Page 111 of 147 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 109 110 111 112 113 121 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,330 of 4404

Thread: Trump 2017: Year Zero

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    The owner of Main St. Tattoo in Indianapolis is apparently a neo-Nazi sympathizer. Fuck this dude and this shop forever.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I've been watching videos from Charlottesville on Youtube... I know the comments section isn't considered to be an intellectual high-point of the internet, but oh my god... I honestly had no idea that there were this many flagrant, unabashed racists in this country. I really thought the Klan was, at this point, a fringe nothing-group. I know a lot of these people are just 4chan trolls doing this for the lolz, but it's the majority on a lot of these videos... people throwing out racist insults that float around words I've never even heard. Someone responding to a black woman as a "shit-skinned bitch."

What is happening to this country... how is this possible?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Nazi rally happens in America.
    President takes two days to "get the facts" before vaguely condemning it (and then un-condemning it the next day).

Van hits people in Barcelona.
    President is condemning Islamic terrorism within hours.
    also spouting a debunked myth again I thought he needed to get the facts so we can now add racist to you list of presidential accomplishments l list see what we got so far treasonous ,laying,racist idiot, i guess the whole making America great again comes later
    -Louie
    Last edited by Louie_Cypher; 08-17-2017 at 09:37 PM. Reason: conjuntion juction what's your function

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I've been watching videos from Charlottesville on Youtube... I know the comments section isn't considered to be an intellectual high-point of the internet, but oh my god... I honestly had no idea that there were this many flagrant, unabashed racists in this country. I really thought the Klan was, at this point, a fringe nothing-group. I know a lot of these people are just 4chan trolls doing this for the lolz, but it's the majority on a lot of these videos... people throwing out racist insults that float around words I've never even heard. Someone responding to a black woman as a "shit-skinned bitch."

What is happening to this country... how is this possible?
    they think the Potus has given them a pass which he has when David duke praises you and you do nothing, that's a pass I think the mother of the poor girl who died should sue the US gov and Trump, let see you have protesters defending land that they own who don't want a pipeline built on it are met with tear gas military water cannon's dogs, people wearing swaztica's, torches, shields pepper spray and guns defending a statue of a man who went to war with his own country to defend a barbaric antiquated practice, yep both sides have equal blame
    -Louie

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    https://twitter.com/slpng_giants

https://www.facebook.com/slpnggiants

This organization is doing making a lot of noise about Google and Disqus allowing racist commenters to run rampant on YouTube and other places.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    About Trump wanting to protect statues:

https://news.vice.com/story/trump-us...utiful-statues

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Have I missed this article somewhere in the major outlets, or has no one posited this idea?

The "reasonable" complaint that southerners are clinging onto is the "we're celebrating southern history - by removing these statues you're erasing history and those who forget are doomed to repeat" blah blah blah.

Doesn't matter if you remind them that kids are still taught the Civil War in school. Doesn't matter if you remind them that the monuments could be put in museums for anyone who wants to see.

So here's my solution: replace the statues. Want to remember the history of your region? Want to memorialize those who were brave? Replace confederate statues with monuments to slaves. They're the ones who fought every damn day just for their right to be alive. They're the ones who were downtrodden. They're the ones who deserve commemoration and remembrance. Not the assholes who literally went to war to defend their desire to own human beings.

You're still honoring the south. You're still keeping your heritage and history in the public spotlight. Why wouldn't you jump at the chance to honor the slaves instead of the slavers?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Regarding those Conferderate monuments:

From the History Channel

While every statue in every town has a different origin, taken together, the roughly 700 Confederate monuments in the United States tell a national story. Many of these commemorations of those on the losing side of the Civil War are a lot newer than one might think.

According to the Southern Poverty Law Center, which compiled a list of these monuments last year, these monuments are spread over 31 states plus the District of Columbia—far exceeding the 11 Confederate states that seceded at the outset of the Civil War.

Most of these monuments did not go up immediately after the war’s end in 1865. During that time, commemorative markers of the Civil War tended to be memorials that mourned soldiers who had died, says Mark Elliott, a history professor at University of North Carolina, Greensboro.

“Eventually they started to build [Confederate] monuments,” he says. “The vast majority of them were built between the 1890s and 1950s, which matches up exactly with the era of Jim Crow segregation.” According to the Southern Poverty Law Center’s research, the biggest spike was between 1900 and the 1920s.
    Protesters and city officials have taken down statues in Baltimore and Durham, North Carolina. And many cities—including Washington, D.C.—are calling on their elected officials to do the same. Two of Stonewall Jackson’s great-great-grandsons have written an open letter to the mayor of Richmond, the former capital of the Confederacy as well as the grandsons’ hometown, regarding Jackson’s statue there.

“[W]e are writing today to ask for the removal of his statue, as well as the removal of all Confederate statues from Monument Avenue,” they wrote in their letter published on Slate. “They are overt symbols of racism and white supremacy, and the time is long overdue for them to depart from public display.”

Even Robert E. Lee V, whose understanding of his great-great-grandfather’s legacy is steeped in Lost Cause-ism, made a similar recommendation about statues of him. Speaking to The Washington Post, he said: “if it can avoid any days like this past Saturday in Charlottesville, then take them down today.”
    Last edited by allegro; 08-18-2017 at 09:07 AM.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Just to step away from the news for a second:
    Here's a kickstarter for a short story collection of supernatural Trump horror stories called The King in Orange: Shadow over the White House.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ampaign=buffer

I wrote one of the stories in it!!!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Drudge reporting that Bannon is out.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Down goes Bannon! Down goes Bannon!

