PDA

View Full Version : halo twenty eight. hesitation marks. 09.03.2013

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

MrSlfDstruct
08-13-2013, 11:11 PM
You really need to watch how you say things. I swear my dick almost just exploded thinking you just got a full DL of HM.

Hah! Nah, if it were that I wouldn't have been as composed.

I love finding things early. I almost shit myself when I found Year Zero about a week and a half early, just sitting out on the Wal Mart shelves. I'm thinking of scoping them out next week just to see if I get lucky.

thefragile_jake
08-13-2013, 11:15 PM
You really need to watch how you say things. I swear my dick almost just exploded thinking you just got a full DL of HM.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-D7aXJ59LsDA/URz2psWjPfI/AAAAAAAAE0c/o-fSZR1IZ_E/s640/sad-i-know-that-feel-bro.png

...As did mine.

homphgomph
08-13-2013, 11:17 PM
Ahhh yes, I too got immensely aroused in the way that was worded, none the less it's better than nothing. I'm personally hoping for a leak sometime before labor day weekend since I'll be on a trip and having HM to listen to would be splendid :o

Amaro
08-13-2013, 11:19 PM
I love finding things early. I almost shit myself when I found Year Zero about a week and a half early, just sitting out on the Wal Mart shelves. I'm thinking of scoping them out next week just to see if I get lucky.

You strike me as someone who plays the slots over...and over. You aren't actually going to go to Wally World before September and sift, right? Oh, god...no, I'm not judging!

Edit: You know what--I don't read much at this hour. Do your thing, soldier. I'll stay around these parts.

Kyle
08-13-2013, 11:20 PM
Hah! Nah, if it were that I wouldn't have been as composed.

Wouldnt that be a censored version though?

MrSlfDstruct
08-13-2013, 11:23 PM
You strike me as someone who plays the slots over...and over. You aren't actually going to go to Wally World before September and sift, right? Oh, god...no, I'm not judging!

Sift? Nah. When I found Year Zero it was right out there in front. I've found a few things at Wal Mart early, and they're usually right out in the front of the shelves or on some kind of cart.

Don't get me wrong, I really have grown to hate Wal Mart. I'm happy to spend a few more bucks and shop at Publix or Target where people actually know what courtesy and just acting like a human being mean. But I've found quite a few things on Wal Mart shelves a week or two early, so if there's something coming out that I'm really anticipating, I give it a look.

Depends. Year Zero wasn't censored (was there even a censored version available?), and they sell uncensored versions of a bunch of cds. They're very inconsistent in how their virgin ears policies are applied.

Amaro
08-13-2013, 11:27 PM
Sift? Nah. When I found Year Zero it was right out there in front. I've found a few things at Wal Mart early, and they're usually right out in the front of the shelves or on some kind of cart.

Don't get me wrong, I really have grown to hate Wal Mart. I'm happy to spend a few more bucks and shop at Publix or Target where people actually know what courtesy and just acting like a human being mean.

Roger that, Tort. (Check my edit.) I don't even know why I used the word "sift" even if what you were looking for wasn't on the end of an isle--fucking rows of CDs are so shallow there, it'd be funny if it wasn't so sad.

BenAkenobi
08-13-2013, 11:29 PM

i don't think any nin album ever was censored

MrSlfDstruct
08-13-2013, 11:34 PM
Roger that, Tort. (Check my edit.) And I don't even know why I used the word "sift" even if what you were looking for wasn't on the isle--fucking rows of CDs are so shallow there, it'd be funny if it wasn't so sad.

Heh, nowadays rows of CDs is pretty much just a half a row. I'm a fan of technology, but I do think it's a shame what has happened to the music industry. What's even more sad is that they really haven't even tried to entice people back to buying a physical product in any way. Honestly, with economies of scale, couldn't you price a CD at five bucks at this point? And a digital album in crap quality is the same as a physical CD? What? I'd buy SO many more discs and be happy to do so if I wasn't paying the same thing I was paying 15 years ago. Granted with inflation, it's still kinda less, but . . . you get my point.

What the hell is this thread about? :p

Kyle
08-14-2013, 12:18 AM
i don't think any nin album ever was censored

I just thought Wal-Mart didn't sell any CDs with naughty words.

They only sell director's cuts of movies, violent video games and books like Fifty Shades of Gray, but as long as the F-word isn't sung (or rapped), it's OK.

pigpen
08-14-2013, 12:44 AM
I just thought Wal-Mart didn't sell any CDs with naughty words.

They only sell director's cuts of movies, violent video games and books like Fifty Shades of Gray, but as long as the F-word isn't sung (or rapped), it's OK.

I think I bought my first copies of FDTS and Broken from Wal-Mart when I was a wee lad.. Broken, you know.. FIST FUCK..
I also thought it was kind of funny seeing a copy of Goodfellas in the $5 bin at one point.. Cursing is ok as long as they're showing people
being murdered at the same time.. If it's just lyrics, forget it.

Edit:
Yo, we said da same shit, Kyle!!!

Ryan
08-14-2013, 12:45 AM
Dear album,

If you aren't a pussy you will leak right now.

Love,

ETS

VenitianScum
08-14-2013, 01:25 PM
I can't stop thinking that Copy of A is directly inspired by this movie scene

http://youtu.be/RenOUsGvS90?t=15s

hobochic
08-14-2013, 01:32 PM
Dear album,

Love,

ETS

P.S. Sorry again, Dear Album... But, if you would happen to be a pussy, you should be leaking by now.

Findus
08-14-2013, 02:06 PM
I can't stop thinking that Copy of A is directly inspired by this movie scene

The movie that comes to my mind is Multiplicity, starring Michael Keaton and Michael Keaton and Michael Keaton and Michael Keaton.

Also, this video:

http://youtu.be/mES3CHEnVyI

butter_hole
08-14-2013, 04:33 PM
Dear album,

Love,

ETS
every day i wake up to check if it's leaked, and every day so far it hasn't. that just means im a sleep closer to the final day!

Ryan
08-14-2013, 05:12 PM
Especially given that review from yesterday. It will be more like Niagara Falls than a leak. ;)

Promethean
08-14-2013, 06:47 PM
Does the guy on the cover of Copy of A look like Bowie to anyone else?

Space Suicide
08-14-2013, 07:09 PM
Just pre-ordered Hesitation marks Deluxe Edition. Bring it on.

fuckit
08-14-2013, 07:10 PM
Does the guy on the cover of Copy of A look like Bowie to anyone else?
I think he looks like a weird mixture of Bowie and fink

Amaro
08-14-2013, 10:16 PM
I've got a Hesitation Marks fever, and the only prescription is more of Hesitation Marks.

(Or is it?)

I've been rotating CoA>CBH a bit more than I originally wanted to, but I figure...what the fuck--I'm gonna play the complete shit out of the album anyway, because I'm beyond sanity at this point. (The two tracks back-to-back is just stellar, by the way, in case you're abstaining.) This makes for a twisted, painful anticipatory path till' the fine day the already-tardy bastard decides to leak this bitch.

Give it to me. I can take it.

Promethean
08-14-2013, 10:23 PM
I've got a Hesitation Marks fever, and the only prescription is more of Hesitation Marks.

(Or is it?)

I've been rotating CoA>CBH a bit more than I originally wanted to, but I figure...what the fuck--I'm gonna play the shit out of the album anyway, because I'm beyond sanity at this point. This makes for a twisted, painful anticipatory path till' the day the already-tardy bastard decides to leaks this bitch.

Word. TR slowly rolling out new songs, boffo performances and glowing reviews, NIN-ish sounds coming from pop stars, the new Sons of Anarchy trailer using NIN.....it's Trent's time to shine. As big as Eminem is, I don't envy him following NIN on the main stage at Pukkelpop either.

tw3rbz
08-15-2013, 01:10 AM
Today is my 29th birthday and I spent the better part of the night watching old NIN live shows with my wife playing a drinking game. Was lots of fun, and really just wanted to say that all I want for my birthday is a leak of Hesitation Marks. Today could be the day.

nineismine
08-15-2013, 01:13 AM
I seriously can't flapping wait any longer..... ARGHWAAAAAWAAAAAAA BAAAAAAWAAAAHAWAAAAAWAAAAAAWAAAAAAAAAAAA

jmtd
08-15-2013, 02:10 AM
Last day to leak in time for me to pick it up before my honeymoon.

eversonpoe
08-15-2013, 08:25 AM
Last day to leak in time for me to pick it up before my honeymoon.

congrats! have a good time.

tony.parente
08-15-2013, 09:11 AM
Obligatory "has it leaked yet?" post.

homphgomph
08-15-2013, 09:41 AM
Not seeing anything on what.cd, don't have a dime account to check...man, I miss demonoid.

tw3rbz
08-15-2013, 09:51 AM
There is a video on youtube saying you can download the full album but I don't trust it, I've seen several and this one looks the most legit but still doubt its true.

