PDA

View Full Version : The Muthafuckin' Sports Thread!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Deepvoid
09-09-2014, 10:54 AM
Ray's wife made a statement. She is blaming the media for this whole situation. She is in complete denial.
Or she just realized that the money won't be pouring in anymore and she's pissed off.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-janay-rice-breaks-her-silence-describes-situation-as-horrible-nightmare-20140909,0,5216376.story

Sarah K
09-09-2014, 11:32 AM
It is so upsetting when people are blaming this VICTIM for staying because of "money". I mean, read like any article about abuse - how hard it is to escape, it's a continuing cycle, etc, etc, etc.

Also - http://kotaku.com/report-ea-will-remove-ray-rice-from-madden-15-1632420692

blackholesun
09-09-2014, 12:38 PM
It's sad at the lack of empathy and misunderstanding about abuse. Glad that piece of shit is out of the NFL. How he's not in jail is beyond me.

My fantasy team shit the bed week 1. Awesome.

2 weeks until hockey training camp starts...I'm just excited for my favorite sport to be back, even though there's that huge black cloud hanging over the Sharks right now. At least they are throwing their first ever fan fest in a few weeks.

Deepvoid
09-09-2014, 02:39 PM
It is so upsetting when people are blaming this VICTIM for staying because of "money". I mean, read like any article about abuse - how hard it is to escape, it's a continuing cycle, etc, etc, etc.

Also - http://kotaku.com/report-ea-will-remove-ray-rice-from-madden-15-1632420692

I am not blaming her for what happened but I'm calling her out on her statement.
It's because of the media that this clown is getting the punishment he deserves from the NFL and others.
She is basically telling anyone who took her defense to fuck off.
I think that's ridiculous.

Sarah K
09-09-2014, 02:42 PM
Do you know much about the cycle of domestic violence, though?

Hella manipulation, psychological abuse, self blame, threats, etc.

This woman is a victim and needs support, not people questioning her, or saying she is with him for money. That isn't how domestic violence works.

TheyCallMeDrug
09-09-2014, 04:57 PM
fuckin texans D killed me in ets. killed it in my other league with calvin johnson though

Deepvoid
09-09-2014, 05:25 PM
Do you know much about the cycle of domestic violence, though?

Hella manipulation, psychological abuse, self blame, threats, etc.

This woman is a victim and needs support, not people questioning her, or saying she is with him for money. That isn't how domestic violence works.

You can't help someone who doesn't believe there's a problem in the first place.
It's same thing as alcoholics and drug addicts. First step is acknowledging the problem. You're never gonna get through someone if you can't get them to acknowledge the situation.

Anyways, to be quite honest, whatever happens next is none of our business. The Ravens, the NFL and sponsors have done what they felt like was best move for their businesses.
The rest is a personal matter between two persons.

TheyCallMeDrug
09-13-2014, 01:47 AM
WTF ADRIAN PETERSON YOU STUPID FUCK

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/13/sports/football/adrian-peterson-indicted-on-child-injury-charge.html?_r=0

rip ets fantasy squad.

leo3375
09-13-2014, 08:25 AM
WTF ADRIAN PETERSON YOU STUPID FUCK

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/13/sports/football/adrian-peterson-indicted-on-child-injury-charge.html?_r=0

rip ets fantasy squad.

Hey, I'm just happy that the Vikings took the initiative and deactivated him for tomorrow's game. I can see them not playing him until this blows over, and then deciding what to do based on what happens in the legal channels. (By the way, I have an Adrian Peterson jersey. I will not be wearing it for the foreseeable future. I'm also not afraid to burn it I feel it comes to that.)

themethatyouknow
09-13-2014, 01:21 PM
It'll be interesting to see how the Peterson thing turns out. Unlike the Rice case, there's a huge portion of the population that's totally in favor of beating the hell out of children. The media is going to have a hard time acting outraged after years of laughing at and teasing players about the players' own stories of abuse. Actually, what am I saying? The media will flip on this in a heartbeat if there's any public pressure. Still, I'm not so sure that pressure exists.

Dra508
09-13-2014, 09:08 PM
Terry Crews captured it for me.
http://www.etonline.com/news/150967_exclusive_terry_crews_talks_ray_rice_his_ow n_experiences_with_domestic_violence/

As for Adrian Peterson, ugh.

Alexandros
09-14-2014, 03:53 PM
Congrats to the USA basketball team, they won this tournament without breaking a sweat. And those three pointers in the final, wow!

botley
09-14-2014, 10:17 PM
Attended the Bills' home opener today and was surprised at how much I enjoyed myself. Tailgated and everything.

leo3375
09-14-2014, 10:48 PM
Stay classy, New York Daily News. (https://twitter.com/NYDailyNews/status/511336520150958081)

(By the way, she gives the rest of us Vikings fans a bad name. Unless she's self-employed or doesn't work, her boss is gonna be real pissed off tomorrow morning.)

Omega
09-15-2014, 10:47 AM
9ers held on to that lead alright.............wtheck,:p lol.

Aladdinsanity
09-15-2014, 03:53 PM
Stay classy, New York Daily News. (https://twitter.com/NYDailyNews/status/511336520150958081)

(By the way, she gives the rest of us Vikings fans a bad name. Unless she's self-employed or doesn't work, her boss is gonna be real pissed off tomorrow morning.)
The general reaction amongst those defending Peterson's actions genuinely depresses me. I find it simultaneously amusing that these same people take to Twitter to make some pithy statements about how it was simply "discipline", that they were brought up the same and it somehow made them upstanding citizens -- essentially trying to speak for anyone who faced corporal punishment as a child. Or they dress up like this lady.

As someone who was physically abused as I child, I generally find myself avoiding to be open about that when the topic of abuse does come up. Every single one of my friends who have faced similar trauma disavow of it, so they don't talk about it or express great confusion when they do. After one of them had a child, only then did she become very active in vocally condemning this kind of behavior. I feel like this makes it harder to survey whether or not a majority of those who have faced this kind of abuse actually approve of it.

Deepvoid
09-17-2014, 11:55 AM
So who's ready for a new NHL season. I can't fucking wait.
Aside from the fact that I don't like the Habs being without a captain, I can't wait to see which rookie will make it this year.
I think Tinordi, Beaulieu and Sekac are locked in. Should be fun to watch these youngsters play.

blackholesun
09-17-2014, 01:20 PM
I'm pumped for hockey. Well, aside from the fact the Sharks had a dismal offseason. It remains to be see how this all shakes out. I think Couture or Vlasic will be named captain. Possibly Pavelski. Most excited for the Stadium Series game vs. LA in the new 49ers stadium. Should be a doozy.

Dra508
09-17-2014, 08:08 PM
I'm actually ready for hockey. It's going to be hard living Texas, being a Bruin fan :(

botley
09-18-2014, 07:48 AM
So who's ready for a new NHL season. I can't fucking wait.
It's going to be an interesting season even for non-NHL-diehards up here in Canada. Rogers/Sportsnet is vastly expanding their online rollout of live sports content streaming — finally realizing that most people just don't watch much traditional live TV anymore and use laptops, mobiles, tablets or set-top boxes to get all their video content. My buddy is working on their expanded video crew for Hockey Night In Canada and he's been tasked with setting live monitor and camera colour-timing levels. No pressure, just the highest-profile sports broadcast franchise in history.

Deepvoid
09-18-2014, 08:12 AM
It's going to be an interesting season even for non-NHL-diehards up here in Canada. Rogers/Sportsnet is vastly expanding their online rollout of live sports content streaming — finally realizing that most people just don't watch much traditional live TV anymore and use laptops, mobiles, tablets or set-top boxes to get all their video content. My buddy is working on their expanded video crew for Hockey Night In Canada and he's been tasked with setting live monitor and camera colour-timing levels. No pressure, just the highest-profile sports broadcast franchise in history.

That's a pretty cool job.

Here in Quebec, TVA Sports signed a new deal with the NHL becoming the official broadcaster for the Habs game but for Saturday only.
So I need to subscribe to this channel on top of RDS (rest of the games) to be able to catch all games. Those companies are always finding new ways to get a few more bucks from you. Crazy ..

botley
09-18-2014, 08:31 AM
SportsNet are offering free access to their app until the end of the year for all Rogers internet & wireless data subscribers (which, chump as I am, includes me). So you can stream live hockey until Dec. 31. But I know they'll just lure and hook me with a subscription once I start using it, dammit!

Dra508
09-18-2014, 09:06 AM
My buddy is working on their expanded video crew for Hockey Night In Canada and he's been tasked with setting live monitor and camera colour-timing levels. Is this so I can get the most accurate and true color of Don Cherry's jacket?

botley
09-18-2014, 11:03 AM
Any macroblocking and moiré artifacts on those garish prints would be simply unacceptable; the Rogers telecommunications empire would crumble instantly.

icecream
09-18-2014, 08:02 PM
October 8th is marked on my calendar. Go Canucks and Habs! Just wished Montreal could pick a captain instead of using four alts. Going to be a fun season I think.

Sarah K
09-20-2014, 08:32 PM
Ameer Abdullah just passed Johnny Rodgers to have the most all purpose yards at Nebraska. This kid is a beast.

Sarah K
09-21-2014, 09:49 PM
Ike Taylor. :(

TheyCallMeDrug
09-21-2014, 10:40 PM
i want highest blowout on ets this week. im lookin at possibly 40 over atm

Tums206_BFY
09-21-2014, 11:32 PM
Broncos vs Hawks what a game! Our team nearly gave that game away to a Peyton Manning Comeback. Nice drive by Wilson (80 yards) though in the OT to set up Beast Mode Lynch for the winning touchdown! That could have been the game most kinda expected in the Super Bowl (I honestly liked it the way it was ;) lol). Sucks we have the early bye week this season, we are gonna have to turn it up after that. Fun tense game but glad we won.

