View Full Version : The Muthafuckin' Sports Thread!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12

elevenism
10-17-2015, 11:37 PM
it's a rough fuckin year to be a cowboys fan.
We were looking great, and then CRUNCH!
The talk around here has been that "we'll still win the NFC East."
But with the Giants surging the way they are, i don't even know about that anymore.

allegro
10-17-2015, 11:40 PM
SPARTY! What a finish! My sister and brother-in-law were already giving me shit after MSU's last time out. (He went there, I went to Michigan State) They were at the game in the student section, having a great time until the football gods delivered that big helping of crow for them to eat.

Wait, did you mean to say your bro-in-law went to U of M and you went to MSU?

I am usually a big Michigan fan (having worked in A2 for many years, I used to go to games at the Big House) but come on, the Spartans have been kicking ass for so long, you can't help rooting for them.

Fifey
10-18-2015, 12:08 AM
Wait, did you mean to say your bro-in-law went to U of M and you went to MSU?

I am usually a big Michigan fan (having worked in A2 for many years, I used to go to games at the Big House) but come on, the Spartans have been kicking ass for so long, you can't help rooting for them.

He went to UM, I went to State. Excitement ruined my English skills, I suppose.

Conan The Barbarian
10-18-2015, 10:50 AM
Seeing as how my fantasy hopes are no longer there with my main rb out for the year, I'm giving jor flacco a shot over Peyton. Peyton has been really struggling this year.

Knowing my fantasy luck, watch Peyton throw 5 tds and go 509 yards.

allegro
10-18-2015, 12:51 PM
He went to UM, I went to State. Excitement ruined my English skills, I suppose.
Harbaugh was having a fucking heart attack. That's a funny way to end a game, snort.

Meanwhile, that sure was a COOOOOLD Cubbies Mets game, brrrrrrrr.

bruised
10-18-2015, 09:40 PM
This Pats/Colts game is awesome. New old rivalry.

Sarah K
10-18-2015, 10:20 PM
Can we talk about that special teams play?

In what universe would that be successful?

bruised
10-18-2015, 10:29 PM
Haha, that was crazy!

TheyCallMeDrug
10-18-2015, 11:15 PM
Mets are 2-0 and im looking to be 1st place in fantasy with a 5-1 record. LIFE IS GOOD!!!!

gorast
10-19-2015, 12:30 AM
Good football day, for the most part. Seattle got wrecked at the very end, Dolphins blew out the Titans, Packers bring it home in a messy but effective way. Patriots won (seriously what the fuck was that ST play), but what else is new there? Yankee bastards.

Here's hoping we still have the Giants's number tomorrow. Big blue fuckers going down.

ryanmcfly
10-19-2015, 02:30 AM
That special teams play by the Colts was easily the worst play I've ever seen. It was worse than the buttfumble.

Sarah K
10-19-2015, 09:07 AM
I don't even understand what the plan was? Shift everyone to distract, and then just dive for the yard? Trying to draw a penalty?

bruised
10-19-2015, 10:00 AM
I think they were trying to get the Pats to jump offsides, but they weren't actually supposed to hike the ball lol.

Sarah K
10-19-2015, 10:53 AM
http://www.sbnation.com/2015/10/19/9565981/colts-trick-play-went-wrong-how-it-could-have-worked

The most obvious and glaring error. The way this play is drawn up, Colt Anderson is supposed to get under center, check to see if the defense is rushing more than one person at the center and then call on the powers of Opochtli, the Aztec god of fishing, to give him the form of a 380,000 pound motorized whale. Wheel-Whale then takes the snap and bowls over the defense for a first down, terrifying the crowd and television audience and spurring Indianapolis to a win.
Instead, Anderson gets the ball and tries to run through three Patriots as a normal human. Brave, maybe, but not sound from a playcalling perspective. Next time, he'll hopefully trust Opochtli to put him in a position to succeed -- and then execute.

gorast
10-20-2015, 01:08 AM
Stop throwing picks, Bradford, you stupid mother fucker. The defense and, somehow, DeMarco Murray earned you that win. Clean up your god damn act.

The Giants are shit.

allegro
10-23-2015, 11:30 PM
Aw, Toronto, I was rooting for you for the American League Pennant!!!! Bummer! :-(

But, now ... GO METS!!!!

richardp
10-24-2015, 01:26 AM
FUCKING ROYALS!!!!!Holy shit what an emotional roller coaster of a game. Davis with that unbelievable save!! My god, that was insane. Hopefully America will finally wake up and start giving us some credit. We're the best team in the MLB and no one seems to believe in us.

allegro
10-24-2015, 08:38 AM
Anybody who knows the stats is not surprised that the Royals won. And the Royals won the American League Pennant last year. And they'll probably win the World Series.

But I can still root for the Mets.

Kid Charlemagne
10-24-2015, 10:45 AM
Fuck the Mets.

allegro
10-24-2015, 11:14 AM
I'm a Tigers fan but at least I'm not mean.

TheyCallMeDrug
10-24-2015, 11:14 AM
Fuck the Mets.

LOL what team you crying over ATM?

Kid Charlemagne
10-24-2015, 11:49 AM
LOL what team you crying over ATM?
Nobody, but I hate how Mets fan comes out of their basement at the first sign of success like their asses haven't been spanked by Atlanta or Philadelphia for the past decade. This is one of the worst run franchises in American sports with awful contracts (Wright, I'm sure they're still paying Carlos Beltran) and have a chance of being the next Marlins by not being able to pay their guys at the end of the season (Murphy and Cespedes). I've always hated both New York Franchises, but at least the Yankees sort of give a shit and spend money and try to get the best player available. I can't say that about the Mets, the only positive is that they got a lot of homegrown farm system talent and good arms. Even with their best season in years, they still fuck up something as stupid as Matt Harvey's innings count. I fucking hate this team, they're the Clippers of the MLB and as soon as the Yankees or the Braves get back to prominence (probably next year), the Mets will go back to winning 70 games a season and nobody will care.

Rich is right about the Royals though. They went in this season with people saying they were going to win 10 less games and people handing the division over to the Tigers, and what do they do? They crush the season. Then before the playoffs even start, everyone is anointing the Cards and Blue Jays spots in the World Series. The Cards lost to an unprepared Cubs team and the Jays got exposed for having a terrible bullpen and guys that swing at every pitch, basically beating the Astros with more money who they actually beat in the ALDS. This team got no respect last year, very little this year, and they're easily the most complete team in the MLB. Consider that they they lost Billy "Country Breakfast" Butler, James Shields, Aoki, and Raul Ibanez and took chances on journeymen like Volquez, Morales, and Rios and become even better. Oh, and they've overcome Johnny Cueto, who they traded for just to have a #1 in their rotation, who has been average at best.
Ned Yost is awesome, the core guys they have make up the best roster in the MLB, they don't swing at everything, they have a superb bullpen, and are never out of it, but all we hear about it is how good the Mets are or how unlucky the Jays were to lose. As a baseball fan, what the Royals are doing is incredible with the amount of money they spend and how they kept their core in tact while taking chances on guys nobody wanted and beat in my opinion, two of the strongest lineups in the majors by going about it the right way. They've essentially done it the Cardinals way better than the actual Cardinals.

richardp
10-24-2015, 01:13 PM
This article totally sums up everything right about this team. We want it, we know we deserved it, and now we're going to finally take it. It's stunning to think of just how much better of a team we are from where we were LAST year in the World Series.

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/eric-hosmer-kansas-city-royals/

TheyCallMeDrug
10-24-2015, 01:18 PM
so because NY had some horrible years in the past and probably can't keep their better players next year people who have been fans of them for the past 30 years can't enjoy some success?

get off your high horse. haters are a dime a dozen.

edit: and L-O-L to your "at least the yankees, blah blah" bullshit argument. that pretty much outs you right there. 95% of the yankee's fans i know are happy for the mets and I live in the Bronx.

edit2: and after looking at your fantasy outlook this week, id worry more about how I'll be beating you over there than the mets :rolleyes:

Kid Charlemagne
10-24-2015, 01:55 PM
You can enjoy your success, just don't act like you're automatically winning the World Series because you beat arguably the two weakest teams in the post season. My point was backing onto what Richard said of how the Royals have gotten no respect while every major media outlet is gushing over the Mets as if they were this dynasty.

As for the Yankee fans, I won't argue that there's a decent amount of people that are happy for the Mets, but they'll be the first to go back to the Pinstripes as soon as they get competitive and once the Mets get down to earth finishing third in the NL East like every other year.

allegro
10-24-2015, 02:01 PM
The Cardinals should have beaten both the Cubs and the Mets but they had injuries. And the Mets outpitched the Cubs, for sure.

Meanwhile, there were all these Sox fans here in Chicago saying "Fuck the Cubs" which I really don't get, either.

I'll stick with hockey. Keith played an entire game with a torn meniscus.

TheyCallMeDrug
10-24-2015, 02:44 PM
You can enjoy your success, just don't act like you're automatically winning the World Series because you beat arguably the two weakest teams in the post season. My point was backing onto what Richard said of how the Royals have gotten no respect while every major media outlet is gushing over the Mets as if they were this dynasty.

As for the Yankee fans, I won't argue that there's a decent amount of people that are happy for the Mets, but they'll be the first to go back to the Pinstripes as soon as they get competitive and once the Mets get down to earth finishing third in the NL East like every other year.

I never said they were winning you said fuck the Mets and their fans outta nOwhere . Check the record.

was one of your ex's a Mets fan or somethin?

Kid Charlemagne
10-24-2015, 10:02 PM
I'm not calling you out personally, if you're a Mets fan so be it, but I think the amount of love they've been getting, more so than the Royals who I think are easily the better team, is insane considering all the obstacles I just laid out that KC had to go through just to get back here, and they've done it in an incredible manner.

Dra508
10-25-2015, 10:22 AM
My dad watches The Mets all the time so yeah, I gotta root for them.

TheyCallMeDrug
10-25-2015, 10:28 AM
i will say the media has been over the top with it's mets coverage. so if you dont like the mets you're gonna hate em after watching the news a few times.

Kid Charlemagne
10-25-2015, 10:36 AM
That's basically my biggest issue. I don't like the team to begin with, and the Cubs not showing up in the NLCS didn't make matters better. Especially for someone like me who listens to sports talk radio all day long to get through the work day, but that's my own fault.

richardp
10-25-2015, 11:03 AM
I'm not calling you out personally, if you're a Mets fan so be it, but I think the amount of love they've been getting, more so than the Royals who I think are easily the better team, is insane considering all the obstacles I just laid out that KC had to go through just to get back here, and they've done it in an incredible manner.

Exactly. Virtually none of the "experts" and baseball statitions pegged the Royals to make a return to the post-season. Everyone expected us to just drop off again and fall back into obscurity, but instead we break several records during the season, take the Division Championship, take the League Championship, and get a shot at the World Championship against all the odds, and yet no one is giving us credit and saying "wow, great job guys, we were wrong about you.", it's just "oh those fucking Royals are back. When are they going to go away".

