PDA

View Full Version : The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (2011)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9

screwdriver
04-02-2012, 07:32 PM
I don't think people should be refunding them unless they need the money, as it seems rather defeatist, but:
TR/AR/Rob knew the score was going to be pretty long. They knew roughly what they wanted for the deluxe package. Whilst the actual vinyls and content were not going to be ready pre-release, they could've gotten some mock ups of the package with blank vinyls, to make sure it was fine well before the OST even dropped. I understand many things can happen that no one can anticipate, but the OST was always going to have roughly the same release slot, and whilst TRAR were working on the music, Rob could've been getting the mockups, so they'd know about whatever issues have happened in advance.

But of course, this is their second ever deluxe package and first with a rigid timeslot forced by a label (Sony pictures), so I think this was simply a learning experience, and TFDE/HTDA LE/NIN/Whatever will be almost flawless in delivery. Hindsight is 20/20 after all, I just hope the poor experiences with Mute, whoever was making the packages and deadlines doesn't mean that Null Co stop doing deluxe packages, as they are always excellent, and I would buy them all if I could afford it.

And of course, this could be the reason HTDA has mysteriously been pushed back despite being finished on an audio level - they want to actually say "hey, you can buy the deluxe today and get it mailed to you tomorrow, instead of in 4 months!".

agree with what you said except the label-blaming, which seems to be sort of a cop-out. it looks like they're in total control of this. nonetheless, let me just say how much I love this soundtrack, I still listen to it almost every day while working, and I'm very excited for the product!

gorast
04-02-2012, 11:13 PM
After this delay, I'm starting to feel like I should just cancel. 320 dollars is a lot to have back in my pocket, and I'm certainly hurting for money right now. On the other hand, I've been waiting for this for four months, and I don't want to just...give it up. Ugh. I wish it had just been delivered in February like originally announced so I wouldn't be doubting things.

Ryan
04-03-2012, 07:24 AM
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7181/6886620106_52a50480cd.jpg

I would like to see the rest of her.

P.S. - still sticking with my order. Patience is a virtue.

sheepdean
04-03-2012, 07:33 AM
Could the woman be Tamar Levine? If Rob needed a woman on hand to model the necklace, I imagine she'd be rather useful

princessomega
04-03-2012, 08:01 AM
My wife and I figured that Tamar was the model, and a fine one she made.
nice to see her on the other side of the lens.

Could the woman be Tamar Levine? If Rob needed a woman on hand to model the necklace, I imagine she'd be rather useful

orestes
04-03-2012, 09:21 AM
Really, guys?

jhulud
04-03-2012, 10:25 AM
In a later tweet that I sent to Rob, he said that they were using a new manufacturing company for the deluxe set...and he sounded regretful at not using Artist in Residence as they did for the Ghosts sets.

I can fully understand and also feel the frustration at the delays, I'm being patient. So far. I think the fact that it is a package of 3 hours of unheard instrumental music as was put, is a big reason for Rob, TR, and AR to make sure that the deluxe package meets their standards and once in the hands of fans, they feel that they got their money's worth. Not defending them and saying go ahead and keep delaying it until they're happy...but saying that I understand what their ultimate goal must be.

Knowing how much of a perfectionist and detail-oriented TR is, are you not surprised that he wants this to be as perfect as possible and be happy with the final product? I mean, shit...if TR is not happy with it...will fans be?

Hyperpower
04-03-2012, 11:43 AM
okay, im going to say something here that some people in this thread may not agree with and trust me, its not easy saying it either because i am a huge TR fan with pretty much everything he does.

the idea of a $300+ deluxe package in this day and age is a tough sell right off the bat. who has that kinda money generally speaking when people are losing jobs and having a tough time finding new ones,..
yes i bought the Ghosts set and would do it all over again given the choice and would do the same thing for this set too but i do understand that there are loyal fans who do want such sets but just cannot shell out this kind of money.
maybe it was a bad idea to go with these deluxe package ideas just considering the times we are facing but then to compound the situation with delays, makes things even more frustrating. :mad:

The Social Network package was delayed and now The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo has been delayed two times over. Is it safe to say that as much as we like these deluxe packages, right now they do not seem to add up to the prices we pay?
With all that said, i am sure i would be among the first to preorder a Ultimate edition of The Fragile if that ever gets done. :p

ltrandazzo
04-03-2012, 11:44 AM
So, you basically took a stance and then, with the last sentence, obliterated your entire post. Good job. I was with you all the way until that point.

jhulud
04-03-2012, 11:47 AM
the idea of a $300+ deluxe package in this day and age is a tough sell right off the bat. who has that kinda money generally speaking when people are losing jobs and having a tough time finding new ones,..

This right here! I agree 100%. And what kills me to go along w/ that general statement, is that lately I've been seen a lot of bands put out releases in deluxe packaging...at crazy prices as well. Basically gouging fans left and right. I am not saying that's what TR & Co. are doing...but it seems to be more common practice nowadays. And as was said...who really has that kind of money laying around to spend hapazardly.

sheepdean
04-03-2012, 11:52 AM
As long as there are not tracks exclusive to the boxsets, I fail to see the issue with them. If you can't afford it, don't get it, if you can, do.

screwdriver
04-03-2012, 01:04 PM
This right here! I agree 100%. And what kills me to go along w/ that general statement, is that lately I've been seen a lot of bands put out releases in deluxe packaging...at crazy prices as well. Basically gouging fans left and right. I am not saying that's what TR & Co. are doing...but it seems to be more common practice nowadays. And as was said...who really has that kind of money laying around to spend hapazardly.

this idea of "gouging" drives me bonkers. "gouging" is when companies withhold essential services unless you pay exorbitant amounts. like water or electricity. What you really mean is that you want things for cheaper than they are. BMW is not "gouging" me on the price of their cars. I just can't afford one, so I don't get one. Given that all music is basically free nowadays, this model developed as a way to try and make money to support art. I find nothing offensive about that.

Hyperpower
04-03-2012, 01:06 PM
As long as there are not tracks exclusive to the boxsets, I fail to see the issue with them. If you can't afford it, don't get it, if you can, do.

i understand what you are saying... and well personally i did buy both deluxe sets but in the event that i could not afford them... man as a die hard fan of TR, that would suck so bad that words cannot describe it.
maybe the analogy of The Spiral fan club encouraging an elitist community does not fit in with "heres your $10 album and for those who can afford it, heres your $300+ set" idea.

some people may view The Spiral and those $300+ dollar sets in the same sense.
im just happy i could afford these...i just feel very bad for some of those die hards who cannot afford em.

sheepdean
04-03-2012, 01:50 PM
But that applies to anything - screwdriver's example of the car is a good one. I'm a big NIN/TRAR fan, but I accept that I can't own every version of everything. Is it annoying? Sure, I wish I could throw £200 at an album, but it's not going to negatively affect me that I can't - and Trent needs to ensure income for an album when so many people will illegally download it. Hell, on the tags I track on tumblr, I saw someone lament they couldn't find TGWTDT on mediafire, without even accepting the IDEA that someone would pay for music. Look at how Josh Freese does his albums - packages into 5 digits, but no one feels cheated or put out because they can't afford the go karting with Freese or whatever it is, people are happy just to have the music in some level.

Deluxe packages are a great way to make money as an artist, as they can't be digitally pirated. I don't see a comparison to the Spiral at all, there is no elitist club of LE ownership, just fans who enjoy what they have.

jhulud
04-03-2012, 04:50 PM
Maybe "gouging" wasn't the right word to use huh? Oops!

butter_hole
04-03-2012, 06:45 PM
EXACTLY! What's the fucking issue? You either get it or you don't. The standard CD is lavish enough.

blassster
04-03-2012, 10:33 PM
I don't know how much it costs by the end to manufacture such a set, and I'm no economics expert so this shouldn't be taken the wrong way by anyone from the TR camp. I'm thinking if the price was closer to $200/$225 it would have sold out, and maybe less people would be requesting refunds right now because of the delays. I'm just wondering if they're going to have a lot more packs left over than they thought. Like some have said, the movie has been out for a while and the "magic" of this is fading, also making it a hard sell beside the cost.

arachnophilia
04-03-2012, 10:55 PM
my position's the same as it always has been: fine. i'll wait.

same thing when it's taking a long time to come out with an album, etc.

i got other shit to do with my life, i know i'll get it eventually. and for that price, i'd really hope it's perfect. i'm hoping it's because they realized that that kind of binding sucks. my sigur ros boxset is in that binding, and i'm really not a fan of it. i'd much rather have nice thick individual sleeves.

i don't like that it's taking so long, but, that's how it goes.