Dra508
09-22-2014, 09:04 AM
^^^^ I yelled at Lynch to make that rushing TD. Alas, poor bench management and some bad weeks for other plays is handing me my first loss on ETS FF. :(

i want highest blowout on ets this week. im lookin at possibly 40 over atmWait, are you STINKYDUMPER?

TheyCallMeDrug
09-22-2014, 04:04 PM
Wait, are you STINKYDUMPER?

yuppers, thats me :)

Omega
09-22-2014, 04:53 PM
9ers lost to Arizona..lol..guessing they will lose at least another five this season. Good job guys.

Sarah K
09-22-2014, 07:46 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000399216/article/james-harrison-to-make-comeback-with-steelers

YASSSSSSS

Dra508
09-23-2014, 07:43 AM
yuppers, thats me :)Nice win. :o

TheyCallMeDrug
09-23-2014, 05:04 PM
Julio Jones went off

icecream
09-24-2014, 02:03 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/vancouver-sun-s-jordan-subban-photo-caption-sparks-outrage-1.2776325

Ugh, who in 2014 thinks that would have passed as an appropriate caption?

Big Fat Matt
09-24-2014, 03:23 PM
Season isn't even started and Datsyuk is out for 4-5 weeks with a separated shoulder? Fuck yeah. Just when I thought hockey could pull me out of the pit of misery that the 2014 NCAA football season has left me in (I am a Michigan and Michigan State fan, for the record) the sports gods drop a shit-brick house on me. Oh yeah, the Wings top prospect busted his leg a week or two ago too, so, ya know...

Just make the playoffs, boys. Keep the streak alive.

bruised
09-24-2014, 05:41 PM
Anybody watch F1? There was one guy on here I, I forget his name though. 5 races to go, shit is tight!

Rubeninphoenix
09-24-2014, 06:08 PM
The Phoenix Suns gave Eric Bledsoe a 5yr, $70 million dollar contract. Why do I feel this is for a sign and trade deal? http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11583579/eric-bledsoe-phoenix-suns-agree-five-year-contract

blackholesun
09-24-2014, 06:26 PM
Season isn't even started and Datsyuk is out for 4-5 weeks with a separated shoulder? Fuck yeah. Just when I thought hockey could pull me out of the pit of misery that the 2014 NCAA football season has left me in (I am a Michigan and Michigan State fan, for the record) the sports gods drop a shit-brick house on me. Oh yeah, the Wings top prospect busted his leg a week or two ago too, so, ya know...

Feel bad for Dats. Hasn't had an injury free season since 09-10. Always one of my favorite players to watch, sucks he has to start injured once again.

icecream
09-24-2014, 06:59 PM
Quite a few big names have gone down. Stall broke his leg, Crosby and Malkin are injured. Hope it isn't a sign of things to come.

blackholesun
09-24-2014, 07:02 PM
Stepan got hurt yesterday and could miss a few weeks/months for the Rangers. Couture was banged up last night, but luckily it doesn't appear to be as serious.

valiantsteed
09-24-2014, 08:42 PM

I hate the Wings but the yeah that Anthony Mantha is just a little dirt pig around the net. The kid is going to tear the NHL a new one when he's healthy and seasoned. I hate to see anyone go down with an injury, but I was really looking forward to seeing him potentially make that team as much as the Wings can go fuck themselves.

Prediction: Wings steak ends, Babcock walks.

icecream
09-24-2014, 10:18 PM
Prediction: Wings steak ends, Babcock walks.
I think the Wings sneak in this season in 7th or 8th seed. But I agree with you on Babcock. Don't see him staying with the Wings after this season.

Dra508
09-25-2014, 06:41 AM
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/vancouver-sun-s-jordan-subban-photo-caption-sparks-outrage-1.2776325

Ugh, who in 2014 thinks that would have passed as an appropriate caption?

Link didn't work :(

icecream
09-25-2014, 09:15 AM
Link didn't work :(
Weird

Jordan Subban, P. K's brother, scored for the Canucks in their preseason game. The Vancouver Sun ran the caption "dark guy in the middle" under a photo of him celebrating the goal.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/jordan-subban-not-holding-a-grudge-over-vancouver-sun-dark-guy-caption-1.2776325

Big Fat Matt
09-25-2014, 05:54 PM
I hate the Wings but ... the Wings can go fuck themselves.

Penguins, Hawks, Avs or Blues?

TheyCallMeDrug
09-28-2014, 12:19 PM
STIN-KY DUMP-ER
*clap clap clap-clap-clap*
STIN-KY DUMP-ER
*clap clap clap-clap-clap*

Big Fat Matt
09-28-2014, 03:46 PM
The Lions are playing good football and I am not used to it. Is this what pro football is like for the other half of the NFL?

Dra508
09-28-2014, 04:52 PM
Weird

Jordan Subban, P. K's brother, scored for the Canucks in their preseason game. The Vancouver Sun ran the caption "dark guy in the middle" under a photo of him celebrating the goal.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/jordan-subban-not-holding-a-grudge-over-vancouver-sun-dark-guy-caption-1.2776325

Niiiice. P.K.'s Other Little brother Malcolm plays net for The Bruins AHL team. Talented family.

icecream
09-28-2014, 08:00 PM
Niiiice. P.K.'s Other Little brother Malcolm plays net for The Bruins AHL team. Talented family.
Malcolm did a good job for Canada at the U20s, even if the team as a whole under performed.

blackholesun
10-02-2014, 06:52 PM
Just got tickets for the outdoor Sharks/Kings game! Woop! Sitting in the nosebleeds though. Should be fun.

Less than a week until the regular season starts? As per tradition, here's my season predictions. Last year I only guessed 9 of 16 playoff teams and only 1 division winner. Wooop

Atlantic
1. Tampa Bay*
2. Boston*
3. Montreal*
4. Detroit
5. Ottawa
6. Toronto
7. Florida
8. Buffalo

Metropolitan
1. Pittsburgh*
2. New York Rangers*
3. New York Islanders*
4. Columbus*
5. Washington*
6. New Jersey
7. Philadelphia
8. Carolina

Central
1. St.Louis*
2. Chicago*
3. Minnesota*
4. Dallas*
5. Colorado
6. Nashville
7. Winnipeg

Pacific
1. Los Angeles*
2. Anaheim*
3. San Jose*
4. Edmonton*
5. Vancouver
6. Phoenix
7. Calgary

I think Tampa will have the best record in the league. Edmonton will be this years Colorado aka team that plays unsustainably good hockey and makes the playoffs. Detroit's playoff appearance streak finally ends and Babcock leaves to join the Leafs after Nonis and Carlyle are fired.

I think we see at St.Louis/Tampa Bay final, with the Blues winning their first Stanley Cup.

All of this is probably wrong.

icecream
10-02-2014, 07:20 PM
Nice list. I have Columbus as this years Colarado but I don't see Edm going even at .500 because Columbus is in a easier division. Weaker teams and less travel really shows towards the end of the season.

Kid Charlemagne
10-03-2014, 12:31 AM
This is for you Sarah K
http://www.sportsblink.com/product_images/michigan-state-spartans-replica-mini-helmet-3349369.jpg

HOPE YOU'RE READY FOR SATURDAY!!!!!

Sarah K
10-03-2014, 12:34 AM
This is for you @Sarah K (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=3236)
http://www.sportsblink.com/product_images/michigan-state-spartans-replica-mini-helmet-3349369.jpg

HOPE YOU'RE READY FOR SATURDAY!!!!!

DUDE! I am SO EXCITED for this! Like, I can't remember being this excited for a game in a LONG time. It feels like something is different this year. But this will be the test of the season. I have a feeling we will implode. We're due for it. I hope they at least hang for a while, though.

I'm seriously so pumped. Like, to an unreasonable level.

Kid Charlemagne
10-03-2014, 12:42 AM
DUDE! I am SO EXCITED for this! Like, I can't remember being this excited for a game in a LONG time. It feels like something is different this year. But this will be the test of the season. I have a feeling we will implode. We're due for it. I hope they at least hang for a while, though.

I'm seriously so pumped. Like, to an unreasonable level.

I feel the same way. I think Nebraska has a shot though. Other than Oregon and that second half implosion, MSU has played some paint cans. Honestly, this is the real Big 10 Championship game. Good weekend of college football ahead, but this game is going to be my main priority.

Ruined
10-03-2014, 12:43 AM
I got to attend last weekend's epic come-back win by the 49ers, over the Eagles. Wow, that game was one hell of a fun roller-coaster ride of emotions. Great memory!

Sarah K
10-03-2014, 08:07 AM
I feel the same way. I think Nebraska has a shot though. Other than Oregon and that second half implosion, MSU has played some paint cans. Honestly, this is the real Big 10 Championship game. Good weekend of college football ahead, but this game is going to be my main priority.

I mostly just want Ameer to remain in the discussion for the Heisman. That likely won't happen with our usual 4 losses. That kid is great - on and off the field. I think(hope) that we at least hang with them for a while. This game is getting so hyped up. Tomorrow is going to be the longest day! People in Nebraska don't have a grip on reality. Everyone wants Bo fired - because of the 4 losses per season. This isn't fucking 1995, people!

Even if Nebraska drops this game, they should win out the rest of the season with the exception of maybe Wisconsin. And I'll be going to the Northwestern game on my birthday, so I won't be shocked if they lose that one, either. Haha.

Kid Charlemagne
10-03-2014, 10:14 AM
I mostly just want Ameer to remain in the discussion for the Heisman. That likely won't happen with our usual 4 losses. That kid is great - on and off the field. I think(hope) that we at least hang with them for a while. This game is getting so hyped up. Tomorrow is going to be the longest day! People in Nebraska don't have a grip on reality. Everyone wants Bo fired - because of the 4 losses per season. This isn't fucking 1995, people!

Even if Nebraska drops this game, they should win out the rest of the season with the exception of maybe Wisconsin. And I'll be going to the Northwestern game on my birthday, so I won't be shocked if they lose that one, either. Haha.

