Page 336 of 486 FirstFirst ... 236 286 326 334 335 336 337 338 346 386 436 ... LastLast
Results 10,051 to 10,080 of 14557

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    It was better than I expected at least. Omega dragon suplexed Ishii off the apron and through a table. My voice went up a couple octaves for that one.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Well, there is now someone else who will NEVER be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame. Yet, what he says is worth it. You may rag on Scott Steiner for being nuts and being lackluster as a wrestler but you can't deny how entertaining he is.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I think he will along with his brother. Unless they turned it down. We'll see.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Scott Steiner is a moron. I never liked him solo in the WWE or TNA or with the Steiner Brothers. Was always a guy that was just there as time passed by.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    His solo run in wwe was pretty bad. No clue about tna. He was crazy over in WCW though.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    His solo run in wwe was pretty bad. No clue about tna. He was crazy over in WCW though.
    Especially with those promos and the fact that he actually threatened people while on roid-rage behind the scenes.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Or he's just nuts.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Steiner is an asshole...

I do respect what he did with "The Steiners" but the dude has a toilet-for a mouth and he can't wrestle for shit in his latest years, never liked him and i think he's insane...
    But it's funny to listen to his rants, he's like The Iron Sheik in that way, he just doesn't give a fuck...

And that Macho Man comment was f'n hilarious, lol

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Got a 6th row ticket for the September 4th Raw, itll be my first time attending a taped show.

And its the week before Riotfest

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Got a 6th row ticket for the September 4th Raw, itll be my first time attending a taped show.

And its the week before Riotfest
    have fun, and I look forward to meeting you at Riotfest!!

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Austin Aries just got released. I hope it was his choice.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    I think it was. Having to be demoted to 205 Live is a slap in the face. Seriously, fuck WWE.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Austin Aries asked for his release and got it. Let's see what he does in 90 days.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    It would be real rad if he showed up at AAW next Saturday <fingers crossed>

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    It would be real rad if he showed up at AAW next Saturday <fingers crossed>
    I'm sure he's got a non compete. So prolly not... I get the feeling he's probably going to take a break. 90 days might be long enough.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    It was for the best, im pretty sure they would have buried him in the months to come...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    They say he didn't like being pigeonholed into the cruiserweight division. Might have had some heat on him as well. He's better than how they used him. He's better off. He's got so many options. Indies are booming atm. GFW would probably offer him a good deal too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    AJ Styles NEW United States Champion! At MSG Live I have video but I can't upload it directly so fuck it.
    Last edited by quietime; 07-07-2017 at 10:59 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by quietime View Post
    AJ Styles NEW United States Champion! At MSG Live I have video but I can't upload it directly so fuck it.
    I saw that. I don't fucking believe it and on a house show at the fucking Garden. I miss moments like that.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Sorry for the double-post but... here's a new episode of BOTCHAMANIA...

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    I near-completely bypassed what was very likely another turgid, run-of-the-mill PPV and only bothered streaming the Lesnar-Joe match

What an unbelievable waste of a fight. This should have been the hottest, most lucrative feud of the summer, culminating in a superfight at Summerslam, and they of course opt for a seven-minute match on some bushleague PPV with a stupid name.

It's the same shit EVERY time with Lesnar: disappears for four months, throws a bunch of his lame suplexes, F-5, see you in another four months. Joe is every bit the destroyer Lesnar ever was and has been decorated everywhere he's been before WWE. You could actually have this guy as your champion on your flagship program every week and people would show up to see what he would do next, but instead...here's some suplexes and an F-5 and now yet another hot main event superstar is vanquished in ridiculous fashion by a part-time guy.

It amazes me how truly and consistently awful the WWE and TNAImpactGlobalFarceWrestlingWhateverwecallourself have become. It's like an ongoing contest to see whose shit can stink worse, at this point. And the smell is getting far too wretched to justify even reading about it after the fact anymore..

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Thought it was a decent show overall. You would think they pulled a double turn with Reigns and Braun, but who knows...

Lesnar and Joe was everything it needed to be. Joe looked like the destroyer he needed to be. Felt the finish was a bit rushed. Should've taken at least two F5's. Otherwise, I wouldn't change a thing.

