... He's my guitarist's man-crush.
He's met him a few times at shows, and the first time he did, he was there by himself and said that John was a major prick. The next time he was there with his hot girlfriend, and John was a hell of a lot cooler that time. Big surprise.

henryeatscereal
01-16-2015, 10:37 AM
Applebee's serves breakfast in Mexico?...
They sure do, thought they did in USA too...

I guess, since this particular Applebess is near many night clubs and many people party all night they "target" afterparty goers that are looking some good brakfast after some drinks, so yeah they do serve grand slam brakfasts and other stuff

aggroculture
01-17-2015, 07:19 AM
Periphery once again prove that they're the worst
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-BFadGJ3Kc

ImTheWiseJanitor
01-17-2015, 10:09 AM
I actually don't hate Bruno Mars, and I've liked a lot of Mark Ronson's work in the past. I even enjoy "Uptown Funk." But holy, holy, HOLY shit, did that shit play itself out almost overnight. Every trailer and every commercial. "HEY EVERYBODY. DO YOU WANT MORE KEVIN HART MOVIES? WHAT IF WE USE THAT SONG YOU LIKE?? EHH???"

It's not a masterpiece, it's not a song that'll stand the test of time, but it was, for about a week, a refreshing little pop diddy. But now...I can't listen to it. I just can't. It wasn't even the song itself that killed it for me - it was everything else that wanted to use the song. Just like "How You Like Me Now" was quickly played to death when THAT was a thing, and now that's the only song in The Heavy's catalog that I actively avoid listening to.

WorzelG
01-17-2015, 10:17 AM
I actually don't hate Bruno Mars, and I've liked a lot of Mark Ronson's work in the past. I even enjoy "Uptown Funk." But holy, holy, HOLY shit, did that shit play itself out almost overnight. Every trailer and every commercial. "HEY EVERYBODY. DO YOU WANT MORE KEVIN HART MOVIES? WHAT IF WE USE THAT SONG YOU LIKE?? EHH???"

It's not a masterpiece, it's not a song that'll stand the test of time, but it was, for about a week, a refreshing little pop diddy. But now...I can't listen to it. I just can't. It wasn't even the song itself that killed it for me - it was everything else that wanted to use the song. Just like "How You Like Me Now" was quickly played to death when THAT was a thing, and now that's the only song in The Heavy's catalog that I actively avoid listening to.
Hey Fall Out Boy covered Uptown Funk on uk radio one
http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6443539/fall-out-boy-uptown-funk-cover-mark-ronson-bruno-mars

i just think the state of the music industry is so sad that immediately a song is successful it's covered by people in endless desperate bids for attention and hits on the Internet even when it's barely existed

ImTheWiseJanitor
01-17-2015, 10:33 AM
Hey Fall Out Boy covered Uptown Funk on uk radio one
http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6443539/fall-out-boy-uptown-funk-cover-mark-ronson-bruno-mars

i just think the state of the music industry is so sad that immediately a song is successful it's covered by people in endless desperate bids for attention and hits on the Internet even when it's barely existed

Why? Why, god?

Oh Jesus, it sounds like it was mixed by the guy that does the Creed Shreds videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms61I54CeQA

Jinsai
01-17-2015, 09:11 PM
She needs a water park
She needs a water park
I've got a water park

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCDdQwVRwxM

"Hey guys... what should we call our 'band?' How would you condense our sound in a simple, appropriately bland way? I mean... we suck... and we suck.... so... hey! We should call ourselves The Vamps!"

UnjollyIrishman
01-18-2015, 11:54 AM
She needs a water park
She needs a water park
I've got a water park

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCDdQwVRwxM

"Hey guys... what should we call our 'band?' How would you condense our sound in a simple, appropriately bland way? I mean... we suck... and we suck.... so... hey! We should call ourselves The Vamps!"
You fiend, the americans were not meant to know, this contagion was for Britain only. NOOOOOOOOOOOO

Sutekh
01-18-2015, 12:37 PM
Still think hate my life by theory of a deadman is the most objectionable song I've ever heard. Everyone I've met who likes it is a total wanker as well. Seriously read the lyrics, and then listen to the music... you will be amazed at how dead on their douche rock sound matches their whinging middle class penis lyrics

Don't get me wrong, there's horrible nazi stuff like skrewdriver who say worse things, but about 10 people listen to that stuff. Deadman is somehow worse because they're so popular... like that many dead eyed entitled sociopaths find their vomit inducing bleating somehow right on

Krazy
01-18-2015, 01:02 PM
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii223/GoatKrazy/Mobile%20Uploads/1F049674-6505-40E2-A39C-B60A6525B69D.png.jpeg (http://s265.photobucket.com/user/GoatKrazy/media/Mobile%20Uploads/1F049674-6505-40E2-A39C-B60A6525B69D.png.jpeg.html)

henryeatscereal
01-18-2015, 01:10 PM
^What? no Insane Clown Posse?

thevoid99
01-18-2015, 03:09 PM
^What? no Insane Clown Posse?

Oh shit!!!! You're right. Where are they? They have to be in Bro-Chella.

Sutekh
01-18-2015, 03:22 PM
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/50964354.jpg

aggroculture
01-18-2015, 03:44 PM
311, Skrillex, Korn, Godsmack, Stone Sour, Disturbed
Hinder, Saliva, Pop Evil, Five Finger Death Punch, Seether

and a "Sensitive Bro" stage with some sick ass acoustic shit

henryeatscereal
01-18-2015, 05:27 PM
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/50964354.jpg
This made me spit my 7UP, but i couldn't be happier!

fillow
01-19-2015, 04:44 AM
^^ That lineup is fake, bro.

Here, I found a real one
http://flavorwire.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/brochella-2011-lineup-15788-1295460225-10.jpg?w=480&h=640

WorzelG
01-19-2015, 07:20 AM
^^^did they accidentally leave James Blunt on there? No way is he 'brochella'

Ryan
01-19-2015, 07:20 AM

Here, I found a real one
http://flavorwire.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/brochella-2011-lineup-15788-1295460225-10.jpg?w=480&h=640

The only thing that would get me excited there is hearing Train play Drops Of Jupiter to remind me of my childhood.

Maximilian
01-19-2015, 08:29 AM
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii223/GoatKrazy/Mobile%20Uploads/1F049674-6505-40E2-A39C-B60A6525B69D.png.jpeg (http://s265.photobucket.com/user/GoatKrazy/media/Mobile%20Uploads/1F049674-6505-40E2-A39C-B60A6525B69D.png.jpeg.html)

What's sad is that I've seen 5 bands from that flyer play live. Ah, what the hell, it was years ago.....

Krazy
01-19-2015, 09:00 AM

Here, I found a real one

Either lineup is mad-sick, brah. Can't wait to get mah tickets yo.

henryeatscereal
01-19-2015, 09:19 AM
At last! Insane Clown Posse, but frankly they deserve to headline a day (just imagine ultimate Gathering of Juggalos with Bros all around!)

WorzelG
01-19-2015, 09:33 AM
A bit of a sad come down for Linkin Park

tony.parente
01-19-2015, 09:36 AM

Here, I found a real one
I dispute Deadsy and She Wants Revenge!!!

henryeatscereal
01-19-2015, 10:18 AM
She wants Revenge was awesome, of course they were a ripoff but an awesome ripoff none less...

The_Prowler
01-20-2015, 01:00 AM
I wish Coldplay would just stop and go away.

Seriously, Coldplay, that's enough. Just please take your ball and go home. You're no fun, you make everyone around you sad and nobody wants you on the playground.

Jinsai
01-20-2015, 02:07 AM
I dispute Deadsy and She Wants Revenge!!!

I'm not a big fan of Editors... They're pretty derivative... but they don't deserve to be on that lineup.

Jinsai
01-20-2015, 05:50 PM
So apparently Hardwell is the Nickelback of the "EDM" scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXI-LXszvkQ

implanted_microchip
01-20-2015, 07:06 PM

There's not a word in that sentence that doesn't repel me. Even for you this is an impressive find and you're like the king of this thread.

ambergris
01-21-2015, 01:48 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXI-LXszvkQ

Dutch techno is a bottomless pit of suck. I know that because it's extremely popular in the german-speaking countries (probably because we like our english simple, and we know the word "fuck").

