PDA

View Full Version : The little things that piss you off

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

Sallos
10-30-2014, 10:05 AM
Some men don't know how to properly court women, they end up being too nice, push over, and lacking masculinity. When women disregard these men as possible mating material, due to lack of attraction, they end up in the friendzone, and then are used for a variety of purposes, from validation, emotional tampoon to helping study for exams. These men, not knowing any better, think that these actions are part of the courtship, when in fact it only diminishes the possibility of a relationship. They don't think they are entitled to sex because they were nice or helped her study for exams, they think thats the way to get under a girls pants.

Sallos
10-30-2014, 10:09 AM
It's hardly a myth. It totally exists. I can tell you I don't feel entitled to anything but it's disapponting when you're trying to build toward a relationship and get shot down with such a reason. I LIKE and PREFER to be friends BEFORE I start dating someone. It's probably one of the bigger reasons I'm single. That and this face and body of mine :)
And yes, some girls are just fucking evil and will milk this for all it's worth just as there are douchey dudes who just are nice because they wanna' fuck.
Regardless of any of these three versions, the "friendzone" exists.

Never befriend a woman you want to have sex with. Be frontal about your intentions, it shows confidence. Regarding your body and face, for instance you can hit the gym and with a proper diet, dedication and discipline you'll achieve a great body, believe me. As for the face, unlike women we men are lucky, usually when we grow a beard, or a stubble we can disguise our uglyness, or try improving your haircut, it can also work wonders. Then there's the wardrobe...anyway i could go on, but this is material for awhole nother thread.

Swykk
10-30-2014, 10:12 AM
I'm doing all those things. Well, most of them. My problem with my body isn't so much being overweight (I've lost 25lbs in the last 4 months, hoping to get to 50)...my problems are my body is sort of permanently broken due to childhood cancer after effects. I'm totally self deprecating.

Sarah K
10-30-2014, 10:16 AM
He's adorable. He's just being surly.

allegro
10-30-2014, 10:40 AM
Who said anything about complaining? I actually think it's a good term to describe a relationship dynamic, in which, mosts cases, men make a fool of themselves.
I don't understand any of this, either. I was in three very good platonic friendships with guys (I'm female) and I never implied that it was anything more than friendships. And, these situations, said guys eventually professed their love for me, and it was very uncomfortable, terrible, I had to tell them that I did not have feelings for them in that way, which was very difficult for me to do, but what was I supposed to do? LIE? Pretend to love them? We had really good, platonic, close friendships, I never ever ever implied that it was anything more than that, ever, and I never did anything that "led them on." I never used the term "friend zone." But, in one case, the friend never spoke to me again because he was really pissed at me. In another case, the friendship died a natural death. In another, the guy discovered he was gay, so no harm there. Are people pissed at the term, or the concept? I don't get it. The end result for me is that I didn't wanna be friends with guys anymore.

edit: "tampoon" hahahahaha that's so Frank Zappa

elevenism
10-30-2014, 11:07 AM
I don't understand any of this, either. I was in three very good platonic friendships with guys (I'm female) and I never implied that it was anything more than friendships. And, these situations, said guys eventually professed their love for me, and it was very uncomfortable, terrible, I had to tell them that I did not have feelings for them in that way, which was very difficult for me to do, but what was I supposed to do? LIE? Pretend to love them? We had really good, platonic, close friendships, I never ever ever implied that it was anything more than that, ever, and I never did anything that "led them on." I never used the term "friend zone." But, in one case, the friend never spoke to me again because he was really pissed at me. In another case, the friendship died a natural death. In another, the guy discovered he was gay, so no harm there. Are people pissed at the term, or the concept? I don't get it. The end result for me is that I didn't wanna be friends with guys anymore.

i dated this girl for a little while in 2000 or so and it didn't work out, but we became SUPER close friends.
We did sleep together a couple of times over the years but it was 99.99% platonic, and we had established that we would never be together again.

Well, when she found out i was getting married, she told me that she was dying of some exotic disease and i had to come spend one last weekend with her.
When i called her bluff, she decided that i was an awful bastard who had broken her heart and that we were supposed to be together forever and such, which just seemed utterly insane to me.
The end result of that situation was that i lost a very close friend, and like you allegro, i don't really want to be friends with girls.
Also, i can honestly say that i've been attracted to damn near every single female friend i've ever had at some point or another.
I know some people have great close friends of the opposite sex, but i'm convinced that it's a recipe for someone to get hurt more than half the time.

These things make me glad i'm married.

playwithfire
10-30-2014, 12:06 PM
No, @The_Prowler (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=3152) fucking nailed it. The concept of the "friend zone" needs to fuck off forever.

Attraction happens, complicated relationships happen, I have tons of successful male friendships. It's fine.

I will always question people who are like "I have enough friends, I want a girlfriend." But fuck, you aren't my friend, so who cares.

Other than that? Yeah, life is messy and sometimes feelings aren't shared. Oh well, you have a solid friend out of it. Hooray. Maybe not, maybe you'll drift apart. Life goes on.

You are entitled to nothing, and people have a right to be not attracted to you. Girls are not machines you put friendship coins into until sex falls out.

The word "friendzone" is so obnoxious and entitled and terrible.

elevenism
10-30-2014, 12:18 PM
i've never said friendzone and i've never heard anyone i know say friendzone, just to be clear ;)

playwithfire
10-30-2014, 12:35 PM
Because you apparently are and know adults.

Sarah K
10-30-2014, 01:04 PM
Girls are not machines you put friendship coins into until sex falls out.

Ahahaha. I love you.

allegro
10-30-2014, 01:05 PM
You are entitled to nothing, and people have a right to be not attracted to you.

Girls are not machines you put friendship coins into until sex falls out.

Or until they fall in looooooooove with you.

Okay, so nobody is *blaming* the person who isn't attracted to or not in love with for this thing, right? This sounded like some kind of "the bitch / bastard deliberately lured me into the friendship just to fuck me over when I fell in love when him/her" or some kind of crap.

Like elevenism, I never heard of the term "friend zone" or "friendzone" when it HAPPENED to me, but that doesn't mean that it I didn't get stunned by the "fuck you, you didn't fall in love with me, too, you bitch" (in so many words) shit enough that now I don't even wanna be friends with dudes, anymore.

Sallos
10-30-2014, 01:19 PM
Noticing a trend, women denying friendzone and guys corroborating it, not just here but in general. Also, some women themselves also get friendzoned. Though the opposite is more common.

allegro
10-30-2014, 01:21 PM
Noticing a trend, women denying friendzone and guys corroborating it, not just here but in general. Also, some women themselves also get friendzoned. Though the opposite is more common.

I'm not denying it, I had to tell guy friends that I only wanted to be friends (hence, the guys got "friendzoned"). I didn't use that TERM. I think perhaps the use of the TERM is what people are objecting to, here? The sense of entitlement, being pissed off or butthurt about unrequited feelings or rejected sexual advances, and using that term to describe it? Or, maybe it's the concept of being butthurt about the whole thing, I dunno. The whole thing is stupid, get over it and grow up.

In my case, it wasn't about sex, but maybe it's like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8kpYm-6nuE

Sallos
10-30-2014, 01:34 PM
Well from the cases of man that got friendzone that i know, they weren't pissed beacuse the girl refused to give them sex or a relationship, but because they were hoping she would somehow realize she had feelings for him all along, and how in the end he'd get picked over the other guy who treats her like a piece of meat (meaning behaves the opposite of what the friendzoned nice guy did)

Sarah K
10-30-2014, 01:42 PM
People aren't denying that men and women are friends. That is perfectly normal, adult behavior.

This "friendzone" shit usually goes like this(using male and female for my example, but I'm sure it happens within different orientations as well) :

Man and woman are friends
Man decides he wants to be more than friends(this can mean friends with benefits, dating, or becoming monogamous)
Woman says that she is not interested in the man like that
Man gets upset and goes on about BUT I AM SO NIIIIIICE
Man gets upset because woman isn't attracted to him(this can be physically, personality, anything)
Man asks WHY NOT and brings up the other men that the woman is dating or has dated in the past
Woman explains that has nothing to do with their friendship
Man gets upset, says something about women only liking assholes, and then cuts off the friendship.

You're correct. Sometimes women develop feelings for their male friends, and the men don't return the feelings. I've had it happen three times in my life. But you know what? I'm still friends with all of them. Everyone is entitled to date people who they are attracted to. People aren't obligated to date anyone.

Sallos
10-30-2014, 01:47 PM
Ok so we seem to agree that this indeed happens, so why call friendzone a myth or not liking the term, what am i missing here?

Digital Twilight
10-30-2014, 01:52 PM
I think you summed it up pretty well there Sarah. That's usually what it comes down to. Guy wants sex, guy can't get sex, guy throws his toys out of the pram.

Sarah K
10-30-2014, 02:00 PM
Ok so we seem to agree that this indeed happens, so why call friendzone a myth or not liking the term, what am i missing here?

Because it is saying that a woman was leading you on, was emotionally manipulating, etc etc etc.

What these tantrums usually boil down to are men want to fuck their "friends". When they discover that the woman is not attracted to them, they get all angry for no reason. They then go on about how nice they are.

They were only being nice to get laid. The woman was not the one who was being manipulative in these situations. A woman can't "put" you anywhere. She can not be attracted to you, but that doesn't mean that your friendship has to change. I have ALL KINDS of friends who I would never find myself attracted to in any way besides friendship. And I know that tons of people feel that way about me, too.

Whining that a woman "put" you somewhere is just really childish and silly.

allegro
10-30-2014, 02:01 PM
in the end he'd get picked over the other guy who treats her like a piece of meat (meaning behaves the opposite of what the friendzoned nice guy did)
That's usually a bunch of crap; the rejected friend is often just as much of a shithead as the guy the friend is dating, but the rejected friend is delusional. Actually, the rejected friend is a bigger shithead because the rejected friend is a shitty friend because he's butthurt and treats the female friend like shit for "rejecting" him and feeling like he's entitled to her feelings that she doesn't have; he's not a nice guy; he's a shithead.

A nice guy would be happy for his friend. A shithead would be butthurt and treat his friend like shit.

Actually, I don't want to just say "him" or "guy," here, because it appears that elevenism had this experience with a few females, too.

Sallos
10-30-2014, 02:03 PM
Because it is saying that a woman was leading you on, was emotionally manipulating, etc etc etc.

What these tantrums usually boil down to are men want to fuck their "friends". When they discover that the woman is not attracted to them, they get all angry for no reason. They then go on about how nice they are.

They were only being nice to get laid. The woman was not the one who was being manipulative in these situations. A woman can't "put" you anywhere. She can not be attracted to you, but that doesn't mean that your friendship has to change. I have ALL KINDS of friends who I would never find myself attracted to in any way besides friendship. And I know that tons of people feel that way about me, too.

Whining that a woman "put" you somewhere is just really childish and silly.

But then again that also happens, there are women that know a male friend has second intentions yet unlike allegro, are not upfront about it and lead thmen on, that maybe someday under the right circumstances he might get a chance, and sadly they fall for it.

Sallos
10-30-2014, 02:05 PM
That's usually a bunch of crap; the rejected friend is often just as much of a shithead as the guy the friend is dating, but the rejected friend is delusional. Actually, the rejected friend is a bigger shithead because the rejected friend is a shitty friend because he's butthurt and treats the female friend like shit for "rejecting" him and feeling like he's entitled to her feelings that she doesn't have; he's the bigger of the shitheads.

We had different friendzone experinces because, like i said the men i know that got friendzoned where not pissed at anyone but themselves.

Sarah K
10-30-2014, 02:05 PM
I honestly don't even understand what leading someone on means anymore. Like, they tell you that they might sleep with you sometime in the future or what? What is viewed as leading someone on?

playwithfire
10-30-2014, 02:09 PM
Because it puts the responsibility on the object of affection, which is stupid.

And it makes being friends sound lame, which is stupid.

