Page 278 of 485 FirstFirst ... 178 228 268 276 277 278 279 280 288 328 378 ... LastLast
Results 8,311 to 8,340 of 14543

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Jeff Jarrett beat the shit out Fabulous Moolah and Mae Young at the same damn time with no hesitation in the middle of the ring. Guy was the best heel ever.

On a side note, Mae Young deserves all the props in the world. She lived for this shit until the day she died. The bumps she took as a geriatric are hall of fame worthy enough, but the full-on stripping at the 2000 Royal Rumble and how Lawler played off her was the best ever!

I love that a lady her age was part of some of the most controversial moments ever.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Has anyone noticed how much Bad News Barrett resembles a scruffy/bearded Paul Ryan?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Mae Young gave no fucks. Bubba's story of the Powerbomb off the stage is pretty awesome if you haven't seen it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Mae Young gave no fucks. Bubba's story of the Powerbomb off the stage is pretty awesome if you haven't seen it.
    I will have to look it up, thanks!

Also, who could forget THE HAND!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Jarrett can't get a company off the ground by himself. The Panda Energy money is all that got TNA anywhere in the early days. If he didn't have that, TNA would've been exactly where GFW is at now - a bunch of shows taped with no money, no TV deal, and no future.

Jarrett needs to either figure out how to run a promotion or just stop. GFW has been a colossal waste of everyone's time. Wonder how many of the guys that worked those shows actually got paid.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    He DID get TNA started on his own, sorta. Before panda energy, it was originally a territory of NWA. The world title was even the classic NWA belt. When TNA separated and went on its own, then panda energy may have come into play.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Yeah but at the end of the day....

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Got a tag match technically today (the 9th) I'm excited! I dunno what we're going to do. I haven't wrestled in a month!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Yeah but at the end of the day....

That means nothing. As if WWE has never put out a doc or segment to try burying someone (warrior?). It's pretty common knowledge that McMahon isn't very fond of him. So go figure they trash him in one of their docs. What a surprise?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Yeah and as much as I loathe Vince and the WWE altogether. Jeff Jarrett is still a jabroni who never drew a dime. Plus, did he really think he would make more money than Hogan, the Rock, or Austin?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Have you seen the numbers he's drawn? Imo, he was a mid carder who fit that role perfectly. And again, you're basing your argument from a WWE doc. It's well known they try to change facts with these things. Did he draw? Probably. You don't put a title on the guy (talking about his wwe run) if he draws nothing. Even Rycrap draws something, big or miniscule. Did he draw as much as Hogan and Austin? Of course not. Is he the first to try making himself a big deal to make more money? Yes. It's called backstage politics. A lot of guys in the 90s played them.
    Last edited by Piko; 04-09-2016 at 07:27 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Yeah but I think he was just annoying as fuck and dared called himself "the chosen one" in WCW. I saw him during that time and didn't think he was a big deal then. He's still a fucking mid-carder.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Yeah but I think he was just annoying as fuck and dared called himself "the chosen one" in WCW. I saw him during that time and didn't think he was a big deal then. He's still a fucking mid-carder.
    That's the point. He was a heel.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    That's the point. He was a heel.
    But a lame one. Scott Steiner was the better heel in those final moments of WCW.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I'll be working with Jeff in June, So I can't say anything bad about him!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I respect everything he's done for the business. He is/was a good, old fashioned heel that could work. Only downside was that he burned a bridge with McMahon on the way out. Good worker though, imo.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

latest match, I was debating on even posting it. I dislike it so much.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    the other guys look a bit stiff, good selling of moves on your part

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Apparently, "due to social network demands", Shane-O-Mac is in control of Raw again tonight.

Anyone else smell a Titus O'Neil father of the year gimmick weaving its way into this angle?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post

latest match, I was debating on even posting it. I dislike it so much.
    Even the best have their stinkers. All you can do is try to move past it and learn whatever you can from it. And you shouldn't be so hard on yourself. It wasn't that bad. I could show you terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by the duder View Post
    Apparently, "due to social network demands", Shane-O-Mac is in control of Raw again tonight.

Anyone else smell a Titus O'Neil father of the year gimmick weaving its way into this angle?
    Titus who? I'm not surprised to see Shane stick around.

Am I the only one geeking out to Cesaro's Bond entrance?
    Last edited by Piko; 04-11-2016 at 07:13 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    ^ Nope. Really digging the "bond" character.

Though, I asked myself "was he running around the Staples center in that?" after what Shane had said about him being super prepared...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Enzo calling D-Von "Devon" = priceless. I really hope they end up ditching the whole "My name is..." schtick; didn't like it with the new age outlaws, don't like it now. Dudes are fire on the mic - Cass has come a LONG way. No need for the sing-a-long.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    You guys still watching that bullshit?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    You guys still watching that bullshit?

Just watched Gallows & Anderson kill the Uso's. #thankyoushane

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Nice to see Anderson and Gallows debut. Figured it was gonna happen today.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm gonna come out and say it. This is a good raw. Better than last week (even with all the debuts). We've got some really good matches so far. Zayn/AJ going on, atm (good as you would expect it to be). A lot of wrestling. The promos aren't dragging on too long. Makes you wonder who put this show together tonight. Whoever it was deserves a pat on the back.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Absolutely. Very strong show. I actually WANTED to see how things turned out, because they actually told stories that carried through the show.

With a deep, healthy roster - and IF creative can keep this streak running - we could be on the brink of a new era of Raw. (Big IF, I know.)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Gallows & Anderson debuted? As the Bullet Club?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    No team name yet. They showed up and jumped the Usos. A little bummed we're not getting Balor Club (at least not for now), but at least they put the hurt on the No-sos.