Zt33u3
08-15-2013, 10:03 AM
The link on youtube is total shit

Kyle
08-15-2013, 10:06 AM
Not seeing anything on what.cd, don't have a dime account to check...man, I miss demonoid.

It definitely won't be on DIME. they're pretty strict about copyrighted recordings.

tw3rbz
08-15-2013, 10:13 AM
The link on youtube is total shit
I figured, I didn't even bother.

jmtd
08-15-2013, 01:03 PM
congrats! have a good time.

Cheers! Thank you.

InvitingmeAway
08-15-2013, 01:25 PM
Preordered the deluxe edition. Really excited!! I don't understand why the Trent interview is exclusive to itunes??

BenAkenobi
08-15-2013, 01:42 PM
it was clearly stated about interview taking place on 2nd CD of "deluxe" package, no?

The Reason Being
08-15-2013, 03:07 PM
That must be one amazing interview to be featured on an official NIN album release, no?

binaryhermit
08-15-2013, 03:14 PM
Does anybody know if the digital download that comes with the deluxe CD if ordered from NIN.com is of the deluxe edition with the 2nd CD of remixes or just of the standard edition?

Kyle
08-15-2013, 03:38 PM
it was clearly stated about interview taking place on 2nd CD of "deluxe" package, no?

No. Everything I saw said iTunes only.

EndlessLoveless
08-15-2013, 04:21 PM
Does anybody know if the digital download that comes with the deluxe CD if ordered from NIN.com is of the deluxe edition with the 2nd CD of remixes or just of the standard edition?

I would imagine if you ordered the deluxe, you get the deluxe, If you ordered the standard, you get the standard. I think...

gorast
08-15-2013, 04:27 PM
I would imagine if you ordered the deluxe, you get the deluxe, If you ordered the standard, you get the standard. I think...

I asked this before and I don't think anyone was sure. We'll find out soon enough, I suppose.

In any case, I'm pretty sure those remixes won't be essential first-day listening if they're not in the deluxe download.

binaryhermit
08-15-2013, 04:58 PM
So I guess nobody knows. I hope that if/when this sucker leaks, it's the deluxe version.

InvitingmeAway
08-15-2013, 05:15 PM

Well what I have read was that the ITunes deluxe will feature the interview. While the physical copy will include a 28 page hardcover book and the 3 remixes.

brokenfragility
08-15-2013, 05:26 PM
The interview is something I care very little about having on my disc. I'm sure we'll all hear it regardless.

Ryan
08-15-2013, 05:40 PM
Gary Numan's new album Splinter (Songs From A Broken Mind) just went up for pre-order and we were only meant to get I Am Dust as an mp3, but the whole album is up. Wondering if it's intentional or not?

Either way, that album is due out on October 14 and I'm now listening to it.

Moral of the story: hurry up HM leak!

ImTheWiseJanitor
08-15-2013, 08:45 PM
Dammit ETS, stop crashing for me. My mind jumps to conclusions and assumes Hesitation Marks leaked.

Ryan
08-15-2013, 08:48 PM
Dammit ETS, stop crashing for me. My mind jumps to conclusions and assumes Hesitation Marks leaked.

Same here.

tony.parente
08-15-2013, 08:49 PM
Dammit.

this.

Scarlet Siren
08-15-2013, 08:57 PM
I keep hearing all of this talk of "minimal" with Hesitation Marks. So far with songs like Disappointed and Copy of A, these tracks sound pretty layered. Even in Came Back Haunted, I still hear a lot going on in there compared to some tracks off of With Teeth. I don't know...this could just be me though.

Ah... yeah.

ZeroisGreg
08-15-2013, 09:14 PM
Well, let's see... I've dug PHM, BRkn, Fxd, TDS, TF, TPG, CTGod, other singles, TFA, YZ, WithaT, Tslip, GHST (not exactly in this order). So, it looks like HM is gonna be skipped after listening to CBH, CopA, FMway, Disap thinking this is pretty much it. This is how the album will sound. It's always funny to me when I read comments from someone saying "hey, didn't think much of it but then I played it the 15th time and now it's growing on me" or "man, this is meh...oh wait, it will sound better somehow when it's in context"...pfffft. I don't want to be happy. I want pain, drilling guitars, heavy shit. Not drum machines and happy synth blips and cymbal ticks. (next nin album name?).:(:confused:

ComradeCornhole
08-15-2013, 09:19 PM
Okay. Doesn't it seem like the record is about as hyped as it's gonna get? Maybe a boost to be had from the CoA video, but I would think a few days after that you're getting into diminishing returns. I just can't see much point in sitting on it so long. I think in this respect Columbia is still a decade or so behind, where people still get all their info from monthly magazines and MTV. My guess is that in the age of the internet, most people who want HM already know about it and, upon release, reviews, touring and word of mouth will do the job from there. Of course, I haven't gotten any job offers to do marketing or A&R or whatever. So, the fuck do I know?

slave2thewage
08-15-2013, 09:24 PM
I want pain, drilling guitars, heavy shit.
Here's a Ministry album. Now go tell someone that cares.

Also, that crash had me refreshing hasitleaked constantly. GAH.

Kyle
08-15-2013, 09:35 PM
By TPG do you mean TPD? I'm not trying to be snarky. I'm just racking my brain trying to figure out what TPG is.

Amaro
08-15-2013, 09:43 PM
Okay. Doesn't it seem like the record is about as hyped as it's gonna get? Maybe a boost to be had from the CoA video, but I would think a few days after that you're getting into diminishing returns. I just can't see much point in sitting on it so long. I think in this respect Columbia is still a decade or so behind, where people still get all their info from monthly magazines and MTV. My guess is that in the age of the internet, most people who want HM already know about it and, upon release, reviews, touring and word of mouth will do the job from there. Of course, I haven't gotten any job offers to do marketing or A&R or whatever. So, the fuck do I know?

So...what you're really trying to say is--*why in fooking hell hasn't this fiery hot upcoming record been up for stream yet?*

gorast
08-15-2013, 09:46 PM
I wasn't worried about an HM leak because ETS's server wasn't busy, it seemed like the whole site was down, which I don't think would happen from an overload of traffic. (At least, I'm pretty sure - I don't have any idea what I'm talking about honestly)

binaryhermit
08-15-2013, 09:57 PM
*why in fooking hell hasn't this fiery hot upcoming record been up for stream yet?*
It's a little early for a stream, the album doesn't even come out for 2 and a half weeks.

Amaro
08-15-2013, 10:09 PM
It's a little early for a stream, the album doesn't even come out for 2 and a half weeks.

Actually, we're just 2 weeks away from the earliest release date in the world. So let's just move past that argument. And let's start a pool on when we think it will leak or stream, whichever you think will come first.

I say a leak will happen on Tuesday, August 27th.

ComradeCornhole
08-15-2013, 10:10 PM
I'm really saying they should just go ahead and release the summamabitch! I don't see any real benefit to holding out so long.

Ryan
08-15-2013, 10:19 PM

lol, Numan's album doesn't come out til October 14 and it was put online to download today.

NIN64
08-15-2013, 10:27 PM
I have a strong psychic belief...that the album...will leak...this weekend...

thevoid99
08-15-2013, 10:29 PM
I have a strong psychic belief...that the album...will leak...this weekend...

You'd better be right or I'm going to kick your ass.

Frozen Beach
08-15-2013, 10:37 PM
I hope when it leaks, it's watermarked with Trent occasionally screaming "FISTFUCK" every few minutes.

