Page 163 of 216 FirstFirst ... 63 113 153 161 162 163 164 165 173 213 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,890 of 6456

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Henrie_Schnee View Post
    Follow up question: What happens when you apply different temperatures to the "physical component"?
    Trent gets a boner

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Okay, i'm putting my component in a freezer, then

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    Okay, i'm putting my component in a freezer, then
    In that case... Daddicus is coming for ya instead

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Henrie_Schnee View Post
    Why does the Null Corps Youtube channel feature a playlist on thermographic paint?
    Follow up question: What happens when you apply different temperatures to the "physical component"?
    The Year Zero compact disc utilized heat-activated thermochromic ink/dye.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Which of these three songs do you think Trent is most likely to play live in the future:

Deep
    Happiness In Slavery
    The Perfect Drug

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    Which of these three songs do you think Trent is most likely to play live in the future:

Deep
    Happiness In Slavery
    The Perfect Drug
    Happiness In Slavery (Still version).

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post

Deep
    Happiness In Slavery
    The Perfect Drug
    Deep is easy to do, musically and vocally, compared to the other two, so I'd lean that way. Though he'd need a lot of toxic dye...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Deep is easy to do, musically and vocally, compared to the other two, so I'd lean that way. Though he'd need a lot of toxic dye...
    Also, Deep was the only one played in the last while (of course, TPD never was). http://www.nintourhistory.com/songs.php

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I listened to the Quake soundtrack for the first time and I am sure that the downward spiral (the bottom) is sampled in this track. Around 9.05 it sounds like the lyric 'problems have solutions

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Yes, I mentioned something along those lines in the Quake thread and nobody corroborated my theory. I also posited that the screams from TDS (the track) are sampled in the first Quake track.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Does anyone have a source for the reptile eye image at 1:04-1:05? looking to get a nice high res of it

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    Yes, I mentioned something along those lines in the Quake thread and nobody corroborated my theory. I also posited that the screams from TDS (the track) are sampled in the first Quake track.
    You are not alone. That scream sounds a hell of a lot the same as on the downward spiral.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribbitman View Post

Does anyone have a source for the reptile eye image at 1:04-1:05? looking to get a nice high res of it

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Does anyone here know what drum machine is being used on the 2013/2014 Sanctified? On the ACL performance I can see Ilan messing with it.

I want to start a thread about NIN live gear but I'm not sure if one already exists.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by captainbeyond View Post
    Does anyone here know what drum machine is being used on the 2013/2014 Sanctified?

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by captainbeyond View Post
    Does anyone here know what drum machine is being used on the 2013/2014 Sanctified? On the ACL performance I can see Ilan messing with it.

I want to start a thread about NIN live gear but I'm not sure if one already exists.
    Akai (Pro) Advance #??

A few of the gear sites say it's a 61, but the layout is not correct.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    You guys ever wonder why there was no remixes released for The Becoming or I Do Not Want This?

I do.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    You guys ever wonder why there was no remixes released for The Becoming or I Do Not Want This?
    We do at least have that acoustic Becoming from Still. But yeah, it's an interesting gap. I suppose I'm not too surprised in The Becoming's case, since that one's so angular and strange to begin with. Maybe remixers just didn't feel like trying to figure out a way to do something with it that wouldn't just spoil it.

Were there any good Becoming mixes on the old fan remix site?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    They only commissioned so many artists/collectives to do remixes. I assume all or most of them had the ability to choose the song they got to remix, beyond the obvious ones tailored to the MOTP and CTG singles. So in this case, it'd simply mean no one chose to remix IDNWT and TB (or AWP, which also didn't get remixed in the TDS era, or Hurt, which doesn't have any actual remixes).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    what is the "action" sampled from in the pinion woodstock intro?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Action?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by polski View Post
    Action?
    right before terrible lie, pinion plays. but it also has someone saying "Action" over the pinion intro

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribbitman View Post
    right before terrible lie, pinion plays. but it also has someone saying "Action" over the pinion intro
    It's not Action. It's a sample of David Bowie screaming 'Shut up!' from It's No Game, reversed.
    http://www.nin.wiki/Samples

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Can anyone share the links to Trent's old Spotify playlists, such as his driving music, etc? They don't appear to be showing on his profile. Thanks

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by walking_shade View Post
    Can anyone share the links to Trent's old Spotify playlists, such as his driving music, etc? They don't appear to be showing on his profile. Thanks
    My Shazam Tracks: https://open.spotify.com/user/trezno...G63aOKAnBs160s

Definitive NIN - The Singles: https://open.spotify.com/user/trezno...2SRRDCLYHKjZgs

Definitive NIN - Quiet Tracks: https://open.spotify.com/user/trezno...KFkb3X0pWiyZht

Definitive NIN - Deep Cuts: https://open.spotify.com/user/trezno...JAjdqOA6juNVNB

Definitive NIN - Heavy: https://open.spotify.com/user/trezno...MiSZUEL79wROIO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks, but I saw those. I'm almost certain he had more playlists, personal playlists of different artists. I remember one being called Real Men Wear Parachute Pants, or something like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Okay. I found one:

https://open.spotify.com/user/trezno...tNnPU1kUPuPgG0

I know there's more though

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by walking_shade View Post
    Thanks, but I saw those. I'm almost certain he had more playlists, personal playlists of different artists. I remember one being called Real Men Wear Parachute Pants, or something like that.
    Is this all of them? (11):

https://open.spotify.com/user/maximus93_nin

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I have a couple random questions for people I wanted to post and figured this was the spot...

Random question #1- Does anyone else on here get made fun of for being on an online forum for a band that started 30 years ago? Or just being an “obsessed” fan of a band for 30 years? I personally don’t give a shit what other people think, but recently had a “discussion” with someone about this. They said I'm obsessed and not many people follow the same band for 30 years?! I said, "Well, what about Metallica, Bon Jovi, Aerosmith, Rolling Stones,etc, etc."

Random question #2- Anyone read comics on here? (Another hobby I get my chops busted about...I'm 42, so apparently that's not cool anymore.)

Random question #3- Anyone from Long Island on here? Would be great to meet some fellow fans in the area. (I'm not originally from Long Island, and although I moved down here back in 2001, I haven't really made many friends thanks to my crazy work schedule.)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetvet1975 View Post

Random question #1- Does anyone else on here get made fun of for being on an online forum for a band that started 30 years ago?

God, I can't imagine even being friends with someone gave a shit (negatively) about the websites I visit. Sounds like whoever you spoke to is an ass