Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: The NIN Summer Tour 2018 Spoilers Thread!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    that's from terrible lie
    I actually laughed out loud at this

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    That's a bummer. Sin is one of the songs I feel is better live than in the studio recording. I almost always listen to the "And All That Could Have Been" recording over the original.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    And the award for "longest time it's taken this community to find out whether one song was played at a show or not" goes TO...

Was it played though? Guys, was "Sin" played? Was it? Everyone, we just need to know if "Sin" was played. Was it played tho??

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    ^^
    Wrong, we still to this day don't know if they really used Reptilian intro at that one show in 2007 or was just a typo on the setlist

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Montreux Jazz Festival is streaming this year, including "headlining performances":

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...300651310.html

So, strong possibility of NIN stream, or possibly on the mentioned audio stream too on Slacker Radio.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    ^^
    Wrong, we still to this day don't know if they really used Reptilian intro at that one show in 2007 or was just a typo on the setlist
    There's also some Ghosts discrepancy for the Philly LITS show too, unless that was finally figured out?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie teardrop View Post
    There's also some Ghosts discrepancy for the Philly LITS show too, unless that was finally figured out?
    Ha, I was at that Philly show on the LITS tour.....Wachovia Center, correct? Although, I cant remember for the life of me what was played and what wasnt. I definitey remember some excerpts from Ghosts and The Great Destroyer was a highlight. Also ran into Justin Meldal-Johnson (he was on bass for them at the time) in the audience during the opener and got a cool pic. Very nice dude.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Setlist.fm says Gone Still was performed tonight. We shall see if it's legit or not soon.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Setlist.fm says Gone Still was performed tonight. We shall see if it's legit or not soon.
    Looks like that got updated and removed ...

Man, I love this setlist though. I would be all about seeing this one live.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Interested in whatever the “Closer tease” in Reptile means.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I was there and don't know what it means either. I thought there was something wrong with Trent's guitar. It sounded weird and he stopped singing for a couple of seconds. He did play different chords, I think? But to me it just sounded off and not remotely close to Closer.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Interested in whatever the “Closer tease” in Reptile means.

Maybe he did something like this

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post
    Ha, I was at that Philly show on the LITS tour.....Wachovia Center, correct? Although, I cant remember for the life of me what was played and what wasnt. I definitey remember some excerpts from Ghosts and The Great Destroyer was a highlight. Also ran into Justin Meldal-Johnson (he was on bass for them at the time) in the audience during the opener and got a cool pic. Very nice dude.
    The Philly 2008 show was Ghosts 8 instead of 31 for sure. Is that was you're talking about?

Also, not sure what the issue would be since there is a recording of the show in RITC.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    The Philly 2008 show was Ghosts 8 instead of 31 for sure. Is that was you're talking about?

Also, not sure what the issue would be since there is a recording of the show in RITC.
    Just checked RITC, the whole set list is there ...and also, I wasn’t the one who brought this up so I’m not sure why you’re getting on me about it. I was simply recounting my story and adding my part.

I wasnt the one disputing anything. I see the link to the show, maybe I’ll check it out sometime to revisit.
    Last edited by ItsChrisRoss; 07-02-2018 at 11:25 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Total speculation on my part, but here it goes.

I still hope / believe that some Canadian shows are coming. And after attending the Herbie Hancock show a few nights ago in Toronto, it seems that the Sony Centre would fit the bill for this small theater tour that Trent and co. have embarked on. The building has hosted GA shows in the pit in the past (Prince in 2015 for one), and the concert calendar for the venue is empty for the first four evenings after the Chicago dates. Plenty of time to hit Montreal as well, on or after Halloween.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niggo View Post
    Oh, by the way, did anyone notice the mic pointing at the crowd? Is this common practice? It was positioned far to the right, don't know if there was another one on the other side.
    when a live show is recorded, it's good to mic the audience in case you want to phase-cancel some of the excessive audience noise out of the other mics (or completely, in the case of some recent king crimson recordings). unfortunately, in the hands of some mixing engineers, the crowd noise becomes unbearable, particularly in breaks between songs (see Incubus' live at red rocks DVD, where it literally hurts how loud the crowd is any time there's a break in the music).