Kyle
08-15-2013, 10:39 PM
Actually, we're just 2 weeks away from the earliest release date in the world. So let's just move past that argument. And let's start a pool on when we think it will leak or stream, whichever you think will come first.

I say a leak will happen on Tuesday, August 27th.

Leak will definitely be first, but the stream will be so quickly thereafter that to most people who don't pay super close attention to those kind of things, it will seem like the stream is first. That's pretty much the way it is in modern music. I don't think the artists want to stream the record early, they want you to hear it the way it was meant to be heard (the date has nothing to do with the "way it was meant to be heard," just to clarify - but the experience, with the album and artwork and your stereo setup of choice, etc.). But the reality is that things almost always get leaked so the stream is a response to the leak and they have the stream all ready to go for when that time inevitably comes.

At least, that's my understanding of how it works. And now you just read it on the internet (courtesy of me) so it must be true.

AlanMorlock
08-15-2013, 10:39 PM
Not drum machines and happy synth blips and cymbal ticks. (next nin album name?).:(:confused:

And yet you claim to have liked Pretty Hate Machine?

Additionally, did you just hate tracks like La Mer?

Everything we've heard off Hesitation Marks would fit in quite well with pretty much any of the rest of NIN's albums.

What the hell about any of these songs strikes you as particularly cheerful?

Posts like this baffle me.

thefragile_jake
08-15-2013, 10:44 PM
I figured something happened with the leak today, Trent put a meme picture up on Instagram of the quote "Some People Are Cunts" next to Cat in the Hat and the ETS servers were like crazy down when I got home from work....I had dinner plans after work so I was all bummed that I was missing out on some fun!

Also, that crash had me refreshing hasitleaked constantly. GAH.

Same here!

I think the record is being hyped pretty well, I mean shit...as far as social media trends go, "Copy of A" was trending this week. That's pretty great! I think the only record this year that was truly HYPED was Daft Punk's album...and there was so much of that going on that people either got sick of it or expectations were incredibly high.

I'm sure if a video for "Everything" comes out, we'll see some more NIN talk too...

ComradeCornhole
08-15-2013, 10:51 PM
COME OOOONNNNN. I NEED THE TRACKS, MAAAAN! By this weekend would be stellar. Seriously. You've got probably a hundred thousand preorders. Cough it up, bitches.

snaapz
08-15-2013, 10:51 PM
Wow. Lot's of advertising today on several sites I go to. I know my browsing history and favourites flag me as a NIN fan... but wow. Youtube especially.

butter_hole
08-15-2013, 11:11 PM
Hesitation Marks is being distributed by Columbia. As was Welcome oblivion and the new Daft Punk album.

Both were streamed before a leak was able to happen. Something happened with the Daft Punk album where it was accidentally put up in a downloadable state, on iTunes, ahead of time, but it still was only streamed before any form of CD rip came along, as well as Welcome oblivion. Stream rips floated around but a proper CD release came later.

I doubt they're going to go the Pitchfork Advance route with Hesitation Marks because NIN is too big a name for it. They'll probably do a iTunes stream, just like Daft Punk and other bands such as Foo Fighters and the Red Hot Chili Peppers have done.

That'll probably be... August 25? I wouldn't expect anything before then.

But, the album is out in Europe and Australia on the 30th, so someone might cop a copy of it early next week, or clean label promos might start going out.

TL;DR: Wait another week you pussies.

tw3rbz
08-15-2013, 11:13 PM
Hesitation Marks is being distributed by Columbia. As was Welcome oblivion and the new Daft Punk album.

Both were streamed before a leak was able to happen. Something happened with the Daft Punk album where it was accidentally put up in a downloadable state, on iTunes, ahead of time, but it still was only streamed before any form of CD rip came along, as well as Welcome oblivion. Stream rips floated around but a proper CD release came later.

I doubt they're going to go the Pitchfork Advance route with Hesitation Marks because NIN is too big a name for it. They'll probably do a iTunes stream, just like Daft Punk and other bands such as Foo Fighters and the Red Hot Chili Peppers have done.

But, the album is out in Europe and Australia on the 30th, so someone might cop a copy of it early next week, or clean label promos might start going out.

But I don't wanna! D:

Kyle
08-15-2013, 11:17 PM

You learn something new everyday. I thought the HTDA stream was in response to a leak. Either way, if leaks weren't so common place, I still don't think it would have happened.

Kyle
08-15-2013, 11:18 PM
Also if it's being released in other countries on the 30th, then it will definitely be on the internet before Made in America, so there's still the chance of an extra song or two making it's way into the setlist. I won't be expecting it, but I won't be completely shocked if it happens either.

Amaro
08-15-2013, 11:23 PM

In the words of Dennis Reynolds--I can jump on board with that!

binaryhermit
08-15-2013, 11:25 PM
I'd expect the stream to go up either the 20th or more likely the 27th.
EDIT: Unless it leaks first, in which case it'll go up almost immediately after the leak. Though it seems many leaks are actually just stream rips these days.

Kyle
08-15-2013, 11:31 PM
Well, I for one, keep checking every time I go into a store that sells CDs. Unlikely, but worth the look. Of course, if I found it, I wouldn't want to be known as the guy who leaked it, so I would just taunt you with it....

Ryan
08-15-2013, 11:51 PM
Of course, if I found it, I wouldn't want to be known as the guy who leaked it

Why not? I would!

Kyle
08-16-2013, 12:32 AM
Why not? I would!

Two reasons.
1. I get the strong feeling that Trent would rather the album not be leaked and have people experience it with the CD, artwork, etc. And since I have a lot of respect for the man, I'd rather not go against his wishes with his work.
2. While it's rare, it's not completely impossible that if the RIAA wants to make a case of something, the guy who initially uploaded something is the guy who gets in the shitton of trouble. Very rare and unlikely to be sure, but still not worth the risk if I already have the CD anyway and you don't.

None of that is worth the fleeting thrill of internet fame.

nineismine
08-16-2013, 12:38 AM
I hope when it leaks, it's watermarked with Trent occasionally screaming "FISTFUCK" every few minutes.

If it isn't im kicking trents ass!!!

simonn
08-16-2013, 01:05 AM
I think the only record this year that was truly HYPED was Daft Punk's album...and there was so much of that going on that people either got sick of it or expectations were incredibly high.

I'd say QOTSA's album was pretty hyped too with all the videos etc beforehand, lots of song snippets around prior to the album coming out, televised live performances of a third of the album prior to release.

I personally see the video being for Copy of A, as it's just been released as a single, but then I don't really understand singles these days! I want b-sides too!!

JessicaSarahS
08-16-2013, 01:39 AM
You learn something new everyday. I thought the HTDA stream was in response to a leak. Either way, if leaks weren't so common place, I still don't think it would have happened.

Yeah, I thought it was leaked too, then the streams came after.

danebraddy
08-16-2013, 02:11 AM
... BRkn, Fxd,CTGod ... WithaT, Tslip, GHST ... CopA, FMway, Disap

Whoever taught you how to abbreviate things should apologise to everyone here.

Go get them. We'll wait.

Wretchedest
08-16-2013, 02:36 AM
You all suck.

I had manage to forget that this was coming out soon. I totally thought it was too far to worry about.

With all this leak begging... now I'm checking for it constantly and hoping it comes out before my coming road trip.

My serenity has been disrupted.

Ryan
08-16-2013, 02:40 AM
We offer our sincere apologies and wish you a happy listening experience when it does take a leak. :)

Kyle
08-16-2013, 02:43 AM
Serenity now!

(pretend that was written in all caps since apparently ETS auto corrects shouting)

myrdd79
08-16-2013, 03:10 AM
I'm just a copy of a puppy I like coffee...