Bo is a good coach, I mean, it's not like he's Bill Callahan. This is going to be a fun game, I hope Connor Cook can retain his pace, dude's been a dark horse Heisman candidate. I think the conference is a lot better than people are giving it credit for.

blackholesun
10-03-2014, 06:46 PM
Nice list. I have Columbus as this years Colarado but I don't see Edm going even at .500 because Columbus is in a easier division. Weaker teams and less travel really shows towards the end of the season.

I thought Colorado would finish 2nd or 3rd to last in the west last year, so it could be possible lol. I like Columbus. They are good, but not great in pretty much everything. Well, they have great goaltending. BOBROVSKY!! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omZPhiT2PeQ) They really need to get Johansen signed though. Edmonton has a bunch of weapons up front, a questionable defense core and a wild card in net...all like Colorado before last year. I feel like the Central all got better, except for Colorado and Winnipeg. Besides the California teams, it's the wild wild out in the Pacific. Should be a fun season.

Dra508
10-03-2014, 07:46 PM
Just got tickets for the outdoor Sharks/Kings game! Woop! Sitting in the nosebleeds though. Should be fun.

All of this is probably wrong.

Is it going to be cold enough?

I hope Nonis doesn't get fired, though it seems like a set up for failure. He is a good guy (I know him).

Being in Dallas now, I'm going to have to follow The Stars, but I probably will forever bleed Black and Gold.

Sarah K
10-04-2014, 06:26 PM
Days like today are why I will never understand NFL fans who don't like college football. Today has been absolutely incredible!

Kid Charlemagne
10-05-2014, 12:35 PM
Days like today are why I will never understand NFL fans who don't like college football. Today has been absolutely incredible!I love both, I love the NFL much more, but Saturday's like last night are amazing, you honestly never know what's going to happen. The top 25 is going to look a hell of a lot different from last week to this week and that excites the hell out of me.

Sarah K
10-05-2014, 12:49 PM
I love both, as well! I just hear a lot of people hate on college while they jack off over the NFL.

blackholesun
10-06-2014, 01:30 AM
Is it going to be cold enough?

I hope Nonis doesn't get fired, though it seems like a set up for failure. He is a good guy (I know him).

Being in Dallas now, I'm going to have to follow The Stars, but I probably will forever bleed Black and Gold.

It should be fine, the one in LA last year seemed to go off without a hitch.

Toronto is probably the hardest place to have a job in the NHL. I think the media really likes to create stories that aren't there.

The Stars will be great this year. And they have black and gold in their colors...so there's something :p

Dra508
10-06-2014, 10:49 AM
It should be fine, the one in LA last year seemed to go off without a hitch.

Toronto is probably the hardest place to have a job in the NHL. I think the media really likes to create stories that aren't there.

The Stars will be great this year. And they have black and gold in their colors...so there's something :p

Oh no, Boston sport journalists are like lynch mobs. Tom Brady was on life support this past week.

The Stars has a few former Bruins so I'll cheer them :) Plus, I'm going to focus on college hockey this year for personal reasons.

Deepvoid
10-06-2014, 12:44 PM
Footage from Jules Bianchi crash. Doesn't look good.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=818_1412603603

Deepvoid
10-08-2014, 10:47 AM
NHL 2014-2015 season starts tonight! Fuck yeah!
Enjoy everyone!

bgalbraith
10-08-2014, 12:21 PM
Does anyone really like the half-time/post-game on-field interviews? I would be so happy if something like this happened: http://wondermark.com/1k67/

icecream
10-08-2014, 09:01 PM
That was a very entertaining game. Great way to start the season! (NHL, MTL V.S TO)

ryanmcfly
10-08-2014, 09:29 PM
Oh no, Boston sport journalists are like lynch mobs. Tom Brady was on life support this past week.

The Stars has a few former Bruins so I'll cheer them :) Plus, I'm going to focus on college hockey this year for personal reasons.

There are only like three Boston writers I follow for Pats articles. They are ridiculous.

Dra508
10-08-2014, 10:21 PM
There are only like three Boston writers I follow for Pats articles. They are ridiculous.

You're from Texas! Impressed

richardp
10-11-2014, 12:03 AM
For real tho, I've never really been into sports all that much, but my fuckin' boys in The Royals are making me hella proud for KC right now.

bruised
10-11-2014, 10:14 AM
That was a great game last night, even thought the O's couldn't really get anything going. They blew that one in the 9th. Gonna be a great series though.

Kid Charlemagne
10-12-2014, 07:44 PM
Won my first fantasy football game this week against Sin Eater, that kind of makes it that much sweeter.

Dra508
10-12-2014, 10:40 PM
I got my arse kicked by cracks' ass crackers. Makes me uncomfortable just saying that name. Matt Ryan, Dez, and Marshawn all failed me.

Tums206_BFY
10-13-2014, 01:22 AM
Hawks lose to the Cowboys at home (credit to the Cowboys they were the better team) and I am getting crushed in Fantasy Football.....yeah can we move on to next week already

bruised
10-13-2014, 09:37 AM
What a walk-off HR last night for Wong, awesome!

blackholesun
10-13-2014, 11:54 AM
Sharks with 2 shutouts to start the season. I'm still not convinced. The Sharks start hot every season. This doesn't feel any different. Alex Stalock is going to be the starter by the end of the year though. Dude is a gamer.

Finally going to be .500 in fantasy football. Only 5 more weeks until Josh Gordon returns!

ryanmcfly
10-14-2014, 08:35 AM
You're from Texas! Impressed

Yep. I've loved the Pats since I was a child. I thought they were the real america's team. We're going up there for the game against Denver in a few weeks! It'll be the fourth one I've been to.

Dra508
10-14-2014, 09:42 AM
Yep. I've loved the Pats since I was a child. I thought they were the real america's team. We're going up there for the game against Denver in a few weeks! It'll be the fourth one I've been to.Ironic since 1. doesn't the team down the road from you call themselves America's team. 2. I was a bit of Cowboys fan as a kid. Waaaay before The Pat's were any good.

ryanmcfly
10-14-2014, 12:55 PM
Ironic indeed. I just thought Patriots were more American than cowboys when I was in elementary school. It kind of stuck, but I didn't really get into football until I met my girlfriend who is also a huge Pats fan.

dogsipod
10-14-2014, 09:32 PM
Fuck da rangers!!!!
3-0
....its all down hill from here.

Kid Charlemagne
10-14-2014, 09:33 PM
I don't know when was the last time I was captivated by a non-Red Sox team quite like the Royals this year. This team is amazing to watch for the wrong and right reasons.

Sarah K
10-14-2014, 09:35 PM
Heading to Chicago this weekend for the Nebraska game. THEY BETTER NOT SUCK

Kid Charlemagne
10-14-2014, 09:40 PM
Heading to Chicago this weekend for the Nebraska game. THEY BETTER NOT SUCK

Should be an easy win. I can't remember the last time Northwestern was relevant.

Sarah K
10-14-2014, 09:43 PM
Should be an easy win. I can't remember the last time Northwestern was relevant.

They always play us well. Beat us in 2011. We won by one point in '12, and three points last year!

Kid Charlemagne
10-14-2014, 09:47 PM
They always play us well. Beat us in 2011. We won by one point in '12, and three points last year!

Looking forward to Notre Dame and FSU this weekend. There's no way in hell they should let that piece of shit Winston play.

Sarah K
10-14-2014, 09:49 PM
I think the autograph thing as a whole is really lame. But when he already has some new shit coming down like every month, you would think he would be extra cautious. He just must be like... Really dumb.

Kid Charlemagne
10-14-2014, 09:51 PM
I think the autograph thing as a whole is really lame. But when he already has some new shit coming down like every month, you would think he would be extra cautious. He just must be like... Really dumb.

He's a fucking idiot. As if he didn't know he would be under a huge microscope, and he does this? The worst thing is that Jimbo Fisher and the rest of FSU are letting him play through this. I don't roost for programs or players to fail, but aside from Penn State, has there been a more reprehensible program than FSU?

Dra508
10-15-2014, 10:36 AM
Looking forward to Notre Dame and FSU this weekend. There's no way in hell they should let that piece of shit Winston play.Meh, I read the NYT article about FSU. I'm sure they don't recognize how f'd up their world is.

EDIT: @dogsipod (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=480) Yes, Boychuck was beloved in Boston. You have a bad ass Dman there. You're welcome.

blackholesun
10-15-2014, 01:00 PM
Fuck da rangers!!!!
3-0
....its all down hill from here.

The Isles are LEGIT this year. I don't need to tell you that haha. Tavares and Okposo are in their prime. The young guys like Nelson and Strome are finally coming into their own. They have an actual NHL-caliber goalie who isn't washed up or bad. They brought in superb depth with Grabovski, Kulemin, Boychuck and Leddy. They are so fun to watch. Will be following them all year.

Kid Charlemagne
10-15-2014, 06:28 PM
Fuckin' Royals!!!

richardp
10-15-2014, 10:30 PM
WORLD SERIES Y'ALL!!!!!!

I really wish every single one of you all could be in KC right now for how electric this city is at the moment!

dogsipod
10-16-2014, 10:21 PM
The Isles are LEGIT this year. I don't need to tell you that haha. Tavares and Okposo are in their prime. The young guys like Nelson and Strome are finally coming into their own. They have an actual NHL-caliber goalie who isn't washed up or bad. They brought in superb depth with Grabovski, Kulemin, Boychuck and Leddy. They are so fun to watch. Will be following them all year.

Still unbeaten!! Holy crap that was a great game. JT shootout goals was one of the amazing. I really hope they get to the playoffs and end the run on LI with some success. In my wildest dreams they would make it to the finals and end their tenure with a cup. I don't even want to think what I would do to get tickets to that.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
10-17-2014, 12:08 AM
Still unbeaten!! Holy crap that was a great game. JT shootout goals was one of the amazing. I really hope they get to the playoffs and end the run on LI with some success. In my wildest dreams they would make it to the finals and end their tenure with a cup. I don't even want to think what I would do to get tickets to that.