And it's frequently the word of choice for whiny and self entitled jerks (not specifying any gender), which is stupid.

allegro
10-30-2014, 02:10 PM
We had different friendzone experinces because, like i said the men i know that got friendzoned where not pissed at anyone but themselves.
Well, that's a much more adult way of handling it, for sure.

playwithfire
10-30-2014, 02:10 PM
Also, I've had friends develop feelings for me and developed feelings for friends and WE'RE ALL STILL FINE. If the friendship is worthwhile and you're not at some sort of heartbreaking I LOVE YOU I CAN'T BE AROUND YOU point, you move on.

The word is TERRIBLE.

Sallos
10-30-2014, 02:11 PM
I honestly don't even understand what leading someone on means anymore. Like, they tell you that they might sleep with you sometime in the future or what? What is viewed as leading someone on?

for example, Inviting a guy over for a movie, showing signs of interest, cuddle, and then rejecting sex when the guy starts making the moves, mentioning that right now they're not ready for something serious, that they just gone through a difficult relationship and what not.

allegro
10-30-2014, 02:16 PM
But then again that also happens, there are women that know a male friend has second intentions yet unlike allegro, are not upfront about it and lead them on, that maybe someday under the right circumstances he might get a chance, and sadly they fall for it.
I don't understand what "lead them on" means. Or "up front about it." If people start out as friends, UNLESS THEY'RE FUCKING EVERY NIGHT, in which case maybe you need to have a conversation wherein you say "hey, I ain't into relationships and I probably ain't gonna be so let's be clear up front, okay?" and then if the other person falls in love, then it's at their own risk, OTHERWISE you can't go into friendships with the opposite sex thinking WOW, MAYBE THEY'LL SUDDENLY FALL IN LOVE WITH ME LIKE IN THE MOVIES!

Sure, that happens. But, IT'S JUST AS LIKELY NOT TO HAPPEN. Probably MORE likely not to happen. But "leading them on?" To what? Honey, it's easy to get sex without friendship, trust me. Lots and lots of it. There's absolutely NO reason you need friendship to have great sex; in fact, the friendship thing can fuck up sex. So, what exactly would he/she be "leading you" into? Rejection? Oh, life is just FULL of that, so y'all better get used to it, 'cause you're gonna get lots and lots of it until you die, and if you blame every single person place and thing for leading YOU into it, you're a sorry pathetic state of a human being.

So, sex on a first date is absolutely to be expected for everyone, now, eh? Even in the land of AIDS and herpes? Just gotta put out, because he bought dinner and drinks? Don't want him to think you "lead him on?" Okay, just gotta be clear, here. Cuddling means sex is expected. This sounds like the prelude to rape or something, egad.

Sarah K
10-30-2014, 02:16 PM
I mean, cuddling isn't an invitation for sex. If I was in that situation where I had feelings for the other person and they did not, I would tell them that I understood, but the physical interaction would have to stop, as it made things hard. The end. Doesn't have to impact the friendship, and there is nothing to get upset about.

playwithfire
10-30-2014, 02:25 PM
FRIENDS NEVER CUDDLE

caps

allegro
10-30-2014, 02:29 PM
FRIENDS NEVER CUDDLE

caps

Well, if they're fuckbuddies sometimes they kinda do ...

Sallos
10-30-2014, 02:29 PM
I don't understand what "lead them on" means. Or "up front about it." If people start out as friends, UNLESS THEY'RE FUCKING EVERY NIGHT, in which case maybe you need to have a conversation wherein you say "hey, I ain't into relationships and I probably ain't gonna be so let's be clear up front, okay?" and then if the other person falls in love, then it's at their own risk, OTHERWISE you can't go into friendships with the opposite sex thinking WOW, MAYBE THEY'LL SUDDENLY FALL IN LOVE WITH ME LIKE IN THE MOVIES!

Sure, that happens. But, IT'S JUST AS LIKELY NOT TO HAPPEN. Probably MORE likely not to happen. But "leading them on?" To what? Cars? Houses? A small country? To what? Sex? Honey, it's easy to get sex without friendship, trust me. Lots and lots of it. There's absolutely NO reason you need friendship to have great sex; in fact, the friendship thing can fuck up sex. So, what exactly would he/she be "leading you" into? Rejection? Oh, life is just FULL of that, so y'all better get used to it, 'cause you're gonna get lots and lots of it until you die, and if you blame every single person place and thing for leading YOU into it, you're a sorry pathetic state of a human being.

So, sex on a first date is absolutely to be expected for everyone, now, eh? Even in the land of AIDS and herpes? Just gotta put out, because he bought dinner and drinks? Don't want him to think you "lead him on?" Okay, just gotta be clear, here. Cuddling means sex is expected. This sounds like the prelude to rape or something, egad.

Thats why i said earlier if you want to have sex with women do not befriend them. The biggest problem with the guys that get friendzoned is that they first try to become friends with the women and then build that in the hopes that someday they'll get into a relationship together. What they fail to realize is that if you want to have a relationship or sex with a women you need to go straight to the point, make your intentions clear, make her know you want to have sex with her. Since the nice guys, whether they're not masculine enough, don't think they're attractive enough, believe that unlike the other guys, in order to get into a relationship they must first become friends with that person.

Then the girl sees the other guy only as a friend, unware of his true fellings for her. And thes when she's like "oooh wait a second, Mike i know you like to listen to NIN as much as i do, but we are just friends. Mike got friendzoned.

I mean, cuddling isn't an invitation for sex. If I was in that situation where I had feelings for the other person and they did not, I would tell them that I understood, but the physical interaction would have to stop, as it made things hard. The end. Doesn't have to impact the friendship, and there is nothing to get upset about.

I don't know about you, but if i invite someone to my house to watch movies and cuddle we're going to end up doing it. Its implicit.

Sallos
10-30-2014, 02:30 PM
FRIENDS NEVER CUDDLE

caps

Hence leading them on................

playwithfire
10-30-2014, 02:32 PM
I was being sarcastic, sorry.

I can totally cuddle with friends who I don't want to fuck without them taking it that way and vice versa. And watch movies.

And I don't have an army of male friends who think they're friendzoned because I don't become friends with those types in the first place.

aggroculture
10-30-2014, 02:33 PM
I think men need to stop defining their self-worth in terms of what sex and relationships they are having or not having.
It creates all kinds of problems, not to mention the kind of rape culture by which women are seen as objects to be conquered and consumed, rather than humans to meet and interact with on an equal plane.
It's like a bizarre inversion of Victorian/19th century morality, in which it was unacceptable for women to be single.
Now if a man is single or not getting laid he's a loser. And we can't have that. So everything becomes secondary to that one, obsessive goal. Ah, friendship, what's it worth if I'm not getting laid?

I feel we really need a cultural shift to move beyond this toxic patriarchal masculinity.

Guys it's OK to be single and alone. If you are cool with yourself and respectful and interested in other things then maybe someone else will like you too. If you are an angry raging jerk desparate to get laid you will just cause misery to yourself and others.

Sallos
10-30-2014, 02:38 PM
I think men need to stop defining their self-worth in terms of what sex and relationships they are having or not having.
It creates all kinds of problems, not to mention the kind of rape culture by which women are seen as objects to be conquered and consumed, rather than humans to meet and interact with on an equal plane.
It's like a bizarre inversion of Victorian/19th century morality, in which it was unacceptable for women to be single.
Now if a man is single or not getting laid he's a loser. And we can't have that. So everything becomes secondary to that one, obsessive goal. Ah, friendship, what's it worth if I'm not getting laid?

I feel we really need a cultural shift to move beyond this toxic patriarchal masculinity.

Guys it's OK to be single and alone. If you are cool with yourself and respectful and interested in other things then maybe someone else will like you too. If you are an angry raging jerk desparate to get laid you will just cause misery to yourself and others.

I don't know about you but, more men these days fancy being single then in a commited relationship. And men are not cool with not getting laid, not because everyone else is, but because we like it.

Swykk
10-30-2014, 03:01 PM
Again, I end up in the middle of the two scenarios.

I'm not being nice because I want to fuck, but I've twice fallen for someone who started as a friend. I got used badly once. I got hurt the second time because she wasn't into me that way but was at least honest about it, which was one of those things that was handled properly but still tore me up.

I get that many of you don't like the term--I don't think it's great either, but you can't deny its existence. I'm here, now, telling you it happened.

playwithfire
10-30-2014, 03:10 PM
It's a horrible word for something that is messy, and human, and normal. That's not "the friendzone" (though again, that sounds great), that's just... life happening.

Swykk
10-30-2014, 03:13 PM
Maybe I'm in the wrong thread. It doesn't piss me off, it makes me sad. I don't feel like there's a place for me in this dating system because I like to know a person before I want to have sex with them.

elevenism
10-30-2014, 03:14 PM
Sallos , you read "The Art of Seduction" or something, right? All that talk about not being masculine enough and such...
YOU don't get "friendzoned," right.

playwithfire
10-30-2014, 03:16 PM
Maybe I'm in the wrong thread. It doesn't piss me off, it makes me sad. I don't feel like there's a place for me in this dating system because I like to know a person before I want to have sex with them.

Well, you shouldn't like... hide your interest. You can absolutely get to know someone better while being honest about where you're coming from. This doesn't mean come onto them.

Be like, "Hey, I think you're really amazing and lovely and I'd love to get to know you better."

And if you want to be friends as well, hell yeah.

Sallos
10-30-2014, 03:17 PM
@Sallos (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=776) , you read "The Art of Seduction" or something, right? All that talk about not being masculine enough and such...

No i haven't read it. Or any other book regarding seduction or relationships. I go by trial and error, so yes, i too was friendzoned once, or twice....

playwithfire
10-30-2014, 03:17 PM
Anyway, I'm mad at fucking everything these days. Fuck this anti-feminist sexist bullshit everywhere.

Sallos
10-30-2014, 03:20 PM
Well, you shouldn't like... hide your interest. You can absolutely get to know someone better while being honest about where you're coming from. This doesn't mean come onto them.

Be like, "Hey, I think you're really amazing and lovely and I'd love to get to know you better."

And if you want to be friends as well, hell yeah.

Swykk i wouldn't tell girls you think they're are amazing and lovely if you're trying to get sexual with them, this is the kind of thing that gets one in the friendzone.
How'd you like that playwithfire?

Sallos
10-30-2014, 03:25 PM
@Sallos (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=776) , you read "The Art of Seduction" or something, right? All that talk about not being masculine enough and such...

Though i did read once, somewhere about how the russian spies during the cold war would get into women panties working at intellegence or married to someone in the intellegence to gather information. Some really cool stuff.

theruiner
10-30-2014, 03:38 PM
It creates all kinds of problems, not to mention the kind of rape culture by which women are seen as objects to be conquered and consumed, rather than humans to meet and interact with on an equal plane.I will NEVER understand this mentality. Ever. Fortunately, I don't surround myself with people that feel this way, and my male friends have never had this mentality. I probably wouldn't have been friends with them if they did. But I have had coworkers and acquaintances who have and it's just really obnoxious. And the worst part is that, because I appear to be a cisgender male, they think I agree with them. I'm not and I don't.

Also, yeah, I don't use the term 'friendzoned' because of the connotations attached to it, but yeah, having romantic feelings for someone when it's not reciprocated really sucks. But, like playwithfire said, it's life. My (now former) best friend and I had feelings for one another off and on but it never panned out for one reason or another. It sucked. There were times when it got really depressing. But at the end of the day, she was my best friend and that was so much more important than anything else. I wouldn't dream of acting entitled or being an asshole to her because she didn't feel the same way I did at the time (or vice versa). That's why our friendship survived- we didn't let it get weird and we didn't let it poison our relationship. At the end of the day, neither of us wanted to do anything that would have risked that.

playwithfire
10-30-2014, 03:46 PM
Swykk i wouldn't tell girls you think they're are amazing and lovely if you're trying to get sexual with them, this is the kind of thing that gets one in the friendzone.
How'd you like that playwithfire?

What about the part where he said he liked to get to know people first?