This gets stuck in my head :(

Wolfkiller
08-16-2013, 04:03 AM
Good to know I wasn't the only maniac checking hasitleaked after the site downage.

laci
08-16-2013, 04:31 AM
I have just found out that Hesitation Marks will be released in Europe by Universal Music.
I contacted Sony Music Hungary and I was told that Sony won't release any NIN materieal in Europe as UM will do it. WTF?
They also sent me a Deezer link of CBH where Universal is listed as the label: http://www.deezer.com/hu/album/6658906

Have any of you already known about this? After all the complaining in 2007... Unexpected.

scotty79
08-16-2013, 05:33 AM

This gets stuck in my head :(

This is now stuck in my head, thanks

EndlessLoveless
08-16-2013, 07:05 AM
Well, let's see... I've dug PHM, BRkn, Fxd, TDS, TF, TPG, CTGod, other singles, TFA, YZ, WithaT, Tslip, GHST (not exactly in this order). So, it looks like HM is gonna be skipped after listening to CBH, CopA, FMway, Disap thinking this is pretty much it. This is how the album will sound. It's always funny to me when I read comments from someone saying "hey, didn't think much of it but then I played it the 15th time and now it's growing on me" or "man, this is meh...oh wait, it will sound better somehow when it's in context"...pfffft. I don't want to be happy. I want pain, drilling guitars, heavy shit. Not drum machines and happy synth blips and cymbal ticks. (next nin album name?).:(:confused:

Well that sucks for you. Where are the drilling guitars on PHM? The chorus of head like a hole and maybe one of two more at most. So far we have it on CBH, and I love that distinctive nin guitar used in it. Belew and Buckingham both play guitar, so there must be some somewhere. I didnt like the fragile right at first and it took about 2 weeks to sink in. I wanted TDS part 2 and it was no where near that. But now TF is my favorite album, by far. "NIN isnt who it used to be" But i agree, yes you should stop listening, now.

Indefinite_Cure
08-16-2013, 07:16 AM
Typical NIN fan reaction. Hears 2 studio tracks and 2 live tracks out of 14, dismisses the album entirely.

I can't wait to hear it in its entirety. So far, I must say Copy of A is stuck in my head more than Came Back Haunted was.

my voice just
08-16-2013, 07:37 AM

and i can`t stop myself from keep hearing:

Why all the change of heart? You need a pa-per

go listen, it`s just there

dtuck90
08-16-2013, 09:03 AM
has anyone tried to cancel their order with the official store?

I've sent a couple of emails with no reply but I'd rather get it from Amazon to avoid customs charges

InvitingmeAway
08-16-2013, 09:09 AM
Typical NIN fan reaction. Hears 2 studio tracks and 2 live tracks out of 14, dismisses the album entirely.

I can't wait to hear it in its entirety. So far, I must say Copy of A is stuck in my head more than Came Back Haunted was.

I really don't understand how some people are having a negative reaction to these songs. How long have they been NIN fans? Cause this style has always been a part of his music since PHM!

nineismine
08-16-2013, 09:37 AM

Almost every one of those albums are filled with drum machines are synths..... errrrp a derp?

Khrz
08-16-2013, 09:49 AM
Yeah it does sound like an incredible lack of foresight here. From The downward spiral onward, each album has been less and less focused on picking the scabs, to paraphrase a recurring theme... So, complaining in 2013 that there's not enough pain in Reznor's creations sounds sooo 2005... Not to mention that from the get go, NIN has been heavily influenced by the whole 80ies electronic scene. In a time when it circles back in trend, it's only natural that NIN gets back to its roots. The more music Reznor does, the more apparent it is that The Downward Spiral was just a slight detour in heavy/tortured material.

Khrz
08-16-2013, 09:51 AM
I really don't understand how some people are having a negative reaction to these songs. How long have they been NIN fans? Cause this style has always been a part of his music since PHM!

On the other hand, you just have to be a fan since 21 years/1992 to shake your head at the bleepbloop direction things have taken. You start with broken and go on with TDS, discard PHM because it's not your thing and voilą...

homphgomph
08-16-2013, 09:59 AM

Well that's definitely a thing you said right there. Don't really know WHY you decided to share this with us, but thanks for the input!

But add me to the list of people who were content with waiting until they started reading all the leak-theories and is now checking everywhere whenever they can.

Amaro
08-16-2013, 10:00 AM
and i can`t stop myself from keep hearing:

Why all the change of heart? You need a pa-per

go listen, it`s just there

haha Good one. I couldn't help but focus on that line a lot more lately...because its sound.

Though I knew better, I was hearing "You need to play your pun."

BenAkenobi
08-16-2013, 10:16 AM
I have just found out that Hesitation Marks will be released in Europe by Universal Music.
I contacted Sony Music Hungary and I was told that Sony won't release any NIN materieal in Europe as UM will do it. WTF?
They also sent me a Deezer link of CBH where Universal is listed as the label: http://www.deezer.com/hu/album/6658906

Have any of you already known about this? After all the complaining in 2007... Unexpected.

how have you worded your question? i haven't got any response regarding russian release whatsoever :(

The Reason Being
08-16-2013, 10:17 AM
The more I check this thread
The more I die

Ripe(withdecay)
08-16-2013, 10:40 AM
I finally preordered this yesterday at my local music store. Copy of A is pretty damn good, better than Came Back Haunted. I'm super stoked for this album!

tony.parente
08-16-2013, 11:36 AM
I think t-rez only leaked the stuff out that he did on previous albums because he was so frustrated with Interscope. I guess Columbia hasn't had a chance to screw him over yet.

The Reason Being
08-16-2013, 11:56 AM
I imagine it probably requires a lot of restraint on TR's part to not give us anything new at this point. Usually when it comes to new NIN projects he can't shut himself up. For some reason he seems to be actively not giving anything at all away, and I bet that after having an all new NIN record finished for quite some time, its pretty tough not to just go "okay fine, here you go!".

nineismine
08-16-2013, 12:06 PM
i think t-rez only leaked the stuff out that he did on previous albums because he was so frustrated with interscope. I guess columbia hasn't had a chance to screw him over yet.

well fuck columbia will you hurry up!!!!!!

WorzelG
08-16-2013, 12:06 PM
It looked to me like @shynola on Twitter were doing some NIN video - not definite though. They seem to be doing a lot of things for the uk now, doing Scala, Reading / Leeds in a week, Ireland, maybe a single / video will coincide with that?

Bachy
08-16-2013, 12:35 PM
It looked to me like @shynola on Twitter were doing some NIN video - not definite though. They seem to be doing a lot of things for the uk now, doing Scala, Reading / Leeds in a week, Ireland, maybe a single / video will coincide with that?

Good call. They tweeted on August 6th that they would be shooting a new video the following day for someone they've worked with before. On the 8th, NIN posted that still from "We're In This Together" which Trent then commented on referring to the video he just shot the previous day.

Here's the image I assume you were referring to:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BRYF9CNCUAAi59J.jpg

They tweeted it, saying cryptically, "Everything will be revealed soon..."

Could be a safe bet that they're producing the new video.

brokenfragility
08-16-2013, 12:45 PM
I think t-rez only leaked the stuff out that he did on previous albums because he was so frustrated with Interscope. I guess Columbia hasn't had a chance to screw him over yet.

I was thinking today....the HTDA album never leaked (although it was on pitchfork advance) and it was on Colombia as well....maybe Colombia is really really good at preventing leaks.

tony.parente
08-16-2013, 12:49 PM
I was thinking today....the HTDA album never leaked (although it was on pitchfork advance) and it was on Colombia as well....maybe Colombia is really really good at preventing leaks.

Part of me hopes it doesn't leak in a way. I mean the feeling of getting an album via preorder a few days early in advance of the release date and franticly putting it in your computer/cd player/car or whatever and listening to the first time knowing it's not available online yet is a feeling that cannot be beaten.

Scarlet Siren
08-16-2013, 12:55 PM
Was just tagged in this photo...