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Interesting note: NYT reporting that his resignation letter (whether a real resignation or a requested one) was dated 8/7, but the scheduled announcement was delayed because of VA.

What I don't get is that people were screaming for Bannon to get booted at that point, so wouldn't that have been the perfect time to make the announcement if the decision had already been made?

Seems like a really odd detail to make up, so I'm not sure why their sources would be lying about that. But I can't imagine the White House being handed a freaking golden ticket and going "nah, we're gonna wait a while and let people get even more angry at us first".

From https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/18/u...ite-house.html

a person close to Mr. Bannon insisted that the parting of ways was his idea, and that he had submitted his resignation to the president on Aug. 7, to be announced at the start of this week. But the move was delayed after the racial unrest in Charlottesville, Va.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I am so hard right now

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    This!

Michael Moore

1 hr ·

BANNON GONE! When Steve Bannon saw Trump able to defend White power all on his own, he took the training wheels off his man-boy president who was now pushing the alt.right agenda without his help. "Look, Steve -- no hands!" When the public poll came out yesterday that nearly 70% of Republicans "supported Trump's comments at his Tuesday press conference," Bannon said to himself, "My job here is done. Mission accomplished."

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    i think Steve will try and cut a deal with mueller over Russia things will began to move now, Trump is toxic now,hopefully we're seeing the beginning of the end
    -Louie

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by baudolino View Post
    This!

Michael Moore

1 hr ·

BANNON GONE! When Steve Bannon saw Trump able to defend White power all on his own, he took the training wheels off his man-boy president who was now pushing the alt.right agenda without his help. "Look, Steve -- no hands!" When the public poll came out yesterday that nearly 70% of Republicans "supported Trump's comments at his Tuesday press conference," Bannon said to himself, "My job here is done. Mission accomplished."
    Except if the narrative is to be believed, Bannon turned in his resignation 11 days ago. Michael Moore, everybody.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post

What I don't get is that people were screaming for Bannon to get booted at that point, so wouldn't that have been the perfect time to make the announcement if the decision had already been made?

Seems like a really odd detail to make up, so I'm not sure why their sources would be lying about that. But I can't imagine the White House being handed a freaking golden ticket and going "nah, we're gonna wait a while and let people get even more angry at us first".

From https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/18/u...ite-house.html
    Trump does not CARE about people screaming for Bannon's head. He does not CARE about those opposed to their horrible agenda. He does not CARE about the approval of those he can never win over. He does not CARE about a strategic win. He cares about staying in power, and Bannon didn't further that aim anymore. That is ALL he cares about.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Trump does not CARE about people screaming for Bannon's head. He does not CARE about those opposed to their horrible agenda. He does not CARE about the approval of those he can never win over. He does not CARE about a strategic win. He cares about staying in power, and Bannon didn't further that aim anymore. That is ALL he cares about.
    Yes, but the more people are hounding him and the more alienates them, the less power he has. The sooner her fires Bannon, the sooner people stop yelling about it, and the sooner he's able to get his own party back on his side. The sooner he gets back some semblance of power.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    this song goes out to steve:
    Last edited by Louie_Cypher; 08-18-2017 at 03:28 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Literally my reaction to the news

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I'm hopeful that his departure may have been not mutual so that the two can start fighting, and that brietbart will turn against him. That might be funny to watch, if he started calling brietbart fake news, he'd actually be right for once.

Sadly, it does not seem to be the case if he really resigned so long ago.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I also read Kal "Kumar" Penn and the rest of Il Duce's arts committee have fled the administration. http://www.avclub.com/article/member...over-tr-259625

So who has fled and who is still here? I know Meekmahan's wife Linda is still there. So is Ben Carson whose house had been vandalized.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    I'm hopeful that his departure may have been not mutual so that the two can start fighting, and that brietbart will turn against him. That might be funny to watch, if he started calling brietbart fake news, he'd actually be right for once.

Sadly, it does not seem to be the case if he really resigned so long ago.
    Seeing as the headline "Bannon will 'go to war' for Trump" exists, I wouldn't hold your breath. Sounds like he's just going to use this as an opportunity to go full-throttle at Breitbart and continue the attack on "fake news" without worry of the legal implications of doing so as a West Wing staffer. Sadly, his departure from the White House is far from meaning he's gone.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Now Bannon is saying Trump's presidency is "over."
    I am so tired of these assholes acting weird to confound us and win.
    It's like your opponent instead of fighting normally is juggling and making weird faces and taking his clothes off and shitting his pants and flinging it at you and then slugging you while you're all "what the fuck."

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    Now Bannon is saying Trump's presidency is "over."
    I am so tired of these assholes acting weird to confound us and win.
    It's like your opponent instead of fighting normally is juggling and making weird faces and taking his clothes off and shitting his pants and flinging it at you and then slugging you while you're all "what the fuck."
    I interpreted that equally as an admission that Trump's campaign was fraudulent.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    His departure is still a good thing. It's not like breitbart needs him to complete the ultra zord or something. Bannon in the White house was Breitbart in the White house. Now Breitbart is back to breitbart

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    it's like Trump's admitting that this is is the new powerful position Bannon will be helming... "Steve Bannon will be a tough and smart new voice at Breitbart News, maybe even better than before! Fake News needs the competition!"