Hyperpower
04-03-2012, 11:27 PM
EXACTLY! What's the fucking issue? You either get it or you don't. The standard CD is lavish enough.

whats the issue? hm...maybe the delay first of The Social Network set, and now two delays for this set.
considering the kinda money that was shelled out for these sets, one would think that a timely release would be the least fans can expect.

as for me bringing up the cost issue, well i was merely pointing out the signs of today's economic world. yes i bought the set but i really do feel for those who did preorder this and are still waiting and now thinking that the money was better spent towards rent/food whatever other important necessities instead of delays times two.

lets just cross our fingers on no more delays huh... :eek:

princessomega
04-04-2012, 08:43 AM
I dont like it, but I will wait.
Patience is a virtue Trent Reznor has taught me.
I was kinda excited that there was the first delay, because I was able to get an order in.
I was under the impression back in December that they would sell out quick.
I guess I was wrong...Ah alas seeing as how I dont NEED them now Im content to wait for TR/AR/RS to give the seal of perfection on this.
Im more excited for HTDA at this point....:D

shoottofill
04-08-2012, 12:55 PM
The funny thing to me, is I have a piece of camera gear I ordered off Kickstarter that keeps getting delayed too. I get the "Uh...there were manufacturing problems....we need more time" messages from TGWDT and that at almost the same time every delay. With Kickstarter it's more expected though.

sheepdean
04-08-2012, 01:07 PM
Kickstarter generally works on "add 2 months to the due date" principle.

Although, I think KS would be a great way to sell deluxe packages with all kinds of weird bonuses.

shoottofill
04-08-2012, 02:10 PM
Kickstarter generally works on "add 2 months to the due date" principle.

Although, I think KS would be a great way to sell deluxe packages with all kinds of weird bonuses.

We are at 3 months after the due date on the KS project. I'm working on doing video for a KS project for a client, and I told them to add a month to the delivery date for this very thing.

But as to your point about doing it for deluxe pkgs, it would work on smaller bands but not for someone on TR+AR's level.
(i know Simon Joyner just did one here)

Ryan
04-08-2012, 06:55 PM
my position's the same as it always has been: fine. i'll wait.

same thing when it's taking a long time to come out with an album, etc.

i got other shit to do with my life, i know i'll get it eventually. and for that price, i'd really hope it's perfect. i'm hoping it's because they realized that that kind of binding sucks. my sigur ros boxset is in that binding, and i'm really not a fan of it. i'd much rather have nice thick individual sleeves.

i don't like that it's taking so long, but, that's how it goes.

My sentiments exactly.

AgentofChaos
04-08-2012, 07:56 PM
Quick question;

Back when the Dragon Tattoo website first launched, there was an 7 minute plus clip of background music that you could right click and save as 'dotcom.mp3' or something like that.

Did that piece of music make the soundtrack? If so, what track is it? I feel like it's in there, but I can't seem to locate it. Any info would be appreciated...

sheepdean
04-08-2012, 08:05 PM
A very altered version of She Reminds Me Of You

AgentofChaos
04-08-2012, 08:44 PM
Cool, thanks. And that's the end of that chapter.

witte
04-12-2012, 10:24 AM
http://www.topspinmedia.com/2012/04/artist-of-the-day-the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-deluxe-offer?awesm=t.opsp.in_1CBfi&utm_campaign=&utm_medium=t.opsp.in-twitter&utm_source=t.co&utm_content=tweet_button-horizontal

blassster
04-14-2012, 07:34 PM
No idea of the cost, but you can buy a non-USB razorblade necklace (http://jelenabehrendstudio.blogspot.ca/2012/01/sterling-silver-razor-necklace-as-worn.html) and razorblade earrings from the original creator (I think) of the piece Rooney wore. I'm more fond of the USB capability, and jewelery can be expensive... might even cost the same as the deluxe gdt album!

"YOU CAN ORDER THESE PIECES DIRECTLY FROM JELENA BEHREND STUDIO. FOR PRICING AND ORDERING INFO PLEASE CONTACT INFO@JELENABEHRENDSTUDIO.COM"

gorast
04-15-2012, 12:51 AM
No idea of the cost, but you can buy a non-USB razorblade necklace (http://jelenabehrendstudio.blogspot.ca/2012/01/sterling-silver-razor-necklace-as-worn.html) and razorblade earrings from the original creator (I think) of the piece Rooney wore. I'm more fond of the USB capability, and jewelery can be expensive... might even cost the same as the deluxe gdt album!

"YOU CAN ORDER THESE PIECES DIRECTLY FROM JELENA BEHREND STUDIO. FOR PRICING AND ORDERING INFO PLEASE CONTACT INFO@JELENABEHRENDSTUDIO.COM"
Personally I like that one more. The USB one looks really bulky and uncomfortable to actually wear.

simonn
04-21-2012, 10:14 AM
Most odd - I am watching the DVD version of the film, the Immigrant Song in the titles is significantly quicker and higher pitched than the album version!

blassster
04-21-2012, 10:47 AM
Most odd - I am watching the DVD version of the film, the Immigrant Song in the titles is significantly quicker and higher pitched than the album version!

Do you have the PAL dvd? Or are you outside north america? I've read NTSC DVD content is sped up to 25fps from 24fps, which also changes the audio throughout the whole movie.

eversonpoe
04-21-2012, 12:35 PM
Do you have the PAL dvd? Or are you outside north america? I've read NTSC DVD content is sped up to 25fps from 24fps, which also changes the audio throughout the whole movie.

why on earth would they do that?

BenAkenobi
04-21-2012, 01:11 PM
NTSC is 30 fps (29,97 or 30000/1001 to be exact) and it's not sped up from PAL, there's an special algorithm called Inverse Telecine.

blassster
04-21-2012, 03:04 PM
simonn's post just reminded me of complaints (http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=191699) I've come across over the years, so I mentioned an example of a similar thing. I made a mistake on listing 24fps as NTSC standard. I believe I should have said that films are typically shot at 24fps, and PAL viewers can suffer from this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/576i#PAL_speed-up). But now we're heading off topic, so I hope this can explain to simonn what's going on (if this is the same issue).

Leviathant
04-21-2012, 10:49 PM

Last time I was in Australia, at some point we were watching Scrubs, and everyone was chipmunked, but just a little bit. I figured it must have been lazy conversion between NTSC & PAL. I couldn't believe how incredibly stupid that was, but I guess it's easier to speed up audio than it is to time-compress it. My mind was a little bit blown. (Sort of like when Australians find out that the American Mad Max was redubbed, and that we only got the original audio in 2000 here.)

Ryan
04-21-2012, 11:36 PM
American Mad Max was redubbed, and that we only got the original audio in 2000 here.)

http://www.rankopedia.com/CandidatePix/101269.gif

xfocalinx
04-22-2012, 12:16 AM
Caved in, purchased the vinyl. Figured I should take the opportunity since i didn't the the chance to purchase the Ghosts ultra deluxe package.

simonn
04-22-2012, 05:20 AM
It's a temporary 'acquired' R5 version until I get round to buying the Blu Ray.....have now played them side by side and there is a marked difference, and I noticed it on You're Here too...., cos that's my mobile phone text message ring tone...

witte
04-23-2012, 01:21 PM
an example how to get something awesome for a reasonable price (http://www.invada.co.uk/drokk)

sheepdean
04-23-2012, 01:36 PM
That's a CD, a t shirt and 2 vinyl for $100 - 3x the number of vinyl, a custom USB stick, poster and signatures for $300 seems about balanced

jessamineny
04-23-2012, 02:26 PM
I have a difficult time counting that poster as a serious value-added component. Unless it's no longer a fold-out.

sheepdean
04-23-2012, 02:34 PM
Well, it's over 60cm long, not bad

plusminus
04-26-2012, 09:19 AM
Tomorrow is shipping day isn't it? Time sure does fly. I hope it actually ships and we don't get a email about a delay again.

gorast
04-26-2012, 07:06 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m342lhIJ7j1qa0uc2o1_500.jpg
Boy does it hurt to look at this knowing that I cancelled my order to pay off debts to my college.

jhulud
04-26-2012, 07:19 PM
Teaser pics look awesome...kinda miffed that the shipping box has that printed on it because I am sure the box will get all fucked up at the hands of USPS or whomever will be shipped via. And arrive not minty fresh.

Yeah, yeah...being an OCD collector nerd...

jessamineny
04-26-2012, 07:59 PM
Purty! (And they look huge!) Looking forward, in a bittersweet way, to seeing you all post more pictures when they start arriving.