Another ETS Islander fan?!? Loving this season so far! The guys look great, and Brock Nelson is really coming into form for the team. JT's goal in the shootout was so good with him slowing down and throwing it right in the back of the net! Hope they bring the fire for the Penguins on sat.

Aywok
10-19-2014, 01:01 PM
I've had this feeling for awhile, but man, Jay Cutler is just more trouble than he's worth. When he's on, he's awesome to watch scramble around (as are most Quarterbacks). When he's off his game, our house calls him "Cuddles" because he gets sacked at least once a drive (feels like). As of right now, he has 168 touchdowns and 120 interceptions. Ugh.

We've had one of the best defenses in the NFL for years; our offense is usually a joke (minus our receivers). We finally smoothed out the Running Back position several years ago, but the offensive line remains a joke.

I "get" being a lifelong Chicago fan. The Chicago Cubs and Bears will always be the best baseball and American football teams, respectively, no matter what. It's just all very frustrating sometimes. Thank the Sports Gods for the Blackhawks.

littlemonkey613
10-20-2014, 12:59 AM
So proud of my Rams today :'). I worship Pete Carroll too so it was a really enjoyable game for me. Means a lot that they shut my boo down. hehe :p

Bradford can kiss his job goodbye lmao

Dra508
10-22-2014, 11:33 AM
ETS Fantasy Football:

This week battle for top spot is going to be a death match between the league of amazing fantasy woman (me and @Trish99 (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=103) ) RAWR!

And cellar dweller Kid Charlemagne beat sineater/agentofchaos. Woo hoo fist bump

Kid Charlemagne
10-22-2014, 12:59 PM
Love how sineater is trying to talk shit on the boards. I know he's probably reading this, so hey shit sipper, remember when you were projected to beat me, and I kicked your ass? Your team still sucks!!!

Dra508
10-22-2014, 02:51 PM
Love how sineater is trying to talk shit on the boards. I know he's probably reading this, so hey shit sipper, remember when you were projected to beat me, and I kicked your ass? Your team still sucks!!!Stinkydumper needs to step up this week, also to move himself into playoff contention. Time moves fast.

Sarah K
10-26-2014, 07:01 PM
Big Ben today... Fucking incredible.

Sarah K
10-26-2014, 08:55 PM
http://i.imgur.com/2NVascI.gif

Kid Charlemagne
10-26-2014, 09:26 PM
I don't even know if I would say that the Jets have an "offense".

ryanmcfly
10-28-2014, 08:49 AM
Sunday can't get here quick enough! Chance of snow too! Hope Brady can keep this hot streak going.

Sarah K
10-28-2014, 08:54 AM
I wanna go to the Steelers @ Jets game so bad. Last year was the first time I didn't make it to a Steelers game in 10 years. But it's like... Do I want to shell out that much money for something that most likely won't even be a game?

I know that in the end, I probably will. But still...

icecream
10-28-2014, 11:26 PM
Looks like my predictions of Columbus Blue Jackets doing well this year might not turn out. I know it's still early but the team seems to be made of glass.

elevenism
10-29-2014, 12:20 AM
can't believe my cowboys lost to the hated redskins last night after that 6 game winning streak.
and then the mavs lost to the spurs by ONE FUCKING POINT.

But i bet the cowboys come back strong, and i bet the mavs kick ass this year too, especially since we got tyson chandler back.

blackholesun
10-30-2014, 12:46 AM
Giants win. Again. My Facebook feed is blowing up. I will be sure to return the favor whenever the A's win again or the Sharks finally win a cup.

Also, this amused me. http://www.theonion.com/articles/2yearold-never-thought-he-would-live-to-see-giants,37320/

Dra508
11-01-2014, 09:09 PM
All Blacks v. U.S Eagles Rugby in Chicago. Hooooly shit. Those Kiwis are amazing!!!

Sarah K
11-01-2014, 09:12 PM
Nebraska won today. But they still had a pretty embarrassing performance. It was difficult to watch. And Ameer got hurt... Hopefully he will be alright.

On the plus side, I will be sitting in the front row for the Steelers game next week!

ryanmcfly
11-03-2014, 12:16 AM
Had a fucking blast at the Pats game today!

Butterscotch
11-03-2014, 01:13 PM
Guh, what happened to the Chargers...

Sarah K
11-03-2014, 01:23 PM
Steelers are on a roll. Ben sets another record. I can't wait for Sunday! Maybe he can throw 6 TDs three weeks in a row!

Kid Charlemagne
11-03-2014, 06:12 PM
It's tough being a Jets and Cowboys fan.

Sarah K
11-03-2014, 06:24 PM
It's tough being a Jets and Cowboys fan.

I'm guessing that being a Raiders fan is a little bit worse..

Kid Charlemagne
11-03-2014, 06:27 PM
I'm guessing that being a Raiders fan is a little bit worse..

Oh man, I don't think they'll win a game, they have a super shot at going 0-16. Yesterday's Jets game was shameful though, I like Kansas City but there's no way in hell they should've beaten them that badly...all while Mark Sanchez is resurrecting himself in Philadelphia. SMH

Sarah K
11-03-2014, 06:34 PM
They might as well throw it away and get first pick. Haha.

James Harrison last night... Goddamn it.

Kid Charlemagne
11-03-2014, 06:48 PM
They might as well throw it away and get first pick. Haha.

I would never wish that upon Marcus Mariotta.

Sarah, who are your NFL team(s)?

Sarah K
11-03-2014, 06:51 PM
Just the Steelers!

Kid Charlemagne
11-03-2014, 06:53 PM
Ugh. I loathe the Steelers, but they run the organization the right way. They plug in guys when they have to and it's worked this year so far. If I have to root for anyone in that division of theirs it's usually Cleveland because I like failure.

Sarah K
11-03-2014, 06:59 PM
Omg... The Browns fans are NASTY. That was the only stadium that I've EVER been in where I felt slightly nervous. They could have been extra nutty that day because of the rivalry. But man, I really don't know if I would ever return. But I do have to respect their fans, at least. It would be hard to stick with a team that is as poorly run as that shitshow of an organization.

Steelers seem to be a "love them or hate them" team. They're doing great right now. But I know they're going to fuck it up in a huge way soon - they always do. It just better not be on Sunday!

Kid Charlemagne
11-03-2014, 07:06 PM
I was taught at an early age to hate the Steelers, mostly because my mom hated them since she was a Cowboys fan in the 70's. Browns fans are insane though, I mean they have to live in Cleveland for fuck sake! But Johnny Manziel is a hometown boy and I love him and feel the need to root for them.

I think Pittsburgh is for real right now though, ever since the second quarter of the Texans game a few weeks back, the offense has been insanely good.

Kid Charlemagne
11-15-2014, 05:49 PM
Melvin fucking Gordon

Dra508
11-15-2014, 06:22 PM
Someone is nice to me and order NHL Center Ice for me. Now I can watch the big bad Bruins.

Sarah K
11-16-2014, 12:44 PM
Melvin fucking Gordon

They should have left him in to see what kind of stats he could rack up. Jesus fuck.

Oh, shit. Also, check the seats I had last week... It's been a shitty couple of football weeks for me. Haha

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/10676379_10153312134658082_8035594724374645478_n.j pg?oh=a8c82d707f69d799b0f48dcd85fe0a4f&oe=54E1737E&__gda__=1423199275_e0d9af276500109fd753abfb19eded4 chttps://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10261975_10153312135253082_1528407024821215668_n.j pg?oh=502ec1a81bcdb0a88856e241de88ffb7&oe=54D5B65D

Kid Charlemagne
11-16-2014, 01:24 PM
Still did not expect the Jets to win that one, it was the most cruel joke ever played on me and it happened to be real.

Sarah K
11-18-2014, 12:35 PM
Steelers release LeGarrette Blount for being a whiny fucking baby.

valiantsteed
11-20-2014, 12:17 AM
I've been enjoying the NBA a lot so far this year, and tonight watched the Grizzles/Raptors game from start to finish. Best in the West (10-1) vs Best in the East (8-2). What a game. Kyle Lowry was an absolute beast. Didn't think the Raps would pull it out, especially with Gasol and Randolph going off, but wow, if they can get one more big man at the deadline they will be a dangerous threat in the playoffs.

Substance242
11-20-2014, 02:25 AM
For me almost everything besides motorsport is kinda stupid, especially in the US, but this weekend we have F1 finale, yay! :-)

Dra508
11-20-2014, 02:34 PM
Steelers release LeGarrette Blount for being a whiny fucking baby.Annnnnnnnd, The Pats pick him back up. Bloody fucking reformatory that team. ;)

darksiren82
11-20-2014, 06:17 PM
Annnnnnnnd, The Pats pick him back up. Bloody fucking reformatory that team. ;)
True that. Probably spilling secrets to Bellichick as we speak.

dogsipod
11-23-2014, 01:18 AM
Sweep the Penguins ....first place.
Amazing story shaping up....

valiantsteed
11-24-2014, 05:39 PM
http://storage.torontosun.com/v1/dynamic_resize/sws_path/suns-prod-images/1297633953369_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&size=650x

RIP Pat Quinn. He was a true gentleman and stood for absolutely no tomfoolery.

Hockey will miss him.

Sarah K
11-24-2014, 06:47 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2278767-johnny-manziel-allegedly-involved-in-fight-in-downtown-cleveland?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

The Johnny Football implosion begins.

TheyCallMeDrug
11-24-2014, 10:27 PM
thank god for the buffalo d. workin my way into the playoffs :)

Dra508
11-25-2014, 09:46 AM
thank god for the buffalo d. workin my way into the playoffs :)

Seriously?! That's only one of the reasons I got beat this week. Ryan Tannehill was my backup QB and I dropped him. I'm so dam dumb!!

blackholesun
11-25-2014, 11:14 AM
Last week of our season before the playoffs. A win would get me 1st round bye and possibly knock Sin Eater out of playoffs. Feeling confident with my team

TheyCallMeDrug
11-25-2014, 03:33 PM
and i had tannehill too :)

Kid Charlemagne
11-25-2014, 08:28 PM
I was down by 40 going into last night and ended up barely beating BFY. Justin Forsett ran his dick off last night.