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Today I am wishing I had waited to buy my tickets. We are driving from Missouri to Memphis TN for the show in September, so I wound up grabbing tickets on StubHub. Everything floor-level was priced astronomically high, so I picked up a couple of upper balcony seats instead because they were more affordable and I REALLY didn't want to be left scrambling for tickets at the last minute.

Don't get me wrong, the seats are fine and I'm of the opinion that there's not really such a thing as "bad" seats at a NIN show. I've been in the worst seats ever and still had a great time, but now that it's been a few weeks since I purchased my tickets, I'm noticing the price of the floor stuff is dropping somewhat consistently. So I'm sitting here second-guessing my choice to quickly grab tickets and thinking I should have just waited and watched the ticket prices before buying them. I've never bought tickets from a third-party before so I wasn't really anticipating that the price would go down.

You live and you learn I guess!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eachpassingphase View Post
    Today I am wishing I had waited to buy my tickets. We are driving from Missouri to Memphis TN for the show in September, so I wound up grabbing tickets on StubHub. Everything floor-level was priced astronomically high, so I picked up a couple of upper balcony seats instead because they were more affordable and I REALLY didn't want to be left scrambling for tickets at the last minute.

Don't get me wrong, the seats are fine and I'm of the opinion that there's not really such a thing as "bad" seats at a NIN show. I've been in the worst seats ever and still had a great time, but now that it's been a few weeks since I purchased my tickets, I'm noticing the price of the floor stuff is dropping somewhat consistently. So I'm sitting here second-guessing my choice to quickly grab tickets and thinking I should have just waited and watched the ticket prices before buying them. I've never bought tickets from a third-party before so I wasn't really anticipating that the price would go down.

I am doing the same, coming from Missouri. I got tix a few days after the on sale balcony right center row G, paid 93 plus fees. It is what it is ,No regrets. I feel I paid a great price and find it's best not to keep checking the prices and just have a blast, hell I flew to Vegas just for the first show and flew back the next day, totally worth it.

Wondering what you paid and got as most floor level seats seem to be 200 to 300 each.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eachpassingphase View Post

I have a ticket for night one at Red Rocks, but since I'm driving 22+ hours to get there, I know I'm going to the second night as well. I plan on waiting until closer to the date for scalpers to drop their prices, since from what I've heard there is no bad spot there, so no matter where I get a ticket for I'll be happy. Obviously the closer the better, I'll have to weigh price and location and see what I can get. I'll admit I'm VERY anxious about "what if the second night really sells out and there are no tickets at all to be had closer to the date?" but someone told me in Vegas this year "if you want to go to a NIN show, GO, there WILL be a ticket you can get somehow." and so I'm taking that advice and putting my fate in my NIN karma's hands. It's served me well so far.

Quote Originally Posted by bryan_NIN65 View Post
    hell I flew to Vegas just for the first show and flew back the next day, totally worth it

Glad I'm not the only one who flew out for just the first show! I was actually bummed because friends were trying to talk me into coming to the others but my flight took off Thursday night and I couldn't afford to change it, but that show was so amazing I don't mind at all.
    Last edited by sick among the pure; 07-04-2018 at 03:42 AM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan_NIN65 View Post
    I am doing the same, coming from Missouri. I got tix a few days after the on sale balcony right center row G, paid 93 plus fees. It is what it is ,No regrets. I feel I paid a great price and find it's best not to keep checking the prices and just have a blast, hell I flew to Vegas just for the first show and flew back the next day, totally worth it.

Wondering what you paid and got as most floor level seats seem to be 200 to 300 each.
    Sweet! It's cool to see another Missourian heading to Memphis. We are coming from Columbia so it's a bit of a jaunt for us, hopefully, you are further south and your drive is a little shorter.

Looks like you are pretty close to where I am. I grabbed two in the left-center balcony, row F. When I bought them they were 140 each. There weren't as many floor-level seats available when I bought these, but all of them were like 700 bucks a piece at the time. I think what I'm seeing is just an increase in floor tickets being sold at more reasonable prices. There are still some front-row seats that are like 700+ up on Stub Hub.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    I have a ticket for night one at Red Rocks, but since I'm driving 22+ hours to get there, I know I'm going to the second night as well. I plan on waiting until closer to the date for scalpers to drop their prices, since from what I've heard there is no bad spot there, so no matter where I get a ticket for I'll be happy. Obviously the closer the better, I'll have to weigh price and location and see what I can get. I'll admit I'm VERY anxious about "what if the second night really sells out and there are no tickets at all to be had closer to the date?" but someone told me in Vegas this year "if you want to go to a NIN show, GO, there WILL be a ticket you can get somehow." and so I'm taking that advice and putting my fate in my NIN karma's hands. It's served me well so far.
    Red Rocks is on my bucket list. Everytime I look at pictures I get the same feeling - there really doesn't seem to be a "bad" spot there. I'm sure you'll find tickets, I've heard a lot of other fans say the same thing, "if you want to go, show up and you WILL find tickets".