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/17/uretu3us.jpg

GFGohmann
08-16-2013, 01:09 PM
Yeah – I was thinking that Columbia is good at preventing leaks. Did Daft Punk 'RAM' leak?... I don't think it did until day before it's release. They are with Columbia now as well.

broevol
08-16-2013, 01:14 PM
Yeah, but didn't they do a "streaming" listen now thing a couple weeks out?...and so did QOTSA. So maybe we will get that too?

tony.parente
08-16-2013, 01:21 PM

someonegrabadiskanduploadsomeonegrabadiskandupload someonegrabadiskanduploadsomeonegrabadiskandupload someonegrabadiskanduploadsomeonegrabadiskandupload someonegrabadiskanduploadsomeonegrabadiskandupload someonegrabadiskanduploadsomeonegrabadiskandupload someonegrabadiskanduploadsomeonegrabadiskandupload someonegrabadiskanduploadsomeonegrabadiskandupload someonegrabadiskanduploadsomeonegrabadiskandupload someonegrabadiskanduploadsomeonegrabadiskandupload someonegrabadiskandupload

Shadaloo
08-16-2013, 01:21 PM

Great now my hand is bleeding from trying to punch through the screen and grab one. Thanks. :(

EndlessLoveless
08-16-2013, 01:49 PM
God I love that old TDS font. Seeing it on an actual CD case... Reminds me of the good old days. Cannot wait to get this shit and jam the fuck out of it.

thefragile_jake
08-16-2013, 01:56 PM

http://media.tumblr.com/edf17cefbb4d1ceaa12d2fc22374086a/tumblr_inline_ml0vqfTpwx1qz4rgp.gif

theSplinter04
08-16-2013, 01:58 PM
I'm F5ing this thread so hard right now

slave2thewage
08-16-2013, 02:03 PM
When that picture showed up, I had an urge to lick the screen.

ZeroSum
08-16-2013, 02:05 PM
sweet jesus

broevol
08-16-2013, 02:06 PM
Spongebob is keeping rhythm with COA. I'm being hypnotyzied.

homphgomph
08-16-2013, 02:06 PM
I'm already developing theories in my head...was it a friend who works at some retail place who got them? Will they grab one and upload it? CAN WE GET A LEAK BY TONIGHT????

OSLIN
08-16-2013, 02:07 PM
IT HAS BEGUN! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrQ2pKMwQC4)

ZeroSum
08-16-2013, 02:08 PM
No its probably going to leak on monday morning, when I will have to be away from the internet for about five fucking days.

Amaro
08-16-2013, 02:10 PM
No its probably going to leak on monday morning, when I will have to be away from the internet for about five fucking days.

As I offered to the honeymooner some days back, I can mail you a burnt CD of it if it surfaces next week. You want next-day AIR mail?

ZeroSum
08-16-2013, 02:13 PM
As I offered to the honeymooner some days back, I can mail you a burnt CD of it if it surfaces next week. You want next-day AIR mail?

I will PM you with details if it looks like that's gonna be the case. You're a fucking boss.

homphgomph
08-16-2013, 02:14 PM

NIN fans are the best fans

InvitingmeAway
08-16-2013, 02:20 PM
That photo gave me an anxiety attack!!! Need new album now!!!!!!

jesus
08-16-2013, 02:25 PM

mother of god!

brokenfragility
08-16-2013, 02:29 PM

fapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfap

really guys, someone needs to go to wherever that is and break in james bond style.

icklekitty
08-16-2013, 02:29 PM
Seeing that case "in the flesh" is pornographic enough for me. I can wait.

screwdriver
08-16-2013, 02:37 PM
NIN fans are the best fans

Truth!

...except when they're the worst:

;)

Scarlet Siren
08-16-2013, 03:18 PM

Ok... So, I just looked at my friend's page and she's currently in Nashville and just visited The United Records Pressing plant! It makes sense now...

OMFG.... GUYS! :o

She didn't tag anyone else. it's bloody nice to have been thought of! Haha!

OSLIN
08-16-2013, 03:20 PM
Ok... So, I just looked at my friend's page and she's currently in Nashville and just visited The United Records Pressing plant! It makes sense now...

What would it take for her to swipe one?

tony.parente
08-16-2013, 03:33 PM
What would it take for her to swipe one?

A true friend would have crotched one and waddled herself on out that bitch with a few copies.

OSLIN
08-16-2013, 03:35 PM
A true friend would have crotched one and waddled herself on out that bitch with a few copies.

Shoot, I would have squeezed my cheeks and got out of there with at least one.

brokenfragility
08-16-2013, 03:39 PM
Nashville isn't far from me. Queue mission impossible music. Here I go *leaves*

thelordoflard
08-16-2013, 03:40 PM

She didn't tag anyone else. it's bloody nice to have been thought of! Haha!

Hopefully Nashville NIN fans have seen this and are currently planning to break an entering ;)

...and in response to the photo.... *ningasm* oh god yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, I love you and hate you for posting this

jesus
08-16-2013, 03:40 PM
that's the standart edition?

OSLIN
08-16-2013, 03:44 PM
Nashville isn't far from me. Queue mission impossible music. Here I go *leaves*

Godspeed good buddy!

pigpen
08-16-2013, 03:51 PM
Does anyone know how to get semen out of a laptop's keyboard?

Ugh, hurry the fuck up and leak already!!!

ManOfAtom
08-16-2013, 04:01 PM
that's the standart edition?

That'll be the LP.

eversonpoe
08-16-2013, 04:28 PM
God I love that old TDS font. Seeing it on an actual CD case... Reminds me of the good old days. Cannot wait to get this shit and jam the fuck out of it.

those are definitely the vinyl copies.

Ok... So, I just looked at my friend's page and she's currently in Nashville and just visited The United Records Pressing plant! It makes sense now..

that's where i got my 7" pressed! they're great. i have the utmost faith that these are going to sound fantastic.

Volk
08-16-2013, 04:55 PM
Now that physical media is "in the wild" like that, it should only be a matter of time... since I've preordered the vinyl, and the deluxe, I won't have any 2nd thoughts about snagging the leak.

Scarlet Siren
08-16-2013, 04:57 PM
those are definitely the vinyl copies.

that's where i got my 7" pressed! they're great. i have the utmost faith that these are going to sound fantastic.

That's cool! (I do love me some vinyl!) I've heard nothing but the greatest things about URP, I was supposed to take a fortnight vacation to visit Nashville (and New Orleans) at the end of October, visitng URP was on the list of things to do. But my plans fell through. Oh well, next year.

EndlessLoveless
08-16-2013, 05:17 PM
That's cool! (I do love me some vinyl!) I've heard nothing but the greatest things about URP, I was supposed to take a fortnight vacation to visit Nashville (and New Orleans) at the end of October, visitng URP was on the list of things to do. But my plans fell through. Oh well, next year.

Def not the vinyl. The vinyl has the blueish cover with the pictures. And you can see the CD in it. Its the standard.

Craig W. Chenery
08-16-2013, 05:27 PM
It's definitely the vinyl. The album title is about halfway down the spine. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/17/nine-inch-nails-hesitation-marks-album-covers-russell-mills_n_3611623.html

It's the only cover with that type of mark on it. The photo isn't the full spine. Only about half of it.

Blackbookpress1984
08-16-2013, 05:31 PM
fight!! fight!! fight!!!

imail724
08-16-2013, 05:32 PM
Aside from the fact that the poster said the pic is from a vinyl plant, you can see here that it is the vinyl:
http://i.imgur.com/1HwslL9.jpg?1

EndlessLoveless
08-16-2013, 05:36 PM
You're right. I was looking at the ones not facing and it looks like a CD in there all translucent. My bad

tony.parente
08-16-2013, 05:55 PM
http://stylealchemy.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/shade.gif

slave2thewage
08-16-2013, 05:57 PM
Latrice Royale should definitely be in an upcoming NIN video.

The Reason Being
08-16-2013, 06:03 PM
I've had a shitty week and it would make for a perfect weekend if this did leak.

thefragile_jake
08-16-2013, 06:45 PM
I've had a shitty week and it would make for a perfect weekend if this did leak.

Quoted for 100% truth!

Amaro
08-16-2013, 06:49 PM
I'll have the vinyl rip, with a side of nothing else. Thank you.

The Reason Being
08-16-2013, 06:56 PM
I'll have the vinyl rip, with a side of nothing else. Thank you.

Would you like some remixes with that?

Amaro
08-16-2013, 07:17 PM
Would you like some remixes with that?

No, thank you. I'll some coffee though, please.

Scarlet Siren
08-16-2013, 07:32 PM
Def not the vinyl. The vinyl has the blueish cover with the pictures. And you can see the CD in it. Its the standard.

definitely IS the vinyl, trust me on this one buddy ;)

brokenfragility
08-16-2013, 07:35 PM
I need it. So bad.

EndlessLoveless
08-16-2013, 08:22 PM
definitely IS the vinyl, trust me on this one buddy ;)

Already clarified, but thanks 'buddy'.

tony.parente
08-16-2013, 08:25 PM
No, thank you. I'll some coffee though, please.
At this point i'll take a walkie talkie rip of a radio transmission being played from a cassette.