Dra508
11-26-2014, 10:58 AM
I was down by 40 going into last night and ended up barely beating BFY. Justin Forsett ran his dick off last night.

You lose this week biotch!

Pretty please.

Kid Charlemagne
11-26-2014, 07:28 PM
You lose this week biotch!

Pretty please.

I read this as "You're this week's pretty bitch", which I agreed with.

Sarah K
11-28-2014, 09:33 AM
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--eAqH0wAL--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/dt9sutwgvhukj75jndyl.gif

Kid Charlemagne
11-28-2014, 10:04 AM
God, I know he's an asshole, but I would take Jim Harbaugh coaching the Cowboys in a goddamn heartbeat.

Sarah K
11-28-2014, 10:12 AM
So, I'm real nervous for this Nebraska game today. I think that if we lose this and/or our bowl game, that will be it for Bo. And that's a fucking shame. I really, really like him. He has to potential to lead a great program. He's just not quite there yet, and Nebraska fans are impatient and unrealistic. They're already calling for his head.

Kid Charlemagne
11-28-2014, 12:10 PM
So, I'm real nervous for this Nebraska game today. I think that if we lose this and/or our bowl game, that will be it for Bo. And that's a fucking shame. I really, really like him. He has to potential to lead a great program. He's just not quite there yet, and Nebraska fans are impatient and unrealistic. They're already calling for his head.

This reminds me of something I saw on everydayshouldbesaturday.com (which is the best college football site), they said "Bo Pellini is a school bus driver because he's always coming around 9 and 4".

Tums206_BFY
11-28-2014, 06:02 PM
Big win last night by the Hawk in Santa Clara! Tough game against the Eagles in Philly next week then the 49ers again here at home. Should be a great battle for the playoff spots....

Not looking far ahead though because we have one tough schedule but I am glad the defense is starting to wake up!

Sarah K
11-30-2014, 10:17 AM
http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/11/30/4749958/bo-pelini-nebraska-fired

Legitimately pissed off about this.

Kid Charlemagne
11-30-2014, 01:54 PM
http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/11/30/4749958/bo-pelini-nebraska-fired

Legitimately pissed off about this.

I get that Nebraska has pride for their program, but it isn't the mid 90's anymore. He got the most out of his recruits and plays is a very strong conference and did better than his predecessor. I don't like Nebraska, but Bo got a raw deal, it would be one thing if he were staring at a Brady Hoke level of mediocrity, but Bo is a very good coach who deserved better.

Sarah K
11-30-2014, 01:59 PM
Nick Saban is the ONLY OTHER COACH with 9+ wins in the last 7 years. Let that shit sink in.

Awful. I just watched the press conference with the AD, and he is such a sack of shit. The players are all sending angry tweets and everything. This is no good. Who the FUCK is going to want the job at Nebraska?

I hope he gets another opportunity as a head coach somewhere and just absolutely thrives. He deserves it. Nothing but respect for him. And most of the commentary I'm reading from the fans is negative, as well. Sure, there are a few who are stuck in 1995(relatives of Bill?). But I'm seeing mostly support for Bo - which is surprising to me.

TheyCallMeDrug
11-30-2014, 06:31 PM
oh boy, my team opened up the flood gates and shit all over the place for this last week (sorry rothlesberger mojo)

feeling good going into the playoffs.

Fifey
11-30-2014, 08:37 PM
Well, if my team hadn't completely shit the bed for 6 straight losses after a 3-0 start, I might have made the playoffs this year. Good luck to everyone that made it.

Wings are 1 point out of first place in the East and it's after American Thanksgiving. Looks like people will have to keep waiting for the Wings' demise. Gus Nyquist is leading the league in power play goals, Datsyuk is putting up a point a game, and Dan DeKeyser is looking like he's becoming the best undrafted defenseman in a generation. Good things are happening...you know, except when the power goes out 30 seconds into a game.

Jinsai
11-30-2014, 08:41 PM
I've really tried to get interested in some sports, if only so I can see what the big deal is.

So far, the only thing I've had fun watching was the world cup.

TheyCallMeDrug
11-30-2014, 09:06 PM
i'd pick a single sport. choose something faster or slower paced and learn everything about it. then pick a team and get to know the personalities. basketball is always an easy sport to get into for that reason. easy rules, lots of action, small teams, big stars, big personalities.

beyond that - made it into the playoffs with both my fantasy teams. squeaked in with one and got in solid with the ets league.

Sarah K
11-30-2014, 11:17 PM
https://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/2D1X1BQEQiqJJsNaIM82IShAbXI=/800x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2506098/kcjerk.0.gif

allegro
12-01-2014, 01:17 AM
I've really tried to get interested in some sports, if only so I can see what the big deal is.

Hockey hockey hockey.

elevenism
12-01-2014, 06:15 PM

i'm gonna go with basketball too.
go to a lakers game!

also, play a sports video game.
that's how i got into football.

Deepvoid
12-03-2014, 08:01 AM
The NHL lost one of its great ambassador in Jean Béliveau today. Such a class act. A true gentlemen. May he rest in peace.

october_midnight
12-03-2014, 10:51 AM
Looks like the road to the Super Bowl runs right through Titletown, baby!

http://galerie-des-sports.de/wp-content/uploads/Green-Bay-Packers.jpg

Sarah K
12-04-2014, 11:40 AM
The Oregon State coach has been hired at Nebraska... This seems strange to me.

Sarah K
12-04-2014, 01:56 PM
Yo, Kid Charlemagne, you will dig this.

Since Bo got fired, he didn't have an opportunity to say goodbye to his players. He calls a bud that works at one of the local high schools. Since the school was going to be open Tuesday night for other stuff, Bo's friend agrees to let them use the auditorium so they can all get their closure. Wednesday, it is announced that the staff member will be fined. I set up a GoFundMe, and get the cost covered in two hours. I keep it going, and it keeps gaining steam. The news back in Nebraska interviewed me and shit. I say that any excess will be donated to Team Jack.

Look at the last donation:

$6
Melvin Gordon
1 hour ago

624 yards. I couldn't add an extra $0.24. My thanks for brief record this year and '12 Championship game. Will miss you Bo!

I checked the email address, and it appears to be one that would belong to him. It isn't a school address or anything, so it could totally be fake. But if someone did it as a joke, they went through the extra step to make it believable. I want to believe that it is real, because that shit is HILARIOUS. I tweeted him, but I doubt that he will respond.

TheyCallMeDrug
12-04-2014, 11:25 PM
sooo, stinkydumper ftw with ets baby. im betting on me. memememememe

onthewall2983
12-06-2014, 09:54 PM
https://vine.co/v/OrAZXbKB1P0

Dra508
12-07-2014, 04:26 PM
sooo, stinkydumper ftw with ets baby. im betting on me. memememememe

$473(28@?!fhwt?€£]%]

Yeah yeah mad props to you. My team took a dump.

TheyCallMeDrug
12-07-2014, 04:28 PM
looks like jennings fucked me we'll see what happens.

blackholesun
12-08-2014, 01:12 PM
So, Sin Eater beat me last week to barely sneak into the playoffs, and then went on his vile tirade getting him banned, deservedly so, from the league. Then I had to face him in the 1st round and absolutely dismantled his team. Revenge feels good. Likely going up against whoever is Cracka' Ass Crackers next week

TheyCallMeDrug
12-08-2014, 05:07 PM
ooo, backstory. muy caliente

looks i may be shitting the bed here. good luck tonight ladies and edelman

Kid Charlemagne
12-08-2014, 06:08 PM
Yo, @Kid Charlemagne (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=92), you will dig this.

Since Bo got fired, he didn't have an opportunity to say goodbye to his players. He calls a bud that works at one of the local high schools. Since the school was going to be open Tuesday night for other stuff, Bo's friend agrees to let them use the auditorium so they can all get their closure. Wednesday, it is announced that the staff member will be fined. I set up a GoFundMe, and get the cost covered in two hours. I keep it going, and it keeps gaining steam. The news back in Nebraska interviewed me and shit. I say that any excess will be donated to Team Jack.

Look at the last donation:

I checked the email address, and it appears to be one that would belong to him. It isn't a school address or anything, so it could totally be fake. But if someone did it as a joke, they went through the extra step to make it believable. I want to believe that it is real, because that shit is HILARIOUS. I tweeted him, but I doubt that he will respond.

God, I will continue to love Melvin Gordon after seeing that if this is true. This whole Nebraska thing has been a mess. I'm under the assumption that Husker Nation hates this hire (mostly because I listen to sports talk radio), and I was underwhelmed by the hire as well. Can't wait to see who Michigan gets since nothing has worked for them in the past decade.

Kid Charlemagne
12-08-2014, 06:12 PM
Also, Sarah K thoughts on the playoff rankings?

Dra508
12-08-2014, 10:15 PM
ooo, backstory. muy caliente

looks i may be shitting the bed here. good luck tonight ladies and edelman

Not. My QB is lighting up Julio Jones for you. You're welcome!

Dra508
12-08-2014, 10:19 PM
Likely going up against whoever is Cracka' Ass Crackers next week
themethatyouknow. ??

themethatyouknow
12-08-2014, 11:15 PM
@themethatyouknow (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=105). ??

Yup, that's me. Naturally my team goes for 148 when I have a bye and don't need it.

Sarah K
12-09-2014, 12:01 AM
God, I will continue to love Melvin Gordon after seeing that if this is true. This whole Nebraska thing has been a mess. I'm under the assumption that Husker Nation hates this hire (mostly because I listen to sports talk radio), and I was underwhelmed by the hire as well. Can't wait to see who Michigan gets since nothing has worked for them in the past decade.

