Page 286 of 486 FirstFirst ... 186 236 276 284 285 286 287 288 296 336 386 ... LastLast
Results 8,551 to 8,580 of 14560

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    The whole King Barrett angle was one of worst in recent memory. He's far better off without the WWE.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Glad Riley got released. I don't like saying things like that, but he was a whiner and never seemed to appreciate the opportunities he'd been given. Fuck him.

Hornswoggle, Cameron, Santino, Colter and Torito I'm neutral about. All of them can either find other career paths or find other companies that will pick them up. Swoggle and Colter already have, actually, though I don't think GFW counts as anything at this point.

Barrett is a huge story of what could have been. If they hadn't mismanaged the Nexus storyline so badly, he would've been made for his entire career. Instead he got stuck in the orbit of the Intercontinential title for his entire career. Hope he takes the time to recharge his batteries and make sure this is the career path he wants to stay on while he's away.

Sandow is just...there's nothing left to say, is there? I didn't like him as much as most other people, but his pushes were all mismanaged horribly. Mizdow always had a limited shelf life, but why couldn't they just use that to catapult him? Have him stand up to Miz and go over. How hard is that? Nothing that ever happens to the Miz will ever ruin his heel credibility because he's bulletproof. Ridiculous. I think he's a guy that could benefit from running through the upper-level indies for a while so he can figure out what his gimmick should be.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I honestly don't get how Sandow gets canned but Otunga is still employed...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    It had to be heat. No way you would treat a guy like Sandow the way they did if he didn't. The guy was over. He had to have pissed off the wrong people. No way you could be so stupid. He was over and they gave him the Macho Mandow gimmick...

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    1 show down, one more to go.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    It had to be heat. No way you would treat a guy like Sandow the way they did if he didn't. The guy was over. He had to have pissed off the wrong people. No way you could be so stupid. He was over and they gave him the Macho Mandow gimmick...
    Anyway, I dunno if it is pissing people off, or just not kissing ass, or not having a character loosely based on himself. He's solid in-ring and can connect with the audience, but I dunno if it's as clear and dry as "he pissed off Road Dogg; he's done." Any time you'd catch him backstage with Xavier Woods and the Up-Up-Down-Down crew, he was kind of just aloof and irreverent. Which is fine.

Bottom line: I didn't "see" Damien Sandow in any of his characters like you can "see" Kevin Steen in the character Kevin Owens, or you can "see" Steve Williams in the character Steve Austin, etc. Give him some time, as @Final Destiny said, running through upper level indies where he can construct a dynamic, authentic character and maybe he'd come back to the 'E for a solid run.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    finally home. Fun show. The fans started chanting "Reznik's gonna kill you!" before the match.. then by the end of it, they were totally behind me.

all the boys in the back were very impressed. I had a lot of fun.

I'm not 100% certian, but I'm fairly sure we wrestled each other because we both love NIN.

edit: the dude I wrestled is kinda feuding with the booker (Who is retired)..he's been calling him out over and over. So he used me to guilt him into accepting the match. Which is really cool, because on paper, home boy came out of retirement because of something i was involved in. Also, I've known the booker for years, (which is why he accepted the challenge, cause we're friends)...but the next show is this company's biggest show, I shot the booker an idea and he liked it! basically, I'm going to be doing a run in on the match (Rezznik will say before the match how injured I am) and I'm gonna run in from the bar area. VERY fun!
    Last edited by xfocalinx; 05-09-2016 at 09:26 PM.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I'm confused as to why someone who clearly wasn't ready to be on NXT TV just ended up on RAW? Really, guys? Dana Brooke? I mean, she's slightly better than Eva and Nia...but that's about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    1st time posting in this thread, but I read it a lot... Finally got around to creating an account. I went to raw last night with my kids. It was pretty cool. I pretty much like what they are doing with Big Cass right now (aside from not actually giving him his main event last night, which pretty much sucked). And the AJ vs. Reigns feud is fun too. I'm for AJ myself, but I think the matches are doing good for both guys character development.

Oh, and Ambrose... Maybe I'm alone on this, but every time I see him, I wonder why they are wasting time on this guy. The ending last night was a big let down for me. Do I really care if Ambrose is tearing up a jacket. My kids where even asking why he tore up that jacket (their still kinda young, and thought it was cool... Of course, I'm kinda getting older, and I still think Jerichos jacket kicks ass) Anyways, I would have liked to seen Cass vs. Jericho. I don't think Jericho would have any problem putting Cass over. All in all though, I had a great time last night.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate04 View Post
    Oh, and Ambrose... Maybe I'm alone on this, but every time I see him, I wonder why they are wasting time on this guy.
    The way they handle his character is so confusing to me. He's supposed to be this psychotic loose cannon, right? But really he's just a middle aged guy who looks like he can't let go of his skateboarding/Jackass-watching/shitty parkouring teenage self. I mean, I like Ambrose well enough, but he's just too damn goofy for me to actually take his character seriously. What they were doing with him wanting to get the shit beat out of himself by Lesnar was way more in line with what his character SHOULD be, in my opinion.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    my match from West Virginia:

!!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate04 View Post
    Oh, and Ambrose... Maybe I'm alone on this, but every time I see him, I wonder why they are wasting time on this guy. The ending last night was a big let down for me. Do I really care if Ambrose is tearing up a jacket. My kids where even asking why he tore up that jacket (their still kinda young, and thought it was cool... Of course, I'm kinda getting older, and I still think Jerichos jacket kicks ass) Anyways, I would have liked to seen Cass vs. Jericho. I don't think Jericho would have any problem putting Cass over. All in all though, I had a great time last night.
    The Ambrose character doesn't work because it's a PG version of Brian Pillman, i think the guy is talented and has lots of credibility but i'm always bored when he's on TV, not just because the corny storylines they fit him into, but also because he's always the jobber and "number two" of The Shield...