Leviathant
04-26-2012, 11:00 PM
Oh man. I would never even play the vinyl, and doubt I'd use the USB drive, but that picture does kind of make me wish I'd gotten one of those.

eversonpoe
04-27-2012, 12:45 AM
Oh man. I would never even play the vinyl, and doubt I'd use the USB drive, but that picture does kind of make me wish I'd gotten one of those.

you'd never play the vinyl to keep it mint, or because you don't have a record player? (i'm not being snarky, i'm really curious)

butter_hole
04-27-2012, 01:27 AM
I get the feeling this album isn't exactly a MUST HAVE on vinyl? Heavens forbid it's a loud pressing, either.

howdidislipinto
04-27-2012, 02:09 AM
Excitement... growing...

Front door waiting... beginning...

princessomega
04-27-2012, 07:17 AM
Teaser pics look awesome...kinda miffed that the shipping box has that printed on it because I am sure the box will get all fucked up at the hands of USPS or whomever will be shipped via. And arrive not minty fresh.

Yeah, yeah...being an OCD collector nerd...
I had the same thoughts re: that shipping box too. I would love it packaged into another box for shipping.
Attention to detail is obvious just from the four pictures. I can't wait to get mine now.

Leviathant
04-27-2012, 08:54 AM
you'd never play the vinyl to keep it mint, or because you don't have a record player? (i'm not being snarky, i'm really curious)

I have a record player, and I don't put practical things away in cases just to keep them pretty.

For one, the soundtrack is a very, very long listen. In fact, I may have only listened to it from start to finish twice. Secondly, I am squarely in the 'vinyl output is lower fidelity' corner. To believe otherwise is like saying evolution is 'just a theory' or that man-made global warming doesn't exist. That's not snark, that's just fact. Some folks prefer the sound of music being played back on vinyl, and I am just not one of those folks. I do have more vinyl than I probably should (maybe two dozen records) but after giving a few of them a go, I realized that the only reason I'd buy vinyl is to support an artist, or maybe it's $2 more than the digital download and comes with a digital download.

Also to have some record of the music I like listening to, after the massive EMP blows through earth destroying all computers. Ahem.

eversonpoe
04-27-2012, 09:41 AM
Secondly, I am squarely in the 'vinyl output is lower fidelity' corner. To believe otherwise is like saying evolution is 'just a theory' or that man-made global warming doesn't exist. That's not snark, that's just fact. Some folks prefer the sound of music being played back on vinyl, and I am just not one of those folks.

Also to have some record of the music I like listening to, after the massive EMP blows through earth destroying all computers. Ahem.

i completely understand. i'm a big fan of vinyl, but not for its fidelity. i never understand when i'm talking to other audiophiles who think that it sounds better on a technical level...it's simply a personal preference, and some music lends itself well to the format. i personally prefer it for the experience; i think it's much more visceral to have to take a big disc out of a sleeve, put it on a turntable and drop the needle on it than to hit play on an MP3 player, but i still USE an MP3 player on a daily basis.
i'm also addicted to box sets, which is ok, because my money doesn't really go toward any other recreational uses.

also, yes...it'll be nice to have a hand-crank turntable to use to appease our robot overlords.

screwdriver
04-27-2012, 11:05 AM
i completely understand. i'm a big fan of vinyl, but not for its fidelity. i never understand when i'm talking to other audiophiles who think that it sounds better on a technical level...it's simply a personal preference, and some music lends itself well to the format. i personally prefer it for the experience; i think it's much more visceral to have to take a big disc out of a sleeve, put it on a turntable and drop the needle on it than to hit play on an MP3 player, but i still USE an MP3 player on a daily basis.
i'm also addicted to box sets, which is ok, because my money doesn't really go toward any other recreational uses.

also, yes...it'll be nice to have a hand-crank turntable to use to appease our robot overlords.

I just got a turntable for my birthday, along with an original copy of David Bowie's Low. It sounds a little muddy, and it crackles and pops, and changing the sides is sort of a pain -- but that just made me appreciate it that much more. It's all fun. I don't plan to have more than a few records.

Leviathant
04-27-2012, 12:17 PM
I just got a turntable for my birthday, along with an original copy of David Bowie's Low. It sounds a little muddy, and it crackles and pops, and changing the sides is sort of a pain -- but that just made me appreciate it that much more. It's all fun. I don't plan to have more than a few records.

I'm veering horribly off topic, but I have several albums by Belong which are absolutely better on vinyl, period - especially during a daytime downpour.

ltrandazzo
04-27-2012, 02:39 PM
Keeping it off topic - Belong is one of those musical projects that is perfect for vinyl since it's ambient. I have a few as well, but haven't listened to them.

On topic - Dude. I can not wait for this package to arrive next week. So, so, so damn awesome looking.

eversonpoe
04-27-2012, 03:30 PM
yeah, i've been looking forward to this for so long, now...and i've been so stressed out lately (working, moving, doing sound design and running sound for a play), i'm hoping that i have a day to just sit down and listen to this all the way through.

witte
04-27-2012, 06:40 PM
Nice to see the package at last.
Unfortunately I'm on holidays.
I sent an email a couple of day ago, but still no reply.
Did somebody already get a confirmation that the package is shipped?

Deadpool
04-27-2012, 06:54 PM
I was just going to ask the same thing - I still haven't received a confirmation email.

richardp
04-27-2012, 11:20 PM
Neither have I. Been checking all day.

Ryan
04-28-2012, 01:28 AM
Nope. Not for me.

Ryan
04-28-2012, 01:31 AM
Boy does it hurt to look at this knowing that I cancelled my order to pay off debts to my college.

Looks amazing though!

Warped_Savant
04-28-2012, 02:06 AM
I recently acquired a 1916 hand crank 78 player along with a few boxes of records for it and a whole lot of needles. Which is good because the needles need to be replaced every 5 songs or so.

Sadly, it can't play modern day records.

Ryan
04-28-2012, 02:56 AM
My record player is one of those CD/cassette/vinyl players with a USB port that records all mediums to 128kbps mp3. Pretty handy for cassette and vinyl only tracks, just the hit of a button and a USB with space on it.

There's also an SD card port as well.

witte
04-28-2012, 03:48 AM
technics 1200 mk2. :)

arachnophilia
04-29-2012, 12:11 AM
I get the feeling this album isn't exactly a MUST HAVE on vinyl? Heavens forbid it's a loud pressing, either.

probably not a must-have no. and i really hope it's nice and loud. the slip and year zero remixed were way too quiet. even the remastered PHM was kind of quiet.

Secondly, I am squarely in the 'vinyl output is lower fidelity' corner. To believe otherwise is like saying evolution is 'just a theory' or that man-made global warming doesn't exist. That's not snark, that's just fact. Some folks prefer the sound of music being played back on vinyl, and I am just not one of those folks.

i am, even if i agree with the sound factual accuracy of the first part.

part of it is mastering -- which, ironically, is one of the reasons i think nin tends to be better on digital formats. vinyl just doesn't clip and distort the same way; a positive for most music, but a negative when it's supposed to do that. so records like broken just don't sound the same.

another part is the distortion that vinyl does add. i happen to think that in some cases it makes music more pleasing my ears.

technics 1200 mk2. http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/images/smilies/smile.png

ditto. a very nice turntable.

sven
04-30-2012, 06:03 AM

where did the photo come from?

sven
04-30-2012, 06:09 AM
no confirmation mail either...

plusminus
04-30-2012, 07:27 AM
where did the photo come from?

Rob Sheridan posted it on Twitter.

Does anyone in the USA remember what shipping carrier was used for the GDT CD?

Maurish
04-30-2012, 01:21 PM
Some more shots from Mouth Taped Shut.

http://mouth-taped-shut.com/post/22130355123/the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-deluxe-limited

witte
04-30-2012, 02:12 PM
Am I wrong or are the vinyl sleeves different from the first lay out we saw in december/march?

gorast
04-30-2012, 02:51 PM
You know, the more I look at the final package, the less I start to care that I don't have it anymore. Hm. If I have another 300 dollars to throw down I might look into it, but looking at the multitude of images, it's not as appealing as it once was.

jhulud
04-30-2012, 03:14 PM
I just got a shipping notification email from UPS via Insound...could it be the deluxe set? I guess I'll know on May 3rd when it says it will arrive.

richardp
04-30-2012, 09:24 PM
So by the looks of it, the USB is just tucked inside the front cover, and doesn't come with the chain?

dcl
04-30-2012, 09:25 PM
So by the looks of it, the USB is just tucked inside the front cover, and doesn't come with the chain?
That's my guess.