I'm even willing to be if we do actually win the World Series this year, they're hardly be any "congratulations Royals, you finally did it!" it'll just be the sports media throwing endless shade on our team for no reason.

allegro
10-25-2015, 11:12 AM
and yet no one is giving us credit and saying "wow, great job guys, we were wrong about you.", it's just "oh those fucking Royals are back. When are they going to go away"

Hmmmmmmmm (http://www.si.com/mlb/2015/09/25/kansas-city-royals-al-central-playoffs)

Interesting (http://www.si.com/mlb/2015/10/21/royals-blue-jays-alcs-game-4-moneyball)

Very Interesting (http://espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs2015/story/_/page/playoffs15_WSMets-Royals/five-world-series-questions-newyork-mets-kansas-city-royals)

bruised
10-25-2015, 11:13 AM
Stop throwing picks, Bradford, you stupid mother fucker. The defense and, somehow, DeMarco Murray earned you that win. Clean up your god damn act.

The Giants are shit.

Still not looking forward to playing you guys, Eli always finds a way to beat us(get lucky).

Kid Charlemagne
10-25-2015, 11:58 AM
Exactly. Virtually none of the "experts" and baseball statitions pegged the Royals to make a return to the post-season. Everyone expected us to just drop off again and fall back into obscurity, but instead we break several records during the season, take the Division Championship, take the League Championship, and get a shot at the World Championship against all the odds, and yet no one is giving us credit and saying "wow, great job guys, we were wrong about you.", it's just "oh those fucking Royals are back. When are they going to go away".

I'm even willing to be if we do actually win the World Series this year, they're hardly be any "congratulations Royals, you finally did it!" it'll just be the sports media throwing endless shade on our team for no reason.

Pretty much. Been watching MLB Network/Baseball Tonight all weekend and I think all but three commentators picked the Mets and talked about how impressive they were rather than glossing over how great KC played in their series and up to that. It may have something to do with the media markets, very similar to how the Spurs were viewed in the NBA up until they beat up on Miami last year. KC isn't a huge market, which is probably the reason hardly anyone is making a big deal about them. Even when they were smoking teams early in the season, everything was more about how they're undisciplined rather than them being good. It's weird, from a baseball fan standpoint, this team should be beloved because they're doing everything in a classic manner, but they've sort of gone under the radar.

gorast
10-25-2015, 05:34 PM
Still not looking forward to playing you guys, Eli always finds a way to beat us(get lucky).
Who're you with? Whoever it is, probably 60/40 on your side depending on which version of Bradford shows up.

bruised
10-26-2015, 10:35 PM
Who're you with? Whoever it is, probably 60/40 on your side depending on which version of Bradford shows up.
Patriots my dude, The Jets and Giants always play us hard.

Sarah K
10-26-2015, 10:52 PM
Flacco looks clutch for a bit and then pisses it all away in the end. WHERE HAVE WE SEEN THIS BEFORE?!

TheyCallMeDrug
10-27-2015, 09:02 PM
if you guys hate the mets you must be lovin these announcers.

joe buck and his assclowns must think the mets joined ISIS or some shit

#fuckjoebuck

Kid Charlemagne
10-27-2015, 11:38 PM
I think he's been pretty down the middle with being a bad commentator to be honest. He's a STL guy, so he'll throw shade at the Royals but also at the rest of the NL, this guy hates his job so much. And this isn't nearly as bad as his commentary during the Cowboys/Giants game this past Sunday.

october_midnight
10-28-2015, 08:38 AM
I actually don't mind Joe Buck, he seems like an alright guy...but come on.

https://vine.co/v/eYXtadVg1gb

Tums206_BFY
10-28-2015, 12:44 PM
Ugh I believe in all three of my losses in FF I have scored over 100 points. Enjoyed the Mets and Royals game yesterday, both teams IMO are evenly matched so it should be a very fun series to watch. Chris Young coming in and working those last few innings did an outstanding job, so did Colon as well.

TheyCallMeDrug
10-28-2015, 08:12 PM
why is alex rodriguez announcing during the world series???

is fox really trolling us this hard? :mad:

TheyCallMeDrug
10-28-2015, 08:54 PM
"all 84 pitches he's (degrom) thrown tonight have been under distress" - Harold Reyonlds

and this is after they talked about degrom being cool and easy first 3 innings. these guys are complete morons.

at least verducci learned quick to use some stats in his comments and shut up a lot more.

p.s. kurt vile is a much better soundtrack to this game than these assclowns

Kid Charlemagne
10-29-2015, 12:05 AM
Tom Verducci has always been my guy, liked him when he was writing for SI, and I like him now.

Buck and Harold Reynolds make it hard for me to watch Fox's coverage.

Rubeninphoenix
10-30-2015, 02:10 AM
What a crazy game between ASU and Oregon. 3 OTs needed.

Dra508
10-30-2015, 05:41 AM
First place ETS fantasy football biotches!! Well, only in first by a razor thin less than 1/2 a point, but whatever

Now, time to take on the next battle Sarah K. I'm coming for ya!

Sarah K
10-30-2015, 07:40 AM
Brady went HAM last night. Haha. But I have NE defense, and they also did better than projected. You'll probably win!

Next week, I have six players on a Bye. So that'll be interesting.

TheyCallMeDrug
10-30-2015, 08:16 PM
"I don't know about you but it looks like they're playing on some fast dirt tonight." - Harold Reyonlds

LOOOOOOOOOL. fast dirt....looool.

TheyCallMeDrug
10-30-2015, 09:53 PM
verducci is winning me over. in reference to Reyonlds bringing up that first pitch ad nausea:

"That first pitch was (syndergaard) saying 'Hello. My name is Thor'"

Lol

edit: yea i can officially stomach verducci, lol. it's still funny as hell watching reyonlds and buck try to come up with positive mets comments in this blow out

richardp
10-30-2015, 11:12 PM
I feel like we gave that game to the Mets. It's whatever. We've got Chris Young starting tomorrow and he's a fucking machine. I still feel super comfortable about us winning this year.

Kid Charlemagne
10-30-2015, 11:17 PM
verducci is winning me over. in reference to Reyonlds bringing up that first pitch ad nausea:

"That first pitch was (syndergaard) saying 'Hello. My name is Thor'"

Lol

edit: yea i can officially stomach verducci, lol. it's still funny as hell watching reyonlds and buck try to come up with positive mets comments in this blow out
Don't know if anything compares to Pete Rose, he's complete drunk uncle when he's featured. I love this man.

Also, what the fuck is up with A-Rod? He's a phenomenal on the coverage. He's professional, he knows what he's talking about. Dare I say, I like A-Rod?

binaryhermit
10-31-2015, 07:20 AM
But he's A-Roid.

TheyCallMeDrug
10-31-2015, 12:46 PM
if a rod wants to become an announcer he should do it when he's not actively playing baseball and dragging the sport through the mud with his PED scandals.

Sarah K
10-31-2015, 01:03 PM
Baseball fans still pretend that most of the players aren't using PEDs?

Kid Charlemagne
10-31-2015, 02:08 PM
Baseball fans still pretend that most of the players aren't using PEDs?
I don't think it's quite as rampant as it was in the 90's or even 10 years ago. In fact, hitting numbers have been down in recent years which makes sense when you factor in how hard they tried to crack down on it. It's naive to think in any sports PED's aren't used in some way, big or small.

Not saying A-Rod is absolved of anything he's done since entering the league, but he's been good at announcing, and his interaction with that whole Fox Sports crew is entertaining and despite that he's been divisive on the diamond, he's a smart enough guy to talk about the game at least and share some insight on it. I would have more of a problem with it if he were just some dummy who can't put together a complete thought (like any current NBA player who joins TNT during the playoffs, good grief).

TheyCallMeDrug
10-31-2015, 10:05 PM
i have no problem with his commentary. im sure its great he has an amazing baseball mind.

but he shouldn't be active in the mlb, with recent scandals, and still be allowed to announce. he was in the postseason ffs.

just retire and be an announcer if thats the plan and end it. every move this guy makes reeks of 'i did it for the money'.

Sarah K
11-01-2015, 06:04 PM
Just kidding, Dra508... Palmer went wild. As well as Justin Tucker again. Hahaha.

NO MORE FIRST PLACE FOR YOU.

Dra508
11-01-2015, 06:53 PM
Just kidding, Dra508... Palmer went wild. As well as Justin Tucker again. Hahaha.

NO MORE FIRST PLACE FOR YOU.

Waaaaaaaaa. And now I no tight end.

gorast
11-01-2015, 09:33 PM
Broncos are fucking up the Packers right now. It's hilarious that the team everyone says shouldn't be 6-0 is whipping the fully accepted 6-0 team. Broncos defense is too good, Rodgers has no weapons, and Peyton went back in time to be a baller again. Great game so far.

TheyCallMeDrug
11-01-2015, 11:05 PM
i just left the world series game early and got home in lightning speed.

i dont fuck with extra innings. mets should have clinched it tonight but too many errors. they need a miracle.

thevoid99
11-01-2015, 11:38 PM
And your winners are..... the Kansas City Royals!!!!!!!

Tums206_BFY
11-02-2015, 12:24 AM
Congrats to the Royals one of the best teams in MLB the last couple years can now wear the crown. I believe the Mets led every game this series too, they got a nice pitching staff to build a possible contender for a few years.

Aaron Rodgers' shit game probably doomed my team to it's third straight lost in FF. My Hawks limp to their Bye week at 4-4 could have been worst I suppose but honestly they need to go 6-2 after the bye to make the playoffs hopefully they come out looking better. Reset man.

richardp
11-02-2015, 12:39 AM
http://pubsys.kansascity.com/static/worldseries/world-series-sized3.jpg

FUCK. YES.

allegro
11-02-2015, 09:57 AM
Congrats, they did a great job.

Sarah K
11-02-2015, 10:52 AM
Waaaaaaaaa. And now I no tight end.

Trade me something for Jimmy Graham!

Almost everyone I have is on a Bye this week. :|

richardp
11-02-2015, 10:58 AM
So fucking proud of Kansas City as whole. Not just the team. These past two seasons have brought this entire city closer than I've ever seen it in my 26 years of living here. People are genuinely nicer and friendlier to each other now, and when we won last night, NO FIGHTS, NO ACTS OF VANDALISM, AND NO ARRESTS were made. We literally partied until the sun came up, and our police officers even joined in.

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/t31.0-8/12186735_10153193205897742_8286680282076994863_o.j pg

Last night was how you celebrate a World Series win with class, *COUGH* San Francisco. Just people hugging and high fiving strangers for hours. Our local news station even stayed on until like 2 am and all got shit faced on air.

I didn't sleep last night, and I'm still in the same sweaty clothes and haven't changed. It all feels like a dream. I still can't believe we did this. I'm getting choked up just thinking about it right now. Truly one of the best moments of my life, last night. Goddamn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59RtWbj-67M

Dra508
11-02-2015, 03:21 PM
This is good to hear since I am flying into KC right now and was thinking my quick one day trip was putting me in the middle of a riot. Congrats KC.

valiantsteed
11-02-2015, 03:44 PM
i just left the world series game early and got home in lightning speed.

