Page 19 of 182 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 119 ... LastLast

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    ^ I'm in the same boat. My position at my last job was covering for two people, PLUS all of my regular stuff, so my boss is just having a great time finding three people to replace me. No one else is crazy enough to come in for more than 4 hours a night during the semester. :P

My roommates are awesome. There are three of 'em, and they've all been friends for years, growing up in military families that hopped around from one place to another. Last night we celebrated me moving in by sitting outside and talking over hookah, then went out for drinks. I think I'm really gonna like it here.

Oh yeah, and it's a really good feeling when your new roomie stops in the middle of everyone talking and says, "I'm SO glad you're normal!"

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Long hours. I'm gonna make some sweet OT on this job.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Going to spend a long weekend with my best friend and godson in some bourgeois provincial town not worthy of the name, relaxing and watching Korean soaps (apparently). I'm really looking forward to it!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    My co-worker got me a going-away present. She told me it was a textbook. Needless to say, I had a huge shit-eating grin on my face as soon as I opened it. I LOVED these books as a kid, and haven't even seen them since then. She said she had to get a favor from someone to find me a brand new copy and get it for me as a gift after I blabbed about it one night. So excited!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    my daughter starts primary school tomorrow, seeing her in her school uniform makes me really proud and happy

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Back in college again, having fun and studying hard.

Been talking to and hanging out with an old girlfriend of mine. So far the relationship is pretty good, we are taking it slow right now.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    My co-worker got me a going-away present. She told me it was a textbook. Needless to say, I had a huge shit-eating grin on my face as soon as I opened it. I LOVED these books as a kid, and haven't even seen them since then. She said she had to get a favor from someone to find me a brand new copy and get it for me as a gift after I blabbed about it one night. So excited!

My 10 year old daughter brought a book order form from school last year with all 3 books available and wanted them. Now she has them. Well, we have them. haha!

Edit: Believe me, the original artwork is there. When I started seeing the pictures all of the horrors came back to me!
    Last edited by sentient02970; 08-20-2012 at 01:14 PM.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    just beware and make sure you get the original artwork editions! they're redoing all the art with g-rated images instead of the terrifying nightmare fodder they usually come with. hate how PC parents are these days.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frankieteardrop View Post
    just beware and make sure you get the original artwork editions! they're redoing all the art with g-rated images instead of the terrifying nightmare fodder they usually come with. hate how PC parents are these days.
    That's part of what made me so excited, she managed to get the original artwork edition. Like sentient said, all the horrors just flooded back as I was flipping through the pictures. :P

Today was the first day of class, and it was pretty great. I'm gonna love going to school here. Just the atmosphere was SO much different from Hutchinson. Everyone was so nice and willing to interact. Well, minus all the new people like me, heh. But I met some people, saw a couple friends I haven't seen since graduation. I'm making it a point to be more outgoing in this chapter of my life. I'm tired of holding myself back all the time. Pretty pumped for the next few years!
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 08-20-2012 at 01:35 PM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    [Social Life has an update available to download]: My running/training partner from earlier this year during marathon training has come back via email and wants to get back together for more running. Thankfully we aren't having to train.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    While driving into Seattle today, I happened to see a living statue waiting for a bus. I pulled over and complimented her bronze complexion and told her she was beautiful. These kinds of things keep me in a good place for quite a while after they happen.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    It's fucking Friday.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Odee oten oten day--- cutting out a coupon!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I made candied jalapenos and canned them in jars today. Had to do something with all those jalapenos I grew.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Today's gonna be wicked productive, and to cap it all off, I'm gonna play my first real PC game since I bought my computer a few years ago. And I decided on - Slender.

Of course I did. Great.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sentient02970 View Post
    [Social Life has an update available to download]: My running/training partner from earlier this year during marathon training has come back via email and wants to get back together for more running. Thankfully we aren't having to train.
    When are you going to bed her?

Front page of ETS. Very cute.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I almost forgot. Today is the 15th anniversary of when I quit smoking.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    First Friday night in my new place. I got paid today, I have a good dinner planned for tonight (after days of eating homemade burritos, because they're cheap and I was broke) and, best of all, my apartment is so silent you could hear a pin drop. No more worrying about the person in the next room fucking up the vibe. I'm in my own place, relaxing after a long week at work, about to enjoy a delicious meal while listening to my favorite podcast, and I have a long three-day weekend ahead of me. This feels good.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Broke even on our wedding, hired a mortgage broker for our condo, found out I'll be able to afford 10% down on it, have a fantastic wife.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    The madness inside my head seems to be settling down, and i found this: http://www.doaj.org/doaj?func=home&uiLanguage=en

Since i can't get into school but still would like to to continue to peruse journals and such relating to anthropology this is a solid find. Not being able to go to school has really peaked an interest and in a sense motivated to attempt to move beyond the classroom and dip my feet a bit, though I'm sure that bio lab i need to graduate is key to my success.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Getting to spend Labor Day weekend with my (sort of) girlfriend, it has been great. Great food and good times away from school.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I got to see a group of Tibetan monks visiting campus this week while they create a sand mosaic at the Spencer Art Museum. It was so cool getting to sit and watch them work - I've never seen anything like that in person before. Before I left, I wanted to make a donation, since I didn't have enough to buy anything at their display. When I went over to drop a couple bucks in the box (I wanted to give more, but I literally have 8 dollars to my name right now), one of the monks working looked up and saw me and gave me a deep nod and a smile. I dunno, the fact that he's working so diligently on the mosaic and took a second to show his appreciation for my donation was really awesome. I'll definitely be seeing them again tomorrow, and Friday.

AND while I was there, I thought I'd ask about getting a job. The girl working the desk got really excited, saying they were looking for student volunteers, specifically someone who can work a couple hours on Wednesday every week. Luckily, that's perfect for me, so now I guess I'm gonna be a volunteer worker at the museum! It's not a paying job, but she said that once some spots open up on the payroll, the volunteers are considered for the opening before anyone else. At least it'll keep me busy!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    ^^ The wheels of karma are turning your way I can feel it.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    One of the great things about having my own place now is that I can finally dress the way I want when I'm in my place, and I don't have to worry about anyone walking in on me. And what better way to celebrate that fact that by buying a new dress?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    "Like," sadly, just doesn't do some posts justice.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    One of the great things about having my own place now is that I can finally dress the way I want when I'm in my place, and I don't have to worry about anyone walking in on me. And what better way to celebrate that fact that by buying a new dress?
    No kidding! I took the bus about half way here, then got off and walked the rest of the way. I was so sweaty and gross by the time I got home, and I ran out of time to shower this morning, AND I was on my feet all day, so I just never got a chance to shower...But man, as soon as I got home - Clothes off, shower, fresh-out-of-the-dryer boxers on, and playing Metal Gear Solid 2 half naked. inb4nakedraidenjokes

OH! And after I got out of my pop culture study class, I had time to swing by the museum again and catch the last half of a performance of John Cage's music to celebrate his birthday, which is today! The performers were awesome, and the crowd was SO small, like 40 people, but the applause they got was pretty great.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 09-05-2012 at 09:49 PM.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Just taught my first three classes of the semester. I am a bit rusty, but they went well.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Moved into my new apartment. Yeah