Just gimmie.

binaryhermit
08-16-2013, 08:31 PM
I've said this before, but...
Patience, young grasshoppers. This will leak when this will leak. And if it doesn't leak, it's not the end of the world.

screwdriver
08-16-2013, 08:38 PM
I need it. So bad.

I take it the mission was in fact impossible?

by the way, I have no idea how serious your earlier post about going was, but I've thought about it all afternoon and it made me smile -- so cheers to you :-)

brokenfragility
08-16-2013, 08:45 PM
I take it the mission was in fact impossible?

It was impossible before it started, I am horribly broke. In fact, I spent almost the last 20 dollars in my bank account on pre-ordering Hesitation Marks. So its Trent's fault really. I totally would have gone. I did put the mission impossible music on spotify and stealthed out my front door to my car, but that's about when all my dreams were shattered.

EndlessLoveless
08-16-2013, 08:48 PM
I bet it leaks before Monday. But I refuse to listen. I remember listening to year zero on that shitty mix from the listening party and it made capitol g sound really really bassy and then I heard the official version and it was flat compared to what I was used to at that point. Still an awesome song, but different to what I expected. And I need the artwork and the whole package, all three of them, in my hands.

Maybe I'll listen to just a few mins....

skip niklas
08-16-2013, 09:01 PM
Come out, come out, wherever you aaaarrrrreeeee.......

tony.parente
08-16-2013, 09:05 PM
Trent either smiles from ear to ear when he comes here, or massively face palms us all.

brokenfragility
08-16-2013, 09:07 PM
Trent either smiles from ear to ear when he comes here, or massively face palms us all.

Honestly, its probably the latter.

richardp
08-16-2013, 09:09 PM
Quoted for 100% truth!
You, Kid, and I should leak a fake and when everyone opens it up it's just the new Industrial Coldplay album.

Amaro
08-16-2013, 09:25 PM
I bet it leaks before Monday. But I refuse to listen. I remember listening to year zero on that shitty mix from the listening party and it made capitol g sound really really bassy and then I heard the official version and it was flat compared to what I was used to at that point. Still an awesome song, but different to what I expected. And I need the artwork and the whole package, all three of them, in my hands.

Maybe I'll listen to just a few mins....

If the songs are that good (of those that may be more "out there" as opposed to more ambient), the point will get across even in "just listenable" quality. (Listen to Sunspots or Ruiner all compressed-like...you know what's coming out of there, fucking gold, still beating countless songs by other artists in high quality audio.) I don't care if that warrants flack or is disrespectful to Trent for being that strung out for any kind of leak at this point (within reason...even though I can't recall the last time I heard a leak so bad in quality, or had an option to). While he's a true layering god, the man is also a uniquely strong songwriter, and it's coming through again already on this halo. I heard Copy of A basically kinda muddy for the first time, from somebody's live audio capture from Fuji. I knew right then this was a track I wanted to continue on... What a trip!

Some people have their completely personal rituals with their favorite band's new music, and I respect that wholeheartedly. The truth is...I personally feel I end up in the same vital place...in my vicinity is the packaging, the booklet in hand, ripped plastic wrapper just kinda there. Eventually I get there, if it's not the first exposure by chance. But I'd have to say I do my "best listening" in the dark on my back in bed...sometimes on my side in the fetal like a big baby (usually with a body pillow in between my legs for good back support).

My ears haven't had the displeasure with Capital G in a long, long time. ha ha ha ha

Edit: CoA very ending dubbed vocals going into the dubbed intro vocals of CBH--aware of if every time. I hear them as the "copies." *shrug*

GavinCollins420
08-16-2013, 11:17 PM

Holy facken shit.

ZeroisGreg
08-17-2013, 12:06 AM
I think one thing that pulled me into being interested in this album is the art. If I can't dig the music, at least the art can serve a purpose for me.:)

nineismine
08-17-2013, 12:28 AM
if they use any synths, or drum machines im going to be PISSED

BenAkenobi
08-17-2013, 12:38 AM
well, according to Came back haunted "I got something you have to SEE". Not HEAR, but SEE. makes sense, right?

p.s. this is solely to 2 above commenters

Kyle
08-17-2013, 12:38 AM

It better be all acapella.

gorast
08-17-2013, 12:40 AM

Man, it's almost like you're saying "if Trent Reznor is involved in this album in any way, shape, or form I'm going to be PISSED"

You're in the wrong forum, buddy.

fuckit
08-17-2013, 12:52 AM
Pretty sure he was being sarcastic

thefragile_jake
08-17-2013, 01:07 AM
You, Kid, and I should leak a fake and when everyone opens it up it's just the new Industrial Coldplay album.

This idea sounds incredible...lets get to it.

eversonpoe
08-17-2013, 08:42 AM
Man, it's almost like you're saying "if Trent Reznor is involved in this album in any way, shape, or form I'm going to be PISSED"

You're in the wrong forum, buddy.

i believe nineismine was making fun of another poster who claimed to like pretty much everything else NIN-related (and described what he liked about those albums) but has already been bashing the UPCOMING album (which we already know shares some musical similarities to past albums).

ItsJustDave
08-17-2013, 08:49 AM
i believe nineismine was making fun of another poster who claimed to like pretty much everything else NIN-related (and described what he liked about those albums) but has already been bashing the UPCOMING album (which we already know shares some musical similarities to past albums).

In other words, one of the members of the "GET OFF MY LAWN!" choral ensemble

ZeroisGreg
08-17-2013, 09:04 AM
Man, you people get all weird so easily. I posted an honest statement and you try to over analyze and read between the lines and crap. There's no sarcasm. Plain and simple - I like the art for HM and that's it. You gots to chill.

slave2thewage
08-17-2013, 09:04 AM
EVERYTHING SHOULD SOUND LIKE "BROKEN".

*throws table over*

ZeroisGreg
08-17-2013, 09:21 AM
EVERYTHING SHOULD SOUND LIKE "BROKEN".

*throws table over*
I had a guinea pig named nougat once...

Blackbookpress1984
08-17-2013, 09:52 AM
ok (cracks knuckles) somewhere in here, someone posted a picture of the HM past eup at on a billboard on a corner in Chicago, and then gave the intersection. WHERE IS IT!! I THOUGHT I REMEMBER SOMEONE SAYING IT WAS ON ELSTON AND SOMETHING.

Why do I ask? I plan to put it in my living room. any help is appreciated in finding the location.

binaryhermit
08-17-2013, 10:00 AM
I know I've been preaching patience, but a premature release happening today would be a nice birthday present for me. But if it doesn't happen I'll live with it.

gorast
08-17-2013, 10:05 AM
Two and a half weeks out, with the only evidence of physical copy manufacturing being the vinyl? Nah. I'd say next weekend at the earliest.

Amaro
08-17-2013, 10:18 AM
ok (cracks knuckles) somewhere in here, someone posted a picture of the HM past eup at on a billboard on a corner in Chicago, and then gave the intersection. WHERE IS IT!! I THOUGHT I REMEMBER SOMEONE SAYING IT WAS ON ELSTON AND SOMETHING.

Why do I ask? I plan to put it in my living room. any help is appreciated in finding the location.

Backtrack the last 10-20 pages in the NIN Spotting thread.

cashpiles (closed)
08-17-2013, 11:02 AM
3 more days...

EndlessLoveless
08-17-2013, 11:06 AM

I've seen two of them, the standard and the vinyl, like 7 feet tall. Both on north Ave and one at long and one at menard pretty close to each other. Now, that's a really shitty area and I won't say why I was there, but regardless, they are still in good condition up until a few days ago. I took a good look one day and they are 4 seperate pieces, put together so they might be hard to grab. And they look glued to plywood. Good luck.

thefragile_jake
08-17-2013, 11:08 AM
Man, I keep checking every day to see if anything has leaked! I keep telling myself that I should just wait and experience it when my deluxe edition comes in mail September 3rd...but I'm sure I won't be able to help myself and I'll want to join in here for all the excitement. :)

Amaro
08-17-2013, 11:16 AM
Man, I keep checking every day to see if anything has leaked! I keep telling myself that I should just wait and experience it when my deluxe edition comes in mail September 3rd...but I'm sure I won't be able to help myself and I'll want to join in here for all the excitement. :)

That's if it comes to you by Sep. 3rd... Either way, you'll be listening to this album before then, I'm fairly certain of it. :0)

If I was a day away from knowing my DE was arriving, and there was a leak out the present day... Well, I don't need to finish that sentence. I'd be cutting myself off in whatever I would be doing the moment I get my notification it's leaked. I'd be washing the dishes, or washing my ass in the shower, talking to grandma about her garden or orange trees, and I'd be at my computer in the following 10 seconds.

