Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Rogue One

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Your Name Here View Post
    Okay so I'm excited and confused all at the same time. Star Wars Rogue One is not a sequel or second movie to Star Wars The Force Awakens it actually takes place after Revenge Of The Sith and before A New Hope in the Star Wars timeline.
    What is the title for the Star Wars movie that is to follow Star Wars The Force Awakens and when is the release date on that one ?
    Also I kind of dug the instrumentation on the Star Wars theme in the Rogue One trailer.
    Episode VIII has no official title yet, and streets Dec 15, 2017.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Rogue One is a side movie if you will.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Last edited by Your Name Here; 07-25-2016 at 12:47 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    @october_midnight and @Space Suicide

Thank you I guess Disney is going to really make use of the multiple stories that surround the Star Wars universe (no pun intended). Rogue One trailer looks really good, lots of Star Wars to look forward to.
    If I'm not mistaken, it's going to be an alternating release timeline:

Rogue One - Dec 2016
    Episode VIII - Dec 2017
    Han Solo - May 2018
    Episode IX - 2019
    Boba Fett - 2020

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Man, that shot of those AT-ATs on the beach.

I'm ready.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Last edited by Your Name Here; 07-25-2016 at 12:47 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Han Solo??????? .....faints, falls to the floor..........still shaking............. Now I really have something to look forward to, I'm assuming they are going to do a younger Han Solo have they named the actor to play him?
    I believe only shortlisted... Down to 3 guys.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    What a pleasant freaking surprise! Everything here is so out of left field as far as characters go, and the entire feel of this adaptation of the Star Wars universe. Once you hear the first sound of the blasters, it sucks you right back in any doubts you may have been feeling at the time. Man, it is so good to be a Star Wars fan right now. Those walkers look amazinggggg.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Also I don't get why Palpatine would be bowing down or anything. Not the guy's style. Pretty sure it's a new character. And I'm really hoping Vader, if included, is really in his prime and built up as this mythic source of fear that sweeps across the battle field and treats Rebels like ragdolls and confetti. If they treat him like this director did Godzilla, it could be fantastic -- lots of buildup, him practically as a monster movie villain. It would really get you in the mind of what the average Rebel soldier would've been thinking.
    I actually think it would be really interesting and cool if they use this film to retcon Snoke further back into the history of the franchise. In which case, that cloaked character could either be him or the unseen character before whom they seem to be kneeling.

Could be either, might be neither. Just speculating.

Oh, btw...

Last edited by Hazekiah; 04-07-2016 at 03:42 PM.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    She had me at "Yes, Sir." <3

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    I actually think it would be really interesting and cool if they use this film to retcon Snoke further back into the history of the franchise. In which case, that cloaked character could either be him or the unseen character before whom they seem to be kneeling.
    I like this idea.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I'm gonna fucking see this. Plus, Felicity Jones......mmmm...... me want.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    so, pretty sure someone i'm friends with in real life blocked me on facebook because i posted an article criticizing all of the idiot boys out there wailing and complaining about "another star wars movie with a female lead" and said that so many men are garbage. seriously, dude? you're a 35-year-old guy who i thought was pretty intelligent, and you block me on facebook because i have a strong opinion about not treating women like second-rate citizens/objects to be held by the male gaze? fuck you!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Well, according to the trailer I just saw the lead role is played by a lens flare.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    After six Star Wars movies where the main protagonists were all men, being upset that a whole two so far feature women in the lead roles really is just being a sexist, bitchy tool. It's not like it's even felt like pandering -- you could switch the gender of Rey and it wouldn't impact it at all. She just happens to be a woman who does cool shit.

It's almost like -- and bear with me, this might be a little extreme here -- female characters are also people just like their male counterparts! A novel idea, I know, but I think I might be on to something there.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    trailer looks really good and I like it that it is a bit different in terms of visual style than TFA. It looks a little more between the original trilogy and the new one. And I think everybody would shit their pants if Darth Vader made a proper appearance. They could do really neat shit with that prequel-plot.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Would James Earl Jones come back for Vader's voice?

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    He did Ep. III and, very recently, "Star Wars: Rebels," so he's definitely TOTALLY down. Not to mention old as fuck. I realllly hope they get all the Vader they can out of him asap.

:-\

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    New trailer looks fucking awesome. This might sound crazy, but this could be the best SW movie since Empire.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    What i would find interesting is if the Rebels turned to the bounty hunters for some help out of desperation.

I can't quite think of an ideal circumstance but surely they have to struggle with morality and how to get the job done.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Not having John Williams directly score an SW film of any kind will be hella weird I tell yew whut

But I'll give it a fair shake. Like what I'm seeing.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    I've actually seen a lot of people complaining about John Williams not scoring this movie, which strikes me as kind of weirdly demanding and not very open-minded.

Personally, I'd rather he concentrate his efforts on the main series rather than the spin-offs.

It gives him a break so he's not just constantly scoring Disney's endless, annual Star Wars films all the way into his grave, while likewise allowing the franchise room to breathe and expand without and beyond him.

Sounds like a WIN/WIN to me.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    If someone can do a score that has the spirit of Williams and fits in with the SW universe, I'm down for that. Plus, it might make Williams rest a little easier knowing that there's composers that can get the job done.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Really would love to see Palpatine and Tarkin in this movie. Tarkin was such a son of a bitch, sadistic nazi, a bit of a backstory would be great. Is there any indication he may show up? Mads Mikkelsen is cast as a "villain" on wiki. Could he be Tarkin?
    Last edited by GulDukat; 04-08-2016 at 06:05 PM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    The timeline for this movie is too close to ANH so I doubt he's playing Tarkin.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    If someone can do a score that has the spirit of Williams and fits in with the SW universe, I'm down for that. Plus, it might make Williams rest a little easier knowing that there's composers that can get the job done.
    I will say, it kind of breaks my heart that one day we'll likely see a live action episodic main Star Wars movie and it won't feature John Williams as the composer. That guy is such a legend who has pretty much the great film scoring legacy imaginable. His work was something of a soundtrack to my (and many other's) childhood.

I'm really, really hoping we get to see Mads as some sort of Sith or bounty hunter. In general they seem to have an absolutely stellar cast for this movie.

And can I just say how wonderful it is to be regularly excited about Star Wars again? I forgot how fantastic of a feeling that was.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    As someone who has played a ton of the Star Wars video games that have often used John Williams music along with original pieces by different composers, I don't find this as hard of an adjustment as some people that just know the films.

I'm a big fan of music from The Old Republic so I'm kind of excited about hearing different takes for the films.

Check out this gorgeous piece from Kevin Kiner that scores Star Wars Rebels. SO GOOD!

Maybe it will help with the idea of getting used to some different composers.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    It's Alexandre Desalt, so things will be alright.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    john williams is 84 years old. the guy's gonna die sooner or later, sad to say. it's a good idea that they're starting to branch out on composers and see if there's anyone who can fill his shoes. someone needs to step up. might as well start testing people out on these "side" movies

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I didn't have a crush on Felicity Jones before, but I sure do now.

The trailer did a good job of selling the movie for me; before I was only mildly interested, now I really want to see this.

A (live action) Star Wars movie without a John Williams score? Say it isn't so! In all seriousness, though, Williams is old and should focus on the main series. We'll just have to see if other composers are up to the task of filling his iconic shoes.