PDA

View Full Version : The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (2011)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]

Substance242
07-04-2016, 02:18 AM
It's Aphelion today, celebrate. :-)

(btw, interesting this 5000000 km difference has negligible impact on temperatures here... also it was funny when Waze asked me for confirmation that I'll be going "there" because I have it in my calendar, yes I will be on Earth, thank you)

ninjaw
07-18-2016, 03:12 PM
I'll quit it with being cryptic - we've got a rip now, it's just a matter of putting it in a place y'all can grab it from, once there's some free time. You'll have it this year for sure. I'm not going to get any more granular with my promises than that, though.

Just to say there's a PM giveaway now on Gone Girl topic

snaapz
12-20-2016, 09:50 AM
I've always found the time signature for Oraculum interesting, anyone know what it is? 5/6 6/6 5/6 6/6?

eversonpoe
12-20-2016, 11:22 AM
I've always found the time signature for Oraculum interesting, anyone know what it is? 5/6 6/6 5/6 6/6?

i mean, you could just call it 11/4

neorev
01-14-2017, 05:25 PM
Anyone able to help in getting The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo For Your Consideration in lossless? Please PM. Many thanks!

onthewall2983
01-29-2017, 02:51 PM
Apologies if this has been covered already, but are the track titles taken from the book? I seem to remember hearing Trent say he read the book for preparation.

BRoswell
01-29-2017, 04:56 PM
Apologies if this has been covered already, but are the track titles taken from the book? I seem to remember hearing Trent say he read the book for preparation.

Some of them seem to be taken from dialogue ("A Thousand Details", for example), while others just seem to be names they came up with. I've only read the book once, but I guess it's possible that they were taken from that as well.

blassster
03-17-2017, 05:14 PM
I've been furious for days. I mean, this was always hinted at but now pretty much confirmed. This is weak reasoning that unnecessarily disrupts this series of remakes, which I considered to be of one entity since Sony is has the rights to all of them. Really it's just ego and money, and don't get me started on them skipping books 2 and 3 just because the 4th was shiny and new in 2014.

Q: Awesome news! But I'm a little disappointed that Mara & Craig won't be returning, what's your reason?

A: It's said that 50% of the director's work is casting. If I'd just take Fincher's (amazing) casting, I wouldn't be doing half of my job.

(https://twitter.com/fedalvar/status/841675219228020736)

Where do we boycott this thing?

howisya
03-18-2017, 06:29 PM
Where do we boycott this thing?

i boycotted seeing evil dead on principle and wasn't interested in don't breathe; it should be easy to boycott this as well.

muad'nin
03-18-2017, 06:47 PM
i boycotted seeing evil dead on principle and wasn't interested in don't breathe; it should be easy to boycott this as well.

Slight drift...

Awww, you really missed out, on both counts. I had so much fun with both of those pictures. While it's a great pity that Fincher, Reznor (presumably), Ross (presumably), et. al. won't be back for future instalments, Alvarez is, to me, an exciting choice.

Not continuing the series with book 2 is a head-scratcher, though, for sure.

BRoswell
03-18-2017, 08:31 PM
I think boycotting this new film is kind of silly, but yeah, I don't have much interest in it if it's not Fincher, Mara, Craig, and Trent & Atticus. I've yet to see Don't Breathe, but I wasn't all that impressed with the Evil Dead remake. It wasn't a bad film, just fairly bland in my opinion.

bobbie solo
03-20-2017, 01:48 PM
Evil Dead remake was awesome, you guys are crazy. Don't Breathe was alot of fun too. THis sequel though, fuck you no way without Rooney Mara.

onthewall2983
12-19-2017, 07:19 AM
Thankfully the way it all wraps up, Fincher's version feels like it can be taken as something stand-alone. For me anyway, as someone who didn't read the books and really only saw just the first of the three Swedish movies.

jmtd
09-24-2019, 10:09 AM
Are the 5 multitracks hosted anywhere stable and long-term? Tunecore don't seem to have them up any more.