Let me get this straight. You left an extra innings World Series game to "get home early"? Why even go at all? Next time give your tickets to someone who will actually appreciate them. That's just sad. And your little air of impressiveness with yourself for doing so just makes it that much worse. For shame.

TheyCallMeDrug
11-02-2015, 04:02 PM
lol, ok boss!

being able to spend my hard earned money and make adult decisions about what i wanted to do with my time was so much fun though! you got a cell phone i can reach you at so i can double check with you before i make anymore shameful decisions in the future?

TheyCallMeDrug
11-02-2015, 04:13 PM
and congrats to KC. they def outplayed the mets and made them bleed for any slight mistake they made.

it was a painful series to watch as a mets fan but KC def deserved it.

valiantsteed
11-02-2015, 11:47 PM
lol, ok boss!

being able to spend my hard earned money and make adult decisions about what i wanted to do with my time was so much fun though! you got a cell phone i can reach you at so i can double check with you before i make anymore shameful decisions in the future?

Hey congrats my mistake you are an adult and you can make your own decisions I wouldn't have guessed that, but it still doesn't make it any less of a douche bag move. Just like how I can go to a movie and buy my own ticket and talk and text all the way through if I want to. Or go to a steakhouse and order an expensive piece of meat and take one bite and change my mind and send it back. But it's ok you keep on as you are because you're an adult and can do what you want and it's your God given right as an American to be an embarrassment if you so choose.

Its the World Series. People wait their whole lives to have a chance to be able to witness something like that. You clearly couldn't care enough about the outcome to stay till the end because you wanted to get home early of all things, and took a seat from someone who would've killed to have been there. GOOD for you!

icecream
11-03-2015, 03:56 AM
Wow, the Canucks are doing better than I thought. These rookies are killing it. But the Pacific is weak so far. Only the Kings have been doing well. Anaheim is too good of a team to be doing so poorly. Once they click they will be near the top of the Pacific, along with the Kings.

For the Habs (my team in the East), I still doubt their improvement from last season. Semin hasn't been the winger I was wanting. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I don't think they are a contender club many are considering them to be. By the deadline I hope they add some scoring depth to help out Max Pacioretty and the talent up front.

TheyCallMeDrug
11-03-2015, 07:10 AM
till the end because you wanted to get home early of all things, and took a seat from someone who would've killed to have been there. GOOD for you!

who did i take the seat from that would have killed for it? a broke bitch like yourself who couldn't afford the $350 ticket that was available 2 hours before the game off stubhub? get a job loser.

it's pretty funny these is your first posts in almost 3 months. go back under your bridge troll.

Dra508
11-03-2015, 07:22 AM
I wish y'all have stuck around, but to each his own eh?

Let's talk about how I lost my ETS FF game and stayed in first! Wha wha :). Sarah K

Sarah K
11-03-2015, 08:04 AM
Ain't that some shit.

Rubeninphoenix
11-03-2015, 09:14 AM
Kaepernick's getting benched in SF. What a downfall that guy has had.

In other news, Colts lost again. I dunno what has happened with them this season especially after having such high hopes after all the signings they made in the off-season. Granted, all guys in their 30s but still, they were good players at much needed positions.

TheyCallMeDrug
11-03-2015, 09:23 AM
I wish y'all have stuck around, but to each his own eh?

Let's talk about how I lost my ETS FF game and stayed in first! Wha wha :). Sarah K

Congrats! My team slipped hard this week and eli was on my bench with that crazy game. Looks like the standings largely stayed the same.

valiantsteed
11-03-2015, 09:39 AM
a broke bitch like yourself who couldn't afford the $350 ticket that was available 2 hours before the game off stubhub? get a job loser.

I know you actually think spending that kind of money on something you don't care about at all makes you cool, because hey being belligerently wasteful is just so hot these days, right? As long as you get that selfie to post on facebook so you could show everyone where you were, while spending the whole game texting and maybe looking up occasionally to participate in the wave or t-shirt toss, it's money well spent!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=122&v=cjMsl18D6Jg

TheyCallMeDrug
11-03-2015, 10:11 AM
I know you actually think spending that kind of money on something you don't care about at all makes you cool, because hey being belligerently wasteful is just so hot these days, right? As long as you get that selfie to post on facebook so you could show everyone where you were

This isn't your personal soapbox or a rant thread. No one cares about your problems with society. Go complain in the rant thread next time Nancy.

Sarah K
11-03-2015, 10:21 AM
That game last night was so crazy. Nothing happened until the 4th quarter, then Luck went wild and almost pulled it off. Amazing.

gorast
11-03-2015, 10:25 AM
Jesus Christ. Take it to PMs or something, just get this shit out of here.

I would take Kaep over to the Eagles in an instant. 49ers organization ruined him like they ruined everything Harbaugh did. A move into a non-toxic managerial environment will do him wonders.

TheyCallMeDrug
11-03-2015, 12:26 PM
clydesofly is back for the season! best part of the knicks right now unfortunately.

http://www.instagram.com/clydesofly

richardp
11-03-2015, 04:24 PM
https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t31.0-8/12189327_10153141248812823_5746689104619363214_o.j pg

Royals World Celebration Parade today in KC!!! The city LITERALLY shut down. Businesses, schools, everything. EVERYONE showed up at this thing. It was absolutely amazing. I was pretty far in the back and couldn't hear the players' speeches, but whatever, I was apart of this historic gathering.

Over half a million (estimating c̶l̶o̶s̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶7̶̶̶5̶̶̶0̶̶̶,̶̶̶0̶̶̶0̶̶̶0̶̶̶ over 800,000) people. This photo only shows about half of that. You guys have no idea how crazy this was in person.

TheyCallMeDrug
11-04-2015, 12:12 AM
that picture is impressive every time i catch it. congrats to you guys, im glad it went to a team who without a doubt deserved it.

i hope i'll get to attend a mets generated nyc ticker-tape in the next few years :)

richardp
11-04-2015, 12:17 AM
https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xat1/t31.0-8/s2048x2048/12185495_10153329294449094_3062390879991051875_o.j pg

Largest gathering in the state of Missouri's history. Traffic didn't start getting decongested until about 9pm tonight. Just an unbelievable feeling to be apart of this today.

Dra508
11-04-2015, 06:25 PM
https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xat1/t31.0-8/s2048x2048/12185495_10153329294449094_3062390879991051875_o.j pg

Largest gathering in the state of Missouri's history. Traffic didn't start getting decongested until about 9pm tonight. Just an unbelievable feeling to be apart of this today.

Wow, so glad I left Overland Park and drove that circle around the city to get back to the airport. It was nice to see many people wearing Royals gear.

The city, the fans will be on a natural high for a while. Boston had it in '04. Nothing could bother a Sox fan back then.

richardp
11-04-2015, 07:38 PM
Wow, so glad I left Overland Park and drove that circle around the city to get back to the airport. It was nice to see many people wearing Royals gear.

The city, the fans will be on a natural high for a while. Boston had it in '04. Nothing could bother a Sox fan back then.

Yeah that was definitely a good call. A lot of people were literally ditching their cars on the highways right inside the city. It was nuts. Kind of looked like the Walking Dead.

And the best part about this, out of the 800,000+ (twice the size of KCMOs population, not counting other surrounding metro cities) people, there were only THREE arrests.

gorast
11-04-2015, 08:54 PM
It would be great to be part of something like that, some day.

But I live in Tampa.

icecream
11-06-2015, 03:08 AM
It would be great to be part of something like that, some day.

But I live in Tampa.
The Lightning might win a cup soon :p

Wonder how that attendance would be. 1,000 people max?

TheyCallMeDrug
11-07-2015, 12:30 AM
my fantasy squad is lookin sad since bell and smith died last week. i thought i grabbed deangelo williams but i think i got fucked by priority, oh well. hopefully my wins so far and a few more will get my into the playoffs.

Sarah K
11-07-2015, 09:50 PM
Kid Charlemagne omg... That fucking game tonight!

That shit was crazy. That felt like an actual Nebraska game again. The crowd was actually in it. The boys were hyped up, and they upset one of the best teams in the country.

I thought for sure they were going to lose at the last moment again!

gorast
11-08-2015, 01:40 PM
Packers are getting dunked on. Hysterical.

If the Panthers hold onto this, I think people will finally shut up about them not being the real deal. They obviously have problems on offense, and I think Cam will run into something he can't carry the team through eventually, but they have looked great all season, and they're still undefeated. I like it.

Kid Charlemagne
11-08-2015, 07:20 PM
@Kid Charlemagne (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=92) omg... That fucking game tonight!

That shit was crazy. That felt like an actual Nebraska game again. The crowd was actually in it. The boys were hyped up, and they upset one of the best teams in the country.

I thought for sure they were going to lose at the last moment again!
This was insane. MSU played awful, like they have all season and I was for certain thinking that they'd pull it out...then the play. Kudos to Nebraska for not giving up after being down 12 in the 4th and then charging downfield to score. Connor Cook at the end though was hard to watch. My girlfriend kept saying, why doesn't he just throw it away, then it was too late. MSU has played like this all season and it finally caught up with them. Thing is, I think they can beat Ohio State and still win the conference. I honestly have no idea who can win the conference, because Michigan, State, and OSU could all have one loss at the end and it's just a matter of time before Iowa slips up. I'm still bummed though, I thought this was their best chance to win a national title.

Substance242
11-09-2015, 02:20 AM
So, another beautiful Moto GP season is over, what a finale! Moto GP and BTCC, the most interesting sports these years to me.

elevenism
11-09-2015, 05:34 PM
Dirk Nowitzki: The Perfect Shot is now available to stream on Netflix.
It's a decent documentary.
Dirk is seriously, honestly my hero, and has been one of the most inspirational figures in my life.

TheyCallMeDrug
11-10-2015, 04:48 PM
disappointing theres a few people who aren't keeping their fantasy team current in ets. skews things, but oh well.

Dra508
11-12-2015, 09:13 AM
disappointing theres a few people who aren't keeping their fantasy team current in ets. skews things, but oh well.I agree. Clearly the only way I'd be #1 :D

I'm taking on my favorite nemesis Kid Charlemagne this week. RAWR

Sarah K
11-12-2015, 09:18 AM
I was fucked last week. I had 6 guys on a Bye. But 4 of them who I didn't want to part with. So I just swapped a couple of things and took the L. Hopefully this week goes better. I think I lost by like 50 or some shit. Lolll

I'm sitting in the front row for Nebraska/Rutgers on Saturday... If these tickets get here in time!