Sutekh
01-21-2015, 02:32 PM
real life brofest!

http://www.musicfestivaljunkies.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Rocklahoma-2015-Lineup-Poster.jpg

implanted_microchip
01-21-2015, 02:53 PM
Sutekh I can't believe that isn't fake.

UnjollyIrishman
01-21-2015, 04:00 PM
real life brofest!

http://www.musicfestivaljunkies.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Rocklahoma-2015-Lineup-Poster.jpg
Tesla can headline fests in the US, when they played Download in the UK last year they were second from bottom on second. I might have accepted the Godsmack effect, but as far as I can tell, their latest album wasn't even that successful in America from what I can gather, especially for a HEADLINE ACT.

ViN
01-21-2015, 04:20 PM
Slayer and Ministry with a 99% chance at contracting syphilis and the musical torture techniques of Guantanamo bay.

Even if important dudes like Dave Lombardo and Paul Barker aren't there (and others like Jeff Hanneman and Mike Scaccia are dead and can't come back ever), I'd probably still see a Slayer/Ministry concert in 2015 just to relive old times. Not a chance in hell at a flaming shitbag festival like that. Looks just like what we have here in Ohio called "Rock On The Range" where a great band like Gojira plays a 20 minute set at 2 PM (with like 2 songs considering the length of their songs) and some asshat like Kid Rock headlines.

Fuck Rock on the Range for constantly leaving Cleveland with no tour stop for awesome bands touring around the time too.

Sutekh
01-21-2015, 04:44 PM
yeah sounds like why I gave up donington... mc5 play at 10am to 17 people for half an hour (with lemmy singing on a couple songs i shit you not), meanwhile axl rose gets 2 hours on the mainstage and everyone turns up

henryeatscereal
01-21-2015, 09:25 PM
I dispute Anthrax

pulse
01-21-2015, 09:48 PM
Shit on that. Seriously. That is not a festival. That is a vomit pit. Festivals are supposed to be eclectic experiments where you actually meet interesting people and perhaps even learn something beyond just discovering music. If you want to see Slayer and experience a real festival, go to Bonnaroo. Granted, it's not what it used to be, but it's still a FESTIVAL. These are some examples of actual festivals in North America: Bonnaroo (http://www.bonnaroo.com/), All Good (http://allgoodfestival.com/), Rhythm and Roots (http://www.bristolrhythm.com/), Montreal Jazz (http://www.montereyjazzfestival.org/), Voodoo (http://worshipthemusic.com/) and Coachella (https://www.coachella.com/), just to name a few. If you want to be argumentative and say, "Hey, I want to stick with an all Heavy Rock & Metal Festival." That's fine, it used to be called Lollapalooza (http://www.lollapalooza.com/) but it's more like Coachella for Chicago these days. Really, I don't know of a purely metal "festival" anymore that would be a fun experience. Perhaps, the Rockville Festival (http://welcometorockvillefestival.com/) in Florida? It's in late April, so perhaps it wouldn't be such a sweltering humid mess.

onthewall2983
01-21-2015, 10:22 PM
Festivals hold no appeal for me at all. Large sweaty crowds listening to bands playing a little bit out of their element.

Space Suicide
01-21-2015, 10:27 PM
Really, I don't know of a purely metal "festival" anymore that would be a fun experience. Perhaps, the Rockville Festival (http://welcometorockvillefestival.com/) in Florida? It's in late April, so perhaps it wouldn't be such a sweltering humid mess.

Wacken Open Air and Bloodstock come to mind. Those are both European Festivals though.Mayhem is the closest you'd get in the US and it's borderline....average. Yeah.

pulse
01-21-2015, 10:33 PM
Festivals hold no appeal for me at all. Large sweaty crowds listening to bands playing a little bit out of their element.

I understand your point but, to be fair, most of the shows/concerts I have seen, including the best in recent memory, have involved sweaty crowds. Not all, of course. But most roofed venues don't have adequate air conditioning for 1,000+ bodies moving and dancing about to music. And even when it's cool, I usually end up sweating anyway. I mean, it's a rock concert. If you're not enjoying it enough to get into it, stay at home.

pulse
01-21-2015, 11:00 PM
Wacken Open Air and Bloodstock come to mind. Those are both European Festivals though.Mayhem is the closest you'd get in the US and it's borderline....average. Yeah.

Yes, Europe has by far and away the best metal and progressive rock music festivals on the planet. Probably not a coincidence they have all the best metal and progressive rock bands on the planet. Generally, you don't meet nearly as many horrible people either at a metal festival in Europe. A higher percentage of Europeans are into those genres of music versus the more narrow-minded redneck white trash meat heads that I observe so often at metal festivals in America; therefore, you get a larger mesh of cool people at European metal festivals. But hey, that's just my insignificant opinion. I think North America has by far the better overall festivals when it comes to a wider range of music, bands, comedians and social/satirical commentators.

Jinsai
01-22-2015, 12:21 AM
I dispute Anthrax

The problem is more that there's good bands on there, alongside Godsmack, Live, Linkin Park, and Papa Roach.

Slayer, Ministry, Anthrax, and Well Hung Heart all kick ass.

Actually, I don't know if Well Hung Heart kicks ass at all. I don't even want to find out.

henryeatscereal
01-22-2015, 09:05 AM
The problem is more that there's good bands on there, alongside Godsmack, Live, Linkin Park, and Papa Roach.

Slayer, Ministry, Anthrax, and Well Hung Heart all kick ass.

Actually, I don't know if Well Hung Heart kicks ass at all. I don't even want to find out.
I would watch "Well Hung Heart" for the name alone, lol...

The_Prowler
01-22-2015, 01:28 PM
real life brofest!

There are seventy two bands on the roster, I've heard of exactly thirteen of them. Of the thirteen, there's one that I love, one that I really like, two that I can handle in relatively moderate doses, six that I'm either only moderately familiar with or know by name only, and four that I absolutely cannot fucking stand. The other fifty nine bands I have never heard of before in my life. And in my experience, anything sponsored by Jagermeister should carry a certain amount of skepticism with it at the very least...

Sounds like a party and a half.

Jinsai
01-22-2015, 01:42 PM
There are seventy two bands on the roster, I've heard of exactly thirteen of them. Of the thirteen, there's one that I love, one that I really like, two that I can handle in relatively moderate doses, six that I'm either only moderately familiar with or know by name only, and four that I absolutely cannot fucking stand. The other fifty nine bands I have never heard of before in my life. And in my experience, anything sponsored by Jagermeister should carry a certain amount of skepticism with it at the very least...

Sounds like a party and a half.

I know Tesla, Linkin Park, Godsmack, Ministry, Slayer, Queensryche, Live, Papa Roach, Breaking Benjamin (seriously, what kind of a dumb motherfucker named this band, and who let him get away with it.... Hey guys, let's call ourselves 'Breaking Benjamin.' Right? What a great name! Fuck youuuuuuuu), Scott Weiland was the guy who was in that Stone Temple Pilots band, Apocalyptica is the silly band that plays Metallica covers with cellos, Of Mice and Men is a novella by Steinbeck, Upon a Burning Body is the worst band name since Breaking Benjamin....

And, unfortunately, Well Hung Heart are a terrible terrible band. Maybe if their producer didn't record the vocals with the microphone that came packaged with his Xbox it could have turned out better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AKqYQD39uU

henryeatscereal
01-22-2015, 01:56 PM
^Well, at least the girl is hot!

She sounds awfully lot like Patricia Day from the Horrorpops, she's also ripping Siouxie Siouxie Sioux's style...

Sutekh
01-22-2015, 02:23 PM
I actually own a copy of mechanical resonance by tesla

checkmate atheists

The_Prowler
01-23-2015, 12:52 PM
I know Tesla, Linkin Park, Godsmack, Ministry, Slayer, Queensryche, Live, Papa Roach, Breaking Benjamin (seriously, what kind of a dumb motherfucker named this band, and who let him get away with it.... Hey guys, let's call ourselves 'Breaking Benjamin.' Right? What a great name! Fuck youuuuuuuu), Scott Weiland was the guy who was in that Stone Temple Pilots band, Apocalyptica is the silly band that plays Metallica covers with cellos, Of Mice and Men is a novella by Steinbeck, Upon a Burning Body is the worst band name since Breaking Benjamin....

