Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: The Amazing Spider-Man (2012)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Phew, I really don't know what to say, other than... you might have to see him in motion to appreciate that character design.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    ...i guess is more "believable" than a Yellow mask with lightning bolts on it

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Anyone catch the tease of the sinister six? looks like oscorp has 6 doors all with villains special powers behind them. the vulture wings and doc oc arms being shown in the trailer. I was wondering how they were going to tell 3 villains origin stories in one movie but it looks more like it's setting up the bigger picture for the sinister six. Can't wait!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    ASM2 looks great.

Aside from Harry's horrendous emo hair, that is. Jesus, didn't they learn from Spider-Man 3?

Also, I'm kind of confused as to how much Green Goblin factors in here. Three villains is dangerous for a Spider-Man film (again, Spider-Man 3). Hopefully since Electro was pushed so hard as the "main" villain, it'll mean that the other two have a lot less screentime. Ideally, I think Rhino could bookend the film as a sort of low-level villain, while Goblin stays behind the scenes for most of the film and only shows up at the end.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Electro looks so shitty!

Jamie Foxx as well? Double fail.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    sorry, i'll pass...

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Well Rhino being robot like is weird, but it looks like something the Russians may have built instead of something that Oscorp may have manufactured so hopefully we see something in future films... who knows. If you notice when they show the sinister 6 doors opening, they show a 7th door?? Who is the man in the hat from the first film?? So many questions to be answered. To me, Electro looks pretty awesome here especially in that fight scene at the the end of the trailer.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Seeing 3 villains show up in a Spider-man film again is definitely a little worrisome, but I can't help but be excited by that trailer. Like Final Destiny said, I'm hoping/imagining that Rhino will be the low-level "intro" villain, Electro will be the main conflict, and Goblin/Harry/Oscorp will operate mostly in the background. I'm really excited for Dane DeHaan's Harry, and I hope he does a good Goblin. Curious where they're going with Norman's character... I was getting used to the idea of Chris Cooper turning up as Goblin in a movie or 2.

I guess it's easy for me to give the next installment the benefit of the doubt since 2 more guaranteed movies have already been announced, and that suggests some really cool shit in terms of the grander story and plan (see: Sinister Six, Mary Jane Watson, etc.)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Eh... sorry but I don't think this is going to be any good. I'm having bad memories of Spider-Man 3. I still want my $7 back!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Started watching the trailer, got half way in and turned it off. I told myself I wasn't gonna watch it at all, as I already know i'm gonna go see it and trailers just ruin the movie. half way in I was already saying "yep, this is ruining the movie"

I'll admit, based on what I know, i'm a little worried as well. 3 villains? I donno about that... Green Goblin again? Get a new story arc guys... Electo looks retarded!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    That's pretty sweet about the Venom movie, as long as it's approached right. The Sinister Six is a bit of an odd choice though... An all villain movie? Are they just going to be fighting each other with no spidey? Or are they going to setup Venom as a hero and have Venom and fight the sinister six? maybe spidey and venom team up to fight them?

This all seems like a lot of groundwork being laid before The Amazing Spider Man 2 even comes out.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Final trailer.

Also the daily bugle tumblr has been teasing some interesting things lately; Hobgoblin, Shocker, and even The Jackal. Possibilities are endless.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    This just feels like an even less impressive Raimi film. I'm not diggin' it really.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    IMAX screening poster for the May 1st shows from Mondo

http://www.imax.com/community/blog/c...tickets-today/

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    This movie was fucking horrible!! Probably the biggest disappointment ever for me for a superhero movie. The acting was horrendous, and if you have seen the latest trailer...... that's the movie. Fuck this shit.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    This movie was fucking horrible!! Probably the biggest disappointment ever for me for a superhero movie. The acting was horrendous, and if you have seen the latest trailer...... that's the movie. Fuck this shit.
    uh oh... not something I wanted to wake up and read... Was super stoked for the film, planning on seeing it this weekend. Hopefully since I have avoided nearly all trailers and press releases about the film, I won't have quite as an unfavorable impression of the film. But you're not the first person I have heard who has disapproved of the movie.
    Really don't have high expectations for this now...

I know better than to watch these superhero movie trailers, they ruin the movie to no end. I watched half of the very first trailer way back when, but turned it off halfway through because the whole movie was getting ruined. I can just imagine how much more footage was released with all the other trailers released since then. Hell, I haven't even been watching the trailers and I feel like I know the whole goddamn movie based on general browsing of the internet for the last few months. You just can't escape this movie wherever you go. If you're on any website or read any newspaper they have leaked spoilers thrown around left and right in photo or headline form that you just can't help but notice. Urgh...

