Page 63 of 216 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 113 163 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,890 of 6456

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    am I the only one who misses this song??
    09 Head Down - Nine Inch Nails

Good stuff in there though, especially the Set Change playlists
    Head Down was so awesome live, made it my favorite song off The Slip (with Letting You as a close second).

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Head Down was so awesome live, made it my favorite song off The Slip (with Letting You as a close second).
    Hell yes it was, especially the "screeching" synth breakdown part towards the end.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Does anyone have a good audio boot of the "Final show" at the Wiltern? 9/10/09

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Does anyone have a good audio boot of the "Final show" at the Wiltern? 9/10/09
    There are several to choose from

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Does anyone know if music videos like Eraser (from Closure) and The Day the World Went Away (from AATCHB) were actually ever played on music TV channels? Also, Came Back Haunted?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Does anyone know if music videos like Eraser (from Closure) and The Day the World Went Away (from AATCHB) were actually ever played on music TV channels? Also, Came Back Haunted?
    CBH won't've been because of the epilepsy stuffs. I know MTV2 has played Eraser before though

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Has Trent ever covered Pigface's The Bushmaster as NIN live? Obviously he's done Suck, but he's given equal writing credits on Bushmaster, and it's from the same album.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Has Trent ever covered Pigface's The Bushmaster as NIN live? Obviously he's done Suck, but he's given equal writing credits on Bushmaster, and it's from the same album.
    Not that I've ever heard of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What is shouted at the very end of Starfuckers?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Antman82 View Post
    What is shouted at the very end of Starfuckers?
    I always heard it as "Yeah, here we go!", but I could be wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I always thought it was "I hate you too" for some reason. Thanks dude.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Always heard "harder they come", personally.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    "I have become."

Motifs with The New Flesh.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i'm pretty sure that's the part that uses a sample from a live version of "shout it out loud" by kiss...

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    So I just searched the entire ninwiki archive of the Access Q&A sessions with a side order of equally unsuccessful google searches and I can't find what I'm looking for so I hoped someone might lend a hand maybe?

Anyone have a link to that EPIC tale of Reznor auditioning Freese with all the hilarious kubuki stuff and superhuman feats of drumming he pulled off effortlessly? Love to see it again, thanks!

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Interesting, never heard of that myself.
    It definitely wasn't in Access because they stopped publishing new entries even before Jerome left. Should be something else.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Well, I found it in the director's portfolio, which is why I thought it was legit.
    When you say the director's portfolio, do you mean the fan who made the edit, or Tomato?
    I've been looking for some way to get in touch with Tomato for a while, but their online presence has been lacking. I haven't looked in a few years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It sounds like, to my ears, "I hope you drown".

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jezstyle View Post
    "I have become."

Motifs with The New Flesh.
    I just took a really careful listen to it, and I think you might be right.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Especially including and considering the fans that have actually been fans long enough to have waited from 1994-2005: Which gap in between Nine Inch Nails albums was the most suspenseful to you?

The Downward Spiral to The Fragile, or The Fragile to With Teeth?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i'm pretty sure that's the part that uses a sample from a live version of "shout it out loud" by kiss...
    that's just the crowd noise and "goodnight" at the end of the Halo 13 version. if you listen to the (godawful) KISS live album, there's no "i have become!"-esque shouts to sample (i think it's the end of "Shout It Out Loud" if i remember correctly).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Especially including and considering the fans that have actually been fans long enough to have waited from 1994-2005: Which gap in between Nine Inch Nails albums was the most suspenseful to you?

Spiral to Fragile for me, definitely. And I first found Spiral in early '97, so I only had a two and a half year wait, but it seemed like forever compared to TF to WT. Probably because the access to Trent was pretty much limited to Rolling Stone, Spin, Hit Parader, etc, and the little smidgens of change that would happen on nin.com, rather than now and, to some extent, the Fragile to WT period where you at least knew progress was happening. Back in those days it was 'Trent Reznor is going to save music, but we have no details on his new album.' I remember reading an interview, maybe late '97, early '98 where the interviewer said something about seeing an envelope labeled "new songs" and that it was very thin, or something to that effect.

I'm trying to think of how I even learned the release date and official details of TF. I can't remember how I found out when TDTWWA came out either. (How the fuck did I get information before the internet was huge?) Maybe nin.com? nin.com was very basic back then compared to now. My go to site for the longest time was nineinchnails.net/news, maybe that was it. I do remember anxiously sitting at my computer on my dial up connection listening to KROQ stream the album in its entirety a week or so prior to launch. What a night that was. I vividly remember thi

I also remember Trent talking about listening to a lot of Erykah Badu and how TF might end up being a bunch of jungle pop songs. An album full of Perfect Drug style tunes? Yes, please.

I feel like I'm rambling now . . .
    Last edited by MrSlfDstruct; 03-07-2014 at 08:55 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Does anybody have a favorite performance of Deep? I haven't listened to a live version of it in a long time, and I was wondering what might be the best show to check out on RITC.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by greenbaymackey View Post
    Does anybody have a favorite performance of Deep? I haven't listened to a live version of it in a long time, and I was wondering what might be the best show to check out on RITC.
    This one's good: http://www.reflectinginthechrome.com.../20060313.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Excellent quality and a killer setlist. Looks like I'll be listening to this whole show, not just Deep.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

The Fragile to WT.

Where can I get my greedy paws on those HM demos?
    Last edited by Charmingly Miserable; 03-09-2014 at 10:32 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

The Fragile to With Teeth, definitely--and, to be honest, I was a little let down with the release of With Teeth from the start. But, with time, I've grown to appreciate and enjoy the album quite a bit.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    ^ Same here. With TDS there had been a bunch of remixes, collaborations, a soundtrack or two to keep me busy, even if the hiatus was kinda killing me by 1999, but The Fragile had what, a remix album, a live album, that's all. Oh, right, and Deep, which failed to make me as happy as The Perfect Drug did... And indeed, when I heard The Hand That Feeds I was underwhelmed to say the least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What's the real song labeled "The Life You Didn't Lead" here? (obviously a fake)

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alucard69 View Post
    What's the real song labeled "The Life You Didn't Lead" here? (obviously a fake)
    Someone made an instrumental track inspired by NIN, and then everyone decided it was real. Note that It All Fades is also fake.

I'm amazed Angel isn't on there too considering the .. odd choices.