Also, anyone who would take that as not-flirting is horribly oblivious.

But I mean, I wouldn't know. I've never been in the "friendzone."

cuz it doesn't exist

elevenism
10-30-2014, 03:46 PM
Though i did read once, somewhere about how the russian spies during the cold war would get into women panties working at intellegence or married to someone in the intellegence to gather information. Some really cool stuff.

i'm not quite sure what you are trying to say here...
dude, haha, are you for real with all of this?

Sallos
10-30-2014, 04:03 PM
i'm not quite sure what you are trying to say here...
dude, haha, are you for real with all of this?

The russian spies deployed in the US were trained in the art of seduction, thats why i mentioned it.

elevenism
10-30-2014, 04:07 PM
What about the part where he said he liked to get to know people first?

Also, anyone who would take that as not-flirting is horribly oblivious.

But I mean, I wouldn't know. I've never been in the "friendzone."

cuz it doesn't exist
i think that Sallos is talking about that bullshit where you follow rules like "never compliment a woman on her beauty unless you're fucking her."
Shit like this. (http://www.seductionscience.com/)
They teach you how to manipulate women as though they are objects for the sole purpose of using them.
The scary thing is that a lot of the tactics work.

I've never cared about just fucking, or the idea of being in control.
I like love and caring about each other and being down for one another and archaic stuff like that...you know, friendzoney stuff...the stuff that never gets you laid, brah! ;)

Sallos
10-30-2014, 04:24 PM
i think that @Sallos (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=776) is talking about that bullshit where you follow rules like "never compliment a woman on her beauty unless you're fucking her."
They teach you how to manipulate women as though they are objects for the sole purpose of using them.

I like love and caring about each other and being down for one another and archaic stuff like that...you know, friendzoney stuff...the stuff that never gets you laid, brah! ;)

I don't think making yourself presentable is manipulating women. When you dress yourself up, go to the gym, shave, wear perfume you're doing it you make yourself look good to others, speacially women. And also yourself, as those things really boost up your confidence, which is a quallity sought out for in men.

And since looking presentable is not only defined by how you look but also how you behave and say. So yes, you should keep those things in mind when approaching women.

Sallos
10-30-2014, 04:31 PM
http://i.imgur.com/4pK1j5b.jpg

Sarah K
10-30-2014, 05:06 PM

I watched a couple of those. It's satire, right?

Fuck. That's some real Poe's Law shit going on right there. Haha. Any sane person watches that and can't believe it. But then as it goes on, you start to question it. I'm going to hope that it's satire. People can't actually believe that shit.

elevenism
10-31-2014, 12:16 AM
I watched a couple of those. It's satire, right?

Fuck. That's some real Poe's Law shit going on right there. Haha. Any sane person watches that and can't believe it. But then as it goes on, you start to question it. I'm going to hope that it's satire. People can't actually believe that shit.

Sarah, i hate to tell you this, but it's real.
And there are lots and lots of other websites and books that advocate these behaviors.
Look up the "push/pull" technique.
Also things like the book The Art of Seduction by Robert Greene, and the thing allegro mentioned.

And scarier still, there are plenty of men who think this way and use these tactics. I have one friend who swears by some of it, the manipulation.

It just blows my mind...the whole goal seems to be fucking as many "hot" women as possible using manipulation. There is nothing having anything to do with caring or love or making a fucking real connection with anyone.

And the way Sallo talks, i'm pretty damn sure he's read one of these books or another.

Jinsai
10-31-2014, 12:37 AM
I was being sarcastic, sorry.

I can totally cuddle with friends who I don't want to fuck without them taking it that way and vice versa. And watch movies.

And I don't have an army of male friends who think they're friendzoned because I don't become friends with those types in the first place.

Really though, cuddling between straight men and women usually implies sexual interest.

It does not mean that sex (of any kind) is going to happen that night (or ever) though. I get a little tired of hearing people complaining about blue balls or girls being "cockteases." It's this kind of shit that makes women hesitant to "make a move."

eversonpoe
10-31-2014, 12:37 AM
i think that @Sallos (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=776) is talking about that bullshit where you follow rules like "never compliment a woman on her beauty unless you're fucking her."

http://vimeo.com/98815503

elevenism
10-31-2014, 12:41 AM
that's fucking great, eversonpoe , and yeah, that's about right isn't it?

eversonpoe
10-31-2014, 01:20 AM
that's fucking great, @eversonpoe (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=588) , and yeah, that's about right isn't it?

bob's burgers is the most accurate portrayal of human beings i have ever seen, and it's a fucking CARTOON. it's probably my favorite show on television right now.

but, yeah, there are really people who think that this kind of shit works...that it's somehow an ok way to treat people, and that SCARES THE SHIT OUT OF ME. it's all part of rape culture and so few people are willing to recognize that, let alone try do something to help change it.

the "friendzone" is bullshit because, as @Sarah K (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=3236) and @playwithfire (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=15) have been saying, it implies that one is ENTITLED to someone else's body/affection/attention. it's like cat-callers who think that the objects of their taunts are "mean" or "teases" if they don't respond.

no, you can't always be 100% clear about your intentions entering into any kind of relationship with someone, especially because those intentions/feelings may change over time. but whether you want to be someone's best friend or fuck them, unless they feel the same way, there's nothing to be done. yeah, rejection hurts, and there are some people who are manipulative, but that doesn't mean that ALL WOMEN ARE EVIL WITCHES WHO JUST WANT TO TRICK MEN INTO ENTERING THE FRIEND ZONE (can we please make a horror movie about this? PLEASE!?). it also doesn't mean that every single man is only looking for sex from women (also, people of all genders and orientations are capable of getting into these situations). it means that some people are dicks, and some people aren't. if given the choice, i will always choose to NOT be a dick.

p.s. the majority of the closest friends i've had throughout my life have been women. i can honestly say that (barring any actual attempts at relationships) i've only ever been sexually attracted to one of them (after we dated for a month at the end of 8th grade...hahaha). things were rocky in high school because i was still in love with her, and she had no interest in me in that way. i stayed a loyal and true friend not because i thought i'd find my IN some day, but because i genuinely cared about her. and i'm so glad that i didn't fuck that up, and that my feelings eventually receded, because she is basically my sister, and we've known each other for over 15 years. she was the maid of honor (on my side) at my wedding.
so i would say that anyone who has the potential to be in a romantic relationship with someone else is also capable of being friends with that person. you can't help who you're attracted to, but you can control how you act toward that person.

elevenism
10-31-2014, 05:24 AM
Bob's Burgers, is it? i will have to check it out at some point in the near future, because i actually laughed, out lout. ;) Thanks for that, eversonpoe

One thing that pisses me off is people who feel the need to make themselves appear to be smarter than other people on message boards, often in an insulting way.
I see it a lot and have to wonder what these people are compensating for in trying to feel superior to someone they don't even know, not even a little bit.
I never thought i'd have to ignore people here, but from here on out, if someone tries that shit on me, i'm not going to argue back because i have a funny feeling you can't win.

fillow
10-31-2014, 06:43 AM
Christmas/New Year decorations... when it's not even a fucking November yet.

allegro
10-31-2014, 08:55 AM
Pisses me off: Drivers using hand-held phones. GET THE FUCK OFF THE PHONE, YOU LOSER. I HOPE YOU GET A FUCKING TICKET, YOU ASSHOLE.

aggroculture
10-31-2014, 09:10 AM
I so so so so so want that to be illegal in Indiana - and everywhere.
Why does anyone - including phone companies - think it's a good idea?
It's fucking obvious that talking on the phone is a distraction and is dangerous: you can't drive with one hand.
Why this isn't illegal everywhere blows my goddamn mind every day.

playwithfire
10-31-2014, 09:23 AM
Really though, cuddling between straight men and women usually implies sexual interest.

I think it depends. If you're like... spooning? Yeah. Also people have different dynamics. My boyfriend is much cuddly-er with his female friends than I am with most of mine. I was honestly saying that just to be a contrary because the statement I was mocking was really stupid.

I do think it would be nicer if we were more comfortable with that kind of thing without getting weird about it.

icklekitty
10-31-2014, 10:02 AM
Who said anything about complaining? I actually think it's a good term to describe a relationship dynamic, in which, mosts cases, men make a fool of themselves.

This is an excellent, excellent way of reclaiming power. I like this. I think the past two pages here are people not actually reading these words and assuming Sallos is on the side of the wanker. Let's redefine "friendzone" to mean "person who makes a fool out of themselves by assuming common human decency necessitates intercourse/marriage/babies/castles/unicorns".

Also, "myth" does not just mean "not real". Myth is also a semiotic term that collects together societal learnings and moralities. Lisez votre Barthes.

Swykk
10-31-2014, 10:41 AM
I hope those of you face palming me at least understand where I'm coming from.

Dra508
10-31-2014, 10:41 AM
Asking the new hair stylist to just trim the ends turns into a shag. I feel like I look like fucking Keith Partidge!

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=15893009

slave2thewage
10-31-2014, 10:57 AM
"Waaah, I like her but she won't have sex with me."

WHY DON'T YOU JUST GO AND FIND SOMEONE WHO WANTS TO FUCK YOU?! Ugh, straight men confuse me.

Sarah K
10-31-2014, 11:17 AM
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m124/skruse1/Mobile%20Uploads/59683576-333e-4a98-a786-6e75a739d730_zps87217f7f.png?t=1414772193

Swykk
10-31-2014, 11:51 AM
Humans confuse me.

elevenism
10-31-2014, 06:40 PM
some terrible bastard sent me a damn near unplayable copy of Casltevania SOTN for $25.
It was advertised in "LIKE NEW CONDITION!"

theruiner
10-31-2014, 08:23 PM
CRAMPS. I know I complained about this recently, but seriously, this is getting ridiculous. I laid down on the couch to take a nap a little while ago and over the course of an hour and a half I got a cramp in my leg, then a cramp in the side of my rib cage, then a cramp in my arm (that would NOT go away no matter what I did) then a cramp in the BACK of my rib cage and then a cramp in my shoulder.

aggroculture
10-31-2014, 08:38 PM
Yyoogga???

elevenism
10-31-2014, 08:38 PM
CRAMPS. I know I complained about this recently, but seriously, this is getting ridiculous. I laid down on the couch to take a nap a little while ago and over the course of an hour and a half I got a cramp in my leg, then a cramp in the side of my rib cage, then a cramp in my arm (that would NOT go away no matter what I did) then a cramp in the BACK of my rib cage and then a cramp in my shoulder.

are you talking about the kind that are likely to make you scream?
if so, i'm really sorry!
i get them too...that's why i have a prescription for muscle relaxers

theruiner
10-31-2014, 08:53 PM
Not that bad tonight, thank God. But I get really, really, REALLY bad charlie horses in my legs on a regular basis, usually right after I wake up in the morning. Like, insane amounts of pain.

elevenism
10-31-2014, 09:06 PM
Not that bad tonight, thank God. But I get really, really, REALLY bad charlie horses in my legs on a regular basis, usually right after I wake up in the morning. Like, insane amounts of pain.

that's the kind i'm talking about. good GOD i hate that shit.
You can get some muscle relaxers from the dr, they don't have to be the narcotic kind.

I've also heard that eating bananas helps.

allegro
10-31-2014, 10:16 PM
Also anything high in potassium? My uncle had leg cramps pretty bad and his doc recommended tonic water, which my uncle said really worked; something about quinine? There are some risks associated with even small doses of quinine. I found that doing 10-20 squats or some type of similar exercise before bed helped a lot.

But those cramps all over, you may want to see a doc about that.