TheyCallMeDrug
11-12-2015, 04:35 PM
back in nba mode. rooting for the knicks can be rough though.

porzingis had an almost amazing buzzer 3 to win last night.

clyde frazier is amazing to listen to every game. and then there's this.

https://igcdn-photos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xtp1/t51.2885-15/e35/12224163_1481771968798004_242696994_n.jpg

Kid Charlemagne
11-12-2015, 09:22 PM
back in nba mode. rooting for the knicks can be rough though.

porzingis had an almost amazing buzzer 3 to win last night.

clyde frazier is amazing to listen to every game. and then there's this.

https://igcdn-photos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xtp1/t51.2885-15/e35/12224163_1481771968798004_242696994_n.jpg

I'll be honest, I like this Knicks team. I don't think they'll compete for a title with Carmelo, but Kristaps is so good, him and Karl Anthony-Towns look the most NBA ready out of all the rookies. Kristaps reminds me of Dirk Nowitzki, if Dirk had a set of balls and played inside. I'm on that bandwagon. If the Knicks can flip Melo for some picks and draft a couple of good complementary players, this team will be good for the next decade.

TheyCallMeDrug
11-14-2015, 09:55 AM
im a knicks fan for life but they've been tough to watch the past couple games.

i like porzingis but he's obviously frustrating melo and thats never a good way to make chemistry. melo doesnt wanna give up the ball and is putting up horrible shots subsequently and the few times the new guys get a chance theyve noobed it up. hopefully they sort things out and start to gel.

after wednesdays game against the raptors, which was actually played well, with a bad buzzer loss and last nights shit show against the cavs with a deserved loss they need to get something going. a win against the pelicans tomorrow will hopefully get this back on track.

Kid Charlemagne
11-14-2015, 12:15 PM
Keep in mind that the past few games, you kept close with arguably the two best teams in the East, compared to last season where the Knicks were getting boatraced by the top teams. If anything, this team is more competitive which is great. I've always liked the Knicks (except the 1999 season for obvious reasons), and do think the NBA is better when they're competitive.

I like and cringe when I see that a good number of Porzingas' points are putbacks from Melo misses. I like how athletic he is because I didn't expect him to jump out of the gym like that, but I cringe because I don't understand why Melo has a green light to shoot like he's Steph Curry.

Honestly, if this team doesn't make the playoffs this year, Fisher has got to go, I don't think the players respect him. I don't know if he knows how to properly run the triangle, and I don't know if he's head coach material. I'd like to see someone like Tom Thibadeou coach this team, he could get the most out of these guys and make Porzingas a 20-10 guy.

TheyCallMeDrug
11-14-2015, 12:29 PM
i dont see them doing very well until they sort out their shooting issues. calderon and vujacic are their only real shooters besides melo and none have been spectacular.

id really like to see them pull back to .500 before dipping too far down with the L's.

Kid Charlemagne
11-14-2015, 01:19 PM
i dont see them doing very well until they sort out their shooting issues. calderon and vujacic are their only real shooters besides melo and none have been spectacular.

id really like to see them pull back to .500 before dipping too far down with the L's.
This team has very little offense to be honest. Melo is a good scorer, but he's not exactly a pure shooter and he's a guy who when he gets locked down on D, he starts getting very lazy. His deal is crippling the team, they need a nice swingman who can go out there and score when Melo is being double teamed.

Best thing about this team is they play in the East, and 37 games may get them in the playoffs.

thevoid99
11-15-2015, 12:21 AM
I don't fucking believe it: http://www.cagesideseats.com/2015/11/15/9737358/ufc-193-results-ronda-rousey-holly-holm

Piko
11-15-2015, 12:23 AM
Yeah, she got her ass handed to her. I really thought she was going to win. Holm did a lot of running. But, then Ronda starts gets sloppy and starts charging and missing. The finish was so quick. It took a couple minutes for me to have an actual reaction. Holm was the better fighter tonight.

perceptionnexus
11-15-2015, 12:38 AM
Yeah, she got her ass handed to her. I really thought she was going to win. Holm did a lot of running. But, then Ronda starts gets sloppy and starts charging and missing. The finish was so quick. It took a couple minutes for me to have an actual reaction. Holm was the better fighter tonight.

Without a doubt. Rousey was a mess tonight, and Holm just kind of danced around her. It looked like she was going for a couple submission attempts in the first round that went sour and she seemed to be getting desperate after that heading into round 2. Congrats to Holm, she's still undefeated and now the woman to beat. The re-match will have an amazing build up, I'm sure.

Sarah K
11-15-2015, 12:48 AM
I'm super interested in hearing what Ronda has to say about it. Will she give props, will she make excuses, etc.

Piko
11-15-2015, 12:58 AM
I'm super interested in hearing what Ronda has to say about it. Will she give props, will she make excuses, etc.

She usually seems pretty humble. I can't imagine her making excuses. It's clear as day what happened. I think she gets a grace period, though. Her face (mouth especially) took a beating.

thevoid99
11-15-2015, 01:12 AM
I just hope Ronda gets the chance to rebuild herself and then get that rematch. Not immediately but the chance to get back up and prove why she's great.

Rdm
11-15-2015, 05:29 AM
She usually seems pretty humble. I can't imagine her making excuses. It's clear as day what happened. I think she gets a grace period, though. Her face (mouth especially) took a beating.

Im really happy ronda lost, I actually called Holly winning with a head kick. Too bad I didn't bet any money.

Ronda is such a cunt, she is the farthest from being humble

Sarah K
11-15-2015, 10:35 AM
Why is she a "cunt"?

gorast
11-15-2015, 11:45 AM
Ronda has been trying to act a lot like Conor McGregor lately - lots of trash talk to try and hype her fights. The difference is that Ronda gets very emotional about a fight that she's hyped up and she starts simply acting disrespectful. Trying to goad Holly into a conflict at the weigh-in, not touching gloves when Holly didn't do anything to provoke that - Conor is always respectful of his opponent when it comes time to fight, even if he throws some shit-talk around during it.

I don't think that makes her a cunt, though. She's had a ton of success by getting people to try and rush her down, and humbling them with an armbar. Her striking has always been shit and we saw that when she stood up with Correia last time. She knocked Correia out because Correia was doing the same shit that Ronda did for this fight - obnoxious trash talk, no respect before the fight, and then she gets bodied. This fight had all the makings of being the same - Holly got thrown into the fire when everyone expected boring-ass Tate-Rousey III, and it reeked of trying something new for the sake of trying something new. Manufactured hype when Holly theoretically had no way to take Ronda out. So Ronda generated that last-minute hype by being obnoxious at the weigh-in and following through at the fight itself. But she also gave Holly tons of credit in every interview leading up to the fight. On Fallon, she said that this would be her longest fight, that Holly wouldn't rush in, that her takedown defense was outstanding, and that it would be a grind. She was right, she just didn't expect the outcome. I don't think she expected to get gassed, I don't think she expected her armbar attempt to be stuffed so easily, and I don't think she expected that her wild swinging wouldn't rock Holly. Maybe she was overconfident from the get-go, or maybe her camp and coaches are shit (they are) and they set her up to fail by not teaching her actual MMA skills.

Holly always tries to keep her cool, she shows respect, she doesn't drum up a ton of shit. She may not be a hype fighter, but she's very technically sound in her stand-up, and she and her camp knew exactly where to poke holes in Ronda's game to take her out, both mentally and physically. Ronda was simply outfought because she's never been a complete package and most people don't see that because her opponents go dumb against her and fall right into the judo trap. Holly didn't do it and she won.

We should all get ready for the anti-Ronda circlejerk to kick into full fucking gear now, though. Two days ago Ronda was still unstoppable, sure, people wanted Holly to win, but no one actually thought she would. I was horrified every time Ronda caught her. But now, you're going to see people saying that she isn't somehow the best female fighter in the world just because Holly exposed her flaws. She is, because she knows how to put almost everyone in her division away. She just couldn't do it with Holly.

There's no need to throw around ugly words at her just because she lost and talked shit. Disrespectful? Absolutely. Arrogant? Certainly. A cunt? Come on. Pre-game hype isn't reflective of how Ronda is. She's over-exposed and sure, MMA fans were getting tired of it. But she got knocked on her ass and she got humbled, and she won't be the same. Everybody just relax and enjoy that the division will finally be competitive again.

Sarah K
11-15-2015, 01:39 PM
Since I didn't think that Ben was going to play, I also benched Bryant.

I regret my decision.

bruised
11-15-2015, 01:55 PM
Rhonda losing was awesome, about time someone stepped up. Also, pretty bummed I can't watch the Pats/Giants game. I hate the Giants.

Piko
11-15-2015, 02:31 PM
It was only a matter of time until someone stepped up to beat her. No one expected now to be the time though. That kick was devastating. Bad enough to put Rousey in the hospital.

TheyCallMeDrug
11-15-2015, 03:55 PM
go eli go!

Fifey
11-15-2015, 04:16 PM
LIONS!!! This is what I imagine a Superbowl win feels like! I was still in grade school the last time the Lions won in Green Bay. I don't care that we're only 2-7 (today). We beat the Packers! In Green Bay!

thevoid99
11-15-2015, 09:33 PM
Let's see, the Lions win. The Panthers and the Patriots are undefeated, still. Oh, and the Cowboys lose again!!!!!

TheyCallMeDrug
11-15-2015, 10:39 PM
and lynch just kept hope alive in my money league with that TD. im lookin decent to pull into 1st in ets fantasy this week too. good stuff all around.

Archive_Reports
11-20-2015, 11:52 AM
Going to my first Avalanche game next weekend in Denver! So stoked.

elevenism
11-20-2015, 12:03 PM
the mavericks have pulled into the number 3 spot in the west and are only a game and a half behind San Antonio.

I really wanna see some good seasons these last few years that Nowitzki plays.

TheyCallMeDrug
11-21-2015, 11:58 AM
knicks are +500!

if melo and porzingis can gel this could really open up doors for a solid player or two to come to ny and then we can make a real team. nyc is an amazing basketball market dying for a decent team.

Dr Channard
11-22-2015, 12:04 AM
the mavericks have pulled into the number 3 spot in the west and are only a game and a half behind San Antonio.

I really wanna see some good seasons these last few years that Nowitzki plays.

The Mavericks had some good runs over the years with Dirk, but it‘s over for them as well as the Spurs as far as championship hopes. The real questions, barring any injuries, are how many wins will the Warriors rack up before they finally lose one? And will Cleveland get it together enough to really challenge the Warriors in the finals this year? Golden State is a wrecking ball right now and the rest of the league looks like a house of cards against them so far.

The 95–96 Chicago Bulls were an extremely talented team that rampaged through what was at that time an extraordinarily mediocre league for 72 wins. It would be incredibly tough for the Warriors to keep on pace for 72 wins, but man early on does it ever look like the same kind of recipe shaping up this season.

Big Fat Matt
11-22-2015, 12:12 AM
Psarty the fuck on! Beat them buckeyws. Next xtop big gtehn hcmapss

elevenism
11-22-2015, 01:09 AM
The Mavericks had some good runs over the years with Dirk, but it‘s over for them as well as the Spurs as far as championship hopes. The real questions, barring any injuries, are how many wins will the Warriors rack up before they finally lose one? And will Cleveland get it together enough to really challenge the Warriors in the finals this year? Golden State is a wrecking ball right now and the rest of the league looks like a house of cards against them so far.