Grandma, I have to take a big shit!

FULLMETAL
08-17-2013, 11:21 AM
Looking back at Bowie's release, it was streaming on iTunes 12 days before the street date. In this case, I'd think HM would go up after the Scala show.

Indefinite_Cure
08-17-2013, 11:29 AM
Looking back at Bowie's release, it was streaming on iTunes 12 days before the street date. In this case, I'd think HM would go up after the Scala show.
Reinforcing my earlier statement from a few days ago about the scala show seeing the album premiered in some fashion. Why else would it have been announced this late, wit tickets giveaway and such an intriguing venue?

Kyle
08-17-2013, 12:00 PM
3 more days...

??
until what?

binaryhermit
08-17-2013, 12:01 PM
??
until what?
The Scala show maybe? Who knows.

Mutilated
08-17-2013, 12:08 PM
I can say categorically that I will not listen to mp3 leak, that's for sure. My preference would be to wait til Aug 30 when its released in Ireland and walk int Tower Records, pick up the deluxe edition, walk up to the cash desk, pay for it, have it handed back to me in a yellow Tower bag. Make my way back home. Put on headphones. Bliss out.

(I actually quite like the deluxe edition packaging - assuming it will be the same as Delta Machine)

InvitingmeAway
08-17-2013, 12:08 PM
3 more days until 15 more days of waiting

imail724
08-17-2013, 12:52 PM
3 more days until 15 more days of waiting

Or 4 more days until 2 more weeks

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

binaryhermit
08-17-2013, 12:53 PM
Except it's only 17 days until it comes out.

InvitingmeAway
08-17-2013, 12:56 PM
Sorry, I mean 14. Take 3 away from 17

Amaro
08-17-2013, 12:57 PM
2 weeks exactly till the first release date. That's 14 days, hermit the frog. The Irish know how to party, so you know they are more than capable of taking a leak.

carpenoctem
08-17-2013, 01:00 PM
2 weeks exactly till the first release date. That's 14 days, hermit the frog. The Irish know how to party, so you know they are more than capable of taking a leak.

I don't know why this made me lol but I felt like I needed to read this

Deepvoid
08-17-2013, 01:04 PM
well, according to Came back haunted "I got something you have to SEE". Not HEAR, but SEE. makes sense, right?

p.s. this is solely to 2 above commenters

I keep hearing "I got something you have two sheep". It's killing me.

Vertigo
08-17-2013, 01:05 PM
Except it's only 17 days until it comes out.

17 days?!

https://thedoorisajar.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/hudson.jpg

We ain't gonna last 17 hours!

Amaro
08-17-2013, 01:06 PM
I don't know why this made me lol but I felt like I needed to read this

hahaha

@binaryhermit (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=2808) Sorry that that probably came out wrong. I know you know 14 days = 2 weeks. Just was responding to you.

MrSlfDstruct
08-17-2013, 03:00 PM
I can't believe it's been almost two and a half months since this was announced. While the wait is agonizing, two singles and the streaming shows have made it pretty bearable.

Bad Wolf
08-17-2013, 04:50 PM

There's one just north of the Halsted/Lincoln/Fullerton intersection on Halsted but someone tried to rip it down and failed miserably. There's a big chunk taken out of the corner. NIN logo is still intact though.

eversonpoe
08-17-2013, 05:55 PM

sent you a PM, too, but you're remembering my spotting at lincoln & montrose.

PhoenixML
08-17-2013, 10:17 PM
I can't believe it's been almost two and a half months since this was announced. While the wait is agonizing, two singles and the streaming shows have made it pretty bearable.

True. June and July felt excruciatingly long.

interface2x
08-17-2013, 11:35 PM

I haven't read any other threads about this so this may have been mentioned already, but ... there was a poster up on the brick wall of the alley right next to the Metro when I was waiting in line for a show on August 4th. Can't say if it's still there or not.

Blackbookpress1984
08-17-2013, 11:45 PM
well. here are something I learned tonight:

1: north an long is not a place I want to go again. The poster was beautiful, but i saw 6 cop cars in 5 minutes and i thought i was going to die, so i had to leave. The poster was a four panel, huge poster and it and the backing were peeling majorly on all four courners, had i been able to get out of the car and not turn my back, I could have easily gotten it.

2: the poster at lincoln and montrose is also large but only 2 panesls but still about the same siaze as the previous. however, i tried to start peeling and quickly realized all i was going to do was destroy the thing so i left.

3: also found a new 3rd variant poster on grace and wester at the 7-11 by grace st. tap (i think thats the name of the bar)

anyhow, I have a strong desitre to back to north and long tomorrow morning when the gang bangers are asleep, but that probably wont happen.

anyhow.

things i learned.

ataxia
08-17-2013, 11:51 PM
come on this needs to leeeaaaak. Copy Of A is too good.

sgtkabukisbukaki
08-17-2013, 11:53 PM
Some guy did a youtube lyric video for CBH, and his captions were, "Came back home dead". CAME BACK HOME DEAD. wtf.

BenAkenobi
08-18-2013, 12:13 AM

anyhow.

things i learned.

and no pictures of your adventures?

EndlessLoveless
08-18-2013, 12:49 AM

1: north an long is not a place I want to go again. The poster was beautiful, but i saw 6 cop cars in 5 minutes and i thought i was going to die, so i had to leave. The poster was a four panel, huge poster and it and the backing were peeling majorly on all four courners, had i been able to get out of the car and not turn my back, I could have easily gotten it.

2: the poster at lincoln and montrose is also large but only 2 panesls but still about the same siaze as the previous. however, i tried to start peeling and quickly realized all i was going to do was destroy the thing so i left.

3: also found a new 3rd variant poster on grace and wester at the 7-11 by grace st. tap (i think thats the name of the bar)

anyhow, I have a strong desitre to back to north and long tomorrow morning when the gang bangers are asleep, but that probably wont happen.

anyhow.

things i learned.

Fuck dude my bad. Yeah its a really shitty area. And it looks like the posters are glued. But I should have stressed how bad it is over there. Def don't go at night.

skip niklas
08-18-2013, 01:39 AM
Anyone know if the Deluxe Edition will be sold in stores?

piggy
08-18-2013, 01:48 AM
I don't see why not. Columbia would be shooting themselves in the foot if they didn't.

butter_hole
08-18-2013, 02:12 AM
Anyone know if the Deluxe Edition will be sold in stores?
yes (http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/music/alternative/hesitation-marks-deluxe-edition-bonus-mp3/689709) it will be

butter_hole
08-18-2013, 02:25 AM
not sure if this is news or not but the iTunes listing for the album now states the interview is:

http://i.imgur.com/bB3qjZl.png

41:58 long

jesus
08-18-2013, 02:35 AM
not sure if this is news or not but the iTunes listing for the album now states the interview is:

http://i.imgur.com/bB3qjZl.png

41:58 long
That is new, I wonder why they extended the length, and by the way I pre-order the deluxe and still I cant understan why to add a second disc with just 3 tracks, and nothing else

GavinCollins420
08-18-2013, 02:44 AM
That is new, I wonder why they extended the length, and by the way I pre-order the deluxe and still I cant understan why to add a second disc with just 3 tracks, and nothing else

Probably the same reason Broken had Suck and Physical on a seperate disc/as hidden tracks.
To 'distance them' from the rest of the album.

butter_hole
08-18-2013, 02:51 AM
Probably the same reason Broken had Suck and Physical on a seperate disc/as hidden tracks.
To 'distance them' from the rest of the album.
and its probably longer than 74 minutes, so they have to split it up anyway

[Shep]
08-18-2013, 03:28 AM
Some guy did a youtube lyric video for CBH, and his captions were, "Came back home dead". CAME BACK HOME DEAD. wtf.

