Page 65 of 77 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,950 of 2288

Thread: Marilyn Manson - Born Villain

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Did MM and Kerry have a feud? I thought they were good mates, I remember KK getting an ACSS themed tattoo

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by antiskum View Post
    not gonna lie, this whole "feud" reeks of a publicity stunt

creating some drama and tension so that people actually bother to TALK about the shows so they sell more tickets. remember when it was kerry king vs manson last tour? media loves this shit. mark my words this is all bs.
    Makes sense, the tour still going and there hasn't been any more "situations" between them, what's true it's that Manson is so bad live right now, he's making Rob Zombie look even better than he's already is...

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Well the tour seems to be going fine and running still so maybe it was just one night of stupidity between the two, who knows..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Zombie, at least, is enough of a professional to still put on a good show. Manson's will probably be hit or miss, depending on his sobriety.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    The tour's been great and the feud between Manson & Zombie was just a roadbump early on that started in Chicago when Manson didn't have the time to play "The Beautiful People" at the end of his set and blamed Zombie for it, which triggered some additional onstage barbs back & forth over the course of the Detroit & Bloomington shows the next two nights and reportedly some serious backstage tension & possibly even fisticuffs. But Golden Ticket holders at the afterparty in Chicago were treated to an acoustic performance of "The Beautiful People" (a portion of which was later tweeted by the band) and the shared management of both bands was personally on the road with them at the time so things were ironed out and everything's been fine since those three shows. Likewise, so far as I'm aware, there's never been any feud between Manson & Kerry King and they remain as friendly as ever. Certainly as recently as 2009 at least, when "Kerry motherfuckin' King of the castle" joined Manson onstage yet again to shred through "Irresponsible Hate Anthem" & "Little Horn" and hung out for hours afterward.I'd love to know more about Kerry King'alleged Antichrist Superstar themed tattoo, though! I've had the pleasure of partying with him (and his awesome wife) several times and saw Slayer with Manson something like 30 times between two tours together and never noticed a Manson tattoo on him anywhere. Anyone know what or where it is? Pix maybe? He's a cool guy and definitely a fan so it would make perfect sense but he has so many other tattoos and always has me so blitzed on tequila that I probably just didn't even notice it, lol. He also shares Manson's appreciation of fascistic imagery however so I'm wondering if it wasn't just a case of coincidence or mistaken identity with the aforementioned tattoo. Any further information on the subject would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
    Last edited by Hazekiah; 11-02-2012 at 07:41 AM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I may (well) be wrong, but I seem to remember around 2007-09 he got a tattoo saying "no salvation"

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Interesting, thanks! That would make a LOT of sense and be an unmistakable Manson reference. Not only were '07 & '09 the two years during which Slayer co-headlined with Manson, but he's also on the record as stating that "The Reflecting God" is his favorite Manson song, which is of course the source of the "no salvation" lyric. In their big interview together before their first co-headlining show in '07, Kerry even asked Marilyn to perform the song and Manson obliged him by making it the second song of his set at their first show together, weeks before it was added to the setlist for good & made a staple of his sets' grand finale on that same tour. I didn't have my good camcorder with me yet but I had a disposable CVS camcorder in the pit with me at that show and if anyone's curious to see the footage of that performance of the song for Kerry King, just do a YouTube search for "Hazekiah Manson West Palm Beach" and it should come right up. Or just go to the Hazekiah YT page and scroll back and it'll be one of the first few videos I ever uploaded. Also, if you want to see pretty good footage of Kerry King playing onstage with Manson in '09, just do a YT search for "ChartreusianInfusion Manson Pamona" and there you go. Sorry, I can't link 'em myself from my phone but thought some Slayer fans here might be interested since it came up anyway. So enjoy! Now I've gotta go scour a buncha KK pix for that tattoo, lol.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    This thread is full of LOLz.....

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    This thread is full of LOLz.....
    Oh this is the best thread on this forum, no doubt about it!

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    If you're going to Guadalajara make it worthwhile try the tortas ahogadas it will be the best part of your trip...
    Thanks for the recommendation, but it looks like Guadalajara's not gonna happen for me on this trip after all so I'll have to wait to try that dish some other place or time, sadly. Although the rest of their routes in the U.S. & Canada are still honoring the now-cancelled Greyhound Discovery Passes until they expire, it turns out that Greyhound Mexico's already stopped honoring them altogether. Bah! So as a consolation prize I'm having a quick bite at Restaurant Guadalajara in El Paso right now instead, lol. No tortas ahogadas here, though...I checked. :'(

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    so, interestingly, the new Mechanical Animals vinyl reissue on Back to Black (Universal) includes a download code for the album in MP3... in the vinyl running order. some of the songs seem to have new transitions, while others are straight from the normal CD tracklist — really hoping the actual vinyl master had a lot more care taken with this...

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    so, interestingly, the new Mechanical Animals vinyl reissue on Back to Black (Universal) includes a download code for the album in MP3... in the vinyl running order. some of the songs seem to have new transitions, while others are straight from the normal CD tracklist — really hoping the actual vinyl master had a lot more care taken with this...
    I still need to pick this up....thanks for reminding me

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I cant figure out why Brian Warner hasn't killed himself.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Semi-random access to a real computer while still on the road FTW!!!