Already May and we don't have it :o it will be almost 5 months since ordering it in a few days, lol.

NotoriousTIMP
05-01-2012, 08:40 AM
can we still place an order for this? I cancelled my previous order but now I'm wishing I hadnt :(

Leviathant
05-01-2012, 08:59 AM
I believe you can at http://www.nullco.com/GDT/usd.php

sheepdean
05-01-2012, 11:16 AM
It's embedded in the cover in its own little slot, with the chain tucked behind it

ninperu
05-01-2012, 03:54 PM
From Perú: I just saw that topspin send me my box set yesterday... http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nine-Inch-Nails-Per%C3%BA/122876062246

voidnz
05-02-2012, 03:57 AM
So hopefully mine's on it's way. What a joke how long this has taken. Oh well i'm sure it'll be worth it.

acidpolly
05-02-2012, 06:55 AM
I wonder when/if this weird Sandbag ever sends me a shipment notification... I don't even mention package tracing number.

princessomega
05-02-2012, 08:28 AM
Anyone who did order, have you recieved any sort of shipping notification?
Im starting to get anxious about the arrival of this package, Ive been checking my regular inbox and spam mail looking for a notification, yet nothing has arrived yet.

witte
05-02-2012, 08:46 AM
No, nothing. I sent them an email asking how to handle when you're on holiday. No reply. Nothing!

Did someone here already receive the package? Which company does the transport? I'm curious what I find when I'm back home.

kdrcraig
05-02-2012, 10:13 AM
I'm pretty surprised that none of us have gotten any kind of email about what the hell is going on, also starting to get pissed.

otnavuskire
05-02-2012, 10:28 AM
Anyone who did order, have you recieved any sort of shipping notification?
Im starting to get anxious about the arrival of this package, Ive been checking my regular inbox and spam mail looking for a notification, yet nothing has arrived yet.

I'm pretty surprised that none of us have gotten any kind of email about what the hell is going on, also starting to get pissed.

Some people on this very page have posted about getting shipment notifications. Topspin sucks about notifying everyone. It goes like this with them every time (even when there aren't delays), and everyone gets their orders. It'll come.

jhulud
05-02-2012, 10:36 AM
As I posted earlier, I did get a UPS shipping email sourced from Insound. I am assuming that it's the GDT set as I am not expecting any other packages outside of some records but those have not been sent out yet. According to the tracking I should have this delivered tomorrow. We shall see. If it is, I'll post with the quickness.

kdrcraig
05-02-2012, 10:56 AM
Yeah I saw those posts, I meant no one has gotten an email specifically saying the the GDT set has shipped. When I got the email for all the Social Network stuff I pre-ordered it said exactly what shipped.

princessomega
05-02-2012, 11:45 AM
Yeah I saw those posts, I meant no one has gotten an email specifically saying the the GDT set has shipped. When I got the email for all the Social Network stuff I pre-ordered it said exactly what shipped.
Thats pretty much where my own wondering was going with that.
I had wondered if that email was more specific.
Alas, we will have to just keep any eye out still.

TheBang
05-02-2012, 08:46 PM
If you go back to your original order confirmation e-mail (Subject: "Your Order from Null Corporation GDT has been updated"), there is a link at the top that says "Live Receipt". If you click on that, at the bottom of that screen is a "Shipping" section, and it will have the tracking number for your "GDT - Deluxe" set.

If the number starts with 1Z, it's a UPS number. If it starts with a 9, it's a USPS number.

ThinkIcouldburn
05-02-2012, 08:53 PM
Rob told me last Saturday they'd be trickling out over the next 4-5 days. So all should be either out or going out by tomorrow. Still haven't gotten an e-mail from Topspin either, but I see that mine was shipped out yesterday. Excited to finally get my hands on it.

richardp
05-02-2012, 10:54 PM
Awesome, thanks Bang. Looks like mine was shipped on the 30th via USPS.

voidnz
05-03-2012, 03:52 AM
If you go back to your original order confirmation e-mail (Subject: "Your Order from Null Corporation GDT has been updated"), there is a link at the top that says "Live Receipt". If you click on that, at the bottom of that screen is a "Shipping" section, and it will have the tracking number for your "GDT - Deluxe" set.

If the number starts with 1Z, it's a UPS number. If it starts with a 9, it's a USPS number.

Lol, now to find an over half year old email.

voidnz
05-03-2012, 04:03 AM
Mine has shipped wooot.

butter_hole
05-03-2012, 04:33 AM
Lol, now to find an over half year old email.
oh god if only there was a single website that hosted all of your emails with a search function or something

princessomega
05-03-2012, 06:58 AM
Thanks for the info. According to USPS mine is scanned in on May 1st. Hopefully it will be here before weeks end.
Im totally stoked now.

kdrcraig
05-03-2012, 06:59 AM
Nice, thanks for the info Bang, mine shipped on the 30th via USPS, they haven't actually sent it out yet but at least it's in the works.

witte
05-03-2012, 07:12 AM
Thanks for the info. According to USPS mine is scanned in on May 1st. Hopefully it will be here before weeks end.
Im totally stoked now.

The same for me. I think/hope it'll arrive in the dutch mountains next week. :)
Not at home till next weekend.

jhulud
05-03-2012, 08:17 AM
"Out for Delivery"...WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

ike_krull
05-03-2012, 11:17 AM
just got mine, Manchester UK

ike_krull
05-03-2012, 11:34 AM
Wow, didn't expect to be the first person posting, given im in the UK and the massive cock up sandbag hq made of my order.
I managed to place an order through their site, but ended up with no confirmation but the money being taken from my account, i had to contact Topspin to sort it out. I was skeptical i would get it at all.
I got 1369. It's a cool set, very well packaged and everything looks great.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/534/1060924.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/443/1060925.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/502/1060926.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/402/1060927.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/803/1060928.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/535/1060929.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/23/1060930.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/576/1060931.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/138/1060932.jpg/

jhulud
05-03-2012, 11:38 AM
Mine delivered according to UPS tracking. Psyched to see it. Thanks for the pics ike_krull.

richardp
05-03-2012, 12:22 PM
I'm wondering how some got shipped UPS and others got shipped USPS, here in the US.

RJK
05-03-2012, 02:07 PM
It depends what shipping option you picked when you checked out.

witte
05-03-2012, 03:16 PM
Wow, didn't expect to be the first person posting, given im in the UK and the massive cock up sandbag hq made of my order.
I managed to place an order through their site, but ended up with no confirmation but the money being taken from my account, i had to contact Topspin to sort it out. I was skeptical i would get it at all.
I got 1369. It's a cool set, very well packaged and everything looks great.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/534/1060924.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/443/1060925.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/502/1060926.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/402/1060927.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/803/1060928.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/535/1060929.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/23/1060930.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/576/1060931.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/138/1060932.jpg/

Thanks for the pics.
How do the vinyls look and sound?
We all know the GHOSTS vinyls had some damages and bad marks...
Enjoy.

acidpolly
05-03-2012, 03:30 PM
mine is already in Moscow (according to tracking kindly provided by Sandbag by my request) so hopefully I'll get it SOON! :)

jhulud
05-03-2012, 04:57 PM
Well...I stand corrected...what arrived today via UPS was a record I ordered a while back. I checked the live receipt for GDT and it says some shit about scanned or accepted or something on 5/1. So it may not have even left where it's coming from. FUCKSHITDAMN!!!

richardp
05-03-2012, 05:19 PM
It depends what shipping option you picked when you checked out.

Hmm I honestly don't remember seeing an option when I checked out. Not sure why I picked USPS.

screwdriver
05-03-2012, 06:55 PM
got mine!! going to give it a test spin tonight :-)

352/3000. the packaging is really beautiful. the vinyl sounds great so far. its funny how little bass there is at the end of immigrant compared to the "real" version -- silly vinyl format limitations :-) still, all fun. thanks fiancee... between this, OK Computer, and Low, I think I'm set on Vinyl for awhile. :-)

RJK
05-03-2012, 07:51 PM
Hmm I honestly don't remember seeing an option when I checked out. Not sure why I picked USPS.

It doesn't specifically say USPS or UPS, the cheapest two are USPS and the two more expensive are UPS.

ninjaw
05-04-2012, 06:27 AM
is there a fan google maps somewhere to lists the sets ?

Scramasax
05-04-2012, 07:06 AM
Mine shipped on the 30th of last month with any luck it'll be here tomorrow or maybe even today.

