Page 55 of 77 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,650 of 2288

Thread: Marilyn Manson - Born Villain

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    14 songs? Ouch. Ive seen the video of "murderers" being played live and it sounds great. Shame they seemed to have dropped it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    giving 100%? sounding better?

just sounds to me like he's had better stage hands to help mask his godawful vocals :s

he still seems massively out of breath, and is spending more than 50% of each song just kneeling at the front of the stage :s

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloris View Post
    giving 100%? sounding better?

just sounds to me like he's had better stage hands to help mask his godawful vocals :s

he still seems massively out of breath, and is spending more than 50% of each song just kneeling at the front of the stage :s
    Just can't please some people.

If you don't notice a massive objective difference in his live shows between the earlier 2012 dates and the American 2012 dates, you're just not looking.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    To be honest, we can't be pleased because we've been given no solid reason to be. We'd be the first ones to scream 'fuck yeah!' if he blew us away, believe me. I'd say the more delusional people are the ones on the opposite side that refuse to see what 99% of the rest of the musical world sees.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I think Manson has never been a great singer but he compensated with showmanship, if he's just "kneeling" then he's not trying, i saw him a few year ago (Eat Me, Drink Me Tour) and he was just lying onstage while singing, it made me sad to watch him do that half assed show, i was hoping for a more active Manson for the BV tour

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Obviously biased, but decent show review from Oklahoma City.

As I've said before, it's things like this that I can get behind. Of course it didn't mention anything flawed about the performance (which we all know probably was in a few ways) but it's promising to see. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I just don't think he can come back, but part of me wants him to lose the weight (not for image, I couldn't care less...to give him more energy onstage and deliver to ppl who pay to see him), stop with all the drunken nonsense, and just get back to destroying. Couldn't care less about what the article says of no props and all that...don't need it. I just wanna be proven wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "For some reason, Manson didn’t play the title track as he has on the other dates of the tour, but by the time the show ended with a phenomenally raw version of The Beautiful People, no one really seemed to mind."

bullshit, i was pissed. he probably didn't play it because most of the people there only knew his bigger hits? i dunno. and yeah, the opening act was pretty pointless and lasted WAY too long.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    To be honest, we can't be pleased because we've been given no solid reason to be. We'd be the first ones to scream 'fuck yeah!' if he blew us away, believe me. I'd say the more delusional people are the ones on the opposite side that refuse to see what 99% of the rest of the musical world sees.

Did you watch that video I linked to of "Irresponsible Hate Anthem?" His performance on that (and, yes, I am including vocals in that) sounds WAY better than any other time he has performed it on his last few tours. I'm on the side of the musical world and definitely noticed a difference. Yes, I'll acknowledge he still needs work, but he definitely seems to be showing improvement.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yeah like I said, he's on a positive swing, but even that video just doesn't compare to old school videos. Not even just vocal strength, but overall energy. At least he wasn't crouching for 2/3 of the song, though I understand why he has to.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Yeah like I said, he's on a positive swing, but even that video just doesn't compare to old school videos. Not even just vocal strength, but overall energy. At least he wasn't crouching for 2/3 of the song, though I understand why he has to.
    No argument there. He's definitely nowhere near this:

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    And he never will be. I think the person who said he is giving his 100% again is right, his 100% may just not be the same as what it was 15 years ago.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I love that blu ray but it is pretty sus... I would love to compare a fan bootleg

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Did anyone post this?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    And he never will be. I think the person who said he is giving his 100% again is right, his 100% may just not be the same as what it was 15 years ago.
    Very true. When you get right down to it, moving around like that, headbanging like a madman, etc. does wreak havoc on one's spine and neck...after 15 years of doing it added to just plain old being in your 40's isn't very feasible. You're definitely spot on here, and as long as he stays on the path it appears he's on these past few weeks, as long as he can keep his sound up and at least gives it his all I say all the power to him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wrongcops looks pretty funny.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Eh, I'm not so sure anymore. I loved the 90s stuff as a teenager. (Who wouldn't?)

I still like a lot of it today, mainly because of Trent's production work and nostalgia. Holy Wood was good, but was rehash. I did rather enjoy Eat Me, Drink Me, but the rest of the material seems half-assed. I also think a part of me has grown out of it too. I bought Born Villain, and did enjoy some of the album. I came to the realization that I wouldn't have bought it if I didn't own the entire back catalog. I might be looking on his career and talent with rose tinted glasses, but I think Mechanical Animals was his last really good album.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Senateguard33 View Post
    Eh, I'm not so sure anymore. I loved the 90s stuff as a teenager. (Who wouldn't?)

I still like a lot of it today, mainly because of Trent's production work and nostalgia. Holy Wood was good, but was rehash. I did rather enjoy Eat Me, Drink Me, but the rest of the material seems half-assed. I also think a part of me has grown out of it too. I bought Born Villain, and did enjoy some of the album. I came to the realization that I wouldn't have bought it if I didn't own the entire back catalog. I might be looking on his career and talent with rose tinted glasses, but I think Mechanical Animals was his last really good album.