And, unfortunately, Well Hung Heart are a terrible terrible band. Maybe if their producer didn't record the vocals with the microphone that came packaged with his Xbox it could have turned out better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AKqYQD39uU
I know (or have at least heard of) most of the bands you mentioned, and I chose to leave Scott Weiland's band off my count of thirteen because while I know full and well who he is, I haven't heard of his new band. I wasn't even aware that he was still making music after being fired from Velvet Revolver for being too fucked up all the time. And I'm VERY familiar with the Steinbeck book; it's the only one of his I've ever liked, and I've read it at least four times.

And I'm afraid I may have to disagree with you on Upon A Burning Body being the worst band name... The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus and Taking Back Sunday are a lot worse in my opinion (at least as far as mainstream bands goes. Do a Google search for "worst band names" and prepare for madness).

Jinsai
01-23-2015, 03:24 PM
And I'm VERY familiar with the Steinbeck book; it's the only one of his I've ever liked, and I've read it at least four times.

Ah come on! No way! The Grapes of Wrath is easily one of the greatest American novels ever written! How could you not like The Grapes of Wrath?!?!?!

Sutekh
01-23-2015, 03:29 PM
I hope you've all seen the movie four lions... Of Mice and Men transposed onto a story about UK based Jihadis

it's a comedy, believe it or not

The_Prowler
01-24-2015, 03:29 AM
Ah come on! No way! The Grapes of Wrath is easily one of the greatest American novels ever written! How could you not like The Grapes of Wrath?!?!?!
Oh, I definitely agree that it's a classic work of great American literature and there's a reason all high schoolers are required to read it, there's no dispute about that... I just found it boring and it took me forever to read. For me it's like the Lord of the Rings movies - they're amazing, but boring as all hell. I still recognize the greatness, though.

I hope you've all seen the movie four lions... Of Mice and Men transposed onto a story about UK based Jihadis

it's a comedy, believe it or not
I can't say I've ever heard of that one... I may have to look it up.

WorzelG
01-25-2015, 03:44 AM
Watching the UK version of The Voice and Ricky Wilson and Rita Ora have managed to annoy me so much they make Will.i.am seem quite a cool dude in comparison

EndlessLoveless
01-26-2015, 12:45 PM
I. HATE. FALL OUT BOY. Who likes this shit???????? Ive never met a person who actually listens to fall out boy. Someone tell me i am wrong.....here it comes.....

Oh yeah, and BLINK 182. When i hear that girl at the rock show song it gives me the douche chills. (douche chills meaning the feeling you get when you see or hear someone doing something so horribly awkward or embarassing or douchey that you feel it yourself) i.e. the lyrics of that song.

The_Prowler
01-26-2015, 03:59 PM
I. HATE. FALL OUT BOY. Who likes this shit???????? Ive never met a person who actually listens to fall out boy. Someone tell me i am wrong.....here it comes.....

Oh yeah, and BLINK 182. When i hear that girl at the rock show song it gives me the douche chills. (douche chills meaning the feeling you get when you see or hear someone doing something so horribly awkward or embarassing or douchey that you feel it yourself) i.e. the lyrics of that song.
I met lots of people who loved both of those bands... when I was in middle school. Haven't really met anyone who likes them since then, though, except for a small number who liked them when they were 13 and still occasionally break out one of their CDs for a little nostalgia.

I have to agree with you, though. Even when I was but a wee lad in middle school who was immersing himself in hundreds of bands across dozens of genres trying to discover as much as possible about music, those three bands (including fucking Green Day) always stuck out in my mind as being absolute shit. Punk and its watered down Pop/Punk bastard child never held any interest for me.

Also, as a drummer, I have a personal vendetta against goddamn Travis fucking cock smoking Barker. Seriously, fuck that fucking fuck fucker.

eversonpoe
01-26-2015, 05:25 PM

yeah, i went to HIGH SCHOOL with most of fall out boy. imagine how horrible that was.
patrick, the vocalist, went to a nearby school where some of my friends went. the first real party i ever went to was on valentine's day my sophomore year, and i went on a date with my friend joanna who went to that high school. patrick spilled an ENTIRE beer on me and then started throwing a hissy fit as if i had spilled his beer all over me on purpose. i didn't find out who he was until like a week later. what a douche.

kel
01-26-2015, 06:40 PM
panic at the disco (do they still use the "!"? are they still a "they"?) were nice enough when i worked their signing in 2009.

that's all i got.

GulDukat
01-26-2015, 11:19 PM
If I hear Katy Perry one more time, I'm going to cut my ears off.

WorzelG
01-27-2015, 12:16 AM
yeah, i went to HIGH SCHOOL with most of fall out boy. imagine how horrible that was.
patrick, the vocalist, went to a nearby school where some of my friends went. the first real party i ever went to was on valentine's day my sophomore year, and i went on a date with my friend joanna who went to that high school. patrick spilled an ENTIRE beer on me and then started throwing a hissy fit as if i had spilled his beer all over me on purpose. i didn't find out who he was until like a week later. what a douche.
This story makes me feel so righteous for my Fall Out Boy hatred. I was SO pleased that Mark Ronson kept their latest album off the number one slot in the UK charts this week!

You should read his 'everyone hates me' blog Patrick Stump did after his solo album failed to make yourself feel better
http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2649172

GulDukat
01-27-2015, 12:21 AM
Fall Out Boy/Panic at the Disco--pretty bad.

When I was in high school I got Soundgaren, NIN, Pumpkins, Pearl Jam, etc. The next generation got Limp Bizkit followed by that emo shit. Glad I came of age when I did.

thevoid99
01-27-2015, 12:29 AM
Fall Out Boy/Panic at the Disco--pretty bad.

When I was in high school I got Soundgaren, NIN, Pumpkins, Pearl Jam, etc. The next generation got Limp Bizkit followed by that emo shit. Glad I came of age when I did.

Wow, that was the same stuff I was listening to back then. Yet, I got more out there through stuff like the Stooges and the Velvets at that times.

GulDukat
01-27-2015, 12:33 AM
Wow, that was the same stuff I was listening to back then. Yet, I got more out there through stuff like the Stooges and the Velvets at that times.
It was a great time to be a music fan in the 1990's. Even the latter half of the 90's--the post grunge-era, Bush, Foo Fighters, Silverchair, etc. Good stuff.

Got into the Velvet Underground in my 20's. Didn't care for them at first, didn't "get" them. Now they are one of my favorite bands.

kel
01-27-2015, 11:55 AM
It was a great time to be a music fan in the 1990's. Even the latter half of the 90's--the post grunge-era, Bush, Foo Fighters, Silverchair, etc. Good stuff.

Got into the Velvet Underground in my 20's. Didn't care for them at first, didn't "get" them. Now they are one of my favorite bands.
bush sucks. every fucking slow dance in (early) high school being "glycerine," one of the stupidest songs ever fucking written.

GulDukat
01-27-2015, 11:59 AM
bush sucks. every fucking slow dance in high school being "glycerine," one of the stupidest songs ever fucking written.
I was never a fan when they were popular. Thought that they were grunge posers, jumping on the bandwagon. And that's probably true. Still, they wrote some memorable songs, "Everything Zen, "Greedy Fly," etc. and their albums are consistently good, even if they aren't great. I agree that "Glycerine" was overplayed. Takes me back to HS.

EndlessLoveless
01-27-2015, 01:20 PM
Lincoln Park is as bad as fall out boy and blink 182.

Jinsai
01-27-2015, 01:55 PM
Lincoln Park is as bad as fall out boy and blink 182.

Yep... actually, I'd say they're significantly worse. Linkin Park is like if you took all the shitty pop gestures of Blink 182 and Fall Out Boy, and condensed them into a weepy temper tantrum that repeatedly insisted it was serious. At least Blink realized they were a silly joke for the most part. The running theme in Linkin Park's music is "I'm really sad that you aren't paying enough attention to me!!!!!!"

Sutekh
01-27-2015, 01:57 PM
linkin park make slipknot look like napalm death

Ripe(withdecay)
01-27-2015, 07:06 PM
Yep... actually, I'd say they're significantly worse. Linkin Park is like if you took all the shitty pop gestures of Blink 182 and Fall Out Boy, and condensed them into a weepy temper tantrum that repeatedly insisted it was serious. At least Blink realized they were a silly joke for the most part. The running theme in Linkin Park's music is "I'm really sad that you aren't paying enough attention to me!!!!!!"