Not exactly my best stuff and kind of a random assortment, plus it's all from the first week of the tour, but still...

THE LOVE SONG
    live in Salt Lake City, UT

TOURNIQUET
    live in Salt Lake City, UT

MURDERERS ARE GETTING PRETTIER EVERY DAY
    live in St. Louis, MO

THE BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE
    live in St. Louis, MO

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    A man in his 40's crawling around with pantyhose on his head.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    ^ Armchair critic in his 30s bitching on the internet.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Aww don't get so defensive about Big Brian. If you can't deal with the fact that 99% of the world sees how much of a joke old avalanche has become, it's fine. Don't take it so personal. We're all appreciative of the live videos!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    It's really good of you to use this window in the 24/7 time onslaught that is living in the same house as another adult & paying your own bills as an opportunity to take the piss out of someone who indulges an interest in a marginally different brand of dated 90s teenager music to yourself

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    We're all appreciative of the live videos!
    Glad to hear it!

PLENTY more to come as soon as I get home, I assure you! These were just the few I happened to upload when I stopped home for one day in the middle of the trip since I live a couple hours away from St. Louis and it was on the way to the next show anyway.

All in good time!

And personally, I'm a BIG fan of his one-night-only pantyhose-headpiece and really glad I captured it on film.

Right away of course it gives the impression of person with the general appearance of a long-eared rabbit. Or "the rabbit's just a monkey in disguise," if you will. Countless other rabbit-references in his body of work to pick from, naturally...that just seems to be the most directly appropriate here.

I mean, if you consider that "Dope Hat" could easily be interpreted as Brian Warner essentially conjuring Marilyn Manson into being just as "Tourniquet" is pretty much about almost exactly the same thing (Brian Warner conjuring Marilyn Manson into being as an artificial companion in the Anton LaVey tradition, as a tourniquet to assist in his survival after having been "cut off" from society) then I think you'll see it's wholly appropriate here.

ESPECIALLY considering it's an older man donning the pantyhose!

Unless you've already forgotten the central motif and structure of Manson's autobiography, The Long, Hard Road Out of Hell, being that he became what he feared most, that is...namely the devil/his grandfather. First sentence of the book: "Hell to me was my grandfather's basement," for instance. And the whole breakdown/epiphany of going back down there after his grandfather's funeral only to realize how closely he'd come to identify with him after all those years, painting tracheotomy incisions on his own throat and indulging in bizarre sex acts and WEARING LADIES HOSIERY and all that.

Which, again, is very similar to the overall themes of conjured-personae explored in the aforementioned tracks...not to mention numerous others, obviously.

So as much as I'd have LOVED to have seen the elaborate staging they'd planned for "Tourniquet" on this tour (it seems like it was plagued with problems and just dropped for "Coma White" and the snow-bubbles instead), I think giving up on that and doing the song with his simpler "Grandpa Jackrabbit" look, as I like to call it, was actually pretty goddamned awesome and made COMPLETE sense thematically.

And, frankly, I just thought it looked kinda cool, too.

:P
    Last edited by Hazekiah; 11-03-2012 at 11:55 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    No I hadn't forgotten about that story. I read his book back when it came out. I just can't wrap my head around why anyone would really care at this point. Some washed up rocker was scared of his grandpa's basement and now wears pantyhose on his head. Pretty cutting edge stuff. And I thought he just painted his neck now to mask all the chins?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    Glad to hear it!

PLENTY more to come as soon as I get home, I assure you! These were just the few I happened to upload when I stopped home for one day in the middle of the trip since I live a couple hours away from St. Louis and it was on the way to the next show anyway.

All in good time!

And personally, I'm a BIG fan of his one-night-only pantyhose-headpiece and really glad I captured it on film.

Right away of course it gives the impression of person with the general appearance of a long-eared rabbit. Or "the rabbit's just a monkey in disguise," if you will. Countless other rabbit-references in his body of work to pick from, naturally...that just seems to be the most directly appropriate here.

I mean, if you consider that "Dope Hat" could easily be interpreted as Brian Warner essentially conjuring Marilyn Manson into being just as "Tourniquet" is pretty much about almost exactly the same thing (Brian Warner conjuring Marilyn Manson into being as an artificial companion in the Anton LaVey tradition, as a tourniquet to assist in his survival after having been "cut off" from society) then I think you'll see it's wholly appropriate here.

ESPECIALLY considering it's an older man donning the pantyhose!

Unless you've already forgotten the central motif and structure of Manson's autobiography, The Long, Hard Road Out of Hell, being that he became what he feared most, that is...namely the devil/his grandfather. First sentence of the book: "Hell to me was my grandfather's basement," for instance. And the whole breakdown/epiphany of going back down there after his grandfather's funeral only to realize how closely he'd come to identify with him after all those years, painting tracheotomy incisions on his own throat and indulging in bizarre sex acts and WEARING LADIES HOSIERY and all that.