Pisses me off: Horror movies. G and I just watched Rob Zombies' remake of "Halloween." I have a headache from all the fucking SCREAMING. SHUT THE FUCK UP AND RUN, YOU STUPID CUNT. NO, YOU CAN'T CRAWL INTO A HOLE IN A WALL, HE'LL FIND YOU IN THERE, ESPECIALLY SINCE YOU WON'T STOP WHINING AND SCREAMING. I HOPE HE FINDS YOU AND STABS YOU AND EATS YOU AND FUCKS YOUR DECAPITATED SKULL.

theruiner
10-31-2014, 10:39 PM
You can get some muscle relaxers from the dr, they don't have to be the narcotic kind.I might have to do that because this is terrible.

allegro- I appreciate that. Not sure about the quinine but definitely will have to try some squats before bed.

Unfortunately, I have to really watch my potassium because I'm on two different potassium sparing medications. I've actually heard that having too much potassium can cause this, too (though I don't know how true that is) which can be really dangerous. I will have to mention it to my doctor the next time I see her (which should be soon).

allegro
10-31-2014, 10:50 PM
Yes, leg cramps is one thing but you're having lots more than just leg cramps.

elevenism
11-01-2014, 02:08 AM
Pisses me off: Horror movies.

In general?

I LOVE them but they have to be good and also a certain kind.
I don't do slashers. The only feeling i get from those is kinda feeling bad for the people who are getting hurt.

Aywok
11-01-2014, 08:57 AM
It's 30 degrees outside on a Saturday with 2 sick kids... I know, I'll put on Jeff Corwin or fucking Jamie Oliver.

Screw you, powers-that-be that took away the Saturday Morning Cartoon time slot.

allegro
11-01-2014, 09:23 AM
In general?

I LOVE them but they have to be good and also a certain kind.
I don't do slashers. The only feeling i get from those is kinda feeling bad for the people who are getting hurt.

Yeah, maybe more slasher than horror. I could spend ALL DAY watching old Vincent Price horror.

Swykk
11-01-2014, 09:42 AM
Rob Zombie's Halloween IS atrocious. Part two is unintentionally funny, so it's worth watching once.

allegro
11-01-2014, 10:54 AM
Rob Zombie's Halloween IS atrocious. Part two is unintentionally funny, so it's worth watching once.
Earlier in the evening, we watched the original "Nightmare on Elm Street," which neither of us had seen before. I'd only seen a few of the sequels. G kept saying, "is that Johnny Depp?!" and I kept thinking, nahhhh, but then we looked it up to confirm it just in time to see him get killed. Ugh, those slasher movies, ugh.

eversonpoe
11-01-2014, 03:35 PM
i spent so much time this week trying to get the videos for this play to work. i finally rigged up a system that would allow the actors to have a sort of ritual to uncover/cover the projector that kept it from overheating but didn't allow any light leakage during blackouts. and i get a text halfway through opening night last night (while i was at home) that the projector wasn't working. so now i have to go back to the theater and do more fucking troubleshooting.

Louie_Cypher
11-01-2014, 04:29 PM
The one up me guy!
Me: I had a pot plantation on the moon
Them: Mine was on Mars and to spec
Probably not the best example but you know what i mean or as ETS'er call it KNIM
-Louie

Louie_Cypher
11-01-2014, 05:37 PM
It's the guy, in conversation:
Me: cool blimp shot of at&t, I used to work in that building across the street.
Them: I know the owners of MOMO's and it is right across the street,
Me: Google Maps https://www.google.com/maps/@37.7733627,-122.3941931,3473a,17.4y,358.06h,5t/data=!3m3!1e1!3m1!2e0!6m1!1e1
Them: I don't know google
Urrgggg!!

Fractal04
11-01-2014, 06:04 PM
People using the machines creatively! It's a dipping station! Don't use the resistance platform for leg presses! There are leg press machines! Use the leg press machines for leg presses! :mad:

elevenism
11-01-2014, 07:59 PM
I hope those of you face palming me at least understand where I'm coming from.

"Everybody's got opinions on the way you're livin but see they can't fill your shoes....you don't know what i've been through-hell, i might go through you" - Outkast

Comes to mind. Just do you.

Dra508
11-01-2014, 08:59 PM

Moar water.

theruiner
11-02-2014, 02:07 PM
^^Oh, believe me, I have that covered. I drink a TON of water. Probably too much. I usually wake up at least twice a night to pee and then I end up drinking another cup of water right after I do, because I'm afraid of not having enough water in my body and waking up with a cramp. Taking two diuretic medications doesn't help with the peeing.

allegro
11-02-2014, 03:40 PM
^^Oh, believe me, I have that covered. I drink a TON of water. Probably too much. I usually wake up at least twice a night to pee and then I end up drinking another cup of water right after I do, because I'm afraid of not having enough water in my body and waking up with a cramp. Taking two diuretic medications doesn't help with the peeing.
Yeah, see your doc, I know when my mom was on diuretics, she was on PRESCRIPTION potassium.

Jinsai
11-02-2014, 04:47 PM
some terrible bastard sent me a damn near unplayable copy of Casltevania SOTN for $25.
It was advertised in "LIKE NEW CONDITION!"

Why didn't you just get the digital version online?

On a related side note... since there is a digital version available online, why is the original version valuable? I had no idea this was worth anything. I have two copies... might be time to sell them.

The_Prowler
11-02-2014, 08:40 PM
Damn, I post something innocuous and go out of town for a few days and look what happens!

Okay, so I thought about the whole "friendzone" thing long and hard (giggity) over the last year or so, and when I was finally able to put my thoughts into something resembling cohesive sentences, I posted about it in a few singles groups I'm a member of on FaceBook. Less than an hour later, I had tons of nothing but positive feedback from lots of fellow single men and women about what I had said. I also shared it here in another thread, but I'll repost it again here for the benefit of the ongoing conversation:

"I've pretty much decided to stop using the word "friendzone" to describe my luck (or lack thereof) with women. It's not fair to them, and it makes me sound like a guy who only pretends to be nice to get laid, which I most assuredly am not. I'm nice because I was raised to be such and treat people with kindness and respect.
I can't use the word "friendzone" because it also carries connotations that the woman in question is shallow and only interested in dating jackasses and chooses not to be with someone like me because I don't fit those qualities. What makes a woman not interested in me romantically is me, and nothing else. There's something about my personality or look that she finds unappealing, and she can't be blamed for that. I know this, and I accept it. Am I still frustrated that it seems like no one's interested in me? Absolutely. But I'm the only reason for it, and I can't rightfully blame anyone else for my relationship woes.
So guys, respect the women who turn us down because we're not what they're looking for. Don't say "the bitch friendzoned me"; instead, just simply admit "she wasn't interested in me romantically, but at least I've got an awesome new friend". And if she doesn't want to actually be friends, have a moment to yourself to let your frustration out, pick your ass back up and move on. We're better than sinking to that pathetic level of dickish and petty resentment.

Thank you for listening; we now return to your regularly scheduled programming."

I just banged that out (giggity) in about two minutes (not quite as giggity) about a week or so ago. Had I spent more time on it, I could have gone much deeper into it (giggity) and gotten more thoughts out more eloquently. But as rough and imperfect a statement it is, I still feel like my general feelings are there and I stand by what I said. If anyone wants to further discuss it with me or ask me questions/politely exchange differing opinions about it, I'll happily oblige. It's not meant to stand as law, only my personal opinion on a controversial subject.

aggroculture
11-04-2014, 08:36 AM
Nevermind: looks like the mistakes have been corrected.

icecream
11-04-2014, 12:53 PM
Cut my finger open at work. It was right on a joint too. Kinda fucked looking inside and seeing all the workings. Really annoying and painful. Should have gotten stitches yesterday but opted to just wrap it up well.

The_Prowler
11-04-2014, 01:38 PM
Cut my finger open at work. It was right on a joint too. Kinda fucked looking inside and seeing all the workings. Really annoying and painful. Should have gotten stitches yesterday but opted to just wrap it up well.
I always manage to injure my hands/fingers right before shows with the band. It's usually nothing too serious (although I have had a few really bad things happen), but they're always just bad enough to make playing extremely uncomfortable and painful. Right before we left for South Carolina, I managed to send one of my thumbs through a cheese grater and stab the other one with a fork between the nail and skin while shredding chicken, not to mention all the open cuts that have been popping up just from the cold. Again, not too serious from a medical standpoint, but holy shit it makes it hard to play for three and a half hours.

But I shouldn't bitch about little things like that seeing as how I've performed with almost any injury there is. Broken collar bone, slipped disk, pulled muscles, broken finger, open wounds on my hands, sprained back, broken toe, cracked and bruised ribs, sprained wrist, burns, all kinds of shit like that. Gotta play through the pain :D

Jinsai
11-05-2014, 02:21 PM
political argument with my brother... blah blah blah, he says he voted Republican down the line because he wants to bring balance to the force, or some bullshit...

So, I ask him if he really gives a shit about politics, or just wants to pretend that he gives a shit about politics. He says that he cares, he just disagrees with me. So I say, ok, name ONE person on the supreme court. Just name ONE supreme court justice.

Nope. He can't do it. But, apparently I'm an asshole. Maybe I am.

Swykk
11-05-2014, 08:30 PM
I don't agree with the last sentence but I feel your pain on right wing relatives.

Right Where it Belongs
11-06-2014, 09:52 PM
One of my Chihuahua's ( I believe the one who has anxiety issues) has chewed my phone cord to pieces.

The_Prowler
11-07-2014, 02:54 PM
Being sick. Goddammit I just want this shit to go away!

marodi
11-08-2014, 10:07 AM
Why can't I stop singing "Eric the Half-a-Bee"?

The_Prowler
11-08-2014, 02:16 PM
Why can't I stop singing "Eric the Half-a-Bee"?
I don't know what the fuck you just said, little kid.

Baphomette
11-09-2014, 12:58 AM
Herbalife.

Marie
11-09-2014, 07:23 AM
This back pain. It's never really happened before and it is doing my head in.

r_k_f
11-10-2014, 03:38 PM
People.. Totally overrated..

eversonpoe
11-10-2014, 05:04 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVSlE28hOgI

slave2thewage
11-11-2014, 06:03 AM
Being stuck in the arse-end of nowhere, I have to call up the bus company the day before to make sure it stops by the house to collect me. GUESS WHAT DIDN'T TURN UP TODAY?

I would call them now to book tomorrow and passively-aggressively bitch at them, but it's at 9am tomorrow and I have so much crap to do in the mornings already. I may try and get a lift with my neighbour, or something.

Sarah K
11-11-2014, 08:21 AM
heavenly_bearded sent me a package of stuff that arrived yesterday... shirts and posters. I had to stop at the store on the way home, and left the package there. Nobody has turned it in. Ugh. My short term memory is just horrendous.

fillow
11-11-2014, 08:25 AM
Assholes who don't take off their backpack in the crowded transport.

heavenly_bearded
11-11-2014, 08:26 AM
@heavenly_bearded (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=341) sent me a package of stuff that arrived yesterday... shirts and posters. I had to stop at the store on the way home, and left the package there. Nobody has turned it in. Ugh. My short term memory is just horrendous.
Is this for real? Because that is really, really fucking lame and I hope you are able to find it.

Sarah K
11-11-2014, 08:30 AM
Is this for real? Because that is really, really fucking lame and I hope you are able to find it.

Yes. I'm going to stop by there tonight, because the girl on the phone didn't even understand what I was talking about when I said a "poster tube". But I mean, it would be pretty fucking hard to miss.

Swykk
11-11-2014, 08:37 AM
Holy shit, that sucks! I'm so sorry.

Dra508
11-11-2014, 09:55 AM
Assholes who don't take off their backpack in the crowded transport.Open all the zippers back there. That'll fix him/her.

playwithfire
11-11-2014, 09:59 AM
I've thought about making stickers that say "I carry my bag like a jerk." and sticking it on there.

Yes, I'm super asocial and yes, I'm serious.

