Page 4 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson - Born Villain

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Born Villain will not be out in February.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Born Villain will not be out in February.
    If I had to take a stab, I'd say late March/April.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Only interesting (or sad) thing about this album is the Goon Moon involvement by Jeordie White and Fred Sablan. I wish they'd stick to Goon Moon.
    Last edited by hobochic; 02-09-2012 at 04:37 PM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I give up on this album. lack of promotion, lack of Manson taking his career serious just make me not care anymore. It's a shame since this was a band that I was heavily into back in the day being from South Florida and all. Damn shame. when it drops, it drops but im not going to go goo gaga over it like I used to.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    I'm optimistic. If the new one is as much an improvement on THEOL as that album was on EMDM, then it will be a good album. Even if it's only as good as THEOL I'll still be happy.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Through all the bullshit etc., I'm still interested in hearing the album. I didn't mind THEOL at all, there's some keepers on there. EMDM finally sunk in with me, and even though I don't spin it a lot, I can pop it on once in a blue moon.

I guess everything still gets a chance, regardless...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Last edited by october_midnight; 01-18-2012 at 05:25 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Black Diamond Music Memorabilia

Director/Photographer Dean Karr has confirmed he will be working with Marilyn Manson again for the first time in 15 years. Karr directed the video for Sweet Dreams as well as the photography for the Antichrist Superstar album.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    May 8th.

Des Moines, Iowa.

See you there, motherfuckers!

\m/ \m/

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    May 8th.

Des Moines, Iowa.

See you there, motherfuckers!

\m/ \m/
    Got a source for this?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Only thing I've found after about a minute of searching is the radio station's website.

Des Moines better stock up on cheeseburgers.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    and drugs. lots of drugs.

oh, and alcohol. lots of alcohol.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Only thing I've found after about a minute of searching is the radio station's website.

Quote Originally Posted by That website
    5/8 Marilyn Manson
    WHERE: Val Air Ballroom
    TIX: $29350 thru TICKETMASTER **On sale 2/3**
    SHOW: 7pm
    That's pretty pricey...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I don't mean to bring fire to where it's not coveted, but it's intriguing to read endless havoc steered towards matter that is insignificant and pointless....no less mostly based off of speculation and fabricated info.

http://www.nachtkabarett.com/babalon...ls/post:322833

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    LOLZ at Hazekiah's meltdown towards Trent Reznor hahaha...

I'm pretty sure that anyone that still frequents a Marilyn Manson message board in the bloody year 2012 doesn't need any of us to go over there and tell them they're just refusing to acknowledge that it's just a matter of holding on to that last glimmer of fame from an artist that had his time, but is washed up. Manson could release a song called 'My Fans Are Retarded.' and they'd worship it as 'art'.

Reznor isn't an angel, but who doesn't know that? The man's winning fucking Oscars, treating his fans with intelligence and respect. Manson's....what was it? Oh yeah. 'A dopey clown'.

edit: Shout out to the genius who wrote this gem: 'Anyone who would make a terrible vanity project album with his slutty wife is pussy-whipped...not music-whipped. Trent Reznor is an egomaniac whose passion is himself and his (as of late) terrible music.'

'terrible music'??? ON A MARILYN MANSON FORUM? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAHA..........AHHH..... .AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA
    Last edited by october_midnight; 02-01-2012 at 02:14 PM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I am a member there. I hate every single one of those members.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Babalon is a cesspool.

We don't go there.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    It really is. You just want to revoke the internet from every single user there.

I really do feel bad for bands like Manson or Slipknot, who just have the dumbest fans.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I like and still like Marilyn Manson a lot but those posts are retarded at best and kind of not in well light. I am a member on there but for laughs and irony more than anything. For it being official it's one of the worst MM forums ever.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    To be fair, I think that sort of thing would happen to any 'official' forum. Whenever you get a large enough group of people together, the idiots will overpower and infect the others. I'm content with Provider Module, which seems to have coherent and rational discussion, for the most part.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    It really is laughable.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I love Provider Module and you're right on the official forums as....

Official NIN Boards < ETS

For the win! Ziiiiiiiing.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    LOLZ at Hazekiah's meltdown towards Trent Reznor hahaha...

