Page 36 of 147 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 136 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 4404

Thread: Trump 2017: Year Zero

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I think the BBC is annoyed with trump, they have done a point by point fisking of trumps claims that the media doesn't report or under reports terror attacks. One of the longest bbc news articles I've ever seen

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38890090

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    so Warren was silenced by McConnell and his spineless cronies for trying to read a letter written by Coretta Scott King... the widow of Martin Luther King... THE civil rights hero of the American civil rights movement... to present a side of Sessions that might be relevant, given that his past is under scrutiny for racism.

WHAT?! https://www.rawstory.com/2017/02/sha...ter-to-senate/

Read the letter, which Warren was unable to deliver... because a bunch of fucking cowards knew it had power greater than theirs
    http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/cong...ssions-n718166
    McConnell and other Republicans said Warren violated Senate rules. The rule, No. 19, says senators cannot "directly or indirectly, by any form of words impute to another Senator or to other Senators any conduct or motive unworthy or unbecoming a Senator."
    However, when Sen. Tom Udall, D-New Mexico, read the same letter the next day, Republicans did not object.
    So mansplaining is, yet again, OK.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I like this article about the "Gag Rule" imposed by the Senate against Warren.

I loathe Mitch McConnell SO MUCH, I can't even express it. He's a mean old man and he needs to retire.
    Last edited by allegro; 02-08-2017 at 11:43 AM.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    It's awesome that Sanders has Warren's back even after she left him high and dry during the primary. That said, I'll take it. Even if it wasn't reciprocal. It's the right thing to do. McConnell was a tool before he was in Trump's pocket.
    Last edited by Swykk; 02-08-2017 at 11:38 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    It's awesome that Sanders has Warren's back even after she left him high and dry during the primary. That said, I'll take it. Even if it's late.
    She didn't really leave him high and dry; I'm sure they, as good friends, discussed this matter before she finally opted to support Clinton, because by that time the game was clearly over, since the President had already endorsed Clinton.

Sanders is not a vindictive guy. He's mature enough to understand politics.

UGH THIS PISSES ME OFF SO MUCH, WTF.

"She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted," McConnell said on the Senate floor.

Warren is now barred from speaking on the floor for the remainder of the debate on Sessions' nomination, McConnell's office said. The debate is expected to wrap up about 7 p.m. ET Wednesday when a final confirmation vote is planned.
    Last edited by allegro; 02-08-2017 at 11:43 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Is that Orrin Hatch behind McConnell cleaning out his nostrils??

See 0:16 of embedded video.

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2...cott-king.html

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    It's an awful double standard. We're still so far behind progress wise and are poised to fall even farther.

As for my criticism (which I believe I brought up while it was happening or rather, NOT happening), Warren could've (and should've) endorsed Sanders way earlier on. Obama and pretty much every other Democrat played the same shitty political waiting game. It sucked then. It sucks way worse now. But here we are.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    It's an awful double standard. We're still so far behind progress wise and are poised to fall even farther.

As for my criticism (which I believe I brought up while it was happening or rather, NOT happening), Warren could've (and should've) endorsed Sanders way earlier on. Obama and pretty much every other Democrat played the same shitty political waiting game. It sucked then. It sucks way worse now. But here we are.
    I believe she explained, at the time, that she didn't want to interfere in the primary process, so she stayed out of it completely until it was pretty much "over." Which is pretty much what the President did, too. Had Sanders been the front-runner and was clearly going to have the most Electoral votes, Obama and Warren would have still waited until the very end to endorse Sanders. It wasn't about the actual candidate; it was about not interfering or influencing voters during the primary process, and I can understand that.

re Warren and the Gag Rule etc.: Yes, I think we are going BACKWARD instead of forward in so many ways. That's why we need TERM LIMITS in Congress. NOW. Those old farts gotta go.

All of this also indicates why we keep saying that our votes for members of CONGRESS are MUCH MORE IMPORTANT than our votes for a President.
    Last edited by allegro; 02-08-2017 at 11:57 AM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    #CastrateMcConnell.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    #CastrateMcConnell.
    On the Senate floor? Heh. That's kinda brutal.

VOTE HIM OUT.

AND IMPOSE TERM LIMITS.

McConnell has been a U.S. Senator for THIRTY-THREE FUCKING YEARS.
    Last edited by allegro; 02-08-2017 at 12:02 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Mitch McConnell looks like a mashup of the "ello!" worm from Labyrinth, and the monster from Pan's Labyrinth.

Coincidence!? Someone, call up Alex Jones, I think I'm on to something here

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    John Oliver did a nice little thing about McConnell looking like a old man's dick. It was hilarious and gross.

I think he's horrible, truly a stereotypical bad politician.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    this isn't too bad

'Trump's Cabinet of Killers and Why Orange is the New Anti-Black' by Intercepted with Jeremy Scahill https://megaphone.link/FL7005027452

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    so I got bored and made this to amuse myself... it's uncanny

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    wow, I love that guy! We need more like him in politics!

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Wow, if things will continue this way we won't be able to keep up with the shitstorm in this thread:

Anybody who questions the Yemen raid owes an apology. Also, it's an actual quote: it was a "huge success".
    “I think anybody who undermines the success of that raid owes an apology and [does a] disservice to the life of Chief Owens.”
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/02/08/sean-spicer-just-set-an-extraordinary-standard-for-criticizing-military-operations-under-trump/?utm_term=.1d3c776e237d

Anybody who fires one of Donald Trump's children is attacking the presidency itself. So much for that separation of businesses...
    "There's a targeting of her brand and it's her name," Spicer said. "She's not directly running the company. It's still her name on it. There are clearly efforts to undermine that name based on her father's positions on particular policies that he's taken. This is a direct attack on his policies and her name. Her because she is being maligned because they have a problem with his policies."
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...nordstrom-line

And Trump's reaction to the precieved weakness of Spicer is very predictable:

https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...tary/21709857/

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Sessions confirmed...

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I actually thought he got confirmed last week somehow, so I'm living this nightmare for the second time.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Sorry if this has been posted. Jon Stewart on Colbert. Great stuff:

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    What the hell is this fresh fuckery.

And what about DeVos? What was the point of that parade/charade if they're getting rid of the shitting thing?
    Last edited by allegate; 02-08-2017 at 07:10 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)

And what about DeVos? What was the point of that parade/charade if they're getting rid of the shitting thing?
    Well, they couldn't have someone competent running it in the meantime, could they?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    @Jinsai For fuck's sake. Really?

Maybe because the GOP know the younger generations don't favor them so dumb down a new one? Can't wait for my nephew to learn about evil brown people on the 6000 year old flat Earth where the arts don't matter.
    Last edited by Swykk; 02-08-2017 at 07:53 PM.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Why isn't the weakness just fake news? Why is this bit of public opinion something worthy of action?
    You are right, of course... but he was played by a woman on SNL so he has to go! SAD!

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    @Jinsai For fuck's sake. Really?

Maybe because the GOP know the younger generations don't favor them so dumb down a new one? Can't wait for my nephew to learn about evil brown people on the 6000 year old Earth where the arts don't matter.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    since alex jones was posted meme magic the cult of kek and pepe the frog https://pepethefrogfaith.wordpress.com/
    -louie

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

That is a House Bill introduced by ONE person; it may not survive one day. Any Congressperson can introduce a Bill.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sallos View Post
    Oh, hey look, it's the guy who claims to be "classical liberal" whilst using the Quebec shooting to justify Trump's Muslim ban when him and the Breitbart base he panders to for subscribers initially thought said shooting was carried out by a Muslim.