For the time being I just take shame-y pictures where nobody's face is visible.

aggroculture
11-11-2014, 10:15 AM
People who have no awareness of their massive bags and thwack you with them, and when you look at them angry or grumble they still don't know what's going on. People who have no awareness of their bodies and stumble into you or walk backwards or lounge and move around without looking in the street or public space. People who let the door slam in your face behind them instead of looking if anyone is behind them and holding it open.
I just don't understand humanity a lot of the time.

eversonpoe
11-11-2014, 11:56 AM
People who have no awareness of their massive bags and thwack you with them, and when you look at them angry or grumble they still don't know what's going on. People who have no awareness of their bodies and stumble into you or walk backwards or lounge and move around without looking in the street or public space. People who let the door slam in your face behind them instead of looking if anyone is behind them and holding it open.

people who stare at their phones while not only walking down the street, but CROSSING the street. have fun dying, idiots!

Pillfred
11-11-2014, 12:31 PM
people who stare at their phones while not only walking down the street, but CROSSING the street. have fun dying, idiots!
Parking lots, the height of pedestrian arrogance.

The_Prowler
11-11-2014, 01:43 PM
When you're trying to remember what that badass song is, but you don't know the title, band, OR any of the lyrics. All you remember is that one cool guitar part that goes "chugga chugga bum bum-bum bum chugga chug chug" and then the singer goes "YEEEEAAAAAAHHHH!" and then the band just rocks the fuck out.

aggroculture
11-11-2014, 02:06 PM

This is actually connected to a little thing that has pissed me off ever since I've lived in the US (a decade+): in the UK you say "excuse me" if someone is actually in your way and they need to move for you to get by. In the US you announce "excuse me" if you are approaching and the person might move into your path. I refuse to do this: there is no burden on me to address strangers; the burden is on people making sure they are not moving into other people's paths; being aware of their surroundings, not oblivious and relying on others to tell them they are floating into their space.

Halo Infinity
11-11-2014, 03:09 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0KFY6o6unw

The_Prowler
11-11-2014, 03:40 PM
I have to carry medical supplies with me when I leave the house, so I carry around a messenger bag with me everywhere I go. I try to be as polite with it as possible, but if I still manage to hit someone with it, I apologize profusely.
And you're right, people who appear to consciously refuse to acknowledge their surroundings are infuriating. The other day I was at the grocery store, and it wasn't overly crowded, but people were just being as disruptive as possible. There would be two shopping carts blocking an entire aisle while the owners would be meandering up and down, whole groups of families would stop in the middle of an aisle and just stand there, and it took me five minutes to grab a tube of toothpaste because this woman was standing in the exact center of the display with her arms out and leaning back and forth so she could read every label while I was just standing there like an idiot.
And don't get me started on the woman who was in front of me at the checkout who ran (power walked is more like it) back for "one more thing" about six times while her husband just stood there and didn't take anything out of the cart to put it on the belt.

I hate grocery shopping.

elevenism
11-11-2014, 04:29 PM
ok, one spot in my back still hurts REALLY bad after those surgeries...like worse than before i had the surgery.

i sure hope they didn't fuck anything up. i called the clinic to see if it's normal...waiting on a call back.

at least they are impermanent microsurgeries....even if they did fuck something up, everything goes back to normal in 4 months to a year anyway.

on the other hand, it WOULD suck pretty bad to hurt this bad in this one spot for a year.

it could be because i didnt stay in bed like i was supposed to after the procedures...i went swimming, packed our things up to leave the hotel, i even went to the fucking zoo.

really bright, i know.

Jinsai
11-11-2014, 04:50 PM

A classic never dies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umRXAkZ8Xo0&spfreload=10

marodi
11-11-2014, 04:56 PM
When you're trying to remember what that badass song is, but you don't know the title, band, OR any of the lyrics. All you remember is that one cool guitar part that goes "chugga chugga bum bum-bum bum chugga chug chug" and then the singer goes "YEEEEAAAAAAHHHH!" and then the band just rocks the fuck out.

"Eric the Half-a-Bee"? :p

it could be because i didnt stay in bed like i was supposed to after the procedures...i went swimming, packed our things up to leave the hotel, i even went to the fucking zoo.

really bright, i know.

You've been a bad bad boy! Always listen to the doctors.

As for what's pissing me off: People who think they know what's good for you and act accordingly. And make things worst for you, of course. Why can't they just mind their own business?

Jinsai
11-12-2014, 04:35 PM
the word "hater" is the stupidest bullshit. Fuck anyone who uses it.

blackholesun
11-12-2014, 05:35 PM
Parking tickets.

tony.parente
11-12-2014, 07:22 PM

I want to...I need to...
I....I can't.

Heres one.

When super far right websites who share my pro Darren Wilson view use exaggerated and sometimes completely proven false info in their articles and cheapen the entire message/viewpoint.

Dra508
11-12-2014, 07:23 PM

Don't be hating ;)

When normal people lose the ability to use proper grammar. See what I did there? THAT.

Halo Infinity
11-13-2014, 07:05 AM

That word always reminds me of this these days. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co5jTvGlt6Y

Sarah K
11-13-2014, 08:52 AM
Fucking EVERYTHING this week (THIS IS GOING TO BE LONG YOU PROBABLY DON'T WANT TO READ IT BUT I NEED TO VENT ABOUT IT SOMEWHERE)

Saturday: Computer dies

Sunday: The bitch who had my ticket for the football game shows up about 4 hours late. We miss the last train to the stadium, so we have to take a train to Jersey, and then take a cab the rest of the way. She says she will pay for it but OH SHOCKER, she doesn't have any money, so I have to pay. We get there basically in the middle of the third quarter. She is a spoiled twat(32, has never worked, every time I've hung out with her, her card gets declined, and then she calls and screams at her parents until they transfer money to her) who has season tickets, so she didn't think it was a big deal. She doesn't understand that spending $100+ on a ticket is a lot. She doesn't understand that getting to see a game is a once a year thing for some of us. On the way back to the city, she "lost" me while we were getting on the train. She then started texting me saying I was being a bitch(I was). So I called her, but she wouldn't answer, so then we got into this texting argument like we are 13. She says she will pay me back tomorrow. But I know that she won't!

Wednesday: One of my best friends was scheduled to come out for a visit Saturday - Thursday. Last week, my friend offered to let us stay with him. He and his girlfriend just happened to be on vacation at the same time... They canceled their fucking plans so that we could stay with them. So, since last Thursday, I've been trying to get in touch with my friend to make sure that she was cool staying with them since I would be at work during the day, and also to find out what time her flight arrives. I've called her and her husband at least twice each day... No answers. This is really weird for them. They are my friends who I have known the longest. I've stayed with them when I was getting out of a bad situation. I've given them a shitload of cash when they were in a bad situation. Like, they've seen me at my best and my worst. I consider them to be my family. So, for them to not answer the phone for a fucking week is really weird. By Monday, I'm scared that something happened to them, so I contact our other friend to see if they're okay. He says yes, as he was with them on Sunday.

Yesterday, I called her work at like 5:30. The person said that she was busy with a client. She then texts me at about 7:00 and basically says "Need to postpone my trip. Broke a bone in my foot" and sends me a photo of her with a walking boot. I know she's fucking lying to me because

1) She has been avoiding my calls for a goddamn week
2) There is no fucking way on earth that she left work, got home(where she says she injured herself), hurt her foot, went to the hospital, and then got home again in an hour and a half. It's literally impossible. She doesn't know that I knew she was at work at 5:30

I just didn't even respond last night because I was fucking pissed off, and I didn't want to get into a fight with her and say some shit that I would regret. I also know that if I told her that I knew she was lying, she would have gotten really defensive about it, and it would have ended badly.

Shit happens. Plans change. Whatever... I understand that as long as someone isn't canceling at the last minute. But nothing in the world is more angering than someone blatantly lying to me. Especially someone who is THAT fucking close to me. She is the last person who I would expect this from. I'm really fucking mad and sad and everything else.

My friend here is being really understanding about it. Doesn't seem to be mad at all. So thankfully he's cool. But I feel like SHIT that they canceled their plans for this... And now for nothing.

playwithfire
11-13-2014, 09:50 AM
Finally bought hair bleach to deal with my ridiculous roots. Amazon and UPS say it was delivered, and yet it's nowhere to be seen.

bruised
11-13-2014, 12:13 PM
Finally bought hair bleach to deal with my ridiculous roots. Amazon and UPS say it was delivered, and yet it's nowhere to be seen.
Probably a surepost package. Amazon delivers to post office through us, and they complete the delivery to the customer. I'm a ups driver btw.

playwithfire
11-13-2014, 03:42 PM
I hope so. :( It was supposed to be delivered yesterday, so we'll see. Thanks!

Dra508
11-13-2014, 04:14 PM
Probably a surepost package. Amazon delivers to post office through us, and they complete the delivery to the customer. I'm a ups driver btw.So you don't take any offense when people call you brown? ;)
sarahk Any adult who has to hid behind texting to interact with another human being needs to be sent out of your life STAT. Also, I watch enough of that show Intervention to guess that she and her parents are codependent. Ya think?

Splitting headache. I haven't had one in years. I count myself very fortunate and assume it's because I eat well, exercise and all that jazz. 30 minutes on the phone with my little brother gave me a headache. Coincidence? I think not.

jessamineny
11-13-2014, 04:16 PM
I hope so. :( It was supposed to be delivered yesterday, so we'll see. Thanks!

Amazon is very buyer-friendly. I think that even if it shows delivered (and somebody stole it before you get it) you can get your money back. People on reddit selling forums complain about it.

bruised
11-13-2014, 07:39 PM
So you don't take any offense when people call you brown? ;)
Na, don't mind that one. The one I hate the most is when I get called the ups guy. As in they say ups like it's a word, not saying U-P-S. That's the worst. That, and when people come running out yelling "Do I need to sign for that?!" What part of me starting my truck and putting on my seatbelt suggests I need a signature? Look down, it's by your feet!

Fractal04
11-14-2014, 03:19 PM
Fucking EVERYTHING this week That is just straight up bad mamba. :mad: and :(!

r_k_f
11-14-2014, 03:21 PM
Those that dont even find "Too many Cooks" even remotely funny....

Oh.. And those dumb ass truck nut sack things... Those more so..

Pillfred
11-14-2014, 04:42 PM
That word always reminds me of this these days. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co5jTvGlt6Y
Those people were crazy!

eversonpoe
11-15-2014, 12:25 PM
heater in my car is broken. it worked on wednesday night, didn't work when i got in the car yesterday to drive to the store and get some soup (because i was home sick). all of the money we got for our wedding is basically going to have to go toward buying a new car (it has a lot more problems than the heat).

Jinsai
11-18-2014, 02:56 PM
am I the only one who's tired of Dave Grohl trying to save rock n roll while being a super-cool down-to-earth guy about it?

eversonpoe
11-18-2014, 04:18 PM
am I the only one who's tired of Dave Grohl trying to save rock n roll while being a super-cool down-to-earth guy about it?

no, you're not (http://www.bdcwire.com/the-pretender-why-i-cant-stand-dave-grohl/)

eversonpoe
11-18-2014, 04:54 PM
sorry for the double post:

my car is on its way out. it has around 150,000 miles on it, i've been driving it for over 11 years, and it has saved my life in two car accidents. i was planning on getting a new car at the end of february, after sarah and i take our honeymoon, and we're planning on splitting the cost and using some of the money that we got for our wedding.

since friday, the heat in my car hasn't been working. i took it in today, and apparently there's a leak in the radiator, which necessitates a $300 repair. i think it's really stupid to sink $300 into a car that i'm going to get rid of anyway, and i kind of wish i could just rush out and get a new car right now. but, apparently, my engine could explode if i don't fix this problem, so goodbye $300 that could be going toward the new car. >.<

ImTheWiseJanitor
11-18-2014, 09:30 PM
A picture of a little girl holding a sign that says "My mom says she'll quit smoking if I get a million likes! She doesn't think I can!"

For fuck's sake. You're a shitty parent by default for using your kid to get Facebook likes AND by practically saying that your daughter isn't a good enough reason for you to quit smoking. Eat a bag of dicks.

Jinsai
11-19-2014, 02:25 AM
I'm sick of people saying really uncomfortable and gross shit about their personal lives on Facebook. This is getting ridiculous. It's so gross, I actually don't think I should be any more specific.