HO HO HOME DEAD

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

pigpen
08-18-2013, 05:41 AM
So, instead of coming in here thinking maybe HM leaked, I've just been looking at how many pages this thread is,
because at the moment it's at 58, but as soon as a leak is confirmed, this thing is going to jump to 85 in NO TIME..

It sucks waiting to hear the new album, but at the same time, it's sooo awesome that there's a whole album of
material out there that we haven't heard yet just fucking with us constantly!
FUCK YEAH!!!

Emil Dorbell
08-18-2013, 07:26 AM

I bet. That's why avoiding all the streams is such a damn pain. Well, only a week and a few days until I see the show! And then I'll have like, what, five or six streams to enjoy afterwards...? That's pretty cool. Anyway, the album is only 12 days away and a leak should be up just any day now.

Blackbookpress1984
08-18-2013, 07:59 AM
Fuck dude my bad. Yeah its a really shitty area. And it looks like the posters are glued. But I should have stressed how bad it is over there. Def don't go at night.

Its all good. You did say it was a bad area I just though if try. And no. No pics. I left my phone and wallet in my glovebox in case I got mugged or arrested.

kercyx
08-18-2013, 08:09 AM
Here is a little something I've done this morning
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9vi3ik3p198pirx/Copy%20of%20A%20Memorabilia.mp3

The Reason Being
08-18-2013, 08:13 AM
Shynola said on twitter they aren't doing the NIN vid.. :(

filmfanb
08-18-2013, 08:16 AM
calling bullshit on that
no way they would do something with grooverider

The Reason Being
08-18-2013, 08:22 AM
Yeah, a small part of me thought they were bullshitting too. Let's hope!

Leo_OAK
08-18-2013, 09:39 AM
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9vi3ik3p198pirx/Copy of A Memorabilia.mp3

Nice one! Really cool, congrats

even_deeper
08-18-2013, 10:45 AM
yes (http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/music/alternative/hesitation-marks-deluxe-edition-bonus-mp3/689709) it will be

These nationwide retailers currently have it on their websites

Walmart: Standard (http://www.walmart.com/ip/27270031) Deluxe (http://www.walmart.com/ip/27270022)
FYE: Standard (http://www.fye.com/music/product-detail.jsp?id=3170458#.UhDqA5KG1fE) Deluxe (http://www.fye.com/music/product-detail.jsp?id=3170098#.UhDqAZKG1fE)
Barnes and Noble: Standard (http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/hesitation-marks-nine-inch-nails/26333356?ean=888837449526) Deluxe (http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/hesitation-marks-nine-inch-nails/26333357?ean=888837449625) LP (http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/hesitation-marks-nine-inch-nails/26333525?ean=888837449519)

Nothing on Target or Best Buy yet

binaryhermit
08-18-2013, 10:52 AM
FWIW, I'm kinda interested on the Oneohtrix Point Never remix of Find My Way, since OPN is awesome and Find My Way is probably my favorite of the new tracks that we've heard so far.

gorast
08-18-2013, 11:07 AM
The previous time for the interview was 30 minutes, right? That might've been a placeholder because they were still working on it or something. Since it's exclusive to iTunes, they don't have to work with the same deadlines as the tracks on physical media.

I guess. Maybe. That's complete out-of-the-ass talk.

binaryhermit
08-18-2013, 11:12 AM
Since it's exclusive to iTunes, they don't have to work with the same deadlines as the tracks on physical media.That makes sense. Encoding an album on my 4 year old core2duo to a lossless format and then uploading it on my 1.5 mbps up connection would probably take about 2 hours at the most. And I'm sure all parties involved have better stuff than me, plus it wouldn't surprise me if they're encoding to AAC, which would significantly decrease the time necessary.Also talking out of my ass, of course.

kercyx
08-18-2013, 11:15 AM
Nice one! Really cool, congrats

Thank you ! That's really kind of you

ZeroisGreg
08-18-2013, 01:42 PM
FWIW, I'm kinda interested on the Oneohtrix Point Never remix of Find My Way, since OPN is awesome and Find My Way is probably my favorite of the new tracks that we've heard so far.
new stuff to me. brilliant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvDzaQOSZ3E

johnaltham
08-18-2013, 02:46 PM
I might be wrong here but wasn't Welcome Oblivion available to stream in full exactly two weeks ahead of its release? If so would it be totally unrealistic to expect the same of Hesitation Marks? It seems likely that the London show (which is two weeks ahead of the US release date) will see the entire album played live for the first time SO does anyone think there's a chance it could be made available to stream the same night? Since the two bands are likely tied into the same record deal similar marketing strategies must have been applied. Trent knows as well as anyone that in this day and age it's near impossible for an album to make it to the release date without a leak showing up some time before. These initial leaks are often low quality and I'm sure after all the hard work that goes into creating an album any musician would hate for their music to be heard in such a way, we all know what how upset/angry he was when with teeth leaked early. Since then everything Trent has put out has been heard for the first time either from an official stream or a high quality download directly from one of his sites. Maybe I'm over thinking this but I've pretty much convinced myself that we're going to hear the album in full this Tuesday via nin.com. People who steal music will do so regardless of whether the album is out or not, so what difference does it make sharing it with fans before a shitty leak shows up? WIN-WIN

New guy here so take it easy ;)

Ray1971
08-18-2013, 03:03 PM
I do hope there is a full album stream before release date. I already ordered the deluxe cd version and bought a ticket to see them in Spokane Washington.

r_z
08-18-2013, 03:36 PM
Fuck my restraint. Just ordered the deluxe edition after hearing "Disappointed". Hyped!

filmfanb
08-18-2013, 03:43 PM
wants it now

botley
08-18-2013, 03:57 PM
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9vi3ik3p198pirx/Copy of A Memorabilia.mp3
Nice mashup!

Endlessly
08-18-2013, 03:59 PM
I haven't read any other threads about this so this may have been mentioned already, but ... there was a poster up on the brick wall of the alley right next to the Metro when I was waiting in line for a show on August 4th. Can't say if it's still there or not.

I saw several last week on the north side of Irving Park Road. One just east of the Kennedy underpass, one at Kedzie, and one at...Elston, I think? They weren't particularly big or anything, though. I imagine they're also pasted on pretty well, but I was headed to work and didn't have time to stop.

binaryhermit
08-18-2013, 04:36 PM
Trent said something about how the new album should be leaking soon during the live stream today...

Scarlet Siren
08-18-2013, 04:37 PM
I've done a real good job of not watching any streams, reading that review etc but today, but after that pic of the vinyl pressings, I wouldn't mind the album leaking, I don't think I can wait much longer, I'm about to CRACK!

Argh!

slave2thewage
08-18-2013, 04:48 PM
It's probably a bad sign when the first thing you do upon waking up is turning on the laptop and checking hasitleaked.

Mataxia
08-18-2013, 05:07 PM
Damn it, I'm about to go out of town for the next nine days and the album will probably leak during that time.

brokenfragility
08-18-2013, 05:09 PM
I want every post in this thread to have the word leak in it. Leak.

thefragile_jake
08-18-2013, 05:14 PM
This would be so good right now. So tasty.

The Reason Being
08-18-2013, 05:14 PM
Please feel free to trickle, ooze, seep, exude etc. at any time.

hobochic
08-18-2013, 05:16 PM
Trent said something about how the new album should be leaking soon during the live stream today...

Yep:
"Trent Reznor: "This is another Song of Our new Album which will leak any minute now." #rnh2013 (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23rnh2013&src=hash)"

https://twitter.com/festivalisten/status/369203633956454400

Man, I haven't experienced this same anticipation for an album since 1999. It was close for With Teeth but the hype is way stronger this time, much like it was for The Fragile.

ComradeCornhole
08-18-2013, 05:24 PM
Those look like green onions to me....

pigpen
08-18-2013, 05:39 PM
This would be so good right now. So tasty.
Chives? This album needs to fucking CHIVE already!

NINisamazing
08-18-2013, 05:50 PM
Yeah, I havent wanted to hear a new record so bad. Mainly because I have enjoyed everything I have heard so far.