Page 18 of 182 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 118 ... LastLast

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    Any landlord wants a good paying tenant versus constant turn over. Clearly you're both good tenants and wasn't asking for the moon. High maintenance tenants are the ones that nit pick about all sorts of shit. I decided to lease a place down the hall from where I am now. I hope not to be high maintenance but right now, the clean up better get the cat smell out.
    Heh, it's just what my parents always taught me, and it's always been true. Any time I've been nervous about making a late payment to...well, anyone, it's always worked better when I came to them to try and work something out instead of avoid 'em like the plague. There are a few landlords I've heard about around here that are pretty ruthless when it comes to managing their property, but I imagine some of that has to come from the tenant's end, too.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    Edit: ^ I love cooperative landlords like that. It's always better to try and talk to a landlord about a problem with rent and stuff. The last place I lived, the lady told me I could just pay my rent in halves at the start and middle of the month, and that saved my ass financially.
    I've never even thought of that! I should see if my landlord would be cool with this.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    The Olympics.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    This song makes me so goddamn happy every time I hear it. Say what you will about anime, but this show's probably had a bigger affect on me and my attitude than any others by a long shot.

Time to go to bed, though! I'm so stoked to think that I only have to work two more 15-hour Saturday night shifts, then I'm on to my new life. Hopefully, free of working nights, but I'll pull whatever I have to in order to make ends meet for me. I'll be damned if I let myself get stuck in a spot where I have to move back - Not gonna happen! (Not that there's anything wrong with Hutchinson, but this move has been a long time coming, and I've put it off long enough.)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    It is raining so my poor little cucumbers and eggplants have been given a stay of execution hopefully. It has been so dry.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I successfully compiled, converted to a rom, and ran a hello world gameboy "game." My foray into the lucrative and sexy world of classic gameboy programming has begun!

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Signed for my first apartment today with my girlfriend.
    Got a 2 bedroom so i can have an art studio / music library.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Late last year, our 32" 1080p TV started making a horrible sound, and went to about half brightness. It kind of sucked, but we took the opportunity to get a newer, more power-efficient LED backed model. Still, I felt weird just throwing a mostly-good TV out, so I held on to it. To me, it seemed to behave like a fluorescent bulb when the ballast's been blown. A few weeks later, I took the whole thing apart, down to the screen and all, and nothing appeared burnt out, but upon punching in one of the part numbers, I discovered that the TV equivalent of a ballast is called a transformer, and that it was a replaceable part - $75 at the time. Well, I got real busy and forgot about it until the middle of this year, when I decided to try rescuing it and moving it into my study upstairs.

Last week, I looked up the part again, and now it's only $30. It showed up today, I swapped it out, and behold, the TV works again! I'M A FRIGGIN' TV REPAIR MAN! (Now I just need to get a video card that has two DVI outs and one HDMI out, and can support outputting on all three simultaneously) Anyway, it felt like making something out of nothing, and when it worked, that felt awesome!

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    just bought one of these things tonight after my old digital piano started becoming something I couldn't depend on:

It'll be officially tested out at our gig tomorrow night, but so far, I'm having a blast playing this thing. The electric piano sounds are amazing, especially when they're slightly overdriven through the built in analog tube. The weighted keyboard action is the best I've ever played. If only I had more time to mess around with it before the show.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I found "Switched-On Bach" on vinyl at a used book store for $0.50 today. It is awesome. That is all. . .

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    finally found an apartment! yay I'm not homeless either. and its by far the nicest one I have come across. Im not freezing this winter... all utilities included!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by millionmilesaway View Post
    finally found an apartment! yay I'm not homeless either. and its by far the nicest one I have come across. Im not freezing this winter... all utilities included!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    Got a line on a new apartment. Nothing better then the feeling that you won't be homeless next month.
    Nice! I'm jealous, i'm still under the stress of looking for one. But it cheers me up knowing i've got friends i can crash for a couple weeks if i ever DID become homeless, yay!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Happy how well Team GB are doing at the Olympics, better than at Bejing

Also happy that Grenada won their first ever medal at the Olympics it is gold, well done Kirani James!
    Last edited by miss k bee; 08-07-2012 at 06:02 PM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Job interview tomorrow, bitches!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The Outer Banks.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    Job interview tomorrow, bitches!
    GOT IT. Hells yeah!!!

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    A new coworker guessed my age to be 22. I'm turning 30 in seven months. This probably makes me a dork, but that kind of made my day.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    The item I ordered finally arrived!!

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Went to the first of two live David Attenborough shows last night (another one tonight) and 5 questions got picked to be asked that we got to write down beforehand. Mine got picked so I was standing there in front of about 1,100 + people talking to David fucking Attenborough. I had the guy behind me record it.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Went to the first of two live David Attenborough shows last night (another one tonight) and 5 questions got picked to be asked that we got to write down beforehand. Mine got picked so I was standing there in front of about 1,100 + people talking to David fucking Attenborough. I had the guy behind me record it.

Going again tonight! The end got cut off by the guy recording but Ray Martin basically said since you're coming again tomorrow we'll have something signed for you or something like that.
    Last edited by Ryan; 08-10-2012 at 09:53 PM.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I spent the entire afternoon today and part of the afternoon yesterday apartment hunting. It looks like I might be out of here next weekend. AND I'll live about half a mile from my job. AND I got a new job (yeah, that too).

And there's a supermarket, a Target and a Costco about half a mile away, too, all in the same parking lot. So I'll be in walking distance from the grocery store and my work. And it's right on the way home. I could literally drive out of my work parking lot straight across the street and into the grocery store parking lot, then leave the other side of the grocery store parking lot and be home in five minutes. Even if I drove to work every day, I would use about one gallon of gas a MONTH getting to and from work. If I were a completely unsocial (as opposed to MOSTLY unsocial) hermit, I could technically spend less than four dollars a month on gas, but I have to go out and do things away from my place at some point. :P

Still, if I stayed where I'm at now, it would cost about $200 a month in gas just to and from work. From $200 a month to $4 a month...not too shabby.

So...fuck you, asshole roommate. You can continue being a douchebag far, far away from me.
    Last edited by theruiner; 08-11-2012 at 09:37 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Nobody apartmenthunts better than you babe!

(No, seriously, that's a pretty good find! Hope you'll enjoy living there.)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post

Still, if I stayed where I'm at now, it would cost about $200 a month in gas just to and from work. From $200 a month to $4 a month...not too shabby.

Sooo....$196 a month to go into the "holiday with shreena" fund, yes?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Samuel Adam's Octoberfest

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Just noticed this thread. I nominate its existence as a little thing that cheers me up. Long live positivity!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    MOVING DAAAAAAY! Can't wait to get all set up. My TV's too heavy to move (32 inch screen, weighs 300 pounds), so mom and dad are gonna buy me a new one once we get up there, since they never really got me a graduation gift. And they're helping a lot with money and everything. I don't know what I'd do without 'em.

OH, and they decided that if I pass the semester with A's, they'll get me a MacBook Pro! Worth it!
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 08-15-2012 at 09:12 AM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    My little sister got her big exam results back. Highest ever result in art in the history of her school and plenty of offers and she got into the course she wanted. Yay.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Is she hot?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Spicy peanut sauce on pizza.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Wednesday my boss of three months called me the most reliable worker she has, and later I learned that the place of employment I left is falling apart without me.