I've got them — I just stumbled across them whilst sorting out old data DVDs. If they aren't otherwise in easy circulation I'll put them on archive.org. But you might save me the trouble by telling me they're already somewhere ;)

Jon
11-01-2019, 12:18 AM
Are the 5 multitracks hosted anywhere stable and long-term? Tunecore don't seem to have them up any more.

I've got them — I just stumbled across them whilst sorting out old data DVDs. If they aren't otherwise in easy circulation I'll put them on archive.org. But you might save me the trouble by telling me they're already somewhere ;)

They've been up (https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1NzpAp_wqlkaDBCaGwweFJqRW8) on ItsJustDave's Google Drive since April 2012, does that count? :D

We could always use a backup on archive.org...

butter_hole
11-01-2019, 01:47 AM
Surely there's a site out there that could host them... the in-studio equivalent of ninlive?

wizfan
11-01-2019, 02:42 PM
Surely there's a site out there that could host them... the in-studio equivalent of ninlive?

They are hosted somewhere. PM me for info. ;)

jmtd
11-06-2019, 05:39 AM
They've been up (https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1NzpAp_wqlkaDBCaGwweFJqRW8) on ItsJustDave's Google Drive since April 2012, does that count? :D

We could always use a backup on archive.org...

Thanks. My immediate reaction would be that Google Drive is very ephemeral, but I guess them being stable there for 7 years refutes that. However I'll put a copy on archive.org to ease my mind :)

paul_guyet
07-06-2020, 11:34 PM
Is the FYC version of this readily available or still locked down and super sought after? Asking for a Nine Inch Nails fan community...

TheBang
07-07-2020, 02:30 AM
Is the FYC version of this readily available or still locked down and super sought after? Asking for a Nine Inch Nails fan community...

It's been readily available since early 2012, the awards season when it was released.

paul_guyet
07-07-2020, 12:33 PM
It's been readily available since early 2012, the awards season when it was released.Then never mind...

And thanks again for tracking down the GG FYC!

trollmanen
11-15-2020, 09:22 PM
To anyone that has the deluxe edition, does anyone else have a USB stick that is unrecognizable in any computer? I've checked mine in Windows and Mac machines and it just won't show up. I have the HD Flac files, it just bugs me that the flash drive seems to be defective.

sonic_discord
11-16-2020, 08:17 PM
Anyone have a deluxe vinyl they want to sell?

ninlive
01-23-2021, 07:04 PM
I recently bought a GWTDT vinyl boxset and the USB is corrupt... Is not even recognized by my computers.

Does anyone have the digital files that were on there that they'd be willing to share? I could send pics of the box set with my username etc for proof?

FULLMETAL
01-23-2021, 07:49 PM
For reference, here's what's on the razorblade:

https://i.imgur.com/0GlR09B.png

MrLobster
08-13-2021, 10:40 AM
So here I am, listening to this for the first time since around 2012 and I'm going into the third disc thinking "...is like like a grown-up version of American McGee's Alice soundtrack by Vrenna?" By grown-up, I mean more mature as an overall sound.

Anyone give the two a listen back to back?

allegate
09-01-2021, 10:46 AM
speaking of Apple Music (in another thread) as I was trying to download TSN I saw that TGWTDT is on there as hi-res lossless. maybe it's the next Atmos release? fingers crossed.

gorast
12-09-2021, 06:55 PM
Rob noted the tenth anniversary of GDT's release on Twitter today, talking a little bit about the deluxe edition packaging:

https://twitter.com/rob_sheridan/status/1469005577468612609?s=21

One of my biggest regrets is selling my copy when I was in a bad spot money-wise several years ago. Watching the resale price of it skyrocket after it finally went out of stock through nullco or wherever it was being sold towards the end has just been a consistent flow of salt in the wound.

Mank
12-23-2021, 02:43 AM
From what I was told, there was a plan to re-release this but there are issues in regards to the times we are in. This affected the Mank release, too.