I think everyone is pretty torn on the hire. At first, everyone was collectively like "What the fuck?" Because it totally came out of NOWHERE. Everyone already had raging boners about Scott Frost coming home.

My questions at first were:

1 - Why would he leave a program that he had been at for that amount of time?
2 - Wouldn't leaving Oregon State for Nebraska be seen as a pretty lateral move? I mean, sure, it would be a step up as far as "history" and "tradition" or whatever, but it seems pretty even to me.
3 - WHY THE FUCK WOULD NEBRASKA HIRE SOMEONE WITH A WORSE RECORD THAN BO?!?!?!

BUT - The more I hear about the dude, the more it seems like it will be a decent fit. I have a friend in Oregon who HATES college football, and he adores this guy. It sounds like Oregon State has a really difficult time with recruiting because all of the in state kids want to go to Oregon. Or Washington. Or one of the bazillion California colleges. But to me, that sounds like a stupid thing to say. Because I mean, Nebraska historically has to go all around the country to get recruits, and then we rely heavily on our walk-on program. Try to imagine convincing 17 and 18 year old kids to move to fucking Nebraska. We had a handful de-commit when Bo got fired, and another few who said that they were now "keeping their options open".

I dunno. It'll be really fucking interesting to see how things shake out. I'm still fucking pissed off about Bo. They did him dirty, and I love him. I've never ever followed another college team in my life, but I will follow the team that Bo ends up with as much as I can. I don't even know what it is about him. He just seems genuinely nice, and his players respect him and have a very obvious bond with him.

As far as the playoffs, I think that they got it pretty much right. I hear lots of people bitching about OSU making it in over TCU. But dat Big 10 Championship game... Come the fuck on now. That no doubt had a huge influence on it. And since the Big XII refuses to have one so they have "co-champions" or whatever, it's going to diminish what they did during the regular season a little bit. And I'm glad to see OSU make it in. I personally think that they deserved a spot.

I'm excited to see how the playoffs go, though... And what all it will mean for the future.

blackholesun
12-09-2014, 11:22 AM
Yup, that's me. Naturally my team goes for 148 when I have a bye and don't need it.

Welp, good luck to you this week. I have a feeling my team is just gonna poop the bed.

Kid Charlemagne
12-09-2014, 05:23 PM
I think everyone is pretty torn on the hire. At first, everyone was collectively like "What the fuck?" Because it totally came out of NOWHERE. Everyone already had raging boners about Scott Frost coming home.

My questions at first were:

1 - Why would he leave a program that he had been at for that amount of time?
2 - Wouldn't leaving Oregon State for Nebraska be seen as a pretty lateral move? I mean, sure, it would be a step up as far as "history" and "tradition" or whatever, but it seems pretty even to me.
3 - WHY THE FUCK WOULD NEBRASKA HIRE SOMEONE WITH A WORSE RECORD THAN BO?!?!?!

BUT - The more I hear about the dude, the more it seems like it will be a decent fit. I have a friend in Oregon who HATES college football, and he adores this guy. It sounds like Oregon State has a really difficult time with recruiting because all of the in state kids want to go to Oregon. Or Washington. Or one of the bazillion California colleges. But to me, that sounds like a stupid thing to say. Because I mean, Nebraska historically has to go all around the country to get recruits, and then we rely heavily on our walk-on program. Try to imagine convincing 17 and 18 year old kids to move to fucking Nebraska. We had a handful de-commit when Bo got fired, and another few who said that they were now "keeping their options open".

I dunno. It'll be really fucking interesting to see how things shake out. I'm still fucking pissed off about Bo. They did him dirty, and I love him. I've never ever followed another college team in my life, but I will follow the team that Bo ends up with as much as I can. I don't even know what it is about him. He just seems genuinely nice, and his players respect him and have a very obvious bond with him.

As far as the playoffs, I think that they got it pretty much right. I hear lots of people bitching about OSU making it in over TCU. But dat Big 10 Championship game... Come the fuck on now. That no doubt had a huge influence on it. And since the Big XII refuses to have one so they have "co-champions" or whatever, it's going to diminish what they did during the regular season a little bit. And I'm glad to see OSU make it in. I personally think that they deserved a spot.

I'm excited to see how the playoffs go, though... And what all it will mean for the future.
See, I thought it was a lateral move as well. Granted he had a worse record than Bo, but that OSU program has been competitive and in contention in the Pac-12. It's weird, I don't think people realize how competitive and good the Big 10 is, the teams that are good are very good, but the teams that are bad are fucking awful. I don't know, it's going to be weird, I do foresee recruiting going poorly for him a bit, but we'll see.

As for the playoff, I think Baylor should've been in over Ohio State, I understand that the Buckeyes beat a good Wisconsin team, but Baylor beat a ninth rank KSU team that should've put them in. TCU lost head to head and scheduled a weak schedule, but Baylor should've been in there. All that being said, the bowl matchups are looking real good. The Alamo Bowl has Kansas State and UCLA, both in the top 15, that's never happened in the bowl game for us, so I'm stoked to attend.

Bachy
12-11-2014, 08:28 PM
It's been an exciting week for baseball, especially for my White Sox:

https://cbschicago.files.wordpress.com/2014/12/white-sox.gif

Dra508
12-11-2014, 09:35 PM
It's been an exciting week for baseball, especially for my White Sox:

https://cbschicago.files.wordpress.com/2014/12/white-sox.gif

And my Red Sox who let Lester slip away to The Cubs. Well. I sure hope this will get them a World Series. I'll be rooting for Lester and the rest of em.

TheyCallMeDrug
12-14-2014, 01:24 AM
im gonna lose tomorrow. good luck everyone in the playoffs

TheyCallMeDrug
12-14-2014, 09:07 PM
congrats turn down for watt. my team literally fell apart this week. ill be back strong for that 3rd place spot though.

on the brighter side im looking at good money in my other league :)

blackholesun
12-15-2014, 12:30 PM
congrats turn down for watt. my team literally fell apart this week. ill be back strong for that 3rd place spot though.

on the brighter side im looking at good money in my other league :)

Good game and season! Looking forward to vying for the championship. Funnily enough, this will likely be my 2nd highest scoring week all year, the 1st highest coming during our only regular season matchup.

Dra508
12-15-2014, 09:02 PM
Good game and season! Looking forward to vying for the championship. Funnily enough, this will likely be my 2nd highest scoring week all year, the 1st highest coming during our only regular season matchup.

It was my team's 2nd highest scoring week all year too. Too bad it was a worthless consolation game.

I'll still be rooting for @trish in the final, sorry bro. She is in the other semi right?

blackholesun
12-16-2014, 10:05 PM
It was my team's 2nd highest scoring week all year too. Too bad it was a worthless consolation game.

I'll still be rooting for @trish in the final, sorry bro. She is in the other semi right?

Fair enough, she has had the best team all year and deserves to win. I'm happy with being the underdog haha.

Oh god I saw the Sharks/Kings Stadium Series jerseys today. Who approved these?

http://nhl.frgimages.com/FFImage/thumb.aspx?i=%2fproductImages%2f_1969000%2fff_1969 341_xl.jpg&w=400http://nhl.frgimages.com/FFImage/thumb.aspx?i=%2fproductImages%2f_1969000%2fff_1969 336_xl.jpg&w=400

Dra508
12-17-2014, 11:18 AM
^^^ Clearly someone who has the mumps. badum.

blackholesun
12-22-2014, 08:36 PM
Pretty safe to say I'm winning the FF championship. I suck at talking smack. Go me!

Kid Charlemagne
12-22-2014, 08:41 PM
At least you didn't threaten anyone with rape.

blackholesun
12-22-2014, 08:56 PM
At least you didn't threaten anyone with rape.

Dude's been a scumbag since the old days. Good fucking riddance.

TheyCallMeDrug
12-22-2014, 09:14 PM
Dude's been a scumbag since the old days. Good fucking riddance.

that dude went off the handle lol. congrats on the win, I'm OK with taking 3rd. and I won 1st in another league which netted me $800. happy with my FF this year.

Kid Charlemagne
12-22-2014, 10:00 PM
Great season everyone. Look forward to it again next year, we need to find a 10th, but it was competitive this year and even though I finished at the bottom, I'm glad everyone takes it seriously and sets their lineups!

Dra508
12-23-2014, 05:06 PM
Congratulations blackholesun! Way to end 2014!

Thanks @Kidcharlemagne for great league management. You should go after Goodell's job.

Sarah K
12-29-2014, 10:55 PM
BAL at PIT for the Wildcard round. As a Steelers fan, I couldn't really ask for anything more.

Kid Charlemagne
12-29-2014, 11:51 PM
BAL at PIT for the Wildcard round. As a Steelers fan, I couldn't really ask for anything more.

All these matchups are intriguing. I think Baltimore is better than people think and I'm always skeptical at Pittsburgh. I want Baltimore to win, because I legitimately think that they're the only team in the AFC that can beat the Pats. Cincinnati and Indy is a toss up. I know the Bengals and Andy Dalton shit the bed, but Indy is literally playing off Andrew Luck, they have nothing else. That's how good Andrew Luck is, this team is winless without him and with him, they're a 10 win team. I think Detroit had a shot against Dallas, but the Cowboys' offense is so good and losing Suh hurts because I think Demarco Murray now has a free ride to just run over them. Cardinals/Panthers, don't bother, this is going to be a fucking awful game with Carolina winning. These two teams look and play like shit.

Fifey
12-30-2014, 06:53 PM
SUH!!! Suspension lifted!

PLAYOFFS!!!

If Stafford shows up like he usually does against Dallas, we're winning a playoff game for the first time in 20+ years. I'm praying for a Lions/Patriots rematch in the Superbowl.

LIONS!!! :-D

Dra508
12-30-2014, 10:26 PM
SUH!!! Suspension lifted!

PLAYOFFS!!!