I'm pretty sure that anyone that still frequents a Marilyn Manson message board in the bloody year 2012 doesn't need any of us to go over there and tell them they're just refusing to acknowledge that it's just a matter of holding on to that last glimmer of fame from an artist that had his time, but is washed up. Manson could release a song called 'My Fans Are Retarded.' and they'd worship it as 'art'.

Reznor isn't an angel, but who doesn't know that? The man's winning fucking Oscars, treating his fans with intelligence and respect. Manson's....what was it? Oh yeah. 'A dopey clown'.

edit: Shout out to the genius who wrote this gem: 'Anyone who would make a terrible vanity project album with his slutty wife is pussy-whipped...not music-whipped. Trent Reznor is an egomaniac whose passion is himself and his (as of late) terrible music.'

'terrible music'??? ON A MARILYN MANSON FORUM? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAHA..........AHHH..... .AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA
    Oh wow thank goodness someone else noticed. Thought I was gonna be the one to call it out. So, why does Haz even bother to have an ETS account again? Holy two-face, Batman...

Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I like and still like Marilyn Manson a lot but those posts are retarded at best and kind of not in well light. I am a member on there but for laughs and irony more than anything. For it being official it's one of the worst MM forums ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    To be fair, I think that sort of thing would happen to any 'official' forum. Whenever you get a large enough group of people together, the idiots will overpower and infect the others. I'm content with Provider Module, which seems to have coherent and rational discussion, for the most part.
    ^ And those. PM >>> Babylon. (in the same way that ETS >>> nin.com -- unofficial channels being more worthwhile than blind fanboyism on the officials)

Less traffic, sure, but at least I can have a rational level-headed discussion on PM.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Haha...wtf is all THIS shit?

I didn't have "meltdown" at all. I noticed the issue had been raised in there so I chimed in with the same carefully considered opinion I've held on the matter for over half-a-decade.

And I explicitly mentioned that "as much as I love everything else he's ever done," I still think Trent Reznor is a hypocritical bastard for his involvement in the disappearance of those masters...whether it was intentional or simply negligence.

Hardly two-faced, thankyouverymuch. Not on my part, at any rate.

Not only have I mentioned it HERE in the past, but I'd even broach the subject with Trent Reznor himself if I had the chance.

Sorry, but right now as far as I know his only statement on the matter has been a nonchalant bullshit joke "answer" from the old nin.com Q&As leading up to With Teeth, and that just doesn't cut it.

I'd be completely respectful in my approach, mind you. He IS one of my all-time-favorite artists, after all. To this day.

But, again, when we're talking about an artist who's spent practically his entire career complaining about record labels interfering with and ruining his art...well, I just think an issue such as this deserves to be addressed a bit more seriously.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I think that whatever happened to those master tapes is as much Manson's fault as anyone else's, if not more. It's your fucking music, dude, not Trent's or anyone's. Regardless of whether you own them or the label does, you should be checking if it's okay and sitting in it's place.
    Just my 5 cents.

Anyway, is this new album coming out or what? It's been in 'pretty much finished' state a year ago.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Cooking Vinyl's already said that it won't be out in February.

But Manson's tours generally start about a week or two before their corresponding album is released and the tour starts overseas just before the end of the month, so I'm guessing an early- to mid-March release at the soonest.

However, it'll almost SURELY be out by the time the U.S. dates get going, so it could be as long a wait as late-April or early-May, too.

Just some educated guesses here, of course...but whatever, I'm ready for it WHENEVER it drops.

:)
    Last edited by Hazekiah; 02-06-2012 at 09:30 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    So now that some European dates have surfaced, I wonder if it's 2 weeks or 3 weeks until the expected 'This album is the one, man! This one isn't going to suck, man!' forum posts start popping up juuuuust before Manson drops yet another turd.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    If it's gonna be a trainwreck, I just hope that it's a ~glammy~ one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    hmmmm.....official forums seem to have been taken down for some reason....

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    ^ They've been talking about an era-specific update in the works for a while now, and hopefully they're up to that along with some much-needed glitch repairs.

That's my guess.

Otherwise I guess Manson might just be getting ready to replace it with a different official BBS, but the Babalon-overhaul still seems more likely to me at this point. Like I said, it's been alluded to several times in the past, and the timing would be right with the tour for the new album mere days away and all.