NIN64
01-07-2022, 10:25 PM
This makes me sad. I need more vinyl…

simonn
07-23-2022, 04:55 AM
The album has disappeared from Spotify...any ideas why?

botley
07-23-2022, 06:12 AM

Spotify sucks and has always sucked.

The Dead Rabbit
08-10-2022, 01:28 PM
Spotify sucks and has always sucked.

I received my invitation to join Spotify from TR.

Ascender
11-10-2022, 02:00 PM

Has disappeared from Apple Music too.

allegate
11-10-2022, 04:49 PM
From Apple you say? That was the atmos version as well…hmm. New physical release with that mix? One can dream.

sonic_discord
11-10-2022, 07:35 PM
It plays fine for me. If it was (temporary) removed from Apple Music earlier, it's back now. It would be nice if they reissued the box set because I missed out on that when it came out and now they're expensive as hell.

Ascender
11-11-2022, 07:48 AM
Yip, I can't see it in Apple Music from the UK and its not playing my offline "matched" copy either.

TheBang
11-11-2022, 01:30 PM
From Apple you say? That was the atmos version as well…hmm.
I don’t think this one had an Atmos release.

NIN64
11-11-2022, 02:14 PM
It plays fine for me. If it was (temporary) removed from Apple Music earlier, it's back now. It would be nice if they reissued the box set because I missed out on that when it came out and now they're expensive as hell.

At this point I'd take a "bare bones" vinyl only release...

allegate
11-12-2022, 06:37 PM
I don’t think this one had an Atmos release.

you're right, I was thinking of Social Network. So it goes for trying to be witty while traveling.

Mank
11-20-2022, 01:15 AM
Imagine if they released the film cues for their Fincher work on vinyl as some sort of deluxe package for the soundtrack re-releases.

Ascender
11-21-2022, 04:37 PM
I went old school and bought a copy of the CD from eBay... dug out my old external dvd drive... ripped it... uploaded it... and its back.

And relax.

butter_hole
11-29-2022, 10:10 PM
Was there ever any answer given as to why this has disappeared from streaming? I own the CD but no drive anywhere in the house... I bought the digital download back in 2011 but of course Topspin seem to have gone out of business... not on the TR/AR bandcamp. I can only assume rights issues. But if I can't listen to this score, then my human rights are being violated... so that's a real rights issue tbh

TheBang
12-01-2022, 02:47 AM
Was there ever any answer given as to why this has disappeared from streaming?
No one knows.

I own the CD but no drive anywhere in the house... I bought the digital download back in 2011 but of course Topspin seem to have gone out of business... not on the TR/AR bandcamp. I can only assume rights issues. But if I can't listen to this score, then my human rights are being violated... so that's a real rights issue tbh
Given that you've already purchased it a couple times, and that it's only for want of an optical drive that you can't listen to it right now, I don't think anyone would begrudge you obtaining it from "alternative" sources.

Reznor2112
04-10-2023, 09:02 AM
PSA: BUYERS BEWARE -- there are multiple 10+ copies of the vinyl boxset for sale on Discogs currently from various sellers ranging from $30 - $80. All of the sellers have zero reviews/feedback. Definitely a scam.

Obviously I assume most folks here will recognize it instantly but wanted to share the info anyways

gorast
04-10-2023, 09:18 AM
PSA: BUYERS BEWARE -- there are multiple 10+ copies of the vinyl boxset for sale on Discogs currently from various sellers ranging from $30 - $80. All of the sellers have zero reviews/feedback. Definitely a scam.

Obviously I assume most folks here will recognize it instantly but wanted to share the info anyways

Those have been popping up with a lot of high-priced Discogs items - I have a few of them wantlisted and it's been going on for months. Really irritating that these stupid scam listings are flooding my wantlist update emails.

jmtd
08-10-2023, 03:38 AM
I found an old DVD-R with the multitrack stems on them, so I uploaded them to archive.org*

https://archive.org/details/tgwtdt-multitracks

and updated the wiki page

https://www.nin.wiki/The_Girl_With_The_Dragon_Tattoo_Soundtrack#Externa l_Links

(* still uploading as I write this)