If Stafford shows up like he usually does against Dallas, we're winning a playoff game for the first time in 20+ years. I'm praying for a Lions/Patriots rematch in the Superbowl.

LIONS!!! :-D

Odds are Seahawks v. Pats. right ? I might actually watch.

elevenism
12-31-2014, 02:06 PM
i have a feeling dallas is going to win the nfc.
their last two games...jesus, i mean, we just fucking ran over everybody.

and we've already got seattle's number.

of course i'm a little biased...d town bred and fed.

the motherfuckin cowboys.

:)

Dra508
12-31-2014, 03:51 PM
I like Men In Blazers. That is all.

elevenism
01-04-2015, 07:04 PM
Sorry about that flag being picked up, Fifey . That was fucked up.

There were a couple of things that happened in the cowboys lions game that make me suspect more than ever that the games are fixed, even if it's only slightly.

Why in the fuck did that Dakota kid tackle your kicker? That was a MASSIVE penalty that was so avoidable.

Then, why the fuck did your defender tackle our kicker? And why wasn't THAT one called?

Why was a flag thrown onto the field FOR NO REASON and then picked up?

And then that late, late call reversal. it was OBVIOUSLY pass interference against dallas.

But we'll take it however we can get it! GO COWBOYS!

allegro
01-04-2015, 07:27 PM
Go Packers.

Fifey
01-04-2015, 07:42 PM
Fuck that game and fuck those refs. There were missed calls all game, like there always are (all the holding on our D never gets called anyway because Suh is dirty or something so you can hold our guys all day), but how in the hell do you throw that DPI flag, announce it over the speakers, and then while the ball is being spotted, you decide "oops, nevermind...4th down. LOLZ."

Dra508
01-05-2015, 09:41 AM
Fuck that game and fuck those refs. There were missed calls all game, like there always are (all the holding on our D never gets called anyway because Suh is dirty or something so you can hold our guys all day), but how in the hell do you throw that DPI flag, announce it over the speakers, and then while the ball is being spotted, you decide "oops, nevermind...4th down. LOLZ."Ahhhh there's the Fifey I know, hating on the zebras. Tough loss for sure.

icecream
01-09-2015, 12:11 AM
Great to see Luongo get the tribute he deserves. All the Looooo chants made me miss him even more.

Overall the Canucks are doing slightly better than I thought. I thought they might sneak in one of the bottom playoff spots in the west, but it's still too early to tell. A top 4 spot would be nice.

And jeez, can't believe the season Nashville is having. If the nucks are out early this year hopefully my 3rd fav team might go deep. Doubt they could knock off Chi or Ana though.

Tums206_BFY
01-11-2015, 10:17 PM
Packers vs. Hawks for the NFC next Sunday! 1st NFC match of the season (and NFL) will also be the last..... may the best team win!!!!!!

P.S. Bam Bam Kam Chancellor is a freaking beast!

Sarah K
01-11-2015, 10:20 PM
I think this Dick LeBeau situation seems really, really weird.

october_midnight
01-12-2015, 06:29 PM
John Fox gone from Denver...and it's gonna be a case of the falling dominoes, they're gonna clear house. Peyton's done, too. He'll be 39 in a few months and if he's still on the roster, it'll cost DEN about $19 million.

Oh, and I know it's a day late but still

https://s3.amazonaws.com/giphymedia/media/MpOAISfTr3LEs/giphy.gif

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP

october_midnight
01-12-2015, 06:29 PM
Y u double post?

elevenism
01-17-2015, 07:37 AM
Dez Bryant caught that fucking ball last week.

But i have to admit, Green Bay's QB was AMAZING, playing hurt like that.

october_midnight
01-18-2015, 02:41 PM
This game is giving me a fucking heart attack.

PLEASE BASED RODGE.

bgalbraith
01-18-2015, 05:33 PM
Wow. That was an insane end to a game.

Krazy
01-18-2015, 05:43 PM
As someone who abso-fucking-lutely HATES the Packers, all i've got to say is: WOOOOT!!!!!

And : BWAHAHAHAHAAA!!!

october_midnight
01-18-2015, 06:42 PM
LOL NNNNNNOOOOOOOooooo o o

Tums206_BFY
01-18-2015, 08:36 PM
YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!! That was unbelievable!!!!! Bring it New England! I don't even know what else to say that was too Fucking crazy!

Go Hawks!!!!

cahernandez
01-18-2015, 09:04 PM
Get your Pearl Jam/12th Man shirt for the Super Bowl. A portion of proceeds will help benefit the NFL Kick Hunger Challenge with donations distributed to Food Lifeline (Go Hawks!): http://pearljam.com/goods/product_info.php?cPath=1_4&products_id=3259

bruised
01-18-2015, 09:07 PM
Thatta boys Pats, well done!

Dra508
01-18-2015, 10:38 PM
This should be a super bowl worth watching.

october_midnight
01-23-2015, 01:37 PM
Dallas Cowboys fan suing the NFL for the Dez Bryant incomplete catch...to the tune of EIGHTY EIGHT BILLION DOLLARS. (http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4740101/cowboys-asking-for-88-billion-in-suit-vs-nfl)

One would think that even in prison, there's gotta be something better to do with your time.

Still though...lol.

http://a1.fssta.com/content/dam/fsdigital/fscom/nfl/images/2015/01/11/Dallas/011115-NFL-Dallas-Cowboys-Dez-Bryant-MM-PI.vadapt.620.high.0.jpg

BOOOP!

Krazy
01-23-2015, 01:45 PM
Dallas Cowboys suing the NFL for the Dez Bryant incomplete catch...to the tune of EIGHTY EIGHT BILLION DOLLARS. (http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4740101/cowboys-asking-for-88-billion-in-suit-vs-nfl)

One would think that even in prison, there's gotta be something better to do with your time.

Still though...lol.

BOOOP!

Need to edit the top of your post to "Dallas Cowboys fan". At first I was like WTF is wrong with Jerry now!!!???? :-D

october_midnight
01-23-2015, 01:47 PM
LOL oh yeah hahaha...

Dra508
01-23-2015, 01:51 PM
Let's cast this video with ETSers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLk-s2t9Z9Q&sns=em

I'll start: @Fifey (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=126) playing the bitter fan

AND no - @trish or me can not be cast as the one woman stereotype - no way

LULZ

Tums206_BFY
02-01-2015, 10:50 AM
Super Bowl 49 is here!!!! Here's to a good game between the two teams but as always......

GO HAWKS!!!!!!

Dra508
02-01-2015, 01:21 PM
Go PATS!!!!!!!

bgalbraith
02-01-2015, 09:19 PM
Just wow. Pats win!!

Sarah K
02-01-2015, 09:48 PM
Incredible game. I was rooting for the Seahawks. But just a great game to watch! That should solidify Brady and Belichick as the greatest combo. Congrats to them.

allegro
02-01-2015, 10:00 PM
HELL of a game, wow. Lots more exciting than LAST year, zzzzzz.

tony.parente
02-01-2015, 10:11 PM
10/10 best Super Bowl ever.

Piko
02-01-2015, 10:13 PM
Great game. Insane ending. Some divine intervention until that pick.

tony.parente
02-02-2015, 02:46 AM
http://i.imgur.com/MNKOY1M.gif

GulDukat
02-02-2015, 02:54 AM
Don't really care for sports but was glad to see my team win.

Krazy
02-02-2015, 05:19 AM
Pete Carroll and Darrell Bevell are fucking idiots.

/thread and NFL season]

One of the best SB's ever, complete with game ending fight!!!

Dra508
02-02-2015, 08:50 AM
Aside from being a Pat's fan, that was a great game to watch. Russell Wilson was great. Marshawn Lynch is a beast. That Butler kid is a hero. Everything you'd want in a game they call Super.
Now, it's quite amazing how people just have to hate on something, anything.. It started with some Folks on Facebook whining about Katy Perry sucking, Mmmm, no. I'm no huge Katy Perry fan, but I thought the halftime show was well done. Or, maybe I should say, I've seen a few pretty crappy ones. Then it was the whining about the commercials, mostly complaining about the Nationwide commercial. Oh, get over yourself people, yes kids die.

I had heard the domestic violence one on the radio a couple days ago. I thought it was very good.

Tums206_BFY
02-02-2015, 11:32 AM
Very good game! My hats off to the Patriots and their fans on the victory....

Carroll/Bevell called one of the biggest boneheaded plays in NFL history there at the end after what was an absolutely incredible/lucky catch to set them up. I am by no means saying had it gone different that the Hawks would have won for all we know the Patriots defense could have made a stand but that call/play was rushed and obviously killed their being more opportunities. They had plenty of time and a timeout to utilized, honestly I'll never fucking understand that call. The Hawks missed a potential chance to join some of the greats in this game. The future is never given in this league, but the last two years have been great for this team so I am proud of that but that loss certainly will sting for a bit.

It is what it is now congrats Pats.

Dra508
02-02-2015, 12:10 PM
Very good game! My hats off to the Patriots and their fans on the victory....

Carroll/Bevell called one of the biggest boneheaded plays in NFL history there at the end after what was an absolutely incredible/lucky catch to set them up. I am by no means saying had it gone different that the Hawks would have won for all we know the Patriots defense could have made a stand but that call/play was rushed and obviously killed their being more opportunities. They had plenty of time and a timeout to utilized, honestly I'll never fucking understand that call. The Hawks missed a potential chance to join some of the greats in this game. The future is never given in this league, but the last two years have been great for this team so I am proud of that but that loss certainly will sting for a bit.

It is what it is now congrats Pats.
Probably one of the ballesist moves on Bellichek's part - no time out, rushed The Hawks.

