Page 14 of 77 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson - Born Villain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I only come here to watch people post shit about the person they pretend they don't like anymore.
    Totally worth it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I still love Manson.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredy_Brown View Post
    I only come here to watch people post shit about the person they pretend they don't like anymore.
    Totally worth it.
    I'm actually cautiously optimistic that the new MM album might be good.

Still, did you actually like the last 3 Manson albums?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by demo View Post
    I wish if they end up playing Wight Spider again, it doesn't sound like this.. </3

That's amazing IMO. I expected worse. Apart from a few horrible screams it was right on.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredy_Brown View Post
    Totally worth it.
    Well that's a dumb as fuck statement. Who's pretending? I used to love him but he's a dork now and hasn't released anything worthwhile in years. If I recall correctly, about 99% of the music you used to post in the recommendation thread or 'what are you listening to' thread was utter shit, where's the thread on that?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by voidnz View Post
    That's amazing IMO. I expected worse. Apart from a few horrible screams it was right on.
    the band itself sounded amazing, but Manson... fell short. I guess you could say this performance really summed up the phrase "the high end of low"

lol

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    So, yeah...I don't know the story behind this project at all but DO know I feel like I just watched an animated version of one of those pulpy, soap opera erotica comics from Europe and that THIS is one of the greatest things ever, lol:

This is the band's site (the one from the freight truck), but it doesn't seem to have the lyrics to that particular song just yet:

http://www.pythies.com/index.htm

But that's obviously Nick and there's even a quick, l'il shout-out to Perou!

Fun little video clearly made by a BIG fan.

:)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^ That's obviously not Nick, in my opinion, but supposed to be Manson himself. It looks like its all based on actual photos of Manson, like this is a big fan and they had this morbid sexual fantasy play out in their head. It was fucking insane, what the fuck! It's probably going to be the best song on the new album, too.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    If that's "obviously not Nick" then you obviously didn't watch the whole thing or otherwise just didn't pay close enough attention, lol.

:P

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Aaaaaaaaannnnnyway... great audio and video on this clip of "antichrist superstar". actually hearing him a little more clearly makes me excited for his tour now.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Who the hell is Nick?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Marilyn manson's ass kisser.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I thought that was Rudy

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    I thought that was Rudy
    Both of 'em.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Thought we could use some (intentional) comic relief.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by demo View Post
    Aaaaaaaaannnnnyway... great audio and video on this clip of "antichrist superstar". actually hearing him a little more clearly makes me excited for his tour now.

Not too shabby there. Can he maintain though?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    If that's "obviously not Nick" then you obviously didn't watch the whole thing or otherwise just didn't pay close enough attention, lol.

:P
    Yeah, I'm sure that person is a huge Nick Kushner fan and was just dying to work hours on an animated film dedicated to his hero, Nick Kushner.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Oh, ffs. That is VERY CLEARLY AND 100% ABSOLUTELY Nick in the middle of the video.

If you're gonna try to be a smartass it's helpful to at least not be a complete DUMBASS first.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    What a ridiculous argument over something that means absolutely nothing. And that's sayin' something in a thread about Marilyn Manson.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh, ffs. That is VERY CLEARLY AND 100% ABSOLUTELY Nick in the middle of the video.

If you're gonna try to be a smartass it's helpful to at least not be a complete DUMBASS first.
    I just think it looks nothing like Nick and like it was all based on drawings of MANSON... I've seen some of those shots of Manson that are being replicated here. I don't know if it's SAID to be Nick AFTER the fact or if the animator changed their mind or what. It looks like Manson to me. I watched it, skimmed through it, saw the part where it's Manson in drag from Starfuckers and goes down on the guy.... Idk it looked like erotic gay Manson fanimation to me. And if it's really about Nick, that only makes it more bizarre, I guess. I just think it looks like it's based on pics of Manson. Kushner doesn't have that bone structure in his face(or stature, which was all Manson imo).

edit: And I don't really care either I just wanted to point out that I think it looks like Manson in the video and I don't know why the hell anyone would dedicate themselves to a decent animated project about a fan of Marilyn Manson instead of just... about Marilyn Manson.
    Last edited by Babali; 03-03-2012 at 10:33 AM.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Babali View Post
    I just think it looks nothing like Nick and like it was all based on drawings of MANSON...

I watched it, skimmed through it...
    So, like I suggested, you're simply making misinformed yet absolute statements based on partial information.

No one ever claimed that Nick was the primary character or focus of the video, but rather that he was simply given a cameo.

Find a picture of Nick.

Watch the goddamned video.

Accept that you are wrong.

Learn from the mistake.

No biggie.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I'd still like to know who the fuck this "Nick" person is. Santa?

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    That cartoon video was the stupidest pile of shit in the world. I Skimmed it and decided to had absolutly nothing to do with MM. I just want to hear the new album, I don't want to watch cartoons of naked guys cutting of Penis'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So, like I suggested, you're simply making misinformed yet absolute statements based on partial information.

No one ever claimed that Nick was the primary character or focus of the video, but rather that he was simply given a cameo.

Find a picture of Nick.

Watch the goddamned video.

Accept that you are wrong.

Learn from the mistake.

No biggie.
    I trust you are correct. I know you are a huge Manson fan. I'm not going to watch the video! I apologize for making you flip out.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I just would like to know who gives even the tiniest of shits?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Nothing has changed:

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Well that's a dumb as fuck statement. Who's pretending? I used to love him but he's a dork now and hasn't released anything worthwhile in years. If I recall correctly, about 99% of the music you used to post in the recommendation thread or 'what are you listening to' thread was utter shit, where's the thread on that?
    Manson being pathetic doesn't justify you being an obnoxious weasely asshole.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just got back from soundwave in perth. Mansons set was a mess he stuffed up Antichrist Superstar up (first song) by singing a bar or to early, stopped Personal Jesus 1/2 through and was pretty much a stumbling mess the whole time:/

Shame, cause when did manage to sing/scream it was awesome:/ oh wells

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    He needs to quit with the substance abuse but he doesn't give a fuck enough to bother. He's gone downhill since it being worse than it has.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Single comes out March 20th.

Thirty second preview:
    http://www.amazon.com/No-Reflection/...1002390&sr=1-1