Which, again, is very similar to the overall themes of conjured-personae explored in the aforementioned tracks...not to mention numerous others, obviously.

So as much as I'd have LOVED to have seen the elaborate staging they'd planned for "Tourniquet" on this tour (it seems like it was plagued with problems and just dropped for "Coma White" and the snow-bubbles instead), I think giving up on that and doing the song with his simpler "Grandpa Jackrabbit" look, as I like to call it, was actually pretty goddamned awesome and made COMPLETE sense thematically.

And, frankly, I just thought it looked kinda cool, too.

:P
    Seriously, do you actually believe that Manson puts any meaning in the things he is doing nowadays? I bet he had the panties on his had because somebody gave them to him and he thought it would be "funny". Do you even think that in the state he is the last couple of years he remembers what he wrote in his book? Probably it`s good for you to find interpretations in every stupid thing he does, but don`t try to sell it to us, I mean come on, the guy can`t even remember his fucking lyrics.

And don`t think I`m a hater - i love everything he did until Eat me... and even after that there are some great songs, but he just became the clichee he was always against. And the sad thing is that his concerts are a joke to his fans, it`s more than clear that for him this is just a way to get some absinth-money.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    The Gardener has a sorta Only (NIN) vibe to it.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    The Gardener has a sorta Only (NIN) vibe to it.
    That song sucks horribly. Went for something different was just a boring, slow song.

As for pantyhose, he did it just because he felt like it. No deep rooted meaning behind and none entirely tangible either.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 11-04-2012 at 09:27 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I'm with you decadent...it's not trolling in my opinion. Old school MM (back when he actually seemingly had something to say) was fantastic. At a certain point though you HAVE to know that MM puts pantyhose on his head, or does something else ridiculous, and will have 249,345 fans automatically think there's some deep, philosophical point he's making, or that there's some backstory, or substance to it.

You're also right about him becoming everything he used to be against. I'd imagine that 1997 Marilyn Manson would see 2012 Marilyn Manson and facepalm for two weeks straight.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    It is weird how he seems to be a totally different guy. These things happen though

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Yeah, 1997 Manson and 2012 Manson are 2 totally opposite guys. 1997 Manson would kick the shit out of this baffoon anyday. He'd also be able to outsmart him in any interview. At one point when this guy spoke, we all listened, because the words that came out of his mouth were actually really genius and inspiring. The way he handled every interview and question was great. You would forgive him for his ridiculious actions back then because he could redeem him self offstage as very smart.

Now, look at the guy! He draws on his chin, writes "FUCK" on his face while he walks through an airport, forgets half his lyrics, stumbles and loses his train of thought in interviews. I haven't heard a intellectual word of of this guys mouth in years.

But, what can we all expect... Years of Drinking, Drugs and Terribly failed relationships have gotten him to this point. He's literally taken his brain out of his skull, placed it in a blender, mushed it up and poured it back in. This is what we have now.

And to people that say Trent has lost his edge, or is a terrible muscian now, would you rather have him like this? Because if Trent never kicked his habit, he would be like this guy now! A walking bag of mushed bananas. Least Trent can hold an intellectual conversation still and when he speaks, he sounds smarter than ever!
    Last edited by ManBurning; 11-04-2012 at 02:52 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I've stated that numerously everywhere. If he could see himself today in 1994-1998 he would have laughed this version of himself today out of the building.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I highly doubt that to be the case. Trent isn't kidding himself into believing he's the same in the same world 15 years later. There is a Rolling Stone article from 99/00 when he is asked what he wants in his future. He responded that he wanted a wife, kids and to start a new band with a female lead singer. He has achieved all of those goals while constantly refining his musical output. I'm sure if past Reznor saw himself now, accomplished and free from hardcore drug addiction, he would sigh with relief and pat himself on the back.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    lol @ "A walking bag of mushed bananas."

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    For the record, Manson's taken breathers in the middle of songs, written on his body, and used make-up to outline and define the contours of his body and particularly his chin since the dawn of his musical career. Similarly, he always gave PLENTY of goofy-ass interviews back in the day and STILL continues to give serious interviews regularly.

But back the pantyhose during "Tourniquet" in Salt Lake City for a moment, I was simply pointing out several reasons I found it so interesting and relevant to the rest of his body of work. Frankly, I hope he did have fun with it. Whether or not he had any of that "Grandpa Jackrabbit" stuff in mind or if he just picked up the pantyhose and stretched 'em over his head on a lark is immaterial in terms of the end result. Personally, I think that's actually one of the more fascinating aspects of his creative output...it's all coming from the same artist expressing himself and expanding upon his pet topics and symbolism over decades, all of which stems from the same mind and its own unique patterns of thought, so he can't HELP but express himself in an intricately interwoven fashion such as the manner which I outlined in my post above.

It undeniably works and fits consistently within the context of his personal mythology and history of self-expression, and if that's happening so smoothly and effortlessly on a subconscious level at certain times then honestly I think that's even MORE to his credit as the artistic genius he still clearly is.

But what do I know, I've only been closely studying his artistry on a daily basis for almost twenty years.