Least I haven't watched a single trailer for Godzilla. Don't know fuck all about that film. That might be the movie that wins May for me. I'll still go see Spider-man this weekend despite the poor reception.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I was optimistic for this film but I also hear its a CGI fest. I expected as much but not to the amount people have stated. It might be all right for a watch. Couldn't be any worse than another hodge podge random superhero flick from the past 10 years.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    One of the chase scenes was filmed in my hometown. People here are going absolutely apeshit for this movie...and frankly, I couldn't care less. If it turns out the movie itself is actually interesting (for someone who has no investment in the whole Marvel world), I guess I'll catch it when it hits the dollar theater.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    uh oh... not something I wanted to wake up and read... Was super stoked for the film, planning on seeing it this weekend. Hopefully since I have avoided nearly all trailers and press releases about the film, I won't have quite as an unfavorable impression of the film. But you're not the first person I have heard who has disapproved of the movie.
    Really don't have high expectations for this now...

I know better than to watch these superhero movie trailers, they ruin the movie to no end. I watched half of the very first trailer way back when, but turned it off halfway through because the whole movie was getting ruined. I can just imagine how much more footage was released with all the other trailers released since then. Hell, I haven't even been watching the trailers and I feel like I know the whole goddamn movie based on general browsing of the internet for the last few months. You just can't escape this movie wherever you go. If you're on any website or read any newspaper they have leaked spoilers thrown around left and right in photo or headline form that you just can't help but notice. Urgh...

Least I haven't watched a single trailer for Godzilla. Don't know fuck all about that film. That might be the movie that wins May for me. I'll still go see Spider-man this weekend despite the poor reception.
    They actually just released a new trailer for Godzilla and it is tits... that is all I am saying about that one.

I am totally on your side about how the media handles movies like this, and maybe that took some of it away for me... but when I am so into a movie I tend to read all the updates and what not and I was really optimistic about this one because despite some flaws from the first film... the first film was really enjoyable for me. The new one just seemed like they had absolutely no idea what they wanted to do here. It ended on a promising note, but that isn't saying much.. just my opinion.

I'll be seeing this again in better quality, but until then.. it left a very bad taste in my mouth.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Whoa, people were actually expecting this to not be horrible?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    we see it last nite and I really liked it!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    This may be the most frustrating movie I'll see all year. There was a period several years ago before the Marvel movies really picked up and started getting their shit together where I was done, just totally finished with all the terrible movies based on comics. Amazing Spider-Man 2 was a throw-back to that. It's a reminder of how terrible comic book movies can be, how totally inept and misguided and stupid and fan-fellating and unfocused and cynical and cheap. And there are a few things it does really well, and those things highlight just how awful everything else is.

The characters are barely coherent. The plot floats around without any real connective tissue or tension in a way that might be described as 'avant-garde'. I checked my watch around the 100-minute mark and was honestly surprised at the time because the film never dropped exposition mode, and so many of the scenes began with, "Oh, well I guess we're doing this now. Where are we? Why are we here? What the hell..." or culminated in moments where characters stopped making sense or pulled convenient little tricks out of nowhere at all.

Amazing Spider-Man 2 is Sony seeing Disney/Marvel's success and their marketing saying, "Hey, so with this movie we have to start setting up all of our other movies, and people will see and love this and all of the coming features just because people love this comic book shit."

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I enjoyed it. It had its flaws and pacing issues certainly, had some bad dialogue and cheese, and was definitely way over exposed in the marketing which made it feel like a little bit of a let down (especially the end sequence) BUT I enjoyed watching Garfield as Spidey, the web slinging was excellent, the Goblin stuff was well done on both accounts, and the core of the story was sensible for the most part. I won't go into too much more details and spoilers, but I think the movie came from a good place just ended up a bit poorly executed, and like we all knew, they tried to do too much in a limited span of time (although it was still actually managed and put together a bit better than I expected).

One thing that really did bother me was the character development of Electro. It's like they went out of their way to make him a fan of Spidey, but really failed to find a good reason to turn him bad. Why not just make it easier on yourself and have him hate spidey from the get go for a simple reason? That was pretty stupid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I too enjoyed it. Even at its worst, I cannot be as bad as that one-hit-wonder AKA Sam Raimi's abortions. It wasn't as crammed as I thought it was going to be at all. Garfield is great as Parker. I love that he's not at all whiney or overly nerdy like McGuire's. I thought they tried too hard in the Raimi trilogy and made him more of a stereotypical nerd. I didn't even mind how they did Electro and how they played the obsessed with Spidey/pent up anger about being ignored and stepped on.
    Overall, besides the cheese and silliness here and there though I've come to accept that about superhero films, I thought it was pretty damn good and really looking forward to the next sequels even though I've grown tired of all these superhero films.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Not that I'm super invested in the Spider-Man franchise, because I think he's a stupid superhero, but this movie was on par with some of the worst shit that Marvel's ever churned out.

I could retype everything here but instead I'll simply just post the link to my review on my website:
    http://lostinreviews.com/2014/05/mov...-spider-man-2/

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Not that I'm super invested in the Spider-Man franchise, because I think he's a stupid superhero, but this movie was on par with some of the worst shit that Marvel's ever churned out.

I could retype everything here but instead I'll simply just post the link to my review on my website:
    http://lostinreviews.com/2014/05/mov...-spider-man-2/
    That is excellent. I'm glad I decided not to see this because it looks horrifically bloated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Whatever. It wasn't that bad. It was still miles better than the Iron Man sequels.