The 95–96 Chicago Bulls were an extremely talented team that rampaged through what was at that time an extraordinarily mediocre league for 72 wins. It would be incredibly tough for the Warriors to keep on pace for 72 wins, but man early on does it ever look like the same kind of recipe shaping up this season.
i don't expect dallas to go to the finals again, but i sure would like to see them play for the conference championship, just to do Dirk some justice you know?
i can honestly say that he is my hero.
but i don't think we'll be talking about dallas as serious contenders for at LEAST a few years, when Dirk is a memory.

As far as it being "over" though, i'm an MFFL (mavs fan for life,) so it's NEVER over ;)

I moved to dallas when i was 8 (in 88,) cheered for them when they were the worst team in the league, got my heart broken the first time we lost in the finals, cried tears of vindication and joy when we swept the lakers, was honestly shocked that we beat the heat, and skipped work for early morning beer drinking and attending the victory parade with 250,000 other jubilant dallasites as we watched dirk butcher Queen's We Are the Champions and caught glimpses of him, jason kidd, Jet Terry and the rest of the crew

i fucking LOVE the mavericks. My parents started taking me to West Texas State games as soon as i was old enough to walk, and when we moved to Dallas, it became all about the mavs, because i was raised to root for the motherfucking home team.

But i agree. Dallas won't be a dominant force in the west until we are talking about a younger, revamped and rebuilt ball club.
That being said, it's still fun to watch the mavs. It's not depressing like in football (dallas cowboys cough cough) where there are so few games that once you're fucked for the year, you're fucked ;)

Dr Channard
11-22-2015, 12:24 PM
i don't expect dallas to go to the finals again, but i sure would like to see them play for the conference championship, just to do Dirk some justice you know?

As a personal fan of good team basketball in general, the Mavs have a team of sound veteran players with experience. If they stay healthy they should have a solid season and may even make some noise in the playoffs. Same goes for the Spurs.

I moved to dallas when i was 8 (in 88,) cheered for them when they were the worst team in the league, got my heart broken the first time we lost in the finals, cried tears of vindication and joy when we swept the lakers…

I just remember J.J. Barea making the Lakers look silly in that series. That sweep was the undoing of that Lakers team, and the orginization or Kobe have still not recovered from it.

…was honestly shocked that we beat the heat, and skipped work for early morning beer drinking and attending the victory parade with 250,000 other jubilant dallasites as we watched dirk butcher Queen's We Are the Champions and caught glimpses of him, jason kidd, Jet Terry and the rest of the crew

Because of his pairing of size and skill set, Dirk has been one of the most unique players the league has seen. Unfortunately the Mavs as an organization didn’t consistently put better complimentary pieces around Dirk to make the team a more perennial contender, like the Spurs did with Duncan. If only Steve Nash had stuck it out in Dallas, they might now have 2 or 3 champion banners instead of just the one. It was one of the most confounding things watching Dallas meltdown in the opening round against 8th seed Golden State in 07, and I can’t see that having happened if Nash had still been there. I think Dallas got bounced in the first round of the playoffs for the next three years straight after that 07 waxing. I just think that was a huge ego blow for Dirk and the Mavs that unfortunately set them back several years and stymied a potential Mavericks dynasty. But I was impressed to see Dallas get it together for that 2011 championship run.

Sarah K
11-23-2015, 12:30 PM
Supposedly LSU is going to buy out the contract of Les Miles.

Lame.

TheyCallMeDrug
11-24-2015, 08:08 PM
shitty week for me in fantasy but ill take the win. still in first, time to make some room on you guys.

Dra508
11-25-2015, 11:31 AM
shitty week for me in fantasy but ill take the win. still in first, time to make some room on you guys.seriously, I'm in a downward spiral. Need to hold on for the playoffs.

In other sporting news, I went to a EPL match last weekend. So-much-fun I must have smiled the whole time. Freaking cold, but probably dressed.

Oh yeah, and I just got free ticket to tomorrow's Cowboys - Panthers game. First time at Jerry's World.

Sarah K
12-03-2015, 09:57 PM
Packers O-line is fucking shamefully awful right now.

Big Fat Matt
12-05-2015, 10:12 PM
I swear, these fucking spartans need to get their shit together. My heart cant take these close games,.

Archive_Reports
12-06-2015, 09:25 AM
Anyone want to hook me up with some fantasy advice? I need a win to clinch the division.

Pick two (1/2 PPR): Decker, Ivory, Amendola.

october_midnight
12-06-2015, 09:28 AM
Packers O-line is fucking shamefully awful right now.

Only because of injuries though. Also:

http://cbssports.com/images/blogs/Aaron_Rodgers_Hail_Mary_Most_Amazing_Game_Of_My_Li fe.jpg

TheyCallMeDrug
12-09-2015, 02:02 PM
gl in the playoffs everyone. happy i took 1st for the season!

Archive_Reports
12-09-2015, 07:32 PM
http://www.theplayerstribune.com/patrick-osullivan-nhl-abuse/

This is intense.

thevoid99
12-13-2015, 03:29 PM
You know something. As much as I love the Falcons and I will be a Falcons fans for life but I knew they weren't going to beat the Panthers. What I didn't expect was for them to get their asses kicked like that. 28-0 in the first half only to eventually lose 38-0 in the end. And this picture says it all...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CWIr9-_UEAA-XcB.jpg

Sarah K
12-13-2015, 03:39 PM
I want the Panthers to go undefeated *SO* bad.

gorast
12-13-2015, 05:17 PM
A 1995 expansion team being the first since 1972 to have a true perfect season would be great. It seems like they've always been the best overall of the expansion teams since '95.

Eagles told LeSean McCoy to eat shit today. I'll always love what he did for us as a player, but good God, you're not the first fucker to be traded, and you need to get the fuck over it. I don't care if you've lived in Pennsylvania your whole life, this is your fucking job and you make millions. You deserved to be shut down the way you were today. Pull your head out of your ass and move on. We don't want you back.

thevoid99
12-13-2015, 08:55 PM
I want the Panthers to go undefeated *SO* bad.

And as much as I never want to go against the Falcons, I too want to see the Panthers go all the way to the Super Bowl.... undefeated. Just once in my lifetime, see a team do the impossible and make it to Super Bowl undefeated and win it. I know there's probably those who are much older than us that probably saw the Miami Dolphins did that in the early 1970s. Why not us?

Tums206_BFY
12-15-2015, 01:45 PM
I want revenge! Hopefully the Hawks end the season hot and take out both the Cardinals and Panthers in the Playoffs. BTW Russell Wilson should be an MVP Candidate at the very least, his stats are better than Cam Newton's but I suppose I understand why he is the front runner and got nothing against that but I am just saying Russ is killing it. Hopefully the Hawks win at least 2 out their 3 last games and secure the 5th seed to face the NFC East champ.

Dra508
12-18-2015, 12:29 PM
ETS FF playoffs - Battling Sarah Kfor a spot in the finals! Whoop woop.

Sarah K
12-18-2015, 01:16 PM
I lucked out that I had a Bye last week. I would have lost my ass against anyone, probably.

TheyCallMeDrug
12-20-2015, 08:23 PM
im about to lose because i left sanders on my bench. oh well, good season everyone.

Conan The Barbarian
12-21-2015, 12:14 PM
And as much as I never want to go against the Falcons, I too want to see the Panthers go all the way to the Super Bowl.... undefeated. Just once in my lifetime, see a team do the impossible and make it to Super Bowl undefeated and win it. I know there's probably those who are much older than us that probably saw the Miami Dolphins did that in the early 1970s. Why not us?
As a dolphin fan, I believe that shit a curse on us and would love to see a team take it so that fucking curse can be lifted.

My dolphins have been such a shitty team for so long that I have just been watching other teams play to at least enjoy the football season.

I would love nothing more than for cam Newton win a super bowl over tom Brady and those fucking patriots. Enough of that team already and can't wait till him and bilicheck retire.

Sarah K
12-21-2015, 12:24 PM
Fffuuu. I hope Megatron goes tonight!

Dra508
12-21-2015, 03:34 PM
Fffuuu. I hope Megatron goes tonight!Bwwaaaahhhhh

Sarah K
12-21-2015, 05:11 PM
I should have never doubted Ben. :(

elevenism
12-22-2015, 02:37 PM
fucking goddamn dallas cowboys....

Dra508
12-22-2015, 07:41 PM
Gronk Bowl in ETS Fantasy Football! Kid Charlemagne will bow to my (and Tom Brady's) greatness!

Sarah K
12-22-2015, 08:25 PM
The two people with the best records playing for third... AIN'T THAT SOME SHIT?!

I really had a lot of fun playing, though, and feel like I did well for my first try!

Archive_Reports
12-24-2015, 10:22 AM
This is terrific.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=l_KZz1ftAKQ

thevoid99
12-27-2015, 02:59 PM
The Falcons just broke the streak. They beat the Panthers. 20-13.... fuck....

Sarah K
12-27-2015, 07:15 PM
Yeah. I'm way bummed about that. I thought that they were for sure going to have an undefeated regular season, and hopefully a playoff/Super Bowl run.

Sigh.

TheyCallMeDrug
12-27-2015, 08:21 PM
yea i was very let down by my squad last week but thats the breaks. and with the way eli's throwing right now this looks like it'll be close.

october_midnight
12-29-2015, 06:34 PM
The Eagles just shitcanned Chip Kelly. Turns out getting rid of all your good players isn't actually a solid strategy.

gorast
12-30-2015, 04:30 PM
I think he should've had at least another year, but I'm coming around a little more after the news yesterday. Lurie's historically been a very sound decision-maker, even making decisions to cut people too late rather than too early. If he pulled the plug before the season was even over, then he was very much not a fan of where Chip was going and how the season turned out. I'm willing to trust Lurie until he shows that he no longer knows what he's doing.

Still a shame, though. So much promise in 2013. So much wasted.

Dra508
12-30-2015, 06:00 PM
Gronk Bowl in ETS Fantasy Football! @Kid Charlemagne (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=92) will bow to my (and Tom Brady's) greatness!
Well that was anti climatic.

Congratulations Gronky Punch Kid Charlemagne, till next season when I get to punch you back.

TheyCallMeDrug
12-30-2015, 06:04 PM
kinda annoying we gotta wait another year for this to start back up. the plight of fantasy football.

elevenism
12-30-2015, 10:47 PM
it sure was fucking great to see the Mavs beat the Warriors, steph curry or no steph curry.

i KNEW we were gonna beat them. i've just felt it.

Kid Charlemagne
12-31-2015, 11:24 PM
http://allthingsd.com/files/2013/01/rocky2-champ-feature.jpeg

Archive_Reports
01-01-2016, 03:37 PM
I don't care for the Canadiens or the Bruins, but watching the Winter Classic is always awesome.