Halo Infinity
11-19-2014, 09:11 AM
I've also been guilty of the uncomfortable side of things with social media and forums. It has always still helped me to keep in mind that Facebook is a lot more personal than most sites, and probably as real as it gets on the Internet most of the time. Posting only when I'm in a good mood and when I'm not completely bored seemed to be the only thing that's been working for me so far.

DF118
11-19-2014, 05:33 PM
People who walk slowly through Times Square: DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE.

millionmilesaway
11-20-2014, 05:53 PM
living with a legitimate version of Sheldon Cooper, I have never felt so socially normal/academically stupid in my life. Now this person (N) wants to be identified as agender/asexual, which I am totally fine with. It completely suits the way (N) presents themselves as a totally logical eccentric Mensa-level brainiac. (N) is making such a big deal about it, again totally warranted since it is a major life decision; but putting me down behind my back because I choose to include sexual relationships in my life is not cool.
I asked permission as per the roommate agreement. Yes, I am totally serious we had previously made an agreement to forewarn (N) if any person that does not live in the flat is to visit. Apparently when the answer is "ok, sure :)" it really means "you totally disgust me and I hate you now :mad:" I stumbled across (N)'s tumblr and found some not so nice things written about me when I had no idea there were any problems between us. I confronted (N) because it really upset me that (N) straight up didn't tell me that it was going to bother them like that. I got an apology but there's that bit of trust that was lost and will never come back.

Funny thing is (N) has very strong feelings against the Big Bang Theory. But the list of Cooper-isms (N) exhibits is staggering. And its only halfway through first semester. We were planning on finding a flat together for next year... may not be the best idea now.

eversonpoe
11-20-2014, 07:23 PM
Funny thing is (N) has very strong feelings against the Big Bang Theory. But the list of Cooper-isms (N) exhibits is staggering. And its only halfway through first semester. We were planning on finding a flat together for next year... may not be the best idea now.

is "non-gender" a version of "gender neutral" or literally meaning without gender?
either way, that is fairly separate from sexuality and should certainly have no bearing on whether or not YOU pursue sexual relationships, as long as you do it in a courteous and responsible manner, given the fact that you're roommates.

i'm sorry :(

kel
11-20-2014, 08:59 PM
my husband and i just watched 'the fault in our stars'

FUCK YOU, JOHN GREEN.

eversonpoe
11-20-2014, 10:12 PM
my husband and i just watched 'the fault in our stars'

FUCK YOU, JOHN GREEN.

i loved the book but i haven't seen the movie yet. i was 100% fine with the casting of hazel grace (basically looks exactly how i imagined her) but i was not happy with who they chose for august at all.

kel
11-20-2014, 11:59 PM
i loved the book but i haven't seen the movie yet. i was 100% fine with the casting of hazel grace (basically looks exactly how i imagined her) but i was not happy with who they chose for august at all.
i read the book twice. shaliene was PERFECT as hazel, but i get it. there was a smugness to big screen gus that felt off.

still, we bawled and bawled.

Jinsai
11-21-2014, 01:16 AM
isn't that a young-adult-novel movie?

millionmilesaway
11-21-2014, 05:38 AM
is "non-gender" a version of "gender neutral" or literally meaning without gender?
either way, that is fairly separate from sexuality and should certainly have no bearing on whether or not YOU pursue sexual relationships, as long as you do it in a courteous and responsible manner, given the fact that you're roommates.

i'm sorry :(

I meant to replace that with asexual/agender, guess I will do that now. But last night (N) came into my room in an anti-anxiety drug and advil PM induced haze and apologized profusely while simultaneously falling asleep on my floor which was pretty comical because (N) doesn't like to touch carpets.

tony.parente
11-21-2014, 05:46 AM
i read the book twice. shaliene was PERFECT as hazel, but i get it. there was a smugness to big screen gus that felt off.

still, we bawled and bawled.
Wasn't that movie/book basically "my girl 2014"?

eversonpoe
11-21-2014, 08:22 AM
isn't that a young-adult-novel movie?

there's a reason so many people (adults included) are into young adult novels these days. i never grew out of reading them, honestly.
i was reading bradbury and asimov when i was 10 and then when i hit junior high i discovered the YA section and became obsessed with francesca lia block because she made me feel safe.
i still read plenty of regular novels, but there's something about YA fiction that just resonates with me differently...i read a great article about this very thing a month ago. if i can find it again i'll post it.

orestes
11-21-2014, 09:54 AM
There's good stuff under the YA banner nowadays.

Jinsai
11-21-2014, 01:19 PM
I'm not attacking it in any way, I just didn't know that there was any reason to look into it. I've actually been meaning to look into at least one of these YA books that's been getting hype recently, because I'm always curious as to what's attracting new readers.

Throw_it_away9
11-21-2014, 01:26 PM
A small 2hr waste of time:

Being told that I have to attend a mandatory webinar for something that I don't even handle in my job.

Currently lost trying to figure out what this is even talking about.

Edit: eh, at least it's cute to hear people speaking in Southern (US) accents, being in California, I don't hear them that often...

Dra508
11-21-2014, 03:17 PM
I'm not attacking it in any way, I just didn't know that there was any reason to look into it. I've actually been meaning to look into at least one of these YA books that's been getting hype recently, because I'm always curious as to what's attracting new readers.

It got a really good reviews outside of the YA genre so I think you had more older folk read it. I bought it, read a bit and dropped it. It pisses me off that I occasionally have a hard time getting into books. I need to be more disciplined.

kel
11-21-2014, 03:38 PM
Wasn't that movie/book basically "my girl 2014"?
no.

ten characters.

(i looked at the word "characters" for a good 30 seconds until it looked totally misspelled and downright foreign. that's definitely a little thing that pisses me off.)

ibanez33
11-22-2014, 07:50 PM
johnbron left Facebook (again).

TheyCallMeDrug
11-22-2014, 09:30 PM
my moneyz keep dissapearing. ughzorz

aggroculture
11-23-2014, 08:40 AM
Why are magazines and publishers tweeting over the weekend and at night?
This really bums me out for some reason.
No rest no pause from work work work work work. And it's clearly the interns and the employees at the bottom of the hierarchy doing this endless microlabor.

slave2thewage
11-23-2014, 11:25 AM
Ah, the increased leg pains during the winter cold have arrived. Joy of joys.

playwithfire
11-23-2014, 01:23 PM
Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.

Lots of little things have been happening here and there/going wrong and just stressing me out. And I really fucked up with taking my pill this week, so my hormones are out of whack.

Had a shitty conversation with my boyfriend last night, we've had several of those lately, he has yet to like say something to me today, preferably something nice, and then noticed another thing that went wrong at work, so I'm trying to fix that now from home, and fuck. Can things just be good for a while?

Sarah K
11-24-2014, 04:00 PM
My cousin and her husband were set to adopt a child last week. They had been working with the birth mother for months. They have paid out of the ass. When the kid was born, she changed her mind. GTFO.

They already have one adopted child. They're really great parents, so this is such bullshit.

Swykk
11-24-2014, 05:59 PM
Are they at least getting their money back?

Sarah K
11-24-2014, 06:00 PM
Nope. I dunno how much they put into this one. But their first adoption was about $15k.

allegro
11-24-2014, 06:23 PM
Well, you can't technically "pay for" a child, since that's is "slavery" which is all kinds of illegal so usually the money that was put toward the "service fee" for that child gets applied toward another child.

That's always a risk of adopting, the birth mother always gets to change her mind and it happens a lot more than people realize, it's a very emotional decision.

Sarah K
11-24-2014, 06:32 PM
Yeah, I know you can't technically buy a kid. But at the end of that day, that's basically all it is.

Hopefully that is the case, and they can put it towards a different one. The way she describes it right now, they're just fucked.

Meanwhile, I have a cousin on the other side of my family who has 5 children, and he takes care of exactly zero of them.

allegro
11-24-2014, 07:39 PM
Yeah, I know you can't technically buy a kid. But at the end of that day, that's basically all it is.

Hopefully that is the case, and they can put it towards a different one. The way she describes it right now, they're just fucked.

Meanwhile, I have a cousin on the other side of my family who has 5 children, and he takes care of exactly zero of them.

Yeah, it's true that at the end of the day, they just call the "fee" for a kid something other than buying a kid, and it's bullshit. But it's really just a adoption service fee to the agency (if they're using an agency) and the Mom gets her medical costs covered but she doesn't get money for her kid, per se. Because THAT really IS slavery. You can get money for surrogate services because that's carrying the kid for 9 months which is different and in that case you can't change your mind. Anyway, I hope the agency applies the fee to another child.

And, yeah, most parents poop out kids but should take a parent test, first.

Substance242
11-25-2014, 06:29 AM
Pictures of small childer in peoples' online profiles, like "this is the best thing I have ever done and my life is practically over". Yeah, because to have a child is soo rare and almost no-one is able to do that, right... Also hate that "you don't know shit about anything because you don't have children" attitude.

icklekitty
11-25-2014, 09:30 AM
Do you think cockroaches do that too? "Aww, it has your nose!"

Sarah K
11-25-2014, 09:33 AM
Also, babies are ugly as fuck and they all look the same until they're like 6 months old. Haha.

While I understand being happy and such during the moment, please do not try to convince me that they are cute. :|

The_Prowler
11-25-2014, 03:00 PM
Also, babies are ugly as fuck and they all look the same until they're like 6 months old. Haha.

While I understand being happy and such during the moment, please do not try to convince me that they are cute. :|
They look like little aliens whose heads and necks don't work so they just flop around for the first few months.

The_Prowler
11-25-2014, 03:06 PM
My social awkwardness and less than "normal" personality piss me off when I try to meet girls. On the few occasions where I'm fully comfortable talking to someone of the female sex and it seems promising, she's either too young, already taken or just not interested because I'm not proper boyfriend material (which is all on me, not a bullshit excuse or complaint against women who aren't interested in me). If I knew how to "fix" myself to make me more socially and romantically acceptable, I'd do it in a heartbeat, but I'm at a complete loss and any ideas I have go out the window when I open my mouth because my brain spazzes out and shuts down like Internet Explorer.

elevenism
11-25-2014, 03:14 PM
my wife is fucking addicted to a goddamn mmorpg.
All she wants to do is play it. 24-7 just staring at her laptop.

i asked her to try to limit it to 4 hours a day, but it isn't happening.

and this leads to fucked off situations like her asking me permission to play it. Straight faced and serious...no sarcasm.
and then i feel like a tool.

it's fucking driving me crazy y'all.

Joy Prevention Hotline
11-25-2014, 06:49 PM
any ideas I have go out the window when I open my mouth because my brain spazzes out and shuts down like Internet Explorer.
Internet Explorer is way more reliable than my brain in public.

elevenism
11-26-2014, 01:54 AM
If I knew how to "fix" myself
if i could fix myself i'd...
but it's too late for me!
;)

eversonpoe
11-26-2014, 07:40 AM
last night, i threw up a dinner that i had enjoyed eating. in the shower. it was disgusting.

now i have to drive to my parents' and then out to aurora (instead of just driving straight to aurora because my dad is insistent that we only take one car; it's going to take me a total of about 2 hours) to take down and re-hang 11 TVs. not really feeling up to that at all but i need the work because i need the money.

Substance242
11-26-2014, 08:17 AM
(things that piss)

Managers who seem to have set "high priority" in their e-mail broadcasts by default.

OMG I am going to immediately stop my work and pay attention to your high priority e-mail RIGHT NOW... not.