Also: The WWE has released Steve Lombardi A.K.A. The Brooklyn Brawler

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    And Adam Rose was arrested for domestic abuse.

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=101919

goodbye, Rose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    The Ambrose character doesn't work because it's a PG version of Brian Pillman, i think the guy is talented and has lots of credibility but i'm always bored when he's on TV, not just because the corny storylines they fit him into, but also because he's always the jobber and "number two" of The Shield...

Also: The WWE has released Steve Lombardi A.K.A. The Brooklyn Brawler
    I'd say that sucks about the Brooklyn Brawler, but honestly I didn't even know he was still on the payroll in the first place. But after reading up on his release, I'm pretty sure he'll find employment elsewhere pretty quick.

Yeah, Ambrose... Jericho at this point in his career needs to be left to getting over guys who have main event potential but are still very raw. Big Cass fits the bill completely. I just don't get what the Ambrose/Jericho end game is. Ambrose has already been in main event matches... Give the guy a win or two in those type of matches, and he doesn't even need to bother with Jericho. Instead WWE screwed that up so bad, that even though he feuding with Jericho, and of course Jericho is putting him over... it isn't giving him any additional push at all. In fact, at this point, I think Jericho should come out on top of this feud, for the one reason of enhancing his name when he feuds with a guy like Cass. Just a very blah (other than Jericho absolutely killing it as a heel) feud.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post

goodbye, Rose.
    Suspended indefinitely. You're done, son!

As for Ambrose. I like that he's like a modern day Pillman/Piper. My issue is with his credibility. He almost never wins the ones that matter. At some point you're just going to be whatever about him and not take him as a credible contender anymore (which I kind of don't). And I'm so annoyed by his little flip through the ropes clothesline. He does it too much. Once every match is pushing it. He sometimes does it multiple times. I've really grown to hate that move. And I don't like his finisher at all. Especially compared to his prior one. Just can't take a ddt (as s finisher) seriously anymore. The 80's are over.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post

goodbye, Rose.
    Fuck him, who gives a shit. Guy was a lousy wrestler, had a terrible gimmick (not all his fault) and just proves he's a horrible human being. I won't miss him.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 05-15-2016 at 11:18 PM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I enjoyed Rose when he had the exotic express simply because I had fun seeing my friends on TV.

had a seminar with TNA's DJ Z again last night. (he's from the Pittsburgh area and I've known him since 2003) VERY fun stuff, learned a lot of lucha stuff. The seminar ended around 9:00 PM.. But me/another student/DJ Z/Facade didn't end up leaving the building till around midnight. Learned a LOT of stuff. Excited to try during a match!!
    Last edited by xfocalinx; 05-12-2016 at 02:20 PM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Sorry for the double post. but figured I'd let you guys know whats up if you're not friends with me on facebook!

new merch!! I have an extremely limited quantity of my custom zippo lighters!! https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...ae&oe=57ABFE8D

These bad boys are going for 30 dollars. They come with a free wristband, a lifetime warranty, and gift box!! (If you want, I can even get something special added onto the back for you guys!)

Also, just purchased tshirts today!

i ordered 5 extra small, 10 small, 10 med, 10 large, 10 X large. These guys are going to go quick! VERY exciting!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    To be fair, they are in a transitional period. And I thought Cole is just a new member. Omega is the leader.

Barrett was already leaving to do other things. Yeah, they dropped the ball with him. Same with Sandow. Sandow was so over. Not saying he could've been world champion or anything. But, he should've been given a chance to do his thing.

They can't use Bullet Club. I'm ok with The Club. I know what it's implying so it's good enough.

And yeah, Ryback and Rose are probably on the way out. Did it to themselves though.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I think their issue with Barrett had to do with injuries. He was over with the bad news gimmick before injuring his shoulder. After that one, they just kinda gave up on him.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Little off topic, but i just watched two episodes of "Camp WWE", it was so-so, i expected better (Considering Seth Green's involvement...), the only funny jokes are by Mr McMahon, most of the other jokes are bland and uninspired.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Saw the first one. Was alright. McMahon was the best thing about it. Maybe it'll get better as it goes. I laughed a little at the triple h character though. Mostly how he talked.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The Shining Stars = DOA. I just don't get what their gimmick is. Whatever it is, they're attracting crickets.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    The Club should be running over the Usos. New era, right? Nope. Just more 50/50 booking bullshit.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    They're making the club look like dweebs. Seems like Reigns squashes everything they throw in front of him. Just seems like a waste of Anderson and Gallows. At least try to make them look strong too. Instead, we get the all too common "make roman look strong" bullshit.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I quit watching the 'E after Payback and haven't missed it a bit, but I still like the idea of tuning in for the PPVs once a month (kind of an old ritual at this point). Do you guys think this Sunday looks promising, or will it be a total shit show?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Depends. If you liked payback, you will most likely like this one as well. I liked payback. I'm pretty optimistic about the matches. Pretty predictable. But, I expect some pretty good matches.

I've considered quitting the regular shows and stick with the ppvs and nxt. Not sure why I don't. This week, aside from the tag match with Owens/Zayn vs. Cesaro and Miz, the show was a bust. It's not like I've got anything better to do on a Monday night... the ppvs recap everything anyway.. plus, there's youtube and social media. Almost like they don't want us to watch live.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Cool, will probably check it out. At the very least the fast forward button is always an option lol

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The fatal four way will probably steal the show. Reigns and AJ will probably be good too. Ambrose and Jericho could go either way. Womens match has potential as well.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    First tshirt is available!

http://i.imgur.com/5TbdcjB.jpg