Archive_Reports
01-10-2016, 08:33 AM
The Chiefs have won a playoff game and it feels terrific.

onthewall2983
01-10-2016, 04:52 PM
My Hoosiers beat the hell out of OSU today, making it officially the worst weekend in Ohio's history.

the duder
01-10-2016, 07:18 PM
Has anyone read or seen this yet (http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/1/7/10728210/crazy-handwritten-lawsuit-filed-against-ronda-rousey-ufc)? What the actual fuck?

Swykk
01-10-2016, 07:38 PM
People are fucked up. I love that it was hand written.

october_midnight
01-14-2016, 12:49 PM
Sorry 49'ers fans...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CYs5vPeUEAA-yIG.jpg

gorast
01-14-2016, 05:07 PM
Lmfao he's going to reinvent Kaepernick's whole damn life. Whether that means they get a ring in three years or go winless, we'll see. But you can fucking have him, San Fran.

Conan The Barbarian
01-15-2016, 07:01 AM
He won't do shit

Sarah K
01-20-2016, 09:12 PM
Leave it to Rex Ryan to be the first coach to bring a woman onto the staff full time.

Go 'head, Rex!

I am so stupidly hyped about this. Ahhhhh.

TheyCallMeDrug
01-20-2016, 09:41 PM
porzingis for rookie of the year. no jokes.
(https://vine.co/v/iOY5uBBQHBt)

thevoid99
01-24-2016, 09:39 PM
49-15, the Panthers killed the fucking Cardinals. And they're going to face the Broncos at Super Bowl 50.

TheyCallMeDrug
01-24-2016, 11:15 PM
i really hope the superbowl is a good game. im pulling for peyton but as long as it's not a blow out i'll be happy.

Archive_Reports
01-25-2016, 07:13 AM
I hope the Panthers run over the Broncos much like Seattle two years ago.

Swykk
01-25-2016, 08:00 AM
I don't give a fuck about football but I do love the sad, broken down and empty looks on cheating asshole jocks' faces when they lose (Patriots).

Deepvoid
02-25-2016, 01:41 PM
McGregor v. Diaz = awesome trash talking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_2KtwypV90

TheyCallMeDrug
02-27-2016, 10:38 PM
steph curry is a god. that game against okc tonight was probably the best regular season game ive ever seen in my life. holy shit with that game winning/record tying 3 pointer at the end.

and 24 3 pointers in the last 2 games?!?!?!?!? what the living fuck!

thevoid99
02-27-2016, 10:54 PM
A few days ago, Curry scored 51 points. 10 3-pointers. This guy is not human. I love it! He's everything Lebron wishes he could be.

TheyCallMeDrug
02-28-2016, 12:06 AM
that was thurs night. and combined with tonight, 14 more!, he totaled out at 24 in 2 games lol.

Deepvoid
03-06-2016, 06:41 PM
Anyone watched UFC 196? What a night! Both main events were amazing. Glad Diaz shut The Notorious Douche's loud mouth. Time to give Aldo a rematch.
As for Tate, she's gonna get her ass handed to her by Rousey. No doubt about it.

Swykk
03-06-2016, 09:00 PM
Went to my first Blackhawks game today. They won 4-1! A pretty rad first game for me!

the duder
03-08-2016, 05:39 PM
Hell of an ad Under Armor put together with Michael Phelps. Nearly brought me to tears. http://www.si.com/olympics/2016/03/08/michael-phelps-under-armour-commercial-video-rio-2016

ryanmcfly
03-08-2016, 11:38 PM
Hoping the Patriots make a move for a running back tomorrow, or Mitchell Scwartz.

the duder
03-24-2016, 07:51 PM
For all of the hub-bub surrounding the NCAA Men's Basketball tourney, DI national swimming championships are happening this weekend, and shit's getting real. Exhibit A - 18.20 in the 50 free from Caeleb Dressel. For those of you who don't know much about swimming, this may help put what he's done into context: "Dressel now holds the six fastest swims in history in the event and four of them happened today."

bruised
04-01-2016, 09:40 PM
What a weekend: F1, Indycar, V8 supercars, and El Classico!

TheyCallMeDrug
04-04-2016, 10:37 PM
holy shit that was an amazing end to the NCAA championship game. insane 3 to tie with 5 seconds left an insane buzzer 3 to win. wow, just wow.

blackholesun
04-07-2016, 01:20 AM
Playoff hockey starts soon. AKA I'm breaking out of my cocoon.

My beloved Sharks are likely going to play the Kings or Ducks in the first round, dependent pretty much on how a Ducks v Kings game goes tomorrow night. The Sharks have been sneaky good this year. Any series between the top 6 Western teams right now will be a coin-flip. No team seems dominant heading into the playoffs.

fillow
04-07-2016, 02:35 AM
Sooo. How come no Canada in playoffs?

icecream
04-08-2016, 10:17 AM

Ugh. This was such a frustrating season. Didn't really expect the Canucks to make it but the Habs not qualifying is really disappointing. At least this season is almost over.

botley
04-08-2016, 07:03 PM
Let's go Blue Jays!!

theimage13
04-08-2016, 07:29 PM

It's the national hockey league. Only national teams are allowed in the playoffs.

(I kid, of course - but it really does bother me that "national" leagues include other countries, or include only one country and then hold a "world championship". Learn how to fucking name things.)

TheyCallMeDrug
04-09-2016, 07:49 PM
first mets game of the season tomorrow with harvey on the mound. fuck this sinus infection tho :(

Fifey
04-10-2016, 09:23 PM
NHL playoffs, here again. Featuring the 25th consecutive appearance of the Detroit Red Wings and the last playoff run of Pavel Datsyuk.

Predictions:

EAST
Florida over Islanders
Detroit over Tampa
Washington over Philly
Rangers over Penguins

Detroit over Florida
Washington over Rangers

Detroit over Washington

WEST
Nashville over Anaheim
LA over San Jose
Dallas over Minnesota
Chicago over St. Louis

LA over Nashville
Dallas over Chicago

Dallas over LA

STANLEY CUP FINALS
Detroit over Dallas

Win it for Pav!

(OK, it will probably be Dallas over Washington in the finals, but a man can hope, right?)

blackholesun
04-11-2016, 01:44 AM
Yes. Playoffs. It's been a rough/busy year personally, but I have been keeping up with hockey just as much as always. Excited for playoff hockey. (LOL NO CANADIAN TEAMS, and sorry Dra for the Bruins :( )

Bracket predictions

EAST
Florida over Islanders
Detroit over Tampa Bay
Washington over Philadelphia
Penguins over Rangers

WEST
Dallas over Minnesota
St. Louis over Chicago
Anaheim over Nashville
San Jose over Los Angeles

SECOND ROUND
Florida over Detroit
Washington over Pittsburgh

Dallas over St. Louis
Anaheim over San Jose

THIRD ROUND
Washington over Florida

Dallas over Anaheim

SC FINAL
Washington over Dallas

Picked Washington/Dallas at the beginning of the year, gotta stick to it. They are the 2 best teams and I don't see many teams being close. Dallas is going to have a tougher time in the West and I think Washington makes it to the final a bit more unscathed than they do. That will be one hell of a final though. 2 of the most entertaining teams in recent memory. There's no way Ovi is not going to win a cup in his career, this is his best chance to date.

San Jose has a sneakily good team this year. I can see any of the 3 California teams making it to the conference final. Anaheim is the clear favorite. Dallas is just insane. I don't trust their goaltending and that could be their downfall in the playoffs.

/// I don't know what I'm talking about.

bruised
04-11-2016, 11:03 PM
Dammit, it's playoff hockey again already? Does hockey ever end? Ffs.

valiantsteed
04-12-2016, 09:50 AM
^ Apologies that playoff hockey once a year somehow offends you? Sounds awful. My condolenses on sucking shit haha

EAST
Panthers over Isles in 6
TB over Det in 7
Washington over Philadelphia in 5
Penguins over Rangers in 6

WEST
Dallas over Minnesota in 7
Chicago over STL in 6
Anaheim over Nashville in 6
LA over SJ in 6

SECOND ROUND
TB over Fla in 6
Wash over Pit in 7

Chicago over Dal in 6
LA over Ana in 7

THIRD ROUND
Wash over TB in 6
LA over Chi in 7

SC FINAL
LA over Wash in 6

fillow
04-12-2016, 10:24 AM
Whoa, Detroit plays in East now? When did it happen?

Fifey
04-13-2016, 07:48 PM
Whoa, Detroit plays in East now? When did it happen?

Realignment sent Winnipeg (formerly Atlanta) to the West and Detroit and 'Lumbus to the East before the start of last season.

Archive_Reports
04-13-2016, 08:01 PM
Kobe's last game and the Warriors go for the record...hell of a night for the NBA.

ryanmcfly
04-13-2016, 10:31 PM
I chose to watch Kobe's last game instead of the Golden state game. I just can't imagine basketball without Kobe. Also, that win record doesn't mean shit without a championship, just ask that 2007 New England Patriots.

Sarah K
04-13-2016, 11:58 PM
This is the first time I've ever cried because of a basketball game.

bruised
04-14-2016, 12:55 AM
Bye Felicia.

Archive_Reports
04-14-2016, 10:30 AM
That game was the Kobiest way that Kobe could have gone out and I loved every second of it...until I fell asleep, because damn I'm too old for a 10:30 tip off. I mean, 60 points on 50 shots and a win? Just terrific. While I've never been the biggest Kobe fan, the dude has been in the league since I was 14 and I barely remember basketball without him. Say what you will about his personal life, but the man is one of the greatest basketball players of all time. It sucks that everyone is trashing him today.

The GSW game was a foregone conclusion from about five minutes in and it's great to see a team break that hallowed record while having so much damn fun playing the game. These two events even overshadowed the fact that Boston erased a 24 point deficit to force a four way tie in the East that had a big impact on playoff seeding.

AND, the Blackhawks lost! Just a great sports night all around.

Swykk
04-14-2016, 10:42 AM
Whoa, pump the brakes on that last part, sir :)

Tums206_BFY
04-14-2016, 12:26 PM
I chose to watch Kobe's last game instead of the Golden state game. I just can't imagine basketball without Kobe. Also, that win record doesn't mean shit without a championship, just ask that 2007 New England Patriots.

Me too! I've been a Lakers hater but man I wasn't going to miss watching the final game from one of the sports greatest player. It ended up being everything I wish it was too and more....I wanted Kobe to jack up as many shots and play as much as possible...why not the Lakers stink and it was his final game. That was incredible though! 60 points and my that final stretch was just magical. You will be missed Mamba! See you in the Hall of Fame.

BTW with those 60 points Kobe finishes his career with a 25 PPG average. That was literally the amount of points he needed to achieve that too.

EDIT: The Boston comeback on Miami was incredible too! Congrats to the Warriors, it'll be a while before that is broken I would imagine.