I'm moving on to Premier League watching. The BF likes to watch the matches on the weekend so I'm learning and appreciating a bit. I'd love to see Southhampton stay on tip. I think I'll be a Chelsea hater too. :D

Oh yeah, hockey too. Gooooo Bruins.

blackholesun
02-05-2015, 02:19 AM
The NHL decided forgo HBO and 24/7, and go with a new network Epix and a similar type of show for the upcoming Stadium Series for the Sharks and Kings. Usually, these shows are pretty interesting at worst, but it's compelling watching the team I grew up with, behind the scenes. Good stuff, unfortunately Epix isn't widely available, but they streamed the first episode on NHL.com last night.

Dra508
02-05-2015, 03:15 PM
Johnny Manziel enters rehab (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12267487/johnny-manziel-cleveland-browns-entering-rehab-improve-himself)

This surprises me, not.

Fifey
02-07-2015, 10:08 PM
It is now February 7th and the Red Wings are in First Place in the Eastern Conference. Only 9 weeks left in the regular season. So much for that whole missing the playoffs thing. If they can get a right shooting defenseman at the trade deadline, I think they've got to be the favorites to come out of the East.

Will this finally be the year that Mike Babcock wins the Jack Adams trophy?

Dra508
02-08-2015, 08:56 PM
It is now February 7th and the Red Wings are in First Place in the Eastern Conference. Only 9 weeks left in the regular season. So much for that whole missing the playoffs thing. If they can get a right shooting defenseman at the trade deadline, I think they've got to be the favorites to come out of the East.

Will this finally be the year that Mike Babcock wins the Jack Adams trophy?

Poo.
Bruins are Montreal's bitch tonight.

october_midnight
02-25-2015, 10:50 AM
Uh oh.

Apparently old friends of Dez Bryant are trying to extort him, have video of him attacking a woman in a Wal-Mart. (http://seattle.suntimes.com/nfl/7/72/695824/dez-bryant-video-released)

Screenshots apparently already sent out to media outlets, but the video itself is apparently being shopped to the highest bidder and is expected to see the light of day within 24 hours. And apparently the Cowboys are/were aware of it being out there...

edit: Word around is that this is why the Cowboys have yet to finalize a deal to keep Dez. The video is apparently '5x as bad as the Ray Rice video' and they're afraid that it'll end his career and they don't want to deal with it. The source also says that the Cowboys organization itself told Bryant to expect the video to be released within a day. Holy shit.

october_midnight
03-10-2015, 03:07 PM
NFL Free Agency goin' bonkers.

Jimmy Graham from the Saints traded to the Seahawks for Max Unger and a 1st round pick.
Rams QB Sam Bradford and Eagles QB Nick Foles swappin' houses.
New England's Darelle Revis headed to the Jets.
DeMarco Murray is now officially on the market.

Go home NFL, you're drunk.

Deepvoid
03-14-2015, 08:32 PM
Big fighting night with Pascal vs. Kovalev and UFC 185.
I have Kovalev by KO in the 4th.
Pettis will retain his bell.
Will Big Rigg bounce back against Brown??

Deepvoid
03-15-2015, 08:51 AM
So Kovalev in the 8 by stoppage.
Pettis lost and Bigg Rigg won but could not finish. Not even close in fact.

Speaking of Kovalev, I believe Stevenson couls actually beat him. He hits much harder than Pascal.
Pascal was able to land several big punches. Take those but with Stevenson's power and Kovalev is in trouble.

ryanmcfly
03-19-2015, 10:35 AM
Now I'll get shit for this, but I picked the Patriots when I was a child, living in a small town in texas. So I'm not even from New England. I thought they were the real America's team because they are the Patriots. I'm a Dallas everything else fan (Mavs, FC Dallas, not a baseball/hockey fan) though. Weird, I know. But I do fly up there every year for a game, so I'm no bandwagon. It kind of worked out that I met my girlfriend in 2010, who is also a Patriots fan.

Now on to sports, I'm irritated at the the Patriots for letting Revis go but I get why they wouldn't pay him that much money. Excited about Sheard and the fact that we have a third edge rusher. Hopefully the pass-rush can mask the lack of talent in the secondary. I also went to the FC Dallas match against Sporting KC last saturday, and got escorted out because we got too drunk. We were up 3-1, so it didn't matter.

Dra508
03-19-2015, 12:48 PM
Wall Street journal had a script that did your ncaa bracket for you based on criteria you picked like shooting, rebounds etc. I got Wichita State to take it all :P

My alma mater Northeastern is in it for the first time in forever. Go Huskies! Beat Duke! Errrr, yeah, ok, right.

icecream
03-25-2015, 08:43 AM
Few weeks left in the NHL season. Who does everyone have to win the cup? I'm thinking NYR in the East. Maybe Chicago for the West if Kane can play 100% when he is back. But overall I'd be very surprised if NYR doesn't make it to at least the Eastern Conference finals this season.

blackholesun
03-30-2015, 11:52 PM
Few weeks left in the NHL season. Who does everyone have to win the cup? I'm thinking NYR in the East. Maybe Chicago for the West if Kane can play 100% when he is back. But overall I'd be very surprised if NYR doesn't make it to at least the Eastern Conference finals this season.

I have Tampa and St. Louis, both of whom were my preseason picks as well. NYR definitely making a case to return, with an even better team than last year. I'm secretly rooting for the Isles, but I don't think they are quite there yet. My Shorks are all but officially eliminated. It's been a brutal season. I think Minnesota is a team to watch as well. People forget they were so far out of the playoffs at the halfway point. Getting Dubnyk turned their season around. They have a strong lineup.

icecream
03-31-2015, 07:03 AM
I have Tampa and St. Louis, both of whom were my preseason picks as well. NYR definitely making a case to return, with an even better team than last year. I'm secretly rooting for the Isles, but I don't think they are quite there yet. My Shorks are all but officially eliminated. It's been a brutal season. I think Minnesota is a team to watch as well. People forget they were so far out of the playoffs at the halfway point. Getting Dubnyk turned their season around. They have a strong lineup.

Tampa would be a very strong case for the champion in the East. Probably just as good, if not better than NYR I forgot that Lundqvist takes a while to warm up. If he can't be on his game by playoff time then they might be in trouble. Honestly can't see Talbot be able to handle the pressure. If NYI gets paired with the Penguins that would be an awesome series. Gives two slumping teams a chance to play well and one to get the confidence to keep it up.

I don't think the Blues can do it. For some reason I'm not 100% confident they can make it past the second round. Same as with Montreal. I think both will underwhelm everyone but I hope I'm wrong.

Minny has been great since getting Dubnyk, I had them written off before the trade. If they keep up the momentum then they could make it a few rounds or more. My only concern would be Dubnyk wearing himself out. The guy has play A LOT of hockey since getting into Min.

Edit, also if the Kings make it in, they could be a threat in the West.

blackholesun
04-01-2015, 05:21 PM
Tampa would be a very strong case for the champion in the East. Probably just as good, if not better than NYR I forgot that Lundqvist takes a while to warm up. If he can't be on his game by playoff time then they might be in trouble. Honestly can't see Talbot be able to handle the pressure. If NYI gets paired with the Penguins that would be an awesome series. Gives two slumping teams a chance to play well and one to get the confidence to keep it up.

I don't think the Blues can do it. For some reason I'm not 100% confident they can make it past the second round. Same as with Montreal. I think both will underwhelm everyone but I hope I'm wrong.

Minny has been great since getting Dubnyk, I had them written off before the trade. If they keep up the momentum then they could make it a few rounds or more. My only concern would be Dubnyk wearing himself out. The guy has play A LOT of hockey since getting into Min.

Edit, also if the Kings make it in, they could be a threat in the West.

I would love a Isles/Pens first round matchup. Their series 2 years ago was epic. Now the Islanders are a better team and Pittsburgh isn't the juggernaut they once were.

The Blues have been pretty bad lately too and now Tarasenko is hurt. So maybe my pick isn't really that solid haha. And too true about Dubnyk...I don't think they've rested him. I'm sure they'll rest him once they actually clinch a spot.

I hate the Kings so much. They have a real shot at missing the playoffs, but if they sneak in, they would almost be favorites in any matchup. As a Shark fan, this Kings' resurgence has been horrifying to watch. Glad to see hockey doing well in California though.

icecream
04-02-2015, 06:47 AM
I hate the Kings so much. They have a real shot at missing the playoffs, but if they sneak in, they would almost be favorites in any matchup. As a Shark fan, this Kings' resurgence has been horrifying to watch. Glad to see hockey doing well in California though.

I hate the Kings too. I really hope it's the Flames and Jets that get the wildcard spots. A Vancouver/Calgary round would be very entertaining to watch considering the long rivalry there.

The Blues remind me of the Sharks a few seasons back. Great team, just get eliminated for some reason or another too early in the playoffs.

Dra508
04-02-2015, 03:25 PM
My Boston Bruins have slipped into the playoffs. 18 year old won the 7th man award.

Dr Channard
04-04-2015, 10:27 PM
Thank you Wisconsin. All the unbeatable talk around Kentucky was getting tiresome.

thevoid99
04-04-2015, 10:41 PM
Now I want Duke to win more than ever and give Mike Kryzewski another trophy.

icecream
04-06-2015, 03:44 AM
My Boston Bruins have slipped into the playoffs. 18 year old won the 7th man award.

It's Boston's to lose at this point. Pittsburgh doesn't look great and Ottawa might not be able to push hard enough to sneak it. The Sens going down in a SO might be the deciding game.

Also, Habs' leading scorer went down vs Florida :/

blackholesun
04-07-2015, 12:55 PM
Sharks officially eliminated. The last time they missed the playoffs I was 14. Officially rooting for the Islanders the rest of the way. And rooting for the Jets and Flames to make it so the Kings miss too.

Tonight's Pens/Sens is huge. A Pens win pushes the Sens tragic # to 2. A Sens win ties them in points with the Pens and Bruins (and possibly Red Wings depending on their game tonight), though Bruins would have game in hand and all 3 teams have ROW advantage over Sens. I like the Sens story, so I'm pulling for them. They pretty much need to win out and get some help, but the fact they are in this race is pretty incredible considering where they were 2 months ago.