Page 14 of 99 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast

Thread: Nine Inch Nails 2013 tour

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    WHAT IF!??!?!?!

Just to spite the record industry, The NIN tour 2013 tix go on sale, and with your tix you are also getting the new album for free. It the "Prince" effect. Knowing that people will buy the tix for the tour, NIN sales would skyrocket, putting the new album on the top 10 billboard list. Not that Trent cares, but more like a slap in the face to the record industry. "Ha, see I can sell albums even during the pirate age!"

As I know this post was completely retarded, I just wanted to see how many people scream at me that I am wrong...good day.

OHHHH.. and maybe this "one off show" David Bowie has mentioned doing this year will be with...guess who...NIN. Fragile 3.0/Dissonance 2.0 may actually happen for one night in NYC. Just sayin.
    Last edited by Reznor2112; 02-26-2013 at 08:53 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Hopefully we will get an official taping policy soon

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    WHAT IF!??!?!?!

Just to spite the record industry, The NIN tour 2013 tix go on sale, and with your tix you are also getting the new album for free. It the "Prince" effect. Knowing that people will buy the tix for the tour, NIN sales would skyrocket, putting the new album on the top 10 billboard list. Not that Trent cares, but more like a slap in the face to the record industry. "Ha, see I can sell albums even during the pirate age!"

As I know this post was completely retarded, I just wanted to see how many people scream at me that I am wrong...good day.

OHHHH.. and maybe this "one off show" David Bowie has mentioned doing this year will be with...guess who...NIN. Fragile 3.0/Dissonance 2.0 may actually happen for one night in NYC. Just sayin.
    Having been lucky to see NIN with bowie back in the 90's to see them together even for a one off show would be amazing !!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cecil View Post
    I've been checking out festival forums a fair bit as I will be in Europe later this year, and there is a heap of speculation that NIN will headline the NME tent at Reading/Leeds. Not the usual posters who only joined recently, but ones with 10,000 posts etc. Also started last week before the official announcement from TR. So I would say it's looking likely.

Also, German festival confirmed and tickets on sale (I think? My German is somewhat lacking.....)
    Quote Originally Posted by Highly Psychological View Post
    Eminem and Biffy Clyro are the headliners for Reading/Leeds the Third and final Headliner has yet to be announced. Maybe TR was asking them to wait.

I think NIN are too big for the radio 1 tent.
    Yeah the fact that they headlined 2007 and that releasing headliners one at a time is quite weird for Reading/Leeds, combined with the timing of the last headliner being around the same time I expect dates to be released, suggests to me a main stage slot rather than a tent.

WHAT IF!??!?!?!

It's wrong because that can't happen. You mentioned Prince, but it's actually his fault it won't work: the sales/chart tracking changed after he did it because as people pointed out, it was cheating slightly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So one european festival date confirmed. I guess that means we'll get something at least close to Scandinavia this summer. I'll definitely catch any show around here, but no way in hell I'm going to a german festival. Especially with Trents track record with german festivals. I also have to echo the sentiments of the above posters: The arena tour is where it'll be at, and I won't miss my chance to see a full blown show with all the bells and whistles this time, so that means going to the states in the fall. With that said... this has happened before: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-i...k-3d66983.html A 22 song set with some more obscure tracks thrown in there. So maybe I shouldn't discount a festival show entirely?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    Lemme add some random speculation.
    - Possible new NIN album/definite tour
    - New Bowie album

THINK ABOUT IT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Highly Psychological View Post
    Reading Festival is the week after Rock en Heim in Germany. I would be surprised if they missed Reading considering they are touring European festivals in August.
    If not that then i reckon a few UK dates in late August.

Fuck me few months away, so didnt see that coming.
    Stop it, you're making me wet.

Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Do you guys get yelled at as much coming up as we get yelled at for going down?

Goddamn, I hate crossing the boarder...
    The US are lucky, they have so many options on where to go for a "weekend getaway" a shit ton of major citys all at their finger tips 3-4 hours in any direction...
    Closest major Canadian city to each other major city is a good 10-13 hour drive in any direction, lol.