Volk
05-04-2012, 08:28 AM
Mine went out on the 30th via USPS...I'm not expecting a very prompt delivery via post office though.

sheepdean
05-04-2012, 08:28 AM
So, anything cool on the USB stick, like Ghosts had on the DVD?

screwdriver
05-04-2012, 10:02 AM
So, anything cool on the USB stick, like Ghosts had on the DVD?

wow, I didn't even think to check. I'll take a look tonight after work/avengers.

plusminus
05-04-2012, 11:00 AM
Mine went out on the 30th via USPS...I'm not expecting a very prompt delivery via post office though.

Mine is going through USPS as well. Kind of wish I paid more for shipping because USPS is horrible with tracking shipments so I have no clue where it is right now.

kdrcraig
05-04-2012, 11:22 AM
Mine is going through USPS as well. Kind of wish I paid more for shipping because USPS is horrible with tracking shipments so I have no clue where it is right now.

Same here, really have no idea why I didn't choose UPS, I hate getting stuff shipped through USPS.

richardp
05-04-2012, 11:53 AM
Maybe the USPS shipping was free? That's the only conceivably explanation as to why I would have chosen that option. And it's been so long, that I don't even remember.

jhulud
05-04-2012, 12:02 PM
I think I chose USPS because I have less faith in UPS...and I couldn't remember for the life of me how the Ghosts Deluxe sets were shipped back when.

RJK
05-04-2012, 01:45 PM
Maybe the USPS shipping was free? That's the only conceivably explanation as to why I would have chosen that option. And it's been so long, that I don't even remember.

The cheapest shipping option was over $18. They just aren't very clear about what service they use to ship things.

I think I chose USPS because I have less faith in UPS...and I couldn't remember for the life of me how the Ghosts Deluxe sets were shipped back when.

Ghosts was shipped via Fedex, which sucked because they never said what service they were using and I had it shipped to my Post Office box.

Volk
05-04-2012, 03:38 PM
Yeah, it's been so long since we've ordered, USPS was probably shipping via covered wagon back then.

snakekontrol
05-04-2012, 06:57 PM
Got mine today, 1331, the usb only has the FLAC files, along the mp3 files, the flac files are about 80mb long and are 96khz

cheddamash
05-05-2012, 06:01 AM
God damn it! They sent mine out via USPS Media Mail... the slowest possible method. Really?! They delayed a preordered item 3 months... they could have at least sent it Priority ffs!

Furie_Zacharias
05-05-2012, 10:08 AM
Just got mine 0080/3000!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thepersistenceofloss/sets/72157629971091707/

nodylnai
05-05-2012, 12:47 PM
Anybody feel like sharing the FLAC?

witte
05-05-2012, 02:47 PM
Mine are still located in LA.
I ordered two.
One for me and one for an other dutch collector friend.

jhulud
05-05-2012, 03:10 PM
I don't know where my set is...USPS tracking still says "Electronic Shipping Info Received" on May 1st. Thanks Priority mail...

gorast
05-05-2012, 05:12 PM
Just got mine 0080/3000!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thepersistenceofloss/sets/72157629971091707/
80? Holy shit. Congrats on that low-ass number.

ascension
05-05-2012, 07:15 PM
My receipt states that it shipped 5/1. However tracking at USPS still says "electronic notification received". I contacted TopSpin and this was their response.

Thanks for your patience. Our fulfillment team has informed me that your shipping label was created, but we are currently waiting to receive the product you ordered so that it can be shipped out. Once it is received, which we expect to be in the next week, your order will be sent out for delivery, and you will be able to follow the tracking information for your order. Apologies for any confusion, and thanks for your patience with this order.

W.T.F.

Has anyone in the States received their order?

richardp
05-05-2012, 07:56 PM
My receipt states that it shipped 5/1. However tracking at USPS still says "electronic notification received". I contacted TopSpin and this was their response.

W.T.F.

Has anyone in the States received their order?

WTF?! Yeah my USPS tracking says the same thing and I was trying to stay optimistic about it. During all of the production delays I never once got annoyed, but GODAMMIT I'm getting very annoyed at this shipping stuff.

Ryan
05-05-2012, 08:27 PM
Mine was shipped on April 30 I think. Should have it this coming week hopefully. :)

jessamineny
05-05-2012, 08:44 PM
Maybe TR and Atticus are still signing them? Maybe the product really wasn't available until the deadline, and instead of waiting for them to sign all 3,000 they started shipping them as soon as a batch was signed...

P.S. Dear Topspin, please "accidentally" mail my canceled order. :D

Furie_Zacharias
05-06-2012, 04:17 AM
80? Holy shit. Congrats on that low-ass number.

Thanks, I don't know if it has anything to do with when you ordered but I ordered immediately when the UK site was back up.

witte
05-06-2012, 11:22 AM
Looks like people who made an UK order at Sandbag are the lucky ones.
And it was Sandbag who made the biggest mess when the sale started in dec 2011 ...

richardp
05-06-2012, 11:28 AM
I ordered mine within a minute of the site going live, but I feel like my number will be in the 2000s or something. Not that something like that REALLY matters, but you know, it'd still be cool to have a low number.

idoru
05-06-2012, 11:41 AM
I think the numbering is random, I made a Sandbag order as early as was possible on the site & my set is #2866.

NotoriousTIMP
05-06-2012, 12:28 PM
I wish I hadn't cancelled my order now :(

sheepdean
05-06-2012, 12:37 PM
I wish I hadn't cancelled my order now :(
Not sold out yet

reseen_lamenti
05-07-2012, 06:50 AM
Just got 0067/3000. FOR THINE IS THE KINGDOM & THE POWER & THE GLORY FOREVER AMEN
https://p.twimg.com/AsSki7hCIAAsx-S.jpg

This is going straight to the pool room. And this bodes well for my collection.

Ryan
05-07-2012, 07:03 AM
I want 69 or 666.

jhulud
05-07-2012, 09:04 AM
I just mine already...don't care what number I get.

Hyperpower
05-07-2012, 09:26 AM
so...its May 7th and i haven't gotten mine and no email updates either.
should i worry now? :confused:

richardp
05-07-2012, 12:19 PM
so...its May 7th and i haven't gotten mine and no email updates either.
should i worry now? :confused:

Yeah I'm getting worried too. But scroll up and look at Ascensions post. That's more than likely where our packages are at. And it fucking sucks.

Ryan
05-07-2012, 05:58 PM
Mine arrived and is waiting at home for me to open it this afternoon!

And I'm in freaking AU!

trollmanen
05-07-2012, 08:31 PM
I want 69 or 666.

They probably kept No. 666, they did with Ghosts because it was one of the ones they auctioned for charity last year.

Even after seeing the pictures, I'm not sorry I canceled my order. I probably wouldn't listen the vinyl or really use the USB drive (would want to keep it mint). I was kinda hoping for some studio shots of them from the recording process, but from what I've seen it looks like there's only some pages with film stills. The set looks great though, but I'll save my money for when they eventually put out the Fragile set.

Ryan
05-08-2012, 03:36 AM
Mine arrived and is waiting at home for me to open it this afternoon!

And I'm in freaking AU!

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/403544_10150863991998713_540763712_9540411_6155811 3_n.jpg

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/574779_10150863992133713_540763712_9540412_1388624 735_n.jpg

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s720x720/582179_10150863992243713_540763712_9540413_1102820 914_n.jpg

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s720x720/581278_10150863992323713_540763712_9540414_8082219 1_n.jpg

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/149719_10150863992403713_540763712_9540415_1675639 194_n.jpg

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/156530_10150863992483713_540763712_9540416_4867952 98_n.jpg

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/485869_10150863992553713_540763712_9540417_3562563 50_n.jpg

Ryan
05-08-2012, 03:37 AM
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/577891_10150863992688713_540763712_9540418_3866082 05_n.jpg

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s720x720/564887_10150863992768713_540763712_9540419_1101652 36_n.jpg

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s720x720/544738_10150863992843713_540763712_9540420_2075046 472_n.jpg

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s720x720/561240_10150863992908713_540763712_9540421_1060354 931_n.jpg

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s720x720/540259_10150863993023713_540763712_9540423_9601983 35_n.jpg

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s720x720/554481_10150863993133713_540763712_9540424_1219498 460_n.jpg

dcl
05-08-2012, 05:55 AM
Just got 0067/3000. FOR THINE IS THE KINGDOM & THE POWER & THE GLORY FOREVER AMEN
https://p.twimg.com/AsSki7hCIAAsx-S.jpg

This is going straight to the pool room. And this bodes well for my collection.
Awesome. Fellow Melbournite here, hope mine comes soon!

princessomega
05-08-2012, 08:49 AM
Mine is out for delivery today.
Debating on weather I should take my lunch break and drive home to retrieve, since my mail man is an idiot and will most likely leave it out in the rain today.
I was hoping to keep that outer box looking somewhat deacent.