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by willgaspari View Post
    Total speculation on my part, but here it goes.

I still hope / believe that some Canadian shows are coming. And after attending the Herbie Hancock show a few nights ago in Toronto, it seems that the Sony Centre would fit the bill for this small theater tour that Trent and co. have embarked on. The building has hosted GA shows in the pit in the past (Prince in 2015 for one), and the concert calendar for the venue is empty for the first four evenings after the Chicago dates. Plenty of time to hit Montreal as well, on or after Halloween.
    Nah, I think that ship has sailed. They would have been announced by now. It's less than 3 months away to the start of the North American leg. Bigger bands tend to announce shows further out these days to try and sell more tickets before the show. As much as I would love Canadian dates, it's not going to happen. What we have now is what we have to work with.

I don't even think Canadian dates are coming in 2019 at this point. Trent is going to be burned out after this tour and will be "taking NIN away for a while..." But that's all speculation on my part as well. But all signs point this being quite plausible. I think the Canadian dates part is out though, and I would love to be proven otherwise or eat my words in a few weeks. I just don't see it happening at this point.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 07-04-2018 at 06:57 PM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I think one of these should be the photo for the Roskilde TJ entry.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bk0ojyinVnf/

Looks like St Vincent is on atm. Hope to see some good stuff today.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Nah, I think that ship has sailed. They would have been announced by now. It's less than 3 months away to the start of the North American leg. Bigger bands tend to announce shows further out these days to try and sell more tickets before the show. As much as I would love Canadian dates, it's not going to happen. What we have now is what we have to work with.

I don't even think Canadian dates are coming in 2019 at this point. Trent is going to be burned out after this tour and will be "taking NIN away for a while... But that's all speculation on my part as well. But all signs point this being quite plausible. I think the Canadian dates part is out though, and I would love to be proven otherwise or eat my words in a few weeks. I just don't see it happening at this point.
    I have to agree with you that we won't see NIN in Canada in 2018. God knows what his plans are for 2019 though.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    An attempt to make a pattern of this year's setlists:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...PbfBDx8f5E9_jE

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    An attempt to make a pattern of this year's setlists:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...PbfBDx8f5E9_jE
    Hmm, they're becoming a bit more predictible aren't they? Would be fun to see that mixed up a bit at the next headline show (I get why it isn't at traditional festivals)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I have a feeling the sets we're seeing now aren't necessarily reflective of what will be the Cold and Black and Infinite tour. There are gonna be staples for sure, and probably a largely similar structure, but I would think that the actual "Cold and Black and Infinite tour" will have at least sooome differences. But we'll see. Certainly wouldn't the first time that the same set lists were used over multiple tours, if that's the case.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    There’s a month between the last summer date and first C&B&I show, even if a lot of that is Trent and Atticus doing scorework I’d think they’ll have time to rehearse some new songs. They came out of the gate with a ton of variation in Vegas. A lot of these Europe dates have been festivals and those always get the more typical sets, I’d think at least a few different songs will get thrown into the mix in the fall, especially with so many consecutive night runs in venues (not to mention LA).

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I really hope they release some of the stuff that has been filmed on stage with proper audio because none of the videos or Instagram posts I've seen do the sound justice at all

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    There’s a month between the last summer date and first C&B&I show, even if a lot of that is Trent and Atticus doing scorework I’d think they’ll have time to rehearse some new songs. They came out of the gate with a ton of variation in Vegas. A lot of these Europe dates have been festivals and those always get the more typical sets, I’d think at least a few different songs will get thrown into the mix in the fall, especially with so many consecutive night runs in venues (not to mention LA).
    Plus, the entire live lineup is veteran so there's not a learning curve for any of them. Some really dynamic sets akin to the earlier Vegas shows this year would be awesome but now I'm also extremely anxious about that prospect since I'm only going to one night at Red Rocks... :-/