Unless you are Toronto and Montreal, they got it pretty well.
    Yeah, but you're more likely to have a passport. Seattle's not far away from Vancouver.

Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I wonder how Radiohead always get a festival slot that's only 1-2 songs shorter than their usual show? (22-23 instead of 24-25)
    And why can't NIN do the same?
    Presuming you're talking about Europe, NIN aren't nearly as popular here.

Quote Originally Posted by kenthebear View Post
    Yeah the fact that they headlined 2007 and that releasing headliners one at a time is quite weird for Reading/Leeds, combined with the timing of the last headliner being around the same time I expect dates to be released, suggests to me a main stage slot rather than a tent.
    They were second billing behind the Smashing Pumpkins, but yeah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    They were second billing behind the Smashing Pumpkins, but yeah.
    Man I was there and I forgot about Smashing Pumpkins. Must have been a great set.

And actually, looking that up I just realized that lostprophets played before them, with a certain Ilan Rubin. Wonder if that's a coincidence.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Now that the cat is out of the bag my worries are even bigger than before with the Rock n Heim festival. I REALLY hope Trent knows what he's doing here. Not to paint things black, but I have absolutely no ambition to go there. No major city worth visiting is nearby IMHO and the billing so far leaves me pretty cold.

I'm all for a full blown NIN-only show and I'd sure as hell spend some money on that and travel further, but since I'm not a festival guy in the first place I will wait until 2014 to see them.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I prefer Brixton Academy. The 02 is a terrible live venue...

Excited for the tour though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthebear View Post
    Man I was there and I forgot about Smashing Pumpkins. Must have been a great set.

And actually, looking that up I just realized that lostprophets played before them, with a certain Ilan Rubin. Wonder if that's a coincidence.
    I saw them at Leeds and Reading that weekend. They blew Corgan off the stage both nights. What amazed me was the total lack of crowd for NIN at Leeds. It felt like there was only a few hundred of us at the front for the start of NIN's set but the crowd got bigger as the set went along.

Reading is probably my second favourite NIN gig after the O2 (and maybe Birmingham Academy). I'm pretty sure Trent stood at the side of the stage to watch some of Lost Prophets and this is where he'd first noticed Ilan. Ian Watkins was quoted as saying that Trent had congratulated them for a great set after they'd finished.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadbent View Post
    Remember like 2 or 3 years ago when trent retired nin live? yeeeeaaaaahhhh....No.

I stand corrected. Although I don't understand why he promoted the last tour as "Last tour ever!!!" if it was only gonna be 3 or 4 years until another tour. 3 or 4 years between tours is pretty standard for bands(including NIN)

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Although I don't understand why he promoted the last tour as "Last tour ever!!!" if it was only gonna be 3 or 4 years until another tour
    He took a page out of Kiss' book. Just keep retiring. Ozzy's been guilty of the same. He's a crafty mofo. He wanted to close the door on NIN touring, but he left the door open just a crack, and knew he could come back if/when he wanted.

Not for nothing, did anyone *really* believe that was the end of NIN tours?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    First of all, hi everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by tate the great View Post
    Okay, Rock'n'Heim is confirmed: http://www.rock-n-heim.com/

I REALLY hope there will be side shows...
    Well not in Germany I'm afraid, the text about NIN on that page says its the only concert of NIN in Germany in 2013:

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.rock-n-heim.com/news/2013/02/23/rock-n-heim-in-hockenheim
    ...wird bei Rock’n’Heim ihr einziges Deutschland-Konzert spielen.
    I hope very much to see them this year but I absolutely don't like Festivals by MLK (i.e. Rock am Ring).

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I stand corrected. Although I don't understand why he promoted the last tour as "Last tour ever!!!" if it was only gonna be 3 or 4 years until another tour. 3 or 4 years between tours is pretty standard for bands(including NIN)
    "...just say it's your last tour, that always keeps the fans coming.."

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiggy View Post
    I prefer Brixton Academy. The 02 is a terrible live venue...