I strongly disagree with you on this. Basically, I grew up listening to Linkin Park and always have been a huge fan of them. It seems like they're one of the big bands that everyone mostly hates on here. That's my observation of it, but hey it's all opinions. It just sucks seeing such negativity on here over music.

The_Prowler
01-28-2015, 01:07 AM
Going back to Blink 182 for a minute, here's something I found hilarious that happened a few years ago...

I was in Guitar Center, and they had a Travis Barker signature drum kit. It was so horrendously ugly and disgustingly overpriced for what it was (you were paying more for the celebrity name than you were for the actual drums) that no one wanted to buy it. It sat collecting dust in the store for so long and so many people told them how bad it looked that they eventually sent it back to the company. Seriously, it looked like someone swallowed a glitter filled disco ball and vomited all over the damn thing. It wasn't the absolute ugliest drum set I've ever seen, but it was definitely in my top ten, easily.

I'm sitting here smirking over how badly the whole thing failed, especially considering how he's marketed as being one of the best drummers in history (wrongly) with legions of loyal fans who will buy anything with his name attached to it. Turns out they may have overestimated a bit.

WorzelG
01-28-2015, 01:14 AM
I strongly disagree with you on this. Basically, I grew up listening to Linkin Park and always have been a huge fan of them. It seems like they're one of the big bands that everyone mostly hates on here. That's my observation of it, but hey it's all opinions. It just sucks seeing such negativity on here over music.
You can't come into the shitty music thread expecting positivity!

UnjollyIrishman
01-28-2015, 06:33 AM
he's marketed as being one of the best drummers in history (wrongly)
Agreed, he's a good drummer, but nowhere near the best ever.

Khrz
01-28-2015, 07:04 AM

Although there are indeed a number of bands who get railed fairly frequently (Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, among others), every band has its detractors. As you said it's all opinions, and I'm pretty certain that you've seen other bands getting heavily criticized and thought "yeah I don't much care for them either"... Just because it's art doesn't mean it's safe from negative reactions. And as @WorzelG (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=811) pointed out, this thread is here for the express purpose of dissing bands you don't like, don't get, or can't endure.

The_Prowler
01-28-2015, 11:40 AM
Agreed, he's a good drummer, but nowhere near the best ever.
I get so sick of people screaming that he's the "best drummer ever". Sure, he's fast and keeps solid enough time, but he's no Buddy Rich, Dennis Chambers or Todd Sucherman.

You know how the comments section for almost every video on YouTube devolves into insane political/racist fights and dick measuring contests? Imagine that, only bitching about what drummer is better and you'll get an idea of the comments sections on most drum solo videos. I won't really even read comments anymore on YouTube because I get so tired of the same shit every single time.

Space Suicide
01-28-2015, 12:25 PM
Going back to Blink 182 for a minute, here's something I found hilarious that happened a few years ago...

I was in Guitar Center, and they had a Travis Barker signature drum kit. It was so horrendously ugly and disgustingly overpriced for what it was (you were paying more for the celebrity name than you were for the actual drums) that no one wanted to buy it. It sat collecting dust in the store for so long and so many people told them how bad it looked that they eventually sent it back to the company. Seriously, it looked like someone swallowed a glitter filled disco ball and vomited all over the damn thing. It wasn't the absolute ugliest drum set I've ever seen, but it was definitely in my top ten, easily.

I'm sitting here smirking over how badly the whole thing failed, especially considering how he's marketed as being one of the best drummers in history (wrongly) with legions of loyal fans who will buy anything with his name attached to it. Turns out they may have overestimated a bit.

Travis Barker is an average durmmer. There's nothing special about him at all.

Blink 182 sucks and they're almost mostly to blame for "pop punk" bands. Them and Green Day. I fucking hate pop punk. Garbage.

henryeatscereal
01-28-2015, 12:56 PM
Also i'll add to the "negative comments" that Travis Barker is a douche, had the displeasure of watching once his stupid reality show ("Meet the Barkers") and god!, could this guy be more boring?, what an untalented and boring guy to have a show about...

thevoid99
01-28-2015, 03:17 PM
Travis Barker is an OK drummer but I was never impressed by what he does. He's not even in the league of the great drummers ever like Buddy Rich, Keith Moon, John Bohnam, Cozy Powell, or Neil Peart. Ringo Starr is in my list of favorite drummers though he barely does anything flashy in his drum work other than his small fills. Barker wishes he could have the gift of playing those famous fills that Ringo brought to those great songs by the Beatles.

Soma
01-28-2015, 05:29 PM
Blink 182 sucks and they're almost mostly to blame for "pop punk" bands. Them and Green Day. I fucking hate pop punk. Garbage.

I think they're definitely partially blame for the rash of mall-punk bands from the 90's to now. Ultimately they were a result of GOOD pop-punk bands like The Descendents, Bad Religion, The Vandals etc.
I would agree that the vast majority of pop-punk bands in the limelight are pretty awful, but there always exceptions with ANY genre.. While there's an excess of god-awful shit like Escape The Fate and All Time Low on the forefront, there are still a lot of truly genuine bands that get passed over.

That being said.. I've never been too fond of Blink. They have solid hooks and can be fun if you feel like taking a nostalgia trip back to middle school.. but I don't get a lot of the praise.

Space Suicide
01-29-2015, 09:09 AM
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/taylor-swift-trademarks-this-sick-beat-and-other-1989-phrases-20150128

Uh ok.

tony.parente
01-29-2015, 09:55 AM
The new Attila album is so awesome.

ambergris
01-29-2015, 10:01 AM
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/taylor-swift-trademarks-this-sick-beat-and-other-1989-phrases-20150128

Uh ok.

Taylor Swift is an asshole. She needs to disappear from public life.

tony.parente
01-29-2015, 11:08 AM
Taylor Swift is an asshole. She needs to disappear from public life.
Really? She by all accounts is an amazingly nice, charitable, kindhearted person. Not one person has ever come out saying she was rude or ungrateful, you can hate her music but the notion that she is an asshole doesn't have too much merit.

ambergris
01-29-2015, 11:54 AM
Really? She by all accounts is an amazingly nice, charitable, kindhearted person. Not one person has ever come out saying she was rude or ungrateful, you can hate her music but the notion that she is an asshole doesn't have too much merit.

That copyright story crossed a line for me. I didn't particularly mind her before, but her fake boyfriends, her fake country-to-pop transition, her fake protesting about too much visibility, it reeks of cold calculation. I bet she started as a country singer because that scene needs young, attractive stars so she knew she could make herself a name there, but as soon as she accomplished that, she began to cash in through mainstream pop. That copyright move is another cash-grab. "Party like it's 1989"? I think Prince should sue her. "That sick beat"? A standard hip-hop phrase. Also, once you peek a little behind her PR, you realize the whole fakeness surrounding her. Dating Harry Styles, ha....

EndlessLoveless
01-29-2015, 12:16 PM
That dude from lincoln park is so whiney. How can anyone take him seriously? Why would anyone want to hear him with STP? The only person i would ever want to hear with STP is scott fucking weiland.

I know this is the shit music thread but im sorry, i cant stop. Lincoln park is BAD. The most derivative band i have ever heard. Combine the deftones, limp bisquit and stabbing westward or gravity kills, mix in some whiney singing and whiney lyrics and what do you get....lincoln park. I do like SOME deftones so im not ragging on them. But lincoln park sounds like the definition of daddy didnt love me rock.

henryeatscereal
01-29-2015, 12:41 PM
lincoln park sounds like the definition of daddy didnt love me rock.
ROFL, "Daddy Didn't Love me rock"... XD

"Papa Roach" also is a good representative of this genre...

thevoid99
01-29-2015, 03:18 PM
ROFL, "Daddy Didn't Love me rock"... XD

"Papa Roach" also is a good representative of this genre...

That shit was terrible. I thought it was bad whiny music where guys tried to be hard and shit while crying about "daddy didn't love me".

Jinsai
01-29-2015, 06:06 PM

Uh ok.