Volk
05-08-2012, 10:10 AM
Still no update on mine from USPS. I can only assume it is still sitting in a warehouse somewhere. I have basically stopped caring at this point. After all the delays, they should have considered upgrading the shipping to UPS 2nd day for us.

slfdstrx
05-08-2012, 12:30 PM
Mine finally went to shipping last night. Looks like it left California today. Says I'd chosen 2-3 day USPS, so hopefully I'll get it by the end of the week.

ascension
05-08-2012, 01:59 PM
Mine was just delivered. TopSpin still sucks.

witte
05-08-2012, 02:06 PM
Funny ....
Keep calm, they will be delivered.
By the way. Mine has left LA and now is located in Japan. Not really the Dutch Mountains, I'd say. :) :)

princessomega
05-08-2012, 02:13 PM
Finally got mine, ran out to pick it up in the rain, thankfully my box wasnt too wet.
I got number 2923...
It looks so beautiful well worth my wait.

jhulud
05-08-2012, 02:17 PM
So so far looks like U.S. peeps are getting in the high-end numbers while rest of the world low numbers...super...not that it matters anyways...we're all getting the same damn thing. Some faster than others.

jhulud
05-08-2012, 02:17 PM

How so?...I have my opinions too...just curious to hear yours.

ascension
05-08-2012, 02:36 PM
How so?...I have my opinions too...just curious to hear yours.

I haven't been freaking out about this. But the general lack of communication and receiving bad information when they did communicate has made this a bad experience in my view. There's not many things I'm willing to instantly drop $300 on and I think TopSpin could have done a much better job of keeping us informed.

jessamineny
05-08-2012, 02:38 PM
So so far looks like U.S. peeps are getting in the high-end numbers while rest of the world low numbers...super...not that it matters anyways...we're all getting the same damn thing. Some faster than others.

It was generally the other way around for Ghosts.

Fadeout54321
05-08-2012, 06:25 PM
top spin is the worst. I emailed them yesterday asking what was going on since i had not heard from them and the tracking was from the 1st and has made no progress. They responded today asking me to verify my mailing address and did not answer any of my questions. seriously fuck them.

gorast
05-08-2012, 06:34 PM
Topspin seems to be sort of hit and miss. Whenever I had to deal with them, they came through quickly, be it issues with my shipment or having to cancel an order.

ascension
05-08-2012, 08:58 PM
Just cracked open the box. 455/3000

richardp
05-08-2012, 10:57 PM
top spin is the worst. I emailed them yesterday asking what was going on since i had not heard from them and the tracking was from the 1st and has made no progress. They responded today asking me to verify my mailing address and did not answer any of my questions. seriously fuck them.

I emailed them last night about the exact same thing and still have not gotten a response.

ThinkIcouldburn
05-08-2012, 11:29 PM
"Thank you for your inquiry. We have just been informed that the tracking information for your order should be updated in the next day or so. If you haven't received your package by then, please be sure to check your tracking number once again."

So either they have no idea where my package is, or they are blatantly lying and haven't yet shipped it. This is my third terrible interaction with Topspin in a row. I know it's a small operation, but simple things like telling the truth and keeping decent communication is not asking too much.

richardp
05-08-2012, 11:38 PM
"Thank you for your inquiry. We have just been informed that the tracking information for your order should be updated in the next day or so. If you haven't received your package by then, please be sure to check your tracking number once again."

So either they have no idea where my package is, or they are blatantly lying and haven't yet shipped it. This is my third terrible interaction with Topspin in a row. I know it's a small operation, but simple things like telling the truth and keeping decent communication is not asking too much.

I defended them countless times during the production delays because it simply wasn't THEIR fault, and never had an issue with them, but seriously.. fuck this shipping fiasco. It's so irresponsible to basically "lose" peoples packages in the mail, or in my case just flat out never send it. Like, I don't want to be THAT guy, but it would KIND OF be nice to hear a small tiny "Ooops, yeah sorry for everything" from SOMEONE.

sheepdean
05-08-2012, 11:44 PM
#firstworldproblems

jessamineny
05-09-2012, 05:15 AM
If you chose USPS delivery, the tracking might not update until it's actually delivered. I remember receiving packages where there was an entry when it leaves and when it arrives -- nothing in between.

gunn13
05-09-2012, 05:26 AM
Received mine yesterday afternoon... Looks even more amazing than I expected.
1402/3000

I placed my order on 2nd Jan. I'm in Glasgow.

dcl
05-09-2012, 07:53 AM
If you chose USPS delivery, the tracking might not update until it's actually delivered. I remember receiving packages where there was an entry when it leaves and when it arrives -- nothing in between.
Interesting. Let's hope so, otherwise mines been sitting in LA for a while.

otnavuskire
05-09-2012, 08:54 AM
USPS's tracking system is notoriously useless. I never put any stock in it.

jessamineny
05-09-2012, 11:02 AM
Interesting. Let's hope so, otherwise mines been sitting in LA for a while.

Did you see this post? This could also be what's going on... that a package has never actually left.

http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/10-The-Girl-With-The-Dragon-Tattoo?p=30832#post30832

richardp
05-09-2012, 11:29 AM
Just checked my USPS statues. It was JUST "processed for shipping" at the facility. Soooo still hasn't been shipped. I guess we're finally moving closer though.

dbrekke
05-09-2012, 03:38 PM
Mine has finally actually shipped!

Depart USPS Sort Facility

May 08, 2012

BELL GARDENS, CA 90201

gorast
05-09-2012, 04:44 PM
Two misprints so far. One without the number plaque and one without the fabric sheet where Trent and Atticus signed. Two out of three-thousand doesn't seem too bad.

eversonpoe
05-09-2012, 05:02 PM
Two misprints so far. One without the number plaque and one without the fabric sheet where Trent and Atticus signed. Two out of three-thousand doesn't seem too bad.

where did you come upon this information?

jhulud
05-09-2012, 05:36 PM
#2775 set arrived in South FloriDUH! Cardboard got a bit beat up on the corners...one tearing...gonna reinforce it with packing tape I guess. Will open it fully this weekend.

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff36/jhulud/The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo/DSCN2976.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff36/jhulud/The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo/DSCN2977.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff36/jhulud/The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo/DSCN2978.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff36/jhulud/The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo/DSCN2979.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff36/jhulud/The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo/DSCN2980.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff36/jhulud/The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo/DSCN2981.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff36/jhulud/The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo/DSCN2982.jpg

gorast
05-09-2012, 05:37 PM
where did you come upon this information?
Two people have tweeted Rob about it so far and he responded to them, which is where I saw both cases.

ComaMJ33
05-09-2012, 05:45 PM
Mine # 0474/3000 was delivered today here in Arizona. My tracking had said as well that it was shipped 4/30 or 5/1 and it came today. If you used USPS I would just say once it's "out for delivery" the tracking will be updated the morning of (like mine today), otherwise USPS tracking isn't good at all (useless). I think it took a few days once they printed the labels to ship out all of the 11lbs boxes from Los Angeles. I had wondered what was going on but, I didn't worry about it too much yet. Really impressed with everything (just unboxed it). Although, it is strange to receive and look through a winter themed set though when it is 95 degrees outside my home.

shoottofill
05-09-2012, 05:53 PM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/shoottofill/sets/72157629657383248/with/7167544112/

Mine just showed up. USB had some just the cover artwork on it as far as I could tell, have had barely anytime to admire it yet though.

cheddamash
05-09-2012, 07:41 PM
Despite my "Live Receipt" stating my package was shipped 10 days ago:

"Thanks for your email. Apologies for any confusion, but your product has not yet been shipped out to you. Our fulfillment team has informed me that they have created your shipping label so that it is ready to go as soon as the Deluxe sets are received at our warehouse. Deluxe sets are being sent out in waves, in the order that they were placed. Our fulfillment is continuously receiving shipments of the Deluxe sets and has printed out the shipping labels for each package so that it can be sent out as soon as the product arrives at the warehouse. Your order has not yet been shipped, so this is why you are not seeing updates to your tracking."

Fuckers.

richardp
05-09-2012, 08:05 PM

"Thanks for your email. Apologies for any confusion, but your product has not yet been shipped out to you. Our fulfillment team has informed me that they have created your shipping label so that it is ready to go as soon as the Deluxe sets are received at our warehouse. Deluxe sets are being sent out in waves, in the order that they were placed. Our fulfillment is continuously receiving shipments of the Deluxe sets and has printed out the shipping labels for each package so that it can be sent out as soon as the product arrives at the warehouse. Your order has not yet been shipped, so this is why you are not seeing updates to your tracking."

