Page 26 of 129 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 126 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Earthbound. Hurrah for ROMs, since this never came out over here.
    I just put the fan translation of Mother 3 onto my Ouya. Glorious!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    The opening of The Last of Us is the best thing in video games since I can remember. Holy shit.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: What are you playing?

Quote Originally Posted by bruised View Post
    The opening of The Last of Us is the best thing in video games since I can remember. Holy shit.
    This game is awesome and addictive. Kinda makes me wonder if PS3 has even reached it's full potention. Im doubting it. Looks amazing.

Contemplating giving MGS Portable Ops another go. Cool story, but the gameplay was too iffy for me to finish.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Naughty Dog games just seem to have this 'drive' that makes you want to just keep going.. I've put in... 6-7 hours on Last of Us today. Which is crazy considering I had things to do and life etc.. but hey.
    Uncharted 2 + 3 both did the same, and Crash 2 + 3.. wasn't too big on Jak and Daxter though.. This generation they have just mastered the balance of gameplay-cutscene-interactive-sequence-more gameplay, there is always a clear set of goals, both long term and short term.. etc etc blah blah.
    And as for pushing the PS3? I think Last of Us and Beyond will be the 'most' we see of it, at some points TLoU looks like a CGI film, and others it just looks real. Then it drops back and theres a bit of aliasing, or a wonky shadow. Nevertheless its still stunning. The next consoles certainly have their work cut out for them, its getting to be the little things like texture pop, jaggies, resolution and framerate that hold graphics back, rather than poly counts and art design.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidcalm View Post
    I've put in... 6-7 hours on Last of Us today. Which is crazy considering I had things to do and life etc.. but hey.
    Haha, yeah. My 6 month old son was crying while playing, and I was like ''Shh, dad can't hear''...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tokyo Jungle... yeah I know I'm a bit late on it, but it's hilarious and addicting.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

What are you playing?

XCOM, now that it's included as part of ps plus.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    XCOM, now that it's included as part of ps plus.

I just finished it today. It was a great game. Lots of aesthetic glitches, though. but very challenging, and very unique. encouraged me going forward with fire emblem eventually.

for now: red dead redemption

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Just finishing off getting 100% completion in Tomb Raider - I just bought the original Bioshock game so have all three lined up to play one after the other

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    I just finished it today. It was a great game. Lots of aesthetic glitches, though. but very challenging, and very unique. encouraged me going forward with fire emblem eventually.
    ever played the original? I'm a big fan of that. So far this one hasn't disappointed (but I'm not expecting as nuanced a game as the original)

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I just bought the original Bioshock game so have all three lined up to play one after the other
    Don't let the second one bring you down. I loved the first one, 2nd was "ok" at best though, in my opinion. I've heard great things about Infinite but I haven't gotten around to it yet, waiting for it to either come down in price for 360 or become available on Mac.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    ^^^i had already started playing bioshock 2 actually, but when I heard about infinite I stopped playing and decided to do them all in order, I like the story though and the atmosphere so I'm happy to do them all even though the gameplay in one of them might not be up to scratch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Just started downloading Deus Ex: Human Revolution, as it is free on PS+. Looks interesting, I haven't heard or read much about it, anyone play this? Thoughts?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spiralout View Post
    Just started downloading Deus Ex: Human Revolution, as it is free on PS+. Looks interesting, I haven't heard or read much about it, anyone play this? Thoughts?
    Great game, have yet to beat it though.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spiralout View Post
    It's good. The customization is insanely vast. Want a steathy, non-lethal guy? Do it. Want a complete bad ass, guns blazing? Do it. The possibilities of character customization, and the routes you can take to get through the level. It's a very open game, and lets you almost do whatever you want. Problem is the story, which just felt thrown together. The gameplay felt kinda "rough", also, but nothing to ruin the game. It's definitely worth playing, especially if it's free. That's practically a steal.

The boss battles are very out of place too (unless you get you the new Wii-U version (?), which completely changed up those instances). But, on the bright side, if you're going non-lethal, it won't affect anything when you kill them.
    Last edited by Piko; 06-25-2013 at 08:41 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Sounds good. Thanks for the input, looking forward to starting it tonight after work.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution non-stealthily is a massive issue. Don't bother going guns blazing, you always seem outgunned, outnumbered and out powered when it comes to gunplay.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Thanks for the heads up on these. DL/ing:
    Deus Ex
    Uncharted 3
    LBP Karting
    Playstation + rules.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: What are you playing?

Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution non-stealthily is a massive issue. Don't bother going guns blazing, you always seem outgunned, outnumbered and out powered when it comes to gunplay.
    There was one part where I had that problem. Spoiler: the penthouse. Even though I realized there was a vent to help "ease" things along . There's points where stealth is the way to go. But if you upgrade the hell out of your armor, etc, you can gun through it. That part made me have to reconsider that strategy.

Decided to hook up my PS2 and attempt to (finally) finish Final Fantasy XII. Plus, I want to replay the Kingdom Hearts series.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Silent Hill 3 HD. First time play through of the series, and that is one fuuuucked uuup game. Moving onto SH4 once I've done that, but I'd say SH3 is the scariest in the series so far.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Its the official release of the Ouya this week so I gave it another whirl. Lots of new emulators on the store, and the UI has been sped up which is good. A few 'classic' mobile games like Shadowgun are on there. It's... a bit naff.. But hey I can play Chrono Cross and Mother 2 + 3 on it so hey!
    Interested to see how it evolves. Some of the in development games look fun, and Super Crate Box is on there too.. so yeah..

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GavinCollins420 View Post
    Silent Hill 3 HD. First time play through of the series, and that is one fuuuucked uuup game. Moving onto SH4 once I've done that, but I'd say SH3 is the scariest in the series so far.
    Is Silent Hill 4 available for the PS3 now or are you playing on a PS2?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Is Silent Hill 4 available for the PS3 now or are you playing on a PS2?
    Got the original Xbox one to play on my 360.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    ^^^cheers, dang though, it's the only game on my old PS2 (that I've got rid of) that I really want but haven't transferred over to PS3, never mind

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    ^^^cheers, dang though, it's the only game on my old PS2 (that I've got rid of) that I really want but haven't transferred over to PS3, never mind
    SH4 doesn't even work on my back compatible ps3.. the textures are waaay messed up.. even for a silent hill game. 4 is actually one of my favourites too, at least in the beginning section. Really nails Lynchian horror in the opening few hours. Goes a bit to pot halfway through. If you can dig up the PC version I hear thats the best way to play it these days.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    ^^brilliant, thanks, will be V weird playing silent hill on pc though. It's the bits in the apartment that disturb me the most, when the flat gets haunted, those faces in the window, I can't play this on my own in the house

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    ^^brilliant, thanks, will be V weird playing silent hill on pc though. It's the bits in the apartment that disturb me the most, when the flat gets haunted, those faces in the window, I can't play this on my own in the house
    Did some reading up.. you can get it to run in 1080p but the cutscenes are borked. Apparently the best way to go is using a PS2 emulator, plus then you get control pad support.
    All this SH talk reminds me I haven't finished Downpour yet...

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

What are you playing?

Oh very slowly playing alpha centauri too, not sure if I mentioned that. Awesome game s

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Finally finished this after starting it two summers ago! Whattttt?!

I need to mop up for 3 achievements but that'll be quick. I think I need to buy Case West now.