I'm going to start working on my new concept album of noise music, featuring songs like "This Sick Beat" and "Cause We Never Go Out of Style" under my noise monicker, 'Swift Tailor."

also, what the hell is wrong with people (http://www.stereogum.com/1732891/these-are-pandoras-10-most-liked-songs-of-all-time/news/)

thevoid99
01-29-2015, 08:21 PM
I'm going to start working on my new concept album of noise music, featuring songs like "This Sick Beat" and "Cause We Never Go Out of Style" under my noise monicker, 'Swift Tailor."

also, what the hell is wrong with people (http://www.stereogum.com/1732891/these-are-pandoras-10-most-liked-songs-of-all-time/news/)

I like Adele though I don't really care for that song. Everything else in that list is just horrible. What is wrong with kids today? Oh, and fuck Taylor Swift and her bullshit copyright.

binaryhermit
01-29-2015, 09:06 PM
I'll admit to liking that Goo Goo Dolls song... and that Gotye song.
Otherwise, I agree.

allegro
01-29-2015, 09:45 PM
I like Adele though I don't really care for that song. Everything else in that list is just horrible. What is wrong with kids today? Oh, and fuck Taylor Swift and her bullshit copyright.

That's her overpaid overzealous lawyers doing that shit. Intellectual Property law is the highest-paid law.

Khrz
01-30-2015, 04:42 AM
Plus it doesn't seem like she's copyrighting those sentences at large, it's just a way to block clothing companies and such from using her songs to sell branded rags... Since those companies couldn't give a flying fuck about copyright rights usually (ask any illustrator/designer who has an online portfolio), it gives her leverage to retaliate in case American Apparel decides to ride on Swift's fame to sell Tshirts without a contract and her approval.
It's not made with the intent to lock down on mere sentences, it's a market move to legally cockblock greedy douchebags. It's douchy, but coherent with a douchy ecosystem.

fillow
01-30-2015, 04:52 AM
Because these phrases are so damn catchy everyone's gonna want to wear them.

Khrz
01-30-2015, 05:13 AM
Because you're so part of the demographic to judge. We're talking 10 to 15 yo teens here, we're talking glittery shirts, removable tats and branded diaries, fans that age will wear anything if it resonates with them, hell they'll even carve it on their desk. Have you seen the shit people wear ?
It really doesn't matter how profound the statement is as long as the right person said it. You can put a Gandhi or a MLK quote on a shirt and watch as you barely sell a dozen, or you can slap a line from a Taylor Swift song and struggle to meet demand...

henryeatscereal
01-30-2015, 09:27 AM
"Don't Stop Believing" is an awesome pop song (obviously the Journey version...)

eversonpoe
01-30-2015, 12:08 PM
"Don't Stop Believing" is an awesome pop song (obviously the Journey version...)

i'd say it's a catchy song, but it's definitely not "awesome". i hate that song so much.

Pillfred
01-30-2015, 12:32 PM
i'd say it's a catchy song, but it's definitely not "awesome". i hate that song so much.
I make it a point to yell "I hate this fucking song!" every time I hear it. It's awkward at times but fulfilling.

thevoid99
01-30-2015, 03:25 PM
I make it a point to yell "I hate this fucking song!" every time I hear it. It's awkward at times but fulfilling.

I would do the same thing as well. I really don't like a lot of songs by Journey. I think Steve Perry is a fucking chode.

Jinsai
01-30-2015, 03:51 PM

I don't recommend it, but if you were to ever get a job working in a karaoke bar, you would not feel this way.

henryeatscereal
01-30-2015, 04:09 PM
I don't recommend it, but if you were to ever get a job working in a karaoke bar, you would not feel this way.
lol, i see your point and i'm glad i've never worked in one...

I understand the hate, but what can i say? i do like it... i guess my opinion would be better in the "Musical sins" thread...
BTW of all the other songs posted i don't care about any other except the Journey track and i hate Gotye, also that Goo Goo Dolls track is awful....

allegro
01-30-2015, 04:21 PM
lol, i see your point and i'm glad i've never worked in one...

I understand the hate, but what can i say? i do like it...
to further shit on that song, nobody was ever born and raised in South Detroit since it doesn't exist.

Space Suicide
01-30-2015, 04:27 PM
I never understood the Don't Stop Believing hype train. Is it supposed to be an uplifting, feel good track for positivity?

It just reeks of 80's arena rock cheese. I certainly think it sucks big time. Carry On My Wayward Son is another song I can't stand that's similar to Don't Stop Believing. However that's Kansas and not Journey.

Either way: yuck.

Charmingly Miserable
01-31-2015, 04:51 PM
I never understood the Don't Stop Believing hype train. Is it supposed to be an uplifting, feel good track for positivity?

It just reeks of 80's arena rock cheese. I certainly think it sucks big time. Carry On My Wayward Son is another song I can't stand that's similar to Don't Stop Believing. However that's Kansas and not Journey.

Every drunk bro and his even drunker girlfriend's karaoke theme song. Puke.

mfte
02-01-2015, 02:10 PM
Has anyone seen Riff Raff lately? He is pumping iron to stay off drugs. Reznor style. Gained abour 50lbs. I also heard he is being trained by Hulk Hogan and possibly looking into trying out for WWE, which would be such an insane thing for someone to do granted that they weren't Riff Raff. Weird.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/01/29/252C5FBE00000578-2932080-image-a-70_1422565460408.jpg

kel
02-01-2015, 02:29 PM
yuck. it's like seeing the buffed up carrot top -- i'm supposed to be attracted to this, but it's giving me vertigo.

Charmingly Miserable
02-02-2015, 10:27 PM
That's gross. I didn't like him before and I certainly don't like him now.

UnjollyIrishman
02-03-2015, 06:47 AM
Has anyone seen Riff Raff lately? He is pumping iron to stay off drugs. Reznor style. Gained abour 50lbs. I also heard he is being trained by Hulk Hogan and possibly looking into trying out for WWE, which would be such an insane thing for someone to do granted that they weren't Riff Raff. Weird.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/01/29/252C5FBE00000578-2932080-image-a-70_1422565460408.jpg

I thought he'd joined Asking Alexandria.
EDIT: For those who don't know what I'm on about, this is what happens when you combine a mediocre rapper with a mediocre metalcore band.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHpzbMTgk2k

WorzelG
02-03-2015, 08:41 AM
Oh God, fucking Mumford are back headlining Reading festival. I thought they'd disbanded?

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/reading-and-leeds-2015-mumford-and-sons-announced-as-festival-headliners-alongside-metallica-10019230.html

I really hope reason wins and they flop followed by everyone who bought tickets for ed sheeran at wembley stadium suddenly realising he's shit and leaving him playing his guitar and pedals all by himself. Alas I know this will not happen (there has to be a backlash soon though)

thevoid99
02-03-2015, 04:44 PM
Oh God, fucking Mumford are back headlining Reading festival. I thought they'd disbanded?

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/reading-and-leeds-2015-mumford-and-sons-announced-as-festival-headliners-alongside-metallica-10019230.html

I really hope reason wins and they flop followed by everyone who bought tickets for ed sheeran at wembley stadium suddenly realising he's shit and leaving him playing his guitar and pedals all by himself. Alas I know this will not happen (there has to be a backlash soon though)

They're headlining Reading? What is this world coming to? Oh, I heard Ed Sheeran offered Noel Gallagher a free ticket. What a fucking wanker.

WorzelG
02-04-2015, 02:44 AM
They're headlining Reading? What is this world coming to? Oh, I heard Ed Sheeran offered Noel Gallagher a free ticket. What a fucking wanker.
I'd have more understanding of people's love for sheeran if he looked like James Blunt, but he looks like somebody dropped a cannon ball on his head from a great height and squashed it sideways. I listened to that 'thinking out loud' song a few times with that cheesy video and can't actually remember the song even after about five times, i guess it sticks if its on the radio constantly?I've honestly come to the conclusion that he writes music for people who don't like music very much, or music is a backdrop to the day, not a focus of intent.

Actually maybe it's the continuation of the 'talent show' obsession with finding some boy/ girl next door, people want pop / rock stars to be like some dweeb who works at Tescos, everything has to be fake-humble, Noel Gallagher is right, there are no stars anymore or people with charisma (well there are exceptions like GaGa), just people who will do what they're told

The_Prowler
02-04-2015, 05:43 PM

Fucking Journey, man.