Fuckers.

Wow you actually got a decent email from them. Mine was basically the equivalent of "we don't have it but you'll eventually get it so fuck off". Consider yourself lucky.

bgalbraith
05-09-2012, 08:32 PM
I'm in a similar situation to a lot of people. I think the worst thing about this (and source of most the confusion) is that Topspin's Live Receipt indicates the product "shipped" when all they really did was reserve a tracking number.

The whole "shipping in waves" thing is odd. I'm sure there is a reason why they have to apparently dribble out a few at a time, but it doesn't really matter. I just hope mine comes before June.

richardp
05-09-2012, 08:56 PM
I don't buy into the whole "shipping in waves as by order of purchase" because I bought it within about a minute of it going live. If that were the case, I would have had mine shipped on the 27th.

ThinkIcouldburn
05-09-2012, 09:27 PM
I don't buy into the whole "shipping in waves as by order of purchase" because I bought it within about a minute of it going live. If that were the case, I would have had mine shipped on the 27th.
I'm in the same boat and feel exactly the same way. I bought as soon as I saw it go on sale. So that excuse really makes no sense. I'm more pissed that I didn't get nearly the information that you all have received.

shagg_187
05-09-2012, 09:47 PM
Received my order. So umm... how do you make that USB a pendant? :P

EDIT: Nvm got it lol.

bruised
05-09-2012, 10:24 PM
Mine showed up today in Phx, #476. I ordered mine when the site went live too, and just so you know, USPS tracking shows when the shipping label was created, and when it is delivered. Love the set btw.

Andrew
05-09-2012, 11:15 PM
My USPS tracking never showed anything besides "info received" until today, when it showed up. Now it says "delivered." So don't freak out if yours hasn't updated to say something useful like "in transit."

#499 here.

Fadeout54321
05-10-2012, 04:34 AM

Fuckers.
That response is bullshit! I put my order in for this the second the site went live before there were any problems, I still dont have it. I contacted them on Monday and they responded by asking to confirm my mailing address, which has not changed. I confirmed but since they didnt answer my question of "where is my merchandise" i asked again. They have not responded to me since then. They dont even have a customer service number to call. I hate Topspin!

kdrcraig
05-10-2012, 07:02 AM
My USPS tracking never showed anything besides "info received" until today, when it showed up. Now it says "delivered." So don't freak out if yours hasn't updated to say something useful like "in transit."

#499 here.

Why even bother giving us a tracking number if it doesn't even track the package. USPS sucks.

jhulud
05-10-2012, 07:34 AM
USPS does indeed suck...I know my mailman who delivers is cool and he's not like others who just throws the package at the front door...I receive a lot of records and he always sets the boxes down on a bench we have at the front...it's somewhere else in the process where all packaged get all kinds of fucked up. The GDT box was all kinds of jacked. Crimped/crushed corners, tears, a few gouges, etc. Thankfully the foam padding inside protected the actual set as I previously mentioned...but man, if the box itself didn't have the name printed on it as it does, I wouldn't have been so annoyed.

But yeah...USPS does suck.

Volk
05-10-2012, 10:38 AM
Another day of Topspin page saying it has shipped, and the USPS tracking saying they have been notified to prepare for pickup.

princessomega
05-10-2012, 12:00 PM
Well i think you all already know that Topspin is all BS on the "sending in waves that they are ordered" email.
I didnt get a chance to order mine until Feb when my tax return came in and I have already recieved it.
Sorry to all of you who are still waiting.
it is magnificant and worth it

jessamineny
05-10-2012, 05:16 PM
So, what... is Topspin sending them out alphabetically? :rolleyes:

Fadeout54321
05-10-2012, 05:52 PM
So, what... is Topspin sending them out alphabetically? :rolleyes:
I wouldn't be surprised. My last name starts with a Z and I have nothing :mad:

FULLMETAL
05-10-2012, 06:42 PM
I'm so relieved that I'm not the only one waiting for this parcel to arrive. It's kinda sloppy, especially after the manufacturing delays, to have this sort of nonsense with delivery. I guess you get what you pay for... just later than expected.

ThinkIcouldburn
05-10-2012, 07:33 PM
Boy it would have been mighty nice of them to bump up the delivery speeds since this thing was delayed so much. But I guess the whole customer service thing is absolutely dead with this company. My last name starts with an H, so somehow I doubt it's alphabetical. It's more likely which label the monkeys working in this place figured out how to put on a box first.

ninperu
05-11-2012, 02:50 PM
--> #2971 : LIMA, PERÚ : http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150710945832247.454227.122876062246&type=1

nufan
05-11-2012, 03:58 PM
I just checked the tracking and to my surprise my package is in the UK and cleared customs yesterday. Heck, I might even get it tomorrow!

richardp
05-11-2012, 05:28 PM
Yeah mine is apparently sitting in Kansas City, KS right now. So I SHOULD get it tomorrow.

IT'S ABOUT FUCKING TIME.

gorast
05-11-2012, 07:06 PM
I keep seeing more and more misprint reports. Were there this many problems with the Ghosts limited package?

Ryan
05-11-2012, 10:40 PM
I keep seeing more and more misprint reports. Were there this many problems with the Ghosts limited package?

What sort of misprints?

dcl
05-11-2012, 11:11 PM
Mine rocked up yesterday, #1666

Amaro
05-11-2012, 11:25 PM
Packaging is so cool... I wish I liked the majority of the whopping 39 songs to justify buying it. I'm probably subconsciously saving my money for The Fraggle DE.

sick among the pure
05-12-2012, 01:35 AM
I wish the USB razor necklace was available separately.

sven
05-12-2012, 06:21 AM
anyone who ordered via sandbag got a mail or anything?

Ian
05-12-2012, 09:53 AM
I received mine today #1596. Although, anyone else have any issue with the USB drive? Plugged it in and my computer informed me that the device was recognized and ready to be used, however thats all I get. Doesn't recognize as a USB drive, nothing else comes up at all.

shoottofill
05-12-2012, 11:38 AM
I received mine today #1596. Although, anyone else have any issue with the USB drive? Plugged it in and my computer informed me that the device was recognized and ready to be used, however thats all I get. Doesn't recognize as a USB drive, nothing else comes up at all.
Are you using a computer or a blu ray player? If its a blur ray player I would update the firmware.

Has anyone tried copying this to another usb drive? I dont want to dig this out anytime I want to hear HD audio of GDT.

Andrew
05-12-2012, 11:55 AM
Has anyone tried copying this to another usb drive? I dont want to dig this out anytime I want to hear HD audio of GDT.
yes, the data isn't protected or anything. You can copy the files to your local hard drive, then do whatever with them.

Ian
05-12-2012, 01:22 PM
Are you using a computer or a blu ray player? If its a blur ray player I would update the firmware.

Tried a few computers/blu ray players/PS3, nothing. I wrote to TopSpin about it... Now I wait.

cheddamash
05-12-2012, 05:06 PM
Why even bother giving us a tracking number if it doesn't even track the package. USPS sucks.

I work closely with the USPS. What looks like TopSpin chose to use is the Delivery Confirmation (read: cheapest) service and the service does just that. It's not meant to provide tracking details. So, the USPS doesn't "suck", at least not for this reason anyway. TopSpin could have sent these Certified Priority Mail for $8.65... the packages would have a real tracking number and would have likely been delivered within 3 days.

somewhatdamaged
05-12-2012, 06:07 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v124/somewhatdamaged_1980/WP_000306.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v124/somewhatdamaged_1980/WP_000307.jpg

I finally received my copy today, it looks great. I am glad I didnt' get a crappy signature like some others I have seen.
#1051/3000

reseen_lamenti
05-12-2012, 06:46 PM
I tweeted Ally what number he got. #1170/3000

richardp
05-12-2012, 08:27 PM
I FINALLY got mine. Number 850/3000.

It is marvelous. Worth the wait and frustrations.

pushingreality
05-12-2012, 08:43 PM
Finally arrived as well. Stoked for the low number and amazed at the overall package.

http://distilleryimage6.instagram.com/e9e596109c9611e1af7612313813f8e8_7.jpg

Fadeout54321
05-12-2012, 08:52 PM
Anyone living in MA who had theirs shipped via USPS get theirs yet? I am getting really fucking antsy over here.

bgalbraith
05-12-2012, 09:29 PM
Anyone living in MA who had theirs shipped via USPS get theirs yet? I am getting really fucking antsy over here.