Bachy
04-14-2016, 04:24 PM
Nice to see my White Sox off to a pretty good start:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CgB22PMUAAAHBVm?format=pjpg&name=large

Dra508
04-14-2016, 05:57 PM
Yes. Playoffs. It's been a rough/busy year personally, but I have been keeping up with hockey just as much as always. Excited for playoff hockey. (LOL NO CANADIAN TEAMS, and sorry Dra for the Bruins :( )

SC FINAL
Washington over Dallas

San Jose has a sneakily good team this year. I can see any of the 3 California teams making it to the conference final. Anaheim is the clear favorite. Dallas is just insane. I don't trust their goaltending and that could be their downfall in the playoffs.

/// I don't know what I'm talking about.
Awwww thanks for thinking of me and the big bad Bruins. Time for some new blood- Z is getting old eh.

My new adopted hometown making it to the finals- I'll take it. 1/2 the team is former Bruins and hows. #jamiebennfangirl

thevoid99
04-14-2016, 09:44 PM
I can't believe it. The Braves are 0-9 so far. That is just pathetic as I heard they haven't been this bad since 1988. Yikes.

TheyCallMeDrug
04-15-2016, 11:48 AM
kobe for 60 was incredible

Dr Channard
04-17-2016, 12:25 PM
Alright, here goes…

I can’t deny his personal skills or accomplishments, but Kobe Bryant was one of the last throwbacks to that mid to late 90s mentality of hero-ball, that is to say not a team player. That garbage brand of b-ball where play after play teams would dump the ball to the team “star” at the top of the key and the other 8 players clearout to watch the one-on-one showdown. That shit made basketball hard to even watch in the mid to late 90s. Of course the Bulls won a 3-peat and a 72 win season in that era, the league was garbage and the Bulls were like 1 of 3 teams at the time who knew how to run legitimate plays as a team.

It’s great to see a resurgence of fundamental team ball over the last decade, like the Spurs, Pistons, Celtics, and now the Warriors. I always thought Kobe stymied the Lakers from winning more championships than they did because of his mentality, plus the organization capitulating to him.

Archive_Reports
04-19-2016, 08:01 PM
Holy shit...the Celtics look awful tonight.

thevoid99
04-19-2016, 10:26 PM
Holy shit...the Celtics look awful tonight.

My Hawks destroyed them. *cackles*

Jon
04-19-2016, 10:57 PM
My Hawks destroyed them. *cackles*

And my Hawks are getting destroyed. Almost double the amount of shots on goal and still losing these games. The only game where the shots were close the Hawks won. I don't have them picked to win this year, but g'damn.

thevoid99
04-19-2016, 11:09 PM
And my Hawks are getting destroyed. Almost double the amount of shots on goal and still losing these games. The only game where the shots were close the Hawks won. I don't have them picked to win this year, but g'damn.

Oh no. I want the Blackhawks to win.

Rubeninphoenix
04-19-2016, 11:12 PM
I always thought Kobe stymied the Lakers from winning more championships than they did because of his mentality, plus the organization capitulating to him. If Kobe hadn't run Shaq out of LA, I truly do believe they would've won AT LEAST 6 rings together. Also, if the Busses didn't basically bow down, they could've actually built a decent team but instead they kissed Kobe's hand and gave him that salary cap killing monstrosity of a final contract that sealed their fate.

Holy shit...the Celtics look awful tonight.That's the direct result of losing Bradley. I gave them a fighting chance before the injury but damn shame it happened.

kdrcraig
04-22-2016, 07:33 AM
The Cubs game was ridiculous last night. Arietta threw a no-hitter and they scored 16 fucking runs. Complete domination.

Archive_Reports
04-22-2016, 09:47 AM
The Pacers couldn't buy a foul in the first half last night and the game I expected to be the worst - and therefore didn't watch - ended up being the best. Solid night of viewing for me.

ryanmcfly
04-23-2016, 12:26 AM
I hope the Patriots can land a solid offensive tackle in the second round. I think if Nate solder can stay healthy this year, the offensive line will be much better than it was in the AFC Championship game, because not only will Solder be playing, but Vollmer will be playing his natural position on the right. They just need a swing tackle to play sparingly. I wouldn't mind a runningback also.

bruised
04-23-2016, 09:11 PM
Did we end up getting those picks back, from when Brady got suspended/fined and all that?

gorast
04-23-2016, 11:41 PM
No. You still have no first rounder.

Eagles moved up to 2 to get, presumably, Carson Wentz, though our GM was careful to say that we would take either Goff or Wentz, depending on what the Rams do. Everyone's assuming they'll take Goff, so that should mean we get Wentz. I really think this is the kind of move we needed to make - say whatever you want about it being a weak QB draft, Wentz being an FCS quarterback (so was Flacco), all that shit. The fact of the matter is that the Eagles have been in QB purgatory for seven years, ever since sending McNabb out to pasture. Kevin Kolb wasn't the answer, Vick wasn't the answer, Foles wasn't the answer, and I don't think Bradford's going to be the answer, either. We're also rarely ever bad enough to be in the position to draft a game-changing QB. The closest we got was 2013, but we had to pick up Lane Johnson instead. There's no telling when we'll ever be in the top 5 in the near future, especially because our team is set up to have a floor of 7-9 just like last year. Mediocre will never get you the pieces you need - just ask the Rams and the boatload of picks they had to give up to get into a position to really change their franchise. Band-aid QBs don't get the job done and I'm tired of trotting them out every year. Bradford can ride out his contract and then step aside for Wentz. And if he sucks, hey, we tried. And we'll try again.

Also, good on the Browns for getting out when they didn't see what they wanted to take. Build a team with the bounty of picks, draft all the pieces around QB, and then get the QB when the rest of the team is ready to contend. I really think there'll be a significant improvement for Cleveland in the next few years. Hopefully this will be the one.

Swykk
04-24-2016, 01:15 AM
Wonderful job, Blackhawks! Let's wrap this one up please now thank you!

Also, in case you forgot--Suck it, Daniel Cormier. That title you didn't beat the champ for is going to be back where it belongs real soon.

A great night for MMA and hockey!

Dr Channard
04-25-2016, 03:38 PM
I’m not really a big fan of the Warriors, but I hate to see Curry go down like this. It would have been something to see what this team could really do, but missing his 30 points 5+ rebounds and 6+ assists a night for several weeks will really hurt this team’s playoff run. The Clippers are quite capable of beating the Warriors without Curry in round 2.

Dr Channard
04-25-2016, 11:59 PM
And I may have jinxed the Clippers, looks like Chris Paul may be hurt now. We might just be destined for a Spurs-Cavs rematch.

Jon
04-26-2016, 12:01 AM
Congratulations to the St. Louis Blues. Gotta love when any series lasts all seven games.

Let's go, Islanders!

TheyCallMeDrug
04-30-2016, 08:30 PM
islanders are making franchise history and the mets are doing great. i caught 3 mets game this past week and saw syndergaard, harvey and degrom today. fun time to be a sports fan on long island.

valiantsteed
04-30-2016, 11:11 PM
https://nhl.bamcontent.com/images/photos/280528580/1024x576/cut.jpg

PARTY IN THE 6IX TONIGHT!

Archive_Reports
05-02-2016, 10:35 AM
The Chiefs drafted a guy who was dismissed for choking and hitting his pregnant girlfriend and was projected undrafted. I do not feel good about this.

Sarah K
05-02-2016, 12:33 PM
James Harrison officially sticks it out for one more year. <3 <3 <3

fillow
05-02-2016, 04:07 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/712231425718800384/pC1vq2Ql.jpg

Dra508
05-04-2016, 07:47 PM
Amazing http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160505/f4733d60d5309ce1f31e4dad104e1bc2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bruised
05-04-2016, 09:56 PM
Vardy! Also, Hala Madrid!

blackholesun
05-05-2016, 05:02 AM
Weird NHL playoffs this year.

I'm happy my Sharks shook off the Kings, but I feel like the Preds might be too much to handle. Then again, it's only the Perds.

The rest of the 2nd round series are surprisingly entertaining. Feel bad for the Caps. They'll need a helluva comeback. But the Pens entered the playoffs as the darkest horse and have clearly proven they are the best Eastern Conference team.

LOL Antti Niemi

icecream
05-05-2016, 02:43 PM
Advanced stats nerds had the Pens as favorites in the East but I thought the Capitals would crush them. 3-1 Pens, at this point, I don't see the caps crawling back.

blackholesun
05-07-2016, 02:25 AM
Last night's game was gross. It was an amazing hockey game, but as a Sharks fan it was mind blowing-ly gross. I hate complaining about officiating, but c'mon. Between all of the faceoff redo bullshit (the feed that I was watching was pointed out it happened every few faceoffs and they were all clean wins for both teams) and the Pavelski non-goal (which was called off in the first place for going off of his glove...not goalie interference) it just stunk.

Best of 3 series now. It should be good. The Preds have all the momentum, but they've already played so much hockey in a small amount of time.

I'm actually amazed with the Pens. Basically playing the third string goalie, Crosby isn't his usual dominate self and they still win with Letang out for a suspension. They are playing with house money and it's actually kind of fun to watch.

scotty79
05-22-2016, 04:33 PM
Kilmarnock avoided relegation today by thrashing Falkirk 4-0 and 4-1 on aggregate, thought we'd beat them to stay up but never thought we'd outplay and out score them, if we'd played like that most of the season we'd never have been in that position in the first place

Archive_Reports
05-25-2016, 07:41 AM
OKC is killing it and Russell Westbrook is unreal.

blackholesun
05-26-2016, 02:28 AM
The Sharks have made the final! I'm legit weeping

Dra508
05-26-2016, 06:42 PM
The Sharks have made the final! I'm legit weeping

Congratulations. I'm going to cry over here and just watch some D league (ECHL) hockey this weekend. Tickets are a fraction of the price of a regular season NHL game and they drop coupons to Olive Garden from a drone in between periods

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dr Channard
05-26-2016, 07:32 PM
OKC is killing it and Russell Westbrook is unreal.

Somehow, OKC is playing way better than they actually are. Good for them. But they’ve done this before, in 2012 they got hot in the playoffs and beat teams better than them in the west. They better pray that if they make it to the finals again, that balloon doesn’t completely deflate on them like last time.

Dr Channard
05-30-2016, 11:00 PM
...aaand POP goes the balloon for OKC, once again. Russell Westbrook is totally for OKC what Gilbert Arenas was in his peak years with Washington. The guy that could drop 50 points looking like the league MVP one game, and the next two nights you’d hardly even notice he’s on the floor.