What I don't understand is how only one song from any given band reaches that status. A group will record dozens of songs, most of which are infinitely better than their big radio hit, and yet that one goddamn song is the only one anyone will ever want to fucking hear. You hear it every time you go anywhere that has a jukebox or karaoke or a DJ or anything like that. Hundreds of bands with little to no self respect or integrity (or who are just really desperate for work and literally don't give a shit) play them. Some drunk broad or bro will demand they play a song, and the band obliges them and plays it. Then, as soon as it's over, they'll demand another one, which the band obediently plays. This will happen at least four more times, and when the band goes to take a break, the Master of the Setlist (as I call the drunk requesters starting right now) will then go to the jukebox and play every single song he or she just requested. This will happen for every set.

Other bands will get the same demands at nearly every show, but won't actually play them. But the Master of the Setlist will still drop a $20 in the jukebox and play the same goddamn songs every... single... fucking... time. If I had a nickel for every time someone demanded Freebird, Don't Stop Believin', Shot Through The Heart, Nothin' But A Good Time, Stairway To Heaven, Mustang Sally, Smoke On The Water and dozens of 90s Alternative and Hip Hop songs, I could probably buy a house with enough cash left over for a new car, too.

The_Prowler
02-07-2015, 01:54 AM
I may or may not have written about this before, I can't remember...

I'm Yours by Jason Mraz never fails to put me in a shitty mood. I can't stand that goddamn song. It's literally the only song that I've ever hated so much that if I'm out somewhere and it comes on, I will leave and stand outside for five minutes until I'm sure it's over and then go back inside. The only issue is that I can't leave when I have to play it with my band. Whenever my guitar player starts that song, I feel an extreme urge to shove his guitar up his ass sideways. But everyone else seems to love it (I have no idea why), so I recognize the need to play it if we're losing their attention during a show or if he just feels like playing it because he likes it so much... doesn't mean I have to like it, though.
I love playing drums and performing, so no matter what else is going on in my life, I'm always happy when I'm playing a gig and I have a big smile on my face for most of the show except for when I'm playing that fucking song. I've seen people pointing at me and commenting on how pissed off I look when we do it. I know it's unprofessional, but I can't help it. I just hate that goddamn song so very much. I would rather shit my pants onstage and have to sit in it until the end of the set if it meant I would never have to play that goddamn song again... either that or be forced to play a Taylor Swift song. They pretty much add up to the same thing.

Fun Fact: I never actually call the song by its proper name when talking about it; I refer to it as I'm Fucking Yours by Goddamn Jason Fucking Mraz.

WorzelG
02-07-2015, 03:42 AM
I may or may not have written about this before, I can't remember...

I'm Yours by Jason Mraz never fails to put me in a shitty mood. I can't stand that goddamn song. It's literally the only song that I've ever hated so much that if I'm out somewhere and it comes on, I will leave and stand outside for five minutes until I'm sure it's over and then go back inside. The only issue is that I can't leave when I have to play it with my band. Whenever my guitar player starts that song, I feel an extreme urge to shove his guitar up his ass sideways. But everyone else seems to love it (I have no idea why), so I recognize the need to play it if we're losing their attention during a show or if he just feels like playing it because he likes it so much... doesn't mean I have to like it, though.
I love playing drums and performing, so no matter what else is going on in my life, I'm always happy when I'm playing a gig and I have a big smile on my face for most of the show except for when I'm playing that fucking song. I've seen people pointing at me and commenting on how pissed off I look when we do it. I know it's unprofessional, but I can't help it. I just hate that goddamn song so very much. I would rather shit my pants onstage and have to sit in it until the end of the set if it meant I would never have to play that goddamn song again... either that or be forced to play a Taylor Swift song. They pretty much add up to the same thing.

Fun Fact: I never actually call the song by its proper name when talking about it; I refer to it as I'm Fucking Yours by Goddamn Jason Fucking Mraz.
I've never heard of him but you got me curious so I looked him up on wiki and it seems there's a genre called 'coffee house blues' what the fuck? So I decided I wouldn't bother checking it out as I don't like 'singer songwriters' and their acoustic guitars

The_Prowler
02-07-2015, 11:44 AM
I've never heard of him but you got me curious so I looked him up on wiki and it seems there's a genre called 'coffee house blues' what the fuck? So I decided I wouldn't bother checking it out as I don't like 'singer songwriters' and their acoustic guitars
I never knew his music was called "Coffee House Blues", and now I'm even more upset. I play Blues (Chicago, Texas, Bayou, Memphis, Jump, all the different styles), and now to find out that he qualifies as Blues just devastates me. I need to go drink something distilled now...

Khrz
02-07-2015, 11:45 AM
But Marilyn Manson is totes legit Blues now, right guys ? Guys ? Right ?

The_Prowler
02-08-2015, 12:15 AM
But Marilyn Manson is totes legit Blues now, right guys ? Guys ? Right ?
I can definitely hear some Blues influence in some of his new material. I don't know what the actual inspiration for this record was, though. I need to do some research on that.

icecream
02-08-2015, 03:35 AM
I'm in Israel, far far from home and it is the same shitty pop music I hear in Canada. Everywhere. Every. Where.

blackholesun
02-10-2015, 11:22 PM
http://youtu.be/zUslXuCNRi0

I had managed to avoid this group, until recently when this popped on Facebook and I decided to give it a listen.

I don't normally get upset at hearing music, but this is godawful. That stupid "ohh" sample is so grating. It goes on through the whole song! The lyrics are so generic it hurts. "Hey now, girl, if you died, I'd die right by your side"? Sheesh. And there is an actual fucking airhorn sample after the first chorus. It almost feels like they are insulting the listener. I need to take a shower.

Kid Charlemagne
02-10-2015, 11:25 PM
http://youtu.be/zUslXuCNRi0

I had managed to avoid this group, until recently when this popped on Facebook and I decided to give it a listen.

I don't normally get upset at hearing music, but this is godawful. That stupid "ohh" sample is so grating. It goes on through the whole song! The lyrics are so generic it hurts. "Hey now, girl, if you died, I'd die right by your side"? Sheesh. And there is an actual fucking airhorn sample after the first chorus. It almost feels like they are insulting the listener. I need to take a shower.

I enjoyed their first album when it came out, but their albums have gone worse. This song sucks so bad!

GulDukat
02-13-2015, 06:44 AM
Has Train been mentioned? They suck.

UnjollyIrishman
02-13-2015, 07:59 AM

This isn't a drive-by
I wish the whole band were killed in a drive-by

thevoid99
02-13-2015, 02:31 PM

Oh God do I loathe them. Especially the singer. I wanna shoot him in his fucking throat. I fucking hate their songs. I have to leave the room or I'll scream in anger.

The_Prowler
02-13-2015, 03:03 PM
Let me count the ways Counting Crows blow ass...

All of them. They blow ass all the ways.

aggroculture
02-13-2015, 03:29 PM
well. I liked Mr Jones.

That's it though. Everything else I've heard is doggie doodoo.

And Duritz is a self-important putz.

Joy Prevention Hotline
02-22-2015, 01:43 AM
Last week I heard Michelle Branch for the first time and thought, What is this, the Disney version of "alternative" rock?

Do people actually listen to this, and if so can they please be marked with fluorescent paint so I can avoid them forever?

All offense intended. :p

henryeatscereal
02-22-2015, 02:13 AM
Imagine Dragons is also a "Disney version of alternative rock"; god, they suck...

thevoid99
02-22-2015, 02:19 AM
Imagine Dragons is also a "Disney version of alternative rock"; god, they suck...

I'm offended by the fact that they're categorized as a rock band as I don't hear any guitars or anything.

Joy Prevention Hotline
02-22-2015, 04:06 AM
Another one I listened to for the first time last week, but slightly less bland. (On the plus side, I was also introduced to Hozier and The War on Drugs, which give me hope that some real artists will come out of this generation after all.)

GulDukat
02-22-2015, 05:01 AM
Last week I heard Michelle Branch for the first time and thought, What is this, the Disney version of "alternative" rock?

Do people actually listen to this, and if so can they please be marked with fluorescent paint so I can avoid them forever?

All offense intended. :p
Just listened to her song. Sounds like Avril 2.0.

eversonpoe
02-23-2015, 08:05 AM
michelle branch has been around since the early 00s

amazed you guys managed to avoid her for so long

Joy Prevention Hotline
02-24-2015, 07:17 PM
I know. I stopped listening to the radio before that, and then I stopped watching TV. It's made me blissfully unaware of a lot of pop music.