Excited for the tour though.
    Kentish Town Forum has had Rihanna, Timberlake, Sound City Players and a fuckload of other big names in the past couple of months, that'd be a good choice.

Unrelated: I live 2 minutes from that venue :P

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    They didn't ever say it was the LAST tour... did they? I thought it was very clear that this was the end of current touring and the beginning of a hiatus of indeterminate length.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    die ärzte @ rock n heim
    I think, Trent will skip this festival when he sees this shit on the list

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Good choice actually....

I saw Mark Lanegan there at the end of last yr. It was wicked as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Kentish Town Forum has had Rihanna, Timberlake, Sound City Players and a fuckload of other big names in the past couple of months, that'd be a good choice.

Unrelated: I live 2 minutes from that venue :P

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    He never promoted the last one as "the last tour ever." This was pointed out to you after your last post that you quoted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nine_inch_nerd View Post
    die ärzte @ rock n heim
    I think, Trent will skip this festival when he sees this shit on the list
    Or it leads to another very loud and intense show like the one at hurricane festival. He was playing right before Die Ärzte and was very pissed about the masses of annoying fans not giving a shit about NIN. A year or two later NiN was again playing the Hurricane Festival on second main stage. Exactly the same time on first main stage Die Ärzte were playing. Trent was still pissed, wanted the sound to be as loud as possible and it became the best festival show of NIN I've seen. Nothing compared to a club show of course.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Looks like they are playing at Lollapalooza!

http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...s-2013-14-tour

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    Looks like they are playing at Lollapalooza!

http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...s-2013-14-tour
    I saw that yesterday too, nothing's been confirmed. There was a rumored leaked lineup about a week or so ago that had How To Destroy Angels on it...so I think I may be leaning towards that as a given, but I would much rather see NIN at Lolla so I can make my first trip to the festival finally.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    A note on the upcoming tour, I of course wanna hear some of the singles but I'd really love if they decided to play some rare songs ie: Sunspots, The Four of us are Dying, Where is Everybody, and A Warm Place would make me cream my pants as it was the first NIN song I ever heard. For the love of FUCK, please play Everyday is Exactly the Same live.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Personally, I would love another shot at hearing Now I'm Nothing. Still pissed I missed it by one show during NIN/JA.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    WHAT IF!??!?!?!

Just to spite the record industry, The NIN tour 2013 tix go on sale, and with your tix you are also getting the new album for free.
    Didn't TR mention once that he considered that plan and immediately discarded it for...I think it was the NIN/JA sampler, but it could have been The Slip? The reasoning was sort of the opposite - not to get sales numbers on the album, just to pair it with the associated tour. In the end he figured everyone would just download it anyway.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I'd love to hear A Warm Place too, as it's my favourite piece of music EVER, but I fear it'll be like the NY performance and full of idiots trying to clap along to the beat. There's a time and a place for everything, folks.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Why is the NIN account RT'ing a ramdom link about Gary Numan performing "Cars" with NIN? Don't tell me he's opening...

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    I'd love to hear A Warm Place too, as it's my favourite piece of music EVER, but I fear it'll be like the NY performance and full of idiots trying to clap along to the beat. There's a time and a place for everything, folks.
    fuck. can I just say that's my biggest concert pet peeve of all time. considering how many people have no sense of timing.

in fact if you watch the webster hall DVD, during the horrendous clapping, you can hear me screaming "you're off beat!!!" (may have been during hurt...but it was definitely one of the two..)

if its an upbeat song, and you see one of the bandmembers asking for it, by all means...otherwise..JUST DONT.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo33 View Post
    considering how many people have no sense of timing.
    Even if it's a stadium full of concert pianists, it'll still sound off-beat because of the time it takes the music to get through the crowd.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    A note on the upcoming tour, I of course wanna hear some of the singles but I'd really love if they decided to play some rare songs ie: Sunspots, The Four of us are Dying, Where is Everybody, and A Warm Place would make me cream my pants as it was the first NIN song I ever heard. For the love of FUCK, please play Everyday is Exactly the Same live.
    I heard Everyday is Exactly the Same in Toronto 05/09/05. . . Soooooooo fucking good. . .