Swykk
11-26-2014, 08:26 AM
Spitballing off of some other recent comments about children, I hate that some of my friends' facebooks and twitters have become "MY KID DID A TRIVIAL THING TODAY LOL CUTE" or "I AM BITCHING ABOUT A THING MY KID DOES OR DOESN'T DO."
Listen, I'm following you, not your 4 year old. It must be annoying that he won't go to sleep but YOU HAD THE KID. If you wanted a nice quiet bedtime what you shouldn't have done is have a kid. I understand that's part of your life but it doesn't have to be every update you post.

eversonpoe
11-26-2014, 09:01 AM
Spitballing off of some other recent comments about children, I hate that some of my friends' facebooks and twitters have become "MY KID DID A TRIVIAL THING TODAY LOL CUTE" or "I AM BITCHING ABOUT A THING MY KID DOES OR DOESN'T DO."
Listen, I'm following you, not your 4 year old. It must be annoying that he won't go to sleep but YOU HAD THE KID. If you wanted a nice quiet bedtime what you shouldn't have done is have a kid. I understand that's part of your life but it doesn't have to be every update you post.

i was going to say "idunno. i post a lot of stuff about my cats." but cats are way cuter and more interesting than kids. and i say that as someone who wants to have a kid some day.
that said, most parents are proud of their kids, and i can understand wanting to show that. but the way everyone is so engrained in social media at all times is really the core of the issue.

WorzelG
11-26-2014, 10:38 AM
My two biggest Facebook gripes are people asking you to get them something for a stupid game like FarmVille and it's written to try and make you feel bad for not wanting to take part, and people sharing those Facebook statuses written like 'only x number of people read my posts so, so I can tell you actually read tell us how we met in one word, then share this pointless post with all your friends'

Rubbish pointless spamming

The_Prowler
11-26-2014, 01:24 PM
if i could fix myself i'd...
but it's too late for me!
;)
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7515/15698298528_fa933d4f64_o.png (https://flic.kr/p/pVcTes)

The_Prowler
11-26-2014, 01:31 PM
We are the same, we are one.

We are brothers (or siblings, I don't know what gender you are >.<)

Halo Infinity
11-26-2014, 04:01 PM
That's unfortunately among the things I know all too well, but I also liked the way you put it there. Come to think of it, I like the way you put such things. At least it helps me laugh at them. (Since you know, the ability to laugh stuff off is sometimes actually more important than it looks/is.) :p

Pillfred
11-26-2014, 07:39 PM
My bike's are gone. :/

Fixer808
11-27-2014, 12:44 AM
Athlete's foot. My toes are itchy. :(

implanted_microchip
11-27-2014, 11:55 AM
Being expected to talk to an estranged family member who knowingly allowed their friend to molest me as a young child, then help cover it up. I have nothing I could ever want to say to this person and there's nothing they could say that I want to hear, but without me knowing, it's been set up for me to talk to them.

Charmingly Miserable
11-27-2014, 05:31 PM
Being expected to talk to an estranged family member who knowingly allowed their friend to molest me as a young child, then help cover it up. I have nothing I could ever want to say to this person and there's nothing they could say that I want to hear, but without me knowing, it's been set up for me to talk to them.
Shit. I'm so sorry to hear this.

implanted_microchip
11-27-2014, 06:48 PM
Shit. I'm so sorry to hear this.
Thanks, I really appreciate it. I'll be alright, but it makes more mad than anything really. I just can't stand when someone thinks they know what's best for someone else and puts them in situations they should be able to choose for themselves.

slave2thewage
11-27-2014, 07:26 PM
This made me sad. I hope you're alright.

Sarah K
11-27-2014, 07:50 PM

FUCK that and FUCK whoever tried to set that up. Tell them no, and that if you ever feel the need to address it, you will do it on your own timeline.

Forcing someone into something like this will only make it worse.

Dra508
11-27-2014, 09:38 PM
FUCK that and FUCK whoever tried to set that up. Tell them no, and that if you ever feel the need to address it, you will do it on your own timeline.

Forcing someone into something like this will only make it worse.

Seriously, like are you suppose to accept an apology or something? A swift kick and a 'fuck off, I hope you die in a fire' would be all I'd give em. Oh yeah, there is forgiveness somewhere, but I don't know, can't be forced.

@pillifred- bikes stole ?

elevenism
11-28-2014, 03:27 AM
people sharing those Facebook statuses written like 'only x number of people read my posts so, so I can tell you actually read tell us how we met in one word, then share this pointless post with all your friends'
Rubbish pointless spamming

THIS.

once i came up with something fairly ironic to post lampooning this and i wish to god i remember what it was.

something like "if you don't repost this you like cancer and want to kill kittens for satan."

it was something along those lines but it was actually pretty goddamn funny

WorzelG
11-28-2014, 04:16 AM
It sounds more like the person feels guilty and wants to make themselves feel better, rather than anything to benefit you. That's really shitty, more like a 'big thing' that pisses you off

elevenism
11-28-2014, 06:02 AM
awww no man...fuck that bullshit!

millionmilesaway
12-01-2014, 04:04 PM
agghhh fuck!!! So mad that i booked my plane ticket for the wrong day and it costs more to change the flight than to buy a new ticket!! And of course no refunds!!!!!! I double checked that shit so many times how did this happen!!!

Pillfred
12-01-2014, 05:52 PM
Was reading a link on FB about fitting cops with cameras. Much like youtube comments there was some really ignorant shit being said but this fuckwad took the cake. "Chris LastName-Hey, if it facilitates the police to blow away more disgusting thug punks like Mike Brown, I'm all for it." I hope he takes my suggestion and really does drink a gallon bleach.

theruiner
12-01-2014, 05:59 PM
Ugh. It's going to be raining most of the time I'm in San Francisco.

Baphomette
12-01-2014, 06:09 PM
Ugh. It's going to be raining most of the time I'm in San Francisco.Be happy for California.

tony.parente
12-02-2014, 12:49 AM
Saint Louis traffic.
I work 23 miles from home, I get off at 7:00am and i'm usually home at around 7:35 every morning give or take. Well last night we had some freezing rain so the roads were a little slick, causing literally EVERY MAJOR HIGHWAY IN SAINT LOUIS TO BE SHUT THE FUCK DOWN.

I left work at 7:00am and finally sat down on my couch at home at 10:20am. Mother fucker.

The_Prowler
12-02-2014, 03:59 PM
I don't like Reggae. I never have. I don't "get it" and I don't enjoy listening to it or playing it. My band mates used to joke that the only reason I hate it is because I suck at playing it, which is half true; I really don't sound good when I try to play it. It's just not a part of my sound or style. My guitar player, on the other hand, loves Reggae. Bob Marley and the Wailers, Sublime and UB 40 are three of his favorite bands, and he used to play in a Reggae group.

At one of our recent shows, he decided he wanted to play Jammin' by Bob Marley (this was after our I'm Yours/Don't Worry 'Bout A Thing medley, which I absolutely cannot stand playing. I'm Yours literally fills me with physical anger any time I hear it). I'm a professional, so I still try and play as well as I can regardless of my personal feelings of whatever song I'm doing. At one point during the song, he turns around with a huge smile on his face and says "dude, you sound really fucking good!"

And I thought "shit... now there's no reason for him not to want to do more Reggae". >.<

tony.parente
12-02-2014, 04:09 PM
Usually you have to be a mega pothead to get it. I'm not a fan either, we get it pot and stuff now can we put away the steel drums and do something productive?

Pillfred
12-02-2014, 06:01 PM
Dominos website. I just want to see your specials and or coupons not register my address for your web service. I know where to get my pizza from i just don't know wtf you have. Also, your lack of a decent mobile option renders you all but useless to me most days.

playwithfire
12-02-2014, 08:25 PM
Got kicked off of Facebook for the second time in a week over this real name bullshit. I can give them the documentation they need, since I ACTUALLY USE MY FUCKING NAME. Still, frustrating. I use Facebook to a huge degree. Waiting + this whole stupid fucking process sucks.

Also, work, which I love, but I've been gone for 5 days or so due to visiting my sick grandmother and I have a TON on my plate. All of our remote employees (about 30 of em) are in in the city for the week and as the person who does most of the office maintenance/inventory/dishes I'm running around and I have a ton of resume rejections to do and I'll be here til who knows when tonight. It's 9:30pm right nowish.

I also have a bunch of non-day job work to do in the next couple of days AND I'm applying for a higher position at my company after speaking with supervisors AND I misplaced something super valuable earlier and tore my desk apart looking for it (found it) and AAAAH MY BRAIN

Sarah K
12-03-2014, 01:18 PM
Got kicked off of Facebook for the second time in a week over this real name bullshit. I can give them the documentation they need, since I ACTUALLY USE MY FUCKING NAME. Still, frustrating. I use Facebook to a huge degree. Waiting + this whole stupid fucking process sucks.

I thought that they backed off on that?

onthewall2983
12-03-2014, 01:55 PM
I know this probably belongs in the Ferguson thread, but I'm going to rant instead about why I hate cable news. (http://news.yahoo.com/morning-joe-ferguson-rant-hands-in-the-air-video-144216477.html) What really got me here is that the Rams thing "was the final straw". God forbid some social commentary makes you uncomfortable during your enjoyment of football, Joe. You know what would have happened if Walter Kronkite or Howard Cosell went on a tear about the black Olympians in '68 raising their fists in Mexico? They'd look like hateful old white men, instead of the professionals that they were. Empty fucking suits and nothing more. And it is empty suits like Scarborough and Hannity that make me despair other fellow white males who take their word for gospel, and a big reason why I cut the cable. If even a quarter of my money goes in their pocket because I was dumb enough to get the whole cable package on Comcast, I'd deserve to lose a little sleep over knowing I was being a part of the problem, even if my portion was a dust speck on the dying carcass that's the American dream.

For what it's worth, I'm not saying I'm some expert on the issue of Ferguson or race relations in America currently. I've not followed it as closely as some people I do know, specifically a friend in St. Louis who has attended some of the protests. I guess I'm just pissed off at the state of television news now. It's mostly sound and fury signifying nothing, though I'll admit it's not all empty suits but it seems like they are the majority. To me anyway.

green
12-03-2014, 02:45 PM
Facts are irrelevant in the minds of modern protesters, so chicken hawks like Sharpton swoop in with hate and regurgitate willful ignorance into their mouth. Race is only an issue in the minds of those who can't let go of the past, whereas the majority of Americans imo have moved on. I hate, HATE, people like Sharpton and Holder who make a living feeding the stupidity of low info voters with lies about the injustices of their plight. lol, voters? Yeah right, like they've ever voted a day in their pathetic lives.

Sarah K
12-03-2014, 02:53 PM
People who think racism is a thing of the past.

green
12-03-2014, 03:01 PM
It is to me, because the people I hang around have better things to do than worry about the small percentage of US pop. who can't get their act together. Much like those in Neil deGrasse's community where terms like Affirmative Action, are meaningless. Only we're not as smart, but the same principle applies.

allegro
12-03-2014, 03:03 PM
Tell that to all the black people who still can't get taxis in Manhattan.

allegro
12-03-2014, 03:07 PM
For what it's worth, I'm not saying I'm some expert on the issue of Ferguson or race relations in America currently. I've not followed it as closely as some people I do know, specifically a friend in St. Louis who has attended some of the protests. I guess I'm just pissed off at the state of television news now. It's mostly sound and fury signifying nothing, though I'll admit it's not all empty suits but it seems like they are the majority. To me anyway.
It's not the majority, it's a certain specific demographic that votes for a particular political party that will never win the Presidency, that's uber-conservative and reactionary and loves soap opera drama and nationalism.

onthewall2983
12-03-2014, 03:08 PM
It's not the majority, it's a certain specific demographic that votes for a particular political party that will never win the Presidency.

I meant the majority on television, not the ones watching it.

allegro
12-03-2014, 03:11 PM
I meant the majority on television, not the ones watching it.
No, definitely NOT the majority on television, it's the MINORITY on television. Advertisers love middle-of-the-road, no drama. Advertisers don't love that shit. It's ultimately all about advertising money.