The_Prowler
02-25-2015, 02:55 AM
Meg White has taken a lot of shit over the years for being a shitty drummer. When asked to explain, most people don't really seem to have a clear idea of why beyond "she just keeps the beat". I'd like to offer my opinion on why I think she isn't a truly great drummer, but also why that statement about her is bullshit...
(Please note that I don't have an encyclopedic knowledge of the music of The White Stripes, so I'm going based on the songs I've heard.)

It all comes down, to me, to timing.

People say she sucks because she just keeps the beat, and they're right. Laying down a solid beat without doing anything flashy is sometimes referred to as "meat and potatoes"; just the basics, nothing unnecessary. Look at Phil Rudd from AC/DC- he's as meat and potatoes as you can get, and his time is solid as a rock. he never once recorded with a click track (metronome, for those who don't know), but you could set your watch to him. John Bonham wasn't all bombastic fills and crazy drumming all the time, he had a backbeat as solid as the Rock of Gibraltar and deep as the Grand Canyon and wouldn't stray from that if that's what the song needed (Kashmir, anyone?). Even if he was deliberately dragging behind the rest of the band, his timing was impeccable, and I don't think he recorded with a click, either. They both always served the song more than anything else, and they're both regarded as great drummers. Ringo is the singular most expensive and one of the most in demand drummers on the planet, and he never does anything extraneous. While I'm personally not a huge fan, I have to admit that he always served the song perfectly and never did anything extraneous while keeping pretty solid time. I could go on with many more examples, but I'll take mercy on you all and cut off here.

Meg, on the other hand, does (or did, I don't know if she's still playing) record with a click track, as most bands do these days, and she usually laid down a fairly solid, if simple, beat. But there are more than a few instances I've heard where she seems to be struggling to keep that simple beat, and it sounds to me that if it weren't for the click and Jack, she'd completely dissolve into timeless chaos. And when I see videos of her performing live, a lot of the time I can see her tensing up and sometimes even hesitating while playing trying to stay in time.

So don't knock drummers just for playing "simple" if they keep solid time. Sometimes that's all the music needs and it would sound like shit if they did anything else. If they sound like this guy, though, feel free to blast on them all you want :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_0ZNho_kuE

WorzelG
02-25-2015, 05:05 PM
Not only was Ed Sheeran playing in the pub earlier, then my husband insisted on checking out the end of the Brit awards where Ed Sheeran won best album of 2014 - ugh, fuck off you overrated tosser

allegro
02-25-2015, 06:19 PM
Meg White has taken a lot of shit over the years for being a shitty drummer. When asked to explain, most people don't really seem to have a clear idea of why beyond "she just keeps the beat". I'd like to offer my opinion on why I think she isn't a truly great drummer, but also why that statement about her is bullshit...
(Please note that I don't have an encyclopedic knowledge of the music of The White Stripes, so I'm going based on the songs I've heard.)

It all comes down, to me, to timing.
I was a first-chair concert percussionist for 4.5 years (reading music in junior high and high school concert band), and I saw the White Stripes live and I have the first three White Stripes albums ... and I'm from the Detroit area, LOL; Meg used to be a bartender at Memphis Smoke in Royal Oak and she was a better bartender than a drummer. Her sense of rhythm was terrible. Live, Jack had to stand in front of her and bob up-and-down.

Now, admittedly, this is a very very difficult thing. Even Dave Grohl has said that he thought he had a perfect sense of rhythm until a producer frowned at him and handed him a earpiece with a click-track and Dave was mortified. But, Meg, egad. Really, it was bad. Made me cringe bad. There was this constant drag that made you want to get up there and yell CATCH UP. Allegedly, that ain't Meg on the records.

Personally, I prefer the "simple" drummers over the showy Neil Peart Jesus Fucking Christ Quit Filling Every Fucking Second With That Keith Moon Shit drummers, although I give exception to Stewart Copeland and he's about as showy as I allow. But, yes, John Bonham: Led Zeppelin was NOT a guitarist band, it was a DRUMMER's band, and Bonzo drove that fucking band and Page and Plant were just showmen while Bonzo and Jones and that rhythm section made that whole damned band without anybody even realizing it. Simple, not showy at all, save for Moby Dick drum solos.

But, yes, you're right; timing, rhythm, whatever, Meg doesn't have an ounce of it. The last White Stripes tour was canceled due to Meg's "anxiety" and this anxiety was no doubt utter exhaustion just trying to keep a beat for so long, even with a click-track and Jack standing in front of her bobbing up-and-down like a human metronome (and probably mouthing "1-2-3-4" to her). And that's perfectly understandable, and it makes Jack kinda cruel for trying to make her do that in the first place.

Simple percussion, although maybe not so simple (or totally impossible) if you're Meg White:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNERxbBtT5Q

tony.parente
02-25-2015, 06:30 PM
michelle branch has been around since the early 00s

amazed you guys managed to avoid her for so long

i love her so much
edit: damn the capslock filter on this board lol

thevoid99
02-25-2015, 10:28 PM
Not only was Ed Sheeran playing in the pub earlier, then my husband insisted on checking out the end of the Brit awards where Ed Sheeran won best album of 2014 - ugh, fuck off you overrated tosser

Noel Gallagher is right. He is a twat and a ginger (no offense to the redheads in this forum).

fillow
02-26-2015, 04:34 AM
The perfect "simple" drummer in my book: Nick Mason

Space Suicide
02-26-2015, 01:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TO9Qa7MpAvw

Suckage!

pulse
02-26-2015, 01:58 PM
The perfect "simple" drummer in my book: Nick Mason

I've never figured out why Nick Mason is considered a "simple" drummer. Granted, he's no Bill Bruford or Neil Peart, but he did utilize fills and did more than keep time. Go back and listen to "Shine On You Crazy Diamond." Yes, it's difficult not to notice Gilmour and Wright killing it. But the drumming immediately stands out for me.

EndlessLoveless
02-26-2015, 02:30 PM
I've never figured out why Nick Mason is considered a "simple" drummer. Granted, he's no Bill Bruford or Neil Peart, but he did utilize fills and did more than keep time. Go back and listen to "Shine On You Crazy Diamond." Yes, it's difficult not to notice Gilmour and Wright killing it. But the drumming immediately stands out for me.

Certain parts of 'echoes' too.....nick mason rules. But john bonham has the best "feel". So powerful. That kick in 'when the levee breaks'......unreal. Neil Peart IS the best though.

But back to shitty music and not the greatest music of all time.
Ed sheeran is completely overrated.

Louie_Cypher
02-26-2015, 04:13 PM
jpj was the heart of this band and went on to prove it with" in through the out door", and later production creds
-louie

allegro
02-26-2015, 04:38 PM
jpj was the heart of this band and went on to prove it with" in through the out door", and later production creds
-louie
We saw him live, he opened for Jeff Beck, and he totally blew us away. Whoa. One of the best performances we've ever seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YnkRTA8wtg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMxSE3CDcpA

fillow
02-27-2015, 01:28 AM
I understand what you are saying, and I'm not dismissing Nick in any way. But he's still mostly hidden beside other members. My point is, Pink Floyd is not the kind of band that made me want to learn drums (I started a year ago). Led Zep, QOTSA, Pumpkins and APC certainly are.

Jinsai
02-27-2015, 01:53 AM
Ed sheeran is completely overrated.

But nobody actually likes him... right?

The_Prowler
02-27-2015, 02:16 AM
I was a first-chair concert percussionist for 4.5 years (reading music in junior high and high school concert band), and I saw the White Stripes live and I have the first three White Stripes albums ... and I'm from the Detroit area, LOL; Meg used to be a bartender at Memphis Smoke in Royal Oak and she was a better bartender than a drummer. Her sense of rhythm was terrible. Live, Jack had to stand in front of her and bob up-and-down.

Now, admittedly, this is a very very difficult thing. Even Dave Grohl has said that he thought he had a perfect sense of rhythm until a producer frowned at him and handed him a earpiece with a click-track and Dave was mortified. But, Meg, egad. Really, it was bad. Made me cringe bad. There was this constant drag that made you want to get up there and yell CATCH UP. Allegedly, that ain't Meg on the records.