Still waiting on mine (Boston area)

Ruined
05-13-2012, 12:52 PM
Received my GWTDT limited edition, yesterday. Coupled with receiving my NIN drive, the day before, it's been a great week for this NIN fan. By the way, cool how the cardboard shipping box has the GWDT logo on it.

flashback8
05-13-2012, 05:28 PM
Still waiting on mine (Boston area)

Same here. Hmmm. I wonder if they're shipping based on geographic region? Who knows. *sigh* Oh well. It'll arrive sooner or later.

kevo_0788
05-13-2012, 08:04 PM
I live in Indiana, and I still have yet to receive my copy either. Kind of pissed how this shipping fiasco has worked out, but I've recently stocked up on some classic records I've been meaning to get so I suppose this will get here when it gets here :/

Andrew
05-14-2012, 09:24 AM
Same here. Hmmm. I wonder if they're shipping based on geographic region? Who knows. *sigh* Oh well. It'll arrive sooner or later.
I'm inside 128 and got mine last Wednesday. I was also one of the first ones at the cash register, maybe they're going out by order placed. or not.

plusminus
05-14-2012, 10:21 AM
Mailman came by. Another day without my deluxe edition. This is really beginning to piss me off.

Scramasax
05-14-2012, 10:57 AM
Still waiting here in Northern Ireland too, according to my live receipt it should have arrived at the latest on Saturday.

bgalbraith
05-14-2012, 11:12 AM
Mine finally arrived this morning. #1268

The necklace is heavier than I anticipated.

ltrandazzo
05-14-2012, 02:25 PM
Got mine today. #862. Also, everyone needs to slow their roll. It's well worth the wait, even though we've been waiting an extra 3-4 months.

Hyperpower
05-14-2012, 02:56 PM
i finally got mine today #1169.
has anyone got the flash drive to work? i can't get mine to work.. win 7 does not recognize it.
anyone have a solution to this?

arachnophilia
05-14-2012, 05:38 PM
i finally got mine today #1169.
has anyone got the flash drive to work? i can't get mine to work.. win 7 does not recognize it.
anyone have a solution to this?

got mine today, #2225

zero problems with the flash drive. plugged it in, windows installed a driver, and it was recognized right away.

pictures here: http://imgur.com/a/xwqVO

ThinkIcouldburn
05-14-2012, 05:38 PM
It arrived. #1020 OCD is pleased with that number. Glad this ridiculousness is over.

Darkman2K5
05-14-2012, 06:40 PM
I got my package in the mail today but its not numbered, they completely left the plate off, and its not loose in the box. Don't know how that could have slipped through the cracks. I sent them an email, waiting on a response now. No problems with the USB drive at least.

arachnophilia
05-14-2012, 06:57 PM
I got my package in the mail today but its not numbered, they completely left the plate off, and its not loose in the box. Don't know how that could have slipped through the cracks. I sent them an email, waiting on a response now. No problems with the USB drive at least.

you know, that might be worth more money.

Darkman2K5
05-14-2012, 07:01 PM
you know, that might be worth more money.

I did think of that actually :-) Maybe they will get back to me and say that its a "special edition" of the deluxe package

demgoth
05-14-2012, 08:59 PM
Finally got mine on a rainy day no less and the mailman left it sitting out in the rain. The shipping box got a little wet, and I got pretty angry upon seeing that what I waited months for was left out in the rain but luckily nothing happened to the contents or else I would have killed someone. Proud owner of #485 here

sven
05-15-2012, 01:36 AM
nothing nothing nothing.
i hate sandbag!

witte
05-15-2012, 05:10 AM
Let me tell you this.
I was one of the first who ordered two boxes by using the US site (because the UK site made shit at that time). Well, still nothing seen.
Last week may 8th I ordered an extra one using the UK site, and what do I see today? I received the box, it's #1431. It was sent with DHL.
Crazy...

ninjaw
05-15-2012, 05:11 AM
French double box set opening by MarkHasBeenMade

http://youtu.be/Yc4VW2aDgXY

kdrcraig
05-15-2012, 10:31 AM
Holy shit, the USPS tracking updated saying it got processed through the sorting facility in Philly today. I had it sent to my parents' house cause I didn't want it getting left at my apartment while I'm at work, now I'm wishing I just had it sent to my place since it would probably arrive here tomorrow. Oh well, just glad I know where it's at and there's an end in sight to this debacle.

RJK
05-15-2012, 11:04 AM
So did mine. About time, I was getting very frustrated.

FULLMETAL
05-15-2012, 11:32 AM
Had it delivered at work. #0437. Some slight dings to the outer cardboard box, but that's the only flaw I can see. The razor blade necklace/usb is perfect and I kinda wish they'd sell it separately. Looking forward to exploring the book tonight. It's an amazing package!

Hyperpower
05-15-2012, 12:00 PM

i plug mine in and nothing happens (i am plugging it into my computer btw)
the usb drive does heat up tho, so it is getting power but nothing else happens
i am using win 7 for those curious... anyway i have emailed Topspin but was hoping someone here could help with it instead seeing Topspin's track record :mad:

bgalbraith
05-15-2012, 01:01 PM
i plug mine in and nothing happens (i am plugging it into my computer btw)
the usb drive does heat up tho, so it is getting power but nothing else happens
i am using win 7 for those curious... anyway i have emailed Topspin but was hoping someone here could help with it instead seeing Topspin's track record :mad:

Stupid question, but are you putting in correctly? Since there is no shield around the contacts, it is possible to put it in upside down.

Volk
05-15-2012, 01:46 PM
Well, my order tracking finally updated...it's in Philadelphia, so I should have it in the next day or two. All this waiting, and I don't even listen to the soundtrack anymore. So I guess I'll pop it open for a few mins, and then pack it away with my Ghosts Ultra.

nufan
05-15-2012, 02:12 PM
My copy has been in customs for 5 days, now customs clearance is complete. Can anyone tell me if a packaging slip is included with the value mentioned anywhere. Just wondering if I'm gonna get raped by HR customs!

kevo_0788
05-15-2012, 05:08 PM
Got mine today! Very well done and absolutely beautiful. My number is 121/3000 :D

blassster
05-15-2012, 07:11 PM
I ordered via amazon.ca (before the price shot up by $40, yay!). I don't expect to see mine for a while; I think when nullco said it was shipping it out in March (before the most recent delay), amazon's site said it would ship May 8th. I wonder what batch of numbers are being channeled through this one... the set looks sweet.

Bear78
05-15-2012, 08:09 PM
So I the last email I got was the one saying it was going to be delayed until this month... never received any other email saying it shipped or anything. Today it showed up. Awesome! I thought.... opened it up and there is NO USB drive at all... just a big blank space where it should be :(

876/3000

Acidpickle
05-15-2012, 10:00 PM
My copy has been in customs for 5 days, now customs clearance is complete. Can anyone tell me if a packaging slip is included with the value mentioned anywhere. Just wondering if I'm gonna get raped by HR customs!

They post the price on it, and I got nailed $38 dollars on top of everything for Customs.

Essentially the set cost me in the very end, $410.......but damn it's worth it

Acidpickle
05-15-2012, 10:03 PM
My set came in last Friday. #290/3000. Nice even number to keep my OCD under control. Kind of disappointed I can't use the USB on the PS3 to play through my surround sound. Set is still beautiful.

But onto my real complaint. Did they honestly have to fold the poster? After spending that much money, you don't think they could have thrown in a couple cents towards a poster tube? I have a frame ready for it, but the creases take away from the poster's beauty. Is there any ideas to get rid of the creases to the best of anyone's ability? I'm just flattening it with books and heavy objects right now.

butter_hole
05-15-2012, 10:33 PM
Get a huge sheet of tracing paper and make a double.

Hyperpower
05-15-2012, 11:40 PM
Stupid question, but are you putting in correctly? Since there is no shield around the contacts, it is possible to put it in upside down.

i have tried both ways and nothing happens.
the usb drive does heat up tho.. so its getting power but thats it.

butter_hole
05-15-2012, 11:50 PM
And, heads up, the files on the USB are only 24/48.

arachnophilia
05-16-2012, 03:57 AM
And, heads up, the files on the USB are only 24/48.

they're definitely 24/96 on mine.

botley
05-16-2012, 06:19 AM
They are encoded/mastered at 24/96 but spectral analysis reveals they were only recorded/mixed at 48kHz (as with The Social Network and the HTDA EP).

Shouldn't make the slightest difference. 96kHz is largely unnecessary for this kind of music.