Why do you think Elisabeth Hasselbeck suddenly went bye-bye from ABC's "The View" and ended up on the obscure stupid "Fox and Friends?"

green
12-03-2014, 03:12 PM
Tell that to all the black people who still can't get taxis in Manhattan.
I don't know anything about Manhattan, is it the majority of black people who can't get a cab, or a small percentage for some reason?

icklekitty
12-03-2014, 03:16 PM

Even though your reasons for not using it are valid...it's not your name.

onthewall2983
12-03-2014, 03:16 PM
Fair point. I'm away from it, I just hate the implied self-entitlement of some newsmen today. And again I'm probably not the best person to talk about all this stuff, and better if I didn't say anything at all. Or at least nothing more than "I hate cable news", but that's too reductive.

allegro
12-03-2014, 03:17 PM
I don't know anything about Manhattan, is it the majority of black people who can't get a cab, or a small percentage for some reason?

According to polls conducted in Manhattan, taxi drivers still generally pass up black people for some reason. All black people, old, young, males, females. There can be a white person and a black person hailing cabs, and the cab will nearly always pass right by the black person. It's a standard joke in NYC.

Note, though, that it isn't NEARLY as bad as it used to be, it has gotten way better. Especially after NYC did this whole "better taxi driver" program.

green
12-03-2014, 03:20 PM
According to polls conducted in Manhattan, taxi drivers still generally pass up black people for some reason. All black people, old, young, males, females. There can be a white person and a black person hailing cabs, and the cab will nearly always pass right by the black person. It's a standard joke in NYC.
What race are the majority of cab drivers?

allegro
12-03-2014, 03:21 PM
Fair point. I'm away from it, I just hate the implied self-entitlement of some newsmen today. And again I'm probably not the best person to talk about all this stuff, and better if I didn't say anything at all. Or at least nothing more than "I hate cable news", but that's too reductive.

I never watch cable news for that reason, it's just all total bullshit. CNN, Fox, all of them, just a bunch of WHORES. It's not real journalism.

onthewall2983
12-03-2014, 03:22 PM
Why do you think Elisabeth Hasselbeck suddenly went bye-bye from ABC's "The View" and ended up on the obscure stupid "Fox and Friends?"

Major Network news still has some legitimacy in my eyes (hell, I love 60 Minutes).

allegro
12-03-2014, 03:22 PM
What race are the majority of cab drivers?

Heh, I dunno but they usually don't speak any English and they're usually from the Middle East.

onthewall2983
12-03-2014, 03:24 PM
I never watch cable news for that reason, it's just all total bullshit. CNN, Fox, all of them, just a bunch of WHORES. It's not real journalism.

Even MSNBC to a degree. I despise that Ed Shultz because he's basically the liberal clone of Limbaugh. I learned a long time ago that not everyone who holds the same view as you do will be all people you can abide by. Same goes for Bill Maher to a degree, but he does at least give people a platform (that is unless they call him on his shit, like Affleck did).

allegro
12-03-2014, 03:28 PM
Even MSNBC to a degree. I despise that Ed Shultz because he's basically the liberal clone of Limbaugh. I learned a long time ago that not everyone who holds the same view as you do will be all people you can abide by. Same goes for Bill Maher to a degree, but he does at least give people a platform (that is unless they call him on his shit, like Affleck did).
I only watch local news, now. For national news, I go online. Al Jazeera. I love 60 Minutes, too, but that's more like special interest stuff.

Dra508
12-03-2014, 04:15 PM

Or think it's something that doesn't need to be talked about. Yes, there are some over here (points) that you shouldn't bother trying to have a conversation about racism in America. There is no changing their mind. It's the folks that deny that there is any racism that I think is where the conversation could be productive.

Dra508
12-03-2014, 04:51 PM
Separately, ignorant relatives. When asked where we got the giant bottle of wine for Thanksgiving dinner, we replied with "Costco". BF's sister said "you shop there? Costco gave Obama $2 million dollars and supports the gays. ".

Yes, she said THE gays. /face palm

Joy Prevention Hotline
12-03-2014, 07:59 PM
I only watch local news, now. For national news, I go online.
Wait. You watch local news? On TV? :eek:

I know this probably belongs in the Ferguson thread, but I'm going to rant instead about why I hate cable news. (http://news.yahoo.com/morning-joe-ferguson-rant-hands-in-the-air-video-144216477.html)
Can I just say that I hate motherfucking humanity today?

I was born on Staten Island. This time it's personal. :mad:

playwithfire
12-03-2014, 09:43 PM
Even though your reasons for not using it are valid...it's not your name.

Yes and no. It's my internet name, and its a bit of a placeholder in the rest of my life. I'm fond of it, and it's more my name than my legal one. Which is why I had the documentation they wanted pretty easily available and they gave me my account back. You have to have your name on there, not your legal name.

Not sure why you pointed that out though.

allegro
12-03-2014, 10:33 PM
Yes and no. It's my internet name, and its a bit of a placeholder in the rest of my life. I'm fond of it, and it's more my name than my legal one. Which is why I had the documentation they wanted pretty easily available and they gave me my account back. You have to have your name on there, not your legal name.

Not sure why you pointed that out though.

Because legally she's probably right; I don't know what your legal name is, but if it isn't what's on your driver's licence or passport, it's not your legal name. Which is exactly why Facebook sucks; they're not entitled to my legal name so they can spread it everywhere so people can stalk me (which happened), "do you know these people?"

Fuck off, Facebook.

Here's what Facebook accepts as "authentic identity:"

https://m.facebook.com/help/159096464162185?refid=69

allegro
12-03-2014, 10:36 PM
Wait. You watch local news? On TV? :eek:
In Chicago. The second largest CITY in the country. Yes. I do.

playwithfire
12-04-2014, 02:26 AM
Because legally she's probably right; I don't know what your legal name is, but if it isn't what's on your driver's licence or passport, it's not your legal name. Which is exactly why Facebook sucks; they're not entitled to my legal name so they can spread it everywhere so people can stalk me (which happened), "do you know these people?"

Fuck off, Facebook.

Here's what Facebook accepts as "authentic identity:"

https://m.facebook.com/help/159096464162185?refid=69

Heh, I know. I just went through this silly multi-day process (which was the point of my frustration, them wrongly pulling my account and the whole dumb process, I was pretty sure I would be able to keep my account), so I do know what I'm talking about (and I also was prepared for it to happen).

They DON'T require your legal name, they require the name you USE. I got my account back with Option 3.

elevenism
12-04-2014, 05:47 AM
So you guys might remember that my cousin attempted to beat me to death last year.

Well, the fucker keeps calling here seeking redemption, wanting to be forgiven.
I would be dead if it wasn't for AA, and i am all about forgiveness, but this is the hardest one i've ever tried.

He didn't just beat me, he hacked my wife's facebook and wrote 30 or 40 posts, mostly of a sexual nature, that were so awful that i won't even repeat them here. He also called CPS on my brother and sister in law, and they STILL haven't completely shaken them off. They nearly took my baby niece away from them, and they were forced to leave the state over all of it.

I don't know what in the hell to do. It pisses me off that he is even calling here.

marodi
12-04-2014, 12:37 PM
I don't know what in the hell to do. It pisses me off that he is even calling here.

I'm in a very pissed off mood myself so my first thought was "fuck him to hell".

But there's one thing you have to consider: mostly, you forgive someone for your own peace of mind, not theirs. Forgiving is very much an act of letting go of the situation that's upsetting you. You may not be ready to do that just yet for yourself but above all else: don't do it for him.

Khrz
12-04-2014, 01:33 PM
"You're forgiven, now fuck off" is indeed a perfectly acceptable outcome. Forgiving someone can definitely mean "disappear, vanish entirely from my existence, you're not even a problem of mine anymore". Nobody said forgiveness had to be kind.

aggroculture
12-04-2014, 01:45 PM
Yeah, your answer could be: when and if I am ready to forgive, I will contact you. In the meantime please don't come contacting me.

playwithfire
12-04-2014, 02:07 PM
Heh, I know. I just went through this silly multi-day process (which was the point of my frustration, them wrongly pulling my account and the whole dumb process, I was pretty sure I would be able to keep my account), so I do know what I'm talking about (and I also was prepared for it to happen).

They DON'T require your legal name, they require the name you USE. I got my account back with Option 3.

Annnd locked out again. I really, really wish I didn't use this site so much to actually feel not being able to access it. And I really need to download my archive.

jessamineny
12-04-2014, 02:51 PM
Is someone reporting you? wtf

icklekitty
12-04-2014, 03:11 PM
I know people who have changed their name legally and/or have gone by name X for over 20 years so it's definitely not about the name you use.

playwithfire
12-04-2014, 03:17 PM
I don't know if someone is reporting me, but like, I spoke with the customer service and got my name verified by submitting about 5 pieces of documentation. I should be good to go. They truly don't require your legal name. I don't really understand why this keeps happening and the whole waiting a day for any response and my friends being like "I can't see you?" is getting waaaay old.

aggroculture
12-05-2014, 01:07 PM
The "logic games" part of the LSAT. There is no way I am suddenly becoming an algebra genius, so I guess I'll just have to shit the bed on that section.

Gah.

Halo Infinity
12-05-2014, 03:10 PM
"You're forgiven, now fuck off" is indeed a perfectly acceptable outcome. Forgiving someone can definitely mean "disappear, vanish entirely from my existence, you're not even a problem of mine anymore". Nobody said forgiveness had to be kind.
I actually never saw it that way before. I'll definitely keep what you said in mind. This mindset regarding forgiveness is helping me already. :)

Yeah, your answer could be: when and if I am ready to forgive, I will contact you. In the meantime please don't come contacting me.
That sounds just about right, as it's far better to do that than to pretend to forgive others. Sometimes it's also better to let go by not even bringing certain topics up whenever you can avoid them as well, or refusing to giving such thoughts and emotions the time of day.

@elevenism (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=2475) - Yes, I'd definitely go with their advice too. :)

@marodi (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=125) - And yes, you're absolutely right. I've also needed that reminder as well, as I sometimes forget that forgiveness isn't necessarily reconciliation, or regaining somebody's trust and respect, nor is it condoning the damage that has been done. :)

@kleiner352 (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=4417) - I just thought that you'd like to catch these posts as well. :)

Halo Infinity
12-05-2014, 03:13 PM
I don't know if someone is reporting me, but like, I spoke with the customer service and got my name verified by submitting about 5 pieces of documentation. I should be good to go. They truly don't require your legal name. I don't really understand why this keeps happening and the whole waiting a day for any response and my friends being like "I can't see you?" is getting waaaay old.
Did you also give Facebook a cell phone number or a home phone number? I've also been locked out of Facebook before, and a phone number is usually the first thing Facebook asks from me. I also know what that's like, and I definitely agree with all the things you've said about it so far.

Sallos
12-05-2014, 04:51 PM

Isn't Los Angeles the 2nd?

allegro
12-06-2014, 10:36 AM
Isn't Los Angeles the 2nd?

By population, but it's a giant suburb. Hence why Chicago is known as the Second City (also the name of the improv group).

Joy Prevention Hotline
12-06-2014, 04:09 PM
Fuck tha rain. Last night the roads were like a mirror, all the better to see the assholes with their fog lights and high beams on. I'd like to know what fucking lane I'm in, OK?

Hmm, I suppose the TV stations in bigger cities have more self-respect. The words "local news" still make me shudder.

Joy Prevention Hotline
12-06-2014, 05:54 PM
I'm back again … The only thing worse than refried beans is cleaning them out of the container. Blech.

Baphomette
12-07-2014, 02:01 AM
By population, but it's a giant suburb. Hence why Chicago is known as the Second City (also the name of the improv group).Not true. There is an actual CITY of Los Angeles within the County of Los Angeles. And it's bigger than Chicago (both in population and area size). :P

allegro
12-07-2014, 09:27 AM
Not true. There is an actual CITY of Los Angeles within the County of Los Angeles. And it's bigger than Chicago (both in population and area size). :P
HA I was counting the seconds until you responded. There is no county of Chicago and the city area is actually relatively really small (houses are jam-packed in since the 20s to 40s). But it's an old "city" like Brooklyn.

Except Chicago's a bigger cesspool than Brooklyn. Uglier, too.