It will be interesting to see if a healthy Cleveland will make a difference in the Finals this time around.

elevenism
05-30-2016, 11:54 PM
so this happened yesterday
http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a609/tylerlankford11/1464617026-nba-finals-jfg0od_zpsgw9zpdhf.jpg (http://s1286.photobucket.com/user/tylerlankford11/media/1464617026-nba-finals-jfg0od_zpsgw9zpdhf.jpg.html)
The NBA accidentally posted these games in the Events tab of their Facebook page. Notice that the teams are listed as Golden State and Cleveland BEFORE the Warriors finished their "miraculous comeback," winning four straight games after being down 3-1. Keep in mind that the number of times a team has pulled off a comeback like that, ever, in the history of the 7 game series, WAS still in the single digits, with this year's warriors being the 10th.
I HATE this kind of shit and try my damndest to ignore it.
But when there's THAT kind of money involved in something, you never know :(

(http://www.gq.com/story/nba-finals-warriors-cavs-conspiracy)Here is the story from GQ (http://www.gq.com/story/nba-finals-warriors-cavs-conspiracy)

And then there was the time my Dallas Mavericks opened up a 2-0 lead against the Heat in the finals, but Miami made a miraculous comeback that featured Jerry Stackhouse being suspended for a highly contested flagrant foul on Shaq, which Shaq later said was "lighter than a love tap from one of his daughters," Dwayne Wade setting an NBA finals single game free throw record after going to the line more times than all of the mavericks combined, and Wade setting another finals record with like 100 fucking free throw attempts in six games, averaging sixteen attempts per game.

The next year, referee Tim Donaghy plead guilty to fixing and betting on games (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Donaghy) and later testified that the already controversial 2002 Lakers-Kings finals were, in fact, fixed. (http://espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3436401)

Being a rabid basketball fan, i've tried to push the Tim Donaghy shit out of my mind, and now we have this facebook insanity.

GodDAMNIT i wish i hadn't heard about it :( :( :(

Dear God, PLEASE let Donaghy be a filthy liar and the facebook fiasco just an honest mistake. Please?

Archive_Reports
05-31-2016, 09:52 AM
Fucking OKC and that kicking bitch Draymond Green. The WCF have really made me hate the Warriors to the point where I'm cheering for Cleveland. That is a shitty feeling.

Dr Channard
05-31-2016, 06:15 PM
so this happened yesterday
http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a609/tylerlankford11/1464617026-nba-finals-jfg0od_zpsgw9zpdhf.jpg (http://s1286.photobucket.com/user/tylerlankford11/media/1464617026-nba-finals-jfg0od_zpsgw9zpdhf.jpg.html)
The NBA accidentally posted these games in the Events tab of their Facebook page. Notice that the teams are listed as Golden State and Cleveland BEFORE the Warriors finished their "miraculous comeback," winning four straight games after being down 3-1. Keep in mind that the number of times a team has pulled off a comeback like that, ever, in the history of the 7 game series, WAS still in the single digits, with this year's warriors being the 10th.
I HATE this kind of shit and try my damndest to ignore it.
But when there's THAT kind of money involved in something, you never know :(

(http://www.gq.com/story/nba-finals-warriors-cavs-conspiracy)Here is the story from GQ (http://www.gq.com/story/nba-finals-warriors-cavs-conspiracy)

And then there was the time my Dallas Mavericks opened up a 2-0 lead against the Heat in the finals, but Miami made a miraculous comeback that featured Jerry Stackhouse being suspended for a highly contested flagrant foul on Shaq, which Shaq later said was "lighter than a love tap from one of his daughters," Dwayne Wade setting an NBA finals single game free throw record after going to the line more times than all of the mavericks combined, and Wade setting another finals record with like 100 fucking free throw attempts in six games, averaging sixteen attempts per game.

The next year, referee Tim Donaghy plead guilty to fixing and betting on games (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Donaghy) and later testified that the already controversial 2002 Lakers-Kings finals were, in fact, fixed. (http://espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3436401)

Being a rabid basketball fan, i've tried to push the Tim Donaghy shit out of my mind, and now we have this facebook insanity.

GodDAMNIT i wish i hadn't heard about it :( :( :(

Dear God, PLEASE let Donaghy be a filthy liar and the facebook fiasco just an honest mistake. Please?

I didn’t really have a horse in the race between the two, but it feels more like GS was just the better team, and in a 7 game series the better team usually wins. A few wins in a season might be attributed luck or fortunate calls, but not 73 wins. Hitting a 3 every now and again might be attributed to luck, but two guys making over 670 three pointers in the regular season clearly can’t be luck or the refs. That’s just a ridiculous amount of skill.

But even then, OKC did up their game big time in the playoffs. Beating the Spurs was unexpected. Against GS the Thunder did a good job putting themselves in position to win, especially in games 6 and 7, where OKC won 6 quarters of basketball. GS only won 2 quarters.

http://i63.tinypic.com/jufp4w.jpg

http://i65.tinypic.com/352rx50.jpg

But with the way GS can nail 3s at a record pace, one quarter in a game is all they need to win to take the game. OKC even had the advantage in the penalty in games 6 and 7,

In game 7 OKC went 13-17 on free throws while GS was 5-8.

In game 6 OKC was 22-32 from the line while GS was 15-24.

For all the GS haters out there, Cleveland is once again the last hope. The Cavaliers can score points, but their defense is suspect. Kevin Love is too soft as defensive presence. If he could channel his inner late 1980s Bill Laimbeer ferocity and intensity, then Cleveland would be a real monster to reckon with.

elevenism
06-03-2016, 10:44 AM
Dr Channard
but dude. you missed the point. the nba posted the finals schedule BEFORE game 7.
And i'll go out on a limb and say that it looked to me like OKC folded on shooting in game 7.

And what say you to all this?
" And then there was the time my Dallas Mavericks opened up a 2-0 lead against the Heat in the finals, but Miami made a miraculous comeback that featured Jerry Stackhouse being suspended for a highly contested flagrant foul on Shaq, which Shaq later said was "lighter than a love tap from one of his daughters," Dwayne Wade setting an NBA finals single game free throw record after going to the line more times than all of the mavericks combined, and Wade setting another finals record with like 100 fucking free throw attempts in six games, averaging sixteen attempts per game.

Dr Channard
06-04-2016, 07:55 PM
@Dr Channard (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=4834)
but dude. you missed the point. the nba posted the finals schedule BEFORE game 7.
And i'll go out on a limb and say that it looked to me like OKC folded on shooting in game 7.

And what say you to all this?
" And then there was the time my Dallas Mavericks opened up a 2-0 lead against the Heat in the finals, but Miami made a miraculous comeback that featured Jerry Stackhouse being suspended for a highly contested flagrant foul on Shaq, which Shaq later said was "lighter than a love tap from one of his daughters," Dwayne Wade setting an NBA finals single game free throw record after going to the line more times than all of the mavericks combined, and Wade setting another finals record with like 100 fucking free throw attempts in six games, averaging sixteen attempts per game.

I get what you’re saying. I’m not saying it is impossible, or that a fix has never happened in the past. There just doesn’t seem to be any in-game statistical data or in-game empirical evidence that leads me to believe the NBA fixed this particular OKC/GS series in favor of either team. Any notion that OKC went down on purpose is laughable. The guys on OKC played a hell of a series against the Spurs and the Warriors. KD and RW are very prideful players, they were clearly playing to win. They clearly wanted to win. These guys were laughing at GS when they had the series at 3-1. But after that it looked like it legitimately just fell apart for OKC. We have seen this team play above their heads in the playoffs before, only to completely fall apart late. I mentioned this very fact when OKC was up in the series 3-1.

What it looked like it came down to was that the Warriors incomprehensibly good shooting was just too much. I guess if a person wanted to point to D Wade being sent to the line a seemingly inordinate amount of times as a fix, that could be conceivable. Or point to an obviously wrong flagrant foul call as a fix, maybe. But how is the Warriors ability to score 3s in record numbers night after night a league fix? Is the ball on a string, being guided into the hoop?

Honestly, as far as game deciding critical calls went, I personally thought the Spurs got way more of a raw deal in the series against OKC, than anything that went against OKC in the GS series.

But in any case, I’m still hoping Cleveland can pull a miracle out of their ass.

elevenism
06-05-2016, 01:10 PM
Dr Channard i know what you mean. you can't "fix" good shooting. But to me, OKC's collapse, especially in game 7, looked fucking orchestrated.

I just fear that the NBA is fixed in general.
Did you look into the other things i mentioned? Have you ever looked into the controversy surrounding the 06 Mavs/Heat finals or the Tim Donaghy (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Donaghy)scandal?
This ref was caught betting on games, and he sang. He basically said "everyone else is doing it." He claimed that the 2002 Lakers/King finals were fixed.

I look at this and i don't want it to be true

valiantsteed
06-10-2016, 11:18 PM
I try to look at things as objectively as possible, and in general I believe there is too much money to be made if it was ever exposed that there was actual match fixing going on, to make it worth the risk. It's like rigging the lottery. What the hell is the point in possibly fucking up that endless gravy train? Especially in the age of social media and leaks - someone would eventually get spurned and crack and bring down the house of cards.

I think a small amount of Refs might slightly point shave here and there with limited effect on W/L outcome, but mainly I think comes down to ego and personal bias, more than anything. Some officials are just big headed pieces of shit that want to make the games about themselves.

If anyone watched any of that Cavs/Raptors conference finals though it was really hard to stomach. I mean in game 3 or 4, the Raps were in the penalty early every quarter and the Cavs didn't get a single foul call on them in the game until midway through the THIRD quarter. It was insane. Guys were being physically mugged under the basket and the refs were just like too bad, fuck you were not calling anything for legiitmately 30 minutes. The Raps ended up winning the game in spite of this, and while the poor officiating was blantant throughout, it still didnt have a true effect on the series as it still would have likely finished 4-2 even with unbiased refereeing.

So as much as there have been times where I have seen it with my own eyes, I still dont think it has a large effect on the outcomes. But yes, it's concerning that a man like Adam Silver can see that, and not do anything to try and address the brutal problems with his sport. I did think he was a man of integrity, but he was in the stands for that Raptors game, and unless some kind of reprimanding is going on behind the scenes, I don't know how you could watch the sport and not think that something needs to be done. That series was a spotlight, but it's been evident all throughout the playoffs this year.

And it's not just the NBA. The utilization of instant replay in MLB, along with the slide rules have been a disgusting pathetic joke. The implimentation of the delayed offsides review in the NHL is fucking bananas. It honestly does feel like the officiating across the board is the worst it's ever been at any point in the history of my life. But again, even if you fixed all of that, it would likely only make a nominal difference at best in the eventual outcomes, so I try not to get vexxed about it but jesus sometimes it's hard.

thevoid99
06-12-2016, 11:09 PM
Brazil just got eliminated from Copa America.... thanks in part to a fucking handball by Peru: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-fc-yahoo/brazil-knocked-out-of-copa-america-on-controversial-goal-033359018.html

Brazil got fucked. That was a fucking handball.

Dra508
06-12-2016, 11:32 PM
Brazil just got eliminated from Copa America.... thanks in part to a fucking handball by Peru: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-fc-yahoo/brazil-knocked-out-of-copa-america-on-controversial-goal-033359018.html

Brazil got fucked. That was a fucking handball.

Brazil's play was pretty flat though, even with a hand ball. Brazil never scored.

Congrats to The Pens. Mike Sullivan totally deserved it. *