Personally, I prefer the "simple" drummers over the showy Neil Peart Jesus Fucking Christ Quit Filling Every Fucking Second With That Keith Moon Shit drummers, although I give exception to Stewart Copeland and he's about as showy as I allow. But, yes, John Bonham: Led Zeppelin was NOT a guitarist band, it was a DRUMMER's band, and Bonzo drove that fucking band and Page and Plant were just showmen while Bonzo and Jones and that rhythm section made that whole damned band without anybody even realizing it. Simple, not showy at all, save for Moby Dick drum solos.

But, yes, you're right; timing, rhythm, whatever, Meg doesn't have an ounce of it. The last White Stripes tour was canceled due to Meg's "anxiety" and this anxiety was no doubt utter exhaustion just trying to keep a beat for so long, even with a click-track and Jack standing in front of her bobbing up-and-down like a human metronome (and probably mouthing "1-2-3-4" to her). And that's perfectly understandable, and it makes Jack kinda cruel for trying to make her do that in the first place.

Simple percussion, although maybe not so simple (or totally impossible) if you're Meg White:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNERxbBtT5Q
I'm glad I'm not the only drummer who's not a fan of Neil Peart. As I've stated before in this page, I fully recognize that he's one of the absolute best at what he does and I have tremendous respect for him, but that doesn't mean I have to worship the ground he walks on him and tell him that his shit smells like Cadbury chocolate.
I'm a fan of The Who, and Keith Moon was exactly that... he was Keith Moon, and he did his thing. He was never formally trained and he literally didn't give one solitary fuck about anything when he was drumming. Was he a great drummer in the technical sense? Not on your life, but you have to admit that the band would have been abysmally terrible without him.

And to further expound on your comment about Zeppelin being the rhythm section's band, you're absolutely right. There's always that ONE musician who absolutely makes the band but never gets the credit he or she deserves (okay, maybe not always, but definitely more often than it should happen), and John Paul Jones was that person in Zeppelin. He's known as "the bass player from Led Zeppelin", but I never hear anyone talk about his keyboard playing or brilliant arrangements he came up with. It was definitely his and Bonzo's band more than it was Robert and Jimmy's.

Another thing that never fails to make me laugh my ass off while facepalming myself into last week is when I hear people say that they hate Blues music and then talk about how much they love Led Zeppelin. I love explaining to them that they're a Blues band before anything, and a Rock band second. The Rock side sold the records, but it was a car with a Rock & Roll body powered a Blues engine. And they're always shocked by how many of Zep's classic songs were actually old Blues standards that they just rearranged (and sometimes didn't even change all that much).

As for me and timing, I fully admit that I'm much more of a live drummer than a studio drummer. I practice with a click and record with one, but I was never one that learned from reading a page; I listen and I feel. I've heard things I recorded that absolutely made me cringe, and I'll be the first to admit that there's even been a couple of times (not many, but a few) where the producer had to fix something in Pro Tools because it was just over the line of being acceptable (okay, they may have done it just to shut my bitching up... I'm my own harshest critic and a perfectionist, so sue me). But at least I know I'm not a train wreck when it comes to timing. A live audience gives me life while an empty room and a pair of headphones just suck it out of me. Recording is an entirely different beast from performing, and mastering both is a constant, never ending battle. No matter how good I may get, I'll never be "good enough". At least it keeps me from being stagnant, so I guess it's a good thing.

eversonpoe
02-27-2015, 08:28 AM
-louie

We saw him live, he opened for Jeff Beck, and he totally blew us away. Whoa. One of the best performances we've ever seen.

i saw him twice. once opening for King Crimson and once just by himself. both times were absolutely incredible, and i believe with the same band members. a drummer, a chapman stick player, and jpj, who played a 5-string, 6-string, & 8-string bass, a pedal steel guitar, and a mandolin. i have two of his albums, Zooma & The Thunderthief and they're both fantastic.

EndlessLoveless
02-27-2015, 10:56 AM
I HATE that fucking carrie underwood sunday night football song!!!!!! Its the worst. And its a ripoff of that joan jett song (which i heard this morn, hence this comment). Football has been over for awhile and i still cant get over how horrible that song is. Theyve used it for what, 2 years? And before it was faith hills horrible song. WTF? That song does NOT get me pumped up for football.

Louie_Cypher
02-27-2015, 10:57 AM
Saw him with KC too, was a great show agree with you on the band.Signed my Zooma CD, awesome guy chatted a while. Nick Beggs was the stick player and very talented
-Louie

The_Prowler
02-27-2015, 04:00 PM
I'm a huge Rob Zombie fan, and he's pretty much in my #2 spot for favorite artist right behind Trent (by a very slim margin), but my god, that cover he did of Brick House was fucking atrocious. When I got the Past, Present & Future compilation, I deleted it from my computer.

I remember reading a review of it years ago when it was released that said "it just goes to show that Rob Zombie may be dirty, but he sure ain't funky."

It's the only thing he's ever recorded that I straight up just can't listen to, and that makes me sad.

henryeatscereal
02-27-2015, 04:09 PM
I'm a huge Rob Zombie fan, and he's pretty much in my #2 spot for favorite artist right behind Trent (by a very slim margin), but my god, that cover he did of Brick House was fucking atrocious. When I got the Past, Present & Future compilation, I deleted it from my computer.

I remember reading a review of it years ago when it was released that said "it just goes to show that Rob Zombie may be dirty, but he sure ain't funky."

It's the only thing he's ever recorded that I straight up just can't listen to, and that makes me sad.
I feel similar towards his "Blitzkrieg Pop" cover, i'm sorry if anyone likes it, i find it god awful... and to think that was Zombie himself who got the idea for the tribute album, it's the weakest track on "We're a happy family" by far...

Camille
02-27-2015, 04:11 PM
My mates got me T in The Park tickets for this year. Noel "my interviews are more interesting than my piss boring albums" Gallagher is playing this year, and fucking Kasabian.......if there is a god, then please fucking help me. I'll have me headphones on most of the weekend...LOL!

Space Suicide
02-27-2015, 04:11 PM
I like both cover songs. :p

Brickhouse playing after the horrific last scene of House of 1000 Corpses is a favorite change in tone to me haha.

henryeatscereal
02-27-2015, 04:17 PM
Got no real "beef" with "Brickhouse", but hate the fuck out of "Blitzkrieg Pop", even his boring cover of "We're an american band" is better than those dumb beats he used for the song...

Khrz
02-27-2015, 04:17 PM
I liked "I'm Your Boogie Man"...

henryeatscereal
02-27-2015, 04:18 PM
That's a good one, actually...

eversonpoe
02-27-2015, 05:38 PM
My mates got me T in The Park tickets for this year. Noel "my interviews are more interesting than my piss boring albums" Gallagher is playing this year, and fucking Kasabian.......if there is a god, then please fucking help me. I'll have me headphones on most of the weekend...LOL!

i love "vlad the impaler" by kasabian (probably mostly because of noel fielding in the video...but the song is actually pretty good!)

UnjollyIrishman
02-28-2015, 11:13 AM
Enter Shikari, Seasick Steve, Marmozets, Hot Chip, St. Vincent and Fatboy Slim are there, so they should be great. But other than that, all power to you, I'd have to be paid a large amount of money to see that shitty lineup.

Joy Prevention Hotline
02-28-2015, 04:51 PM
But nobody actually likes him... right?
I like a few of his songs … somebody has to go against the tide, right? :p

i saw him twice. once opening for King Crimson and once just by himself. both times were absolutely incredible, and i believe with the same band members. a drummer, a chapman stick player, and jpj, who played a 5-string, 6-string, & 8-string bass, a pedal steel guitar, and a mandolin. i have two of his albums, Zooma & The Thunderthief and they're both fantastic.
Huh. The only post-Zep work I was aware of was Them Crooked Vultures (which I liked). I'll have to check those albums out.

GulDukat
03-05-2015, 03:58 AM
Hate this song and I seem to hear it a lot in ads and promos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz2GVlQkn4Q

Space Suicide
03-05-2015, 09:24 AM
Hate this song and I seem to hear it a lot in ads and promos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz2GVlQkn4Q

Me too, it's everywhere but I can feel/tell it's their one hit wonder then they'll fade out into no man's land where they belong.

This could be controversial but...

I cannot stand The Eagles and they have absolutely refused to give me a good/hit song that is enjoyable. Their side projects all suck ass too. Yuck. Awful "classic rock" if I ever heard it. Utter shit.