Maybe I'm in love with the newness... But I agree, Mechanical Animals was his last really good album. Born Villain is his next one . I love it. I feel like were got a nice mesh of some of the refinement of Mechanical Animals and alot of the ferocity of Superstar.

I think Hey Cruel World would have fit right in on Superstar..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Apparently, Manson really burned Trent in the most recent interview. That seems kind of immature at this point, but whatever.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krogan Warlord View Post
    Apparently, Manson really burned Trent in the most recent interview. That seems kind of immature at this point, but whatever.
    As immature as covering "You're so vain", Manson: get over it!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Manson insulting anyone is just laughable.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krogan Warlord View Post
    Uh, source?

Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    As immature as covering "You're so vain", Manson: get over it!
    I think this is funny, because the fans who think "You're So Vain" has anything to do with Trent are the ones who can't get over it. It was a few lines in a random song 13 years ago. If Manson wanted to 'stick it to Trent', he wouldn't have done it in such a boring and meaningless way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Uh, source?
    Yeah, it's in the current issue of Bizarre magazine. There was a Q&A where he answered fan questions.

Bright side is he said the Holy Wood novel will be out soon.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    I think this is funny, because the fans who think "You're So Vain" has anything to do with Trent are the ones who can't get over it. It was a few lines in a random song 13 years ago. If Manson wanted to 'stick it to Trent', he wouldn't have done it in such a boring and meaningless way.
    Uh, i don't know... i think it was kind of a "Shittake" from Manson, he has done cover songs before, but this one seems pretty forced, like Manson trying to remind us the 90's existed and he used to have a "bad teacher, but now he's over him", maybe that wasn't his intention but just sounds corny and immature...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    manson is quoted as saying that the song is about his relationship with johnny depp, not trent. not everyone is as obsessed with trent reznor as you are.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vitriol View Post
    manson is quoted as saying that the song is about his relationship with johnny depp, not trent. not everyone is as obsessed with trent reznor as you are.
    i belive i just said: "Maybe that wasn't his intention..."
    'course im obsessed with Reznor, im on a NIN Message Board, duh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i believe you also contradicted someone who affirmed that the song has nothing to do with trent

Uh, i don't know... ... i think it was kind of ...like Manson trying to remind us the 90's existed and he used to have a "bad teacher, but now he's over him", maybe that wasn't his intention but just sounds corny and immature...
    obsessed is when you try to link a song to manson's relationship with trent on the basis that they share one or two lines from the same song, despite manson having been quoted as giving a completely different reason. suuuuure, maybe he lied about it...

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vitriol View Post
    obsessed is when you try to link a song to manson's relationship with trent on the basis that they share one or two lines from the same song, despite manson having been quoted as giving a completely different reason. suuuuure, maybe he lied about it...
    I agree and i didn't said im not "obsessed", after all this is a NIN Forum, everything links to Trent one way or another (specially if the main topic is Marilyn Manson)
    I don't know if he lied or told the truth, just sounds suspicious that he wants to cover "You're So Vain", maybe he told the truth, maybe this song means a lot to Manson and Deep and Reznor is not on the picture (still he's linked to that song as much as Deep).
    Who knows?, could go either way in my opinion, i don't claim to have "the truth" i could be wrong, it's just an opinion and in my opinion: Manson is childish and immature, i could be right i could me wrong, i just want to share it, if you agree that's cool, if you don't i'll would like to hear why, no big deal or obsession attached.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Well, if it means anything, the first thing that jumped in my mind when I found out he was covering you're so vain was a stab at Trent as well.
    I at least found it a rather odd coincidence if anything, and I wouldn't put it past Manson for actually doing it. He does seem rather childish and really holding onto the fact he doesn't like Trent anymore, I mean if Manson is still slamming Trent in interview responses, one has to really question the validity of the reason for really choosing to cover you're so vain.

Whatever, my 2 cents, but what do I know I'm just another Trent Reznor obsessed follower =P

'course im obsessed with Reznor, im on a NIN Message Board, duh
    Sometimes I think it's easy to forget this is a NIN message board through, especially when there is signifigant downtime between albums/releases.
    I find I spend most of my time in either the musical revolution or cinema sections of this forum, I sometimes forget the main bulk of this forum is technically supposed to be a NIN board, haha. Of course that usually changes when a signifigant Reznor release usually comes out.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 05-22-2012 at 02:48 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I just wasted 10 minutes of my life looking up scans of the interview since people said he really 'burned' Trent, but he didn't at all. Someone just asked how was their relationship now and he said there is no relationship, and no desire for one. It wasn't really that bad.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I just wasted 10 minutes of my life looking up scans of the interview since people said he really 'burned' Trent, but he didn't at all. Someone just asked how was their relationship now and he said there is no relationship, and no desire for one. It wasn't really that bad.
    I saw them yesterday, it's true, he doesn't burn Trent at all...

Actually Trent was more offensive towards Manson, last time he talked about him:
    http://www.spinner.com/2009/06/01/tr...arilyn-manson/
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 05-22-2012 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Interview link