Agree about the suplexes. I think they've gone on long enough. It's kind of his gimmick now though and a merch seller. So they might be stuck with it.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    I near-completely bypassed what was very likely another turgid, run-of-the-mill PPV and only bothered streaming the Lesnar-Joe match

What an unbelievable waste of a fight. This should have been the hottest, most lucrative feud of the summer, culminating in a superfight at Summerslam, and they of course opt for a seven-minute match on some bushleague PPV with a stupid name.

It's the same shit EVERY time with Lesnar: disappears for four months, throws a bunch of his lame suplexes, F-5, see you in another four months. Joe is every bit the destroyer Lesnar ever was and has been decorated everywhere he's been before WWE. You could actually have this guy as your champion on your flagship program every week and people would show up to see what he would do next, but instead...here's some suplexes and an F-5 and now yet another hot main event superstar is vanquished in ridiculous fashion by a part-time guy.

It amazes me how truly and consistently awful the WWE and TNAImpactGlobalFarceWrestlingWhateverwecallourself have become. It's like an ongoing contest to see whose shit can stink worse, at this point. And the smell is getting far too wretched to justify even reading about it after the fact anymore..
    I'm not surprised in what WWE does. Plus, I'm sick of Brock Lesnar as the top guy. Fuck part-timers. They don't belong in the business. As for Braun Strowman. If what happened to him doesn't make him a babyface then the WWE Creative and Meekmahan can go fuck themselves.

Oh, and fuck Global Impact or whatever it's fucking called. The Man Who is Fond of Slapping the Nutz is just a con artist.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    GBOF was ok
    Of course i would have prefered Joe to win, but he stood up with the champ and looked good, maybe they will feud some other time; i know all roads lead to Reigns winning the championship, but in the meantime Joe has showed his worth...

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    This is from Mick Foley's Facebook

DIXIE CARTER ON WWE TV – this makes me happy!

Yes, I am very happy that Dixie Carter will be appearing Monday night, after WWE Raw on the WWE Network special on Kurt Angle. Dixie did a lot for wrestling, a lot for Kurt and so many wrestlers – and in my opinion, her contributions to the wrestling business have been largely overlooked or greatly underestimated.

I have heard most of the criticisms before. I was personally critical of Dixie and TNA on several occasions when I worked there – and have poked a little good-natured fun at them from time to time since leaving. But, with the benefit of hindsight, I came to see how fortunate I was to have had Dixie Carter in my life – and how fortunate professional wrestling was to have had her in our business.

For the past few years, I wanted to write an article, “It’s a Wonderful Life, Dixie Carter”, where – in the spirit of the classic Jimmy Stewart movie – I would try to imagine the wrestling landscape had Dixie not been part of our world. I never quite got around to it. So instead, I wrote her a hand-written letter last month, expressing both my appreciation for what she had done for professional wrestling, and my gratefulness for having had the opportunity to work for her. But, try if you can to imagine the landscape of professional wrestling has she chosen not to become part of it in 2002. It almost certainly would look much bleaker than it does today. I didn’t always agree with Dixie’s decisions, but she was a good boss, a good person and a blessing to our business. I’m proud to call her a friend – and happy that she will be appearing on WWE TV.

If you could do me a small favor, try to fight that strong urge to say something negative – and perhaps think about sharing a nice thought about Dixie or TNA in the comments.

I have never thought I would lose respect for him, after so much he has done for the sake of my entertainment. This doesn't diminish those memories (or those of reading his first book with much glee, it's still probably the best wrestling book ever) but it makes me question his judgment about things now, and makes me worry a little for his state of mind actually.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I'm at the point now where promotions are contacting me about working for them in December and I cannot do it due to already being booked elswhere. what the hell. In other news, I finally got a job so now i can save up for a ROH camp!!

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Elgin and Callihan run camps every so often in the Midwest but I'm sure you're already aware.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Dixie Carter was single handedly the absolute WORST thing to happen to TNA.

He's wrong about this one.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Dixie Carter was single handedly the absolute WORST thing to happen to TNA.

He's wrong about this one.
    Can we throw Mick off the roof of a Hell in a Cell cage? I think he took a bad bump and has become ass-kissing Foley.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Perhaps maybe he genuinely likes her as a person and doesn't want to say "my friend is a fucking bitch who fucking ruined wrestling what a fucking cunt ammirite fellas?"